Welcome to Gaia! ::

Metal News, and User Requested Reviews.

Introduction
This thread has been created by a few regulars from the metal forum to collectively write reviews and bring all you 'gaians' metal news and information. This will almost reflect the format in which a magazine is run. In the second post, you will find Current events in the metal world. The third to sixth posts will be each reviewers space to post their reviews.

The Thread Reviewers and 'Editors' are:

In the order they appear: Love_is_destructive, KingDiamond, Paganworship, Owentheyo,

User Image

Purpose of this thread

This thread is basically a mini-magazine hosted on Gaia. We want you to give us albums to listen to, and review, but we will also review new releases. There will also be frequently updated news, that will help you to figure out what is happening in the metal scene. This will NOT be a mainstream metal ordeal, most of the bands you will see being reviewed, or any news about, are probably not in the mainstream, and most of you who will probably frequent this thread will not need to read that last statement.

Rules

There are very few rules:
1. When requesting a review, post the band, then the album seperating both with a dash. Somewhat like this: Trollfest - Willkommen folk tell drekka fest!!

2. Don't spam the thread with random comments, however, discussion on albums or news events is highly encouraged. No one wants to have to scroll through crap to find something relevant.

3. We would like to try to stick with doing metal reviews, but the odd non-metal album will be accepted. Make discussions relevant, if you get off topic with someone, please continue it with PMs.

4. No Flaming, Trolling, or any of that Bullshit, you know what that means... Just DON'T do it.

5. Please don't quote the entire news, or any of the reviews as it will stretch the page... thank you.

Last Words

This could be a Very interesting and Fulfilling project, and if you don't see your request reviewed right away, be patient, it does take time to write and format these. You can repeat your request at any time... but do give us time please. Again, be encouraged to take part in discussion of the current events, albums reviewed, and please Comment when your requested review is finished, we would love to hear your Feedback.

As a final final note, this is an extension to my idea with the 'User Requested Review Thread(s).' the first thread was fairly successful, and the second Sparked this whole idea, so i began preparations for this one. Thank you all for your support, and above all ENJOY.

About News
I'm too busy too always look for news... so if anyone has anything they'd wish for others to see, please, PM me, or if you have me on msn, tell me, and I'll put it up.

I will of course look when I can, but I'd also like some help because what I might find important might not be important to someone else.

thanks!

Reviews in the Works

Lykathea Aflame- Elvenefris
Monolithe - Monolithe I
Solefald - In Harmonia Universali
Paradise Lost - One Second
Black Forest (RUS) - Sadness
Virgin Black - Sombre Romantic
November's Doom - Of Sculptured Ivy And Stone Flowers
Either Lord Gore albums
A Neurosis album
Stormwitch - Beauty And The Beast
Anthrax - Fistful of Metal
Summoning - Dol Guldur
Geoff Tate - Geoff Tate
Loudness - Thunder In The East
Reverend Bizarre - II: Crush The Insects
Metallica - Ride The Lightning
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Slayer - Show No Mercy
Testament - Practice What You Preach
Exodus - Bonded By Blood.
Overkill - The Years Of Decay
Moonsorrow - Suden Uni
Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime
Arcturus
Sentenced, either Amok or North From Here
Coroner- R.I.P
Devil Doll - The Girl Who Was ... Death
Agalloch - The Mantle
Ritual Day - Sky Lake

To find any of the past reviews go to this link:
http://www.geocities.com/kickuinatree@rogers.com/index.html?1137103551593
Once upon a time, a small urchin was walking down a country path. The moon bore down on the road, which wound intricately and many trees stood on his right side, a fence to his left. And as he gazed into the darkness enveloping many trees, a small flower by some roots caught his attention. They boy knelt down and plucked it gently, then swallowed it.
Continuing his walk, he was forced to stop seconds later. His jaw jarred and then dropped, his head tilted backwards and out of his throat gargled a small baby named owentheyo.
Needless to say, the boy heamorrhaged to death, but on that misty night the world was changed forever...
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
KING DIAMOND REVIEWS

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
Banners
User Image

User Image
Resources Used

User Image

Any bands, websites, logos, music, samples, photos, etc. are all registered trademarks, and have been copywritten.

Please don't steal anything from this thread, thank you.

Affiliates

User Image
PaganWorship
This thread is now up, and Work and construction will commence....

until we get going, and actumen's computer gets fixed... the pace will be a bit slow, but we will try to keep the thread updated as much as possible.

thanks

and don't forget the requests.

Do lykathea aflame- Elvenefris 3nodding
Finntroll - Nattfodd.
rinoa-heartilly1
Finntroll - Nattfodd.
hmm...

alright, also, remember to check the news, as i have begun to update.
http://www.dissonantstudio.com/emptywords/video_death_interviewChuck&Gene.mpg

Chuck interveiw from Headbanger's Ball '95. 3nodding
KingDiamond
http://www.dissonantstudio.com/emptywords/video_death_interviewChuck&Gene.mpg

Chuck interveiw from Headbanger's Ball '95. 3nodding
i think that's the same interview that is one of the options in my link up there... but mine doesn't seem to want to work right..
Monolithe I - Monolithe whee
Is the tribute about Falkenbach by Falkenbach or Is it for someone else?
since yo said in the other thread to readmit sugestions hers mine.
Venom-Black Metal

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces