Welcome to Gaia! ::

Congrats everyone on another fantastic NaNoWriMo! Win or lose, you all rocked it. Final question:

I was active in the thread! 0.26666666666667 26.7% [ 16 ]
I was active in the thread...sometimes 0.4 40.0% [ 24 ]
I exclusively lurked the thread (extra love to the lurkers) 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 60 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 1379 1380 1381 > >> >>> »|

AurinJade's Wife

hayyyy prince. it's going good. i'm actually writing. IT'S SO WEIRD. yourself?

Shadowy Senshi

Evening thread! I need to write a 3 page thing for my writers group by next Monday and only have 1/2 evenings to do it in, gotta buckle down and flesh out this idea.

What would you expect to find in the belly of a whale? (ex: Siren, ship remains, mermaids, ghost etc.)

Hey Prince! It's already feeling cozy in here whee

I'm doing okay, a bit stressed about work and sad that my friends left yesterday so trying to drown feelings in writing, wine, and dinner. How are you doing?

Versatile Raider

9,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
Morsuaile
Evening thread! I need to write a 3 page thing for my writers group by next Monday and only have 1/2 evenings to do it in, gotta buckle down and flesh out this idea.

What would you expect to find in the belly of a whale? (ex: Siren, ship remains, mermaids, ghost etc.)

Hey Prince! It's already feeling cozy in here whee

I'm doing okay, a bit stressed about work and sad that my friends left yesterday so trying to drown feelings in writing, wine, and dinner. How are you doing?
I think I'd expect to find bones. :0 Fish bones, and lots of weird rocks and wreckage. And, lots of gross sticky stuff.
Maybe a skeleton tending bar? =D Or, a glowing green lady who looks pretty from far away, but is all fangs and claws close up?

Shadowy Senshi

@Pickle - Ooh, a skeleton tending a bar could be something really fun to play with! I think I'll make the siren glow and be scary on closer inspection. That way the MC will know their fate when they chose to follow the music 3nodding

Thanks for the ideas!

I still need more to play around with if anyone else has ideas as well!
muffy;; i freakin' approve of you actually writing. what are you working on? cornerstone? something else?

morse;; hopefully drowning out your feelings with writing works. i'm always here if you need to talk as well!

in the belly of a whale. hmm... perhaps an underwater band? mermaids for sure? oh, oh, what if the whale is some sort of tour guide and one could find a bunch of folks that can't breathe underwater in the belly as a transport system?

--as for myself, i'm doing pretty good. just got back from a weekend at my sisters. it was kind of relaxing but no writing. i'm trying to sort out this week because i usually have seven days to do classwork but this week i've only got until thursday because i'm going out of town (again) and don't want to be bogged down with it while visiting friends and the like.

other than that i've been thinking about this years nano a bit.

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

*settles in*

Research time. emotion_dealwithit

Versatile Raider

9,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
This may be sort of a weird question, but are you all working on tradition original work? By traditional, I mean like a standalone novel or sequel novel?

I haven't actually decided what I'm going to do yet, but I've been considering doing fanfiction or a CYOA story instead, since I've not had luck w/ completing NaNoWriMo the last two times I've tried. ; - :

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Pickle - Can I call you Pickle? Pickled? Anyway, every NaNo I come up with my own original novel. I've never done a sequel, although I have done one that took place in the same universe as another novel of mine. However, I know plenty of people who have done/do fanfiction (I'm not familiar with the acronym CYOA so you'll have to forgive me on that one).

Do what works for you. Also, people in this thread tend to have more success in NaNo, even those who didn't make the 50k in years past. We keep each other on track, root each other on, and help overcome the hurdles as they come. You're in a good place if you stick around! 3nodding
jade;; what are you researching?
pickle;; welcome aboard! i haven't decided though it will likely be original as i don't tend to write fanfiction and am not sure what CYOA stands for. i've contemplated writing all 50k in a poetry format this year that has a the same general theme and is sort of an origin story but haven't fully decided.

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Smuts - Biblical apocalypse stuff. I'm contemplating doing a zombie apocalypse with End of Times overtones, but I need to read up on more before I decide whether I can make an entertaining mesh.

Shadowy Senshi

@Prince - Ehhe, tour guide. Also a fun idea that is sparking some activity in my rusty brain whee

Sounds like you're awfully busy, traveling around! While it can be time consuming and tiring it's definitely good for the soul! I'm also traveling this weekend, flying home for Canadian Thanksgiving.

How far along have you gotten in NaNo thoughts? Got some ideas floating around?

@Pickle - Original stand alone. I recently tried doing a short fanfic piece and I just find it so difficult to capture the voice of a character who already exist and has a huge about of information about them already. I found it very confiding, so props to everyone who's able to pull it off!
jade;; i'd say that sounds fun, but alas i cannot say that it would be like most research. i will say that i hope it sparks some ideas for you though. c:
morse;; mhmm, that i am. i'll also be out of town next weekend too. my sister (who also does nano) keeps trying to get me to go back to her place for the last weekend in october but it'd be for a halloween party bash with some of her friends (that i'll have to meet eventually in less than a year) and not a nano kick off. i'm stuck a bit on that because i want to go but at the same time i want to kick off nano right this year since i kind of failed it up bad last year. haha.

not much. i mean, i've had several ideas but i'm currently stuck on potentially using my wish granting parasites. since they work easily in two vastly different settings (both of which i think would be fun to write) i haven't made any further decisions though.

how about yourself? any ideas for nano?

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Smuts - I'm just starting with some wiki searches. So far I've come across a few things that might be fun.

Versatile Raider

9,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
Thanks for the feedback! =D
And, sorry for the confusion! CYOA stands for Choose Your Own Adventure. I think those are fun and for some reason, even though I'm usually not very prolific, I can churn out redonk amounts of words for those kinds of things. I guess because they're just endless variations on a single premise.

I'll continue to think about it. It's tempting to do a fanficiton, because that's most of what I do in my free time. If I have success writing a 50k fanfiction in a month, maybe I'll develop the confidence to write a full length novel! Huzzah!

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Pickle - Ooooh! I used to love Choose Your Own Adventure books! They're so kick a**. Kudos to you for being able to write them!

Can I ask what fanfiction fandoms are you're contemplating?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff