Welcome to Gaia! ::

<center>User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to the Fa'e Diary of Ghlyssa
Like all diaries, this diary is meant to be private. This means you need to ask the permission of Sundragyn before you post in here. Please do not ask to buy this Fa'e child, they are NOT FOR SALE. What are the FA'E, anyway? To find out more about them, please visit the FA'E HQ. There are always lots of people there, and our HQ Sheriffs will gladly help you out if you have questions. So please, do not post here and ruin an exciting story, ok? Now, read away and enjoy the little and big adventures of Ghlyssa.

Random Facts About Ghlyssa
Born: 01-20-04
Guardian: Sundragyn
Favorite Colors: Green and blue
Favorite Food: Anything but meat
Personality: Sweet, chatty, a bit socially inept and deeply caring for everything alive
Partial To: Riven

Would you like to visit Ghlyssa's first diary she shared with Svrellia?
</center>
~A Modest Note~

Please forgive any awkwardness while I continue to get the hang of playing Ghlyssa.

On another note, if there is some important event in the past involving your Fa'e that you want to be sure I know of, don't hesitate in pointing me in the right direction.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
~Biography~

User ImageName: Ghlyssa
But you can call her: Glee
Height: 5'4"

Hair: Green, with little leafy bits and blue flowers
Eyes: Blue
Distinguishing marks: Blue marks on her wrists and ankles, spots on her cheeks and forehead, yellow star from Hoshi on her right ankle.

Likes: Plants, warm weather, going barefoot, music and her harp, Riven
Dislikes: Meat, winter, scary mean people :O, change, death, having to make decisions

Personality: Ghlyssa means well. She's sweet and friendly and loving, and would genuinely like to be friends with the entire world. However, she's never really known what to do in social situations, and tends to stammer or become a wallflower. Pun mostly unintended. Glee is rather childlike and naive at times, and sticks with things she knows, like plants. Plants are comfortable and familiar, after all; any sick or hurt plant has a definite friend in Ghlyssa. She's also terribly indecisive, and would really like it if she didn't have to make big decisions like will-you-let-this-rather-nice-stranger-become-your-new-gaurdian, or which-path-shall-I-take, or would-this-potted-plant-look-better-in-the-red-or-the-yellow-pot.

Powers: She is one half of the entity known as the Earthkeeper. Ghlyssa has an affinity with plants of all sorts, and can help them grow better by extending some of her life force. She can fly, though for extremely long distances she can summon the travelling spirits, which look like vines. She is also capable of turning into a green mist, though that does seem to be a reflexive action and she is not aware of this ability.

The Earthkeeper: The Earthkeeper came into being at the dawn of the galaxy, and exists as the life force behind all plants. She (for the Earthkeeper sees itself as a feminine entity) withdrew once, and caused many extinctions. She has no power over animals or people, due to her own retreat, and they are not directly dependant upon her spirit. The Earthkeeper was curious about these creatures. She was curious enough to split her conciousness, and send a shard of herself to be reborn as a Fa'e--Ghlyssa.

Ghlyssa, separated from the Earthkeeper's consciousness, grew to be a separate being, though with close ties to her forebear. The Earthkeeper had planned to draw Ghlyssa back into herself and assimilate the new knowledge. As Ghlyssa grew, it became more apparent that she was too independant a creature to ever be reabsorbed into the Earthkeeper as she once was. Nowadays, Ghlyssa and the Earthkeeper have grown together, becoming one entity with two minds.

The Earthkeeper's natural state is that of a green mist. She cannot leave her realm, which is somewhere within the depths of the Earth. Over the surface of the planet are scattered "life trees," which act as conduits, or focus points, for the Earthkeeper's life force.

Growing Dates
Born Jan. 20th, 2004
Became a toddler Jan. 25th, 2004
Became a kid Feb. 11th, 2004
Went missing Mar. 15, 2004
Returned from the Earthkeeper's Realm as a teen Mar. 19, 2004
Became a youth March 2, 2005
more to come later

~~
~Items~

Ghlyssa's small harp, a gift from Svrellia:
User Image

From Riven: heart
User Image
User ImageUser Image

A lovely necklace from Rayne Winner:
User Image

Wand from Gah.
User Image

Dolly.
User Image

'Nother Ghlyssa dolly.
User Image

CUTEST PLUSHIES EVER.
User Image

A lovely ornament from Moorgahaine. *is in awe*
User Image

A few pretty Christmasy things from RikProwley.
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

A Christmas present from Riven.
User Image

A lovely Christmas rose from Sati:
User Image

Birthday present from Riven. <3 The stone is from the Spirit Realm, and it has been set in the wood from a fallen branch of a life tree. Ghlyssa never takes it off.
User Image

Valentine's gifts! From Chibi-Baka-Chan, and Naia.
User ImageUser Image

From Sosi:
User Image
~Bennali Sundragyn~

User ImageName: Bennali Sundragyn of Last Home
But you can call her: Sunny
Height: 5'5.5"
Race: Dragon.

Hair: Blond, short
Eyes: Blue-grey, myopic
Distinguishing marks: Freckles, horns, tattoo of blue and yellow dragon on back of left shoulder.

Likes: Cars, books, music, real-time-strategy games, sausages, transients, procrastination.
Dislikes: Hot weather, losing things, first-person shooters, the results of procrastination.
~Family~

User Image Ray

Ray is Sunny's brother, and lives with her, and is... well... mostly pretty patient with her and transients and her tendency to adopt anything that needs it. Mostly. He complains, and can be snarky, and thinks his sister is insane. He makes jewelry as a hobby.

User Image Bronwen

Bronnie is Sunny's eldest daughter, and her only charge who's actually related to her by blood. Y'know, as if that mattered to Sunny. Bronnie's only half-dragon. She's pretty easy-going and takes care to be good, since she's afraid she's secretly evil and doesn't know it.

User Image Airyn Svrellia

Airyn is Ghlyssa and Riven's daughter. She's just a kid, still.

User Image Dana

Dana is Sunny's adopted daughter, a goose child with a slightly worrying tendency to take things apart.
~The House~

Sunny's house is situated far from town, on a patch of land that's mostly thickly forested, a mix of coniferous and deciduous. The exterior is brick and tile, with ivy over the south wall and parts of the east and west. The landscaping is generally... lackluster and wild.

However.

Ghlyssa no longer lives there. She now lives with Riven in a small house made out of living trees with a moss carpet.
~Pets~

User ImageFrom Sosi! Awww!

User ImageUser Image
Bud and Blossom, the sprockets which have been FORCED UPON GLEE.
~Photo Album~

User Image
Svrellia
A picture of Ghlyssa when she had just been found. She was the sweetest baby I've ever had the honor of looking after. She rarely cried, though she did once when we went to a butcher shop. I never had to worry about her during the night, she would talk to her friend Trennyn in their language and was a perfectly happy little girl. While she was a baby, sometimes blue marking would glow on her. It worried me a bit, but it was truly beautiful.

~~
User Image
Svrellia
Ghlyssa soon grew into a toddler. It was such a quick change! She started crawling and even attempted to begin playing the harps I bought for her. Even at her young age, the music she produced was too lovely to describe in words. Also, the blue markings became a permanent fixture on her body.

~~
User Image
Svrellia
It wasn't long before my darling little girl had grown yet again, this time growing much more than before. She was able to run better with her stronger legs, and she began flying more often. I thought at first it was because her wings were stronger, but I've seen her fly and she doesn't flap her wings as much as I would have thought necessary. Strange...

~~
User Image
Svrellia
A good while after she grew into a kid, Ghlyssa went missing! She was angered at me for keeping important information from her, and I will never truly forgive myself for the incident. I worried for her more than I have ever worried in my life... despite all my searching, it seemed to be of no avail...

~~
User Image
Svrellia
About five days after she went missing, Ghlyssa showed back up at the house. I embraced her, at first not even noticing the change. I was too delighted to have her home again to think of such things. Afterwards, I saw the difference in her. She had not grown much in height... she is still shorter than most of the fa'e... even some of the kids regrettably. But there was a noticeable change in her. And now she seems... almost haunted somehow... she's shown alot of anger recently, but I think that it is because she is growing and having trouble reconciling her new age. I hope that is all it is...

User Image
A new start?
This is Ghlyssa as she was when she came to live with me. I became her guardian simply because, at the time, there was no one else. I am still learning much about her, because if I don't, I'll face the wrath of Airi.

User Image
Growing up
It was so recent that Ghlyssa came to live with me, a confused girl. Now she's a young woman... and engaged to Riven. 'Scuze me. I think I'm going to cry a little right now.

~Art and Pictures and Stuff~
By Sayuri_Nitta
We dug around the basement to find something for Glee to wear for Halloween. It was on short notice, after all. This was the result.

By evcitedRei, coloured by SosiquiLineart is here.
By Flarie
By ArynLight, shamelessly stolen from Sosiqui's art contest XD
More Flarieart! heart
PPG Glee! Thanks, Chiri!
~Memories~

Svrellia

Quote:
Jan 21st, 2004
Ghlyssa plays a harp for the first time.
She shows some sort of plant affinity with Trennyn...

Jan 22nd, 2004
Ghlyssa tries to say the word harp, but doesn't quite manage.
Blue markings glow on her skin for the first time...

Jan 24th, 2004
Trennyn blooms early... because of Ghlyssa?
Ghlyssa speaks for the first time... I think because of Morion.

Jan 25th, 2004
Ghlyssa is a toddler, and the blue markings seem to be permanent.
Ghlyssa gets her own harp and plays for me.
She flies for the first time, at HQ, but I scared her I'm afraid.

Jan 26th, 2004
Ghlyssa crawls into a tree and it closes around her while she heals the tree.

Jan 29th, 2004
Ghlyssa starts growing flowers in her room, so I renovate.

Jan 31st, 2004
We stumbled across a devastated area of the forest. Ghlyssa tried to heal the trees, but wasn't strong enough.

Feb 1st, 2004
Ghlyssa meets Taka for the first time and gets her star from Hoshi today.

Feb 4th, 2004
Ghlyssa got her first gift today. A fairy cat from Eirnae, named Ainsley.

Feb 8th, 2004
Ghlyssa showed me images of the Earth's past today... when it was unspoiled... how can she have these memories?

Feb 11th, 2004
Ghlyssa is a kid! There are flowers growing in her hair now and her wings are stronger.

Feb 12th, 2004
I bought Ghlyssa her diary today.
She went flying late at night, but something attacked her... maybe the imp? Not really sure.

Feb 18th, 2004
We went to the Gaia Ball today, and Ghlyssa met Amilu for the first time.

Feb 19th, 2004
Ghlyssa had a run-in with an imp today...

Feb 20th, 2004
For the first time since Ghlyssa was a toddler, she entered her tree and spoke with its spirit.

Feb 24th, 2004
Ghlyssa meets Silver and Cir today. Silver makes a strange rune on her hand... it's only visible when active.

Feb 26th, 2004
After helping Shina, Ghlyssa's tree was wilting and she had to heal it. Later, she went to Morion's party and for the first time, vines sprung from her wrists.

Feb 27th, 2004
Ghlyssa felt a strange presence following her today, without malevolence.

Mar 1st, 2004
Svrellia goes to look up information about the Earthkeeper and while she is gone Ghlyssa begins to hear the Earthkeeper's voice in her head. Later, Kapu shows up and leaves a frightening note for Ghlyssa.

Mar 2nd, 2004
Kapu shows up while David is visiting... he is knocked unconscious and Ghlyssa allows the Earthkeeper to posess her long enough to drive Kapu's spirit away. Taka shows her a vision...

Mar 4th, 2004
Ghlyssa speaks to Aurora's spirit today before her seed is planted.

Mar 11th, 2004
Shina comes over to have Ghlyssa help her learn to fly. Before she leaves, she makes a necklace for Ghlyssa.

Mar 15th, 2004
Ghlyssa went missing today...

Mar 19th, 2004
Ghlyssa came back as a teenager!

Mar 22nd, 2004
Garyn's seed sprouts.

Mar 26th, 2004
I tried to train Ghlyssa with a whip today... but she came up with an alternate solution.

Mar 29th, 2004
I had to ground my little girl for the first time today...
~Friends~

What is there to say? It's Riven. heart The two of them have been engaged since February, and have a daughter together. Glee doesn't always understand him, especially when he talks about "balance," but she loves him terribly.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Ghlyssa and these three--Aylana, Shina, and Nyoka--are blood sisters, even if perhaps that haven't seen each other terribly often lately. Shina was the one who found Glee, fading, after Svrellia died.

A dear, dear friend, Kia is now half-Fa'e after having a Fa'e child. Kia also has a human child, Teigan, like Ghlyssa and Riven have Airyn.

Silver's goal is to protect the Fa'e, and Ghlyssa admires him for that, and for his strength. She bears his protective rune on her hand.
~Beginnings, Part 1~

Eirnae Slytherin-Natenhar
(( *Chuckles and sneaks over to pinch Riven on his semi-solid bum before running off into the shadows again* ninja ))

'What if I'm too late!' Shina frets as she flies all the harder in the direction her blood sister's raw grief still throbs, guiding the angelic Fa'e ever closer to Ghlyssa's current location. 'I'll never forgive myself if something happens to her that I could have prevented!'

Cold stone is all that greets her skin as she kneels, then crawling to look over the edge of the precipice her mother, her friend, fell over with that...that man. Nothing greets her peek over the jagged rock but chilly air and the gathering mists below.

She is alone.

Looking more like a paler version of superwoman with wings instead of Shina herself, the snowy winged Fa'e streaks through the sky with both of her hands in fist before her, the air being sliced away to keep from slowing her down by those hands, or at least in Shina's imagination. She needs something to keep her speed up, to keep her from slowing at all, and the image of Ghlyssa's weeping form is enough.

Crawling away from the edge in mute shock, her body baring registering anything more than the pure fact that Svrellia is gone. Gone. The tears stream down her cheeks unbidden as she curls up into herself, wings curling around her body more out of instinct than self preservation. In one day, all that she loves seems either lost or far away. Alone. So very alone.

"Ghlyssa!" she cries when she thinks she is close, pumping her wings to stay aloft in the seemingly thin air. What on Gaia is Ghlyssa doing on a mountain? Shina cups her hands to either side of her mouth and tries again. "Ghlyssaaa-aaaa?! Where are you?!"

(( Would you like to take Ghlyssa's part from here, Sunny? ))

Sundragyn
((Right. Okay. Big moment.))

Ghlyssa raises her head, slowly, and stares at Shina without really comprehending. She curls back into her wings, weeping quietly, still too stunned to really react. She knows she ought to do something, but... not now. Not for a while.

Sosiqui
Riven looked up from his practice as a familiar, angel-winged figure flashed overhead, flying faster than he thought he'd seen anything fly. "Shina?" he called out, but she was long-gone already. "Huh..."

For some reason, he felt quite uneasy and worried all of a sudden. Maybe the strength of her own emotions, and the reflection of Ghlyssa's, was pouring off of her in her stress and concern; maybe it was just some instinct, but Riven was still abruptly nervous. Why was Shina flying off so quickly without even a word? Whatever it was, it made him uncomfortable.

He thought of the crumbling flowers in his room and squirmed. "Mom? Mo-om?" he called out, floating right through the wall of the house. "Mom, is something wrong?"

"I can't beat this damned boss if htat's what you mean, and GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE TELEVISION!" Sosiqui shrieked, flailing one arm at him, the other one firmly holding a PS2 controller. Riven blinked and withdrew to the outside again.

"What's going on?"

(( *Covers up a chuckle at Sosi's behaviour* Wow.. That sounds so familiar. xd ))

Was she blind? She must have had a temporary bout of it, as there is Ghlyssa plain as day against the gray and white rocks of the mountain. Even the tiny little attempts of growth out of the cracks of the moutain really don't lend the green and blue Fa'e any camoflauge. "Ghlyssa!" Shina declares unnecessarily, immediately swooping down and landing rather roughly on the hard stone, scraping up her knees and the palms of her hands as she slides for a couple of feet before coming to a complete stop.

"Ghlyssa, what's happened?" she asks softly, crawling over to touch the other Fa'e's left wing with inquiring fingertips. "Please... Tell me what's happened?" So much pain fills her heart, so much loss. It is almost as if her sister, Rei, committed suicide again.

Two charms now glow brightly on Shina's friendship bracelet, that of the sapphire halo and wings and the emerald leaf. One for her and one for Ghlyssa, the bracelet as well as their vow of sisterhood forever tying them together. More than that, though, is the soft shining stones of Ghlyssa's golden necklace, with its chain around her neck and its pendant nestled under her clothing. Those stones and that necklace are what alerted Shina to this situation, and they will always keep this angel aware of Ghlyssa's emotions to some extent, as they do for Ghlyssa in regard to Shina's emotions in return. Even though Shina cannot see the stones beyond the glimmer of soul energy within them, she knows Ghlyssa wears them. "Please, my sister," she whispers as she strokes Ghlyssa's wing feathers, afraid to hug her friend for fear of making her retreat even further into herself.

Sundragyn
"Mom," Ghlyssa whispers. She doesn't look up, hugs herself tightly. "And the man. They fell. Mom's gone." It's said. "Mom's... gone..." Said it again. Ghlyssa begins to sob hysterically, unable to stop.

She moves suddenly and clings to Shina with all her waning strength, things finally sinking in.

Sosiqui
At a loss, Riven turns and drifts into the woods until he reaches the his secret place. He phases through the thornbushes that guard the small thicket, and floats gratefully into the tiny clearing he's come to regard as a new haven.

And freezes.

The flower... the flower he and Ghlyssa made together, the night he left for the Spirit Realm. It's twisted, leaves turned upwards like little reaching hands, the blossom curled in on itself with painful tightness.

That's it. Something is wrong. Something is VERY WRONG, and it has to do with Ghlyssa. Nothing else would affect things this way... and Shina, Shina was Ghlyssa's sister in a way. Of course, of course...

"Dammit!"

Riven phases out and begins to move as fast as he can, whipping right through the trees of the forest in the direction he saw Shina flying, remembering the last time he did this - when looking for Yanisin - and hoping to every higher power he's ever known that he doesn't find Ghlyssa in the same condition.

"Svrellia's...gone?" she finds herself asking, even as her arms wind their way around Ghlyssa as best she can while being clung to. She rests her right cheek against the top of Ghlyssa's head as her hands stroke at her blood sister's hair, blue on blue eyes closing as she murmurs soothing sounds.

How did this happen? Who would be after Svrellia, who is...was?...one of the kindest women Shina has ever had the pleasure of meeting? What will happen to Ghlyssa now? Without a Guardian...

"We have to get you to the HQ, my sister," Shina says softly, not making any effort to move just yet. "I don't want you to fade. We have to talk to Airi and see what can be done."

A moment passes before she comments while opening her eyes to look at the stark sky above the foreboding rocks, "I will see if Svrellia is still in this world before we go, unless you do not wish me to." She pulls away slowly, attempting to look Ghlyssa in the eye as she asks, "Shall I?"

Sundragyn
Ghlyssa sniffs. "Please look. Please." Her words catch and she begins to sob again. "I was... afraid to..."

"But I...I... don't want to go to HQ. I... I don't want to go... go anywhere right now..." Her wings fold close around her, and she begins to shake, either from grief or fear or both. She rubs at the tears with the palms of her hands.

Sosiqui
"Dammit!" Riven swears again, uncharacteristically. He'd forgotten about the gorge at the back of the forest, before the foothills begin. He hovers helplessly at the brink. Sure, he can float, but not across great gaps in the landscape like this... he needs some ground to base off of, and there isn't any here. And he can't fly.

"Dammit, dammit, dammit," he groans, drooping, then squinting off into the distance to see if he can spot Shina anywhere. Nope. Nothing. No bridge, no working wings, no way. He viciously slashes at a rock with his tail, phasing back in just in time to knock it over the edge with a satisfying clatter and roll of dust. And now his tail hurts.

Frustrated beyond words, Riven turns around and phases out again, zipping back through the trees. Maybe he could find someone at HQ who could carry him over the brink. Or some answers...

"Shhh... It's alright. I understand," Shina soothes as she scoots back a bit, giving herself room to test her wings a bit in case they too got hit on the rocks during her landing. She's in luck, everything seems to be in good order.

She scoots back still more before getting into a crouch and then standing, not turning away from Ghlyssa just yet as she feels the start of an impending wave of loneliness that threatens to overwhelm first Ghlyssa and then herself. "We have to go, *mellonamin*," she responds to Ghlyssa's plea, wishing that she didn't have to drag her hurting friend to the HQ against her wishes, but feeling it is needed. "You know you can trust in me, Ghlyssa. I wouldn't insist we go if it wasn't necessary."

"I'll go and check now. I'll return as soon as I can," she assures before heading for edge of the ledge, peering down into the depths to try and sight Svrellia and the man Ghlyssa mentioned from there. She realizes such a thing is futile and guages the wind's currents before walking a few paces to the right before diving off the cliff, only untucking her wings once she is sure they won't bang against the jagged mountain.

She is gone for several long minutes, though she does try to not dally too long for Ghlyssa's sake. There is no sign of Svrellia's body or soul, which she finds very suspicious indeed, though she does finally discover the remains of the Drow assassin. Not much is left of him, so she leaves what is behind as she starts on a circular route upward that should lead her to where she left Ghlyssa. She saw enough to mark the body Drow and a killer of men, so she sees no need to take the body with them just now. If she must, she will return after she has Ghlyssa in a safe haven.

*Elven for 'my friend'

Sundragyn
Ghlyssa gnaws on her knuckle as she waits, eyeing the edge carefully. She knows her mother is really gone... why did she ask Shina to look?

Because there was that chance.

Ghlyssa wipes her nose on her sleeve. Despite a stubborn lethargy, she stands, slowly and awkwardly as a small child, hugging herself. She isn't really ready to go anywhere. She pulls her wings around herself, keeping out the wind.

Sosiqui
Riven doesn't bother to knock - he floats right through the door to HQ, looking around wildly.

Nobody.

He sighs and phases back in, drooping onto one of the couches as he does so. Running around the countryside like a panicking chicken won't do anybody any good, but he feels uneasy just sitting here. Still, it seems the best option at the moment. He stares intently at the door.

((Riven will stay here until Glee and Shina come, so I won't post again until then. But I WILL be here. XD))

(( Gotcha, Sosi. 3nodding ))

Shina rises up on the opposite side that she dove from, as usual her wings making little sound as she hovers just above Ghlyssa's eye level. She first makes sure she has Ghlyssa's attention before she shakes her head side to side, the look on her face obviously one of sorrow. Words don't seem appropiate right now, a time she feels should be devoted to mourning and mystery.

She then flies closer, just a couple feet higher than the somewhat even surface of the ledge, slowing down as she gets closer to Ghlyssa. She offers her friend both of her hands, the fingers outstretched in a silent offer to clasp them and leave this place. Her eyes look directly into Ghlyssa's tear filled orbs, emploring her to come with Shina and leave this place to her memories for now.

Sundragyn
Ghlyssa swallows audibly, and looks away, tears flowing down her cheeks again. Nevertheless, she takes Shina's hands. Her wings spread slowly. Her entire body feels heavy and sluggish. Each individual feather feels as though it were made of granite.

Ghlyssa whispers despairingly, "If we have to go, then let's go. It's... it's cold..."

(( Hm... One small problem, Sosi... They aren't going to make it to the HQ. Well, at least not both of them. Shina will get there once she leaves Ghlyssa with Sunny. Is that alright? He could hitch a ride with her back to Sunny's place? ))

How can she console Ghlyssa when her friend's emotions threaten to completely override her own? Shina blinks away her tears, giving Ghlyssa's hands a reassuring squeeze. She forces herself to focus on one of the greatest moments of her young life, the time when Ghlyssa showed her how to fly again. The feeling of joy brought by that memory is faint, but it is at least there. She concentrates on projecting that emotion as a balancer to the surges of grief emulating from Ghlyssa, using further concentration to aid her friend in also getting aloft.

She offers Ghlyssa a soft smile, one that reflects Shina's own sorrow for her sister as well as her love for Ghlyssa, before simply saying, "Let's go."

She starts to sweep her wings back, her mental training as well as her practice at flying allowing her to fly backwards to start Ghlyssa's hovering body forward. She guides her friend through the air until the ledge no longer is below them, which is when she starts to add some speed to their ascent into the sky. With her physical and spiritual strength Shina supports her sister as they fly. She will not let her fall.

Sosiqui
((Maybe once Glee gets to Sun's house, Sunny can call Sosi going "OMGWTF THERE'S A FA'E WHAT DO I DO WITH IT" or something XD since Sosi is Sun's closest Guardian friend, I think... and when SOsi finds out who the Fa'e is, she can go find Riven.))

Sundragyn
((LOL, Sosi.))

Ghlyssa goes through the motions of flight, though she hardly pays attention to where she is going and what she is doing, relying on Shina.

So much work. So heavy. Ghlyssa is rather inclined to fall asleep in the air.

(( Works for me. 3nodding *Snickers at the thought of that particular phone call* xd ))

Supporting herself going as fast as she was before took a larger toll than Shina thought, and now she has to guide Ghlyssa through the air as well. Her original intentions to go to the HQ suddenly don't seem very realistic, as she feels her energy slowly start to drain away.

'Ghlyssa, we aren't going to make it,' she informs through her spirit entwining a tendril of its hazy white essence around Ghlyssa's arm, 'I need to find us a place to rest.'

Guilt filters past the grief and the false joy, making it fairly plain that Shina feels terrible for having to stop. It is as if she feels she has failed Ghlyssa during this time when her sister needs her most.

Sundragyn
Ghlyssa nods slowly. "I would... would like to rest," she says softly.

Where were they going? It's hard to remember. Well. She doesn't suppose it matters too much. Shina probably knows... and that's good enough. She'll let Shina stay in charge.

Heavy. Tired. Cold.

(( I hope I get this right... o.O ))

Where? Where can they go? Shina feels herself wobble once in the air, and it frightens her. The last thing she wants is for her and Ghlyssa to go plummenting down to the surface of Gaia.

Wait... Is that...? Yes, it is! "I see a house, Ghlyssa!" Shina calls over the wind, too tired to use her spirit to contact her sister's. "We'll have to land immediately!"

Their descent begins right then, Shina being too weary to wait any longer. She does try to keep their drop from turning into a fall, her wings and remaining energy serving to keep them from speeding down too haphazardly.

It's still a miracle they land without any injuries beyong a few bruises, and those are mostly taken by Shina, who turns at the last moment to use her body as a cushion for Ghlyssa. Shina remains still once they have stopped sliding on the grass, though she is very much alive. "Are you alright?" she asks softly, not bothering to tell Ghlyssa to please get off of her.

Sundragyn
Ghlyssa comes out of her stupor long enough to blink sleepily at Shina. "I don't think I'm hurt. You're okay, too?" She crawls aside, hugging herself. Her wings droop heavily onto the ground. She's still in a state of shock, it seems.

A round face appears at the window of the house, attracted by the movement and the commotion. A moment later the door opens, and Sunny stands in her bare feet, perplexed.

After all, it isn't every day two winged women come falling from the sky.

"Nothing some of Mother's herbal medicines won't fix," Shina offers with a crooked grin, sitting up in stages. She rubs at her lower back, the point that took most of the pressure when they landed and then slid.

A quick turn of Shina's head locks Sunny with her piercing gaze, which swiftly softens into a calm expression as Shina gestures to Ghlyssa nearby. "We seek shelter, m'lady," she explains as she tries to get to her knees with moderate success. "Forgive our sudden appearance, but my friend is in a state of shock and needs warmth. Please help her?"

The angelic Fa'e finally settles on her knees, but knows she is going to have one hell of a time actually getting up. She grimaces as she starts the process of trying to get to her feet, her body grumbling at her stubbornness.

Sundragyn
((Ahhhh! I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry.))

Sunny, to her credit, recovers quickly. "Um. Um, yes, of course. Come inside. It's warmer. I can make tea. What happened?" She opens the door wider and gestures wildly for them to come in. "Er.... you okay?" She offers a hand.

Ghlyssa glances up at the new voice, and her wings rustle listlessly.

The face of a small child peers around the door and into the kitchen, and her eyes widen. Sunny turns quickly. "Bronnie, go get some nice warm blankets from the cabinet in the hall."

"But--"

"Now."

(( *Smiles at the sight of Sundragyn* It's alright, Sunny. We all get pulled away now and then.

Erm.. you did? o.O

Shina: eek *Sputters*

*Glances over* Well, had I been concious, methinks that would have worked. *Dodges a tossed pillow as Shina grouses* ))

Shina looks very relieved before answering with, "It's a long story, and not my tale to tell." She looks over at Ghlyssa pointedly as she pushes her aches and pains aside and gets to her feet at last.

She then proceeds to ruin any further chance of looking as though she is in complete control of her facilities by wobbling on her feet, her wings buffeting the air to try and keep her steady. She smiles crookedly and then shakes her head, straightening up and walking over to where Ghlyssa is to work a hand between her friend's wings to clasp one of Ghlyssa's shoulders. "Lets go inside, my sister," she murmurs soothingly, ignoring the twinges from her lower back.

Sundragyn
Ghlyssa nods, shivering, as she gets to her feet. Slowly. Still so very, very heavy. Still so tired. She moves like one asleep, a dreamer.

Sunny slides across the kitchen and puts on the kettle, and starts fiddling through the cupboards for cups and tea and where on earth did she put that teapot? Oh, here. Right where it belongs. Huh.

Shina guides Ghlyssa into the home's front door, though it is a one at a time thing due to their wings. Once she has Ghlyssa past the threshold she starts to look for a place to guide her blood sister to so she can sit down, as she feels she cannot allow Ghlyssa to fall asleep. Didn't her first aid book say those in shock should stay awake and warm?

"Over here, Ghlyssa," she says as she gently tugs on one of Ghlyssa's arms, leading her over to the kitchen table and the chairs near it. Perhaps if they can get her seated, wrapped in blankets, and maybe even get some tea in her she'll get better slowly?

Sundragyn
Ghlyssa sits, her wings stirring. "Oh. Oohhhh." She moans, her hands to her head.

Bronwen appears with the blankets, and her mother swoops in to pluck them from her. Sunny moves immediately to wrap one around Ghlyssa; she spends a moment uncertainly wondering how to do this to someone with wings, but settles on gently draping the blanket over them.

Bronnie wanders a little closer, and crawls into a chair at the table. She crosses her arms and lays her chin on them, just observing for now.

"Tea soon," Sunny murmurs. "Just you stay awake, there."

Ghlyssa mumbles incoherently, close to tears again.

Shina chooses this moment to get herself in a chair next to Ghlyssa, her left hand securing itself on Ghlyssa's right shoulder. Her own wings gather around herself like a cloak of feathers, though admittedly the angle for both wings is a tad strange due to space restrictions.

"It's alright to cry," Shina says as she gives Ghlyssa's shoulder a soft squeeze, "Don't try to keep it in. I'm here, mellonamin."

Though tired herself, she is determined to stay alert and be supportive for Ghlyssa. This is not a familiar place, but she of all folk can tell that their current company are those of good intentions.

Sundragyn
((*cracks up at her mother's explanation to the Honda dealership* "And that flashing red light thingy? It isn't working." wink )

At this urging, Ghlyssa weeps openly. She makes a few motions of beginning to talk, but these are choked off. Her hands make a few grasping motions in the air, then she lowers her head onto the table and sobs there.

Sunny sets cups of tea on the table, and sits down, her brow furrowed. There doesn't really seem much to say.

Shina scoots her chair closer so she can wrap an arm around Ghlyssa, which is possible due to her friend's wings currently being wrapped around her much like Shina's are about herself.

She looks up to glance in first Bronnie's and then Sunny's directions, her sorrowful eyes speaking volumes more than any words ever could. Whatever happened to the sobbing young woman before them was heart wrenching, and if the sight of Ghlyssa's shaking body and quivering wings does not tell that story then Shina's soulful eyes do.

Sundragyn
"Don't cry, pretty lady," Bronnie offers.

Ghlyssa sniffs and blinks at Bronwen uncertainly.

"Did you hurt yourself when you fell? Is that why you're crying? I fell and scaped my knee and it bled, and I cried."

"No," Glee murmurs. She covers her face with her hands and weeps.

"And once--"

Sunny lays a hand on Bronwen's shoulder. "I don't think it's the right time for that, Bronwen. Is there... is there someone you'd like me to call, get ahold of somehow?"

Shina looks thoughtful and then nods, sitting up a bit so as to better address Sunny. "Could you call this number?" she asks before she prattles off the Fa'e HQ's phone number. "There could be someone there who could help us."

"And.. and she needs those she loves around her right now," Shina adds as she leans in towards Ghlyssa again, kissing the side of her head in a motherly fashion.

"Thank you, for letting us inside and everything else," she offers once she's settled in next to Ghlyssa again, "We appreciate it."

Sundragyn
"Not a problem. Not a problem at all. If I can help... at all..." Sunny moves to the phone and dials, not at all sure of what she's going to get on the other end.

Bronwen, freed from her mother's stern looks, pipes up, "I like green. Green is very pretty. I know someone who is purple."

Ghlyssa leans against Shina, sniffling. "You do?" To focus on anything, anything but the past, is the easiest option at the moment.

Sosiqui
Ringing? Wha? Riven opens his eyes and blinks until he figures out whose ceiling he's staring at. HQ? Must have fallen asleep...

The phone won't shut up. Stupid phone. He shakes his head and pulls himself awake and over to the phone, fumbling it off the hook. "Um... hello? This is Riven, there's nobody else here. And 'here' is Fa'e HQ," he informs the person on the other end.

Sundragyn
Sunny boggles. "Riven?!" Suddenly a few things click into place. "Um. This is Sunny. You remember me, right? Sosi's friend? Um. I have two rather upset people here, and, um. I was told to call this number. And..." Completely out of her depth today. "Help."

Shina nods to Sunny's words and watches her go to the phone, her attention then taken in by Bronwen's getting Ghlyssa out of her shell shock, at least momentarily.

"You know someone who is rather purple as well, Ghlyssa," Shina chimes in with a soft smile, hoping that memories of Riven will help Ghlyssa during this time. "Though Riven is more of a soft violet, I think."

Shina nods to Sunny's words and watches her go to the phone, her attention then taken in by Bronwen's getting Ghlyssa out of her shell shock, at least momentarily.

"You know someone who is rather purple as well, Ghlyssa," Shina chimes in with a soft smile, hoping that memories of Riven will help Ghlyssa during this time. "Though Riven is more of a soft violet, I think."

Sundragyn
"I know Riven!" Bronwen practically bounces. "He came and made funny animals appear for me."

"Riven is... a... good friend of mine," Ghlyssa says. Her voice is still quiet, but easier. She reaches forward for the cooling tea.

Sosiqui
Riven blinks. "Oh. Hi, Miss Sunny. Why are you..." He peters out as she keeps going. "Who said..? Help? Something wrong?" None of this makes any sense. Why would Miss Sundragyn call HQ instead of his house? Or call him at all, for that matter? He can hear some soft voices in the background. "Do you want my Guardian? She's not here, she's at my house. I'm the only one here. Um."

"Hm?" Shina looks up as she hears Sunny's reaction to who answers the phone on the other side. 'She knows Riven? Then is this child refering to...' "M'lady?" she calls from her seat in Sunny's direction, "Please tell Riven that Ghlyssa needs him! Tell him we need him to find Airi, but if he can't do that quickly, to come to us soon?"

Sundragyn
"I... really don't know who I want," Sunny admits. "I..." She stops at Shina's words, and nods. "Um. Riven. I'm supposed to tell you that Ghlyssa needs your help, and we need you to find someone named Airi, but if you can't, to come here as quickly as you can."

Ghlyssa looks up from the tea. Not that tea is her favourite thing, but it's hot and soothing. "Riven's coming?" That seems to cheer her up some.

Sosiqui
Riven almost drops the phone. "Ghlyssa?! Is she there? Is she hurt? What happened? How is she? She's not blind, is she? What's going on? Airi, Airi..." Then he DOES drop the phone, letting it swing and clank against the wall of HQ before he zooms through the wall and out to the garden area where he'd met Airi last time. He's still edgy about her, but if Ghlyssa needs her... "Lady Airi? Lady Airi~?" he calls out, turning in little frantic circles. "Little happy singing ladies?" he tries, too, just in case the silly fairies from before are still hanging around.

((Is he suposed to find Airi? Anya's not here, is she?))

(( He can try, but as far as I can tell Anya is not on. sweatdrop He's more likely to come to Sunny's by himself. ))

"What did he say?" Shina asks, sitting up in her chair as she tries to gauge this woman's emotional state for clues. "Is he going to find Airi?"

She turns to Ghlyssa and pats at her arm, "I hope so, Ghlyssa." She smiles when she feels Ghlyssa's mood lightening somewhat at the prospect of Riven coming here. Mission partially accomplished.
Sundragyn
"Ummmm. I think he's coming. He... er... sort of dropped the phone. Hello?" Receiving no answer, Sunny shrugs uneasily and hangs up the phone.

Bronnie beams. "Riven's coming. Will that make you happy, pretty lady?"

Ghlyssa chews her lip. "I... a little." She smiles weakly.

"Ah.. Perhaps he simply got very excited," Shina replies with a slight smile, "He hasn't seen Ghlyssa in a long time, much like myself. I've missed her very much." Her eyes glint with warmth as she looks over at Ghlyssa again before turning her attention back to Sundragyn.

"I have been very rude, especially after you have been so kind as to let us within your home. My name is Shina, and of course you now know Ghlyssa's name. That you know Riven is reassuring to me, as he is an old friend."

She looks down to Bronwen and grins, dipping her head in a half bow before asking, "And what would your names be, if I may ask?" She then looks back up to Sunny, keeping eye contact for the most part.

Sundragyn
((I think I should be able to get online in a few hours. But I really am going to have go now.

*hugs* *zips off*))

"Well, I'm Bennali Sundragyn. You can call me Sunny; everyone does."

"I'm Bronnie!"

"And yes, this would be my daughter, Bronwen."

Bronnie grins and flexes her wings.

"Riven's guardian is a very, very old friend of mine," Sunny says by way of explanation.

Ghlyssa smiles weakly, and sets down her cup. "I've missed people a lot. But... but..." What is she going to do without her mother? Dangerously close to tears again, she hides behind her hands.
~Beginnings, Part 2~

Sosiqui
Riven darts around the garden, peering around the trees, bushes - EVERYTHING. "Lady Airi? Lady Airi? Please, PLEASE come out if you can hear me!" He's almost frantic by this point, wondering every moment if he should be going to Ghlyssa's side - yet feeling a deep-seated need to bring Airi with him. "I.. I know I made you... not happy last time... but please, it's for Ghlyssa... Lady Airi..."

AnyaToo
"Yes?" - he finally heard the voice behind him. There she hovered, surrounded by the fairies that draged her over here, chatting something about "fuzzy soft" and "sad sad sad hurry hurry".

Sosiqui
Riven turns around so fast that the feathers and beads in his hair whap him in the face. "Lady Airi! Thank goodness... there's something wrong with Ghlyssa, Shina's with her and told me to find you if I could... they're at Miss Sundragyn's home, I can show you the way if you'll come... will you come?" The words come out in a rush, and he holds up one slightly-trembling hand to point the way to where Ghlyssa is.

AnyaToo
"Yes. Let us go." - Airi asked, emotionless as ever at first. Soemthing was wrong with Ghlyssa .... Ghlyssa, the earth child. Something WAS wrong with her. As Riven ran, she followed him now, a little worry line appearing onher childish forehead

"It is good to meet you both," Shina replies to Sunny and Bronwen introducing themselves, "And that does indeed explain things, if you've know Miss Sosiqui for as long as you have."

She notices Ghlyssa's distress and leans in again to wrap an arm over her friend's shoulders. "Don't worry, dear sister. He will come, and hopefully bring Airi with him. Everything will be alright..."

Sosiqui
Riven hurries down the path, checking every few seconds to make sure Airi is still behind him and close. He remembers how she was sick last he heard...

It takes time to get to Sundragyn's house, but not too much. When they arrive at the head of the path, Riven feels like bursting through the door, but doesn't. Exerting some self-control, and glancing back at Airi again, he knocks on the door, then calls out. "Miss Sundragyn? It's Riven... I brought Lady Airi... Ghlyssa?" Her name turns into a soft cry. "Ghlyssa, are you okay?"

AnyaToo
Airi follows Riven silently, the eyes . Ghlyssa ... the green shild of flowers and trees ... she could still feel her, but it was ... fainter, somehow. They were comign to the place were she was now.

As the door was opened Airi followed into the room and was almost immediately facing the blue and green Fa'e. There were also others in the room - the white angel with her child and a woman that ... didn't seem quite human.

Looking up at Ghlysa Airi smiled and waited for her to speak.

Sundragyn
"Riven..."

Sunny hurries to the door and flings it open. "Thank god. Thank god you're here. Um. I have no idea what's going on... Bad stuff..."

Ghlyssa puts down the cup without looking at it. She makes a moment as though to rise to her feet, but can't seem to find the strength to do any such thing. "Riven," she says, and her voice cracks.

Sosiqui
Riven makes a small, incoherent sound at the cracking in Ghlyssa's voice - but he restrains himself, waiting for Airi to go in before him. If something is wrong enough that Airi is needed... "Ladies first," he says quietly, but there's a little tremble in his voice. He gestures for Airi to go in ahead of him.

Shina leans away from Ghlyssa to give her friend room to turn to face Riven and Airi if she so chooses, sitting back in her chair as her eyes go half lidded. Her relief allows her to slip just that much farther towards the realm of dreams, but she stubbornly refuses to enter than realm entirely.

She says nothing, knowing that any of her words could interupt much more important ones that need to be voiced right now.

AnyaToo
Airi floats in silently and hovers above the laying Ghlyssa. She looks the girl over then utters her verdict:

"You are fading. You need a new guardian."

But whom? Airi didn't even know what happened to the old one. In a rapid motion she grabbed the butterfly necklace on her neck, a gift from a human girl, lettign the wings of the butterfly slice thru her all to thin, milky tranparent skin. A drop of blood formed on Airi's finger and with it she drew a symbol on Ghlyssa's forehead, then on her hands, and then, ripping away the material of the dress, on her heart.

"Find a guardian for her. I will hold her soul until then."

With that she closed her eyes. It was the same as it had been with Raeith and with Sire. The soul was becoming entangled form the the fa'e body as the body was slowly ... dissapearing.

Sosiqui
"Ghlyssa? Ghlyssa!" Riven moves forward, then, frightened by the look on Ghlyssa's face. She looks so empty, so... so hurt. He comes behind her and puts one hand gently on the curve of one wing, where it covers her shoulder. "She can't fade. I won't let her!" He shoots a desperate glance first at Shina, then at Sundragyn.

Inwardly, he's wondering how Airi can be so heartlessly blunt. No kind words, no soothing touch, just a pronouncement of doom... it seems much, much too harsh to the over-emotional Fa'e.

Sundragyn
Ghlyssa stammers at this. "But... I don't want a new guardian... I want Mom." She tears at her hair in despair and fright. "I want Mom." Neither does she want to fade, but... She turns and clings to Riven.

Even Bronwen graps the solemnity of the situation, and is quiet. Sunny opens her mouth as though to speak, then shuts it. She knows so very little about the Fa'e, only a few rumours and chance words. "Um. I don't understand. Is she dying?"

Sosiqui
Riven wraps his arms around Ghlyssa, but he takes no joy in the moment. Instead, he notices that he can sort of see the outline of his hands through her wings...

"Without... I... we all have a bond to our Guardian," Riven tries to explain. "I don't knwo what happened... but the Guardian bond keeps us... keeps us here. If the bond breaks... we... we fade..." His words are halting, quiet.

"In a way, fading for our kind is worse than dying," Shina answers after a long moment, her focal attention going to Sundragyn. "We go back to where our spirits resided before, with no chance for an afterlife. I know not where Ghlyssa's soul would go. For me, I would fade to the Void."

She shudders and looks down at her hands, having come far too close to experiencing such in the past to not be affected by the mere thought of it possibly happening again. "It's too sudden, Airi. You cannot expect Ghlyssa to chose a new Guardian with Svrellia barely gone from this world." She doesn't sound angry or resentful, though internally she wonders at Airi's grasp on the situation. Can she not see Ghlyssa is in pain?

Sundragyn
"You're all ghosty, pretty lady," Bronwen says in a hushed voice.

Ghlyssa finds herself staring at her hands, at Airi's blood there. "I... I can't fade... I don't want to... I want Mom..." She starts to cry again, her shoulders shaking.

"You... you have to find a replacement guardian, or she's... she fades, and she's gone forever?!" Sunny's expression is that of horror. "I live an awfully long way away from anywhere... I do that on purpose... but..." She sort of squeaks. "There isn't anyone around here but me. Not really. How long do we have?" Whether she notices her own use of the first person plural is up for debate; she's in this, now.

AnyaToo
It takes Airi a few moments to force herself out of the trance. It is hard to hold a soul, the longer it's presence on Gaia, the harder. The soul is missed, it has been taken against all laws. Finally she is staring at the others inside the room. There is Riven, the ghost child, the Keeper of Chaos, starign it her with both hope and dissaproval. There is Ghlyssa, frantic, terrified and lost. Shina, almost sick from worry. And the woman, whom she doesn't know. A strange woman ... something about her ... strange.

And there is Airi, trying to hold onto the soul with the string and the power of her blood. Slowly, forecefully, she speaks.

"Ghlyssa. Listen, please. I have to do this. I do not see another way. You are not connected to anybody. I donot know of another way to keep you here."

She wants Anya to be here, to do all the talking. She herself doesn't talk much. She can see in the eyes of others that she is not doing this well.

Sundragyn
Ghlyssa wipes at her tears awkwardly with her sleeve, and stares at Airi. "But... my Mom..." But holding her is Riven, and there is Shina, and... no, she isn't ready to fade... not yet... She doesn't feel very good. She swallows. "I don't want to fade." Still more tears; she smears them down her cheeks with her fingertips. "What... what do we do? There... there isn't anybody..."

Shina sighs and looks to the side of Ghlyssa's face, which is all she can see from her vantage point, raising a hand to lightly brush the skin there with pale fingers. "You have to choose, my sister," she murmurs, looking over to Airi once those words have left her lips, "Lady Airi is right. There is no other way."

"I know Riven and I both do not wish to lose you," she adds as she continues to gently stroke Ghlyssa's cheek, "You don't wish to be lost, do you?"

"There is indeed someone," Shina counters before twisting around to look over at Sundragyn, "What of you, m'lady? Would you be willing to be bound to Ghlyssa if she asked?"

Sosiqui
Riven looks down, then up again. "Not the time for anger, that's not good balance," he mumbles. He meets Airi's eyes, his own eyes bright with worry, and alert. "What can we do? Who are we supposed to look for?" He looks over at Shina. "How do you find a Guardian? How did Guardians find us?"

"By following your dog." Riven jumps and turns his head to see Sosiqui standing in the doorway, with Mithril in front of her. "The door was open, mind if I come in?" She slips inside along with the kirin Verlashi. "He was whining to beat the band. Made me come... oh..." Her mouth tightens as she sees Ghlyssa, and she bites her lip and looks at Riven with an expression of deep concern. "What happe- no. Don't explain now. Can I help?"

"She needs a Guardian," Riven says quietly. "How did you find me? We need someone to find her?"

Sosiqui covers her mouth with one hand. "Gods... Sv..." Tears glitter in her own eyes. "Dreams. Through dreams, and a longing in my soul, Riven..."

"We don't have time to dream," Riven says, holding tighter to Ghlyssa as if that will hold her here. Morion had lasted a long time, but Smoke's spirit had been powerful...

Sundragyn
".... me?" Sunny squeaks. "You can't be serious, you hardly know me, and I'm certainly not what you think I am." She wrings her hands, hardly noticing Sosi's entrance.

"You did let us in," Ghlyssa murmurs. "You gave us tea. You didn't have to." She continues, so softly it's barely audible, "I'm not ready to fade. And there isn't anyone."

Sosiqui
Sosiqui looks at Sunny as if she's never seen her before, with a slight smile on her face. "You just might work, Benalli. You just might."

Riven just gives Sundragyn a mute look of desperation.

Mithril thinks everyone is being overly melodramatic and huffs to a corner, where he finds an abandoned arrowroot cookie. Yum.

Shina understands how Mithril feels, but all she does to suggest such is smile slightly as the Verlashi passes by her to get to the abandoned cookie in the corner.

"If you say you have known Miss Sosiqui as long as you have, then she would know best, I would think," she comments before daring to close her eyes for more than a couple seconds. She has to force them open again with effort to watch the proceedings.

"The only other here is Bronwen, and I do not think her to be the proper age to be a Guardian. No offense meant, good miss," she says with a broader smile directed to the little lady she is speaking of. "I do believe you are being put 'on the spot', m'lady."

Sundragyn
"Oh, Sosi, you're not helping." Sunny runs her fingers through her hair. "This is the weirdest day... next time people fall out of the sky I'm going to pretend I'm not home..."

"Please," Ghlyssa says. "There isn't anyone else. Please."

Sunny reaches for a chair. "I... I need to sit down." She does so, heavily. "Who am I kidding? I can't say no. I can't."

Bronnie squeaks indignantly. That was HER cookie. She was saving it.

AnyaToo
Airi is staring quietly at the gathering, beads of sweat forming on her temples. Concentration. Patience. Serenity. This battle could still be won ... they were all pointing at this lady. Her - Ghlyssa's Guardian?

"You are not human." - Airi stated looking at the woman. "What do you know of Ghlyssa? Do you know what Ghlyssa's dream is?" - she then challenged openly.

"You have to know her. If you become her guardian you will have to know her well, better then any other so that you do not change Ghlyssa's dream, her self, inadvertently."

Sosiqui
"We can teach her?" Riven says, quietly. "She can learn.. just don't let Ghlyssa fade..."

Sundragyn
"... I just met her. How could I know something like that?" Sunny fights to keep the wail out of her voice. "I don't suppose there's any time for a crash course..."

Shina nods to Riven's hurried words, "I also offer myself to help teach Miss Benalli about Ghlyssa, and I'm sure Ghlyssa can also teach her about herself as well."

Her eyes flare with renewed wakefulness as she sits up straighter. "Please, don't give up on this possibility just because of your lacking in confidence, Miss Benalli. We will help to support you and Ghlyssa."

AnyaToo
As Sunny responded it dawned to Airi that she was asking an impossible thing. But it had to be said. They both needed to know what could happen.

"I understand that."

She then stopped and thoguht about it more. She COULD make the bond temporary. It woudl give Ghlyssa a week to see what she wanted to do and who she wanted her Guardian to be. It would give her more of a choice.

Her finger still bleeding, she took Ghlyssa's hand in hers and with the other got ahold of Sunny's.

"I ... I think I can make this bond ... temporary. It'll give you a few days to think about it ... and try to find another guardian or maybe get to know this woman better. Is this good?"

Sosiqui
Riven nods, looking from his own Guardian to Sundragyn to Airi and back to Ghlyssa again. He reallllly doesn't like how he can see his hands through her. "Please?"

Sosiqui sidles up to Sun and puts one hand on her shoulder, squeezing gently. "This is awful sudden, isn't it? But thank you... you can ask me if you need anything, being an old veteran of all this and whatnot." She smiles gently at her old friend, hoping to leech away some of the strangeness of this moment with her own familiar presence.

AnyaToo
(( blaugh OOCly - GOOD JOB!))

Airi nodded and smiled at Ghlyssa. It was pretty clear where the sympathies lied here. Then she turned to Sunnya and gave her a sharp look just in case.

"If you do not, then you will change her. And then you will make Riven and many others sad." Then Airi figured she had intimidated this new not-quite-human lady enough and smiled "Thank you for offering"

The process of bonding was simple. Airi closed her eyes, holding the two hands and opened them shortly after. Ghlyssa's body was no longer weak .. but it felt odd, not quite the same as before. Airi let the two hands go and put her cut figner into her mouth to stop the bleeding. Her hands and wrists were covered with scars, hairthin but still visible enough.

Shina sits back and finally lets her eyes close. Ghlyssa is safe, Riven is here, Sosiqui is here, Ghlyssa may even have a new Guardian... Things are better. Not perfect, but at least better.

A soft sigh escapes her as her body settles back into her chair, her eyes not opening as she finally allows herself to slip past the edge of conciousness and into the realm of slumber. Her wings are her blanket, as she is tired enough that it doesn't matter that she is practically sitting up right now.

Sundragyn
Sunny sighs, resigned. She pulls back her own hand, and stares at it. "I'll do my best. I'll do better than my best, even if it does turn out temporary.

"Thank you, miss," Ghlyssa murmurs. "I really do appreciate it... beyond words..." She stands, uncertainly, no longer filled with that heaviness, that lethargy.

"Sunny... just... Sunny." She waves her hand, trying to play off some of the unease she feels.

Bronwen blinks, trying to figure out what the heck just happened.

Sosiqui
Sosiqui looks down at Bronwen and blinks. "Hey, kiddo." She gently prods Sunny. "Want me to babysit for Bronnie for a little bit? I can handle her while you handle... all this." She smiles at the little girl. "I can't show you neat animals like Riven can, but I still remember how to play."

Riven hovers by Ghlyssa's side, still looking between her, Sunny, and Airi. He can feel the tension of this new bond, very vaguely. "How can I help?" he asks nobody in particular.

AnyaToo
The earth child was no longer in danger. Airi looked at Riven and nodded her head at him. She had saved her for him, hasn't she. He would remember that, Airi knew. But now she was no longer needed here. Ghlyssa and ... Sunny ... had a lot to talk about, Shina was asleep form exhaustion. Riven and Sosi would probably stau here to help. She was the only one who should leave.

Airi floated towards the door and nodded her head at everyone: "I think all is well now."

Then Riven asked and she felt she should answer: "If you stay with GHlyssa and help her find what she needs now, that would be best."
Sundragyn
((G'night Anya. Thank you.))

"Thank you, Sosi." Sunny is attempting to not look too overwhelmed, though she feels it. "You have no idea how much I would appreciate that right now."

Bronnie giggles and latches onto Sosi's leg.

Ghlyssa is suddenly unnerved. She seeks out Riven's hand and squeezes it.

Sunny offers her hand to Ghlyssa. "Look. Um. I'm not really sure how this works, or how it's going to work, or anything, but... I do mean well. And I really don't mind at all. I've been collecting transients since forever. You can ask my brother--oh, wait." She frowns. "Well, who cares what Ray thinks. Look, my point is that it really isn't any trouble to have an extra person around, because we usually do. My home is home for anyone needs one. It's always been like that."

Glee smiles slightly and takes Sunny's hand with her free hand. "Um. Well. Thank you. You seem nice, anyway, and I believe you."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff