Welcome to Gaia! ::

I love love, do you?

Hell yeah, squee 0.73333333333333 73.3% [ 55 ]
No, I am too good for love 0.26666666666667 26.7% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 75 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Take your time. It's 5:18pm here in PA, USA. I have to go in 42 minutes, and won't be back until tomorrow, so I won't get it until then anyways.
Title: A Simple Love Story
by: ~E.L.E.N.A~
She stood nervously as she looked up at the starry night sky. It was her first time ever leaving her hometown. She couldn't believe it was finally happening. It was time for her to begin her travels.

This was Bellezza Celeste, Bella for short. She had silky brown hair that reached half-way down her back. She had serious amber colored eyes. Her hair and eyes clashed majestically, with her tan skin and perfect figure. She didn't have much but she made do with what she could. Her family had never been 'rich'.
She was just a young girl in a world, Rezine which was an alternate world. People often came here to try to escape the problems on Earth. However,their attempts were in vain. You see,Rezine was just like Earth,except for one thing. There was less war. Bella was fifteen years old, today was her birthday. Unfortuanately, for the last ten years,a man by the name of Midnight has ruled here. He was a merciless dictator..anybody who opposed him died instantly.

As she looked off into the distance a cool wind blew her hair gently. It was time. Silently,she began walknig down the hill, upon which her house sat. After reaching the foot of the hill, she turned and she said good bye to her home silently. For all she knew this could be the last time,she could ever see her brothers or sisters again. When she thought about her parents hse sighed and continued walknig. They had told her this experience would be good for her. After all, in their culture it was customary for all men and women at her age to travel for a while. It was supposed to help them to find their place in the world.

For a few days she traveled. It was now the first day of summer. Temperatures seemed unbearable. Bella could see a city off in the distance. 'C'mon Bella..just keep going..' She tohught as she looked around her. There was no shade in sight,she wouldn't be able to stop and rest. Her best bet would be to try and reach the city. It seemed miles off though. She had begun to feel dizzy, Was she overheating?
'C'mon Bella..you can do it.'
Not long after her spell of dizziness,everything went black as she fainted.

...............................................................................................................................................................................................

Several hours later,Bella began to stir. She was still dizzy as she woke up and looked around.
Then she jumped slightly when sheheard a kind voice.

"Well..it's nice to see you alive."

She looked to see a young man sitting at her side. "Hold still." he said gently as he placed a wet cloth on her forehead and made her lay down. She looked up at him. He wasn't really the best loking guy around, but, there was just something about him that made her want to be around him. The young man couldn't have been more than sixteen at the most. He had short,messy black hair and startling sky blue eyes. He seemed to be quite a bit taller than her. However,one side of his face was basically covered in scars. It reminded her of a lizard in a sense. She stared at him for a moment before looking away. She didn't want to make him think she had a staring issue.
Finally spekaing on a quiet voice she asked; "Who are you? How did I get here? Why can't I feel anything?"
It was true, she had jsut noticed it but she couldn't feel anything on her body. It scared her. Nothing of the sort had ever happened before. He looked at her before saying calmly. "Just relax....if you don't your condition will only worsen/"
"My condition...?"
He took a deep breath before speaking. "While I walking through the field,I found you unconscious, you had a fever so I brought you here," he paused. "Even though I'm young, I'm actually sklilled in medicine. I think you might have a disease known as Tyderisou."
"Whats that?" she asked solemnly. He looked at her with a sort of wistful look.
"It's a disease,where you see..the victim will live a long life andeverything..just with complications."
She remained silent, so that he could continue speaking.
"The victim would be in danger of losing there voice.......pernamently. Oh and to your first question, my name is Darian Vio."
Bella told him her name and asked him if she could borrow his phone. Normally she wouldn't trust strangers, but he seemed honest..and he seemed to care about her unlike most of the other people in her life.

Of course, after hearing the news of what could happen top her voice, her parents were shocked. Bella had a beautiful voice, her baby sister said it was sweet like honey. Her parents, were greedy beyond belief. They had planned out her entire life. They wanted her to sing professionly and give them eighty percent of what she recieved. Also they were determined to find her a rich man to marry. Her family could'be been rich, however her parents refused to work. They said was for poor people and look at how their life was now. The
entire family was poorer than your average beggar.

Returning home a few months later,she received an unpleasnt suprise. An arranged marriage. To a man named Drakar Vale. She knew her parents had planned this. It was common knowledge that Drakar was one of the wealthiest men around. Her parents had told her that he would be glad to pay for the surgery that would save her voice. Most girls would've loved to marry Drakar. He was rich, smart and attractive. He had bright blond hair that fell mischievioulsly over one of his dark eyes. He had a body to die for and a dreamy smile.
One thing they didn't know though; he was the definition of 'jerk'. There wasn't a mniute where he didn't treat Bella like a slave. She jaut dealt with it emotionessly tohugh. Her thoughts of the kind young man,Darian kept her living and hoepful. Before she had left to return home, Darian had talked to her in private. He had told her that even though he had known her for a short while, he loved her and would come to take her away someday.

Over two years had passed now. She had lost hope almost comepletely now. Since, she was now seventeen she could be wed to Drakar. A wedding day had been set for the first day of winter. It was the second to last day of fall.

She had been queitly reading a book when she heard yelling form downstairs. Running as fast as she could she ran into the living room. When she saw who was there, she froze.
She saw Drakar and..Darian standing there. They both had a look of utter hatred on their faces.

As she steppend down,her footsteps easily heard on the wooden stairs, they both turned to look at her.

Drakar was the firat to speak. "Bellezza, love!! This imbecile here is saying he has come to wisk you away!"

It was Darian turn to speak. "Bella..I said I would come for you..." he siad quietly. He had changed so much over the years. It had been hard for her to recognize him, but she knew it was definitely him for sure when he heard his voice. It hadn't changed much.
His scars had faded and his shined much more brilliantly the faint light of the room.
She watched silently as the two argued before Darian looked at both Bella and Drakar.
"Tell, you what..will let her choose who she wants to be with."

Bella nodded to show she liked this idea. Drakar began saying he would give her precious gifts, moeny everything she wanted. He went on for what seemed hours, until her gaze met Darian's.

He spoke quietly in a humble voice. "I'd give you my love..and I'd I'd do anything to make you the happiest woman on Earth."
Drakar laughed at this. "Fool! Women don't want love,they want fame and riches."

Bella ignored this and walked over to to Darian. She didn't say anything but kissed him softly. After pulling away she spoke in a whisper. "Well...All I want is you.."
In a little bit I am going to send in the fee then post my story.
great thankies for the interest, I look forward to seeing your work
A Debt to be Paid

James sat up in bed and looked around with a blank look on his face. He blinked a few times before he remembered why he had woken up in the first place. Then he remembered as the phone rang once more. He blinked a few more times then picked it up and pressed talk.

“Hello?” He said his voice deep and groggy.

“James. I am glad I caught you at such an early time. Listen we need to talk.” The voice sounded urgent but James couldn’t quite place it.

“Oh well now is kind of a bad time. How about we talk about it over breakfast at the breakfast bar downtown?”

“Ok I will see you there in a few.” James hung up after hearing the familiar click of the other line going dead. Quickly he showered and got dressed. He hopped in his roofless yellow jeep and headed for the breakfast bar. Once there he gazed around and it seemed as if he was the only one there besides the staff. He sat down at the bar and rubbed his eyes. As he waited for his mystery caller to show up more people came. They were all giving him the strangest look, which he just couldn’t justify. He sighed trying to stay awake waiting for who ever called him. Suddenly out of the corner of his eye he saw a flash of gray and sub-consciously knew this was the person he had been waiting for. It appeared to be a man in his late twenties, about the same age of James. The unknown man sat next to James.

“Hello James. Don’t look at me that way. Don’t act like you don’t know who I am.” his was tone cool and some-how familiar. James shook his head slowly the man blinked several more times.

“James how could you. After all we have been through how could you just forget me, just like that.” With his last three words the man snapped his fingers. His voice was almost pleading. “James, its Kei. Don’t you remember that day all those years ago at the playground.” Suddenly all those memories James thought if he ignored would go away, came back. It was late night and they were in their early teens, they had both defied their parents and ran away to the playground. James was going to move the next day and neither wanted him to leave. The sun was half way raised when some rotting beast in the center of a thick fog came towards them. The thing its self seemed to be the source of the fog, which was more like steam or smoke. It lunged at James fangs barred. Kei had lunged in front of it and he got his neck bitten. James scrambled off in a blur, and was gone. Kei’s screams echoed around the whole playground and James shuddered. He finally reached his house and gripped the cold metal handle. He slipped back into bed just before his parents came in and told him to get up because they needed to start driving.

That day James’s whole family had moved out of state. For some reason his parents were paranoid and moved every year ever since James was five. He never had any friends, by the time he had made friends they moved and he lost touch. Now the only true friend had, been getting farther away and his condition was unknown. James snapped out of they daydream, but his eyes were still glassy. He remained lost in thought for a few more moments. He looked at Kei feeling horrible for what he had done.

“James, why did you leave me? I have spent years tracking you down just for this answer, and don’t give me lies that you had too. We both know full well if you wanted to stay with me you could have.” Kei’s tone was sad and hollow. James felt immensely sorry for Kei. He wondered what happened after he had left, but felt he had no right to know because he ran off like that.

“Kei I probably don’t deserve to know, but what happened that night. I mean after I left, and I only left out of fear, I thought you were dead.” His eyes shifted to the floor. It was no excuse but they were young only about fourteen and he had freaked and just wanted something normal, something familiar. Kei nodded his head he understood, but that didn’t mean he was going to forgive James that easily.

“After you left that thing bit into my jugular. It started draining my blood. Soon it left me with barely enough blood to survive but I managed to survive. I lay in the same place but when the morning came my skin felt as if it were on fire. I crawled into the shade and rested. I came out at night and I was so hungry. I checked trash bins for food but found I couldn’t eat it. Then I saw a cat walking by and I immediately grabbed it from pure impulse. Before I could realize what I knew what I was doing I sunk my fangs into its neck and sucked it dry of blood. After that I found a place that would stay dark all day, where I could think. I figured out that thing was a vampire and intentionally or not it turned me into one.” Kei said this with ease as if he had run it through his head many times before. James listened his eyes wide throughout the whole story. It was then he noticed not an inch of bare skin was showing on Kei. It was a warm summer day and James decided that they should go some place dark, where they could have some privacy. Especially since everyone at the breakfast bar seemed to be eavesdropping on them.

“Kei we should go somewhere more private. The people are staring and, we can get out of the light.” Kei was surprised when James has said all without skipping a beat, despite the look on his face. James got up and walked out to his Jeep and Kei followed. They both hopped in and James drove Kei back to his apartment. James let Kei in and went around pulling down the light tight curtains over his windows. Soon it was pitch black in the room and James turned on one single dim lamp. He noticed Kei had begun to take off all his extra layers of clothes. Eventually he was just wearing a ripped pair of gray jeans and a semi-loose gray top. His hair was a light gray and his eyes were a piercing blue, exactly how they had been that year they knew each other. James shrugged noticing two small scars on Kei’s neck and on across his hand.
“I was going to tell you to make yourself at home but it seems you already have” James smiled and was a bit disappointed when Kei didn’t smile back. James gestured to the bathroom and said “You can go clean up over there if you like.” Kei had wanted to have a shower for a long time. He nodded his thanks and headed to the bathroom. He closed the door behind him and locked it. He found clean towels already out and quickly he showered and dried off. When he went back outside he found James lying in bed watching some obscure TV show. Kei sat down next to James and stared at the TV for a moment then looked away. It was some love story and it pained him to watch. Not because it was sappy but he had lived his life un-loved and un-cared for.

“James I hate to ask but I have no where to stay, may I stay here, with you?” Kei was never one to ask for anything but he really felt like this was the best way for him to remain safe and in touch with James. James turned off the TV and looked at Kei. He nodded his head.

“Of course you can stay. After all you saved me, and now I have a debt to pay.” James smiled openly showing plainly he meant it. Kei’s eyes lit up for the first time in a long time, and he felt happy for the first time ever since he had been bitten. James decided in order to learn more about his long lost friend he was going to become nocturnal, and this he told to Kei who didn’t seem to care either way. The rest of the day passed with them just talking and catching up and them carefully avoiding the topic of what had happened that night so many years ago. Then the night passed with them sitting around watching random movies on TV just trying to pass the time. When the sun rose James called his boss and quit his job. Then he headed towards bed.

“Kei I don’t have a sofa or anything. Uh, you will have to sleep on the floor for now and tomorrow I will go buy one.” He felt so awkward saying but he felt like there was nothing he could do. Kei shrugged after sleeping on hard surfaces for all these years the soft carpet was heaven. Kei watched James after he fell asleep. He remembered from the many sleepovers that when James slept he was totally out of it. Quietly Kei stood up and slid into the bed with James. He snuggled up along right beside James who didn’t even notice. His neck was perfectly exposed, and it was so tempting. Finally Kei couldn’t take it anymore. He opened his mouth his fangs exposed and he sunk his fangs into James’s soft neck. The warm blood flowed into his mouth. James started to wake up but Kei held him still. Then Kei knew he should stop drinking and he pulled his fangs out of James’s neck. James face was paler then normal and his neck was sore. He looked at Kei, his long lost friend who he had trusted. His eyes were wide and full of pain.

“Kei how could you? I trusted you.” James was planning on saying more, but his vocal cords gave out and he couldn’t get them to work again. His eyes grew wider and filled with tears. He studied Kei wondering how he could have done such a thing to his friend.

“Your paying me back, remember?” His eyes were glittering and when he spoke James could see the blood, his blood, in Kei’s mouth. If James’s eyes could speak for him they would be screaming prayers. Even though no sound was made James’s eyes told Kei he had pushed it too far. He had only tried to make things even and fair but only made them worse. James had his hand clamped on his neck trying to stop the blood from flowing out of him. Vaguely he thought, “I’m pouring crimson regret and betrayal.” Then everything went black for James. Kei stood over the body of his one time friend. He sat down next to James. Kei wasn’t sure exactly what to do, should he stay here or should he go get food. He deiced on the second choice; he remembered after he was first blooded all he wanted was food. Kei wandered the empty, dark streets. He found a rabbit, and several small rats. He brought them back to the apartment. Kei bit into their necks one by one and sucked them dry mouthful by mouthful. Every time he got a mouthful he would transfer it into a bottle. Once all the rodents had been drained of blood he threw away the carcasses. James awoke several hours later with an extreme hunger. Kei brought him the bottle, which James eagerly sucked down, not knowing how he had gotten it or what it was. Half way through the bottle James set it aside and shook his head.

“Kei how did you get this and tell me it’s not human.” James’s voice was scratchy and faint. Kei shook his head it clearly said it wasn’t human and the look in Kei’s eyes clearly stated that James didn’t want to know how get got it. James sighed and eyed the bottle then he noticed how Kei was watching the bottle so he held it out as an offer to him. Kei took it slowly and when James nodded he knew it was ok and drank some, then passed it back to James. They passed it back and forth taking turns drinking the fresh blood. Soon James could feel his strength returning. James pulled Kei into a hug without out thinking. Then they both blinked at one another. James backed off and went to the bathroom to shower. Once in the shower James turn the water on icy cold and just let the water, fall over him. Kei was amazed at what just happened, was it an act of gratitude or of love? After his shower James quickly dressed. Kei yawned openly as James walked in the room. The air felt thick and they both avoided talking about what just happened.

“So why don’t we go to Wal-Mart or some place like that and see about getting you your own bed.” James’s voice had returned to normal function and he wanted to get a bed for Kei before the day came. Kei rose off the bed and nodded his head. They both hopped into James’s Jeep and drove to Wal-Mart. They walked to the furniture section where they saw a hobo sleeping on a chair but that was about it. It was, after all, past midnight. They found a sofa that had a pull out bed that was in James’s budget and that Kei liked. They carried it to the front and rung it up and paid. Then they hauled it into James’s Jeep and took it home. It was set up in the family room, which was practically a bedroom, and now was.

“Thanks James and I am sorry about blooding you, but I felt we would be even if we both had this condition.” His voice was tired because it was almost time for the sun to come up. He pulled his bed out of the sofa and flopped on it.

“Kei I will take you clothes shopping tomorrow, you can’t just wear that same thing everyday.” But it was too late Kei was already fast asleep. James’s shrugged it off and went to bed himself. When night came once more James felt a slight shaking on his shoulder. He opened his eyes and saw Kei standing over him.

“About time you woke up. I have been trying to wake you for the past ten minutes.” Kei’s voice wasn’t urgent or another tone which might have told James why he had just been woken up.

“Kei why are you waking me up?”

“You said we were going shopping.” James blinked a few more times before he realized what had happened. He nodded his head. He gelled his hair and quickly got dressed. They both decided to walk over to Jenkins, a 24/7 clothes shop. After spending hours picking out clothes for Kei they paid and walked back to their apartment. They dropped of the bags and decided to go for a walk. They were walking past a morgue when a man stepped out of the doorway.

“You two look like you are generally up at this time. I have a job offering for you.” Kei and James looked at one another then back at the man. They nodded their heads to show they were interested.

“I have two openings for jobs at this time of night. I need someone to clean up blood and sterilize the instruments in our autopsy room, someone who has a strong stomach. And I need some one to do the make up on the bodies that have been claimed and need to be prepared for the funeral, and you would also have to cremate those bodies which no one has claimed.” James and Kei looked at one another once more. Kei and James both thought it was a perfect job for them.

“We will take the jobs.” They both said in unison. Then looked back to the man who was now smiling.

“Hired, now if you will follow me I will show you the ropes.” They were shown around the three-story morgue. The basement was divided into two big rooms and a smaller one in the back on the first half. One of the halves was for body lockers, for the various bodies that needed to be claimed, cremated or have their make up done/ be dressed. There was a door leading off that room for the small crematorium. The other half was the makeup/autopsy room. That room was used for doing autopsies and for dressing and makeup. The ground floor had several counseling offices and funeral planning rooms. And the top floor was for viewing and funeral ceremonies. Then they were showed their jobs. James decided he would take care of the makeup because Kei had no clue how to work with makeup ad James only knew because he had an older sister.

“Well you two are fast learners. You will start your job tomorrow at ten. Your salary will contrast depending on how many bodies we have and the quality of your work.” With that the man showed them out the door. They walked back home. James was glad he now had a steady source of income but Kei was glad for that job for a different reason.

Kei and James left happily and went back to their apartment. Kei flopped down on the sofa and James joined him.

“Well it looks like we have a steady source of income and food now. We lucked out,” said Kei smiling, his fangs barely showing. James who hadn’t remembered about food whatsoever smiled and his eyes lit up. Kei thought ‘I love it when he looks like that. Wait no that can’t be, I can’t like him he is my best friend and I am straight.’ Then Kei’s face fell. James didn’t notice because he was too busy flipping though TV channels. Soon a late night movie about vampires came on. As they watched James continually questioned Kei about weather different things about vampires were true or not. He was a bit disappointed to learn that he wouldn’t be getting to fly or turn into a bat. When the movie was over the sun started to come out and James went into his room and closed the door and changed into his pajamas then checked his cell phone for missed called. Sure enough he had missed one. He listened to the message; it was the latest update from Dante. She had called to say that there would be a fall dance the day after tomorrow and that she hoped to see him there and he was more then welcome to bring along a friend. James tried to call her back but no one picked up but le left a message telling her for sure he would be there and he might bring one of his long lost childhood friends with him. He asked what the time the dance wall. He walked into the family, now Kei’s room, and noticed Kei was just climbing into bed. Quickly he backed up before he was spotted and he went back to his own room and went to bed.

“James, wake up! We are going to be late for work if you don’t get ready to go in ten minutes! How early were you up anyway?” yelled Kei into James’s ear. James blinked a few times and rubbed his eyes.

“Good whatever to you too. I wasn’t up early but you forget I am still adjusting to being nocturnal. And you could have woken me up earlier,” said James in a slightly annoyed tone as he jumped out of bed and changed.

“I did try but you told me to leave you the heck alone and get you up later. So I did,” Kei said in a very agitated tone. James shook his head then quickly gelled his hair.

“Ok lets go,” James, said as he slid on his shoes. He then walked out the door, Kei following close behind. They hurried to the morgue and un-locked the door. They walked in and then locked the door behind them. They found the stairs quickly and went down stairs into the basement, which was very cold and smelt of blood, burnt and rotting flesh. Kei walked off the grab the mop and bucket so he could mop up the blood the floor was covered with. He also grabbed a bucket for the used autopsy instruments and he pulled on gloves and a green set of scrubs for health reasons. James on the other hand dressed out in scrubs and then walked into the other room to check for bodies to be cremated, and ones that needed make up and or dressing. He checked the locker board. The locker board had descriptions of every locker and its occupant. The descriptions consisted of name, age, gender, and time of death, cause of death, what was to be done to the body and what locker number. He found two that needed make up and dressing and one that just needed make up. He didn’t find any for cremation. He pulled out the occupant of locker two and slid her onto a gurney and wheeled her into the other room, where Kei had just finished mopping the floor and had begun picking up the autopsy instruments.

“Any cremations?” Kei asked hopefully. James just shook his head and Kei sighed sadly. Kei continued picking up the instruments while James went to the makeup cabinet to grab the makeup he would need. He then walked over to the woman and started up the Bunsen Bruner to heat up the wax he would need to fill the cut on her cheek. While that was heating up he decided to go grab the man from locker thirteen. He pulled the man out and laid him on the gurney then wheeled him into the other room next to the woman. He took a piece of paper out of her pocket and wrote the number thirteen on it and placed it on the man’s gurney. He put the number two on the woman’s gurney, so he could remember who went where. He then went to the closet and pulled the clothing the family picked out for the man. He went back to the man and shuddered at the thought of having to dress another man, at least this one was young.

“Oh no James don’t tell me you have to dress him,” Kei said with a tone of disgust.
“Yeah I have to,” James said trying not to think too hard to think about it. James pulled the white sheet off the man and was horrified to see just how many bullet holes were on this man. He shook his head the pulled the pants on the man. Then he put the shirt on. Then put the white sheet back on him. He heard the wax bubbling and he knew it was time to pour the wax in the cut exactly the way the man had shown him how too. He dipped a small ladle-type-spoon into the wax and poured some in to cut knowing wax expanded slightly when it hardened. He put the ladle back in the pot and then took a metal tongue depressor and smoothed the wax so it was even and smooth with the skin. Then he knew he had to wait for the wax to harden. He walked back to the man and began to apply foundation.

“Hey James are there any other bodies that need makeup? I’m done and I could grab them from you,” Kei called over to James.
“There is a body in locker twenty-four that needs make up and dressing. The clothes are in the closet to the right of the lockers,” James said to Kei, glad he would be getting some help. He quickly finished the make up of locker-thirteen-man and put the white sheet back over him, then took him back to his locker. He closed the locker and put the gurney away. Then he went to the board and wiped off the part saying he needed makeup and dressing and wrote done. Then he walked back into the other room where Kei was standing with a terrified look on his face. James walked over and saw a your boy no older then four or five, with his face mangled. James eyes widened as he realized he would have to reconstruct over half of this boys face and all he had to go off of was a small picture of him.

“Holy hell. Kei go get more wax and put it in the pot to melt then the pot and the burner over here,” Kei walked off to get more wax, his face paler then normal if that was possible. James quickly did the make up of the woman then wondered where Kei was; he should have been back five minutes ago. Rapidly he put the woman’s body away and changed the locker board. Then he went back into the other room to see Kei, wax in had, staring at the wall wide-eyed the look of shock increased by ten.

“Kei what happened?” James asked in a soothing concerned tone.
“This kid is supposed to have an open casket funeral, I just checked,” Kei said slowly and sacredly. James eyes widened considerably. He walked over to Kei and steered him over to chair and sat him down. He then took the wax and walked back over to the boy. He shook his head and put the wax in the pot. While he was waiting for the wax to melt he walked back over to Kei.

“Are you going to be ok?” James asked in a calm soothing tone.
“I don’t know,” Kei said in a slow shaky tone.
“Ok well you stay here and we can leave when I am done,” James said. He shuddered slightly then walked back over to the boy. He saw the wax was bubbling and he turned the burner down to half. He waited for the wax to be cool enough to touch. He dipped his hand it and pulled out a hand full and put it on a large gash. He began to mold it into the shape of the boy’s face. He frequently looked at the picture to check for his accuracy and kept getting more wax. Almost an hour later James stood back and admired how well he had done, makeup and all. He motioned Kei over. Kei looked at the boy and his jaw dropped.

“Wow James, it looks exactly like the picture,” Kei said in a tone of awe.
“That’s good because I am exhausted,” James said slowly and sleepily. Kei offered to dress him and James gladly accepted. After they changed the board, put the boy back in his locker and changed back into their clothes they left careful to lock up the shop behind them. About half way home James started to feel light headed and his legs gave out under him. Kei sighed and thought ‘he is going to owe me one’. Then he bent down and picked up James who was extremely lighter then he has expected. Then he remembered James was still new to being a vampire and couldn’t go as long as he could without blood. Kei carried James all the way to his bed and then tucked him in. Kei then looked outside only to find the sun was rising. Quickly he climbed into bed.

About 12 James’s cell phone rang and woke him up. He checked the screen and it was Dante calling.

“Hey, beautiful what’s up?” James asked Dante smiling.
“Not much Jamesy. Just calling to tell you the dance is from sundown to midnight tomorrow,” Dante said.
“Oh thanks sweet heart. But I am not so sure that’s the only reason you called.”
“What makes you say that Jamesy, why don’t you believe me?” Dante asked in a flirty voice.
“The fact you have been calling me by my pet name this whole time.”
“Ok you caught me I wanted to hear your voice again,” Dante, said feeling defeated.
“I missed the sound of your voice too. But even more I missed you.”
“You have always been a charmer. But I’m sorry I have to go we are setting everything up right now.”
“Awww see you later then beautiful,” said James in a slightly disappointed voice.
“Bye Jamesy see you tonight,” Dante said. The James hung up the phone and rolled over. He was about to fall asleep when he remembered he wouldn’t be going to work that night. He phoned his boss and explained that he and Kei couldn’t come in because they had eaten some bad food and had the stomach flu. Then he rolled over and set his alarm to wake him up at sun down then fell back asleep.

What seemed like minutes but was hours later James woke up to his alarm and quickly turned it off. He looked out side and saw the sun was just setting but it didn’t matter because of the thick cloud cover. He stepped outside and hurried to a clothing shop and picked up the two tuxedos Dante had waiting for him and Kei. He hurried back to his apartment and woke up Kei.

“Kei come on wake up we are going to be late,” James said urgently. Kei slowly woke up and checked his clock.
“James what are you talking about we have hours before we go to work.”
“We’re not going to work today I already cleared it with the boss. Here you’re wearing this,” James said as he passed him one of the tuxedos. Then he left and went into his room and changed into the tuxedo that was in the bag with his name on it. He heard a knocking on his door.

“James why did you give me a tuxedo missing a piece and it has several holes in it?” Kei questioned. James just finished putting his tuxedo on and noticed it was missing a part and rips in it. Then he remembered the sign on the shop that said that was the latest fashion.

”Kei its not missing a piece and its supposed to have holes in it. It’s the latest fashion or something,” said James as he walked out of his room. He was James was wearing the white version of his black tuxedo. They left the apartment Kei questioning him the whole time. Soon enough they got to the Town Ball Room. The windows were covered with decorations and a random poster advertising the dance tonight. James led Kei inside and they wandered around. Soon Dante wandered over. Dante was a few inches shorter the James, she was thin and had light purple hair that got darker the further away from the roots it was. She was wearing a light purple dress and matching heels. James noticed all the girls were wearing the same thing in different colors and all the guys were wearing the same thing as Kei and him in black, white and gray.

“Hey Dante darling, this is Kei my roommate and long lost child hood friend. Kei this is Dante, my girlfriend and dance designer extraordinaire,” James said as a way introduce the two. Kei got a strange look on his face he couldn’t tell what it meant and Dante just smiled.

“Jamesy why didn’t you bother to tell me how good looking your friend was,” Dante said in a sly tone. James just smiled and shrugged. Kei grabbed James’s arm and pulled him aside.

“James why the hell didn’t you tell me you had a girlfriend,” Kei whispered angrily.
“Sorry Kei I didn’t think you would mind,” James whispered apologetically. Kei shook his head and walked off thinking ‘I didn’t think I would mind either.’

James walked back over to Dante and shrugged as a way to show he didn’t know what that was about. They talked all night soon it was eleven o’ clock and James still hadn’t seen or heard anything of Kei. James knew it was because of Dante he had left. With only an hour last to go at the dance, James walked over to Dante.

“Hey, Sweet Heart lets go back to my apartment,” James said. Dante nodded her head and gave him an all-knowing smile. James smiled back knowing that would be one of the last times she ever gave anyone that look, or any look for that matter. He told her to close her eyes so it would be a surprise. Dante obeyed obediently and closed her eyes. James took her warm hand and led her to his work. He opened the door and led her through. Then he led her down stairs to the autopsy/ makeup room. He picked her up and laid her on a gurney. Dante opened her eyes and they widened and she let out a gasp. James bent over her and bit into her neck and she let out a scream. James put his hand over her mouth to silence her. Soon she stopped struggling and James filled two bottles with her blood. He then drank the rest of her warm life giving blood. Then he picked her up and carried her to the crematorium. He put her body in the cremator and turned it on. He left a note taped to the machine saying the ashes were to be spread in the mountains along with the rest of the unclaimed ashes. He then grabbed the two bottle of blood and put them in a paper bag and took them home and put them in the fridge. He then set out to look for Kei. He couldn’t find Kei anywhere and he was forced to go when the sun came up. He went to bed wondering about Kei. When he woke up he noticed how empty the apartment seemed without Kei. He left at nine-thirty for work and arrived almost exactly at ten. He let himself in and locked the door behind him. When he got downstairs Kei was just finishing up. James quickly checked the locker board and saw there was nothing for him to do today. He rushed back into the other room and grabbed Kei.

“Come on Kei we’re going home, we need to talk,” James said forcefully. Kei shook his head but he was too weak to resist. James grabbed Kei’s arm and drug him home. Once home James forced Kei to sit down on the couch. James grabbed one of the bottles of blood out of his fridge and handed it to Kei. Kei eyes it momentarily then downed it. When there was only a tiny bit left at the bottom of the bottle Kei set it down on the table.

“Thanks James, where did you get that blood?” Kei asked.
“That’s what we need to talk about. I am sorry about not telling you about Dante. Last night after you left and didn’t show up again I decided it was because of Dante you left. I also decided I rather have my best friend around then Dante, so I killed her. That is her blood and I cremated her at the morgue,” James said as he wondered what Kei would make of it. Kei watched trying to keep his face blank and wondering how he should react. He was angry James didn’t tell him about Dante but at the same time he was glad James had killed Dante for him and thought to save the blood because he knew he was well.

“James, I don’t know what to say,” Kei said.
“You don’t have to say anything.”
“I owe you one.” James just shrugged at Kei’s words, he would probably never act apon what he was owed.

Weeks passed and September turned into late October. Nothing eventful happened. Blood was stolen from the bodies that were going to be cremated. But neither Kei nor James drank the other bottle of Dante’s blood.

Only five days away from Halloween, James received two things of interest day in the mail. One was a missing persons paper and Dante was looking up at him. He smiled knowing they would never find her, not now. The other was a paper looking for two volunteer tour guides to work the late shift of a haunted house. The whole festival was to raise funds for cancer prevention among other things. James and Kei wrote back saying they would take that job. They were told to show up at eleven and they would be working until five in the morning. They were also told to come the night before so they could get the feel of the place and know the route they were taking.

One the specified night they showed up and were given the tour of the haunted house and did a run through. They were also given their costumes, which consisted of; a multi-color trench coat, socks and belt and green shorts with orange spots on them. They took their costumes home. The next day after work they showed up at the haunted house to relieve the other two workers of their jobs. Kei took the first group of people through and James waited ten minutes so he knew Kei’s would be half way through then he collected the money of the customers and then he led the way through the doors. The first room was spiked walls covered in blood that slowly started to close in and the strobe light gave the room a look like everything was moving at an irregular pace. The next room was full of screaming people being tortured. The next was an insane asylum where a woman ran into the room and begged you not to leave and screamed as the nurse took her away. After that room was a butchers shop full of human body parts and the butcher popped out at people and swung and ax madly. There were many rooms after and James was glad when they reached the last room. He left them alone in the last room where the walls were painted black and white and a strobe light was rapidly flashing. The door was hidden and there were many horrifying things to scare unsuspecting customers, including a clown playing soccer with a severed human head and a man hanging from the ceiling.

When the night was finally over Kei and James were exhausted and were relieved to shut down the haunted house. As they were walking away a snotty kid walked up to them.

“Hey you two are wearing rainbow colors, rainbow colors are for gay people. Are you two gay or something, because gay people should all be shot,” said the snotty kid in a rude tone. Kei and James looked at one another and realized they were wearing rainbow. James gave Kei a look and Kei nodded. Kei walked over to James and put his arm around James’s waist.

“As a matter of fact we are,” Kei and James said in unison. The kid didn’t look convinced and Kei wanting to truly mess with the kid leaned over and kissed James. James eyes widened but then softened and he kissed Kei back. They heard the kid gasp then run off. They broke apart and Kei had a strange look in his eyes.

A sly smile spread across Kei’s face. James eyes widened and he turned and ran. ‘No, no, no I shouldn’t have enjoyed that. That was bad. Or was it? What was Kei thinking he took that too far,’ thought James as he ran. Kei was puzzled as to why James had run away, had he not enjoyed that as much as he had? James got home and went into his room and sunk into his sofa. James reached for the remote and he switched on the music. He turned the music up loud enough so the windows were shaking. It was at this point he was glad he had a sound proof room. James vaguely wondered what Kei was doing but then he told himself he didn’t care and he tuned out his thoughts and tuned in the music.

Nearly and hour later Kei found himself outside oh their apartment. He debated with himself weather he should go inside or not. Finally decided to go in, it was after all his apartment too. He walked in and found James asleep on the couch. He slid his arms under James and lifted him. Kei effortlessly carried him to the door. He fumbled with the door know and nearly dropped James. James woke up and put his arms around Kei’s neck. Then James pulled Kei’s head closer to his own head. Kei’s eyes grew wide and Kei bent down the rest of the way and kissed James. It was James’s turn to be shocked, he was planning on whispering something to Kei but now he was at a loss for words, and it didn’t really matter anymore. The kiss relaxed then deepened. Then it was Kei, not James, to pull back. James’s eyes were glittering and Kei smiled.

“Forgiven?” Kei asked nervously.
“Times twenty,” James replied lovingly.
“Thank god.”
“You can call me James”
“Ok, thank James”
“Love me?” James asked in a split second decision.
“Times twenty,” Kei replied sweetly. Kei finished carrying James into his room and lid James on the bed. James reached up and pulled Kei onto the bed.

“Hold on,” Kei said as he stood up once more and left the room. James vaguely wondered what Kei was up to surely it wasn’t birth control. Kei came back into the room holding two wine glasses full of a dark crimson liquid. From it’s scent James could tell it was blood. By this time the sun was rising. Kei opened the blinds and pushed the window open. Then he walked over to James and handed him one of the glasses. James took the glass and scooted over on the bed. He didn’t know what Kei was up to or why they couldn’t be out in the sunlight. All he knew was he loved and trusted Kei. Kei sat down on the bed next to James. They linked arms and drank the blood, much as a bride and groom do at their wedding. Soon the sunrays filled the room. It was only when James felt the sunrays burning him he understood what was going on.

About mid-day the police finally had a lead on Dante’s disappearance. They knocked on an apartment door then when there was no answer they knocked the door down. They wandered through the apartment looking for evidence. They finally made it to the bedroom. When they opened the door a breeze stirred and some ashes blew and swirled then finally flew out the window. They went over to the bed and found two broken wine glasses, with traces of Dante’s blood on them.
Um.
Tragedy?
xD
If that genre is allowed I might enter? xD

Scratch that.
I like making readers cry instead x]
But sadly I can't enter tragedy...
What a shame ><

Scratch that too stare
I MIGHT enter...
But...Can it have SOME sad parts? x]
great, yeah sad parts are fine
x]
I'll be quick~
-cuddles-
Now, that is for no reason at all. xD
hey y'all, I will be checking on and off today whilst I am packing and stuff, I checked on my new place today actualy and there is a cracked window in the loungeroom that I will have to tell the agent about, dang
Hi everyone. I just wanted to post this post as it will be the last time I am on GAIAONLINE for awhile. I will have no internet access unless I brave going to an internet cafe or a library but even then it will be a couple of weeks as I have to move out with my partner and get everything organized. I have no phone line so it means I cannot even use dialup but I will get one installed when I save up enough to get it done. I just wanted to thank everyone of you who made being on GAIAONLINE so worthwhile, I have alot of people and friends who are all good value and I appreciate everyone of them. So thats it from me, until I see you again, I bid farewell. The contest will still run, people are just going to have to be patient and wait awhile is all. My friend Mahayr is going to look after the thread so please pm all entries to her and please trade all gold to her stating that its for the contest, thank you very much

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Feline has left this in my hands, so please keep the entries coming!

Send trades to me, and I will be keeping her informed.

Merci!
Quote:
Lovestruck
By Ecliptic Storm (Lil SC)
Word count: 568

Sighing, I leaned back, trying to relax. I rocked back and forth on the old, family swing under the maple tree. My short, sandy, brown locks of hair swayed back and forth, as I rocked on the swing.

“Will I ever live another day until I see him again?” I murmured, to myself. It was a crisp, autumn day, perfect for rollerblading in the park with my friends, or even going to the downtown movie theatre in the city. But somehow, today just wasn’t the day. It was a lazy, Saturday morning.

As usual, there was nothing to do. Until, all of a sudden something landed on my shoulder with a soft thump. I could have died, just then if I hadn’t seen those innocent, blue, eyes looking up at me from my shoulder. It was only my little, white, kitten. Angel.

“This isn’t funny! I could have died…Angel.”
She began licking herself, and after a moment gave a soft mew. I smiled, and she held up an envelope. I gasped, for on that very letter written in elegantly-formed, black, letters was my name!

Miss Gracie Ballentyne
6 Sierra Avenue
Stone Hedge
Akaroa

I tore open the letter eagerly, wondering who had sent it. Angel couldn’t care the less, and she made a majestic, leap of my shoulder and ambled back towards the house.

The minute, I broke the seal on the envelope, a shower of clipped blush pink, paper; hearts fell on to my lap. Somehow, I couldn’t help but smile. I knew that whoever went through all this trouble would never be forgotten by me. Ever.

Along, with the collection of paper, hearts I was sure, there was something else. So, I reached my hand into the envelope and pulled out a folded, piece of paper.

I studied it for a few minutes, noticing how neatly, the paper was folded before I had the nerve, to open it.
There it was, the same neat, black letters written across the paper.

Gracie,

Just wanted to tell you…
For the last few days I couldn’t help but notice you. I’ve always admired your common sense, and your tawny coloured hair, the way your mist-coloured eyes would shimmer like a million stars.

Meet me,

At twilight, under the stars at the Sonata Italian Bistro at 6pm for a candlelight dinner, Belgian chocolates, a glass of champagne, and a dance under the stars. Just wanted to tell you that I love you…Gracie.

Yours truly,
With love,
And sealed with a kiss,

Your Secret Admirer xoxo Franz

Breathlessly, I folded the paper away and slipped it back into its envelope. I couldn’t wait…a romantic, dinner date out was definitely wonderful…What would Grandma say? I thought, as I sauntered back towards the house, hips swinging from side to side underneath my wine-coloured, frilly, skirt. Surely she would say yes? That magical word…

I couldn’t wait, until Monday what would my best friend Hillarie say? I could just picture her high-pitched, giggle and her famous, overused phrase,

“Wow! Oh my gosh…are you like serious?”

I knew secretly in my heart…that I had found love, or rather love had found me. Nothing could ruin the happiness that love had unleashed, I didn’t care if it started to rain or if I wasn’t perfect, because nothing else mattered more to me than the sweetness and magic of that very moment. I, Gracie had found love…

xd

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
AUGH SHE IS GOING TO KILL ME!!!

Please send me your trades, you scallywags! SHE said so... at least to yours truly!

Otherwise... keep 'em comin! She will be back with bells on. Soon.
Hey guys, I am back online, moving is completed and as luck would have it I had a phone line already installed so it meant only a week or so without internet. How great is that? I look forward to catching up with you guys again soon when we are all on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff