Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Wife

User Image
                                                        HAKUSEKI SAKURABA           THE EFFULGENT RAIN USER   

Wheezing Wife

User Image
                                                • User Image
                                                  ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《   AMONG THE NUMBER OF LIES AND TRUTHS I'VE SAID UP TO NOW, I GOT UNCERTAIN OF WHICH WAS MORE, SO I GAVE UP LOOKING.
                                                  xxx ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

❛Hey there! I am a student from the sister school of Vires Academy for Exorcists. Our school trains female
                                                  exorcists so when the opportunity to interview the ho- umm, I mean students from Vires, I jumped at the
                                                  opportunity. ♥ So first of all, a quick run down of who you are~

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ ... ho? ( / he tilts his head, blinking twice, but ends up smiling and introducing himself ) well, anyways, i'm HAKUSEKI SAKURABA.
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ you can just call me HAKU, if my full name is a mouthful. ( / he laughs, lacing his fingers behind his head in a relaxed position )
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ i'm MALE and ... wait, is that really necessary? ( / he laughs good naturally ) well, regardless, i'd say that i'm BISEXUAL. hmm?
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ ( / he blinks ) what? oh, that was too honest? oops. ( / he smiles and lifts a finger up to his lips ) our little secret then? ohhhh,
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ right, this is an interview. well, that's kind of a shame. ( / he shrugs, seemingly not affected by it )
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ i'm SIXTEEN years old and my birthday is FEBRUARY 15TH, which makes me an aquarius ... what star sign are you? ( / he tilts his
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ head and the conversation divulges into horoscopes and compatibility, until the interviewer brings them back to her main topic )
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ ... uh, i don't really have an alliance ... so i'm UNALLIED, right? ( / he laughs ) that was pretty simple! they said something
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ about a RAIN flame as well, probably should have paid attention. ( / he winks )
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ usually the life of the party, he was always the popular kid until the murder of his father a few years back. since then, he has
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ struggled to continue on living his everyday life like how he used to. when his mother suggested that he go to vires academy,
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ a boarding school, to experience a new environment, he readily agreed.

❛How would those that know you closely say about your personality. What about strangers like me?

mmmm, that's a good question! ( / he laughs ) i guess that people who know me personally would say that i have a bit of a COMPETITIVE STREAK, since i'm not easily intimidated or daunted by challenging sort of situations. ( / he hums thoughtfully ) it's kind of awful, but i have a bad habit of LYING OFTEN, although my lies are often always seen through so it's not that bad. it's more of complicating the situation, i guess. some people say that it's HARD TO TELL WHAT I'M THINKING, because i play innocent or forgetful whenever i want to know something in all of the confusion. ( / he laughs, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly )

but for the most part, i guess that people like you - ( / he makes a face ) that sounded rather accusatory, so no offense by the way - think that i'm ENERGETIC, CHEERFUL, OUTGOING, TALKATIVE, you name it, you know it. ( / he laughs ) it's probably true. i'm pretty CAREFREE and CONFIDENT ... or, at least, I try to be. ( / he offers her a small, shy smile ) i'm fairly INTELLIGENT, which is something that people don't really know, i think it's muscle memory or something? ( / he laughs, as if he's joking ) i don't really care if other people don't think that i'm smart or resourceful. but my friends often tell me that i solve slightly more trouble than i cause. ... ( / he shrugs, then gives a small smile ) but in the end, i solve the problem! don't know what they're complaining about. ( / he shares a small laugh with the interviewer )

so, did that answer your question?

User Image
                                                  ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《   AMONG THE PARTS OF ME I HATE AND THE PARTS OF ME I LIKE, I ALREADY KNEW WHICH ONE WAS MORE AND GREW SAD.
                                                  xxx ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

❛Ahaha, your shirt probably doesn't do your handsome body justice. //staresintensely So what kind of
                                                  build, would you say that you have?

( / he relaxes under her gaze, as if used to this, and then rubs his nose ) ... ATHLETIC is a sort of build, right? well, i play a lot of sports and the like, although i'm not really that tan. kinda sad, if you think about it.

❛Awesome, so I can obviously tell that your eyes are cerulean and that you have black hair.
                                                  However those hidden features... ew, I hope that you did not just take that the wrong way! Anyways, any
                                                  tattoos or scars that are noteworthy?

hidden ... features? ( / he makes a face, but then relaxes into an easy smile ) nice word choice there. ( / he says with a teasing tone. his smile widens at her brief annoyed expression and they silently exchange a variety of facial expressions. eventually, they relax so they can continue with the interview ) but ... hmmm, i'm not huge on tattoos. if you have them that's cool, but i need to carefully consider it. plus, my mom would freak out if she found out that i got one. ( / he jokingly rolls his eyes and mutters "asian parents" with a fake scoff, and the interview is put on hold as they joke around about stereotypes ) oh, and i can't really think of any scars that are really noteworthy either. i got some scrapes and bruises from falling down from my bike when i was younger, but nothing is really that ... major.

❛What is your weight and height if you do not mind me asking? //looksslightlyembarrassed

oh! it's perfectly fine. ( / he's not gonna act like it's a major deal, but he mouths "standard procedure" and gives a helpless shrug when she nods ) i'm roughly 176 CENTIMETERS, or 5 foot 9. i'm kinda short compared to everyone else, haha. last time, if i recall correctly, the doctor said i was 63 KILOGRAMS, which is roughly 140 pounds. that works, right?

❛Of course, we can never forget fashion. Now Vires requires uniforms (white shirt and black slacks) to be
                                                  worn while in class. What do you prefer to wear when you are out of class?

( / he tilts his head upward in thought, humming loudly to signal this fact ) ... ( / he then shrugs, laughing a little ) i have no clue! i guess, WHATEVER'S COMFORTABLE? i like wearing things that make me feel good, doesn't everyone? oh, but i guess that i tend to gravitate towards BLACK JEANS, A FORMFITTING T-SHIRT, AND A HOODIE ... well, i like wearing hoodies. there's just something about them, y'know?

Wheezing Wife

User Image
                                                • User Image
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《   IF I'M GOING TO END UP BEING HATED ANYWAY, IF I'M GOING TO BE RESENTED BY THE ONE I LOVE, THEN BEFORE THAT HAPPENS, I WOULD HATE MYSELF.

❛Everyone has to start from somewhere or should say I from some certain people. So tell me about your
                                                  parents or at least parent figures //smiles

( / briefly, his faces darkens, but he ends up lifting his face with a smile ) well, that's a tough question. my mom is pretty much the ideal mom, a bit of a not-so-humble brag there ... ( / he trails off to laugh ) ... i mean, she makes perfect bentos ... like, you know, the apple rabbits are always perfectly shaped and the egg roll is always succulent and juicy. ( / he shifts his weight around, humming thoughtfully ) but she's strong, like ... really strong. ... i think that she's probably the strongest woman in the entire world -- oh, haha, except for you of course! ( / his flattery doesn't get him very far, and he shies away from the interviewer for a few seconds with a large grin on his face )

she's really experienced too! she always has these life lessons that she'd tell me whenever she got the chance. these lessons have been ingrained into me since i was a small kid ... so they're really important to me, y'know? she's really important to me. ( / he rubs the back of his head, as if embarrassed ) ... ( / as if sensing that she's waiting to hear more, perhaps about his dad, he grows quiet and begins to wring his hands together )

( / he heaves a sigh and then rubs his head ) ... well, my dad was a really great guy. he still is, it's just that ... well, it's complicated. ( / he laughs, as if easing the tension out of his body, and presses his lips together ) he was strong, had these big muscles and was invincible. you knew that he was strong too, because, for some odd reason, he didn't like wearing shirts with sleeves. ( / he laughs ) ... hm, well, i don't want the only thing that people know about my dad to be sleeveless shirts, so i guess i'll have to continue. ( / he offers a wry smile ) he was pretty tall, so i guess that i kinda became the average height between my mom and my dad. he liked travelling a lot, so i saw a lot of the world when i was younger. ( / he rubs his arm )

❛Wow~ interesting. How was your childhood? Tragic, adventurous, happy? I love hearing exciting or unique
                                                  stories by the way! But there are always completely normal people like me. Oh crap, I am starting to ramble...

... how was my childhood? ( / he pauses, lifting a fist to his chin ) that's a good question. it was ... interesting, that's really one way to put it. looking back on it, i get sad ... but that's probably because it was a happy childhood. ... ( / he sighs, rubs the back of his head, and then straightens up ) my dad and my mom were really big on real life experiences shaping people. so, even though it's kind of fuzzy, we apparently went to fifteen different countries in seven years. travelling started when i was three ... i think that after they realized that i wasn't the baby who cried on the plane, they really went wild. then, we came back home and my mom and dad raised me fairly normally. because i went everywhere, i had a lot of interesting stories to share to others in my elementary school, so i soon became the center of attention for the class.

oh yeah! ( / he snaps his fingers ) i was seven when my mom won the seventh inf - international naginata federation, for your information - world naginata championship for women's individual. she was also on the team who came first for women's team too. i'm not too sure how she managed to do all that training when we were travelling so much, but our family received a fair bit of press. that definitely contributed to my status in school, ahaha ... ( / he laughs, scratching his cheek with a dull fingernail ) she was my idol, hell, i'm pretty sure she was everyone [who was into naginata]'s idol. it was pretty cool. well, everything became pretty cool when you're with a champion. i remember wanting to do everything with my mom, oh god. getting groceries, cooking, calligraphy, learning to play the koto, or japanese harp, of all things; everything suddenly seemed more awesome as soon as you tack on "with a champion" on the end.

( / he presses his lips firmly together ) we continued to live like this for a very short time. it seemed almost surreal, looking back on it. but you know how it goes, nothing can last forever. … it’s a bit of a shame, actually. ( / his eyes go glassy for a brief moment, then he inhales and exhales quietly ) we didn’t do anything wrong, yet we were the ones to suffer in the end. … so … when i was ten, my dad died. ( / he takes in the interviewer’s shocked expression with a grim expression, then lifts a hand to stop her from speaking ) he was murdered. you know, not like in a car crash or of a disease or anything. no, someone actually thought that it’d be okay to end another human’s life. ( / he grits his teeth, hands visibly shaking ) … ( / he presses his lips together, wets them with his tongue, and gives a shaky exhale ) and that’s when our happiness screeched to a halt. i know my mom struggled a lot and … there were no leads. can you believe that? ( / he gives a hollow laugh ) my dad got killed and nobody had any clue who the killer was. ( / he shakes his head ) … and then the next tragedy happened. my grandfather, who had always been in poor health, announced to his nurse that he was going to pass away.

you know that’s always kinda … creepy when someone says that they’re going to die. but my mom took me to see my granddad. my grandfather told me something important that day, but it didn't really stick with me until the following year. he said that people ... people can only truly kill someone once in their lifetime. that those whom had killed many times are no longer human, fated to live with their guilt until their death. he said, “if you kill them [the person who killed your father], you become them. if you get angry at them, you’re giving them a chance at redemption. you’re giving them a chance to say sorry. so, the only way to truly get back, if you still desire revenge, at them is to try to understand them. that’s what they don’t want.” and … ( / he shakes his head ) that’s rather cruel to say to such a young kid. you could probably guess how shattered my mind must have been.

and ... then he wished me to have a peaceful death. just like that. his last words to me was to have a peaceful death. as a ten year old, i didn't really get it, but i kept those words to myself and my dad. i didn't tell my mom what my grandfather said until much later, haha. although it's kind of cheesy to say, his words are a curse, not a blessing. ( / he makes a face ) looking back is kinda weird, you know, because it's at this moment that he teaches me something important. but it's not until later that i learned to value the notion surrounding the weight and responsibility that comes with murder. ( / a heavy silence falls between them, and then hakuseki grimaces )

❛Out of curiosity, were you a rebel during your pre-teen and early teenage years? //sighswithadreamygaze

the thing is … at the time, i really wanted to shout at my grandfather. punch him, scream at him, all of that immature stuff. but i never got the chance … since i just stood there as he pat my head and i felt so hurt and angry that my grandfather would dare to say such a thing. but … well, eventually, i had to go back to school. ( / the abrupt topic change seems to throw the interviewer off guard ) but i didn’t like it. nothing was the same, the whispers, the stares … ( / he heaves a sigh ) when someone in the family dies, i guess that it just … it spreads like wild fire. i couldn’t handle it, and whenever someone tried to talk to me, i just … i just wondered what they were really thinking. simply living was really difficult, because every day felt like a routine that i just had to get through and … ( / he rubs his neck ) i woke up, went to school, went back home, slept. rinse and repeat. so … in the end, i stopped going to school. i woke up, stayed in bed until my mom brought me food, ate, slept … it was … it was pretty pathetic, thinking back on it.

the thing is, my mom and i? didn’t really know how to pick up the pieces. i think we did this for a week, oh man, the school kept calling and my mom just dully answered “yes” and “no”, like a robot. and then … my mom came into my room one day, 7:03 AM, i remember it clearly, and she shoved a naginata in my hands. ( / he laughs, more cheerfully this time ) i didn’t really get it so she manhandled me out of my bed and down to the training grounds.

there, she started rambling on and on about the proper techniques and … i guess, form there, we ended up just training how to use the naginata. i didn’t really do anything for the first few days, just standing there holding the naginata numbly as my mom just talked and talked until her voice gave out. ( / he sighs ) well, you can piece the rest together, considering that i’m proudly standing here, right? hahahaha! ( / he laughs )

i took the next two weeks off, so a month in total. i think the administration were tearing out their hair because they were just like, “how is he going to get back on track??” cause, y’know, entrance exams into middle school were coming up soon. not immediately though, thank goodness for that. but yeah, i went back to school and made up all my homework and … well, nothing was the same as it was before. but i guess, at the time, i just didn’t care. i became more detached to the world … i guess you could say that it took a long time for me to truly return back to normal. if anything, that month i took off was like applying a bandage over a still fresh wound … ( / he laughs )

i think it ultimately took me an entire year to get back to “normal”, to be honest. my mom taught me how to use a naginata … i don’t blame her, i mean … the man she chose to spend the rest of her life with died. that’s gotta hit pretty hard. but … learning how to use the naginata calmed me, it’s now kinda like my crutch now. ( / he laughs ) that’s why i’m usually carrying it around with me everywhere.

hmmm … i think that after i kept growing, i stopped crying in front of my mom. she’s the sort of person to not know what to do when someone cries … hmmm, i’m sort of like that too. well, eventually, we started having little one on ones where she beats the utter crap out of me. ( / he laughs ) she was really brutal though, like, her training was really hard! she gave me shiki and told me to fight her with a 70 kg snake wrapped around me. that … that was fairly interesting. but in the end, it kinda paid off. … although i never really beat her, ahahaha. i don’t think i want to beat her either.

❛Have you ever had anything else, you know, life-shattering happen in your life?

( / he gives the interviewer a pointed look and the interview comes to an awkward halt )

User Image
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《   BUT IF I YEARN FOR SOMEONE ONE DAY AND WISH FOR THEM TO LOVE ME, THEN BEFORE THAT HAPPENS, I'LL TRY LOVING THEM FIRST.

❛............... //wondersifsheshouldaskmorequestionsaboutthepast

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ ( / he stares at her, then slowly shakes his head ) nah, i'm good.

❛So as a future potential friend or lover, what kind of things do you like in general? What kind of hobbies do
                                                  you enjoy doing?

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ LIKE: ice cream, chicken nuggets, american food in general, romcoms, alternative pop / rock music, small animals, cake, caramel candies, mangos
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ ENJOY: playing sports / being active, gymnastics (he's very flexible), playing the japanese harp, flower arrangement, calligraphy, trying new things
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ HOBBIES: stargazing, training, playing the japanese harp, cooking, parkour, gardening

❛How about dislikes and pet peeves?

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ DISLIKES: people who are overly pushy, people who are too pushy, being insulted and not knowing if it's a joke
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ HATES: people who try to justify violence, narrow minded people, sore losers, sore winners
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ PET PEEVES: hair strands left on shower walls, dried toothpaste in the sink, basically untidiness.

❛I hope to be the wife of some famous exorcist clan! What are your aspirations and dreams for the future?

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ GOAL: master all of the naginata art forms and surpass his mother
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ GOAL: meet his dad's murderer and get to the bottom of the mystery
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ DREAM: ???

❛Now although I would love to have a man... or woman... who is simply perfect, everyone has a weakness of
                                                  some kind. What are your fears? Oh! Some blackmail material couldn't hurt? Any secrets you care to share?
                                                  I promise I won't tell a soul~

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ FEAR: deathly afraid of ants because he's heard stories about ants eating humans from inside out.
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ FEAR: riding elevators because they can break or stop or ... lead to devastating results.
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ SECRET: even though he is the type to look after others, the person he'll fall for is the older sibling type.
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ SECRET: if left alone, he tends to think self destructive and negative thoughts.
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ SECRET: he cries while reading particularly emotional scenes in shoujo manga.

❛What about some clubs that you have joined or groups that you are a member of?

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ ENTOMOLOGY CLUB: (unofficial) member
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ DEMONOLOGY CLUB: (unofficial) member
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ TRACK AND FIELD: member

❛Quick! Before I end this interview, any last minute words?

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ he visits his father's grave three times a year: his father's birthday, his own birthday, and new years. on his father's birthday, he visits with his mom. on his own birthday, he visits by himself (his mom and him go at different times) and on new years (not in the morning, typically in the afternoon)
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ his mom is really traditional. wears kimonos (she wore a mofuku for a month before changing into a bright red komon when hakuseki finally went back to school), she typically wears edo komon / komon, geta. she gives off an aura of "i really care about how i look" but it's more that she just likes wearing kimonos... hakuseki gives off the aura with his stylish taste too!!
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ he's a good freestyle rapper and enjoys making puns in inappropriate situations.

Wheezing Wife

User Image
                                                • User Image
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《   YOU CRY IN SUCH A BEAUTIFUL WAY THAT I COULDN'T HELP LAUGHING AT YOUR SIDE.

✽ FLAME/WEAPON
                                                • ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉

rain flames's characteristic is calma ( tranquility ), which allows the flame's wielder to slow down their opponent's movements or attacks. with the meaning of stillness, appeasement, dulling and pacification, the rain flame is a versatile flame that suits both offense and defensive fighting styles.

hakuseki's weapon of choice is a naginata ( 薙刀 / なぎなた ). this might come as a surprise, considering that, in japan, naginatajutsu is considered a women's martial arts. however, do note that hakuseki's biggest influence has been his mother since the late passing of his father. the naginata is a halberd ( 薙刀 directly translates into halberd ) that consists of a wooden shaft with a curved blade on the end. it has a sword-like hand guard between the blade and shaft which is mounted in a koshirae. the length of the naginata blade, which is removable, can vary between 30 cm and 60 cm. hakuseki can make any adjustments whenever necessary. however, he typically will not change the blade dramatically due to the nature of his fighting style requiring utmost familiarity with his weapon. the nagaye, the wooden shaft, ranges from 120 cm to 240 cm in length. once again, hakuseki can make any adjustments he wants, which fits perfectly into the versatile nature of his fighting style.

✽ ANIMAL FAMILIAR
                                                • ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉

hakuseki's animal familiar is a reticulated python who is roughly 6.3 m ( approx. 20 ft and 8 inches / he had to ask her to stretch out all the way and well, that was a mess ) and weighs 70 kg ( approx. 154 lbs and 5 oz / he would know; the first time that she slithered up onto his shoulders, he almost fell over ). hakuseki affectionately calls her shiki and has gotten used to moving around normally with her weight on him. that being said, she typically enjoys curling her body around some part of him. if shiki is feeling particularly lonely because hakuseki is preoccupied with something or someone else, she'll wrap more and more of her body around him, starting from the legs and working her way up to his neck or even his head. hakuseki's trust for shiki is obvious; there have been cases, albeit few, where reticulated pythons squeezed their owners to death and ate them afterwards. however, hakuseki will readily defend shiki from any false accusations. when shiki is not curled up around hakuseki, she'll probably be sleeping elsewhere or roaming around. hakuseki doesn't have to monitor her 24 / 7, but if he hasn't seen her for 8 hours, he'll grow worried and start searching for her.

✽ MAIN ABILITY

hakuseki's strategy to fighting is very simple: keep the attacker a distance, back them into a corner, subdue. as of a such, his pattern of attacks works to forcibly calm down the attacker, rather than maiming or killing. due to his inexperience with working with flames, most of his attacks take a lot out of him, causing him to rely on his naginata more than his flames. if he has to rely on his flames, then he will make a conscious effort to shorten the battle.

xxPROTECTION RAIN ( mamoruame / 衛雨 )
                                                  hakuseki uses his rain flames to prevent attacks from all around hitting him by forcing them to pass through a thick wall of flames meant to slow down and subdue the attack. however, he can only do this by coating his naginata's blade with rain flames then going through the gaeshis, or "cuts", to cover his bases. as a result, there may or may not be openings for one to strike at any given time.

xxETERNAL WINTER ( eiennofuyu / 永遠の冬 )
                                                  hakuseki channels his rain flames to the tip of his naginata, then, as he swings, the rain flames are transformed into ice. he uses this to create a path; by blocking off two sides and him being the front, the only way that someone will be able to avoid him is by moving back. as a result, this makes it easier for him subdue the attacker. the idea is not to hit them ( the attacker ) with the ice, but rather to force the jump into rain flames, so to speak.

✽ SUB-ABILITIES

xxHELPING HAND RAIN ( tedasukeame / てだすけ雨 )
                                                  shiki wraps around the naginata to give hakuseki one of the following two options: extended reach or growth in power. if hakuseki needs an extended reach, then shiki will tightly wrap around the naginata and straighten out, allowing for hakuseki to swing the naginata and create a bigger distance between him and his opponent. if hakuseki needs an boost in power, shiki will tightly wrap around the naginata again and again, encasing hakuseki's hand and forearm as well. this makes the naginata heavier but also gives him the advantage of a heavy hitter. all the while, shiki's skin will be oozing out rain flames, causing a drop in power in hakuseki's opponent if they manage to get a hit on them. however, in the boost of power, only the outermost layer of shiki's wrapping will ooze rain flames, otherwise it will be self destructive.

xxTORRENT (ALT. NAME, RAGING RAPIDS) RAIN ( gekiryūame / げきりゅう雨 )
                                                  hakuseki creates several concentrated beams of his rain flame and hurls them at the opponent once they're at a comfortable distance. this allows him to pierce the opponent while not having to give up his bladed weapon for a trajectory. these beams, once they pierce something or someone, will ooze out rain flames in hopes to subdue the opponent.

User Image
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《   BUT BECAUSE OF IT, YOU GOT DRAWN INTO LAUGHING TOO, MAKING ME SO HAPPY THAT I CRY AND CRY.

✽ TALENTS

xxHOME LIFE
                                                  hakuseki is really good at interior design, if that counts for anything. he does like stopping in several sections in a store just to stare at all of the cooking appliances, house "stuff" (like towels, bathroom mats, doors, etc), and furniture. he also really likes cleaning and he'd probably joke about it being his talent, but it's something he likes to do and he's good at it so ... why not? he also takes a long time to finish any "short" video games and an incredibly short time to finish any "long" video games. he's also really good at calligraphy and enjoys conducting tea ceremonies as well.
                                                  ____( for short, as in, if you speed run it, 1-2 hours. hakuseki will probably take 12 hours
                                                  ____for long, as in, if you speed run it, 12-14 hours, hakuseki will probably take 7 hours )

✽ OTHER

basic methods for using the naginata include furiage ( lifting the naginata overhead and striking ), mochikae ( swapping grip to enable attacking from the opposite side or from a different angle ), furikaeshi ( spinning the naginata overhead ), kurikomi ( pulling the naginata in to shorten the length to strike closer in ), kuridashi ( extending the naginata, thereby facilitating attacks from a further distance ). hakuseki knows two ways to use the naginata: naginatajutsu and naginata-do. the first style is old, while the second style is more modern, but both are ultimately martial arts styles.

naginatajutsu is classified as bujutsu ( military art ) - a collective term for all of the japanese jutsu (arts) extant before the mid-18th century and practiced almost exclusively by the samurai warrior. these combatives, whose main use was to overcome a foe in combat, were the forerunners of the modern do (way) systems.

naginata-jutsu requires great stamina in order to swing the heavy weapon along accurate interchanging curves making the fullest use of the blade, the shaft, and the vicious iron ferrule at the butt.the technique of rapidly whirling the weapon was known as ha-kaeshi. some of the terms still used in naginata are evocative of these ha-kaeshi techniques. for example: mizu-guruma-gaishi ( waterwheel cut ), kazu-guruma-gaeshi ( windmill cut ), and cho-gaeshi ( butterfly cut ).

ha-kaeshi, coupled with a greatly increased distance from an opposing swordsman, gave the spearman a real advantage. since the naginata is essentially a slashing spear using open lines of attack ( those outside the body width ) counter-attacks can only be effectively made as the swirl commences. the root of the problem in fighting against the naginata is not the techniques that are employed by the spearman, though these are important. it is more the extreme ma-ai, or interval, that forces the swordsman to fight at a distance approaching twice the normal. if the naginata is wielded at a speed equal to normal sword technique, the swordsman must move at almost twice this speed to close the distance and cut effectively. thus practice against an expert naginata-ka can be very exhausting. the swordsman has to time the exact moment to attack; he must always be on the alert and ready to rush in with his cut.

naginata-do is classified as budo ( military way or way of fighting ) - spiritually related systems. not necessarily designed by or for warriors, for self-defense. budo is a generic term encompassing all of the japanese do (way) arts, which are largely 20th-century offspring stemming from concepts that can first be positively identified about the mid-18th century. budo subscribes to creating the ideal psychological state by removing the fear of death and excessive self-consciousness so its user can freely and completely make use of the acquired physical techniques.

a difference between the two genders is that the women keep a larger ma-ai ( distance between opponents ) than the men stylists. women use flowing circular movements, whereas men stylists use short arcs with a hit and cut action. however, due to the gender of his teacher, hakuseki prefers to use flowing circular movements. although he can use the male style, a longer ma-ai and larger circular movements adds advantage.

aikido ( way of spiritual harmony ) is a self-defense system that utilizes twisting and throwing techniques and in its aim of turning an attacker's strength and momentum against them. pressure on vital nerve centres is also used. haku has only been training aikido for a little under two years, so he isn't nearly as close to mastering the art as it may seem.

Wheezing Wife

User Image
                                                • User Image
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《   THE SUSPICIOUS PERSON I AM WHO CURSES TOMORROW CHANGES INTO A BELIEVER OF MANKIND WHO DREAMS OF TOMORROW.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut pharetra aliquam vulputate. Fusce ultrices dignissim est commodo rutrum. Aliquam erat volutpat. Aliquam vitae justo vel turpis adipiscing vehicula in vitae magna. Suspendisse vel augue at justo tincidunt dictum. Suspendisse viverra, augue et feugiat commodo, orci ante sollicitudin purus, non egestas mauris augue vel risus. Curabitur ornare rutrum erat sit amet imperdiet. Aliquam magna turpis, hendrerit vel eros ut, commodo tincidunt lacus. Phasellus suscipit nisl commodo, vestibulum erat ut, imperdiet libero. Nullam vitae aliquam sem, nec vehicula sapien. Sed auctor erat vel odio tincidunt, non sagittis arcu iaculis. Nam hendrerit eleifend erat. Nullam odio dolor, fermentum non euismod in, tincidunt ut sem. Sed tincidunt convallis odio vitae porttitor. Suspendisse lacus risus, sagittis ac turpis in, consectetur posuere lacus.

Aliquam porta massa sit amet lorem dapibus consequat. Aenean consequat imperdiet hendrerit. Praesent nec lobortis dolor. Proin tincidunt tellus at nunc rutrum dapibus ac malesuada nisi. Morbi volutpat dictum convallis. Aliquam erat volutpat. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Nam condimentum dignissim justo, a tristique quam accumsan non. Sed nec neque nec ante convallis aliquam in nec dolor. Mauris orci nulla, dignissim id tortor eget, pellentesque faucibus neque. Aenean dignissim, odio semper bibendum laoreet, velit risus dignissim nunc, ac malesuada odio diam sit amet magna. Curabitur varius leo et congue porta. Etiam semper neque quis enim euismod, vitae vehicula augue molestie. Nullam congue vitae metus vel eleifend. Donec consectetur est quis orci convallis ultricies. Nullam volutpat dolor sit amet libero viverra, ut fringilla sem eleifend.

User Image
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《   THE ME WHO LOOKED FOR YESTERDAY IS NO LONGER HERE.

User Image User Image User Image
                                                  add three 100x100 icons and your username somewhere here. if you are using a chart, put it here if you like - or put it up above the relationships, whatever you like. also, you do not have to use this format, feel free to make up your own ♥

• • • • • •
                                                  friendship

attraction
                                                  1 - ............. no.
                                                  2 - ahaha, sorry. i just don't see you like that.
                                                  3 -
                                                  4 - you're good looking.

romance
                                                  1 - i don't think that i'd be up for dating, sorry.
                                                  2 -
                                                  3 -
                                                  4 -
                                                  5 -
                                                  6 - oh, uh, this is kind of embarrassing ... but will you please go out with me?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff