Welcome to Gaia! ::

Will you help keep this thread alive without any reward?

Yes, helping out others is reward enough for me. 0.40330067044868 40.3% [ 782 ]
Yes, but only until my conscience is clear. 0.042805569881382 4.3% [ 83 ]
Yes, but only for one post. 0.13718411552347 13.7% [ 266 ]
No. I only care about myself, give me money. 0.10675605982465 10.7% [ 207 ]
No, wouldn't do anything, even if you paid me. 0.031459515214028 3.1% [ 61 ]
No, but obviously yes since a vote will bump your thread. 0.27849406910779 27.8% [ 540 ]
Total Votes:[ 1939 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 5997 5998 5999 > >> >>> »|

I don't know how many accounts I've seen belonging to people who post alot in the chatterbox that got scammed and hacked because people don't read. Scammers can continue to do their thing because YOU have bad security. This thread is meant to teach you a few things which can prevent your account from being lost because of one mistake.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/info/index.php?mode=safety
I strongly suggest you click the link and spend 2 mins reading something that will SAVE YOUR ACCOUNT.

wahmbulance New Warning! It seems that some people have found exploits in the towns feature of Gaia Online that allows them to gain access to your account OR WORSE through friend requests. Please try to avoid any areas which are heavily populated and be wary of advertisments for plots and friend requests from ANYONE while in towns. It may even be best to avoid towns altogether until this is resolved. wahmbulance
Hacked Towns?
This exploit might also be possible in any games which use a setup similar to towns like Rally, Theaters or that Hills quest area. It is best if you ignore all friends requests outside Gaia's main site until this is fixed no matter where those requests come from.

The purpose of this thread is not to blindly give out money, it is to help people protect their accounts. The more this thread gets bumped, the more people will see it, and learn from it. This is the only form of donating I plan on doing. I don't care if you were hacked, you were the one who gave out your password. I am making this topic for the sole reason of making it harder for these people to TAKE YOUR STUFF.

Staff will NEVER ask for your password.
How to tell who is really staff.
If someone, ANYONE, asks for your password, report them, they are imposters.
No matter how believable they may look, you will not get banned by them. They will also never delete your account, or ban your IP. If they could ban by IP, all these botters and scammers wouldn't be able to keep coming back.

Additionally, you may wish to visit some of the links below in order to better protect yourself.

An anti-scam/hack guide. Provides some basic tips to prevent being a victim:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20762639

An account protection guide, located in the welcome forum.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7090267

A user's journal which has more information than what I have here, as well as screen shots of a few scams. *now in thread form*
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26302801

Lanzer's work Diary, provides an idea as to what is happening around the site:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=58021

Fleep's Journal, provides another idea as to what is happening around the site:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/?u=4108570

A link to the REAL Gaia Battle info. Everyone should probably read this as it may save you from buying inflated weapons in the marketplace/exchange for the wrong reason.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2664149

Link to spybot: This is a program that searches your computer for spyware and other bad stuff. There have been alot of people clicking funny links, or having their account stolen without falling for the usual PM crap. Hopefully this will give you some protection from keyloggers and such. Even still, it'll keep your computer ad-ware free, so that's always a good thing.
http://www.spybot.info/

More links to come (as I find them)

As of Jan 1st 2008 the rolling contest has ended. I can no longer afford to give out money to people for posting, rolling, or anything at this time. There are still some who have not properly claimed their winnings, and will update when they have, but I no longer have enough stored up to keep things going. If I am to give out any more money through this thread, it will be at my own discretion, and will likely be limited to small amounts spread among those who help keep it alive without any promised reward. This thread remained reasonably active for a year, and has helped countless people. I will continue to keep it alive and updated as best I can, but cannot continue to sponsor any sort of game or contest. Thank you for your comments and your support, I am happy that the results of this thread have been as successful as they have, and as many people have shown an interest in helping others as you have. Take care, and stay informed.

Just for fun: Tektek Me
Since some people may want something to do when bumping, I've decided to give people the chance to decide what a future avatar I use will look like. Now just so people don't go crazy and do something I wouldn't be able to do, I'll provide a few ground rules.

First, incase you havn't noticed, I'm using a female avatar with light skin and grey eyes, kinda goes without saying, but don't really want delete my avatar or do anything drastic.

Second, as far as items and budget go, I'm limiting things to a maximum of 100k gold spent. This is for two reasons, first, I'm not made of money, second, working with a budget forces people to be more creative. The 100k is based on rough market value of items at the time of posting and would be divided between anything which I don't already have.

Third, as far as what I already have, I won't go into details, but for the sake of simplicity, everything I am currently wearing can be reused (but not sold or traded for other items).

The avatar should be posted in the thread with image tags, and should be an avatar which you think would fit best with who you think I am. There is no reward planned as this is mostly for fun, but who knows, I may decide to reward people with small amounts of gold for showing real effort and keeping the thread alive.

Link to Dream Avatar Creator (External link)
http://www.tektek.org/dream/http://www.tektek.org/dream/

The rules for rolls before page 5248 will be listed on post #6 along with the winners under those rules.

You will still get paid by Gaia for your posts, so it isn't a complete loss. Once again. thank you for your support. At the very least, give this thread a good rating so that it will be seen by more people.

*note*
This thread may change title or format frequently, it is suggested that you subscribe to this topic so that you can always return.

All gold given away for this has come from my shop, I do not ask for donations of any kind. Simply try to keep this topic active whenever you can and help educate some newcomers.
This topic doesn't work if there aren't people around to keep it popping up on the front page. Please help me keep this going.
User Image
Donated to the cause by Ryo_Moto
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21170451][IMG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f235/teenage_demoness/Gaia Stuff/DontScam.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Help spread the word.
HOW TO ROLL
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE

wahmbulance Users posting in this topic may gain unwanted attention from scammers. wahmbulance It is strongly suggested that you read and understand the above. If you do get scammed, try recovering the password first, in their haste, scammers might have forgotten to change your username or e-mail. If your name isn't found, or they changed the e-mail, make a new account and report it immediately.

Every moment that a scammer has acess to your account is another chance to scam your friends, post under your name, steal your items, or scam other users. If they stop getting accounts, they will be less inclined to continue scamming. Most of the scamming recently is largly due to scammers having success with people who are new, and potentially have gold.
Results from the last polls

Are the new rules for after page 4200 easier to understand?
Yes, I can't imagine anyone being confused. 39.3% [ 595 ]
Yes, they are clear enough for me. 16.6% [ 252 ]
Maybe, if they bother to even read. 18.1% [ 274 ]
No, I'm still confused, don't know what you can do to help me, I am beyond help. 5.7% [ 87 ]
No, I didn't read it, I don't intend to read it, I fail at life. 20.3% [ 307 ]

Total Votes: 1515

Scammers...
Not so successful with Rock Puppy around. 24.5% [ 1224 ]
Still just as annoying as ever, 31.3% [ 1562 ]
Are becoming more common. 16.5% [ 822 ]
I am one, this thread makes me laugh. 6.2% [ 312 ]
I'm onto their tactics and won't get caught now. 21.5% [ 1075 ]

Total Votes: 4995
These examples are a bit old, but even newer ones follow the same pattern. They make you worried about your account, then they ask for your password to check it out.
GAIA STAFF WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR PASSWORD.
No matter how official looking, ANY message you recieve which asks for a password is a scam.
Here is what a few of the scams going around previously looked like
With permission from Thdark
Even though that avatar looks like the real Admin, it can be gotten by anyone who deletes their avatar. Most of the scammers going around tend to do this since it looks more creditable to look that way, an not standing around in starter clothes.

Like the one above, the avatar is just a deleted one. Also, like the one above, it promises to give you access to some special feature. It even has that famous [MOD] indicator that tells you it is bogus. Admins don't PM users about special features, they have enough staff already to test out new things. When it is finally available to the public, EVERYONE will have access to it. Furthermore, this particular is just plain assinine, you can't just choose what kind of mod you want to be.
More...
What can be said, starter clothes, questionable name, still asking for password, and account was just created not long before sending out PMs. This person was likely a copycat who decided to try their hand at scamming.
Two days later. Almost exactly the same message, probably the same actual person. They adopted that blank avatar, and added a few more things to sound official. This one unfortunately was on an account which was taken over by this guy, so somewhere along the way he caught someone, and used their account to scam others.
Scammers do indeed work Christmas. Still asking for password, but instead of the usual form, they try to be technical to confuse you. The main thing to notice here is that the username is not a color belonging to real Mods. (see above for real colors) They also have you sending mail to a Hotmail account (blotted out so you can't flame them (even if they do deserve it)). This was another stolen account, someone who used to post in the exchange forum.
A more recent one. Even after a year, not much has really changed. They're still using the deleted avatar, and still asking for passwords. It's still very much a scam. The only difference is that they're using more "official" looking graphics. It really doesn't matter what is said in the PM. If it asks for a password, it is a SCAM, no matter how official it may look. The big danger here is not only will they have access to your account here, but they may have access to your e-mail account (and anything attached to that e-mail account) if you happen to use the same passwords for both.
##Previous rules##
The Game is no longer being run. Do not message about any winning rolls after page 5250.
Previous winners who did not properly report their rolls may do so until Feb 1 of 2008.
NONE OF THESE RULES APPLY TO NEW POSTS.
Quote:

There was a small format change after page 4200 to make the rules easier to understand. It is suggested that you read before PMing me. What is and is not a winning roll is clearly explained. Any new rolls will be on pages after 4200, so only the rules within this post apply.

To help keep this thread alive, and help spread the word, we're rolling 6 count 6-sided dice. The method for rolling dice is explained in the next post. There are several combinations which are winning rolls, but only one that will get you 75k. The winning rolls, and examples are noted below.

rolled 6 6-sided dice: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 Total: 6 (6-36)
rolled 6 6-sided dice: 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2 Total: 12 (6-36)
rolled 6 6-sided dice: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 Total: 18 (6-36)
rolled 6 6-sided dice: 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4 Total: 24 (6-36)
rolled 6 6-sided dice: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 Total: 30 (6-36)
rolled 6 6-sided dice: 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6 Total: 36 (6-36)

These winning rolls are only valid for posts made after page 4200.
YOU MUST HAVE BOTH THE SEQUENCE AND TOTAL EXACTLY AS ABOVE. Rolls of 36 (as above) are worth 75k. All other rolls (as above) are worth 10k. If you successfully roll one of the above combinations, you have to tell me about it. I do not check every post here. Make sure your roll matches EXACTLY the examples above before PMing me. The only winning rolls are those mentioned above. (do you get it yet?) . However before you PM me, you should considder what information I'll need to check your roll.

First, I cannot reply to you if your PMs are set to friends only.
Second, I need the page number of your roll, and an accurate description of that roll in the PM.
Do Not send me links to your post, I will not click any links PMed to me. If you want to make it easier for me to check, enable your profile so I can check your recent posts.
Do Not PM me demanding money, asking for donations, or in a rude tone. I reserve the right to deny winnings to anyone who cannot behave appropiately.
DO NOT PM me asking to explain how to roll, or to see if your roll is a winning one. The combinations are easier than they have ever been. If you are unsure, read this post again, and compare it against your roll.
Any PMs I recieve may be quoted in this thread to embarrass you in the hopes that humiliation is incentive enough to actually read. I will not be quoteing people who are just PMing me to be funny, those PMs are spam, and will be reported.

If you PM me and do not get a reply, it is likely because you did not follow the above guidelines. EVEN IF YOU HAVE A WINNING ROLL, YOU MUST FOLLOW THE ABOVE GUIDELINES EXACTLY TO GET ANYTHING. I am simply sick of recieving PMs from people who are only out to waste my time, or be rude. If you have a valid question, you can still PM me, but I will not be explaining anything to you which is not already here for you to read.

The rules are in plain English, and are easy enough for most people to understand if you bother to even read them. You have no excuse for not knowing.

Winners since format change:
namelesskiid rolled 6 6-sided dice: 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2 Total: 12 (6-36) and won 10k 11/9 page 4237.
Ishii O-Ren rolled 6 6-sided dice: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 Total: 18 (6-36) and won 10k 11/18 page 4652.
xXMokonaxChanXx rolled 6 6-sided dice: 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4 Total: 24 (6-36) and won 10k 12/31 page 5244.

/ / THESE ROLLS ARE NOT VALID AFTER PAGE 4200 / /

Rules for rolls since beginning
1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 Total: 6 (6-36) wins 10k
6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6 Total: 36 (6-36) wins 75k
Additional winning rolls after page 1500 before page 4200
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Total: 21 (6-36) wins 10k
6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Total: 21 (6-36) wins 10k
1, 6, 1, 6, 1, 6 Total: 21 (6-36) wins 10k
6, 1, 6, 1, 6, 1 Total: 21 (6-36) wins 10k

/ / THESE ROLLS ARE NOT VALID AFTER PAGE 4200 / /
SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES ABOUT THE CURRENT DICE GAME!

As of currently, any new posts will be on pages after 4200, so any of these which aren't also listed in the first post will not win you anything. (just incase you were slow)

Winners of previous formats.
N3ko-Senpai rolled 6 6-sided dice: 6, 1, 6, 1, 6, 1 Total: 21 (6-36)
and won 10k 11/6 page 4138
bettinacharlotta rolled 6 6-sided dice: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Total: 21 (6-36)
and won 10k 11/4 page 4028
clayton_stanley rolled 6 6-sided dice: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 Total: 6 (6-36) and won 10k. 10/20 page 3615
Xx-Lunar-Angel-xX rolled 6 6-sided dice: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Total: 21 (6-36) and won 10k. 7/18 page 1545
Vtransit rolled 6 6-sided dice: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 Total: 6 (6-36) and won 10k. 7/16 page # 1531
[[. a n k o k u .]]: rolled 6 6-sided dice: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 Total: 6 (6-36) and won 5k. 12/28 page # 152
Random Question for pages 198-338: ladybrittania won 2k for answering 2parts correctly out of a 3 part question.
Random Question1 for pages 339-469: [Shan.Raikou] won 1k
Random Question2 for pages 339-469: LosTxSpiriT
Random Question for pages 468-512: (5 winners)
Random Giveaway: Total Given out as of 12/26/06: 17,600
Winners for 12/22/06: 1750 total gold given out.
little_pink_lilly: random reward, 500 gold.
Keyblader of the Heart: random reward, 250 gold.
viruse_bloodletter: random reward, 300 gold.
General Poot: random reward, 200 gold.
Keyblader of the Heart: random reward, 200 gold.
TheAwesomeMason: random rewars, 350 gold.

Winners for 12/23/06: 5000 total gold given out.
fukaimoriMidori: random reward, 150 gold.
Samantha Namasi the 4th: random reward, 300 gold.
Mallory-lol16: random reward, 200 gold.
ReadyFreddy: random reward, 275 gold.
Samantha Namasi the 4th: random reward, 500 gold.
CatMeows: random reward, 275 gold.
Roark the Knight: random reward, 150 gold.
lcatzapienuo: random reward, 150 gold.
lolMerlin: random reward, 225 gold.
~[ N a m i n e ]~: random reward, 500 gold. *generously declined*
cowz_rule018: random reward, 500 gold.
rainstorm372: random reward, 400 gold.
ubber mule: random reward, 400 gold.
[[. a n k o k u .]]: random reward, 400 gold.
Master Ikana: random reward, 200 gold.
lil puppet x3: random reward, 225 gold.*generously declined*
[.Lil Angel.]: random reward, 225 gold.
Dragon-Spear-04: random reward, 300 gold.
.annihilated marshmallow.: random reward, 500 gold.
spazface45: random reward, 200 gold.

Winners for 12/24/06: 5200 total gold given out.
hurn_skaar: random reward, 250 gold.
Rainyy Babyyy: random reward, 250 gold.
Youngfortress: random reward, 250 gold.
lolMerlin : 1k Question.
RoCk LeE=TaIjUtSu KiNg: random reward, 250 gold.
sex_plz: random reward, 150 gold.
SongSinga: random reward, 200 gold.
Cute Pet: random reward, 400 gold.
~aznchik316~: random reward, 400 gold.
Rainyy Babyyy: random reward, 225 gold.
chobitse: random reward, 250 gold.
varda0301: random reward, 350 gold.
Legalus 001: random reward, 350 gold.
Andrzejewicz: random reward, 300 gold.
MobileStar: random reward, 275 gold.
sadangels: random reward, 300 gold.
Samantha Namasi the 4th, 250 gold.

Winners for 12/25/06: 5650 total gold given out.
PrettyCoCo: random reward, 150 gold.
~Lestats_Vampire~: random reward, 250 gold.
sainy: random reward, 150 gold.
kaigaiyaki: random reward, 450 gold.
Purple..PunK: random reward, 500 gold.
no-puffin: random reward, 250 gold.
varda0301 : random reward, 250 gold.
addict-for-dramatics: random reward, 200 gold.
Rose.Joy.Raven.Pain: random reward, 200 gold.
ValVampyri: random reward, 200 gold.
Mitsuki the ninja: random reward, 250 gold
Rankusai: random reward, 300 gold.
SongSinga: random reward, 300 gold.
MugenJin: random reward, 200 gold. *generously declined*
Followthedoomedtoasters: random reward, 200 gold.
hell _girl: random reward, 200 gold.
-=-Queen Nyx-=-: random reward, 200 gold. *generously declined*
dilandra101: random reward, 300 gold.
Patchis: random reward, 200 gold.
MobileStar: random reward, 200 gold.
venus87: random reward, 200 gold.
varda0301: random reward, 350 gold.
El General: random reward, 150 gold.
*This post is reserved for a Mod stamp of approvial incase there is any concern of botted gold. I don't bot, botters are even worse than the scammers since they place strain on the servers, add enormous amounts of gold into the economy (causing the value of your gold to decrease), and make several features like the arenas almost useless.*

If you wish to help, bump the thread, and save your gold.
Incredible And Edible
Bump

Thank you, and keep going please.
Bump for gold, Bump for helping make things right again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff