Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PLZ JOIN OUR GUILD!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's your friendly neighborhood political action group, The D-Party!

Hi hello howdy.
                                  We the D-Patry heard that this year we wouldn't have a V-Day event. Luckily, this turned out to be false!

We were quite concerned because this is a perfect excuse to have a party, and we were not.

We believe that Diedrich would want a party and some new believers, and so we have made this thread.

Enjoy!

The party will run February 12th through February 18th so try to enter all the contests you want!

Many years ago, when Diedrich first created the Gaia Online, he set aside Valentine's Day to be the day that he drove all of the snakes out of Ireland. On this day of remembrance, Gaians usually trade mad libs to one another endlessly as a representation of the ouroboros to commemorate the snakes that were lost that day. Such a tragedy.

Diedrich knew he should repent for his crimes, so he made Valentine's Day about love. Diedrich knows a lot about love. If you ever need advice, you can just look to his words on the subject.

*See under spoiler to learn a thing or two on love*

• A good "red flag" to watch out for is if your date has a prior history of pressing charges against you specifically.
                                  • Always wear shoes you can run in. Just in case. This is not just for dates, but for everyday life.
                                  • Anxiety about dating? Ask your doctor to put you under full general anesthesia for the duration of the date.
                                  • Be considerate and open doors for your date. They'll be pleasantly surprised when they wake up.
                                  • Be sure to maintain eye contact as much as possible. At least 30% of the time spent on dates should consist of solid eyeball-to-eyeball touching.
                                  • Being mysterious makes you attractive! Try cultivating an interesting tic, or laughing at things that aren't there.
                                  • Compliment your date on his or her laughter by comparing it to the beautiful cry of the duck.
                                  • Compliment your date on how attractive they look. If they don't look attractive, HOLD NOTHING BACK!
                                  • Confidence is important. Show you are the leader of the pack by tying lots of little dogs to your belt to drag behind you.
                                  • Destruction derbies can be romantic. Point to two of the cars slamming together and liken it to your hearts, but change the subject when the cars start smoking.
                                  • Display your gifts for resourcefulness by retrieving any edible scraps from your date's garbage.
                                  • Don't abandon your date-- always ask if they would like to accompany you to the bathroom.
                                  • Don't use any corny pick-up lines, such as: "Do you distribute any coupons? I feel like I should be getting those clothes half off."
                                  • Etiquette tip: it's considered polite to look up from your phone at least twice during dates.
                                  • Even if it's early in your relationship, don't be afraid to get the name of your partner tattooed on your body. If they break your heart, you can always write "sucks" underneath it.
                                  • Everybody's favorite subject is themselves. Prepare a full surveillance dossier on your date!
                                  • Everyone enjoys a good sense of humor, so prepare for your date by coming up with plenty of cruel taunts and stinging ethnic barbs.
                                  • Figure out your best facial feature and accentuate it with lots of glittery lipstick.
                                  • Forgot to bring a gift? Your date's couch is probably full of change. Grab it when they leave the room and come up flush as an oil tycoon!
                                  • Get your date to confide in you by implying you are a lawyer and are constantly under attorney-client privilege. (If you are a lawyer like me, don't do this. You could get in BIG trouble).
                                  • If you are concerned about rude waitstaff ruining a high pressure date, tell the restaurant that your partner has a terminal illness to ensure great service.
                                  • If you don't have good coordination, you can dance just by moving the parts of your face along with the music.
                                  • If you feel your romantic partner is becoming distant, leave derogatory graffitti in public places to make sure they don't have any other options.
                                  • If you happen to shatter any backboards this Valentine's Day, try to contort your body into a heart shape as the glass fragments rain down on you. When you get up, the beautiful heart shape left behind will be an unmistakable message to your lover.
                                  • It's important your date gets along with your friends, so play it safe by only dating your friends' current partners.
                                  • Loud, pulsing music naturally builds arousal, but if that's not available then rhythmic yelling works just as well.
                                  • Make your date the center of attention-- tell the waitstaff it's your date's birthday, then leave when everyone starts singing.
                                  • Oysters are an aphrodisiac. Always have a few in your pockets.
                                  • People are attracted to interesting and accomplished people. That's why it's important to be a good liar.
                                  • People want mates who can provide everything they need. On your first date, bring along a tank of oxygen, a carton of salt, a few gallons of water and a tent.
                                  • Preparing a romantic meal for your date is always a good gesture, but don't mess up your clothes and get all sweaty running around your neighborhood trying to tackle a goose. Just go to the store! (A policeman helped me out with this one.)
                                  • Prior to a romantic ostrich ride together, consider having a crafty date night where you decorate each other's protective facemasks. (Ostriches can turn their heads around and are likely to peck at their rider's face and neck.)
                                  • Sex pheromones are your #1 tool for attracting the opposite sex. Load up by rubbing against unwashed animals. (Hint: you can find them at the pet store).
                                  • Showering washes away your natural pheromones, which are vital to attracting mates. I prefer a nice dust bath!
                                  • There is a popular rumor that you can do whatever crimes you want on Leap Day and the cops can't arrest you. It's not true. Just take your partner on a date. Attempt no crime sprees.
                                  • To find out your date's likes and dislikes, tail them for a day or two. You can learn the most about a person by watching them when they sleep.
                                  • Want to be tied to your date forever by the legal system? Make them complicit in a crime.
                                  • Watch out for relationship red flags. They can be found by rummaging through your date's flag collection.
                                  • Wear a white coat and dispense medical advice to meet interesting and vulnerable people.
                                  • You don't want to be one of those annoying people who asks the same question twice, so after each date record any new information in your sprawling "Date Facts" spreadsheet.

That Diedrich really knows his stuff.

As leader of the Free Gaia,Diedrich must be careful not to send us into a nuclear holocaust. But he can send out explosions of love!

Thank you for stopping by The D-Party's Valentine's Day thread. We have fun contests for you to participate in as well as some Diedrich-inspired Valentines you can send to your friends.

OK! Thank you for stopping by! Bye bye!

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

• Follow Gaia's Terms of Service.
                                • Be nice to everybody!
                                • Follow contest guidelines.
                                • Love Diedrich!
                                • Please don't quote the first page
                                • Do not put hazardous cleaning supplies where Diedrich can reach them.
                                • If you bring any medications into the D-Party, please make sure they are in child-proof bottles.
                                • Diedrich will eat anything he finds so be careful.
                                • LOVE EACHOTHER!

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
CUREENTLY JUDGING ALL CONTESTS. THANK YOU FOR ENTERING!

Ok! You can have a chance to win some cool items! Just roll 20 20-sided dice as a post action in this thread. If you get a number total of 280 or larger, you may PM me with a link to your winning post and choose one of the following prizes:

Diedrich's Crew
                                  Sad, Sad Pig Boy won by [Elske]-[XXIX]
                                  Lovely Petals won by BLStoner
                                  Pora Ice won by Robot Giny

Diedra has a big crush on Diedrich. But there is a problem. Nobody knows what she looks like! For this contest, we want you to show us what she looks like in art! PM me your Entry!

1st prize: Soundtrack of Love and sad, sad pig boy and Chocaholic Cherry Fondue
                                  2nd: Romantic Dinner and I herd u lyke Diedrichs
                                  3rd: V-Day 2k11 Kissing Booth

Zana Bonanza
                                  Hey boss, I doodled an entry. Setting the bar high!

User Image

BLStoner
                                  Little hey, little ho!

Diedra

User Image

Sincerely
                                  XXXXXStoner

Red Wysteria
                                  My Diedra Art Entry~
                                  Poor unnoticed Diedra! She's really pretty girly for a typical grunny. She's smarter than she looks, she dots her i's with <3's, and dreams of bunny love with Diedrich. She always watches him doing his presidential duties on the telly, but does he even know she exists? Right here she's making Anon valentines for her true love, but too shy to deliver herself. She might look fat to you humans (it's true she has been eating to many...well, everything), but to the grunnies, it is a sign of health (add on the extra fluffy fur, too!) Her tongue always sticks out slightly like that. Isn't she cute? I wonder if Diedrich would find her as attractive as she finds him.
                                  User Image
                                  Happy Valentine's!

Ella-Maie
                                  User Image

While we all know Diedrich rose from Gambino's ashes, it's told in legends that Diedra was born from Flynn's Booty.
                                  (There's a terrible double meaning there...)
                                  Where Diedrich is still opulent (in his eating habits), he is also energetic and loving.
                                  Diedra, meanwhile, is still rich (but generous), kind, and....the third one's a mystery. Who knows what this girl's capable of.

Silly backstory aside, I kind of set her up as the rich girl who just wants the average joe to notice her, instead of, say, Radio Jack, who's rather mean and rude, despite being of the same social class as Diedra.

Hane-to-Yume
                                  User Image

I just can't stop laughing. The Grunny eyes always look like they're so...drugged. XD

dogo1234

She's a wanna-be grunny~ Her infatuation with Diedrich has made her resort to stalking. heart

You are very lucky! You just got lucky with Diedrich. You have just spent a night with Diedrich! Show us what you look like with a tektek. PM your entry to me.

1st Prize: Love Hurts and I herd u lyke Diedrichs and Chocaholic Cream Fondue
                                  2nd: I herd u lyke Diedrichs and Lovers' Letters
                                  3rd: V-Day 2k11 Kissing Booth

angelpinkydoe

Imrae Myett
                                  User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Yes, I would dress this nice for a date with Diedrich. I think he wouldn't make too much off a mess.

Darksp

WHY

[Elske]-[XXIX]

'Allo!

I have a TekTek entry for your contest.
                                  If I'm going to feel awesome about spending the night with Diedrich, I imagine a lively sort of slumberparty thing with much eventful wakings up.

Something like:

Yeata Zi

What did I do last night?

Zana Bonanza

(I wish it was facing the other way.)

EarlyBirdPie
                                  It looks like my life as an angel is over. Diedrich we had a good run.

xXJuvia-samaXx
                                  A Night of Love emotion_bigheart
                                  I-Iwanna Tell you... It was awesome wink

ShatteredSoulOnFire
                                  Thanks For Your Time ^^

naruwookie

He asked me to join him for a romantic campfire in the forest after the dinner. I do not know why it ended up with many Diedrichs on me. Okay.

p/s : That dress.. it's not what you think, trust me. oAo -flails-

Tiki Huggies

+[Teh Amish Kotex Fairy]+
                                  My avatar entry for your thread.

Diedra needs your help again! She wishes to woo Diedrich with her words, but doesn't know any good Pick Up lines! Submit one to us that will be sure to catch Diedrich's Attention! PM your entry to me.

1st Prize: Barentain De no Keki and I herd u lyke Diedrichs and Chocaholic Fondue
                                  2nd Prize: Giacamo's Charm and I herd u lyke Diedrichs
                                  3nd: V-Day 2k11 Kissing Booth

KF-Socky: "Are you wearing Space Pants? cause your a** is out of this world!"
                                  Zana Bonanza: "My love for you is like diarrhea: I just can't hold it in!" emotion_awesome
                                  Eclair Corona : "Is there a bomb in your back pocket? Cuz your a** is blowin' my mind!"
                                  DaintyCrayon: "Did you sit in a pile of sugar? Cause you have a pretty sweet a**."
                                  naruwookie: "Hey, did you just dropped a radioactive things into my drink? Because I can feel my heart start mutating to like you."
                                  Eloquent Darling: "Were you arrested earlier? Because I'm pretty sure it's illegal to look that good. "
                                  xxLuckyLionxx : "You look so familiar… didn't we take a class together? I could've sworn we had chemistry..."

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

Our very own talented KF-socky has agreed to do ukulele serenades. You just need to ask her about it and she will maybe play you a song!

KF-Socky

Hiya. I'm KF-Socky from the Music Department over at the D-Party.
                                  You might have heard some of my works before:

"That one time with the thing",

"Potatoes can't fuel our love no more"
                                  or
                                  "The "B" in subtle is like how you make me feel."

Regardless, I'll be making random Ukulele serenades for people who stick around in the forum.

If you have a special request, quote me and I'll see what I can do.

[quote="KF-Socky"][/quote]

Some of our members have agreed to do art freebies for people who post regularly in this thread. Stick around and you may get some art! If you are interested in giving art for us here at the D-Party, send me a PM and I will see about hooking you up. classified_diedrich

Artists:
                                  Inuyasha_roxs_08
                                  Zana Bonanza

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

Since Gaia isn't giving us any Valentines to send to our friends this year, the D-Party has decided to take it upon ourselves to provide some Valentines to send to your friends. You may use any that you like. Would you liek to provide your own Valentine for us? Send it to me! Ok! Thank you!

Provided by: Gaia
                                  [IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/2qxb7z4.png[/IMG]

Provided By:Zana Bonanza

User Image
                                  [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Zana_Anza/Stuffeh/died3_zpsd28fe992.png[/img]

User Image
                                  [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Zana_Anza/Stuffeh/died1_zps2f45c1c5.png[/img]

User Image
                                  [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Zana_Anza/Stuffeh/died2_zps68f96d35.png[/img]

Provided by: KF-Socky
                                  [IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/b7gfwj.png[/IMG]

Provided by: Hassli
                                  [IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2ighv8x.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/65olsl.png[/IMG]

Provided by: Hestia Carrow
                                  User Image
                                  [img]http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b613/laurdonfriedrichs/GaiaVDayJPGDONE_zpsf1fecba2.jpg[/img]

Provided by: inyasha_roxs_08
                                  User Image
                                  [img]http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp279/inuyasha_roxs_08/Art I have done/diedirchclosing_zps8eab1a51.jpg[/img]

Provided by Star of the South:
                                  User Image

[img]http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz227/shutuppotato/diedrichvday_zpsebe1cd3f.png[/img]

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

Gaia wasn't originally planning on having an event, but they changed their minds thanks to community outcry! Which is really cool if you ask us! Here is a bit of a guide on how this event works.

You can play Switchem

There will be one item for every day you log in. Just click the bear thing in the header!
                                  User Image

Day 1: User Image
                                  Day 2: User Image
                                  Day 3: User Image
                                  Day 4: User Image

There are also Switchem Prizes!

User Image after level 2
                                  User Image after level 4
                                  User Image after level 6
                                  User Image after Level 8
                                  User Image after level 10
                                  User Image after level 12
                                  User Image after level 14
                                  User Image after level 16

Also, a finni freebie: Available here
                                  User Image

Typically NPCs will send valentines to the people who send them valentines.

Community Members put together NPC Valentine's Here. Once they are posted, I will try to add them to the thread. These were not made by Gaia, but by the people in the GCD.

TBA

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Ok! We are open now!

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

Cliff Thurst's Other Half

Steadfast Believer

YAY! This is just what V-Day needs,
Our lord and savior, Diedrich.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
KF-Socky
A Diedrich for everyone!

Steadfast Believer

Hassli
KF-Socky
A Diedrich for everyone!

D-PARTY! emotion_brofist

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
KF-Socky
Hassli
KF-Socky
A Diedrich for everyone!

D-PARTY! emotion_brofist
WOOOH!

I made an invitation for people

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-projects/d-day-explosions-of-love-a-d-party-v-day-thread/t.90392447/][IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/64fbra.png[/IMG][/url]

So if you think of someone you want to invite, we have this.

Steadfast Believer

Hassli
KF-Socky
Hassli
KF-Socky
A Diedrich for everyone!

D-PARTY! emotion_brofist
WOOOH!

I made an invitation for people

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-projects/d-day-explosions-of-love-a-d-party-v-day-thread/t.90392447/][IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/64fbra.png[/IMG][/url]

So if you think of someone you want to invite, we have this.

On it!

emotion_yatta

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
And now I probably feel bad because no one goes to our party lol

Damn you Gaia for not having a V-Day forum!

Demonic Wife

16,100 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
May be a little too classy for this party but it doesn't matter. At least diedrich supports love unlike radio jack. Why all the Anti Love with him. Love is a great thing as is friendship.

Well hello I did say i'd pop in

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces