Coronavirus brought it back...

Poll Pimps = TEH SEX 0.31914893617021 31.9% [ 30 ]
GGW XI Playoffs 0.085106382978723 8.5% [ 8 ]
Due AUGUST 15 0.12765957446809 12.8% [ 12 ]
PROMPT ROUND 0.17021276595745 17.0% [ 16 ]
Woot panda! 0.29787234042553 29.8% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 94 ]

Dangerous Enabler

Yeah, that's not normal practice. We try to run all editorial changes past writers, and almost never change poetry at all. I'd email editorial: not angrily, not accusationally, just asking hey, what's up with these two lines, you'd prefer if they were taken down.

Also, published =/= featured, which is why they use the published terminology. Theory Train, for example, features a poem and a short story every issue: we choose one and spotlight it. We publish several of each.
2#: I grab 'em on the last day, so I'll get the edits.

Solar: What the flying ******** is that s**t?

PK: We must kill them! Also, Theory Train is dope.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
phantomkitsune
Yeah, that's not normal practice. We try to run all editorial changes past writers, and almost never change poetry at all. I'd email editorial: not angrily, not accusationally, just asking hey, what's up with these two lines, you'd prefer if they were taken down.

Also, published =/= featured, which is why they use the published terminology. Theory Train, for example, features a poem and a short story every issue: we choose one and spotlight it. We publish several of each.

So it's not normal? neutral That's a little worrying. This is the email I sent them last night:

Quote:

Hello Jenny,

My piece Gravity was published here: http://www.narratoraustralia.com/2012/05/gravity-amber-johnson.html?
Why were the first two lines added under my name? That is not my writing. I understand that you wanted to give the opening more clarity, but you did not discuss it with me before altering my creative work. It's a little disheartening to discover it by accident (since I was not notified that it had been published) and see that the opening was not my own. Could you please take it down and replace it with my original work?

Amber

Oh okay. I had thought that because you always said features rather than publishing that that was what it was called for a magazine. At the end of the year, Narrator collects all of the entries they have published on the website then they put them into a hard copy book. I don't want that version of Gravity getting put into hard copy sad

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Wing McCallister

Solar: What the flying ******** is that s**t?

PK: We must kill them! Also, Theory Train is dope.

Thought you would say something like that

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Well, it's all fixed up now. I'm told it was just an error. Oh well, as long as it is fixed I guess.
The Solarised Night
Well, it's all fixed up now. I'm told it was just an error. Oh well, as long as it is fixed I guess.
i was gonna say "open a can o' whoop-a**" but if it's fixed, there's no need.

@Wing: good to know.
The Solarised Night
lol That doesn't look like 'just an error' to me. lol I think ya caught 'em red-handed.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Wing McCallister
The Solarised Night
lol That doesn't look like 'just an error' to me. lol I think ya caught 'em red-handed.

At least it is fixed xd
Since I'm here: *flaunts borrowed halo*

Dangerous Enabler

Good they cleaned it up.
One more day until things get good. razz
May Monthly is closed!

I am instituting a 7 hour hiatus until GGW VI begins as I wish to have time to bring judgment.

Dangerous Enabler

Lol, 7 hour hiatus.
The hiatus is mother f'n boring.

GGW VI BEGIN!

Dangerous Enabler

Sorry the paper was dry as ********. ><

But yeah, licensing board deemed it acceptable. I swear to god I'll be more entertaining for this round.

. . . which probably isn't hard. XP

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Got my essay done like a -********- boss. So glad that s**t is over!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff