Welcome to Gaia! ::

I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut...
My weakness is that I care too much...

*raise eyebrows* Why would one try to reduce the amount of procrastination if the writers will get the story done anyway? @_@ I'm sorry, but I just can't get my head around it. xD It's not as if procrastination reduces the quality of work - it's the amount of effort and time a person puts in that makes a difference.

And our scars remind us that the past is real...
I tear my heart open just to feel...
except if they say they have no problem extending the dead line then people will procrastinate. Deadlines are chosen for a reason and saying u will have no problem extending the deadline defeats the purpose of a deadline. you create them so people get thier project in on time so saying its due at this itme but ill give u longer defeats the deadline. the best thing is to wait till right near the end and then ask. This helps ensure most people get it in on time because they want to enter so they will try to get it done..... .this allows the people who are having trouble to get more time they need unlike the people who wait till last minute to write....... they dont deserve an extension.
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut...
My weakness is that I care too much...

Fair enough.

I see your point, though I'm sure that if Angel decides to do an extension, she'll do it for her own reasons and I think the reason why a deadline is set in the first place is pretty obvious. When it comes to extending deadlines, the judge will have to think of the pros and cons in doing so. If it increases the potential of having more competitions between the writers, then it'll definitely be recommended, regardless to the fact on whether someone waits until the last minute to write or not.

And our scars remind us that the past is real...
I tear my heart open just to feel...
I just wanted to double-check on what the minimum number of words you want is ... I mean, I've got about 1700 and halfway done, if that, so I should get a pretty good amount of words, but ... still. Just so I know what to work for.

.. The only reason I have about 1700 words, though, if because today I told myself that I couldn't go on the Internet, unless I needed to, until I got at least 2000 words. I started at 1100/1200, so that's pretty good, but it's not nearly as good as I wanted ... But I had to eat supper, so I couldn't write more. And that's still pretty good for about an hour, a bit less, of writing with me spending about ten minutes looking something up on Wikipedia, right? x.x;

I should have a lot more than 2000 words by this point, but I'm a bit of a procrastinator, so ... x.x; I'm trying to break the habit, but unfortunately I'm also lazy. It doesn't work out too well.
Username: XxAiDarknessxX
Would you like your ratings to be PMed after the end of the contest? Yes
Word Count: 3,148
Song(s) Used: Call Me When You're Sober - Evanescence, My Last Breath - Evanescence, Prelude 12/21 - AFI, & I'm So Sick - Flyleaf
Title: Amour In Vain
Story:
http://www.quizilla.com/stories/7185870/amour-in-vain

Prompt: Back than, apparently, getting more than one wife would be ok, especially on some part of religions. Usually there be at least 3 or more different wives, each did a part of the job. From chores to babymaking to personal needs, it went on for some time. I decided to add a twist, make a girl that was never thinking of being a prince wife, ended up as one. The love came quick from desperation, there is no rush upon the love, this is back then. After the wedding, he disappears. But when he returns, he is with a second wife (Isabella) and with the first in depth of love and need for Ronald to be there with her (Elena) she decides it is either her or nothing at all. If Ronald wished to be a jerk and get another wife, using his first one for needs, she be smart enough to make him turn his tables around. Us women have the ability to be persuasive and can track mens minds easily
Kyoko the Wolf Tamer
I just wanted to double-check on what the minimum number of words you want is ... I mean, I've got about 1700 and halfway done, if that, so I should get a pretty good amount of words, but ... still. Just so I know what to work for.

.. The only reason I have about 1700 words, though, if because today I told myself that I couldn't go on the Internet, unless I needed to, until I got at least 2000 words. I started at 1100/1200, so that's pretty good, but it's not nearly as good as I wanted ... But I had to eat supper, so I couldn't write more. And that's still pretty good for about an hour, a bit less, of writing with me spending about ten minutes looking something up on Wikipedia, right? x.x;

I should have a lot more than 2000 words by this point, but I'm a bit of a procrastinator, so ... x.x; I'm trying to break the habit, but unfortunately I'm also lazy. It doesn't work out too well.

If you go to the front page (page 1) and read the information, you have till June 9th and the number of words should be 3,000+. Good luuuuck!~

5,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
You've never been so divine
In accepting your defeat

And I've never been more scared to be alone...

Ai: One of the characters from my novel has the theme song "Prelude 12/21". Well...she did. I later changed it to "Rose Red" by Emilie Autumn. -/random-

...if love is not enough to put my enemies to sleep,

Then I'm putting out the lantern
Find your own way back home
Did you suffer at the end?
Would there be no-one to remember?

Can we enter a story now as a placeholder and switch it if we write something better?
If yes, then the following will be my placeholder.
If no, tell me and I'll remove it.

Username: [ .days. ]
Would you like your ratings to be PMed after the end of the contest? Yes
Word Count: 4,100-something
Song(s) Used: "Michelangelo" by Emmylou Harris (definitely not my normal genre...) (lyrics), "1,000 Oceans" by Tokio Hotel (lyrics), and "Through the Monsoon" by Tokio Hotel (lyrics)
Title: Everything Left Unsaid
Story: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2517200/1/Everything_Left_Unsaid

Prompt: From FictionPress: "You're back. You've finally come home to me, my Michelangelo. One year has passed. A year! But you've returned now. What could possibly go wrong?"
I wrote this for English class, when we had to do a thing called "Instant Ancestors." We had to pick a picture from the 1800s-early 1900s that the teacher had, and write a story about the person/people in it. Mine had three young boys in it, who I aged into Scott, Michel, and Jim. And I totally owned second person here, I think. More than the last time I wrote in second person, at least.

Did you banish all the old ghosts
At the terms of your surrender?
Thank you DarknessxX for explaining that. I'm afraid I've caught the bug so I may be a little late on adding new people and such, so please be patient. I'm only human. ^^

DarknessxX: Thanks for the link I'll read it as soon as possible.
[.days.]: I don't see why not, good luck if your still writing. ^^
Did you suffer at the end?
Would there be no-one to remember?

Happy late first Gaianniversary!

I completely missed my third...It was March 18th, and I didn't remember it until I climbed out of the shower a week later.
(Lovely image, je sais.)

Did you banish all the old ghosts
At the terms of your surrender?
... Mine entry's turning out a bit different than I expected ... I've got about 2800 words but I don't really know how it's going to end. It might not really even have an ending; it'll probably end up being a bit of an open-ending thing.

At any rate, once I finish it as well as I can, I'm going to put it up on my rotting, half-abandoned fictionpress account ... Which is one of the main reasons why I joined this writing contest in the first place, along with the fact that this seemed interesting; I made a fictionpress account for my writing, but it's just been rotting with nothing on it for ... I don't even know how long. x.x;
User Image
'Cause I'm always where I need to be,
And I always thought I'd end up with you...

Oohla.
I like this.

-subscribes-

...eventually.
[.days.]- Thankyou, and Happy Late Gaiaversary. ^^
Itazu- I'll add you to the list.
... Oh god. I manage to stick with a song for ... what, two, three weeks? But then, all of a sudden, my mind just has to go and think 'wait, this song might work too ...'

But I doubt I'll use said second song. I mean, I already deleted about 1000 words on Tuesday because it would make more sense if it was written differently ... I mean, looking at the lyrics of the song that I'm using, which I'm still gonna use by the way, the way my story was originally set up ... Well, it's just easier to do it this other way, plus it'll make more sense. At any rate, I'm back up to about 2200 words, and I'm going to put it up as soon as I can. x.x;

Human Human

Wow... I haven't checked out any writing contests in a long time... It's nice to see familiar faces here though. Hello everyone!

I'd like to reserve a spot!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces