Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
Taro's Art Addiction
Alright, so what's the story?
I'm Taro, and I am an artist myself. What makes me happiest in the whole world? Art of my original Characters. That's where this thread comes in.
So, Here's the Deal.
I'm creating this thread in hopes that I can get some brilliant art of my original characters from you talented people.
In the following post I'll post up information about the character i'm currently collecting pictures of, and although this might change at a later date, I want to collect at least 13 brilliant pictures of Ahd'ar'ohk first.

The Rules
Yeah, I know they're a pain, but this part is important.
If you are interested, please PM me.
No. 1 Play nice. No flaming. If you don't like my characters or anyone else's art, keep it to yourself and leave the thread as quickly as you can.
No. 2 If you choose to do one of my characters, please read the requirements and descriptions as well as looking at the pictures. It helps keep the character looking like something we'll both be pleased with.
No. 3 If I decide not to accept your art, it says nothing of your talent. It merely means I don't think your style is appropriate for this character. In your PM please work the word 'spork' into the pm somewhere to show you've read the rules.
No. 4 Please hangout and chat. Not only would I like to meet some new people, but I'd love to chat about the characters we're working on. Bumping is allowed, and even encouraged, but dialogue always takes priority.
No. 5 If you would like to commission me please refer to my Commissions thread, http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5532641
and link me! (made by Queen Willy)
User Image
With that said, I would like to state my terms.
Methods of Payment.
I am poor. I only make money through commissions. So I don't have a lot to spend. Therefore My first choice in payment is in trade. I'll draw your character or avatar in return for your efforts.
Also, i am willing to pay people through paypal real monies for exceptionally great art.
Please specify what you'd prefer, and how much you charge.

Currently open for Art Trades!

Freebies
These are always welcome. The more the merrier, skill level can be from beginner to pro, anything and everything is appreciated.

Another thing to keep in mind, is that if you spend a lot of time here, (in other words, we become friends) I'll be drawing pictures for the folks who dedicate some of their time and brilliance to my Art Addiction. heart
Current Quest: Ahd'ar'ohk

Ahd'ar'ohk is from my world of Ul-Zaorith (RPG currently running, http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=11885195 ).

His name is Ancient for "He Who Changes The World". He was raised by the God of Prophecy, Chene, and the Goddess of Magic, Vitellia, and he has become the Greatest Mage of All Time, and eventually achieved Godhood himself.
Ahd'ar'ohk is aloof and tries to distance himself from getting too emotionally attached to others because of the cruelty he was subjected to as a child. As an Agrimon, or halfling, he was largely disliked by the Briandynians he spent his youth with, (his mother's people).
In features he sits halfway between the strapping handsomeness of his father and the delicate grace of his mother. His build is slender and graceful, his muscle tone sleek. He stands 5'9" and has a strong and confident posture.
Despite all the fronts and facades, Ahd'ar'ohk is deeply in love with and committed to his world. Although he once loved a woman in his youth, on the path to becomig a Five Point Strong Hero he drew away from personal relationships and sacrificed his personal life for the good of the world.
His strongest traits are Determination, Pride, fearlessness, conviction and a habit of meddling in situations he knows he can help with - even when he shouldn't. I should also mention (although he would deny it) he is a vain creature. Ahd'ar'ohk is breathtakingly beautiful. His eyes are clear and intense crimson, with a slightly almond shape to them, and delicately arched eyebrows. His nose is fine and straight-bridged. His lips are petal-like but still masculine, and his jaw has a strong angle by the ears but tapers at his chin. All of his teeth are small pointed fanglets - he gets this from his mother - and is self-conscious about it. For this reason, he should be shown with his mouth closed.
What I am looking for:
He should be depicted in colours of garnet, black, silver, indigo, navy blue, and/or scarlet.
He should always be depicted wearing his pendant, Hottonia (seen in example 1).
He may be depicted with or without his stave (seen in example 2).
If you would like to show him using his extensive magics, ask and I'll be happy to give a list of a few of his favourite spells and what they look like.

Looking for:
Full Body
(Commissions)
Half Body
(commissions)
Head shots
(commissions)
Chibi
(donations)

Example pictures:
Ahd'ar'ohk Example 1 This is a good example of Ahddy's clothing and colours.
Example 2 This is a good example of more simple clothes, and his Stave and body language.
Example 3 This is a good shot of his hair and facial features.
Example 4 And this is an example of Ahddy in modern cloths (please don't draw him in modern clothing unless I request it) But it displays his build and colours.
Example 5 This is the most current picture I've drawn of Ahd'ar'ohk, and is the most accurate. It includes examples of his clothing, his stave and his runework. Oo. Aah. I'm currently working on colouring this...but it may take a while. *tries to do a nice job*
User Image Ahddy Eye Candy...
Current Commissions:

Where you can see my collection:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?page=10&t=12202410#712650753

Artists:
TrueVelocity
Zain Akkla

Finished Commissions:
Leonal
One-Vox
Naughty Koolaid

Art Trades:
Halacalaba (done)
Balo
ringdove
Moonblossom
RINT (done)
Tedstill (done)
Queen Willy (done)
heart People to Love: heart
Balo
Halacalaba
Kurai
Izahru
Zain Akkla
TrueVelocity
Queen Willy
Tedstill
Hakuyako

evil People to Hate: evil
~Let's keep this Empty, eh, folks?~
Other Characters:

Arius Amonte
Arius Amonte is from my manga Zodiac~Books~12. He is the handsome lad in my signature and he is my favourite from that story. He's the Aries of the group. He is passionate, intelligent, fiery and resolute. When Arius wants to do something. He's going to do it, no matter what. Arius is also a self-proclaimed queer, and was a bit of a tramp for a while..although his settling down with Arcann Majors gives me the warm squishies.
Arius is half Italian and half American, giving him that healthy olive glowing skin of the Italians, but with far less body hair. He's got auburn hair and indigo eyes, a killer grin, and stands about 6'2". His build is sinewy and wirey from years of fighting and scrapping while being underfed and beaten on a regular basis. He still has 12 scars on his back from various beatings from his childhood.

Examples Pictures
Arius Amonte
User Image
example 1
User Image
example 2

Taro Rae
Taro is the Libra from Zodiac~Books~12, and is cute and a big uke. He's bisexual as opposed to gay, but with an a** that fine...he really can't help but get molested by guys all the time. Poor blushy Taro...
As you may have noticed, Taro is my namesake. He's me, more or less... Only my hair isn't really blue in real life. ^^;
Anyway, Taro is an Artist too, and he loves to draw the beautiful people he sees. I must say he's a better artist than I am, though. Everything for Taro is about balance and acceptance.
Taro stands 5'4" (3 inches taller than me... *weep*) and has a medium build with a bit of muscle that is hidden under a squishy and super-soft surface. His favourite colours are black, blue and certain shades of green. He also loves garnet red and hematite jewelry. His fashion sense revolves around baggy pants like cords or cargo pants, and he owns so many pairs of pants that zip off into skater shorts. He loves sweaters and dress shirts, and loves to wear pendants, collars or neck ties. Overall he's preppy with a lit punk thrown in. He also has two holes pierced in each earlobe and a hole in his upper right ear.

Example Pictures
Taro Rae
User Image
example 1
And now I open this up...
Welcome...
mornin' bump session commences sweatdrop
Hmmm, I doubtfully think my sketch/scan/color art would
intrest you....but I'll prolly end up trying anyways.
And I'm almost tempted to draw something outmost random
and hilarious of that character on my computer. >x<
Hey! Thanks for dropping by...
I'm interested in all arts you might produce... I'm going to have a look at your stuff...
I like the boy with the hat, just above Kurone... good colours and lines.
Welcome Prof.
I like your outfit, the greens are really rich.
I would love to draw some of your characters for you. *smiles* In fact, I might start later today...

My style is manga.
Thank you so much Ailokeke! I look forward to seeing what you draw...
I'll be hanging out here for a bit... Working on monkey clasps, but I'm here
Oh, got a new picture to post...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas