Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Fatcat

my samples thread

excuse the broken layouts, there's a photobucket fiasco

the higher the page number, the more recent the sample

Shirtless Fatcat

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

FSTER tab THAN tab A tab BULLET tab TRAIN
                            xxxxxxx blankS H E blankW A SblankL I K E

BANGxxBANGxxBANGxxBANGxxBANGxxBANGxxBANGxxBANG

YOUWON'TEVENFEELTHEPAIN

xxxxxxx S H E ' S blankG O T blankA blankF I N G E RblankO N blankT H E blank T R I G G E R

AND tab YOU'RE tab RIGHT tab THERE tab IN tab THE tab MIDDLE

tab tab tab tab s h e ' s tab g o n n a tab s h o o t
            x x NINETY NINE BOTTLES ON THE WALL UNTIL THEY'RE EMPTY
            tab tab tab tab tab ▬▬▬▬ USED TO BE A PLAIN JANE NOW SHE GOES BANG BANG!

• As he rejected the drink, she merely set the bottle down and continued to turn on the laptop that had been on her desk. She picked up a paper from the folder she had retrieved and scanned over its contents without any more urging. She wasn't about to try and force him to do anything. Well, at this moment. What she meant was, if he didn't want a drink, he wouldn't tell him to have one anyways. Though, his comment was enough to warrant her attention again. Without any kind of reaction, she set down the paper and glanced at the computer screen. She hummed thoughtfully.

"You're probably right about me being pathetic," she said calmly, proceeding to type on the device as if she weren't bothered by him. She did, however, eventually turn her gaze to him. Her eyes were serious and cold, but it didn't feel like animosity. "My will, soul, and ambition are one in the same; and I've dedicated them all to others. But of my own accord and for my own reasons. These people, while insignificant to you, are probably my entire world. I wouldn't call it love...more like, I've adapted their goals as my own." It most likely began with Kristofor. But it certainly hadn't ended with him, and his organization honestly wasn't the only thing she was affiliated with. There were darker parts of her work, ones she kept away from the respective others.

She leaned back in her chair, folding her hands delicately as she stared down. "So perhaps I truly have lost myself. I sold my soul to the devil long ago. But I don't feel bound to anything or anyone. My "emotions" are fabricated," she said. "But if I feel anything, it is contentment. And since I have nothing to lose and nothing to feel, I'll use myself as the tool that allows others to achieve their goals. Because these people have found me useful, I will repay the favor by preventing anything from going wrong." Zhu-Yin glanced at Arthur, a thin smile on her lips. "The similarity between us is that we're both tools with bonds to our masters. The difference is that the bond I have with you is much more false than the bonds I have with mine. I do what you have to by my own will. You will always feel defiance. Even if you act agreeable, I'm sure you've noticed it. You've noticed that your body moves on your own, even when you move with it."

She lifted her hand to mimic a pair of scissors. "You're the puppet with strings. I am the one without," she said, tilting her head and smiling. "Those strings are going to be a mess once they're all tangled. It's better to just..." She snipped her fingers together. "Cut them before they get things all tied up." He should consider himself lucky. Very, very few ever learned of her true self. It wasn't like she considered it a weakness, but it was something she kept hidden in order to remain proficient.

tab location office

tab company Arthur

tab ooc snip snip

x IT WAS ONLY ONE NIGHT, ONE KISS
                                                            tab tab tab tab ▬▬▬▬ BUT YOU KNOW SHE'LL NEVER LET IT SLIDE

Shirtless Fatcat

xxxxx xxxx xxxxxIF xxxxYOUxxxxCAN'TxxxxLETxxxxMExxxxGO
                                                              xi* i will ( cut ) my strings
                                                              ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇x▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇x▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

LOCATION street tab COMPANY Dr. Xavier Lettuce-head and Django, Buttercup
                                                              OOC say howdy do to Anne ouo

• In her initial plans, she never really meant to return. At the time, she thought that she'd finally be leaving for good and would never return. How strange it was to be so close to what she used to consider home. Too many unfortunate things happened that forced her to cut those ties. She'd cherish them, but only when she had nothing to lose. Holding things dear had a nasty habit of being used as a weakness. She couldn't afford having any more weaknesses.

Andromeda didn't mind the weather. It stood no chance against the heavy nostalgia weighing on her shoulders. The oddly thin trench coat said enough. After ending a phone call with one of her contacts, she stuck her hands in her pockets. She was looking up at the sky as she walked, blinking away snowflakes whenever they settled on her eyelashes. It was oddly peaceful, even for a full moon. The underlying darkness wasn't really as dark here. It was a little refreshing from having lived in the shadows herself for so long. At the same time, it filled her with unease. There were many reasons for that, but now wasn't the time to divulge.

As she made her way down the street, two odd looking figures caught her eye. A man in a wheelchair and the one who was pushing him. Well, weren't they the oddest pair. The lettuce guy didn't look old and the creepy looking guy didn't look like an aid at all. Maybe a pal? Looked more like a bodyguard with all those guns -- she could tell he was loaded by the slight shape of the holsters and guns beneath his jacket. It wasn't obvious to the normal human eye, but hers were sharp. She didn't live to over a thousand years just for age bragging rights. They looked sketchy. Was being in a wheelchair an act? She wasn't about to talk to them. She merely stopped to light a cigarette, though she watched them from the corner of her eye. They smelled like trouble. Actually, one of them smelled like a vampire. She was going to guess it wasn't the one in the wheelchair.

There was another person Anne almost overlooked. A woman not too far off from her and the weirdos across the street. Now that she saw, it looked like those weirdos were actually going towards her. She put very little effort into listening to their conversation, and Anne pursed her lips as she exhaled smoke. ********. Why was she suddenly filled with a sense of heroism? It was the full moon. One of them was a vampire. It was normal to get blood. She knew fairly well. She had bitten her fair share of humans. Well, fair share was a loose term. She'd been doing it for a thousand years. "God dammit," she grumbled, flicking the cigarette on the ground and casually crossing the street behind the two men.

Keeping her distance, she waited until they addressed the woman to make sure they didn't know each other before she started making rash decisions. The moment it was confirmed that these two were approaching her as strangers, she decided to intervene. "Boy oh boy! You two are creepy as hell! The ******** is up with those pet names?" she said, unfazed at the fact both men were a lot bigger than her. Not to mention Django was loaded. "Do you mind keeping at least one hundred feet away? I couldn't help but overhear that you have some nasty plans for this poor girl and I'd like to put a kink in your plans." She smiled as if she weren't insulting them at all and didn't understand that they thought they were a threat. Though, seriously. One of them was crippled for christ's sake. Or he was faking. Man, he looked arrogant as hell!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                          xxxxand fall on my ownxxand fall on my ownxxand fall on my ownxxand fall on my ownxxand fall on my own
                                                          xxxxand fall on my ownxxand fall on my ownxxand fall on my ownxxand fall on my ownxxand fall on my own

Shirtless Fatcat

MY tab FATE tab RAINS tab DOWN tab AND tab FILLS tab BOTH tab OF tab MY tab HANDS
                                    xxxxxxx M Y spaceH A N D S spaceA L O N E spaceA R E spaceN O T spaceE N O U G H space!

IxxCANxxMAKExxAxxTOMORROWxxTHATxxYOUxx ARExxABLExxTOxxBELIEVExx

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A WORLD WITHOUT MEANING!

xxxxxxx IspaceWON'TspaceGIVEspace UPspaceONspaceYOUspaceANYMORE!
                                              I tab AM tab HELD tab PRISONER tab BY tab LIGHTS tab FALLING tab THROUGH tab CRACKS
                                    tab tab tab tab b u t tab t h e tab p u l l i n g tab g r a v i t y tab w o n ' t tab t e l l tab m e tab a b o u t tab m y tab h e a r t
              x
              x KEEP HOLDING MY HAND BECAUSE THE LIGHT REFLECTS THE FUTURE
              tab tab tab tab tab ▬▬▬▬ A FUTURE I WILL TAKE YOU AWAY TO

• Oliver had so much fun arriving last night that he had forgotten where he was...and what it implied. He had been up very early this morning after waking up abruptly upon the realization. Oh man, Uncle Salem was going to kill him (a complete exaggeration). Maybe he could find a way to hide and his uncle would forget. It sure had been busy last night and no doubt he had things to take care of today...right?

He had rushed out of his room and immediately sought somewhere to hide. His powers would help a lot. As a matter of fact, he became invisible the moment he left his room, just in case someone was around. The first place he guaranteed Salem would expect him was in his room. Then would probably be breakfast. After that he'd probably expect outside. Hm. Where could he hide? In plain sight (well not sight, because he was invisible). He went to the least likely place he'd ever try to hide and stayed there. He figured all of his cousins would be too busy today to come lounge around in the living room. Salem probably had things to do as well -- things that didn't involve the living room.

Oliver's plan was brilliant...too bad he forgot he wasn't good at sitting in silence. He would have put his earbuds in, but anyone could hear the music. He couldn't play anything without giving himself away. Darn it! He started pacing to try and distract himself with his footsteps, but soon realized that those could be heard too. Suddenly his plan wasn't as good as he thought it was. At least if he had gone outside, he could have listened to music while he waited to be found. He had been so stressed about the silence, that he hadn't heard the running footsteps.

Something -- or rather, someone -- crashed right into him. He stumbled, but didn't fall. His concentration was shattered though and his body melted into view. "Crap!" he sighed. He was already found? Expecting it to be one of his cousins, he opened his mouth to try and talk his way out of it. When he looked down, his open mouth just turned into a dumbstruck look. Oh, who was this? He hadn't seen her from last night. Hey, she was pretty cute!

Deciding to really try and sweeten his way out of this situation (he didn't want her telling anyone where he was), he knelt down and captured her chin in his fingers. "Sorry, didn't see you there," he said, smirking at the joke. He lowered his face to hers. "Are you okay? Here, I think I can make it better," he said before softly pressing his lips on the corner of her mouth. He retreated, licking his lips. "Wow, you were already so sweet looking, I had no idea you actually tasted like candy." He tilted his head and smiled charmingly. "Did that help?"

▇▇ l o c a t i o n ( living room ) ▇▇ c o m p a n y ( Ariel )
                    ▇▇ o o c ( ohboy... o vo" )

Shirtless Fatcat

TASTES GOOD FEELS GOOD
« xxxxxwell then it must be mine!xxxxx »
          I SEE WHAT'S MINE AND I TAKE IT!
« xxxxxxxxxthe crown, so close i can taste it xxxxxxxxx »
        i am so much more than royal

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

• It was a very peaceful morning, despite what had transpired last night. At least, to Rayelle it seemed very calm and peaceful. She was usually an early riser, waking as the morning birds started chirping their greetings. Most of it had to do with her being a poor sleeper. She was fitful during the nights and hated when she fell into a deep sleep. It always induced nightmares. As per usual, she started her morning with a soothing cup of tea as she enjoyed sitting outside in the misty morning. Once she was done, she went back to her room to get ready for the day. Now that they had guests, there was a schedule and many things to do. She needed to be prepared.

The event she found herself participating in was the complete opposite of her gentle and calm morning. It started right after she walked in on him during his early morning prayer time (which she thought was amusingly ironic).

"Get back over here! I'm not finished with you!" she yelled at the blonde boy as he skittered across the room. She chased after him with a dress in hand. She had finally struggled to get the blouse on him. But he was quick and managed to get away from her again. Luckily he hadn't gone for the door, but she had instructed Xemaus to catch him if that happened. Currently the mysterious demon was nowhere in sight. It was just Rayelle chasing the disheveled, half naked boy around the room. Strands of her hair were starting to fall out of her bun from having wrestled him down the first time. This was ridiculous! She was quicker and stronger than him and yet he was as slippery as an eel!

Rayelle huffed in frustration, trying to chase him into a corner. "You're making this more difficult than it has to be! Just put the damn dress on before you ruin it!" She didn't even notice someone else was here. But it soon proved to be a sudden convenience.

▇▇ l o c a t i o n » ( Ariel's room ) ▇▇ c o m p a n y » ( Ariel -- and Eveline )
                  ▇▇ o o c » ( i need to make a new layout uwu )

Shirtless Fatcat

❶ ❷ ❸ ↷   * ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ :《 & i can tell that you're needing my love
                                                        xxxxxxxxxxx██ » ❶ //// AND ALL I WANT IS TO GIVE IT TO YOU
                                                        __ ;▐☇☇&&「DON`T」! ▬ G-GIVE!up on the * MOMENT.TONIGHT ᵎ. ★ ⊱
                                                        █▐ : ` YOU'LL REGRET IT 彡 THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
                                                        xxxxxx◤ ___ THIS IS A NEW LOVE )↓* ⋮ xxxxxxxxxx◤ ___ THIS IS A NEW LOVE )↓* ⋮

• Clarissa had been horrified to learn of what happened back in Italy at the manor. She hadn’t expected a call and had been too preoccupied with her newfound puppy to answer her phone at the time. Apparently Morto had answered for her, but what the conversation had been far from cheery. There was nothing she could do personally – she was about five hours away in Wales! Morto had somewhat offered and she asked if he would leave to check on things. Anything could have happened in five hours, but it was worth trying. She did appreciate his help seeing as he had no ties to the manor save for her. And she was safe with her family for the time being.

After Morto had left, it had been a game of patience and anxiety. No one had really called to update her and she didn’t want to call in case things were happening and they had better things to do that try and tell her what was going on. Her family provided a decent enough distraction, but her mind still wandered. It was much, much later that she received a call from Morto, who had arrived in time to see the three maids returned safely. It was relieving to know that things were alright but at the same time a feeling of dread seeped into her. She’d be returning to Italy in a few days. Hopefully everything was stable enough.

When she finally did return to the manor, she was surprised to see that it was being cleared out; furniture, belongings, etc. Clarissa had discovered that Felicity intended to evacuate Caedis. The thought honestly did make Clarissa a little upset, only because it was apparent it was a heavy blow to the head maid. After asking how the three maids had been doing, she found out that two of them were depressed – the other had been in a comatose state for some time. They all had to be in shock, and Clarissa was upset there was nothing she could do to help.

They were to leave and stay at Derek’s until arrangements would be made for them to go to Ireland. That fact made her a little excited, since it now meant she’d be closer to her own family. She’d have to be careful who she told though. And of course, she did ask permission to share the location with a few select people. She knew they’d need new hired help, and had an idea in mind. There was a person she knew that she thought would be very good in helping with security: a close, trusted friend of hers. She had made arrangements for it as quickly as she could and told her friend where to be in December. Inviting her to a Christmas party would be a great way for her to meet everyone and understand the circumstances. She wasn’t quite sure if her friend even knew about herself – it had been some time since they talked or saw each other.

Christmas was a fun time, even if there was a shadowy event clinging to everyone. Decorating had been a good way to get things off people’s mind and the overall festivities that came with Christmas did the same thing. The kids had fun and Clarissa enjoyed watching them. There was another girl, one Clarissa had never met or seen before, that had been talked about. Like now, she was nowhere in sight. That was too bad. Maybe she liked animals?

Tiny (Baron) – was getting a lot bigger than Clarissa had anticipated. Maybe he was a Saint Bernard? Clarissa was lying on the floor, reading with the giant puppy sprawled out on top of her. It was a rather odd sight, but the floor could be comfortable sometimes and Derek had expressed his desire to keep the dog off the furniture. She’d respect that. As for Tiny (Baron), she had found him on the street while she had visited family and couldn’t resist helping the poor thing. He had been so small and helpless. She wondered if she was feeding him something wrong. He was still cute though, and Clarissa enjoyed having him. ..though she wasn’t too sure about Morto’s opinion of him.

She looked past her book when Ginny, Derek’s daughter came to get her.

“You’ve got a guest Clary,” the girl told her before running off the way she came.

Clarissa smiled. “It must be Kohaku,” she said, pushing Tiny (Baron) off of her. The puppy merely looked up at her with a wrinkled brow before it got up and followed after her with an excited bounce. Clarissa went to the entry way and her smile broadened at the sight of her friend.

“(It’s great to see you again)!” she said as she approached the woman to give her a hug. “(I’m glad you’re here. We’ve got a lot to talk about).”

With: Sera, Kohaku
                                                          Location: Derek's entryway
                                                          OOC: o vo

Shirtless Fatcat

XXXI'M GOING BLIND FROM THIS SWEET SWEET CRAVINGXXXXXLET'S LOSE OUR MINDS ANDXXXXXGO ******** CRAZY
HOT DAMN YOU SEE ME LICKIN'XXXXXFROSTING FROM MY OWN HANDSXXXXXWANT ANOTHER TASTE, SAY "YES MA'AM"

X░░░░░ ████████ ████ { LET'S START LIVING DANGEROUSLY } ████ //
xxxxxxxxxxxx ↳ // { WALK FOR ME } ▬▬ { BABY, BABY }

• She had been expected. Well, wasn't that wonderful! At least someone understood the value she possessed. Whoever knew it was her own doing, she didn't know. But it didn't matter to her what others thought. It wouldn't change her mind. This was going to be one hell of an experience. How often did humans get to visit, much less live, with the supreme ruler of the world? Her guess from the documented, unusual 'natural' disasters, she'd say very, very few. That volcano in the Vatican had been all over the news. Demons strike again! Was it irony that made them decide to destroy the holy order or maybe it was an actual threat. Perhaps she'd find out. The amount of power she imagined sent tingles down her back. A sacrifice, hm? Sure. She'd be a sacrifice for fun.

She had boarded the airship on time and pleasantly. It was so nice of that one man to help her with her bags. Not only was he nice, but she loved a man in uniform. The entire vessel was teaming with crew mates dressed in the same standard uniform. And a good lot of them weren't so bad looking at all. She'd have to swing by and see the captain. She could take her time getting there though. There was plenty to play with along the way. Avra had been unaware of the other passengers on the airship, having put all of her focus chasing the men in uniform. It was easy to catch their attention. What with her good looks and charming, pleasant accent. What was it with men and accent fetishes? It was so popular.

Not all of them got the same treatment along the trip. There were a few that were harder nuts to crack -- so to speak -- because of previous or current relations. Avra had gotten away with some kissing on those chaps. Perhaps a little handsy touching. A smaller few were very easy to convince. Since she wasn't quite ready to wear herself out, she wore them out instead. Ave was very good with her mouth, after all. She had tried her best to reach the captain, but it turned out the captain didn't really do much. That or he wasn't where he should have been at the right time. She had settled for the first mate. The rest of the trip she spent tucked in his lap as he sat in his commanding chair, laughing and feigning interest in how he managed the entire ship. She had been pleased to learn that the first mate knew of certain private quarters they could visit while his own assistant managed the ship. He wasn't the captain, but he was pretty darn close! She'd take it.

Avra had lost track of time. As it turned out, the first mate was far more weathered than she anticipated. A very endearing surprise, to be sure. She had worn herself out after all. They had to be there by now, but she didn't want to check just yet. She was still tingling from the adrenaline coursing through her veins. She had learned something new. Elevation made sex really fun. Being able to see clouds through a port hole while you were practically hanging upside down was an experience. And so was almost feeling like you could fall from that same height with being pressed against the same window. Wow. She needed to air travel more. And definitely not by plane -- air ships were far more spacious than those miniature metal portajohns.

She was fixing her disheveled hair in a small pocket mirror when she was finally handed her tights. Though, what they really were were the tattered remains of what tights were supposed to be. Ah, that was unfortunate. She'd have to get new ones. "Thank you anyway, darling ~" she said sweetly. She closed the mirror and put it away. With an amused smile curling her lips, she crawled over to straddle his lap. "You know, there's still a lot we can do even with clothes on," she teased, wrapping her arms around the man's neck (she didn't even know his name and didn't care to ask). They had already gotten dressed since he anticipated they arrived a while ago. She teasingly bit at his lip. "No more tights to get in the way. You get to stay in that sexy uniform," she whispered, grinding her hips against him. "It's a thrilling challenge, no?" Her accent practically purred those words.

Right. What was she here for again? Oh right. Demon sacrifice.

{ LOCATION } : airship { COMPANY } : mister sailor ~ ♥
                            { O. O. C. } : I'll get graphics up with this soon. AKA tomorrow. This also probably ended up way more NSFW than I intended.

Shirtless Fatcat

xxxxx xxxx xxxxxIT'S xxxxALLxxxxRIGHTxxxxTOxxxxCRY
                                                                xi° when my ( tears ) run dry
                                                                ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇x▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇x▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

LOCATION near the hot spring tab COMPANY Suzue, teammates
                                                                OOC i'm actually terrible at remembering to change statuses >A<

• He was having a nice dream of finding a free all-you-can eat BBQ buffet when, all of a sudden, a strange face showed up in his dream. A weird guy with white hair. Who the heck was he? Before Ryo could address this strange dream phantom, the man reached forward with a finger and prodded his food right out of his hands. Eh? EH! HEY! The dream dissipated and Ryo felt his consciousness awaken. Someone actually was pinching his nose. Huh? Wasn't safe to sleep up here? Well, that was just ridiculous. Opening one cat-like eye, he looked at the stranger who roused him. Oh. It was the guy who ruined his dream.

WAIT A MINUTE!

"Ah!" Startled, he quickly moved into a crouch and leapt to another branch. He branded a hand on his hip and waved an accusing finger at the stranger. "H-Hey! What the heck do you think you're doing? Who the heck are you?" His sense of smell was a little warbled. When he realized it, his demeanor changed a little. His shoulders slumped and he rubbed furtively at his nose, eyes watering. "That's sensitive, you know! Now it's going to be harder to smell things." He sniffed. First this guy ruined great dream food and now he hurt his nose. What did he even do to this guy to deserve it?

He blinked as a low growl came from the branches above him. He looked up as his giant ninneko leapt down in front of him, tail fluffed and fur raised defensively. Oh shoot. Suzue was gonna eat this guy for lunch. Giving him a once over, he determined that he wasn't an enemy and was actually someone he was supposed to meet with. This was a specified rendezvous point, after all. No average person would have noticed him up in the trees, especially with his scent erased. "It's okay Suzue," he said patting the feline's head. He crouched down to look at the new guy, almost mimicking the ninneko next to him. "I think he's one of our teammates."

Suzue growled and Ryo blinked. "Eh? Another one?" He sniffed and looked down. Oh man, that guy reeked of horse! But there definitely was another man on the ground. How long had he been there? Ryo flashed a toothy grin. "Heh. Sorry about that. She'll feel better once she memorizes your scent," he said. He looked down again. "Oh, and yours too when you don't smell like a horse!" he said, waving. He jumped down from his branch, grabbing one at the last second to swing on. He smiled. "Oh right. I'm Ryouichi," he said, swinging. "That's Suzue. We're from the encampment two hours east of here."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                            xxxxI have to become strongerxxwhen I shed red bloodxxso I am reminded of lifexxand of people with no pastxxand what true solitude is
                                                            xxxxI have to become strongerxxwhen I shed red bloodxxso I am reminded of lifexxand of people with no pastxxand what true solitude is

Shirtless Fatcat

• Being drawn out of her nest like a baited troll from its hole resulted in a few things; one, she was annoyed and two, she was willing to take it out on anyone. She had been in Robin Hood's realm when the attacks started. It had been easy to hide a large number of inklings in the uninhabited lands, she assumed. But the moment it happened, "Quinn" knew what it meant. Unfortunately. In order to protect herself from the chilling voice she knew would eventually crawl into her head, she immediately decided to act. It took a while -- a day at most -- to plan something out. From various sources, she learned that the attacks happened in most of the realms simultaneously. The nation's capital had been protected using the realms as a buffer and its incredible defenses. It wasn't a loss, though. She had no doubt it would eventually come under attack. It did indicate, however, that Origin City was where she was heading. Luckily it'd be a very short journey.

Her contracted gryphon was ready to go an hour after she sent for it and the flight to the city only took three hours. She already knew someone in Origin City who would help her get some information. Just your every day average barkeep -- loose lips enjoyed a good drink and being entertained. Bars were a cesspool of information. What should be said was often said, things that needed to be hidden were revealed, and secrets locked away were unlocked at locations like these. If you knew what you were looking for, you'd find it. Quinn directed the gryphon, whose name was Casfel, to the designated landing perch nearby the bar. 'If someone noteworthy shows up, let me know,' she told him. He angled a large gold eye at her. 'Of course. We're lucky we arrived when we did with those storm clouds incoming. Stay dry,' he said. Quinn smiled and stroked his neck, tucking a small pouch full of gold into the larger one around his neck. "I'll be back later," she said aloud with a flippant wave of her hand. She strolled to the stairs and went down to ground level.

The streets were surprisingly busy for a nation at war with an unknown force. People were still out trying to buy and sell. Women were standing together in groups to gossip. Some young boys were showing off their newly obtained weapons. Children were weaving between people to play a game of tag. It was almost like nothing was wrong. Quinn could only smile bitterly to herself. It wouldn't last. That chilling darkness would envelop this land eventually. She highly doubted anyone would be capable of stopping it. How could you fight darkness? It was intangible and cold, yet still capable of suffocating those in its wake. A chill ran down her spine and she shuddered, delicately nudging her way towards the bar.

It wasn't as busy inside as she expected it to be. Which was rather disappointing, actually. Perhaps she'd have to wait until it rained for people to decide to take shelter. Or, she could move things along a little quicker. She went to the bar and leaned over, a smile curving her lips as her eyes fell on a familiar face. She nonchalantly looked down at her gloved hands, pulling them taught over her fingers. "How long does it take for a gal to get a drink around here?" she asked, slightly raising her voice to catch the bearded man's attention. He looked over with a surprised expression, recognized her, and laughed. "There you are Quinn! I was starting to wonder when you'd finally show up," he said with a grin. He came over to stand behind the bar in front of her. He leaned an arm on the counter. "Though you and I both know you won't drink anything I have to offer."

Quinn smiled and quietly laughed. "Ah, I had a feeling you'd remember that specific detail," she commented. "I would have thought that the business I drew in kept you too distracted, Teige." Teige shook a finger at her. "I'm a barkeep, Quinn. I always notice when someone doesn't drink. But you didn't come here to talk about that, did you? Am I to assume I'll be receiving your assistance again?" Quinn chuckled. "Yes, that's right. I'll be helping you out again since it'll benefit me more than you. I'll actually start working right away if you're prepared for it," she said, eyes examining the shelf of alcohol behind him. Her eyes settled on a rather unique looking bottle. "Wherever did you acquire such a selection?" she asked, obvious interest lining her tone. Teige followed her gaze with raised eyebrows. "Suddenly you're interested in the alcohol?" Quinn shook her head and smirked. "Not in the way you think. I would enjoy having it join my collection, though," she commented. She reached into a bag on her belt to grab a fist full of...paper confetti? But what she placed on the counter was a fist full of gold coins. "Consider that the payment for the whole bottle. My services are payment for the rest of what I needed," she said. Teige smiled. "Works for me, doll. Work your magic," he said, sweeping the coins into his hand.

Quinn blew a kiss at him from her fingertips and moved away from the bar. She opened the door at went outside. Ah, this was going to be easy. Quinn was the name she used as an entertainer. And entertainers caught the attention of a large span of different kinds of people. A perfect mix for obtaining information. "Lovely patrons, the rain is coming. Wouldn't you like to take shelter in here with me?" she called out. It caught the attention of a few people. But it was her dancing that began to appeal to more people. She managed to convince two other attractive looking girls to join her (she did have an endless amount of gold, of course, and promised them they could have whatever they wanted from what people threw at them) in order to draw in more people. It'd work even better once it started raining.

LOCATION outside a bar tab COMPANY myself
                                                                  OOC anyone is free to bump into her u vu

Shirtless Fatcat

• █████████ ██

Calixta couldn't sense any kind of discomfort from him. Which was...well, annoying. Couldn't he take a hint? It was even more disconcerting when he finally spoke, a surprised tone to his voice. Wait a minute, she understood him? She blinked and let her pointing hand drop to her side. Mandarin? She wasn't speaking anything like that, she was speaking in her native language in order to scare him off. But...he understood what she had said? She stared at him in disbelief as he continued to speak in apparent Portuguese. It sounded fluent...but he definitely wasn't Brazilian or Portuguese himself. He was saying the same thing about her!

The man removed his sunglasses and looked at her with odd colored eyes. Okay, he was either an alien or one of those freaks who tattooed their eyes. Contacts? They definitely weren't normal, but they didn't make her uncomfortable. As if looks could intimidate her. She was confused though. She didn't understand why he thought she was speaking a completely different language. She had never been to China. Or known anyone Chinese.

"What are you talking about? I don't know Mandarin. But how do you know Portuguese?"
    she said, a frown creasing her brow. What kind of joke was he playing? This was...weird. Abnormal, honestly. What were the odds of meeting someone -- here, of all places, in Japan -- who spoke her language fluently. Even if he was a little...crazy? It was the mildest word she could think of. But something wasn't right here and it wasn't on her end.

At least he was polite. Even if he had been inappropriate and annoying to start with. She reluctantly accepted his handshake. Presa -- Fang? What, did he think he was some kind of animal? "My name is Calixta," she responded, in a considerably more neutral tone. Her hostility was gone, but her skepticism was there. That and her reluctance to make the best out of this situation. "Is there a reason you're here?" Perhaps a vague question, but she thought it was easy to imply what she was talking about. What was he doing here, where he was standing specifically?

▇▇ l o c a t i o n ( among the food stands ) ▇▇ c o m p a n y ( Sen )
    ▇▇ o o c ( new outfit )

Shirtless Fatcat

THE tab TIME tab WILL tab COME tab WHEN tab YOU'LL tab HAVE tab TO tab RISE
                                    xxxxxxx A B O V E spaceT H E spaceB E S T space&spaceP R O V E spaceY O U R S E L F space!

FAREWELL,xxI'VExxGONExxTOxxTAKExxMYxxTHRONExx BUTxxDON'TxxWEEPxxFORxxMExx

'CAUSE THIS WILL BE THE LABOR OF MY LOVE...!

xxxxxxx YOURspaceSPIRITspaceNEVERspace DIES;spaceWEspaceAREspaceTHEspaceWARRIORS!
                                              WE tab BUILT tab THIS tab WORLD tab FROM tab DUST tab !
                                    tab tab tab tab a t tab t i m e s tab y o u ' d tab l a y tab a w a k e tab a t tab n i g h t tab a n d tab s c h e m e
              x
              x OF ALL THE THINGS YOU'D CHANGE BUT IT WAS JUST A DREAM
              tab tab tab tab tab ▬▬▬▬ HERE WE ARE, DON'T TURN AWAY NOW

• Isaia wasn't sure he liked this city at all. It was crowded and busy. Not to mention the people here were too spirited or impersonal for his social disposition. He had already been confronted by merchants trying to sell their wares to him and none of those encounters had gone well. There were a few times where Isaia had thought about just buying what they offered to get rid of them. Though, he never really carried money on him in the first place so it was out of the question.

Why was something as important as the Hand of God in a city like this? Other than its sheer size, he really didn't see what else this city could offer to hide such an artifact. But what did he know? If a Blade had never shown itself to him, he wouldn't even be here. He supposed he'd just have to put his small amount of faith in it. It wouldn't save him from having to deal with all of these lively Espanians, unfortunately.

He and Guardian had taken to an inn that allowed him to work instead of pay for boarding. Usually he was assigned tasks like protection or dealing with bandits. Here, it was similar but sometimes he was requested to duel with select people. A lot of Espanians liked to gamble, it seemed. Isaia wasn't particularly fond of the idea, but since it wasn't to the death, he found it an acceptable way of earning his boarding with the inn master's requests. Isaia was pretty sure it was because the man was receiving the gold from his winnings that Isaia had refused.

Isaia had spent the rest of his time trying to gather more information, letting Guardian do the same thing in a different way. Isaia was pretty incapable of interacting with others in a way they understood. It didn't help that he didn't understand anything anyone told him if they did speak to him. He was limited to two languages. He started to get the notion that they were blatantly talking to him in their native language because it was obvious he was a foreigner. He gave up on searching for information and let Guardian go out instead. He stayed in the inn, listening for words he did understand and hoping they would relate to his objective. He couldn't really stray far anyways. He was even worse at finding his away around than he was at talking to others.

There was a usual spot he hung around in where he could hear others the best, but when he went to stand there, he saw a strange figure already doing that. The first thing he noticed, aside from the man being in his spot, was how he stood out like a sore thumb. The second was that he was doing the same thing Isaia wanted to do. He didn't realize it himself, but he was already standing rather close to the shorter man, openly frowning at him. The other foreigner turned to address him about it.

Isaia's mind was immediately flustered, feeling the confrontation of forced social interaction compressing his mind. His accent was strange and he was bold enough to demand (if Isaia wasn't being dramatic enough) if he was bothered by him. His outward composure was calm, but he was already struggling not to bite his tongue. He stared for a few moments before finally managing to answer, "Not really."

It was the truth. The man himself didn't bother him. He was just upset that his spot had been taken. Isaia clung to familiarity since he was so easily lost. He was sure that if he re-positioned he'd forget the way to the stairs.

▇▇ l o c a t i o n ( inn ) ▇▇ c o m p a n y ( Nobukoto )
                    ▇▇ o o c ( this was not my best i'm sorry ; v; )

Shirtless Fatcat

DEYRAS ALREN
            « xxxxxwith these hands I wish to protect youxxxxx »
                    EVEN IF THIS BODY HAS PERISHED,
            « xxxxxxxxxI believe in this path, only if it's for youxxxxxxxxx »
                  Your justice will secure the future we were gazing at...

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

• If it had been his decision, Deyras would not have allowed the group to settle so comfortably in the city. They had an important task at hand. That task didn't allow for relaxing and having fun. It meant they should not stray from their serious, designated path. He was angry, to say the least, that such lax leadership had been tolerated without question from the others. Lazy, selfish bastards, the lot of them. How could they relish in comfort while suffering was at hand? From what he knew, many of them had disagreeable viewpoints and tension broiled among many of them. So why wouldn't they want all of this to end faster? A few seemed annoyed at the decision as well, but not to his surprise, they didn't reject the temptation of the plan.

Deyras said nothing, despite what he thought. Cadfael seemed irritated, but if he didn't push it then neither would Deyras. He had already noticed how tense he was; probably thinking about what they were supposed to be doing in order to avenge his family. He was tempted to do otherwise, but once again Deyras did not speak of it to Cadfael. There was no comfort he could offer to soothe what ailed him, that was something he could only help him acquire in the end. And that would involve the use of his blades, not the touch of his hand. He shadowed after Cadfael, eyes alert and dark as they went through the marketplace.

Eventually, Deyras found himself split into a team with Cadfael and two others from the group to participate in a maze event. He had no obligation to do this if it hadn't been for Cadfael. Had he been separated from him, it would have resulted in his abandoning the other team to search for him on his own. He could say he'd abandon the maze entirely, but if Cadfael was stuck inside, it wouldn't settle for him to leave him there. Still, the fear of being separated slowly left the back of his throat, where it had settled after the thought stained his mind.

They were inserted into the maze with the objective of finding the other half of their team, then finding the middle to fight the final battle. Immediately after they started, Deyras disappeared faster than a man his size could be expected to scout ahead. He would figure out the best way to earn his advantages in this tight space should the need arise, trigger any traps, and warn them of possible routes. However, this maze was not ordinary, and Deyras couldn't tell for sure what to expect. He would expect some kind of trickery, like the maze moving or magical barriers that separated the ways to go once you passed them. Unfortunately, those traps he could not trigger without passing them. And he was not eager to.

His first instinct was to climb the side of the maze. However, he could only go so high before he was stopped, and it wasn't high enough for him to glimpse the layout of the surrounding part of the maze. The height, however, was high enough that he could most likely go unnoticed if he stayed still or have a decent vantage point for ranged weapons with minimal interference from the rest of the group. After a few moments, the group came into sight and he dropped down (seemingly from the sky) to land next to Cadfael.

If this were an ordinary maze, he would mention that it could be solved by following the right wall of the maze the whole way through. The most unfortunate thing about this maze was that one group could go one way, which could also be the opposite way their group went. It'd make finding each other difficult and drawn out. "Follow the path that leads directly into the maze," he suggested to Cadfael in a low voice. Cadfael was bad with direction even when they weren't lost in a maze. But he wasn't about to call him out on it. He wasn't about to explain himself unless someone was too proud or idiotic to listen.

▇▇ o o c » ( I'm so sorry this is trash. )

Shirtless Fatcat

WHEN I REALIZED I LOVED YOU ↘ ↘
                                          tab tab tab tab ×➠ ___ALL I COULD FEEL WAS PAIN
                                          X███████ █ █████ █████████████████████ tab THAT WAS WHEN MY BREATHLESS LOVE BEGAN┊▍X███████████████████████

███████ █ █████ █████████████████████ tab XXYOUR SMILE IS VERY DEAR TO ME ┊▍X██████████████████████
                                          tab tab tab tab IS IT FINE TO BELIEVE IN THESE FEELINGS? ❜↙

• Ash frowned at the man’s reply. Well, he wasn’t supposed to confront her, now was he? She hadn’t done anything to him. Whatever happened to that phrase humans said, ‘don’t shoot the messenger’? Guess that didn’t apply in this situation. No matter what, Ash was not very prepared for a difficult fight. She wasn’t good with close range combat, even if she had years and years to perfect her training. And as far as she was concerned, this one was too close. If he were further, she could have stuck him with an arrow and gone by now to alert another. It was still her goal to try and paralyze him. She didn’t intend to harm him unless she had to.

She was stuck in place, trying to gauge where he was. He had already moved from his initial spot, which was guaranteed. He had the ground advantage. She was still too close in range to avoid any missile attacks. Ash didn’t know the full extent of his powers. She heard his voice and it gave her an idea of his location. Though his words were a warning. Ash scowled. How despicable. He was willing to harm innocent people just because of her? She had to do something quickly. Judging by where his voice was coming from, she decided she’d step the other way. She slowly took a step away. He was counting now. That made it easier to tell where he was. She kept moving to counter his rotation.

Once he was in the front, he seemed to stop. Ash tucked her wings closer to her body, making herself as small a target as possible. She crouched down against the roof and tried to find a spot where she could see him. If she could at least scratch him, it would be enough. She was remaining as quiet as possible. Unlike her opponent, she didn’t want him to know where she was. He could probably already see her or sense her. She didn’t have enough water to put out enough flames to save a building. But there was a fountain nearby. She could give it a basic blessing and direct it to the flames, if he set the building on fire. But would she be quick enough? She could risk her location and safety for the sake of these people, which she was more willing to do.

A diversion. It could possibly work. She slipped closer to the opposite edge of the rooftop. Whatever water hadn’t been evaporated by the flames was still hovering around her body. She stretched it into a large disc shape and froze it. The loss of energy was noticeable throughout her body. “If you were a person in this building, I don’t think you’d appreciate someone putting your life at risk,” she said finally. Her location didn’t matter now. “I’m sorry for your loss of humanity.” And with that, she leapt up and off the edge of the building. She launched the disc at him and flipped back, catching herself on the grate. She dropped down and landed lightly on the ground before turning and running quickly in the opposite direction.

It was a big risk to put herself on the ground, but if she could divert his attention from a single place, it could be worth it. She looked unthreatening and willing to get away. He would either want to prevent it or take advantage of her apparent weakness.

▇▇ l o c a t i o n ( rooftop ) ▇▇ c o m p a n y ( Ember, a witch )
                                                ▇▇ o o c ( Phone again. )

Shirtless Fatcat

tab tab `⊰x ON EARTH, AT WAR, WHATEVER THE SEASON
                                tab ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
                                tab tab tab tab I AM A MAN FULL OF AMBITIONS xxIN THE BEDROOM, THE LIVING ROOM
                                tab tab tab tab tab I MAKE LOVE AND REVOLUTIONS -- I ADVANCE, ADVANCE BACKWARDS!xxxxI AM THE KING, THE KING OF PRICKS tab tab tab tab
                                          tab tab tab tab BODY IN A CAGE AND HEART IN JAIL -- I AM THE DENIAL BORN FROM MAN
                                          tab tab tab tab tab tab A SENTENCE TO ME, MY OWN PUNISHMENT; I WALK AROUND, WALK AROUND
                                          tab tab tab tab tab tab A SENTENCE TO ME, MY OWN PUNISHMENT; I WALK AROUND, WALK AROUND
                                          tab tab tab tab tab tab LIKE A MISTAKE FROM NATURE, ON EARTH WITHOUT A PURPOSE
                                          tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab I AM A MAN AND I REALIZE THE ENTIRE HORROR OF MY NATURE

• "I don't see why you're so eager to spend time in everyone else's room," Kiyou complained, buttoning up his shirt. There was no one else in his room. He looked sternly at the one other living thing in the room with him. Mr. Whiskerface Fluffybutt, his cat. He was the only thing Kiyou expressly talked to. His antisocial demeanor with humans made sure of that. Mister only looked at him and started licking his fur. Kiyou sighed. "You're impossible," he said, rolling up his sleeves. "Alright, come on."

He turned and left his room. Mister hopped off the bed and trailed after him. At the moment, they were inside their home that resided behind the cafe he helped run. It was just the easiest set up. Kiyou didn't care, as long as he had his own space. He felt more comfortable around others like him, but he still wanted time to himself. A lot of time. He made sure the door was locked when he left and quietly made his way to the cafe. He came in through the back to avoid running into unnecessary interaction with strangers. Mister was still right with him, but when they got into the cafe, Kiyou picked him up and let him lay around his neck. It wasn't sanitary to let him run around, and Mister liked to be carried around. It spoiled him.

Kiyou heard a lot of commotion going on already and had to wince. It was too early for this. Couldn't it wait until later hours? He appeared from the back and leaned against the wall, frowning at the large group of students (he assumed) seated around Fynnian. His eyes moved over to a shattered window. The hell? "Don't even bother Mister, those sparkles will cut you to ribbons," he muttered. Mister started licking his neck, but Kiyou didn't show any sign of acknowledging it. He wasn't very affectionate with Mister in public. And even in private, all he really did was pet him or let him sleep on his pillow with him. Mister just did what he wanted to.

▇▇ l o c a t i o n ( Sweet Dew Cafe ) ▇▇ c o m p a n y ( Mr. Whiskerface Fluffybutt )
                                            ▇▇ o o c ( o vo )

Shirtless Fatcat

A tab CASUAL tab AFFAIR tab THAT tab COULD tab GO tab ANYWHERE
                                      xxxxxxx B U T spaceO N L Y spaceF O R spaceT O N I G H T, spaceA N Y spaceM O M E N T spaceA N Y space T I M E

AxxLOVERxxONxxTHExxLEFTxxANDxxAxxSINNERxxONxxTHE xxRIGHT

HUSH HUSH, DON'T SAY A WORD! BREAK UNVOLUNTARY TIES...!

xxxxxxx A spaceSECRETspaceSOspace THEspaceSPIESspaceCOULDspaceNEVERspaceFINDspace USspace OUT
                                                CAN tab YOU tab STAY tab WITH tab ME tab FOR tab AS tab LONG tab AS tab YOU tab HAVE tab TIME tab ?
                                      tab tab tab tab s o tab t h e tab m e s s tab w e ' l l tab l e a v e tab b e c o m e s tab s o m e t h i n g tab t o tab t a l k tab a b o u t tab !

x x IT'S JUST A CASUAL AFFAIR BUT I DID IT AGAIN !
                                      tab tab tab tab tab ▬▬▬▬ BE MY LOVER OR MY SINNER ONLY FOR A NIGHT

• Ayleth's interest varied greatly during the span of five(ish) minutes. The princesses were nothing new to her. Ayleth already knew much about each of them and their own kingdoms. They were closer to her than the Harrington kingdom was. Word traveled and reached her quickly and more accurately from there than here. This was one of the reasons why Ayleth was even here and not somewhere else. The Harrington Kingdom was an enigma. She knew very little about it. The rumors she heard about it seemed too ridiculous to be true. Investigating it stood in her interests. Not to mention, these princes were very handsome. They weren't the most attractive men Ayleth had ever seen, but they'd do. Most of them met several low standards Ayleth held for herself. Of course, the one that stood out was her own fiance.

She eyed the cane he carried distastefully, the bored expression on her face developing into something more...disgusted. Was he a cripple? He didn't appear sickly, but Ayleth didn't take his health as a positive sign. She saw it as a front. A lie. She didn't like it. Prince Elias made his way over to her. Curiously enough, he didn't seem to properly acknowledge her. And by that, she noticed that he wasn't directing his gaze to something on her. A quick glance down reassured her that it wasn't because things had fallen out of place or gone into hiding -- he simply wasn't looking at her. How dare he! Ayleth scoffed indignantly to herself.

"I won't bother," she told him curtly. "Because I prefer not to waste the energy. I don't care much for your act. Please, let's be a little more courteous and honest with me -- I'm aware that you couldn't possibly be any less interested in this affair than you already are." She crossed her arms and eyed the rest of the attendees in the room. They weren't paying any attention to them. They seemed to be getting along just fine with their perfectly normal fiances. Wasn't she lucky? She got the broken one! 'I only hope both our lives are blissfully short enough to enact upon the 'death do we part',' she thought despairingly to herself. 'God knows I won't act like I'm married no matter the circumstances.'

"I'll address a more interesting manner," she said to Elias, staring at him. For a moment she paused, frowning at the fact that he still wasn't even looking at her properly. "Two, actually," she corrected. "Firstly, I'd like for you to tell me what's wrong with you. Secondly, there are a few things you'll be able to grant me access to. If we can both find a mutual ground to stand on, I'd like for you to try and accommodate me. Consider it an exchange for leaving you alone or whatever you desire." She didn't know what he wanted. And she honestly didn't care. Whether or not he would actually consent to her terms, she'd manage to get what she wanted. It was Elias who was benefiting from this situation -- not her.

▇▇ l o c a t i o n ( throne room ) ▇▇ c o m p a n y ( dashing princes, "father" king, other princesses )
                                                  ▇▇ o o c ( so good to finally post )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff