Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gregapeg's Wife

Spicy Sweetheart

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

EDIT: Congratulations to our WINNERS!

GRAND Prizes:

1st place: 500K
2nd place: 300K
3rd place: 200K

CONSOLATION Prizes: Small gold amounts and/or random items. Every participant will get something even if they don't place.

MINI-CONTESTS and GAMES Prizes: TBA @ time events are posted. May consist of zOMG rings. J/S.

Quote:
CONTEST AND SUBMISSION DETAILS

CONTEST: Fictional prose writing. EDIT: Poetry now accepted as well, but all poems should still tell a story.

Theme: Halloween AND zOMG

1) The story must be zOMG-related, meaning that it must be set in zOMG world or be heavily associated with zOMG in some way. If you have an idea that you're not sure qualifies, feel free to post or PM me to ask about it.

2) The story must also be Halloween-themed. That doesn't mean it has to be scary or even set on Halloween night, but the concept must be there (EX: zOMG players enroll in a school for monsters). Just use your imagination here, post or PM questions if you're unsure.

Who can participate: Anyone and everyone.

Admission: Free

Story length minimum: None.

Story length maximum: Since I'm not getting many entries, I no longer care about a max length. c:

DEADLINE
: October 31, 2012 (11:59 PM PST)

WHERE and HOW to submit: See POST # 3 for more details.

Gregapeg's Wife

Spicy Sweetheart

(More rules to be added as needed)

GENERAL THREAD RULES

1) Follow the ToS.

2) No negative or "constructive" criticism of any work posted here, please. This is not a crit thread or a writing workshop. It's a contest thread that's meant to be fun. Any violation of this rule may lead to banning from the thread. Just don't do it.

3) No arguments. I encourage discussions and even debates, but if it gets personal or is clearly part of some kind of personal vendetta, it's done.

4) Do NOT quote any of the posts on this first page.

5) Respect mah authoritah! What I say, goes.

Gregapeg's Wife

Spicy Sweetheart

CRITERIA

1) PM your story to me.

2) TITLE your story or I'll do it for you, and you may not like what I come up with.

3) Use spell check before submitting please. I don't expect spelling or grammar perfection, but have a little pride for my weary little eyes.

4) WARNING: ALL stories submitted to me WILL be posted in the thread for others to enjoy. I will post them in the thread myself to prevent tampering (so be sure your story is what you want it to be before submitting), but if you would like to remain anonymous, I'll post it under a pen name of your choice.

GENERAL CONTEST RULES

1) No plagiarism.

2) No use of real Gaia users as characters that would be deemed as offensive and inappropriate by those users (i.e. you might want to get people's consent to use them in your stories).

3) No sexual content... sexual innuendos are okay as long as they aren't too explicit and graphic, lol. But basically, no sex scenes or sexual acts, please.

4) Watch your language.

This is a PG-13 site so I expect all stories to remain within the PG-13 realm, please keep that in mind.

Gregapeg's Wife

Spicy Sweetheart

1) Me: Not much to say, except I'll be focusing on content more than anything else. I don't have a preference for anything, just keep within the guidelines, do your best and have fun.

2) Owlie: She doesn't have much to say, either, but she did warn that she's a little bit of a grammar Nazi. emotion_c8

3) Silent Judge #1: A real-life friend of mine. She's got a Masters in English, but she doesn't know how to spell the word "cheek". No, really, I caught her in the act just the other day, and she will never live it down. If she tries to grade your stories like she would a school paper, I will use this as ammunition against her. //Fukii has your back

4) Silent Judge #2: Another real-life friend of mine. He fell into a bonfire last week right after his girlfriend explicitly told him not to fall into the bonfire. There were no drugs or alcohol involved. That's how lame he is. Now he's got a lot of free time on his hands. 8D He wrote the poems in the first post. emotion_awesome

5) azphyxxxiate: As with the tradition of the judges in this contest, he doesn't have anything to say about himself, too. This is that kind of contest. We are those kind of people.

How judging will take place: After the deadline has expired, each story will be read by each judge. Notes will be made and votes will be placed, and winners should be announced within a week's time (this is a very rough guesstimation, obviously will depend on how many stories we get and how long the stories end up being).

Gregapeg's Wife

Spicy Sweetheart

Dead Man's Forest?, by yoshiman32892

Zombie Grunny, iPervertedxCupcake

Vigil of a Dozen Candles, by homo ch r o m a t i c - -

The OMG, by WideEyed

zOMC!: Battle of Halloween Town, by Berryfarmer

A Walk Along the Ripper Rail, by Hybernation

Halloween Bloodlust is the Answer, by The SentineI

The Easy Way, by Spotless-_-sunshine

The Dark, by Harajunkie

Gregapeg's Wife

Spicy Sweetheart

November 5: Main Contest Winners announced.

November 1: Judging commenced.

October 31: Mini-Contest Winners announced.

October 24: Mini-Contests posted.

Gregapeg's Wife

Spicy Sweetheart

MINI-CONTESTS and GAMES

All done now, you guys are no fun. Except for our awesome winners. emotion_awesome

(I had more contests in mind, but real life events have culminated into a soul-sucking monster that I have to dedicate most of my faculties towards defeating. Forgive me as I bleeeeeeeed.)

Gregapeg's Wife

Spicy Sweetheart

zOMG! The Winners ~!!!

1st place: The OMG, by WideEyed
2nd place: Vigil of a Dozen Candles, by homo ch r o m a t i c - -
3rd place: The Dark, by Harajunkie

Congratulations to our winners, and thank you to everyone who participated in this contest. ^^ The grand prizes will be traded to the winners and a 50k consolation prize will be traded to all other entrants.

Thank you again for the fun reads -- I may hold a similar contest for the Christmas season, so watch out for it.

Gregapeg's Wife

Spicy Sweetheart

Tektek Contest Winner

Kokeshi doll dressed as a Yurei (ref. The Ring), by Silk Kanishk

------------------------------------------------------------

"What have you done to my children?!" Contest Winner

yoshiman32892
Lorelei: What have you done to my children?!
yoshiman32892: we put them on the sushi menu

Gregapeg's Wife

Spicy Sweetheart

Aaaand, open. Sorry, guys, this thread is as pretty as it's gonna get.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff