Allegiance» Neutral

Detailed General Information User Image
▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Eye Color» Silver
Hair Color» Graying Black
Body Built» Tall, large, and muscular.
Height» 6'3"
Weight» 225 lbs
Powers» Empathy is the ability to feel and experience the emotions of those closest. More often than not, these emotions are much louder than the Empath's own feelings. In Bryan's case, the radius, currently, reaches about two hundred feet. Once, this connection to those around him drove him to do terrible things, but he has since learned to bear the strain; gaining the unfortunate ability to, for all intents and purposes, ignore his own emotions.

Pathokinesis is the ability to effect the emotions of those closest. Bryan has never been very adept with this skill and had only ever been able to produce a wave of feeling for those around him; never enough to control someone or change someone's mood entirely. Mainly, this is use in emergent situations to keep everyone as calm as possible.

Patho-Ergokinesis, or the ability to control emotional energy, is Bryan's greatest power by far. This ability allows Bryan to tap into the powers of other mutants and use them at well. This connection, however, has very specific guidelines to it; Bryan must have a substantial emotional connection to the person in question, they must be in his Empathic range, and only works with active abilities that can be turned on and off. Physical contact may help speed up the process of accessing someone's emotional energy, but it is not necessary. Eye contact, however, is the quickest way. The moment Bryan's silver eyes lock onto someone else's, they flash slightly and a connection is opened, allowing him full access. Again, this power is only applicable to Bryan's most cherished relationships and is, therefore, extremely limited.

Bryan also has a sort of resistance to telepathy, in that, once used in his empathic range, any telepathy causes extremely painful feedback for both parties. Feeling a telepath at all is not very pleasant and accessing their emotional energy would be excruciating.

Mutant Threat Lvl » Beta
Origins» Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Likes User Image
▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Smoking
Silence
Tattoos
Eyes
Sex

Dislikes User Image
▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Apples
Pretension
Children
Heroine
Television

Strengths User Image
▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Accomplished street fighter
Very intuitive
Fairly strong
Respectful
Calculating and quick thinker

Weaknesses User Image
▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Chase
Telepathy
Attacks from beyond his Empathic range
Women

General Information User Image
▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Personality» On the outside, Bryan is a very stoic person. He is not one to voice an opinion without personal gain. Other matter are simply irrelevant. Beneath his hardened and cold exterior, lies a man who has felt a thousand men's pain and has almost been consumed by it. He has always struggled with right and wrong, wanting so desperately to atone for his past mistakes, but completely unable to turn from the darkness. Bryan will, depending on the person, make as ultimate of a sacrifice as possible. Every light casts a shadow.

Biography» Bryan Thomas White was born and raised in the filthy metropolis of Philadelphia Pennsylvania. At the age of fourteen Bryan discovered his mutation. He awoke one morning to most peculiar sensation he'd ever felt; as though he was feeling twenty different things at once. For a few days, he kept to himself, trying drastically to gain control, but he fell to a self created curse and quickly lost control. The years until his eighteenth are, to this day, foggy. He found that certain drugs helped to ease the pain and, eventually, came to regard heroine as the only thing capable of shutting down his sixth sense.

This downward spiral came to end fairly quickly, however. On his eighteenth birthday, his parents banished him from his home and left him with nothing. Desperate for a way to survive, or, more realistically, a way to find some dope, he turned to a liquor store, stolen pistol in hand. After a loud and rather vicious conflict, Bryan lost control and shot the owner of the store square in the chest. As he crumpled to the ground, his wife came bursting into the room, a look of shocking horror on her face. Out of a monstrous instinct, he cut her down before she could muster a scream. Tucking the gun back into his jeans, he began to ransack the place for the most valuable things, aiming mostly for money. When he entered the back room, he saw something that would not only change his life forever, but scar him as well.

A baby boy. A toddler, playing with some bright colored toys in a mobile crib. The shock of the situation was more than he could bare, but there was something much more important to be done; this child needed someone. He couldn't just leave it. Seeing the baby had brought to light in his mind what he'd just done. By murdering two people, he'd irreversibly scarred this child for life.

The next few years were a silent time. Bryan only ever spoke to the boy, named Chase, by the look of his possessions, and attempted to avoid as much human contact as possible. But he, with the help of his new son, struggled through, kicking an addiction and, eventually, opening up a tattoo parlor in New York City after a grueling internship with a very crotchety old biker.

He now spends most of his time working or playing guitar.

Who's in control » Scorpion_Impulse
User Image

▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

RASH ll OPINIONATED ll HOT-HEADED

CHASE FREDRICK WHITE

General Info User Image
▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Code Name» Haze
Age» 22
Gender» Cisgender Male
Sexuality» Bisexual
Allegiance» Brotherhood

Detailed General Information User Image
▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Eye Color» Blue
Hair Color» Red
Body Built» Thickly athletic and toned
Height» 6'
Weight» 230 lbs
Powers» Typhokinesis is the ability to create and control smoke. In Chase's case, the smoke he wields is non-toxic and greyish-blue in color. When projected at something, the smoke and it's kinetic energy can easily knock back a human. He can compress smoke into a sphere and fire it at enemies as well, causing an explosion of smoke and air upon impact. Chase can also use smoke to move things and impair vision.

Smoke Mimicry allows Chase to change his body to smoke. This transformation causes his lines to blur when he moves. If stationary, there is no visible difference, but his body will whip and flow as smoke in motion. In this state, Chase has zero offensive might besides his smoke balls, and it usually forced to go on the defensive. This ability allows him to slip through cracks and spy very easily, as well as fly.

Picnokinesis, or the power to manipulate density, grants Chase the ability to change his body's density to either iron hard, or loose enough to pass through anything. In both states, he is completely invulnerable, but he can only sustain the power as long as he can hold his breath and, as a smoker, that's not a terribly long time. He can only control the density of his own body, nothing else.

Mutant Threat Lvl » Alpha
Origins» Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Likes User Image
▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Drugs
Sex
Fighting
Smoking
Freedom

Dislikes User Image
▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Authority
Oranges
Innocence
Talking
Sobriety

Strengths User Image
▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Experienced in street fighting
Quick thinker
Determined
Shameless
Confident

Weaknesses User Image
▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Anger
Extremely susceptible to power-based attacks
Shortsighted
Bull-headed

General Information User Image
▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Personality» Chase is a fairly rash, explosive, and generally ignorant person. He doesn't really care to hear the other side of the story, and would prefer to settle a score with aggression. He does not go out of his way to meet new people and rarely speaks to people he doesn't like. Stubborn and blunt, Chase, however, can also be a very good friend; honest and unafraid to speak his mind. He does, believe it or not, hold a fairly high standard of loyalty.

Biography» Chase was born in Philadelphia and spent two years with his biological parents, only to have them ripped from his life two years in. Somehow, he wasn't entirely sure how and, as he got older, he found that he didn't really care, he ended up in the care of the only person he ever felt affection for. His dad was troubled, for sure. But Chase had never once felt put down, or let down, or anything but support from the man. It was the only part of his life he enjoyed.

His father had always struggled to provide, Chase could see that from a young age. But it never bothered the boy. In fact, the dingy old tattoo shop that his dad had done his internship in was, at that time, considered a second home to him. He knew he would never have a glamorous life, but he was okay with it. Once his dad opened his own shop, Chase started to learn the craft, himself.

Chase, to this day, does not know the identity of his parents' murderer. He does not actively search for anything, but has set himself to repay the favor if their paths ever do cross again.

Who's in control » Scorpion_Impulse

User Image
        Bryan Thomas White
        calculating ll emotional ll stoic
        Every emotion, if it is sincere, is involuntary.
        Neutral
        Scorpion_Impulse

User Image

(.xN E U T R A Lx.)
                                      ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

xxx
                                      B R Y A N - W H I T E

❝P A T H O S❞
                                      x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x

W H E R E ?:
                                      W I T H ?:
                                      O O C:

Quote:

xCHASEHAZE
        User Image
                      ❤❤❤❤❤
                      xson
                          His happiness is my purpose.

xALEXMOCKING BIRD
        User Image
                      ❤❤❤❤❤
                      xgood kid
                          My apprentice at the shop. He and Chase have been using each other as guide posts to find their way through youth. It never bothered me. I always enjoyed teaching him about pot and tatts. He got used to Chase and I quickly, so there must be something substantial there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Image
        Chase Fredrick White
        rash ll opinionated ll hot-headed
        The will of my whisp?
        Brotherhood
        Scorpion_Impulse

User Image

(.xBROTHERHOODx.)
                                      ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

xxx
                                      C H A S E - W H I T E

❝H A Z E

W H E R E ?:
                                      W I T H ?:
                                      O O C:

Quote:

xBRYANPATHOS
        User Image
                      ❤❤❤❤❤
                      xpops
                          My dad is the s**t. Coolest guy ever.

xLEVIHYPNOS
        User Image
                      ❤❤❤❤
                      xmy bro
                          Levi's the man. I've always had a stress free, sick nasty time with him. He knows how to defuse me.

xALEXEEREBOS
        User Image
                      ❤❤❤❤
                      xfellow brother
                          I don't know about Alexe. He seems too heavy on Levi, but then again, who the ******** am I to judge what Levi does. I'm sure Alexe isn't all that bad....

xALEXMOCKING BIRD
        User Image
                      ❤❤❤❤
                      xbro
                          Alex is really cool. We have a lot of good times, if you know what I mean. Can't rip a bong like me, but who can?

xZAPHORAECLIPSE
        User Image
                      ❤❤❤❤❤
                      xbrohood boss
                          This b***h is crazy hott. I'm tryna tap that. Plus, I hear she's got some crazy powers.

KupoCutie's Wife

Super Fatcat

8,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Marathon 300
User Image

(.xN E U T R A Lx.)
                                      ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

xxx
                                      B R Y A N - W H I T E

❝P A T H O S❞

W H E R E ?: New York
                                      W I T H ?: Chase - none
                                      O O C:Hey, everyone!

"So, you're telling me," he began, looking away from his son, rubbing his temple, "that you want to leave the city and go north? Where are you going? The Xavier school? You really want to be an X-man?" He turned back to his son, a little glint of distaste in his silver eye. His son, Chase, immediately roared a rebuttal, but Bryan held up his hand to stop him. He could Feel his son's yearnings, taste his lust for a new adventure. After a very brief pause, he turned and grabbed a cigarette."Go," he said, flicking the lighter and inhaling deeply, "but god help you if I have to come save your a**--" He was cut off by a, rather large and burly, young man wrapping his arms around him and squeezing tightly.

"Thanks, pops! You're the best!" As the young man ran from the room and out the door with the small bag he'd already packed, Bryan retreated from the living room of the apartment into his bedroom, equipped with a very small desk. Sitting down at it, he glanced over the paperwork in front of him, but payroll was not running through his mind. Snatching up his phone from foot of his bed, he dialed an unsaved number that he preferred not to use, but had to keep memorized. "Come," he said simply and hung up the phone.

He turned back to his desk and began ruffling through papers for the shop. It wasn't another five minutes, however, before his own phone began to ring. He absentmindedly answered, "Yeah," and was reminded of an appointment that he was, currently, late for. "Well, ******** me, then," he said simply, hanging up and proceeding out the front door and down the stairs to the tattoo shop. About midway down the flight, he slipped, falling onto a vicious combination of frozen steel and snow. His back aches and his head was spinning slightly.

Stepping into the shop itself, Bryan continued to brush snow off of himself, swiping the spot on his head he'd just bruised and shouting, [******** me!" He walked to the back of the shopping, adding, "Those ******** steps are the worst!" and receiving a swift, "Clumsy old b*****d!" from his smart-a** intern. When he approached the very small room that he inked in, he saw a young woman, rather unintelligent, requesting a zombie butterfly. He sighed. 'Awful,' he thought.

The rest of that day went uneventfully. As he lay in bed that night, woman tugging at his left side, he thought. Bryan wondered about the possible dangers of allowing Chase to leave. He knew the boy would be fine living on his own for a while; Chase was 22, after all. Chase had access to a bank account that Bryan regulated heavily, a cell phone, and natural street smarts. What more was required.

The problem, he thought, was that the world had changed. Though one could, once, wander the streets aimlessly without incident, the times were changing and it was a different thing to be alone with all of these crazy mutants surfacing. He lay awake for hours thinking about the whole situation. Finally, after at least ten obnoxious invasions on Bryan's train of thought, he turned to the woman lying next to him. She happened to be requesting to spend the weekend together. Bryan, to be honest, simply did not want to, and really only preferred the girl's company when he was feeling primal. "I'm married," he said bluntly, and he never heard from her again.

Quote:
User Image

(.xBROTHERHOODx.)
                                      ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

xxx
                                      C H A S E - W H I T E

❝H A Z E

W H E R E ?: Brotherhood house
                                      W I T H ?: The Brotherhood
                                      O O C: Hi! Sorry it's so dismally short! I wanted to get these in before the time skip!

Streaking northward as a cloud of blueish gray smoke, Chase White felt sadness. Leaving his father was difficult and it wasn't until after he'd left, that he realized just how safe his dad's presence had made him feel. But he tried not to think about it too heavily. 'I'll be there soon,' he thought. The temperature and incessant snowfall made the journey a very tedious and trying one.

On a quick lunch stop at a small diner, Chase observed a large mutant smashing through a frost covered New York City. He wanted so badly to fight, to really let loose and spar with another mutant. I yearned for the ferocious intoxication of battle, and knew of the best place to get it.

A few more hours as smoke through a truly obnoxious blizzard, and Chase came down for a landing, solidifying in the process. There he was. Standing before him was the Brotherhood House. His old buddy Levi was inside. This was it. At last; a chance to be strong.

Barging through the door a little more vigorously than intended, Chase landed upon a group of young mutants and was immediately thrilled. Among them was Levi, who Chase approached first thing for a greeting. "Hey, buddy!" he shouted. This was great.

"Someone please tell me there's room for another Brother!"

Quote:
User Image

(.xBROTHERHOODx.)
                                      ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

xxx
                                      C H A S E - W H I T E

❝H A Z E

W H E R E ?: Brotherhood house
                                      W I T H ?: Brotherhood
                                      O O C:

Chase watched as the girl started floating, completely unimpressed. It took all his power not to scoff and show off, but he had enough sense, at least, to know not to get so riled up as a first impression. The hot girl with pink hair had departed with someone and Chase couldn't help but want to join them. However, upon leaving, the girl had shifted authority to another. Alexe, was it? The good news, it seemed, was that Chase old buddy Levi was currently holding this Alexe person's hand. Turning back to the two of them, he tried to lessen his aggressive demeanor as much as possible and don a smile; the results were probably not the sweetest, but he gave it an effort nonetheless.

"Alexe, was it?" he said, reaching for a shake with Alexe's free hand. He also consciously tried to soften his grip, knowing full well of his aggressive energy. Something about this Alexe maybe Chase feel uncomfortable; as though he needed to tread lightly for fear of breaking something. It made him really try to be as friendly and open as possible to Alexe. Bringing his arm back to his side he said, "So, what do you think? What do I need to do to become one of the Brotherhood?"

He hoped Levi's obvious positive opinion would sway Alexe. With their past, Levi knew that Chase was loyal, and that he could be a very worthwhile asset. He imagined sparring with Levi and the others; training and testing the limits of their powers. At last, an opportunity to fight someone other than his dad, who usually kicked his a**.

His mind ran wild with various possible tests and trials, each idea a little darker than the last. It made Chase become very anxious to know; he wanted in. He needed in. He needed a family. More than just his father. A family of like minded people, working for a common, and in this case, noble cause. Chase had yearned for this. It was within his grasp and he just needed the opportunity to grab it.

Quote:
User Image

(.xBROTHERHOODx.)
                                      ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

xxx
                                      C H A S E - W H I T E

❝H A Z E

W H E R E ?: The sewers?
                                      W I T H ?: Zaphora and ...?
                                      O O C: Sorry for my lengthy absence! You guys have done some great things though.

Why had this happened? Chase had just uprooted his life to spend time with Levi and the Brotherhood and now.... It just all seemed like some sort of cosmic profanity. As he streaked around the area as smoke, looking fervently around for signs of anyone familiar, he tried to piece together his memories of the tragedy, but it just wouldn't come to him. He had pictures of a few of his new brethren being restrained, but they were far from clear, and he found himself fairly scrambled.

Sure, he'd been in plenty of tricky situations on the streets, but there were plenty of differences. The biggest was that, back home, his Dad was always there. Nothing seemed to be able to beat his dad. Another difference was that this was the first time that he could remember feeling helpless and doomed. The feelings he'd suffered during the raid started to resurface, and he landed, become solid simultaneously. He pulled out his phone and called his father, almost out of instinct. When the man answered, Chase exploded in sobs of fear and anguish.

After a few minutes, Chase was able to choke out, "Dad, I need help." Very soon after, he hung up his phone, feeling better the moment he disconnected. Breathing deeply, his breathe still uneven from tears, he tried to calm himself; to focus himself. His head pulsed uncomfortably. Trying desperately to think clearly, he chocked his headache up to a lack of nicotine and trauma, so he lit a cigarette and could feel it's chemicals soothing him. 'Okay, here we go,' he thought.

It was a little bit longer before he found what he'd been looking for - and in a most peculiar place, as well. Zaphora was climbing out of the sewer system with someone Chase had never met. A woman, he thought. "Zaphora! Are you okay!?"

As he approached to land and solidify, his mind flashed once more a picture of Zaphora struggling. She got away? Did that mean that others got away as well? Was Levi safe after all? Stepping closer to her, he said, "What happened? Where is everyone?"

Quote:
User Image

(.xBROTHERHOODx.)
                                      ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

xxx
                                      C H A S E - W H I T E

❝H A Z E

W H E R E ?: The sewers?
                                      W I T H ?: Zaphora and ...?
                                      O O C: I feel like a zombie.... and that there is too much snow.

Almost as soon as Chase approached Zaphora, she launched herself at him and began to cling for warmth. She was shaking slightly and fairly cold; well, most everyone was colder than Chase, who's hulking frame radiated plenty of heat. She seemed torn up and almost dug her head into his arm. She shrugged away his inquiry and wrapped her arms around his neck. In response, he pulled her in as tight as he could, even unzipped his jacket to give her more direct access to the warmth. When she suddenly asked for his cell, he reached into his pocket and slipped it out, handing it to her.

The text she tried to send was fairly laughable, under different circumstances, but Chase said nothing. A few moments later, and an uncomfortable phone conversation. Above anything else at that moment, Chase had a feeling he would never fully understand this girl. But she was smoking.

After so long of being in the company of someone and not being introduced, the tension starts to mount. Chase looked over to the girl and nodded, grunting a small, "I'm Chase," and gripping Zaphora more and more tightly. He was glad he'd showered earlier; he was sure he smelled awesome. But a jolt of pain through his heart exploded with guilt and, as he remembered the potential outcome of the day's events, he felt like an a**. They took Levi. This was sad.

Still, there was always the here an now to think about. And here was a girl in his arms shivering wildly slipping her icy fingers under his shirt now. His skin jumped with the severe temperature difference, but he adjusted eventually, and allowed her access.

Quote:
User Image

(.xBROTHERHOODx.)
                                      ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

xxx
                                      C H A S E - W H I T E

❝H A Z E

W H E R E ?: X-mansion....
                                      W I T H ?: the remaining brotherhood
                                      O O C: SNOOOOOW!!!!

The arrival of the rest of the brotherhood was not nearly as comforting to Chase as it was to Zaphora. For one, she left his body heat and never looked back. For another, they were now forced to cram more people than possible into a car and go to one of the last places Chase ever wanted to be. Why must they go to the X-mansion?

Chase declined the clothing; his were perfectly fine. He also found the shoving into the car to be pointless, so he shifted his body to smoke, compressing it into a small wisp, and puffed around the vehicle, staying mainly in the back corner of the car so as to not obstruct Ares' view. The smoke smelled like him so he, once again, was thankful that he'd showered. The reached their destination, and Chase reformed him body and began to walk away from the school, having no desire to be anywhere near the X-men. Chase did not agree with them; they were far too passive for him.

He pulled out his phone once more and dialed his father again. When it was answered, Chase said, "Hey, Dad!" He felt much more calm and collected than the last time he'd spoken to the man. "No, I'm fine. Yeah, some of our people have been kidnapped...." His voice broke off. He glanced around him to make sure no one was around.

"Dad?" he said, his voice breaking with abandon. "I was so scared, I --" This time he was cut off by his father's consoling words, promising him that help would be there soon. A few minutes later, he hung up the phone, feeling a little more confident. He could just not shake the vision of Levi being... taken.

Back at the car, he waited for everyone to come to their senses and get back. Or, at least, give him word on what the plan was. Chase hated waiting. He hated it more than almost anything.

Quote:
User Image

(.xN E U T R A Lx.)
                                      ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

xxx
                                      B R Y A N - W H I T E

❝P A T H O S❞

W H E R E ?: New York
                                      W I T H ?: No one --> Alex
                                      O O C: Again, I will b***h about the snow.

This was it; one of the rare moments where Bryan lost control. As he strode around, looking for things to take, his own emotions swelled. Fear mingled with regret and broke through the wall. In an instant, the emotions of everyone crammed into the immediate area, which was something as he was in New York City, flooded into his body without his conscious filter to ease the experience.

It took a few moments for him to regain control in the form of pushing his own emotions aside. It was then that Chase called once more. As he answered, Bryan shouted, "Chase! Are you okay?!" Chase told him that some of the Brotherhood of Mutants, the people he was staying with, had been kidnapped. And then the young man broke into tears. Bryan felt his own, silver, eyes begin to water. He took a deep breath, once more trying to drown out his emotions so as to focus on Chase's, and sedated the boy verbally. After so many years, diffusing Chase was nothing.

They hung up the phone and Bryan's heart throbbed, sending him into a second episode. This one took longer to subside and left him looking fairly torn up. The whites of his eyes were officially pink and there hung heavy bags beneath them. He grabbed a joint and lit it, hoping desperately to calm. Having had a rough past with addictive substances, Bryan had settled on marijuana, using it to not only calm his own emotions so that he could control his powers, but also as an anti-drug; if it worked, then he wouldn't have to resort to other means of control.

At that moment, there was a knock at the door. Upon opening it, Bryan gazed upon Alex, his apprentice and Chase's friend, cigarette dangling from his lips. Bryan ushered him inside, puffing on his own smoke-able. He didn't mind Alex seeing him emotionally vulnerable at all. His eyes were probably even more red and puffy. "Come in, kid," he said. I'm actually really glad you're here. Chase is in trouble. Wanna come with?" He inhaled more smoke and held the joint out to Alex.

"We probably wont be long. I'd like to just go get him and come home, but you never know what'll happen. Especially now that he's gotten involved in the Brotherhood."

Quote:
User Image

(.xN E U T R A Lx.)
                                      ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

xxx
                                      B R Y A N - W H I T E

❝P A T H O S❞

W H E R E ?: mobile
                                      W I T H ?: Alex
                                      O O C: I believe I can fly....

Bryan broke completely from his depressed mindset and burst into laughter. "Holy s**t!" he gasped, clutching his side. "That was great!" It took him a few minutes to calm down, but when he did, he looked at Alex and said, still grinning, Only birds in my house are in cages, kid. Either tie yourself up, or lose the wings." He began walking down the hallway toward his bedroom, puffing on his joint again, calling over his shoulder, "I shouldn't be long. There's beer in the fridge."

Bryan got a very short list of things together and reemerged from his room, a plain black messenger back strung over his shoulder. "We'll fly," he said. It would be much faster that way. "We can swing by your place to grab some things if you need," he said, flicking off the lights and ushering him out of the apartment. Once fully outside, Bryan quickly pulled out a cigarette and lit it. He then turned to Alex and locked eyes. For the slightest moment, Bryan's silver iris' flashed pure white before returning to their natural color.

And then he felt a large pressure on his shoulder blades. [******** me,' he thought too late, and he heard the sound of his clothing rip to allow his newly sprouted wings to be free. "I always forget about that," he said, craning his neck around his should to see how bad the damage was. And without further ado, he jumped into the air, allowing his new, black and grey, wings to support and lift him skyward. He hung back a second, in the event Alex need to stop home before they departed. He looked at the young man, awaiting word.

Quote:
User Image

(.xN E U T R A Lx.)
                                      ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

xxx
                                      B R Y A N - W H I T E

❝P A T H O S❞

W H E R E ?: mobile
                                      O O C: God, it's cold.

After a brief pit stop at Alex's apartment, they took to the sky once more. Through the snowing, frigid, air, flying was pretty awful. Much worse than any previous experience he had using the boy's powers. It was hard to keep his eyes open; they instinctively wanted to close against the copious amount of moisture falling on them. Bryan heard Alex ask him for details about their trip. "Sorry, kid," he said, glancing over his shoulder. "But I got nothing. All Chase told me was that some Brotherhood members have been kidnapped. Dunno who, dunno why."

He cut off. This sucked. Sure, he knew that Chase was alright, but the tone in the boys voice did nothing to ease his sense of trepidation. What if this was a turf war, and some new mutants had arrived to shake things up? Or maybe a secret agency was behind this; he'd seen such things before so it was very easy to believe. Either way, something did not bode well. "Alex," he said suddenly, "When we get closer, don't let your guard down."

Should something happen upon their arrive, or if they should arrive during a battle, the odds were almost certainly not in their favor. Without Chase by his side, Bryan would be forced to rely on nothing but his own formidable combat ability and Alex's wings, which would probably do him more harm than good. Having wings wasn't worth much if you had to fight close range.

They flew on and, after about a half hour in a winter storm, Bryan turned to Alex again. "We should stop for a few minutes!" he shouted over the gale. This was gonna be such a pain, he was sure of it.

Quote:
User Image

(.xN E U T R A Lx.)
                                      ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

xxx
                                      B R Y A N - W H I T E

❝P A T H O S❞

W H E R E ?:
                                      O O C: God, it's cold.

Their break found them in a small town and Bryan quickly located a Starbucks. Stepping inside, he felt his body engulfed in warmth. This would definitely hit the spot. When he ordered his latte, he noticed the barista almost flinch when she looked into his eyes and he could feel a wave of fear rush over them both. After a stop in the bathroom, Bryan got comfortable at a small table with Alex. Finally set for such an explanation, he addressed Alex's question.

"Well," he began, "I almost have to start at the X-Men. You know that they are, first and foremost, teachers at the Xavier School. People nowadays, oftentimes, write them off as wannabe superheroes, but their primary goal has always been the maintenance and growth of that school. Xavier's intention was to educate enough mutants with the mindset that all people are equal, whether human or mutant, that the human majority would also share the sentiment. Their ideals are peace through cooperation. Personally, I think it's a crock of bullshit. Humans are incapable of eradicating their fear and anger. It is too deeply woven into their psyches. Mutants probably aren't any better off." He chuckled quietly. The X-Men bothered him for many more reasons than that, but he didn't feel it necessary to tell Alex. Bryan didn't open up very often. "At least their cause is noble enough." 'Pussies,' he thought.

"But the Brotherhood," he continued, "has more of a radical platform. Their founder, Magneto, believed, and truthfully so, that mutants were the next stage in human evolution. And just like the ancestors of humans, they would have to fight control from the reigning species. The idea is that mutants are a higher class than humans. But, it's not really about discrimination. Though they look and, sometimes, act like thugs, the Brotherhood strives for a world where mutants can live freely, with no fear of anyone rejecting their powers. The only foolproof way to achieve this is to make having powers the norm. They've gone about this in many ways, but they always do seem to be taking the dirty route. I think the Brotherhood is a great concept that has fallen into the hands of kids. But Chase needed to go. So I let him...."

He trailed off. There was no reason for the conversation to go that way. So why did it? Bryan sipped his latte and tried to take a deep breath. "So what do you think, Alex?" he asked. "If it comes down to it, are you up to backing the Brotherhood? We don't know what we're getting into. For all we know it's all out war up there."

Bryan truly doubted that anything too radical was going on. He had his suspicions that there were also X-kids taken; why go through the trouble to abduction Brotherhood members? The only logical answer was powers. But if that were the case, then wouldn't it be plausible to think that the institute would also have been attacked? Surely there were worthwhile mutants there. This all pointed to an outside party, so he was fairly certain the question he'd just asked Alex was moot, but he wanted to know the answer regardless.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces