Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
|[ suteki da ne? /a literate FFX-based roleplay ]|

Ooc-thread here.

` introduction and story.
hello, and welcome to -+ [akikaze]'s Final Fantasy X -based roleplay. in the following posts, you are introduced to the roleplay and its requirements.
by saying that this roleplay is based on final fantasy X, i of course mean only FFX. in this roleplay, we ignore final fantasy X-2's existence.
and i must state that the events in this roleplay take place a century after FFX, thus the original characters are no longer. thank you for your attention and interest!

---

Dead for a thousand years,
A great terror arose from the deep,
It swept across the land,
A lone past still lingers...

Sin.
An entity known to fall only to rise again. Known to bring destruction and death to the land of Spira.
For a thousand years, it plagued the world, taking the lives of innocent citizens. It appeared to end a war between Zanarkand and Bevelle, but upon destroying the machina and the sides warring, it lingered, continued its killing and destryoing...

Destiny cannot be denied.

Summoners.
People with a power to call forth aeons, summoners were charged with the duty of exterminating Sin with the power of the Final Summon. The first summoner to accomplish such a feat was Yunalesca.
When Yunalesca defeated Sin, she brought a Calm to Spira in exchange of her own life. Just when it seemed like Sin had been taken care of for good, ten years elapsed and the terror rose again;
Sin was still alive.

A burden grows heavier,
To the kingdom of the sun,
Across a vast sea,
The journey home begins...

For a thousand years, this method was used to defeat Sin. But every time a summoner exchanged his or her life for a Calm, it lasted for ten years before Sin would have manifested enough power to rise again.
When a summoner named Yuna, along with her guardians, found a way to defeat Sin without it ever coming back, they gave it a go. And they failed. Yuna and her guardians failed to defeat Sin and bring the Eternal Calm to Spira. Sin continued its reign of terror, and new summoners were sacrificed to bring at least those ten years of Calm to the ravaged land.

Now, a century later, new summoners and new guardians are willing to find a way to defeat Sin and bring the Eternal Calm to their beloved home land. Casting aside beliefs, siding with enemies, what the summoners and guardians would not do to save their loved Spira.

So cast aside your beliefs, stand your ground,
for you might be the one
to save the beloved land of many.

.: post zero: introduction and story.
.: post one: updates.
.: post two: rules.
.: post three: character and aeon listing.
.: post four: approved profiles.
.: post five: profile template.
.: post six: blacklist.
.: post seven: other.
.: post eight: reserved 1/2.
.: post nine: reserved 2/2.
` updates.
when something important happens in the roleplay, i shall make a brief report about it here, into this post.
for now, i am posting out the starting scenario.

beginnings.
Each story has a beginning point. Ours is the island town of Kilika, where the summoner(s) are getting their very first Aeon. Their guardians are waiting patiently, if anxiously, for their summoners to emerge from the Temple in the Kilika Woods with the fire-Aeon Ifrit. Once such a feat is complete, the summoners and their entourage set off toward Besaid Island to claim Valefor.
The summoners start with two immediate guardians, whereas the rest will join the cause in due time.

` rules.
i expect all of you to follow the rules and read them through carefully AT LEAST once.

[ m o d e r a t o r /owner of thread: -+ [akikaze] (calling her aki-chan will do the trick). ]

[o1] rule numero uno.
-- This thread is literate to advanced literate. I am talking about people who know their way around a dictionary and can type decent posts by the lenght of at least a paragraph. I don't really need a novel or anything, since it takes ages to read, and i mighn't reach such lenghts myself all of the time.

[o2] profiles.
-- I'm going to expect PM'ed profiles. If you post your profile, however, I'm not going to accept it. You must PM -+ [akikaze] your profile! And also, please note that I want you to post a short sentence of sorts as the subject of your PM. Please include the phrase 'Destiny cannot be Denied' as the subject when PM'ing me!

[o3] romance and violence.
-- We all have played Final Fantasy X, right? So we are aware of the fiends lurking about and just waiting for an opportunity to get a bite out of the heroes. Violence, therefore, is inevitable, but do keep it PG-13. Don't get overboard with it, alright? I don't want to traumatize the younger users of Gaia.
As for romance, well...it's clear that some characters might take a fancy to each other. But if it goes further than a crush, please do not cyber in the thread. If you must, go to PM's or messengers. And as a side-note, I am accepting homosexual relationships as well.

[o4] races and characters.
-- We all know the four main races of FFX - human, Al Bhed, Ronso and Guado. However, there can be crossbreeds of these races. Just make it sensible. The Guados and Ronsos are in a little 'war' of sorts and some human Yevonites don't think kindly of the Al Bheds.
As for the characters, we need all sorts of people. I'd appreciate at least two summoners and from three to six guardians for each. However, if one summoner has fewer guardians because of say, fiend attacks that cost lives, then the summoner is free to seek help from the another summoner and his/her entourage. Sound complicated? I know, but it makes sense. A summoner can't go alone forever.
Other characters such as priests and priestesses, faction leaders and such are allowed and welcomed as well.

[o5] be creative.
-- With your posts, characters, whatever. Just be creative! Give your characters depth and originality. Paint me a rainbow with your words. I'd really appreciate all tries and whatnot at that.

[o6] have a lot of fun.
-- The most important thing with a roleplay is to get to know the people you're playing with and having fun with them. On my part, you're free to make suggestions to me or just speak to me.
This is the last rule, but remember that I can change these at any time. Please follow these rules and you'll do fine!

` character and aeon listing.
a listing of vacant and taken characters, as well as the aeons in this story. please check the spots with care before deciding which one you will take.

`first entourage.
the summoner: Marius Lasher. [ [s y n t h e s ! z e d] ]
the guardian: Faith Noa. [Yumi Kishimoto]
the big brother: (vacant)
the black mage: Aurelius Raniero. [ [Museioto] ]
the samurai: (vacant)
the dragon knight: Yam Kyurru. [Caged Doll]
the thief: Tear LangĂ­ne. [ -+ [akikaze] ]

`second entourage.
the summoner: Celia. [loveme4me63]
the guardian: (vacant)
the big brother: Daisuke Asamoto. [ ~[Eternal Flame]~ ]
the black mage: (vacant)
the samurai: Arma. [ -+ [akikaze] ]
the dragon knight: (vacant)
the thief: (RESERVED)

`others.
#o1/ ladyluck/gunner:: Adel Noa. [ [s y n t h e s ! z e d] ]
-spot two reserved-

---
`the aeons.
Valefor.

Ifrit.

Ixion.

Shiva.

Bahamut.

Yojimbo.

Anima.

magus sisters;
Cindy.
Sandy.
Mindy.

` approved profiles.
`first entourage.
summoner: marius lasher.

[ s y n t h e s ! z e d ]
If I had thought my transformation into a summoner meant happiness, I was quite wrong.
.: username: Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it [ s y n t h e s ! z e d ]
.: name: Marius Lasher
.: age: Seventeen
.: sex: Male; confused at the moment.
.: race: Half Guado / Half Human
.: class: Summoner
.: weapon: A staff with symbols relating to Kilika in it.
.: appearance: |[ happiness seems to be a lie; sadness is my reality ]|
.: personality: To others, Marius seems to be moderately happy and rather calm; infact, most people wouldn't even know if something was bothering him. However, often things do bother him, lately to the point of despression. he just knows how to act, he doesn't want anything, including his emotions, to get in the way of the task at hand. He's rather young and people can tell it from his appearence, but he acts years ahead of his age.
.: backstory: Marius was born in the Guado woods; to a mortal father and Guado mother. He was a half-breed, however the Guado's were accepting to both him and his father. Only mortals seemed to make any type of comment; but ultimately, Marius nor his parents let the comments affect them. When he was seven years old, him and a few of his friends decided to play tag in the deeper part of the woods - the part most people attempted to avoid. The thing was, nothing happened to them while they played in it, the thickness and density of the woods actually protected them. Sin attacked the main part of the Gaudo woods killing everyone in it; that included most of Marius' friends and all of his family. Shortly after the attack Sin was destroyed in the battle with the Final Aeon; but that didn't change the fact that the Guado Woods suffered a very critical hit. Marius and any other survivors were brought to Bevelle, where he was adopted by a couple who were uncapable of having children thsemsevles, he's lived happily with them since that day and most of the Guado woods has recovered. When he turned of age, he decided to start learning the art of summoning, he wants to seek revenge on Sin for what he did to his family and the rest of Spira; and now with it back, he can.
.: overdrive: Summoners Will is triggered depending on the status and situation of the gaurdians; that of the summoner's is barely taken into consideration. When more than half of the Gaurdians need healing or to be gaurded themselves, the summoner they are assigned to will automatically without free will trigger this technique. It's a healing and status aid; not physically in any way or form. Once activated, Marius or any other summoner will literally drain themselves of almost all power and life they have to completely heal their gaurdians, and give them a temporary stat boost. This overdrive can be very deadly for any summoner.
.: other: Marius has a fear of loosing anyone close to him and being completely alone; that's something common for a lot of people within all of Spira. This phobia most likely developed when he ws seven years old, only moments before Sin was destroyed by the Final Aeon, it released a powerful attack which destroyed part of the Guado woods and killed his family, and friends; it left him completely alone.
.: theme song: Marius' theme song was strictly chosen on his current emotional state. He's confused and slightly depressed, yet instead of seeking advice or help, he's been hiding it from everyone; gaurdians and everyone else. Thus, I feel his theme song should be Lies by Evanescence.

guardian: faith noa.
Yumi Kishimoto
" I may be beautiful, however I'm equally cruel "
.: username: Yumi Kishimoto
.: name: Faith Noa
.: age: Seventeen
.: sex: Female; Heterosexual.
.: race: Human
.: I'll do whatever it takes to guard Marius.
.: class: Warrior / Guardian
.: weapon: Twin Daggers
.: appearance: Peach:Love//Shake
.: personality: Faith is a rather social creature in her own opinion; she enjoys being around people, enjoys talking, and in no way is she reluctant not to speak. However, in the rare occasions that she doesn't speak, she's often doing things that will improve her appearance. The reason: it gets her out of many tough situations. Often her enemies think of her as being a weak little "looker" and nothing more, but that's hardly the case. In battle one could trust their life with her, she's cruel and powerful. Her power is one to be reckoned with.
.: backstory: Faith was born and raised in Luca, she's the daughter of two very wealthy individuals; but to her, that's the problem... They're wealthy. When she was fourteen, she had been having another social gathering her parents arranged, they claimed it was to get her known to other wealthy individuals; Faith absolutely hated it, but during that one gathering her life changed. A group of bandits barged into her house and stole some money and precious artifacts; they left a few of the people at the party dead, one of them Faith's Mother. However, Faith mentally thanked the bandits, she hated her parents and her wealthy lifestyle; but the bandits did interest her. On the day of her Mother's funeral, Faith ran away and aimed to become a bandit. For three years she's been training to become like the bandits that killed her Mom, hoping to one day join them... But in such dire times, things can quickly change.
.: overdrive: Absolute Zero is a strictly physical attack which can Faith has the choice of damaging multiple enemies, multiple times with minor attacks; or a single enemy with a very deadly hit... Often it leaves absolutely no enemies left on the battleground. This attack can be triggered two ways, both of which this technique can be quite helpful. The first is if Faith happens to be fighting an enemy much more powerful then herself and her party members; the second is if the summoners life is in great danger.
.: other: Faith's parents named her after the very source of all Summoner's powers, the Faith.
.: theme song: Faith's theme song is Beautiful Fighters by Ayumi Hamasaki. I decided it based on the fact that her looks are alluring, and the fact the she is a warrior; thus a beautiful fighter.

big brother:

black mage: aurelios raniero.
[Museioto]

“Protect those you hold dear, I couldn’t back then, but now I can.”
.: username: [Museioto].
.: name: Aurelius Raniero.
.: age: 18 years old.
.: sex: Male; Heterosexual.
.: race: Human/Al Bhed.
.: guardian? if so, which summoner? He has made it his mission in life to assist in the protection of Marius.
.: class: Black Mage. Though he occasionally inserts “Master” to his title, to impress the ladies of course; “Sublimely awesome” is sometimes seen too…
.: weapon: An old, knotted wooden staff, which once belonged to a powerful mage. The timber that it was hewed from is black in color, and small, silver crystals are dispersed randomly along the span of the staff. It seems to contain, within its wooden carapace, mysterious properties…

.: appearance: “Fight for your friends, for they’ll surely fight for you.”
.: personality: Aurelius is a casual young man, who would rather not fight, but is no coward and he will stick around to mop up a mess, albeit a little reluctantly. He is considered by most to be lazy and unmotivated, but he will work until the point of collapse to attain what he desires. He is kind-hearted and friendly soul, who hides it under a veil of logical thinking and intelligence, leading most to believe that he is the “cold, sensible one of the bunch”. He values his companions above his own life, and would gladly give his life to protect any of them. He can be naïve at times, but is very knowledgeable about the world, knowing all too well of its true nature. He is a rather quiet young man, who sometimes over-dramatizes a situation for comical affect; he tries to be a humorist, but his wit is anything but keen, and his comedic talent is a little lacking. He has a tendency to hold grudges, he doesn’t really know why, he just does. He rarely loses his temper, but when he does, it is not pretty.
.: back-story: Aurelius was born and bred on the road. As an infant, he had been abandoned near the temple at Djose; after being ignored for a few hours, he was found by an Al Bhed woman in disguise, she took him back with her and he was drafted into her convoy. At 3, he had seen most of Spira, since the caravan ferried goods around the world. The woman’s name had been Rikku, after the Al Bhed woman who had accompanied the summoner Yuna so long ago, and Aurelius considered her his mother. The two were close, very close, and they were nigh inseparable… until that fateful day. On his fourteenth birthday, the caravan was ambushed by fanatical Yevonites. The Al Bhed, having been caught completely off-guard, were quickly slaughtered. Aurelius had lost consciousness near the beginning of the attack, having been struck in the head with a blunt piece of shrapnel, when he came to, he found Rikku’s body atop his, even in death, she had protected him. After many hours of mourning, he knew he had to move, before the fiends began their scavenging. He buried Rikku far from the crash, and, on her grave, he made a vow, which was: that he would protect as many people as possible before he died. He then returned to wreckage, quickly rooting around in debris, he found a strange staff. Figuring it was a walking stick, he kept it, and after finding some supplies from the ruins, he left, and began his trek to Kilika. He soon found out that the staff was much more than a walking stick…and his magical talent was discovered. He has been wandering alone ever since, to perfect his skills, so he could keep his vow to Rikku.
.: overdrive: Crystalline Concentration – An overdrive which activates when the entire entourage is grave danger, where the line that separates life from death is extremely thin. The crystals that adorn his staff glow a bright crimson, he then knocks the staff against the earth, and Aurelius speaks the incantation; “Scatter, and focus my wrath!” The crystals suddenly tear themselves from the surface of the staff, and float in the air, and then they disperse. Each one of the crystals stops near an entourage member, and any spells that are cast upon them, like cure, are intensified. If an offensive spell, such as fire, is cast upon an entourage member, it is bounced back towards its owner with doubled intensity, though if the spell is powerful enough it can bypass this defense. Aurelius has three crystals floating before him, which form an odd triangle, he places his finger against one and mutters an incantation of a spell, any spell, it is shot into the center of the crystals, and intensified to the point it becomes as powerful as a “daga”, possibly even stronger. But, the drawbacks to such power are immense. If any of the group, except Aurelius, is attacked with a mêlée weapon, they receive no damage, but Aurelius takes it, doubled its original strength, and when Aurelius uses his three crystals, the magic has so much excess energy that it hurts him, almost like striking him with a “dara” level spell. Though the damage can be reduced with shell, and protect spells, Aurelius doesn’t receive the same benefits that the others get when it comes to healing spells, so it isn’t reduced by much. His desire to protect his comrades affects the power of this overdrive directly.
.: other: He has a slight limp in his left leg, from a rogue shard of shrapnel. He also has an uncanny fear of spiders, no one, except him, knows why. The only people he holds a grudge against are the ones who attacked his caravan, of whom he is still searching for, to exact vengeance upon them; he also has a grudge against Sin, but who doesn’t have a grudge against it?
.: theme song: Wherever I May Roam – Metallica. Based on the fact that he has been wandering his whole life and has never been able to settle down and plant his roots.

samurai:

dragon knight: yam kyurru.
Caged Doll

- personal quote. optional. - Dragon Knight my butt! I'm a free soul!
.: username: Caged Doll
.: name: Yam Kyurru
.: age: 15
.: sex: Male; Bisexual
.: race: Human
.: guardian? if so, which summoner? Guardian of Marius Lasher!!
.: class: Dragon Knight;; Although, he does not admit as much as easily.
.: weapon: Ordina;; A nunchaku with mace spikeballs at the end. Simple as that, it deals much greater damage than normal nunchaku's.

.: appearance: @;; Hey you! I bet you never loves anyone as much as I do!;;

He wears a headband, always carries around his bunny plushie [ he doesn't really like moogles as much ] and wears a big jacket. Like, a giant Al Bhed looking jacket, yet, only it's made of majorities of brown leather and white silk. Underneath the jacket, he wears black spandex leggings, with many chains and anything that can be worn as accesory dangling around. His brown, strapped boots covers the ending of his black leggings.
.: personality: Upbeat and bouncy, he has the ups of the group. Merriest, he like to think of himself, although highly not as serious as the others. He has a big wall of pride which cannot be broken down, like the wall of Jericho. He suffers emotional pain when only necessary, as in a lost loved or a dear friend, or someone he highly respects. Obviously, his lack of intellegent serious thinking has the habits of making him get into more trouble than the whole group that he travels with together. His class, as a Dragon Knight might want to make him into a quiet, sullen soul, yet, he is still very loud and speaks his mind freely. His soul is a breezy, childish one and holds many hopes as well. He ignores his title as a Dragon Knight, and acts freely according to his own.
.: backstory: His life was not as happy as it should've been. Because of it, that is why he acts truly as the happiest ones.

Spira was the spiral of death, as the elders say. Back in Luca, he was told of Sin's evil deeds, how it killed and was the punishment for turning from Yevon. Machina wars were started and was now forbidden, he was told. And that was why, again, as he was told, Al Bhed was soo hated.

All his childhood life, he was disciplined in a foul manner to be tough, to fight Sin one day and defeat it. He was trained by the crusaders, and as a child, went through many hardships in life. His father, a gentle yet a cruel man at times, was once a leader of the crusaders, and was part of an operational team called the Crimson Blades. Yam was taught even at home, he must be strong and must have a soul that can linger even in Spira after he had died. But.. Never had he been treated with a fatherly affection, since his mother was wiped out by Sin when he was born.

"I hate you!" Was possibly the thing he wanted to say the most. But, instead of becoming a moping human pipe for all his remaining life, he faced that he should defeat Sin, and become a guardian to a summoner. That is why, he thought, his happiness should be spread to keep Spira happy, even those crusaders that were known to be heartless humans that existed like dead machinas with no feelings.
.: overdrive: "Hurtful Pride";; His lavishes his weapon around, making many combos as much as possible. Each combo can encourage him to another combo, like slots that tells the combination of attacking methods.

Slap Stick;; An uppercut with his weapon.
Bulldozer;; A giant blow with a big swing.
MeteorThrow;; He hooks the enemy around with the chain connecting his two piece weapons, and tosses them away.
DragonRage;; He unleashes a giant force of energy through his weapon, making a really big impact around the area and hurting everyone in the process. [ Safe to use when has Protect and Shell equipped. ]

.: other: He has a phobia of lightening/thunder and fire, due to indirected spells firing at him while his training with the crusader-to-be's. [ Also, he's very fond of bunnies. :3 ]
.: theme song: Due to his bouncy and happy personnality, that is nearly false most of the time, the way to express it through a song would be Forever Love by Bada.

thief: tear langĂ­ne.
-+ [akikaze]

"The days without laughter are the days worst spent and wasted."
.: username: -+ [akikaze].
.: name: Tear LangĂ­ne. ('tear langĂ­ne' is pronounced 'thier langiin')
.: age: 16 years.
.: sex: Female; she is straight.
.: race: Al Bhed.
.: guardian? if so, which summoner? She'll do everything she can to guard Marius' life.
.: class: Thief; claims to be a treasure hunter, and she will be quick to correct people when she is called a 'thief'.
.: weapon: A glove with two sharp, semi-long claw-like blades. On her right arm, as her left hosts her shield (targe).

.: appearance: |[ she's got a dancer's dreams and an innocence in her soul ]|
As with all Al Bheds, Tear's eyes are green and have a swirl around the pupil. She's shorter than average, standing at around 5'3'', with her weight being 115 lbs. But thanks to her small size, she is incredibly agile. She often paints her fingernails yellow and matches her eyeshadow with the nailpolish.
.: personality: Tear has an upbeat, happy and perky front to her. It sometimes seems like there is nothing that upsets her, but things that have to deal with one of her relatives or friends getting into danger is enough to make her pouty and sulky. Affectionate and extremely caring, she wants to do a good job protecting the summoner and Spira. Because she is inexperienced, she is eager to learn more about the world around her.
.: backstory: Coming from the small island of Bikanel, Tear has traveled quite some distance to reach Besaid, where she lived for a while before the island was viciously attacked by Sin. She was lucky not to have been near the shoreline at that time, but rather rock-climbing and seeking treasure, and had witnessed the village and its people get obliterated by Sin. She didn't know what to think, but once she had sought out possible survivors, she decided that she would find a way to rid Spira of Sin for good. She started travelling alone, making Kilika Island her first stop.
She's not seen her older brother since he decided to try joining the Crusaders, and as a "side-quest", she is trying to seek him out and confront him about his reasons behind abandoning his family.
.: overdrive: Candydive Heaven is triggered depending on what condition Tear, the summoner and the rest of the entourage are in. As such, it only activates and is at its most powerful when dark times are upon the entourage. Candydive Heaven is a magical attack, not physical, and it only damages one opponent. Once triggered and cast by Tear, thick white clouds enshroud the target and it is pummeled by pastel-coloured arrows of magic energy. Her personal feelings toward the entourage seem to have an effect on the power of the overdrive.
.: other: Tear has a very, very bad fear of thunder, caused by a machina going on a rampage and striking her with a strong thunder spell that knocked her unconcious. She was lucky to have lived, but she's feared thunder ever since. As for her "treasure hunting", she says she wants to find as much lost treasure as she can, and she won't stop at anything to get it. She seems to have something against Yevon, which might prove a bad thing, but she never says why she has something against Yevon. It's believed to have something to do with her older brother. She seems educated especially in recognising fiends, but has no clue about their weaknesses, and she can speak both Al Bhed and English fluently.
.: theme song: I chose Tear's themes based on how I see her in my mind. And I see her as a girl who puts up a tough front, but is completely innocent and vulnerable in truth. Plus she is funloving and peppy, which is a major factor in the songs. Cutie Honey by Koda Kumi ; sweet? by SID ; Kiss by AnCafe.

`second entourage.
summoner: celia.

loveme4me63
- i will wait ... wait for that day to come ... -
.: username: loveme4me63
.: name: Celia.
.: age: Seventeen.
.: sex: Female
.: race: Human, with a small amount of Al Bhed blood.
.: class: Summoner
.: weapon: A pure white staff with a thin, silver chain on the end. It has a rounded end that has been painted sky blue, and on the end of the chain is a small, ornate leaf. The head of the staff has been created to replicate the Summoner Yuna's staff, because of Celia and the High Summoner's strange similarity in apperence. But, instead of being a golden color, the head continues to be a mixture of white and blue.

.: appearance: {keep a smile on your face}
(minus the beads.) {these boots are made for walkin'}
.: personality: Celia is calm and collected, keeping her head in any kind of situation. She tends to keep to herself, making herself heard only when it is completely necessary. Because of her history, she tends to be quiet around most people except those she can relate with. Although she is shy and reserved, when the time comes for her to voice her opinions, Celia grows strangely confident in herself. But, it doesn't last long.
.: backstory: Celia was not born on Besaid, but she lived there for most of her life. Before that, her mother had tried her hand at becoming a summoner - but was soon stopped on her pilgrimage shortly after completing her training. She had met Celia's father on the way out onto the road to Lucca, and both had immediately fallen in love with the other. He became her second guardian, and everything was well for a few months. Shortly after receiving her second Aeon, Celia's mother became pregnant with her first child - and her pilgrimage ceased. It was a romantic story - and they often joked about it now.
As for Celia, she always felt sorry for ever being created - if it hadn't been for her, perhaps Sin would be destroyed now. She always felt so selfish - like her life was a complete waste... until she found that she had inherited one other trait from her mother. The Summoning art. Ever since then, Celia has been perfecting her skills to make the stolen life she had something worth wile.
.: overdrive: When the entire party is on the edge of death, or all have been infected with death does :: Tears of the Earth :: activate. It Fully heals all party members' status ailments, and casts Barrier, MBarrier, and regain on the entire party.
.: other: Celia keeps a locket in memory of her parents with her everywhere she goes. If she was to loose it, she would have a mental break down because it was a present when she left on her pilgrimage.
.: theme song: Sanctuary :: Utada Hikaru

guardian:

big brother: daisuke asamoto.
~[Eternal Flame]~
- i never wanted to save the world. all i wanted was to save with you. -
.: username: ~[Eternal Flame]~
.: name: Daisuke Asamoto
.: age: twenty
.: sex: male
.: race: human
.: guardian? if so, which summoner? Yes. It is my sworn duty to protect Celia.
.: class: The "Big Brother," if you will.
.: weapon: A simple, two-handed claymore which he easily weilds with one hand. It's usually perched on his shoulder as he rests and he rarely leaves without it by his side. Near the hilt on the blade, the kanji for "snow" is carved into the blade. He carved it himself in rememberance of his sister and why he fights.

.: appearance: ~ looking back never did any good... ~
Daisuke mostly has a very dark shade of red hair that's nearly black with a bit that's a lighter shade of red. His eyes, matching the lighter shade of his hair, shine with a past better left exactly where it is... the past. He stands to be six feet even.
.: personality: More of an observer than a participator, Daisuke tends to be one to stay out of conversations. He usually feels he has nothing to say in situations and when words are needed, he tries not to say more than the bare minimum. In his opinion, actions speak louder than words ever could. Many people think that this is because he finds himself better than the rest, but in reality he tends to be very self-conscious and shy.
.: backstory: Daisuke grew up watching over his younger adopted sister, Yukiko, with care and devotion, their parents being taken away by Sin when he was 10 and she was 8. When Yukiko became of age, she began her pilgrimage to take her revenge upon Sin for taking away the family that she felt she and her brother deserved. They were so close to achieving their revenge, but fate got the better of the young summoner. A tragic attack from Sin came toward a small town they were resting in. Many people there had nothing to lose but their own lives. Still, Yukiko strived to protect them. In a last ditch effort, she pulled the attack into herself destroying what life she had left... smiling bravely toward her older brother and apollogizing for not fulfilling their wish of having a family again. It was only days earlier that they found she was pregnant with their child... It's only been two years since this incident.
He now travels with Celia as a guardian. She seems to remind him of his dearly departed sister... and vows to protect her until the very end as atonement for his past sins.
.: overdrive: ::Heaven's Cry:: This is triggered when the rest of his entourage are on the brink of death or losing hope. With this overdrive, Daisuke lifts his blade towards the sky and prays, sending most--and in worst cases, all--of his energy into his weapon. Harnessing this energy, he sends it toward the enemy. This blast of energy not only heavily damages the opponant, but it casts protect and heals most of the others' health. However, it leaves Daisuke incapacitated for the remainder the the battle.
.: other:
- His weapon, though unbeknownst to him, possesses the reminants of his sister's soul. It protects him and will only work properly with him.
- He is also trained in the use of flame-based magics [the opposite of his sister's, which was ice].
.: theme song: ~: Circle ;|; Slipknot :~

black mage:

samurai: arma.
-+ [akikaze]

"Though the world is against me, I must press onward."
.: username: -+ [akikaze].
.: name: Arma. Seems to have no known last name.
.: age: Early- to mid-20s; estimated to be 22 years old.
.: sex: Female.
.: race: Human.
.: guardian? if so, which summoner? She gave herself the duty of protecting Celia, and it is all she knows now.
.: class: Bounty hunter, but otherwise classified as a samurai.
.: weapon: She carries with her two large, long swords that she has named "Erde" and "Kaiser". Though she carries both, she only wields one at a time thanks to both swords being extremely heavy.

.: appearance: |[ you've got the world against you, just take it day by day. ]|
Arma is a relatively tall woman, standing at 5' 9'' (without the heels, 5' 7''). She weighs in at around 129 lbs. Her two swords, Erde and Kaiser, are shown in the appearance picture - Erde is the small-bladed sword, and Kaiser is the larger, heavier sword. The swords aren't anywhere near as big as shown in the picture, though. Arma was born with heterochromia, meaning her eyes are of different colours. The left one is brown, the right one green.
.: personality: Definately not a soft-spoken woman, Arma tends to be as frank with everything as she can. She doesn't like to talk other than when spoken to, or when she wants to state something she suspects no one else had thought of. Often in her own world, you would be surprised by this woman's level-headed and cool behaviour in the heat of battle. She is dedicated to her job, and she won't tolerate failure or loss. At most times, she is quiet and classified an 'observer'.
.: backstory: Born as an only child, she was always given what she wanted. Arma was somewhat spoiled, though it was kept within reasonable limits. Her parents were of the wealthy kind - Bevelle's "elite", with a commander of the Crusaders for a father and a high-priestess for a mother. However, one night she awoke of the sound of something breaking. As she went to look, she found the bodies of her parents. She immediately knew it had been an assassination, since had it been a robbery, something would've been missing. She isolated herself and joined the Crusaders at the age of fourteen. Arma learned sword-fighting from some of the best instructors. When she was twenty, she started her work as a bounty hunter, scrounging Spira to look for new clients.
.: overdrive: Psychedelia's first effect is to make both Erde and Kaiser light as feathers, so Arma can wield them both. Once the enemy has been chosen, she proceds to hack and slash at it with both swords. When she has done so, she walks away and as she does, the enemy will be decimated. Psychedelia reacts to Arma's spiritual strenght, so when she has a weak spiritual strenght, the attack will be at its most powerful.
.: other: Arma is trained in white magic; she knows the basic spells by heart, and intends on learning more so as to aid herself and her teammates as well as she can. She might seem self-centered, cocky and arrogant, but beneath her tough exterior is a vulnerable person. She tends to bottle up her emotions until she will eventually break down mentally. Arma's one and only fear that she won't admit is the fear of being left completely alone, without anyone around her.
.: theme song: Since Arma is a very mature woman, I decided not to choose anything happy and bouncy for her. Instead, she has music that is slow and somewhat sad, with one song to display an upbeat spirit. Drain Away by Dir en grey ; Harusaki Sentimental by Plastic Tree ; Sanbika by Plastic Tree.

dragon knight:

thief: .

`other characters.
[ s y n t h e s ! z e d ]
- One shot can change the world with a bullet in the right place. -
.: username: [ s y n t h e s ! z e d ]
.: name: Adea Noa
.: age: 26
.: sex: Female
.: sexuality: Bisexual
.: race: Yevonite
.: position: She's a buisness woman, owning a casino, restaurant, and shop.
.: class: Gunner / Lady Luck
.: weapon: G. = Two Black Pistols - L.L. = Single Feathered Fan
.: appearance: G. - L.L.
.: personality: Adel has no solid personality, she changes how she acts and presents herself depending on the person - a true socialite. However, within all her personalities she always seems to be rather positive, often she makes her different "acts" appear seductive either in mind or physically; sometimes both.
.: backstory: Adel was born and raised in Luca - the daughter of two very wealthy Yevonites. However, they barely did anything to earn the money, they inherited it along with one of the families many buiness'. Anyone with the last name of Noa would eventually inherit something if not at birth. While many described life in Luca as fast paced and fun, Adel barely felt that way while growing up. Her parents made sure personal assistances of some kind would moniter and stalk her; often as a child when she wanted to play with the other chldren, her personal assistances would not allow her. They claimed it would be immoral since they were not of the same social status. The only time she actually met people her own age was at banquets, balls, or very high-class social gatherings of some kind... The only problem was, she found them boring and often pointless. They were basically meant for rich men and barely clad woman to talk about how much Gill they had.

However, one of the gatherings turned out interesting for her: At a party held by her uncle and aunt, bandits raided the party. They stole some Gill, shot her aunt, and "crashed" the party. Everyone seemed to be in shock, they talked about for months, but not Adel... Or her cousin Faith on that point. Both of them secretly enjoyed what happened at the party that day. For Faith it ultimately caused her to become a bandit, for Adel it sparked a interest for her to learn how to use a Gun; become a Gunner. Since that day, she has become a Gunner and opened a few buisness' of her own, all of which she's gained a lot of power with. However, power corrupts, she wants more and won' stop until she has it. She's already began to plot something, something that will surely give her power.
.: overdrive: One Shot! One Kill! - Adel's Gunner overdrive is activated after a long period of fighting, which the tide seems to be on a enemy's side. For a short period of time, Adel will gain a very large rush of adrenalene allowing her to become quicker, more agile and stronger. This usually allows the Gunner to quickly gain an advantage against her opponent. Once one is gained, she uses only one her projectile weapons to fire a single shot capable of killing an enemy on contact. If the bullet hits her oponent and doesn't kill them, it usually begins to drain the health until death takes place. However, despite the power of this ability there is always a chance her bullet can be avoided, or she can miss.

Risky Buisness - Adel's Lady Luck overdrive is activated by two ways: if Adel has failed when attacking her opponent more than three times in a row, or when she's very close to death. In each situation her overdrive produces a different effect; which can either affect her or her opponent. If the treshhold of death is approaching her, she's capable of producing a healing breeze upon herself with her feathered fan. When this takes place, the feathers on the fan will turn from their regular red shade, to a pure white one. In the other situation, when she has missed her opponents more than three times in a row (or they have been capable of avoiding her attacks), Adel uses her fan to produce a a very deadly affect; a massive tornado with a bombard of Thundaga attacks. If the thunder spell hits her opponent it will temporarily blind them, or serverely damage them. During this, her fan's feathers will turn black.
.: other: Due to the dress spheres, it is close to impossible to identify Adel as a Gunner when she's in her Lady Luck outfit. Vice-Versa. Also, Adel is rather adept at telling flase-hoods and acting.
.: theme song: Due to the fact that Adel is a Gunner, I thought it would be most appropriate for her song to be "********" by CombiChrist.

JinTang
((Hi there ^^))

When I travel the sky and the riddles unfold, I will reach the Otherworld
.: username: JinTang
.: name: Vaati
.: age: 16
.: sex: Male
.: race: Al Bhed
.: guardian? if so, which summoner? Vaati is not a Guardian...yet.
.: class: Samurai
.: weapon: Vaati weilds a single katana, it has a black handlewrap and a gold hilt, it is kept in a black sheath.

.: appearance: His hair is fairly long and is blonde, hanging into his eyes in large strands though the back stands up slightly.
True to his Al Bhed heritage he has bright green eyes, each with a tiny spiral in the middle which are and easily noticeable feature.
He wears a black pair of pants and black bootlike shoes, held tight by two straps around the top.
He wears a black jacket that it usually kept closed and has a high collar that sits away from his face but still reaches up to just under his eyes though it isnt done up the entire way so there is a gap where his face is allowing his mouth and facial features to be visible.
On his hands are a pair of black leather gloves and on his left forearm are two redish straps that go the whole way around.

.: personality: Vaati is quite laid back and relaxed, generally he seems to know a little more about the situation than he lets on and he also seems to have one Ultimate Goal which he will let none stay in the way of him reaching.
.: backstory: Vaati was born in the large Machina city on Bikanel Island known as HOME, the homeland of the Al Bhed.
He learned about Technology from a young age from the others inside the city, he never had parents as they were both killed by Sin.
He isnt bitter about this though and manages to be quite friendly to most people, even the people who shun his race for their use of Machina and claim its their fault Sin attacked.
From when he was very young Vaati was interested in the many spheres that lay throughout Spira and always went off through Bikanel Desert to find them.

At some point Vaati decided the search for Spheres should not be limited to merely above ground and started excavating ruins in an effort to find underground Spheres.
One day while he was doing this Vaati discovered a ruin in Sanubia Sands, it was essentially a small, circular temple with many drawings and words carved into the walls.
Vaati is the only one who knows how to get to this place.
The words speak of a 7 Spheres which for reasons yet unknown Vaati now searches endlessly for.

Is he after power? Glory? Whatever the reasons for his search Vaati searches Spira for these Spheres, he does seem to have some alterior motive for gaining these Spheres though.
At some point Vaati obtained an airship and made extreme modifications to it and this is how he travels Spira.
.: overdrive: Grand Lethal: The blade of Vaati's Katana glints and then shatters into countless thousands of pieces.
These pieces catch the light and fly around under Vaati's control and can easily strike the enemies thousands of times.
When finished the shards return to the hilt and the Katana regains its normal state.
.: other: Vaati plays Blitzball quite well despite never playing for an official team, his knowledge of the Yevonite language isnt particularly good.
Vaati has a strong affinity for fire and dislikes the cold.
It is a strange phenomenon but if Vaati is ever defeated or survives a near death situation he automatically becomes stronger.
.: theme song: At the moment I cant think of one that suits the situation, I might add later ^^

` profile template.
i want you to use this profile, fill it out ENTIRELY and then send it to me via PMs.

`sample. /contains explanations; do not copy.
- personal quote. optional. -
.: username: (Simple - your Gaian username)
.: name: (Your character's name. You can include first and last names if you will, but we only need the first name)
.: age: (Your character's age. Please; guardians can't be younger than 14)
.: sex: (The gender of your character. Male or female)
.: race: (Human, Al Bhed, Ronso or Guado. Remember that crossbreeds are okay)
.: guardian? if so, which summoner? (Specify whether you are a guardian or not. Summoners needn't fill this)
.: class: (For guardians, refer to Post Three. For non-guardians, the choice is free)
.: weapon: (What type of weapon does your character wield? Please make it suit their class)

.: appearance: (Pictures are fine, just link them. I'll accept written descriptions as well)
.: personality: (Self-explanitory. At least a few sentences)
.: backstory: (This is virtually inevitable, yet optional. However, backstories will be appreciated and loved)
.: overdrive: (What is the name of their Overdrive, how does it get triggered and what kind of attack is it?)
.: other: (Everything and anything else)
.: theme song: (If you wish to, include a theme song for them)

.: sample post: (At least two paragraphs, so I can determine your literacy)

`final version. /copy this.

[size=9][i]- personal quote. optional. -[/i]
[b].: username:[/b]
[b].: name:[/b]
[b].: age:[/b]
[b].: sex:[/b]
[b].: race:[/b]
[b].: guardian? if so, which summoner?[/b]
[b].: class:[/b]
[b].: weapon:[/b]

[b].: appearance:[/b]
[b].: personality:[/b]
[b].: backstory:[/b]
[b].: overdrive:[/b]
[b].: other:[/b]
[b].: theme song:[/b]

[b].: sample post:[/b] [/size]

` blacklist.
if i blacklist you for not following the rules/Gaia's ToS, discrimination, harrasment or anything along those lines, you must leave the roleplay and your character will be deleted.

- currently, the blacklist is empty. i'm hoping it'll stay like such. -

` other.
`banners.
i'm accepting banners from you guys, and i might try making one myself. i'd greatly appreciate all donations.

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16172427][IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i275/mannequin4/own%20drawings/34901162.png[/IMG][/url]

++[ a i s h i ] made this for us~ lots of thanks. <3

User Image

`affiliates.
if you have a thread you wish to affiliate with mine, please don't hesitate to PM me with a banner and such to your thread. in exchange, you will receive my banner.

` reserved 1/2.

` reserved 2/2.

|[ alright, the thread is open~ feel free to join. ]|

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash