Welcome to Gaia! ::

So the Satan was all "This is MY Heaven" and God was all like "Nuh-uh, GIRLFRIEND!" -snap- -snap-

This is a recruiting thread for a literate RP set in the Lord of the Rings Era, so that makes it kind of like fantasy, just so you know.

Directory

*Directory*

Explanation

Rules/ Guildelines

Story Line

Locations

Application

Banners

Updates

Prophecies of the Dragon

Reserved

Reserved
Explanation

Directory
*Explanation*
Rules/Guidelines
Story Line
Locations
Application
Banners
Updates
Prophecies of the Dragon
Reserved
Reserved

Alright, as you have undoubtedly guessed, this post is going to explain this thread to you. But you're all literate, hopefully, so you didn't need me to explain that.

I'm looking for a group of dedicated literates who will not leave me hanging after a few pages of and RP and who can, effectively, move along the story of an RP. That way, the RP is not stuck in the same place for pages with nothing eventful happening. If you think that you can do that, move on to the next post. If you think you cannot do that, feel free to click on the community link at the top of the page and find another RP that suites you.
Rules/ Guidelines

You can find the definitions of unfamiliar words here.

Directory
Explanation
*Rules/Guidelines*
Story Line
Locations
Applications
Banners
Updates
Prophecies of the Dragon
Reserved
Reserved

~Rules~

-Read Everything
-I reserve the right to change the rules and guidelines whenever I feel like it, and you reserve the right to read them when I do
-Be literate or above
-Use proper grammar-I am a little loose about spelling errors because everybody makes mistakes but poor grammar drives me crazy
-Be courteous of others
-Pay attention to what the others are saying so you know what's going on
-Keep it pg-15
-Stick to the story, don't use non-existant species
-The only accessable locations are going to be listed below, they will be even more specific and strict when I manage to upload the city and world maps
-No God moding
-Some characters will die, that is the way it is in real life. If you die, you may create a new character or wait for another character to bring you back to life.
-Post your profile here with the words white wolf somewhere int it, so I know the rules have been read.
-If you have a female Avatar, you must have a female character and a male Avatar must have a male character
-Write only in third person and no astericks to mark actions, after all, this is a literate RP
-Complimenting me in your profile allows me to overlook the occasional typo, keep that in mind.
-Must state location in bold at the top of every post. (Ie. Location~Dreidolan~Pub~The Steedless Knight))
-If you notice any spelling/grammar errors in the introduction posts, please let me know.
-I am open to any opinions about how to make this RP better or where to go with the story, just PM me and we can talk
-Indicate when you're out of character with (())
-Each post needs to be at least two paragraphs, the occasional writer's block is acceptable, but OCCASIONAL is the key word. Description is a good thing to use when you post, so use it. If you're in the same place for a long time, don't keep describing the location, describe the changes in the way your character feels.
-This is set in the second age. As such, the harshest cursing that goes on are things like "burn you" or "bloody" No "damn you", "s**t", "********" you know, no common curse words.
-READ EVERYTHING

~Guidelines~

~GUIDELINES~

The Following are the ONLY allowed races (I may add to this list later)

- Human (These are the regular people, blacksmiths, innkeepers, etc...)
- *Children of the Light (Humans that strongly oppose the Aes Sedai and blame them for the first Breaking of the World, which is not entirely untrue, seeing as the male Aes Sedai were the ones that broke the world the first time, after going crazy from the Dark One's taint on the male half of the One Power, Saidin. The Children claim that if the Aes Sedai are not destroyed, they will break the world again.)
- *Aes Sedai (Women who have been highly trained in the art of channelling the One Power. There are NO males Aes Sedai, seeing as the Red Ajah is quick to gentle any man who show event the slightest sign of being able to channel. There are seven Ajahs [more info on Ajahs in the character sheet])
- *Ogier (Tall humanoid beings that live for many hundreds of years though they are not immortal. They have cat-like ears and long, drooping eyebrows. The are extremely gifted with building. Once, a long time ago, before the Breaking of the World, there were a great many Ogier who could sing to trees and other plants to make them grow. After the Breaking, when the world was rearranged, many Ogier could not get back to their Stedding and were killed by something called the longing. Since then, there have not been many Ogier who can sing to the Trees. Ogier are very smart due to their age, and when they tell a story about something, they tell many details. There used to be Ogier Groves in many cities, and it angers most Ogier that they have been cut down so that buildings can be put in their place. If you wish to be an Ogier, let me know which Stedding you are from.)
- *Trollocs (Blood thirsty beings who are part human and part other ramdom animals, most commonly rams. Work for the Dark One. They are often times bound to a Fade and therefore, when the Myddraal is killed, the trollocs bound to them don't generally outlive them long.)
-*Myddraal (AKA, Fades. Pale, faceless cloaked beings that strike fear into even the bravest of hearts. Wolves hate them and call them Neverborns, so do Wolfbrothers.)
-*Aiel (A human race that lives in the Aiel Waste. When they're going to kill a person, they veil their faces. Females that choose to "marry the spear" are called Maidens of the Spear. Only someone who has read the Wheel of Time books and can prove that they have significant understanding of the Aiel may choose this race. It is basically an artform and I won't accept people to be it lightly. The downfall is that they are slightly ignorant to the ways of other humans and their customs are comfusing, and they are afraid of large amounts of water. Many of them spend most of their time searching for 'He Who Comes With The Dawn'. They are secretly known as the people of the Dragon, but only Clan Chiefs and Wise Ones ever mention it, and then sparingly and only to each other. They are loyal to the Aes Sedai and treat them kindly due to the fact that they failied them in the past, though very few know how they failed them. There are many different Septs and Clans. NOTE: If you wish to be an Aiel, you must tell be which Sept and clan you are from. For more info on the Aiel Septs and Clans, click on the link.. You may NOT choose to be Jenn Aiel, seeing as it is believe that they are extinct. If you wish to be of a warrior societly, also let me know that.)

*The above are the original ideas of Robert Jordan and I take no credit in inventing them myself.

Other things to keep in mind

~The Dark One will sometimes appear in a character's sleep, and it is impossible to prevent. Each character must go to sleep once in a while.
~Only the Aes Sedai and ONE male that I choose myself will be able to use magic. The only kind of magic that is used in this RP is called Channeling. If anyone wants a detailed example of channelling, PM me and I will write one for you. It is NOTHING like the way people use magic in storied such as Harry Potter. There is an art to it and Channelling too much can kill a person.
~No one is to kill the Dark One by his real name, Shai'tan, for it brings the speaker extremely bad luck. Common names for him are the Dark One, the Father of Lies, and Ba'alzamon.

If these rules and guidelines are reasonable, feel free to go on to the next post, if not, feel free to leave.
~Story Line~

Directory
Explanation
Rules/Guidelines
*Story Line*
Locations
Applications
Banners
Updates
Prophecies of the Dragon
Reserved
Reserved

Roads all over the world were dark these days. The return of the Dark One, an evil man bound in Shayol Ghul by the Creator in the moment of Creation, was near and no one wanted to believe it, though all the signs were there, signs of prophecies being fulfilled. Prophecies speaking of a man who would save the world, but, in turn, destroy it.

~Two Thousand Years In The Past

The palace still shook occasionally as the earth rumbled in memory, groaned as if it would deny what had happened. Bars of sunlight cast through rents in the walls made motes of dust glitter where they yet hung in the air. Scorch-marks marred the walls, the floors, the ceilings. Broad black smears crossed the blistered paints and gilt of once-bright murals, soot overlaying crumbled friezes of men and animals which seemed to have attempted to walk before the madness grew quiet.

The dead lay everywhere, men and women and children, struck down in attempted flight by the lightnings that had flashed down every corridor, or seized by the fires that had stalked them, or sunken into stone of the palace, the stones that had flown and sought, almost alive, before stillness came again.

In odd counterpoint, colorful tapestries and paintings, masterworks all, hung undisturbed except where bulging walls had pushed them awry. Finely carved furnishings, inlaid with ivory and gold, stood untouched except where rippling floors had topped them. The mind-twisting had struck at the core, ignoring peripheral things.

Lews Therin Telamon wandered the palace, deftly keeping his balance when the earth heaved. "Ilyena! My love, where are you?" The edge of his pale gray cloak trailed through blood as he stepped across the body of a woman, her golden-haired beauty marred by the horror of her last moments, her still open eyes frozen in disbelief. "Where are you, my wife? Where is everyone hiding?"

His eyes caught his own reflection in a mirror hanging askew from bubbled marble. His clothes had been regal once, in gray and scarlet and gold; now the finely-woven cloth, brought by merchants from across the World Sea, was torn and dirty, thick with the same dust that covered his hair and skin. For a moment he fingered the symbol on his cloak, a circle half white and half black, the colors separated by a sinuous line. It meant something, that symbol. But the embroidered circle could not hold his attention long. He gazed at his own image with as much wonder. A tall man just into his middle years, handsome once, but now with his hair already more white than brown and a face lined by strain and worry, dark eyes that had seen too much. Lews Therin began to chuckle, then threw back his head; his laughter echoed down the lifeless halls.

"Ilyena, my love! Come to me, my wife! You must see this."

Behind him the air rippled, shimmered, solidified into a man who looked around, his mouth twisting briefly with distaste. Not so tall as Lews Therin, he was clothed all in black, save for the show-white lace at his throat and the silverwork on the turned-down tops of his thigh-high boots. He stepped carefully, handling his cloak fastidiously to avoid brushing the dead. The floor trembled with aftershocks, but his attention was fixed on the man staring into the mirror and laughing.

"Lord of the Morning," he said, "I have come for you."

The laughter cut off as if it had never been, and Lews Therin turned, seeming unsurprised. "Ah, a guest. Have you the Voice, stranger? It will soon be time for the Singing, and here all are welcome to take part. Ilyena, my love, we have a guest. Ilyena, where are you?"

The black-clad man's eyes widened, darted to the body of the golden-haired woman, then back to Lews Therin. "Shai'tan take you, does the taint already have you so far in its grip?"

"That name. Shai-" Lews Therin shuddered and raised a hand as though to ward off something. "You mustn't say that name. It is dangerous."

"So, you remember that much, at least. Dangerous for you, fool, not for me. What else do you remember? Remember, you Light-blinded idiot! I will not let it end with you swaddled in unawareness! Remember!"

For a moment Lews Therin stared at his raised hand, fascinated by the patterns of grime. Then he wiped his hand on his even dirtier coat and turned his attention back to the other man. "Who are you? What do you want?"

The black-clad man drew himself up arrogantly. "Once I was called Elan Morin Tedonrai, but now-"

"Betrayer of Hope." It was a whisper from Lews Therin. Memory stirred, but he turned his head, shying away from it.

"So you do remember some things. yes, Betrayer of Hope. So men have named me, just as they named you Dragon, but unlike you I embrace the name. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it. What will you do with your name? After this day, men will call you Kinslayer. What will you do with that?" Lews Therin frowned down the ruined hall. "Ilyena should be here to offer a guest welcome," he murmured absently, then raised his voice. "Ilyena, where are you?" The floor shook; the golden-haired woman's body shifted as if in answer to his call. His eyes did not see her.

Elan morin grimaced. "Look at you," he said scornfully. "Once you stood first among the Servants. Once you wore the Ring of Tamyrlin, and sat in the High Seat. Once you summoned the Nine Rods of Dominion. But it is not enough. You humbled me in the Hall of Servants. You defeated me at the Gates of Paaran Disen. But I am the greater, now. I will not let you die without knowing that. When you die, your last thought will be the full knowledge of your defeat, of how complete and utter it is. If I let you die at all."

"I cannot imagine what is keeping Ilyena. she will give me the rough side of her tongue if she thinks I have been hiding a guest from her. I hope you enjoy conversation, for she surely does. Be forewarned. Ilyena will ask you so many questions you may end up telling her everything you know."

Tossing back his black cloak, Elan Morin flexed his hands. "A pity for you," he mused, "that one of your Sisters is not here. I was never very skilled at Healing, and I follow a different power now. But even one of them could only give you a few lucid moments if you did not destroy her first. What I can do will serve as well, for my purposes." His sudden smile was cruel. "But I fear Shai'tan's healing is different from the sort you know. Be healed, Lews Therin!" He extended his hands, and the light dimmed as if a shadow had been laid across the sun.

Pain blazed in Lews Therin, and he screamed, a scream that came from his depths, a scream he could not stop. Fire seared his marrow; acid rushed along his veins.

He toppled backwards, crashing to the marble floor; his head struck the stone and rebounded. His heart pounded, trying to beat its way out of his chest, and every pulse gushed new flame through him. Helplessly he convlused, thrashing, his skull a sphere of purest agony on the point of bursting. His hoarse screams reverberated through the palace.

Slowly, ever so slowly, the pain receded. The outflowing seemed to take a thousand years and left him twitching weakly, sucking breath through a raw throat. Another thousand years seemed to pass before he could manage to heave himself over, muscles like jellyfish, and shakily push himself up on hands and knees. His eyes fell on the golden-haired woman, and the scream that was ripped out of him dwarfed every sound he had made before. Tottering, almost falling, he scrabbled brokenly across the floor to her. It took every bit of his strength to pull her up into his arms. His hands shook as he smoothed her hair back from her staring face.

"Ilyena! Light help me, Ilyena!" His body curved around hers protectively, his sobs the full-throated cries of a man who had nothing left to live for. "Ilyena, no,no!"

"You can have her back, Kinslayer. The Great Lord of the Dark can make her live again, if you will serve him. If you will serve me."

Lews Therin raised his head, and the black-clad man took an involuntary step back from that gaze. "Ten years, Betrayer," Lews Therin said softly, the sound of steel being bared. "Ten years your foul master has wracked the world. And now this. I will..."

"Ten years! You pitiful fool! This war has not lasted ten years, but since the beginning of time! You and I have fought a thousand battles with the turning of the Wheel, a thousand times a thousand, and we will fight until time dies and the Shadow is triumphant!" He finished in a shout, with a raised fist, and it was Lews Therin's turn to pull back, breath catching at the glow in the Betrayer's eyes.

Carefully Lews Therin laid Ilyena down, fingers gently brushing her hair. Tears blurred his vision as he stood, but his voice was iced iron. "For what you have done, there can be no forgiveness, Betrayer, but for Ilyena's death I will destroy you beyond anything your master can repair. Prepare to-"

"Remember, you fool! Remember your futile attack on the Great Lord of the Dark! Remember his counterstroke! Remember! Even now the Hundred Companions are tearing the world apart, and every day a hundred men more join them! What hand slew Ilyena Sunhair, Kinslayer? Not mine. Not mine. What hand struck down every life that bore a drop of your blood, everyone who loved you, everyone you loved? Not mine, Kinslayer. Not mine. Remember, and know the price of opposing Shai'tan!"

Sudden sweat made tracks down Lews Therin's face through the dust and dirt. He remembered, a cloudy memory like a dream of a dream, but he knew it true.

His howl beat at the walls, the howl of a man who had discovered his soul damned by his own hand and he clawed at his face as if to tear away the sight of what he had done. Everywhere he looked his eyes found the dead. Torn they were, or broken or burned, or half-consumed by stone. Everywhere lay lifeless faces he knew, faces he loved. Old servants and friends of his childhood, faithful companions through the long years of battle. His own sons and daughters, sprawled like broken dolls, play stilled forever. All slain by his hand. His children's faces accused him, blank eyes asking why, and his tears were no answer. The Betrayer's laughter flogged him, drowned out his howls. He could not bear the faces, the pain. He could not bear to remain any longer. Desperately he reached out to the True Source, to tainted saidin,and he Traveled.

The land around him was flat and empty. A river flowed nearby straight and broad, but he could sense that there were no people within a hundred leagues. He was alone, as alone as a man could be while still alive, yet he could not escape memories. The eyes pursued him through the endless caverns of his mind. He could not hide from them. His children's eyes. Ilyena's eyes. Tears glistened on his cheeks as he turned his face to the sky.

"Light, forgive me!" He did not believe it could come, forgiveness. Not for what he had done. But he shouted to the sky anyway, begged for what he did not believe he could receive. "Light, forgive me!"

He was still touching saidin,the male half of the power that drove the universe, that turned the Wheel of Time, and he could feel the oily taint fouling its surface the taint of the Shadow's counterstroke, the taint that doomed the world. Because of him. Because in his pride he had believed that men could match the Creator, could mend what the Creator had made and they had broken. In his pride he had believed.

He drew on the True Source deeply, and still more deeply, like a man dying of thirst. Quickly he had drawn more of the One Power than he could channel unaided; his skin felt as if it were aflame.

Straining, he forced himself to draw more, tried to draw it all.

"Light, forgive me! Ilyena!"

The air turned to fire, the fire to light liquefied. The bolt that struck from the heavens would have seared and blinded any eye that glimpsed it, even for an instant, from the heavens it came, blazed through Lewis Therin Telamon, bored into the bowels of the earth. Stone turned to vapor at its touch. The earth thrashed and quivered like a living thing in agony.

Only a heartbeat did the shining bar exist, connecting ground and sky, but even after it vanished the earth yet heaved like the sea in a storm. Molten rock fountained five hundred feet in the air, and the goraning ground rose, thrusting the burning spray ever upward, ever higher. From north and south, from east and west, the wind howled in, snapping trees like twigs and blowing as if to aid the growing mountain ever skyward. Ever skyward.

At last the wind died, the earth stilled to trembling mutters. Of Lews Therin Telamon, no sign remained. Where he had stood a mountain now rose miles into the sky, molten lava still gushing from its broken peak. The broad, straight river had been pushed into a curve away from the mountain, and there it split to form a long island in its midst. The shadow of the mountain almost reached the island; it lay dark across the land like the ominous hand of prophecy.

For a time the dull, protesting rumbles of the earth were the only sound. On the island, the air shimmered and coalesced. The black-clad man stood staring at the fiery mountain rising out of the plain. His face twisted in rage and contempt. "You cannot escape so easily, Dragon! It is not done between us. It we'll not be done until the end of time" Then he was gone, and the mountain and the island stood alone. Waiting.

~Current Day~

The seals of the Dark One's prison are weakening, his influence on the world is growing stronger. Talk of Darkfriends and the rebirth of the Dragon scare people into hiding. the Dark One's return is upon the world, and no one wants to face it. But one man must, for it is his destiny, the real dragon IS reborn.

((Any questions, PM me and I'll be glad to answer them.))
~Locations/Maps~

World Map
~Applications~

Directory
Explanation
Rules/Guidelines
Story Line
Locations
*Applications*
Banners
Updates
Prophecies of the Dragon
Reserved
Reserved

Username:
Character Name:
Home Town: (One of the places on the map, choose one.)
Appearance: (No See Avatar. Can use a picture if it matches the description of the race that you want to be.)
Weapons: (NOTE: This takes place during the Second Age, so there are no guns or freakish weapons)
Occupation: (A normal one, Ie, blacksmith, innkeeper, pub owener, etc. or, a special one, Ie. Aes Sedaie, Warder, darkfriend, etc. If you want to be a warder, let me know, I would have to find you an Aes Sedai to be matched with. ONLY MALES CAN BE WARDERS AND ONLY FEMALES CAN BE AES SEDAI If Aes Sedai, which ajah? [Click the link to explore ajahs])
Personality:
Biography: (No amnesia, that's the easy way out)
If you have read the books: You are allowed to use any one of the following skills with your character, seeing as you would know the extent of the usage. Wolfbrother, Dreamer, Reading peoples Auras. If I left any out, and you know of them, let me know.
Other:
Sample of RP:

~Premades (Click on the names for indebth descriptions~NOTE: most premades can only be played by someone who has read at least the first four of Jordan's books.)

-Premades that require to have read some of the books. Typed profiles will be added soon. If you'd like, you can make your own profile. If you've read some of the books, it shouldn't be challenging.

Moraine Sedai
al'Lan Mandragoran
Perrin Aybara
Matrim Cauthon
Thom
Elayne
Nynaeve(sp)
Min
Faile

-Pre-mades that solely require RP experience.

Username: (Your username)
Character Name: Lanfear the Forsaken
Race: Human/Forsaken
Home Town: Unknown
Appearance: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Weapons: None
Personality: Sly, tempting. Extremely persuasive and slightly demanding.
Biography: Lanfear, which means Daughter of the Night, was born Mierin Eronaile. She is considered to be the most powerful female of the Chosen, as the Forsaken call themselves. In her early life, she was involved in a relationship with Lews Therin Telamon himself, but he broke it off when he realized Mierin desired only power. This seems to be true; even when serving the Dark One, she seems to put her needs first, baffling her fellow Chosen. She is stunningly beautiful. She has always loved Lews Therin, even after he broke off with her. She believed he would have continued loving her if not for Ilyena, the woman Lews Therin married. She has transferred her love for Lews to Rand, as well as the rest of her conflicted feelings.
Other: (Anyone can play her as long as they stick to her personality and her love for the Dragon Reborn.)
Sample of RP: (Your sample here)
~Banners~

Directory
Explanation
Rules/Guidelines
Story Line
Locations
Applications
*Banners*
Updates
Prophecies of the Dragon
Reserved
Reserved

~CURRENTLY NONE~
~Updates~

Directory
Explanation
Rules/Guidelines
Story Line
Locations
Applications
Banners
*Updates*
Prophecies Of The Dragon
Reserved
Reserved

~Prophecies of the Dragon~

Directory
Explanation
Rules/Guidelines
Story Line
Locations
Applications
Banners
Updates
*Prophecies Of The Dragon*
Reserved
Reserved

These are VERY crucial, because throughout the PR, they must be fulfilled by the person that agrees tto play the Dragon Reborn.m You do not need to understand the Prophecies for you to be in the RP, they are just there for a reference.

~The Prophecies

"One of the Prophecies says that the Stone of Tear will never fall until the People of the Dragon come to the Stone. Another says the Stone will never fall till the Sword That Cannot Be Touched is wielded by the Dragon's hand."

"And it shall come to pass that what men made shall be shattered, and the Shadow shall lie across the Pattern of the Age, and the Dark One shall once more lay his hand upon the world of man. Women shall weep and men quail as the nations of the earth are rent like rotting cloth. Neither shall anything stand nor abide...
Yet one shall be born to face the Shadow, born once more as he was born before and shall be born again, time without end. The Dragon shall be Reborn, and there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth at his rebirth. In sackcloth and ashes shall he clothe the people, and he shall break the world again by his coming, tearing apart all ties that bind. Like the unfettered dawn shall he blind us, and burn us, yet shall the Dragon Reborn confront the Shadow at the Last Battle, and his blood shall give us the Light. Let tears flow, O ye people of the world. Weep for your salvation."

"And prophecy said it would only be found just in time for the Last Battle." (of the Horn of Valere)

"For he shall come like the breaking dawn, and shatter the world again with his coming, and make it anew."

"The Karaethon Cycle says that the Dragon will be reborn on the slopes of Dragonmount, where he died during the Breaking of the World."

"He will be of the ancient blood, and raised by the old blood."

"When the winds of Tarmon Gai'don scour the earth, he will face the Shadow and bring forth Light again in the world."

"Five ride forth, four return. Above the watchers shall he proclaim himself, bannered cross the sky in fire."

"Twice and twice shall he be marked,
twice to live and twice to die.
Once the heron, to set his path.
Twice the heron, to name him true.
Once the Dragon, for remembrance lost.
Twice the Dragon, for the price he must pay."

"Twice dawns the day when his blood is shed.
Once for mourning, once for birth.
Red on black, the Dragon's blood stains the rock of Shayol Ghul.
In the Pit of Doom shall his blood free men from the Shadow."

"The blood of the Dragon Reborn on the rocks of Shayol Ghul will free mankind from the Shadow."
He "shall slay his people with the sword of peace, and destroy them with the leaf." He "shall bind the nine moons to serve him." He will heal "wounds of madness and cutting of hope." What chains has he broken, and who put into chains? "

"On the slopes of Dragonmount shall he be born, born of a maiden wedded to no man."

"The Shadow shall rise across the world, and darken every land, even to the smallest corner, and there shall be neither Light nor safety. And he who shall be born of the Dawn, born if the Maiden, according to Prophecy, he shall stretch forth his hands to catch the Shadow, and the world shall scream in the pain of salvation. All Glory be to the Creator, and to the Light, and to he who shall be born again. May the Light save us from him."

"Power of the Shadow made human flesh,
wakened to turmoil, strife, and ruin.
The Reborn One, marked and bleeding,
dances the sword in dreams and mist,
chains the Shadowsworn to his will,
from the city, lost and forsaken,
leads the spears to war once more,
breaks the spears and makes them see,
truth long hidden in the ancient dream."

"Into the heart he thrusts his sword,
into the heart, to hold their hearts.
Who draws it out shall follow after,
What hand can grasp that fearful blade?"

"With his coming are the dread fires born again. The hills burn, and the land turns sere. The tides of men run out, and the hours dwindle. The wall is pierced, and the veil of parting raised. Storms rumble beyond the horizon, and the fires of heaven purge the earth. There is no salvation
without destruction, no hope this side of death."

"The unstained tower breaks and bends knee to the forgotten sign."

"The unstained tower breaks and bends knee to the forgotten sign.
The seas rage, and stormclouds gather unseen.
Beyond the horizon, hidden fires swell, and serpents nestle in the bosom.
What was exacted is cast down; what was cast down is raised up.
Order burns to clear his path."

"There can be no health in us, nor any good thing grow, for the land is one with the Dragon Reborn, and he one with the land. Soul of fire, heart of stone, in pride he conquers, forcing the proud to yield. He calls upon the mountains to kneel, and the seas to give way, and the very skies to bow. Pray that the heart of stone remembers tears, and the soul of fire, love." - From a much-disputed translation of The Prophecies of the Dragon by the poet Kyera Termendal, of Shiota, believed to have been published between FY 700 and FY 800.

"As the plow breaks the earth shall he break the lives of men, and all that was shall be consumed in the fire of his eyes. The trumpets of war shall sound at his footsteps, the ravens feed at his voice, and he shall wear a crown of swords."

"The north shall he tie to the east, and the west shall be bound to the
south."

"Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm, wearer of a crown of swords, spinner-out of fate. Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time, may learn the truth too late." - From a fragmentary translation of The Prophecies of the Dragon, attributed to Lord Mangore Kiramin, Sword-bard of Aramaelle and Warder to Caraighan Maconar, into what was then called the vulgar tongue (circa 300 AB).

"The seals that hold back night shall weaken,
and in the heart of winter shall winter's heart be born
amid the wailing of lamentations and the gnashing of teeth,
for winter's heart shall ride a black horse,
and the name of it is Death."

"The Dragon Reborn must kneel before the Crystal Throne before Tarmon Gai'don, or all is lost."

"And it shall come to pass, in the days when the Dark Hunt rides, when the right hand falters and the left hand strays, that mankind shall come to the Crossroads of Twilight and all that is, all that was, and all that will be shall balance on the point of a sword, while the winds of the Shadow grow."

"Fortune rides like the sun on high
with the fox that makes the ravens fly.
Luck his soul, the lightning his eye,
He snatches the moons from out of the sky."

They will not need to be fulfilled in that order, but they will all need to be fulfilled before the "final battle." NOTE: If you wish to be Rand Al'thor, aka, the Dragon Reborn, I ask that you have read at least the first four books in the Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan. (Or else I fear that you will not understand QUITE what it takes to be the Dragon Reborn.)
~RESERVED~
~RESERVED~
This Thread is now officially open!
Username: Morphine Season
Character Name: Tae
Race: Human
Home Town: Mayene

Appearance: Tae

Weapons: Cestuses and/or leather gloves (Cestuses are gloves with iron plates on the knuckles) Greaves (leg armor that can also be used as a weapon for kick attacks)

Occupation: Tae makes most of her earnings as a fist-for-hire. Since she is a woman, and most believe she is inferior to a man, most of her jobs are simply making sure drunks don't get too courageous in the local pubs and quickly disposes of them if they start a brawl; while others may include keeping guard of any minor nobility passing through Mayene or the areas around it. Tae will steal anything she is in need of.

Personality: Tae is typically strong-willed and reserved. Her blunt honesty has gotten her into quite a few fights and, in fact, that is how she learned her unrefined combat skills. One dimension of Tae is placid and observant, listening more than speaking, and retaining as much information as she can in order to learn of any potential job opportunities. Another side of the young woman is dreamy and far-off, making her seemingly unapproachable and impenetrable; while she is quite the opposite: one can strike up conversation easily with her, but should expect that she does not give much input on the subject. Tae secretly has every hopeless romantic's ideals: wanting to find the perfect man and settling down to have children. She views every person as a balance of good and bad.

Tae holds the memory of her late mother very dear to her and places every aspect of her death upon her shoulders. She has learned to move forward, but still is known to cry without warning at the loss.

Biography: Tae was raised by her mother only, who was a barwench reknowned through Mayene as being a whore on the side. As young Tae, known as Wyome until her mother's death, grew surrounded by hateful rumors she slowly learned to resent her mother. Although her mother, whose name was Ryllita Elsafin, was a kind and graceful woman who always provided Tae (Wyome) with anything needed in raising a child, her daughter rejected her and fled to a nearby town larger than Mayene on her fourteenth birthday. Two years later, when Wyome returned to Mayene, she discovered that Ryllita had passed, not eating or drinking in the absence of her beloved daughter. Upon visiting her grave, Tae saw only the middle part of the name Ryllita Elsafin [ta E] and thus derived her alias from it. Since then, she travels and offers her services to anyone who is willing to buy it.

Other: Tae's real name is Wyome Elsafin, but using it brings depression and dismal memories of her mother.

Sample of RP: Evangeline glared up at her sister; if the one who said that the eyes were the mirror into the soul, then anyone could tell that inside Evangeline was writhing in anger, embitterment, and frustration.

"You do not comprehend me, do you?" she snarled at her sister. "Do You?!"

The elder angel rose from her position on the ground to her full height of five feet eight inches, hoping to intimidate Evealynnia into submission. Evangeline couldn't count how many times her sister tried to coax her into performing some sort of ill-fated crusade. Feed the hungry, bury the dead, any one of those wretched tasks appointed to angels simply to do God's dirty work.

The last thing Evangeline wanted was to return to heaven where she would be looked down upon for loving and then murdering a human. The discrimination would be overwhelming. The sideways glances from His pure angels would make her insides boil like the magma that inhabited the lowest regions of hell.

"I shall never go back to that place," Evangeline whispered in a deadly tone, a voice she gained only after her crime. "Which piece of that eludes you, Evealynnia?"

Before Evangeline's charge chose another woman over her, she was as any angel would be imagined to be: Cheerful, intelligent, pure, and generous. God was truly proud of His daughters, for they were perhaps the most treasured of the Guardians. But now, she was sure, God had turned his head from them; left them to wither away.

"If you wish to go back to Him, then go," Evangeline told Evealynnia as she turned from her younger twin. "I shall not stop you. But do not expect me to follow you." Of course she didn't want her sister, the only one who ever stood by her side through all of her faults and mistakes, to leave her. But if the younger angel truly wanted to return to heaven, Evangeline would not attempt to dissuade her.

White wolf
Ok, Morphine! That's perfect, you're in!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff