Welcome to Gaia! ::

Woo! Cookie! *dances around holding cookie* interweb cookies make me want real cookies...but I have no real cookies in my house. *shrug* Ah well, I suppose I shall have to go make muffins or maybe sushi. Yesss sushi heart
Mmm... Sushi. That stuffs good. I'm not to fond of muffins though. But my sister is making brownies! Yay! ^^
Caladhiel
Username: Caladhiel
Contest: Short Story contest
Title: Why? ((Dedicated to a dear friend of mine, 1989-2007. I miss you!))
Word Count:
Prompt: ~“Skin breaks so easily, it makes me wonder if we were meant to hurt.” –wild wolf free17 (fanfiction author)
Story:

“Why?” I keep asking myself that now over and over with my face smashed into a nearly flat pillow. “Why? Why does this only happen to me? Out of all the cars in the world why did it have to be my sister’s ugly beige Buick? I’m sure there were other cars on the street then so why?” I cried to myself my pillow pressed tightly against my face. I’m sure if anyone had walked in the room at that point they would have thought me a mess, and I was. I really was. I was laying on my bed, with the clothes I had worn yesterday still draped over my body; which was now sitting with my knees curled in as far as they could go with my face buried in a pillow. I’m sure thoughts were running though my head back then but all I could manage to do was scream. Scream and cry and sob. That’s all I could manage to do with myself, that and ask myself over and over why.

Why couldn’t it have been another car?
Why couldn’t she have left the house later?
Why couldn’t she taken a different turn?
Why, why, why?

Of course no one answered me. No one could hear me. All they could hear when I found out was my screaming, and all they could see were tears. They didn’t hear my questions they only saw my breakdown. I though I was surely dreaming… but if I were, why wouldn’t I wake up? Why am I stuck in this nightmare? This couldn’t have happened. There is no way that this could have happened to my sister. My arrogant, caring, annoying sister... they must have been wrong. It just doesn’t seem like reality. But it was.

I hugged my pillow tighter, my stomach was starting to burn from crying so much and I’m sure my makeup didn’t look so great either. I could feel my whole body shaking now, from crying, from a sleepless night… from guilt.

“I’m sorry Amber, I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m so, so sorry!” I screamed my voice feeling as though it was about ready to crack. My mind was stuck on what I had seen. My sister’s beautiful long brown hair dripping with crimson, her eyes closed. Her lips tinted with a soft purple color and people dressed in white rushing around yelling orders to one another. I was sorry, that I wasn’t there instead of her. I was sorry that I was the reason she had gone out in the first place. I was sorry that I would never see her again. I was sorry that I had to live without her.

Looking back on that moment now everything is blurry but I remember her face and skin bruised and bleeding. Damaged from an accident that wasn’t her fault. Skin breaks so easily, it makes me wonder if we were meant to hurt.

Ooooh, an entry! ....But it's not long enough! gonk It's only 489 words long....
Wanderlust14

Ooooh, an entry! ....But it's not long enough! gonk It's only 489 words long....

O.o I forgot word count! >< I'm so stupid. I'll fix it.
Nah, you're not stupid.... *glomps*
*huggles* Oh believe me, I really am! My brain is being all stupid because I'm sick. ><

I think I'll just post a different story and change it up a little. I really don't like the one I posted before anyway. ^^
^^ Okie dokie!
Okay... I posted it with my drabble. I'd enter the poetry one but I stink at poetry. ><
xd I know the feeling....I love poetry, but I can't write it to save my life.
I can do the little 5 year old rhyming poems like:
I dance in the sun,
It is loads of fun.

But that doesn't win much! xD
Haha same, poetry + me = FAIL.
xd I love your signature, Scribe.
I shall enter the poetry contest, just waiting for one of these images to inspire me lol razz
Looking at you, holding my breath.

I like poetry. But mine doesn't rhyme.
I found this while digging through my old files a few days ago:

Keep straight; there's fire on either side.
Tell me everything you've ever thought.
Wrap me up and throw me away,
but remember, you're my
reason to be.

When you can't see past your fear,
or know how close you are to your own end;
when you can't focus through the pain,
you know what it's like
to become insane.

o__o
It's for my ScriptFrenzy, back when it was a story and not a script. Not sure if I like it or not.

For once in my life, I'm scared to death.

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Wanderlust14
xd I love your signature, Scribe.

SO SAY WE ALL!!!

days those look like a beginning to great lyrics (if you ask, me which you did not). Ha.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff