User Image

»xxx N A T H A N B E N N E T T

» FULL NAME :: Nathan Neil Bennett
                                      » AGE :: Twenty-three
                                      » BIRTHDATE :: May 12th
                                      » BLOOD TYPE :: A+
                                      » OCCUPATION :: Nurse
                                      » STATUS :: Taken

Hello hello hello! And welcome. My name is Nathan, but feel free to call me Nate. Most everyone does at this point and I can't say it bothers me. You've already got some of my personal information, but lets keep going, shall we? I live with the rest of these fellows and Mallory in a flat that we've finally got a handle over. So that would be my address. What else is on your drivers license? Oh! I'm about five foot and ten inches tall with sandy brown hair and blue-violet eyes. My brother and I must've gotten them from the same place, hm? There are a lot of things that are different, though. I've got some muscle on me, but he's rather thin, not to say that I'm a giant ball of muscle. I've just kept up with the training and what have you since I played sports in high school. Hmm. What else is there? Oh! Where he tends to be pale, I've got a bit more color on my skin. There's more that's different about us beneath the surface to be sure, but another little similarity is that we both wear reading glasses. Cute right? I thought so~ Now let's continue on and get to know each other!

███████#00A8B0
███████#62615D
███████#DE9E45

Invisible Conversationalist

User Image

» Fill in the blanksxxxxxxx

Right. So from the top, right?

I was born in the middle of May to my two wonderful parents. It was just us for a while and no doubt that had to be a roller coaster ride. I was in school when Jonathan was born, though. The neighbors took me to the hospital to meet him for the first time and I couldn’t be happier. He looked so happy! For the longest time it had just been me and the parents doing whatever it was we did. Most of the time I ended up having to entertain myself, but now I had a playmate! And someone I could share secrets with! And someone I could teach things! I was so excited for him to grow up! We did do a lot together. Jonathan and I were close, but that wasn’t without our little fights and tiffs and groans about pestering. What family didn’t have those?

Still, it was something of a rite of passage when my parents pulled me aside after putting my brother to bed (Man, I got to stay up later too! Those were the days. Bedtimes are ridiculous if you ask me though.) and started talking to me about responsibility. I was thirteen. They’d decided that my father would start traveling for his job again. He was a writer and one that usually traveled, but there wasn’t really anyone close enough to us to watch us for any extended periods of time, so he’d just been doing…something else. I don’t even know. I don’t think it mattered. He decided to talk to me about how responsibility was really important and about how I had to be strong for a family because a family is all a man has at the end of the day. It didn’t make much sense to me then, but it certainly does now.

Not too long after that, they went on a weekend trip. I wasn’t even sure where it was they were going, but they hopped in the car while Jonathan and I stood on the porch and waved them off. We ate dinner over at the neighbor’s house and then we’d go back home and go to bed. They would come and check on us and they would sleep over for one night and leave us alone the other to make sure things were okay. Our routine didn’t really change much in those couple of days. I made sure we were off to school on the bus and I waited for Jonathan to get home. We went in, had a snack, watched TV for a while or played a game, did all of our homework by dinner, go eat dinner, go home and wash up and sleep. It was only two days.

Our parents didn’t come home. Another day and night and no word…and another…and another. I remember asking if they’d called our neighbors, but they apparently thought mom and dad had been calling the house. Sure, I was nervous. It wasn’t like they hadn’t gone on a trip before, but they’d never left us all alone. I kept it together for a few more days…but then Jonathan started asking questions and I…I don’t know what happened. I had to call the police. Something didn’t feel right. After I put him to bed that seventh night, I called the police. I remember trembling and crying so much that the operator had to ask me for my address three or four times, but the flashing lights arrived just after I’d gone back upstairs to tell Jonathan.

It was awful. All of it was awful. I didn’t let go of his hand for a second as the police questioned us and the neighbors about things. Soon enough my aunt and my grandmother were both there and being questioned. No one seemed to know what was going on. I was fifteen, my brother was eleven…and our parents were nowhere to be found. The police found their things in the hotel room…and then an empty car the next. After the search had gone on a few days with no further evidence, it was left to us to go with our guardians and just try to move on. They promised to keep looking, but I promised to stay strong for Jonathan’s sake at that point. With all of our things packed, it was a lot of talking about when we could visit and what would happen to us, but I wasn’t going to lose touch with him.

Let me tell you what, fifteen is about the worst time you could possibly move to a brand new place. I was gangly. I’d just hit a growth spurt that had me shooting up in height, though luckily enough my voice had been changing for a little while so I couldn’t be picked on over that. It’s never fun being the new kid. Still, I wasn’t over my parents and I didn’t want to adjust to a new place, so I acted out. I was quiet in classes, my grades were dropping, I got into fights…Luckily, things changed shortly after that. I met Mallory.

Yeah, I know. Soooo typical, right? But Mallory had to have been part of what saved me. My aunt was okay with things until the conduct reports started coming in and then we had one of those talks where she wanted me to focus on something productive instead of destructive. I really turned things around then…I joined self-defense classes after school. I stopped getting into fights in school. I liked how it felt, so I joined track and field…that led into basketball when the seasons were right. My grades started to improve again and I actually made some friends out of all of this…

I can’t really say it was because I enjoyed all of it at first. Go ahead and laugh now, but I wanted to impress her. There was something inside me that thought maybe if I did that things would be okay. Somehow or another, we ended up as friends. My grades improved as well as my conduct. I seemed happier now that I think back on it. It was a dreary handful of months there and I’m sure it worried Jonathan. The two of us still spoke and visited often, but there was a wall that was built between us somehow or another. It didn’t stop me from trying though. As that went on, I was getting closer to Mallory right on top of it. Pretty soon the two of us were dating and…well we haven’t really been apart sense. I mean, sure we’ve had our fights and what not but never for too long. I actually got into a fight for her once, but that didn’t go over particularly well. Note to the wise: Not every girl is a damsel in distress.

It’s actually through her that we found out about my nullification abilities. She’s got her own er…special talent and I happened to come along and suppress it right out of her. Strange, right? I didn’t know where it came from or if I’d had it all along, but the fact was that I had it and now I knew what it was. It came in particularly handy in the next year or two. I’ve come to really hate telephones. They really only bring terrible news or really good news when you’re not the one making the phone calls.

By the time I got our next detrimental phone call, I was in college studying to be a nurse. Laugh all you want. I really enjoy helping people and making them smile is never too hard if you just pay attention to them. More or less, I was looking for something where I could provide for Jonathan as soon as he got out of high school…well or at least of age. He could live with me, I could provide for him, and we would be a family again. Mallory and I were living in an apartment near the hospital where I was finishing up school. My grades were stellar, I continued to talk to Jonathan and visit him every time I could…the same old stuff, right? Oh so wrong. I was prepped and in the middle of observing and aiding in a surgery when a phone call was put through to me. You know they have phones in all the ORs, right? So here I am with my scrubs and bloody gloves answering the phone…and then bolting.

Surgery be damned, I had to get into a car and get to Jonathan. He’d been struck by lightning? LIGHTNING? I didn’t even bother taking off the gloves until I was in my car and fumbling through pockets for keys and my phone out of the glove compartment. After leaving a message for Mallory, I made my way to the hospital feeling even worse about it. I’d told her not to worry, but what was I walking into? It took just a moment of composure before I bolted into the hospital demanding to see my brother. He was there. He was alive. Things were going to be okay. I wasted no time in pulling up a chair to his bed and just sitting there. I don’t even know how long I sat there before he woke up and I could explain things to him and set him at a bit of ease. There were times when he seemed more frantic when he woke up, but it was usually when I wasn’t around.

The nullification. I knew it had to be something, but it made me wonder just how long he’d been going through with whatever it was he could do. Before it got too late, I called up Mallory and told her to come and meet us the next day and I asked if I could tell my brother about her ability. That explanation seemed to make things a little better for him, but he still wasn’t quite himself. It worried me, but it didn’t take a genius to figure out that I was going to take him under wing. I’d spoken to Mallory about it before and now it was just left to find a place where we could all live comfortably within the price range we had. Sure, there was the insurance money that was given to us since there was still no sign of our parents, but that would only buy us a few months cushion. There was also the rent money from the house as we’d started renting it out, but no one stayed for very long. I’m not sure we had a resident for a full year yet. Our neighbors took care of that for us after I organized a contract and percentage with them. Things were beginning to line up.

I finished out school, Jonathan moving in with Mallory and I for that brief bit of time and then we moved into the flat. It was nice, four bedrooms…decent kitchen, two full bathrooms and plenty of cabinet space. It really seemed like a place where we could be happy, but we didn’t waste much time in finding a fourth roommate. It was agreed we’d take on one more and we should start sooner than later and I couldn’t be happier with Micah living with us. I know that he’s not Mallory’s favorite, especially after we learned about his peculiar lifestyle, but he wouldn’t harm any of us. All of us are very different, but this…

It isn’t every day you get a chance at a second family in the middle of your life. Not even the middle of your life. These three are my family now and I’m going to do what I can for them every step of the way.

User Image

» Beneath the Surfacexxxxxxx

» Dependable :: This isn't a trait I've always had, but lately I'm rather proud that I've grown into a dependable person. I like when people can rely on me and they don't have to worry as often because I'll be the one taking a handle on things. People can ask me favors and I'll get them done instead of letting them just sit aside like so many others do.

» Laid-Back :: Typically, I'm pretty go with the flow on things. Life has a way of throwing all sorts of twists and turns into your every day routine and it doesn't change when you're a nurse either. Even the situations with Jonathan have made me realize that you just have to let things be whatever they are and then work together in order to make the outcome work. I'm not the fussy type unless people are seriously not taking care of themselves, so I try not to meddle too much either.

» Hard-working :: There's no sense in doing things in a half-assed manner. You either need to get it all the way done or don't do it at all. It isn't that difficult to understand. Even though my parents were gone, I managed to work and get myself through med school as quickly as possible so I would be able to make a life for myself and those closest to me.

» Caring :: If you haven't guessed it by now, I'm a giant warm-hearted guy. It doesn't matter if I know you or not, but I tend to care about things and people I get involved with. If you can't be gentle with a situation or people when it's called for, then you certainly don't need to be a nurse and you might want to go back and learn a little something about tenderness.

» Careful :: When there are so many things at play like there are in my home now, you quickly learn to be careful and watchful. I have a steady hand from all the medical training, but it's also a matter of being careful around people and making sure I don't overstep my bounds or upset them. I would just feel awful if I did that.

» Good-Natured :: Call me an optimist and I'll agree with you. There's no use in being mopey and sad and pessimistic. Put that energy into something else and make yourself happy.

» Helpful :: As my occupation declares, I do like helping people. I try to make sure they actually want my help before I offer it, but there are special instances...and people that I make exceptions for.

» Affectionate :: I like hugs. I like kisses. I like cuddling. I like snuggling. I like holding hands. I generally like feeling affection from other people as well as giving it when the time is right.

» Strong :: I don't just mean by muscle standards either. With everything that's happened, it's a wonder I haven't cracked and broken down more often. Every Achilles has their weakness and I do push myself to the breaking point more often than not, but I still think I need to appear strong...if only for Jonathan's sake.

» Thumbs Up!xxxxxxx

» Music :: Why yes, I sing in the shower and whistle while I work. Music surrounds us whether you like to admit it or not, so I embrace it. I only wish I could play an instrument as well.

» Affection :: As said before, I thrive on those little bits of affection given to me by my loved ones. I ruffle hair and kiss cheeks and possibly more behind closed doors, but that's for me and one other special lady to know. It's nice to feel loved, so why not spread the joy in the simple little ways?

» Cleaning :: I feel accomplished when I clean. I love doing laundry. It's kind of funny because I'll just find laundry to do if I get the itch to clean something and the place is spotless. This also includes rearranging furniture. I do that when I'm nervous and stressed about something, so there's something right on my sleeve for you to watch out for.

» Comfort :: I can't imagine myself sitting around in a suit for too long without looking like a stick stuck in someone else's clothes. I like broken in jeans. I like sandals....If you can't enjoy the simple comforts around you, you're probably looking for someone else.

» Grilling :: A grill is one of the few tools that are cooking related that I've mastered. Leave the grilling to me and I'll make sure it's done perfectly to whatever your taste is.

» The Feeling of Home :: It's a plain and simple thing. I don't think I need to explain it, but it's just that feeling of being complete.

» Journals :: Little known fact, I keep journals. It's something I've done since the start of high school so I'd be sure not to act out anymore. It stuck and even now they're pretty hysterical to go back and read on. Now I realize just how silly half the things I complained about in their pages are.

» Thumbs Down!xxxxxxx

» Harm :: If anyone I'm close to is in harm's way, I'll gladly step in front of it. It shouldn't have to be that way though. Same goes for innocent people. You don't just badger an old lady that's having a slower time crossing the street.

» Fighting :: I can't sleep if I'm fighting with anyone. The worst is when it's Jonathan or Mallory. I feel awful until we can figure out whatever the problem is. I pace a lot...I yell a lot...but with them I'm never physical. I try not to play fisticuffs with strangers anymore.

» Wasted Effort :: It's a waste of my time and your own. When you have the ability to do something amazing, why are you going to sit there and let it waste away on you? It's frustrating.

» Invasion of Privacy :: I do like my own little bubble sometimes. Not all of my thoughts need to be shared and I'd really appreciate if you didn't pry if I seem agitated.

» Closed Spaces :: There was once where I got locked in a supply closet at the start of med school and they didn't find me until the next morning. The lights flickered and it was hard to breathe in such a cramped space. Just....I can't.

» Idiots :: Again, no explanation needed. If you don't know what you're talking about, ask the questions instead of giving your opinion without being educated.

» Preempted Expectations :: You know exactly what I'm talking about. That girl walks in with way too much make up on and a skirt that's far too short and she's automatically labeled a whore. I hate stuff like that. People like that are never given a chance to defend themselves.

» X Marks the Spotxxxxxxx

» Becoming Unable to Provide :: If things start falling apart, I'm not sure what I'll do. I would do anything to provide for these people, but I fear the moment things start to look grim. I have to be able to do this for them. If not, I've failed.

» Losing Abilities :: It's one thing to not have my abilities, but Jonathan and Mallory both benefit from it. If things get dangerous, I want to be able to help instead of idly stand by and be useless.

» Separation :: I never want to be separated from Jonathan again. If it's of his own will, that's one thing, but I never want to be far from him. He's my brother and if he gets torn away from me, I will not rest until I find him again.

» Beyond Normalityxxxxxxx

» Nullification :: Now, here's the catch. I have to be touching you for it to really work. It'll silence the voices that talk to Jonathan and it'll keep things from flying around Mallory when she's angry. The best way is to touch them, but there is a way for me to extend my skill...like a forcefield almost. The harder I concentrate, the further it can go. I also have the ability to throw it...like a ring almost. So if someone in the distance has a skill I want to tamper with, I can concentrate around them and it nullifies the area. It takes a lot of brain power though and my stamina is strong, but I can't even make it last for more than a little bit before I have to touch them.

» Purification :: This one isn't quite as useful, at least in my eyes. If things have dark magic thrust upon them or they need to be 'cleansed', I have the ability to do that. Kind of neat, right? Well sure, right up until you're not sure what it is you're messing with. The strength of the curse/spell/item directly correlates with how much effort I have to exert to fix it.

User Image
                                » Jonathan Bennettxxxxxxx

I cannot even begin to imagine what life would be like without Jonathan. From the moment he was born until now, I’ve tried to be there for him through thick and thin. Unfortunately it wasn’t always possible for me to be with him physically, but he knew I was there for him regardless of the time or what was going on. He’s my brother. Nothing will ever change that. It’s in my blood to want to protect him and shield him from harm’s way though it’s hard to tell where it’s coming from sometimes. I want him to feel as if he can depend on me always and hopefully that’s exactly what’s happening. The only thing I can hope is that he’ll find his happiness somehow or another through all of this turmoil life has put him through. I can only stand by and be the supportive big brother, but I’ll do it well because I love him to pieces.

User Image
                                » Mallory Trimblexxxxxxx

Mallory’s the one that’s been by me for so long. We’ve been dating since high school and we’re still here…She makes me happy. It’s a little ridiculous and I’m sure she’ll hate me for gushing on like this, but when does a guy get a chance to tell the world that his girl can make him smile just by walking in a room? I know that we’ve been at the ‘dating’ line for a while…nearly eight years, but I’m somewhat afraid of her telling me no if I ask the question, especially with everything going on. That being said, I do love her. I just have to gather the courage to push further down that road hand in hand with her. There is no one else for me.

User Image
                                » Micah Cameronxxxxxxx

The newest addition! Micah’s not a bad sort at all. Sure, he’s got the…er…skeletons in his closet, but I honestly believe that he wouldn’t harm a single one of us. Still, it would’ve been nice to have known he was a vampire at the start, but it really doesn’t matter. He’s always there for a talk and always good for a smile. Even if he was coming around at the middle of the night, I’d be the last person to shove him out in to the rain like that, so I (for one) am rather pleased that he’s stayed with us for so long. I know I can count on him and he knows that I wouldn’t allow him to mingle with those dearest to me if I didn’t trust him. It’s a hefty cost, but I believe it’s worth it to give another straggler a home.

User Image
                                » Yvette Kleinxxxxxxx

Yvette and I actually go back a fair bit. We work together now, but before that she was in med school with me. Uncanny, right? She's really nice and extremely helpful. Most of the time she has people at the hospital asking her to do things all the time, but she always helps in a pinch. Not only that, but she's very sweet and gentle with Jonathan, which is a little bit of a relief for me. She helped me out in catching up just after his accident, so she happened to be around the flat a lot when we were first moving in. While she is pretty, yes...I have eyes, she has the tendency to perhaps take things a step too far? I think she's incredible, but there are lines. I also don't know what it means when people talk about her shocking them all the time. It hasn't happened to me once. Not that we touch often. I know that wouldn't go over too well with Mal...and you know I like to keep her happy with me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxN a t h a n B e n n e t txxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAnd when t r o u b l e thinks its found us...the w o r l d falls down around us..

User Image
      Rare was one word to call the day but Nate could hardly contain himself at the news of he and Mallory both having the same day off at the same time and everything. And the added bonus was that he didn’t have to work the night before so they could actually manage to find the time to do something than be passing ships in the night. He felt guilty for that much nearly every day but she didn’t seem to mind it once it came down to the bare bones of it. It would ease up soon enough. He hoped. For her sake and his own if it didn’t.

They slept in without alarms which was nearly as magical as the prospect of going out and into town without some priority chomping at their heels. Needless to say, he was beyond grateful that she was willing to throw a date in whenever they could. Today he was planning on lunch since Jonathan seemed to always have dinner under wraps and Nate knew he had to be in earlier the next day. A trip to a few shops, lunch, ice cream, and an aquarium later, he started to lead them back toward their little apartment which had only seemed to grow. For only having the two of them at first, his brother and himself, they’d finally settled in as a nice little family. Mallory had been patient and a lot more than she should have been given some of his problems. She’d not only taken him on but his brother, too.

And now the vampire that seemed to be Jonathan’s best friend for the time being. It was good for him and Nate couldn’t begin to say how grateful he was for that, either. He worried about his younger brother most of the time. If something were to happen to him, what would happen to the younger Bennett? Morbid thoughts of his dead body keeping him company was almost too far so Nate was glad he’d at least found a friend or someone he could talk to. Some people he could talk to because he knew better than to discount Jezzie either. They’d take care of him. And Mallory would, too…at least for a little while.

At least Nate hoped.

He really was going to have to find a ring to put on her finger at some point. With that gesture, the teasing would stop for long enough that they could catch their breath. He was even teased at work that they’d essentially eloped over a holiday one year and not bothered to tell anyone. Not a single soul. Probably Yvette but it wasn’t his concern. Walking across the bridge, he held onto Mal’s hand and glanced down to the banks where he’d placed the turtle from the road during the storm. Why he thought the turtle would still be there was beyond him but it caused a shiver to run up his back. His fingers tightened around Mal’s and he looked at her before giving an uneasy laugh. ”Must be someone walking over my grave.”

Still, he started them home and found it strangely quiet. Maybe it wasn’t strangely as both of the boys inside tended to keep to themselves together but there was typically some ambient sound of Micah working over something or Jonathan cooking by this hour. His brow furrowed with his keys in hand and he looked to Mal. Before pushing in, he leaned down to brush her hair aside and to press a gentle kiss to her lips first and then her forehead. ”Thank you for today. Back to reality for a bit, hm?” Though they were all bound to end up dozing on the sofa or playing a board game.

There was none of that inside though. Nate might have crossed into the room with a smile on his face but it was wrong. Everything felt very…wrong. He couldn’t quite put a finger on it and that made him more uncomfortable than he would have liked to admit. There wasn’t an issue with Jonathan napping on the sofa but there was a tension that thickened the air. ”Hey guys. Everything okay?” His voice went quiet and he stood in front of the two of them, dropping to sit on the edge of the coffee table though it got on Mal’s nerves, he was sure. Reaching out and touching Jonathan’s knee, his eyes searched from the tired eyes over to Micah to try and understand. ”Did something happen while we were out? I’m sure it’s fine…whatever it is…”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxI p r o m i s e you won't ever, no, you won't ever feel a t h i n g.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff