Welcome to Gaia! ::

XD No I wasn't, I must have accidently messed up last time I edited it.
Thanks days again. XD
Holdið er hlaðið orku
hafið yfir þína sýn.

Haha.
It's okay.

And thanks for the donation!
heart

Drjúpa af dimmum veggjum
dreyri, vessar og vín.
All fixed now. ^^
It's not a problem, I hope you can get those items for your birthday.
Username: Verrex
Would you like your ratings to be PMed after the end of the contest? Yes
Word Count: 3636
Song(s) Used: Vienna Teng - Gravity
Title: Transitory
Story: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/writing-contests/the-queen-s-contest-is-closed/t.38920157_104/
Erm. The link doesn't seem to be exactly working for me, so...just scroll down until you hit a long entry about two-thirds down the page.

Prompt: This was written for a previous contest, but the lyrics of "Gravity" really seem to fit the story, especially the lines:

but don't you believe them
don't you drink their poison too
these are the scars that words have carved
on me

these are the scars that silence carved
on me

this is the fate you've carved on me

Essentially, it's a loose timeline of an ill-fated prince's childhood, up until he becomes king.
Verrex
Username: Verrex
Word Count: 3636
Song(s) Used: Vienna Teng - Gravity
Title: Transitory
Story: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/writing-contests/the-queen-s-contest-is-closed/t.38920157_104/
Erm. The link doesn't seem to be exactly working for me, so...just scroll down until you hit a long entry about two-thirds down the page.

Prompt: This was written for a previous contest, but the lyrics of "Gravity" really seem to fit the story, especially the lines:

but don't you believe them
don't you drink their poison too
these are the scars that words have carved
on me

these are the scars that silence carved
on me

this is the fate you've carved on me

Essentially, it's a loose timeline of an ill-fated prince's childhood, up until he becomes king.

Thank you.

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
I don't really have anything to say. Just thought I should stop in and give a hello. I've been neglecting threads what with SuWriMos and all. XP
It's alright Flea, I completely understand. ^^
I have a question.. whee
User Image

^_^ I'd like to enter two stories, one I did for a christmas contest and one I'll write this week. I'm gathering the information for the first one right now =D

That's fine Lucifer, however I though you should know you only need to send me 500g for the second story. The first entry is free to submit. Please cancel your trade and send 500g, I don't want to cheat you from anything.

Exotic: Yes?

I hope I did this right for the first one.

Username: Lucifer Cross - Angel
Word Count: 1,270
Song(s) Used: "Selfish" by NSync
Title: N/A
Story:

As the sun rose in the horizon, a girl stands in a long white gown amidst the ocean waves. Long brown hair freely waves in the breeze while the rest of the girl’s body fell limp. Dreaming of flying in the wind, she closes her soft gray eyes. Slowly, she looks down to the scars on her wrist with a weak smile. “Happy New Year.”

“Happy New Year. What an odd place to be alone talking to yourself.” A young man stands on the beach watching the girl’s dress and hair flow in the wind. Rubbing back his short brown hair with one hand, he gives her a playful grin. His emerald green eyes shift shyly to examine the sand at his feet. “You probably do not remember most of this year. I met you at your boyfriend’s party before all of this happened.” Fumbling with his nervousness, he looks back up to her. “Just because he still killed himself does not mean you have to follow. You are so full of life. You have a personality that could light up a dark room. Please let me be the one that stays by your side till you are over this.”

~*~

The young man, Nick, had known the girl for a few years through his best friend. She had fallen in love with a suicidal man for yet another tragic love story. He knew that when she was happy all he wanted was to be near her radiant smile. Christmas morning she had found her boyfriend of three years gone. From the beginning Nick wanted to protect her smile, but afraid to move in after the death to try comforting her. After hearing she tried the same mistake his best friend made, he vowed to make her smile again. A year he dealt with her crying anytime she was awake or her manic mood swing to hate the world. All Nick had for one full year was a burden that he could not shake off his mind. A part of him wanted to go to the world of the dead to punch his friend, while the other wanted to take the broken girl in front of him into an embrace. The year seemed like a horrible blur, then Christmas Day came back to push all of his hard work on the girl over.

~*~

“Angel?” Nick walks into a small apartment with a bouquet of roses. Seeing the small girl in a rocking chair, he gave a small sigh of relief. Moving over, he kneels in front of her smiling to try to cheer her up. “How are you feeling today?” He lays the roses in her lap and watches her slowly pick them up.

“I’m fine. I don’t like my new medicine. It tastes horrible.” Almost emotionlessly Angel brought the roses to her nose and took a deep breath. Sighing lightly she put on a smile for him. “They are beautiful. Nick how was your day?”

He kisses her forehead while slowly rising. “It was slow. I just wanted to come home and be with you.” Removing his coat and gloves, he begins to put his winter wear away. “The snow looks wonderful. Have you gone to the window today?”

“He loved to play in the snow with me.” She broke off into a murmuring rant. Even after a year, her mind was plagued with thoughts of her late love. Her heart began racing so she leans forward and clutches her chest.

Seeing her have another anxiety attack, Nick rushes to her side and pulls her into his arms. “Sh. It is okay. I am here now.” He rocks her lightly trying to calm her down. Feeling her tears already starting to soak his shoulder, he could not help but shed a tear too. “Please don’t cry anymore Angel.”

Pushing Nick away abruptly, she moves further back into her chair. “Don’t touch me! You’re not him. It is not okay!” When he grabs her hand, she slaps him with her other one. “Let me go!”

Nick pulls Angel tight against him trying to fight back his tears. “I just don’t understand why you are running from a good man; why you want to turn your back on love! Why you’ve given up! I know you are hurt, but I swear I’ll never let you down. You are all I can think about and I can’t help myself! I think about you constantly that my heart gets no rest. You can call me selfish but all I want it your love. Call me hopeless! Call me imperfect! You won’t find anyone perfect!.” Holding her shoulders, he pushes her back gently to stare into her eyes. “Tell me what I have to do to prove that I’m the only one for you? I’ve taken all you time waiting for you to realize that for you there could be no one else. I just have to have to for myself. Let me take care of you no matter what it is you’re going through. I’ll be there for you when you’re in need. Please, believe me. If my love is a crime then punish me! I would die for you! I don’t want to live without your smile. “When she pulls away from him to retreat into the kitchen, he follows right behind pleading to her. “Why do you keep us apart! Why won’t you give up your heart? You know that we’re meant to be. Why do you keep pushing me away? All I want is to love you forever.”

Breaking away from him again, she runs out the kitchen door into the snow. “Don’t fix me! I’m not broken! “She falls to her knees hugging herself crying. “I love you! You’ve done nothing but be with me for a year! Why are you so persistent? Just let me go! You can move on and let me rot in my memories. “

Nick moves behind her to cover them both in a blanket. “I can’t do that because I love you more then my own life.” He gently takes her hands and moves them to the snow. “You’re smile. It taunts me when I know you are just trying to fake it. All I want for Christmas is for you to just realize I am yours. Do you want me to send letters to Santa begging? I’ll do it.” Moving her hands with his, he makes a snowball in her slender hands. He whispers into her ear sweet words of love while she finally calms down. “I’ll do this every day for the rest of my life, just for this brief moment of you truly happy.”

Turning her head weakly to him, she gave a genuine smile. Looking down to her hands, she gasps at him putting her hands into the snowball. “Nick?” When she pulls her freezing hands back, she pauses to look at a silver band on her finger.

“I love you. Santa wrote back and told me I was a very good boy. I’ll repeat this hellish cycle everyday for you.” He kisses her cheek before getting up and helping her to her feet. “Now, for us, Christmas is a time of tears and a time of joy.”

As they walk back into their small house, both knew in the morning she would wake up frantic and depressed. Christmas Day they spent in each other’s arms by the fireplace. Nick put all his love and promises into the small band he gave Angel. Santa’s gift to the both of them was a love a pure as the snow.

Prompt: After a suicide a girl gets trapped in depression. A close friend tries to help her in the time of need, while trying to show his true feelings at the same time. A Christmas story based on true events.
Mmm.

sounds like fun (;
Since you wanted reservations, I might as well 'claim' a spot.
I'll definitely try my best to enter, but no guarantees right now. sweatdrop
Can it be any type of story? Like a stupid one?
Lucifer: Looks good to me.

Juliaified: Sure thing.

Exotic: Sure! I love nonsense stories!

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Hah. I totally forgot there had been an extension. I was thinking, "I wonder how judging is going." and then I came back to the thread and remembered. XD

*This has also been a subtle bump* ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces