Welcome to Gaia! ::

December Frost's Husbando

Shirtless Husband

User Image

Jonathan Bennett
Blood Type AB+

F O R * Y O U R * I N F O R M A T I O N

My name is Jonathan Wayne Bennett. Jon is acceptable, but I prefer Jonathan. I'm 18 years old and, as my name and appearance would indicate, male. My birthday is November 12th. I'm on the thin side of average for my height of 5'6'' - at least according to BMI. It happens to be my opinion that I'm about right for my build. I'm lanky and have been told that I have what are called piano hands. My hair is dark and my eyes are blue-violet. I do not wear contacts. That is my natural eye colour. I prefer clothes that are modest and comfortable. I try not to mix conflicting colours, but I haven't much interest in being stylish or flattering to my appearance. I prefer to spend most of my time indoors, so my skin is a bit on the pale side, but I don't mind it. I require glasses for reading, but as I really only read recipes, I only keep a pair in the kitchen. In fact, that usually where you'll find me, if I'm not sleeping or running errands. I like to cook, and I'm always trying new things I think my roommates might like. It's one way I try to make up for being the only one of us not really employed. They should be able to come home and relax and not have to worry about the little things, don't you think?

Shirtless Husband

User Image
                          W H E R E * I ' V E * B E E N

I was a very shy and clingy child. I was always close to my family, and never fit in well with the loud and boisterous children my own age. I was uncomfortable around all that noise and enthusiasm, and as a result, I clung harder to the familiar. My family humoured me, I suppose. I remember spending a lot of time with my mother, especially, who taught me a lot of the essentials of cooking that I use now. My brother could do no wrong, of course, and my father was indulgent to an extreme. I wasn't a very sociable child, but I was happy.

When my brother was old enough to leave the two of us alone for a day or two at a time, my parents started taking short research trips. The neighbors kept an eye on us, of course. Everyone around there watched out for each other. That was just the area. I was eleven yeras old the time they didn't come back. A two-day trip stretched into three, then five, then seven before the police came and everything went to hell. In the end, all they found of our parents was their abandoned car and the things in their hotel room, and we were shipped off to stay with relatives - my brother with an aunt, and I with a grandparent. We would be able to visit often. We weren't that far away.

I was lonely and unhappy a lot. I wasn't any more comfortable around people my age, and with everything around me unfamiliar, I only sank deeper into myself. I studied, and I did work around the house for my grandmother, who was getting a bit up in the years. I became self-relient and functional out of nessecity more than anything.

Time passed, as it does. I never really did make any close friends, as besides being shy I had a bit of a reputation for being strange. I had settled into a routine, and while I wasn't exactly happy, things were better than they had been when I'd first left home. I still saw brother fairly often, though the phsyical distance between us had caused the closeness we'd once known to lessen. I missed him. I missed the past. There was nothing to be done for it.

I was seventeen when things changed again. It was my junior year, and I'd stayed late at school to (unwillingly) tutor another student. It started to rain halfway home, and I knew you weren't supposed to walk around outside when it was storming that hard, but I had no other way to get back to the house. One moment I was running through the pouring rain, the next. . . the most intense pain I've ever felt. It felt like being on fire, and yet so much worse. Things were fragmented after that. I remember the ambulance lights, snips of voices and words. I remember waking up in the hospital, dazed. Later, they figured out I'd been hit by lightning. They told me it must have been a ground strike. After all, I survived.

Everything had changed. I couldn't think or move the same. I had to re-learn how to function, and it was a long road to recovery. And there were other, unexpected side effects.

They put me in a joint room as first. It was common procedure at such a overcrowded hospital. The lady I shared my room with was real nice. Patient. Told me about her kids, and this cat she had that was always doing strange things. I liked her a lot, right up to the point when they came and wheeled her body off to the morgue. Don't ask me when she died. I don't know. All I knew is she was still talking to me, and being my first experience like that, I reacted pretty poorly to it. I ended up being given sedatives. I supposed they assumed that witnessing another's death freaked me out, as no one ever asked, and after that I had a room to myself.

I don't know how long I slept then, but when I woke up my brother was there, holding my hand and nothing that shouldn't have been there was. It didn't last. My brother left, and this time it was someone who'd had a heart attack. He seemed nice, too, but again, it was a little too much excitement for me. Over the next few days, I had similar experiences, though never when my brother was there. I got used to these new abilities of mine, and eventually I realized that these episodes never occured when my brother was around. I confided in him. I don't think he believed me at first - who would? But I knew things I shouldn't and they were easily verifiable - and he soon came around. In time, he admitted what I had come to suspect: that he had some power himself. In his case, he could nullify the gifts of others, including his girlfriend, who I had met once or twice and apparently had unusual abilities herself.

It was a lot to take in. I had plenty of time to consider it as I recovered to as close to the full use of my senses as I would ever have again. I dropped out of school - I might as well have. I would have had to repeat a year, and I didn't intend to stick around. I moved up to live with my brother and his girlfriend in their apartment. Soon after, we moved to a bigger place, and shortly after that we aquired another roommate - the vampire Micah.

I still lurch a little when I walk. Sometimes I get the shakes, or I have trouble gripping things. My sense of balance is pretty much shot. I'm really self-conscious about it. Other times I feel absolutely useless, though I try my best. And despite all this, I'm still the happiest I've been in a long time.. Life isn't perfect, but I'm comfortable here, and I can see my brother any time I like. I like Mallory and Micah a lot as well. Who's that lucky, to have all roommates they like?

I don't know where I'm going next, but for now, I'm content to take it a day at a time.

Shirtless Husband

User Image
                          W H O * I * A M

Shy
                                    I've always been uncomforable with meeting new people. I don't think I have much in common with most people my age.

Gentle
                                    Just as I'm soft-spoken, I'm equally careful in my actions. I can be hesitant and unsure, but never am I intentionally cruel.

Wound/Controlled
                                    Feelings and thoughts tend to build up in me and wind me up if I don't find some way to let it out. Generally, my sense of control is enough that it doesn't show, and simply talking to someone (usually my brother) is enough to keep me from getting too wound up.

Fragile
                                    My body doesn't really work like it used to, and I wasn't exactly the strongest child to begin with. I tend to catch everything that goes around, I take a lot of naps, and I'm easily frustrated by my limitations.

Self-conscious
                                    I'm extremely self-conscious about the way I move, my limitations in general. Unless I'm around only people I'm comfortable with, I'm always aware of people watching me.

Observant
                                    I'm not the smartest guy around. I didn't even finish high school, and I'm don't understand equations or ideas that are too complex. But I notice things. If there's something you prefer, believe, or habitually do, chances are, I'm aware of it.

W H A T * I * L I K E

Cooking
                                    I love to cook. It was something I did with my mother when I was little, and it's something I've loved to do since. If you'd like to see a particular recipe repeated, you better say so, though, as I tend to make new things as often as possible.

Camaraderie
                                    I really like the times when we're all together, just talking or having fun.

Evening/Night
                                    I like the world when it's cool and dark better than when it's hot and bright. I couldn't say exactly why. It's just a preference.

Spring/Autumn
                                    Despite the abundance of storms in spring, I really love the other aspects of the season. Everything is pretty as it comes to life. It makes me actually want to spend time outsite. Autumn is equally pretty, though it's on the opposite end of the scale.

W H A T * I * L O A T H E

Insufficent
                                    I hate feeling like I'm useless or a burden. I would really like to be able to contribute suffiently somehow.

Winter
                                    It's a cold and wet season. I really hate it.

Alone
                                    I don't like being in the house alone. It makes me extremely anxious and uncomfortable. I'd come along with someone to somewhere I rather wouldn't be to avoid this.

Losing Control
                                    Every once and a while I get overwhelmed or wound up and everything I'm feeling spills all over the place. I hate these moments, and I hate the way my body sometimes doesn't respond how I want it to.

W H A T * I * F E A R

Storms
                                    I know that lightning rarely strikes twice, but storms still make me extremely anxious. I tend to go crawl in bed with my brother when it's storming, and I never venture out into one anymore, no matter whether it's a crashing, wild thing or a gentle rainfall.

Losing Brother
                                    I would be unhappy to see any of my room mates hurt, but I don't know what I'd do without Nathan. He's done so much for me. . . I depend on him so completely. . . It's just, he's the only close family I really have, you know?

Shirtless Husband

User Image
                          S K I L L S

Cooking
                                    I really love to cook. I have since I was a child. This is a skill I practice daily, as I make most of the meals here. There are days I can't really handle knives, but there's usually someone around to help, when that's the case.

Knitting
                                    Knitting was something I picked up during my rehabilitation. It was supposed to help me with my dexterity or something, but I genuinely like this useful skill. Mostly, I just make simple things like scarves, but it's still fun.

A B I L I T I E S

Sensing Death
                                    I can sense death. This means I can sense when someone is dying or marked to die soon. This also means I can sense the undead - vampires, reanimated corpses, etc. The list goes on an on. This ability explains why I knew Micah was undead as soon as I met him. As you can see in Micah's case, I don't really judge people by it. Sometimes one's circumstances is simply due to luck.

Communicating with the Dead
                                    Simply put, I can see and communicate with spirits, ghosts, and other such beings that most people don't even realize exist. I have found work in the past through this ability, as it can be very useful without being dangerous to others.

Controlling the Dead
                                    Essentially, I can force a malicious ghost to move on, or a spirit to abandon an area, or even command either to do a task for me. Very useful for information gathering. I don't really know if this ability would work on the undead. I've only ever used it on the incorporal, and there's not exactly any undead around I'd be willing to try to force to do something for me. It just doesn't feel right.

Shirtless Husband

M Y * C O M P A N I O N S

User Image

Nathan
                        Nate is the most important person to me. It's that simple. He is my family. I love him, and if anything ever happened to him. . . I don't know what I would do. He's the one person I feel safe with, no matter what. I can't imagine a world without him there, cheering me up and helping me even when I'm too embarrassed to ask for it. Any time something has gone wrong, he's come for me. He's been there for me through everything, and he never seems to resent the burden I've become. I just wish I could repay him somehow for everything he's been and done for me.

User Image

Mallory
                        I like Mal well enough. We don't spend a lot of time together or have much in common. She's not the first person I'd go to for help if I needed it, either, but I wouldn't feel uncomfortable asking for it if she was the only one around. She seems to make Nate happy, in any case. That's what matters, right?

User Image

Micah
                        I'm sure you know by now that I knew Micah was undead the moment I first met him. But why should that bother me? I know Mallory doesn't like him, but I've never been uncomfortable around him, beyond the initial shyness, even when. . . well, you know. Nate seems to feel the same, so I see no reason to start. He's always been nice to me, and helpful when I've asked. I have no reason to distrust him. Is he happy, though? I don't know. When I think about it, there's a lot we don't know about Micah, but it's not like we sat down and told him our stories, either. I would like to get to know him better.

User Image

Jezzie
                        I like Jezzie. She can say some strange things, but we seem to have some interests in common, and she's very friendly. I like her kitty, too. He's kind of standoffish, but if you scratch his ears and tell him how great he is, he warms up pretty quickly. It's funny.

User Image

Yvette
                        I don't know her very well. I know she used to come by the apartment and study with Nate, I know, though at the time I wasn't up and about as much. She seems really nice. When I meet Nate at the hospital at the end of his shift, she sometimes sits and talks to me until he gets there. I guess they're good friends? Obviously they're not something more. Nate's pretty dedicated to Mal. But she is pretty, isn't she?

Shirtless Husband

User Image

The English word ghost continues Old English gást, from a hypothetical Common Germanic *gaistaz. It is common to West Germanic, but lacking in North and East Germanic (the equivalent word in Gothic is ahma, Old Norse has andi m., önd f.). The pre-Germanic form was *ghoisdo-s, apparently from a root denoting "fury, anger" reflected in Old Norse geisa "to rage." The Germanic word is recorded as masculine only, but likely continues a neuter s-stem. The original meaning of the Germanic word would thus have been an animating principle of the mind, in particular capable of excitation and fury (compare óðr). In Germanic paganism, "Germanic Mercury," and the later Odin, was at the same time the conductor of the dead and the "lord of fury" leading the Wild Hunt.

Besides denoting the human spirit or soul, both of the living and the deceased, the Old English word is used as a synonym of Latin spiritus also in the meaning of "breath, blast" from the earliest (9th century) attestations. It could also denote any good or evil spirit, i.e. angels and demons; the Anglo-Saxon gospel refers to the demonic possession of Matthew 12:43 as se unclæna gast. Also from the Old English period, the word could denote the spirit of God, viz. the "Holy Ghost." The now prevailing sense of "the soul of a deceased person, spoken of as appearing in a visible form" only emerges in Middle English (14th century). The modern noun does, however, retain a wider field of application, extending on one hand to soul, spirit," vital principle, mind or psyche, the seat of feeling, thought and moral judgement; on the other hand used figuratively of any shadowy outline, fuzzy or unsubstantial image, in optics, photography and cinematography especially a flare, secondary image or spurious signal.

The synonym spook is a Dutch loanword, akin to Low German spôk (of uncertain etymology); it entered the English language via the United States in the 19th century. Alternative words in modern usage include spectre (from Latin spectrum), the Scottish wraith (of obscure origin), phantom (via French ultimately from Greek phantasma, compare fantasy) and apparition. The term shade in classical mythology translates Greek σκιά, or Latin umbra, in reference to the notion of spirits in the Greek underworld. "Haint" is a synonym for ghost used in regional English of the southern United States, and the "haint tale" is a common feature of southern oral and literary tradition. The term poltergeist is a German word, literally a "noisy ghost," for a spirit said to manifest itself by invisibly moving and influencing objects.

Wraith is a Scottish dialectal word for "ghost, spectre, apparition." It came to be used in Scottish Romanticist literature, and acquired the more general or figurative sense of "portent, omen." In 18th- to 19th-century Scottish literature, it was also applied to aquatic spirits. The word has no commonly accepted etymology; OED notes "of obscure origin" only. An association with the verb writhe was the etymology favored by J. R. R. Tolkien. Tolkien's use of the word in the naming of the creatures known as the Ringwraiths has influenced later usage in fantasy literature. Bogie is an Ulster Scots term for a ghost, and appears in Scottish poet John Mayne's Hallowe'en in 1780.

A revenant is a deceased person returning from the dead to haunt the living, either as a disembodied ghost or alternatively as an animated ( "undead" ) corpse. Also related is the concept of a fetch, the visible ghost or spirit of a person yet alive.

A notion of the transcendent, supernatural or numinous, usually involving entities like ghosts, demons or deities, is a cultural universal. In pre-literate folk religions, these beliefs are often summarized under animism and ancestor worship.

In many cultures malignant, restless ghosts are distinguished from the more benign spirits involved in ancestor worship.

Ancestor worship typically involves rites intended to prevent revenants, vengeful spirits of the dead, imagined as starving and envious of the living. Strategies for preventing revenants may either include sacrifice, i.e., giving the dead food and drink to pacify them, or magical banishment of the deceased to force them not to return. Ritual feeding of the dead is performed in traditions like the Chinese Ghost Festival or the Western All Souls' Day. Magical banishment of the dead is present in many of the world's burial customs. The bodies found in many tumuli (kurgan) had been ritually bound before burial,[19] and the custom of binding the dead persists, for example, in rural Anatolia.[20]

Nineteenth-century anthropologist James Frazer stated in his classic work, The Golden Bough, that souls were seen as the creature within that animated the body.

Although the human soul was sometimes symbolically or literally depicted in ancient cultures as a bird or other animal, it was widely held that the soul was an exact reproduction of the body in every feature, even down to clothing the person wore. This is depicted in artwork from various ancient cultures, including such works as the Egyptian Book of the Dead, which shows deceased people in the afterlife appearing much as they did before death, including the style of dress.

Another widespread belief concerning ghosts is that they are composed of a misty, airy, or subtle material. Anthropologists link this idea to early beliefs that ghosts were the person within the person (the person's spirit), most noticeable in ancient cultures as a person's breath, which upon exhaling in colder climates appears visibly as a white mist. This belief may have also fostered the metaphorical meaning of "breath" in certain languages, such as the Latin spiritus and the Greek pneuma, which by analogy became extended to mean the soul. In the Bible, God is depicted as animating Adam with a breath.

In many traditional accounts, ghosts were often thought to be deceased people looking for vengeance, or imprisoned on earth for bad things they did during life. The appearance of a ghost has often been regarded as an omen or portent of death. Seeing one's own ghostly double or "fetch" is a related omen of death.

White ladies were reported to appear in many rural areas, and supposed to have died tragically or suffered trauma in life. White Lady legends are found around the world. Common to many of them is the theme of losing or being betrayed by a husband or fiancé. They are often associated with an individual family line, as a harbinger of death. When one of these ghosts is seen it indicates that someone in the family is going to die, similar to a banshee.

Legends of ghost ships have existed since the 18th century; most notable of these is the Flying Dutchman. This theme has been used in literature in The Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Coleridge.

Many cultures believe that ghosts or spirits can not cross salt. The reason for this is because salt is a "pure" substance, while ghost are not. The television show "Supernatural" acknowledges this myth, as the two main protagonist are commonly seen using salt to protect themselves from spirits.

User Image

Shirtless Husband

User Image

xxJonathanxx

The English word ghost continues Old English gást, from a hypothetical Common Germanic *gaistaz. It is common to West Germanic, but lacking in North and East Germanic (the equivalent word in Gothic is ahma, Old Norse has andi m., önd f.). The pre-Germanic form was *ghoisdo-s, apparently from a root denoting "fury, anger" reflected in Old Norse geisa "to rage." The Germanic word is recorded as masculine only, but likely continues a neuter s-stem. The original meaning of the Germanic word would thus have been an animating principle of the mind, in particular capable of excitation and fury (compare óðr). In Germanic paganism, "Germanic Mercury," and the later Odin, was at the same time the conductor of the dead and the "lord of fury" leading the Wild Hunt.

Besides denoting the human spirit or soul, both of the living and the deceased, the Old English word is used as a synonym of Latin spiritus also in the meaning of "breath, blast" from the earliest (9th century) attestations. It could also denote any good or evil spirit, i.e. angels and demons; the Anglo-Saxon gospel refers to the demonic possession of Matthew 12:43 as se unclæna gast. Also from the Old English period, the word could denote the spirit of God, viz. the "Holy Ghost." The now prevailing sense of "the soul of a deceased person, spoken of as appearing in a visible form" only emerges in Middle English (14th century). The modern noun does, however, retain a wider field of application, extending on one hand to soul, spirit," vital principle, mind or psyche, the seat of feeling, thought and moral judgement; on the other hand used figuratively of any shadowy outline, fuzzy or unsubstantial image, in optics, photography and cinematography especially a flare, secondary image or spurious signal.

The synonym spook is a Dutch loanword, akin to Low German spôk (of uncertain etymology); it entered the English language via the United States in the 19th century. Alternative words in modern usage include spectre (from Latin spectrum), the Scottish wraith (of obscure origin), phantom (via French ultimately from Greek phantasma, compare fantasy) and apparition. The term shade in classical mythology translates Greek σκιά, or Latin umbra, in reference to the notion of spirits in the Greek underworld. "Haint" is a synonym for ghost used in regional English of the southern United States, and the "haint tale" is a common feature of southern oral and literary tradition. The term poltergeist is a German word, literally a "noisy ghost," for a spirit said to manifest itself by invisibly moving and influencing objects.

Wraith is a Scottish dialectal word for "ghost, spectre, apparition." It came to be used in Scottish Romanticist literature, and acquired the more general or figurative sense of "portent, omen." In 18th- to 19th-century Scottish literature, it was also applied to aquatic spirits. The word has no commonly accepted etymology; OED notes "of obscure origin" only. An association with the verb writhe was the etymology favored by J. R. R. Tolkien. Tolkien's use of the word in the naming of the creatures known as the Ringwraiths has influenced later usage in fantasy literature. Bogie is an Ulster Scots term for a ghost, and appears in Scottish poet John Mayne's Hallowe'en in 1780.

A revenant is a deceased person returning from the dead to haunt the living, either as a disembodied ghost or alternatively as an animated ( "undead" ) corpse. Also related is the concept of a fetch, the visible ghost or spirit of a person yet alive.

A notion of the transcendent, supernatural or numinous, usually involving entities like ghosts, demons or deities, is a cultural universal. In pre-literate folk religions, these beliefs are often summarized under animism and ancestor worship.

In many cultures malignant, restless ghosts are distinguished from the more benign spirits involved in ancestor worship.

Ancestor worship typically involves rites intended to prevent revenants, vengeful spirits of the dead, imagined as starving and envious of the living. Strategies for preventing revenants may either include sacrifice, i.e., giving the dead food and drink to pacify them, or magical banishment of the deceased to force them not to return. Ritual feeding of the dead is performed in traditions like the Chinese Ghost Festival or the Western All Souls' Day. Magical banishment of the dead is present in many of the world's burial customs. The bodies found in many tumuli (kurgan) had been ritually bound before burial,[19] and the custom of binding the dead persists, for example, in rural Anatolia.[20]

Nineteenth-century anthropologist James Frazer stated in his classic work, The Golden Bough, that souls were seen as the creature within that animated the body.

Although the human soul was sometimes symbolically or literally depicted in ancient cultures as a bird or other animal, it was widely held that the soul was an exact reproduction of the body in every feature, even down to clothing the person wore. This is depicted in artwork from various ancient cultures, including such works as the Egyptian Book of the Dead, which shows deceased people in the afterlife appearing much as they did before death, including the style of dress.

Another widespread belief concerning ghosts is that they are composed of a misty, airy, or subtle material. Anthropologists link this idea to early beliefs that ghosts were the person within the person (the person's spirit), most noticeable in ancient cultures as a person's breath, which upon exhaling in colder climates appears visibly as a white mist. This belief may have also fostered the metaphorical meaning of "breath" in certain languages, such as the Latin spiritus and the Greek pneuma, which by analogy became extended to mean the soul. In the Bible, God is depicted as animating Adam with a breath.

In many traditional accounts, ghosts were often thought to be deceased people looking for vengeance, or imprisoned on earth for bad things they did during life. The appearance of a ghost has often been regarded as an omen or portent of death. Seeing one's own ghostly double or "fetch" is a related omen of death.

White ladies were reported to appear in many rural areas, and supposed to have died tragically or suffered trauma in life. White Lady legends are found around the world. Common to many of them is the theme of losing or being betrayed by a husband or fiancé. They are often associated with an individual family line, as a harbinger of death. When one of these ghosts is seen it indicates that someone in the family is going to die, similar to a banshee.

Legends of ghost ships have existed since the 18th century; most notable of these is the Flying Dutchman. This theme has been used in literature in The Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Coleridge.

Many cultures believe that ghosts or spirits can not cross salt. The reason for this is because salt is a "pure" substance, while ghost are not. The television show "Supernatural" acknowledges this myth, as the two main protagonist are commonly seen using salt to protect themselves from spirits.

xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx
We will carry on hand in hand.
We won't forget we have each other - never!
Love is in the hearts of all men.
You're not alone.

Shirtless Husband

User Image

נσηαтнαη вєηηєтт

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I do not love the brightest sword for its sharpness,
nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory.
I love only that which they defend.

Shirtless Husband

User Image

xxxJ o n a t h a nxxx

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces