Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sosiqui
Sosiqui came back to Sundragyn's house with several heavy bags dangling from her arms. "Oof." She struggled to open the front door and dragged everything to the kitchen, where she plopped all the bags on the table. "I went to Svrellia's house," she explained, her voice dropping so that Ghlyssa wouldn't hear her. "The door was open; it was rather ransacked inside. Probably the same b*****d that..." Her voice choked up and she took a few deep breaths. "Anyway. It took me a while, but here."

She produced several books from the bags. "Photo album of Glee. Svrellia's old journal. And Ghlyssa's own journal. Read them, they'll help a lot, I think... and a few things I managed to salvage for Ghlyssa herself. A lot of stuff was just destroyed, I think out of anger or just plain being-an-a*****e... but here."

Sosiqui dumped out the next bag. A few toys fell out of it. She picked up one of them, a beaver plushie, with a smile. "Riven has one just like it. I'm glad hers is okay."
User Image
I think they're special, from when they were kids... ask Riven about that one, he might remember. And these things were on the doorstep. Note got mangled, but I can tell it was Riven's handwriting," she chuckled.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Hopefully those will be some help," Sosiqui sighed, flopping down in one of the kitchen chairs.
Sunny had buried herself in journals, curled in the corner of the living room and nibbling on potato chips.

Ray came into the room and cleared his throat. Sunny looked up.

"There are," he told his sister in a strained voice, "two strange people in one of the guest rooms. And when I mean strange, I mean one of them is purple, and the other one is green."

"The purple one is Sosiqui's son--you remember her, right? The young lady is Ghlyssa and she'll be staying here for a while. Perhaps indefinitely."

"Ali... not again."

"Too late for arguments. It was all decided. I'll explain later." Sunny sighed and shoved the journals aside; her eyes were fatigued. She rose, moved Ray aside, and headed upstairs.

She found Ghlyssa alone in the room. "Where'd Riven go?"

"He said he was getting me something to drink. I was sort of thirsty."

"Ah. I see." Sunny sat down on the foot of the bed. "You still doing okay?"

"I suppose so," Ghlyssa said after a moment. She screwed up her face, and for a moment, looked about to cry.

"I was reading all that stuff Sosi brought by. Um. Something about you being the Earthkeeper?"

"Something like that. Who was that man who came down the hall a little while ago?"

"That's my brother, Ray." Sunny rolled her eyes. "If he seems annoyed, he's annoyed at me, not you."

Ghlyssa looked uncomfortable. "I don't want to be a bother, but... I had a harp... two harps..."

Sunny privately thought that, judging by what Sosi had said, it was unlikely either had survived. "I haven't heard. I'll ask."

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

Riven drifted back in, carrying a full cup of cold water. "Here you go, Ghlyssa - oh, hi, Miss Sundragyn." He smiled at her, looking a little wan after sleeping in a chair all night, but he seemed happy enough. "Did my mom get the journals for you?"
Sunny nodded. "She did. It's been... very helpful." Confusing, perplexing, worrying, but helpful all the same. "I will have to thank her for that thought." After she recovers.

Ghlyssa smiles, a little uncertainly, and hugs her knees.

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

Just then, Sosiqui pokes her head around the corner. "Sunny? Do you know where the- ah." She smiles softly at Ghlyssa. "Hi there, hon. How are you doing?" Her smile widens mischeviously at Riven's obvious posessive care for the girl.

Riven holds the glass of water out to Ghlyssa. "It might help... or I can go get juice or something?"
"Water's just fine, Riven. Thank you." Holding the glass in both hands, she takes a long drink before answering Sosi. "I... don't know. I feel better, I guess, but... I still..." She looks miserable.

Sunny grimaces, almost as unhappily.

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui nods. "It's understandable." Her voice sort of cracks, but when she looks up her face is clear. "I... I was at your house, Ghlyssa. Is there anything I can try and get for you? Some things are, ah, broken, but I can try and find something if you feel you really need it."

Riven hovers next to Ghlyssa, feeling rather useless. He's honestly not sure how much affection and care he should give - after so much time away from her, so much worry and so many problems, he'd really like to just hug her a whole lot, maybe try the kiss thing again... but another part of him is saying that's overkill. Sigh. So confusing. AGAIN.
"Did you see my harps, at all? Mom did give them to me, after all... I'd like them, if I could have them." Ghlyssa looks up nervously, and moves, very slightly, towards Riven.

"I said we'd ask," Sunny volunteers.

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

"Harps." Sosiqui's forehead wrinkles in thought. "I'll go look. Can you think of anything else, so I can make just one trip?" She looks at Sunny. "Oh. And Bronnie's with Ray.... I think. Poor Ray, he looked perturbed..."

"Ah!" Riven suddeny bends down and reaches into the bag near the bed. "My mom got these from your house. Remember?" He produces the beaver plushie, grinning broadly. "Bee-fur."
"I can't think of anything..." She looks at the beaver, and Glee begins to giggle, the sort of hysterical laughter that comes in a light moment after heavy stress. "I remember. I remember!" She enfolds the beaver in a close hug and leans on Riven. "It seems so long ago..." She shuts her eyes and laughs soundlessly.

"Ray's a little confused about it all... I have yet to sit him down and give him the 411, though, knowing him..." Sunny shrugs easily, and gives Ghlyssa a slightly concerned look.

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

"Okay, just the harp then." Sosiqui nods to Sunny before slipping out, quietly. The front door opens and closes a moment later.

Riven laughs, too. "We were so worried it was going to eat you... and then it just bowed. It knew you were special, tree-lady," he teases, gently. He looks up at Sundragyn. "Did that story about the beaver get written down in any of those journals? I will tell you, sometime, if not... we can't ever forget that."
"Not in anything I was given," Sunny says easily. "But there's time enough for that, I suppose."

"It was chasing me, though," Ghlyssa giggles. "What was I supposed to think?"
Spell of Fox Fire

A jewelry box that sat alone within the confines of the old room that was once Ghlyssa's suddenly poofed up with blue flame. It didnt catch on anything but the box and note itself and then vanishes as if it were never there.

Elsewhere though, a distance from where it had been it reappeared on the counter of Sunny's kitchen. The note attached to it was old and read the same words of when it was first given to Ghlyssa a while back:

'Created for Ghlyssa is a pretty chocker called 'Spring Bloom' the colors and design inspired by the Fa'e girl herself. I hope that she likes it. ^_^

User Image

Rayne

As Rayne had told Nyoka once, when she made a piece of jewelry she and it knew who it belonged to and it seemed the piece desired to be with the one that it was created for.

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

"You carried me then, I was so little! It was so fun flying with you, I still remember that..." He doesn't mention the last time they flew together, the last time they saw each other.

After a time of talking and reminiscing, there's some noise and Sosiqui comes in, looking a little bit dirty. "Found ... something," she says, holding up a small child's lap-harp. "Is this it? There was another, larger one, but it was pinned under a bookshelf that fell over... I couldn't get it out. It looked damaged."

User Image
"Ohhhh." Ghlyssa reaches for it. "One of them... I'm so glad... thank you... thanks so much..." She plucks a few strings, smiling very slightly. "It wasn't any trouble?"

"It's a very beautiful instrument," Sunny muses, "well made." She shuts her eyes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff