xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJEZZIE DARLING

Name: Jezzie Fiona Darling
                                    Birthdate: October 30
                                    Race: Witch
                                    Blood Type: B-

Luxury Starshine's Princess

Precious Blob

xxTIRED of HIDINGxxxx

To put it in it's bluntest terms, I am a Witch. That's right. A broom-flying, cauldron-bubbling, potion-making, cat-toting witch. What, did you think we were all wiped out in the witch hunts? Hehe, that's a common misconception, not that we usually try to correct it. You see, ever since then we've been pretty wary about revealing our presence. None of us want that particular history to repeat itself. The majority of witches live in neighbourhoods solely occupied by our race. How is this possible? Well, would you move into a neighbourhood full of creepy neighbours? Probably not. Whereas most witches can recognize each other by our mannerisms and certain hints in the things we say. So witches usually stick with witches. It's just simpler that way.

Witches are, of course, creatures of magic. Or rather, wielders of magic, since we're not forged of magic itself. Though our appearance and genetic makeup is so similar to humans that the difference is almost undetectable, the difference is there. We can reproduce with humans, yes, but it is unlikely that humans will bear a witchling out of the blue. If this appears to happen, there is likely someone further back on the family tree who was a witch, and that gene was dormant until the little witchling baby came along. Children in this situation tend to be in a tight spot, since this world doesn't believe in magic.

What do witches do? A variety of things. We make potions, deal in herbal medicines, do fortune tellings, sell love potions, enchanted items, varioius charms or curses, or engage in regular human occupations. It really depends on the witch. There are some who delve deep into Black Magic, but we won't get into that.

xxwe ARE the SAMExxxx

As a Witch, there are certain things I can do. Here are a few.

P O T I O N S Though I'm nowhere near expert, I do know some potion recipes off by heart. One of my favourites causes a nasty case of boils, which takes several months to wear off. I reserve it for people that I really don't like. I can also make minor healing remedies, though they're only slightly more effective than things like cough medicine and such. Yes, they are magicked, but I'm still learning. For most potions I still have to refer to books and follow recipes. Sometimes I get it wrong. I'll keep practicing, though.

F L I G H T As with most Witches, I possess the ability to fly. There are certain restrictions to this. For one, it must be on a broomstick. One made of natural materials, such as wood and straw. No plastic or synthetic materials. Next, it must be specifically charmed to fly. Nope, I can't just pick up any old broom and take off. Next, it has to be activated by magic. A non-Witch would not be able to pick up a Witch's broomstick and fly off. How long the Witch can remain in flight depends on a few factors, such as skill level, strength of magic, weather conditions, conflicting magic, energy level, etc. It's still fairly simple to do, though.

F A M I L I A R Not all Witches have them, but most do. Familiars are important because they enhance magic and make cast spells last longer. It can't just be a regular animal, though. It has to be an animal with magic properties. Technically, any animal has the possibility of being born this way, but it's very rare and almost unheard of for many species. The most common types are toads, owls, rats, and cats, with black being the most predominant colour. Mine happens to be a black cat named The Emperor, though sometimes I shorten it to Em or Empe. Why did I name him that? Because, and don't tell him I said this, he's kind of a snob. Shhh, he'll get mad if he finds out I said that. He takes himself very seriously. No joke.

C H A R M S I'm still in training. I can do some important charms, though, such as charms to ward off demons, charms to help plants grow, things like that. My goal is to become a Charmcaster, so I really have to work on this.

C U R S E S Unfortunately, you can't grow up as a Witch without picking up a wide variety of curses. It's because people in general are vengeful creatures, and if they have a way to get back at someone, they're certainly going to use it. Most of these I learned from classmates at school, though most of them I haven't tried. I intend to keep it that way, but I can still have my buttons pushed to the point where I'll use them. For your sakes, I'll do my best to restrain myself. Unfortunately, the Emperor loves curses, so he's not likely to talk me out of it if I decide to curse someone.

xxLIVES move ALONGxxxx

I was born and grew up in a Witch community, as the fourth of six children. Let me tell you, growing up around all Witches is an interesting experience. If there's no regular humans to witness the magic, then they tend not to be careful. I grew up accustomed to seeing things that would cause most people's jaws to hit the floor, or possibly make them faint from shock. I grew up unaware of the fact that magic is not the norm. Other than that, we were a pretty regular family, though large. What can I say? My parents like kids.

Our community had its own school, though a small one. Since we didn't have to cater to non-Witch students, a lot of charms, potions, and spells were taught at school. Though they tried to teach me fortune telling, I never had any skill at it. Not once have I ever had an accurate reading. That disappointed me a little bit, since one of my older sisters was a very successful fortune teller, but I eventually got over it, as most children get over great disappointments.

I got the Emperor when I was about seven years old. Most Witch children receive their familiars from their parents, who find them for them. This was not the case with me. Empe found me on his own, surprisingly enough. I was playing in our backyard with my two younger brothers. I don't remember what game we were playing. It's entirely possible that we were making it up. Anyway, I was concentrating on scribbling something in the dirt with a stick when my youngest brother Claude suddenly shrieked. I looked up in surprise to see a kitten on his back, digging its claws rather harshly into his back. Startled, I froze. The cat was staring right at me, its unblinking amber eyes seeming to stare right into me. Then, the cat slowly loosened its grip on my brother, lightly hopped down, and trotted over to me.

Empe really carries himself like royalty, as though he's the highest being in the universe. It left me awestruck back then, as this little fluffy kitten circled around me, like a buying checking out the merchandise. When he came to a stop, I did the first thing I could think of. I introduced myself. Then I introduced my brothers. I didn't even know why, I just did. Then I picked the cat up and showed him to my parents. At first, I don't think they realized that he was a familiar, because they made me put him back outside and ordered us to wash up for dinner, and we did as we were told.

The next day, he followed me to school. He spent the day sitting on the classroom windowsill, watching me as I sat at my desk. Then he followed me home. For four days it went on like this, before my parents decided to give him a closer look. When they realized that he was a familiar, they tried to give him to one of my older sisters, who didn't have a familiar yet. But he wouldn't stay with her. He would always come back to me. I don't know why, since her magic is stronger than mine, but he chose me. We've been inseperable since then. He seems pleased with his choice, so I don't question it too much.

Life progressed fairly uneventfully. I got my first boyfriend when I was fifteen, but he dumped me two months later for a blonde girl with dimples. I grieved, and I got over it. The Emperor seemed pleased, though. He's not the type who likes to share, and having my attention occupied by a non-family member was really grating on his nerves.

Eventually, I graduated. I was in a panic because I didn't know what I wanted to do with myself. I knew I wanted to be a Charmcaster, but how could I reach that goal? In the end, my father decided to send me to my oldest sibling, a brother that's eleven years older than me. Since he'd moved out when I was six and rarely came back to visit, I barely even knew him and was extremely nervous when he came to pick me up. To make matters worse, he was in the middle of moving, so I wouldn't even be going to a settled-in house. Even so, I put my brave face on. He seems nice so far, and the neighbours seem to be pretty interesting. But he lives in a human neighbourhood, and I'm scared I'll screw up. Stories about being burned at the stake are still told to Witch children, you know.

Precious Blob

xxspilling INTO wordsxxxx

N A I I V E Okay, so growing up in a community of only Witches left me ill-prepared for the human world. So what? It's not that big a deal. I mean, how badly could I screw up? Even if I have no idea what the heck most of this stuff is, let alone what it's used for...

G U L L I B L E I'm not used to being lied to, so I tend to take things at face-value. I'm going to believe what you tell me, mostly because I don't know any better. If nobody contradicts what you tell me, I'll take it as truth.

C O M P E T I T I V E To be honest, I like to be the best. I hate to lose. And I like the thrill of competition. I try the very best that I can, and I'd hate for you to go easy on me. If I'm trying my best, so should you.

C H E E R F U L Mine is a happy nature. I'm easily-pleased, and I don't see much to be down about. Of couse, I can get sad and depressed just like anybody can. But overall, I tend to be bright and happy the majority of the time.

C L I N G Y Ah, well, I'm a bit of a tag-a-long. Even without being invited, I tend to follow people around. So what? I'm used to being part of a herd of siblings. It doesn't usually occur to me that people won't like it. But I'm actually not really a touchy-feely person. I'll just tail you everywhere and likely creep you out.

V E N G E F U L Yeah... the whole "let bygones-be-bygones" thing? Yeah, that doesn't fly with me. You mess with me? I give as good as I get. And I have a potion that causes boils for pity's sake! Yeah, don't cross me.

H O T T E M P E R E D My temper's pretty quick to fire up. I try to keep it in line, really I do. Just, in the heat of the moment, I tend to... forget. And I don't say very nice things to people when I'm angry, and I can take it out on people that I'm not even angry at. I'll feel horrible for it afterward, and chances are I'll make you a present as an apology. But that doesn't make it okay, and I know it.

S W E E T I like to do things for people. Whether it's a favour, or making something, or just hanging around to talk. I like to be nice. I like to be friendly. for the most part, I try to be on my best behaviour at all times, though it's not something that I have to try hard to do.

xxMORE alive THAN silencexxxx

H A N D I C R A F T S I like to make things. Needlework it one of my favourite things to do. Knitting, crocheting, sewing, and embroidery are lots of fun when you get the hang of them. I also like to make things like picture frames and dreamcatchers. Beading is fun, too. I once made a set of beaded wire spiders for a friend of mine, and a beaded dragonfly hairpin for another friend. It's really, really fun. You should try it sometime!

A N I M A L S The Emperor will always be my favourite, of course, but I really love all sorts of animals. Fluffly ones are soft and cute, and reptiles and amphibians are wicked cool. Birds are beautiful. I just like them.

W A T E R Wet, cool, shiny, beautiful, and crucial. I love water, and although I can't swim, I love to be in it. I love the way it feels on my skin. Rain is my favourite type of weather. I've been known to dance in it. A torrential downpour is the greatest thing ever! But I also like most other types of strong weather too. Nature is a powerful thing, you know.

S I N G I N G My voice isn't going to win me any awards, but I enjoy singing. I particularly like hymns, which may sound odd coming from a Witch. Hey, we're not the devil-worshipping monsters we're made out to be! We can have religions too! ...Sorta. But back on topic, there are days when I sing to myself almost constantly.

A C C E S S O R I E S Scarves, bracelets, necklaces, hairpins, belts, earrings; It doesn't matter to me if they match. I just pile them on and troop around with them. I often wear multiple metallic bracelets on one wrist, purely because I like the way they clink together when I move my arms.

xxsubtle AVERTED eyesxxxx

S U N N Y It's just too bright! And clear weather is just so boring. There's nothing interesting about it. I prefer storms. Now that's fun weather. It must be the Witch in me. We're all troublemakers at heart.

H U N G E R I hate to be hungry. Absolutely hate it. I can usually be found snacking on something. Heaven help you if you get in the way of my meals. Apparently we Witches eat a lot. I'm no exception.

Y E L L O W It's horrid colour, and one that you'll never find me choosing, unless I'm making something for someone who likes the colour. And even then, it would have to be the only colour they really like. I just can't stand the sight of it. It's really good for attracting bees for potions, though...

C A M E R A S Micah says they steal your soul. Not that Micah's a reliable source of information, but still. It could be true. It probably isn't. But it might be. WHICH IS IT?!

C O O K I N G I'm terrible at it. I've been banned from the kitchen ever since I burned our first house down. That rule may not carry over to my brother's house, but I'm not taking any chances. Mama would get so mad if I burned his house down. Or fed him anything deadly.

xxAS the CHORD diesxxxx

B U S H M O N S T E R S Trust Micah to make me scared of something that I'm not even entirely sure exists. Now I'm too scared to walk around forested areas by myself, and my brother refuses to humour me. What should I do?

H I S T O R Y Ever heard of the Salem Witch Hunts? Yeah, we don't want a repeat. That... would be so scary.

G A R B O R A T O R My brother's house has one, and it's the first time I've ever seen one. The sound it makes when it pulverizes whatever's washed down there! What if I ever got my hand stuck in there? I'd be an amputee! I refuse to even be in the kitchen while that thing is running.

Precious Blob

xxJONATHAN BENNETTxxxx

Whenever I see him, I get the urge to make something. I swear, I have a whole closet full of scarves, sweaters, mittens, hats, bird houses, stuffed animals, and such that I've made for him but haven't given to him. Normally I would, but he's always with Micah. And Micah's weird. I'll have to get them to him somehow. Maybe, if he ever leaves his bedroom window open, I can chuck them in there. ...But that'd be creepy. And I don't even know which window is his. ...I'll have to plot. I COULD START A SMUGGLING RING! ...But my mama would kill me...

xxNATHAN BENNETTxxxx

He's Jonathan's brother, and he seems nice enough. Oh, I know! HE COULD BE PART OF MY SMUGGLING RING! When I start it up, anyways. And only if he promises not to tell my brother, who would tell my mother. ...Why am I taking this smuggling idea so seriously?! I make stuff for him, too, but it's easier to give it to him. For one thing, Micah's not attached to him like a burr. For another, he actually leaves the house, which Jonathan never seems to do. Which means he'd be the ideal smuggling partner! ...Okay, I'll shut up now.

xxMALLORY TRIMBLExxxx

Ahhh, she's so pretty! She's engaged to Nathan or something, though. Or maybe they're married? But I don't think either of them were wearing rings. They strike me as a married couple, though. Anyway, Mallory's pretty badass. And she won't put up with Micah's shenanigans, which earns her bonus points. I like her a lot. But I have a feeling she won't put up with any of my shenanigans, either. ...Well, it's fine as long as she doesn't find out. I'd hate to have Mallory mad at me.

xxMICAH CAMERONxxxx

I wish that boil potion had worked. He deserved it. YOU HEAR THAT, MICAH? I'M WISHING BOILS UPON YOU!

Precious Blob

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJEZZIE DARLING

xxDO you BELIEVE in MAGIC? xxxx

text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text

text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text

text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text

Precious Blob

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJEZZIE DARLING

xxi HAVE a PROPHECYxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTHREATENING to SPILL into WORDSxxxx

Inside the bookstore was cool, and the crisp, papery smell of new books permeated throughout the entire room. Jezzie breathed deeply, for while she was not overly fond of books, she loved the smell of them. Then she surveyed the store, wondering where she would find books on vampires. Myths? Fantasy? The supernatural? Probably in any one of them. Which section she looked in would affect the type of information she found, she knew. This was something she had learned in previous visits to libraries and bookstores, researching the humans' take on witches, which was both accurate, inaccurate, insulting, and very amusing, all mixed together. Humans thought funny things.

Decided she would quickly run through all of the sections and see which ones she got through, she started forward, weaving neatly through the shelves. It wasn't a large store, so it was amazing that they had managed to cram this many bookshelves inside. She found the supernatural section and meandered slowly along, trailing her finger along the spines until one popped out at her. Sliding it out, she flipped through it. Nope, not what she was looking for. She wasn't out to kill Micah, after all. So no, vampire hunting wasn't for her. Returning it to the shelf, she browsed a bit more before finding one that looked interesting. Then she moved into the other sections.

A few minutes later, she had three books on vampires, as well as one on Grimm fairytales and another on quilting. There went all her birthday money. The clerk put the books in a paper bag, and Jezzie smiled and thanked her, holding the books to her chest.

The door of the store opened, and Jezzie turned to see that the boys were here, either to fetch her or to browse themselves. She wasn't sure how fond either of them were of books, though, so she assumed it was the first option.

"Hi guys! Did you find one?" she asked, trotting over and catching sight of the cross on Jonathan's chest. "Oooh, pretty," she breathed, leaning in closer to get a better look. Straightening, she beamed at both boys, still clutching her paper bag to her chest. "Are we going home now, or were you planning on doing something else first?" she asked, since she really hadn't clarified their plans before they came.

xxof GROWING certaintyxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxOF overxxxx

Precious Blob

The Darling Family and Descendants

Jerah - 28 (24) - Cat (Napoleon)
Vivian - 26 (22)
Caroline - 24 (20)
Jezzie - 18 (14) - Cat (The Emperor)
Virgil - 16 (12)
Claude - 14 (10) - Cat (Maggs)

- - -

Taine (25) - blue jay (Rachel)
Jada (6) - rat -

Precious Blob

User Image

JEZZIE DARLING

User Image

text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text

Precious Blob

User Image

JADANA

n a m e ;; Jadana Michelle Wilkie
                                          p r o n u n c i a t i o n ;; Jay - dah - nah
                                          n i c k n a m e ;; Jada, Jay

a g e ;; Six
                                          r a c e ;; Witch (power currently dormant)
                                          s e x ;; Female
                                          b i r t h d a y ;; May 18th
                                          b l o o d t y p e ;; B-

p a r e n t s ;; Arleni Harp (witch, deceased) and Dierk Wilkie (human, deceased)
                                          g u a r d i a n s ;; Jonathan Bennett (vampire) and Micah Cameron (vampire)
                                          s i b l i n g s ;; None

l i k e s ;; Blueberry muffins, pancakes, strawberries, cats, reptiles, dolls, skeletons, climbing, sleeping, shells, plush toys, wind chimes, storms, most animals, lettuce, pudding, candy, games, bugs
                                          d i s l i k e s ;; Cranberries, puppets, scary movies, mittens, water, chocolate, baths, brushing her hair, facial hair, sudden loud noises, pink
                                          f e a r s ;; Blood, death, the dark, costumes/masks

Precious Blob

User Image

JADANA

Jada reached eagerly for the plate placed in front of her. Strawberry pancakes and a blueberry muffin! Yummy! She bit into the top of the muffin eagerly. It was soft, and still warm, so Jonathan had to have baked them that morning. He was nice. So, so nice. And he knew Jada's weakness for blueberry muffins. "It's yummy!" she said, blueberry smears on her cheeks. It was her version of a thank you.

"Okay," she said, already feeling more awake. She finished her muffin, since she was the type to eat her food one section at a time. She arranged the sliced strawberries into a neat line on the edge of her pancake, then carefully rolled it up so the strawberries were tucked inside. She took a bite of the pancake roll. Delicious.

Micah got up and got ready to leave, saying goodbye to Jonathan first. Jada looked away quickly, pained. Her mommy and daddy had looked at each other like that... She jumped when the brush went through her hair, tugging out all the snags. She gave Micah a small smile, her eyes crinkling up. "Bye bye!" She reached up and patted his side as he turned to go. He'll be back later, she told herself, nibbling on her pancake and trying to ignore the uneasiness that plagued her whenever Jonathan or Micah left her sight for more than a few minutes. He'll go to work, and then he'll come home. It'll be okay. When she was finished her pancakes she got up and put her plate on the counter by the sink, like her mommy had trained her to do. Maybe Mommy would see her from Heaven and be proud that she was still cleaning up after herself.

She scrubbed at her face with a cloth, then went to Jonathan to make sure it was really clean. As always, he seemed to find more places that needed scrubbing, despite how carefully she'd done it. Then they walked to school, hand-in-hand because it was safer that way. "Bye bye, Jonathan!" she yelled from the school entrance as he left. She bit her lip to keep from crying. Some of the kids here cried when their parents dropped them off, but Jada wouldn't! She was a big girl, and she had to be brave! He'll be back, he'll be back...

As she'd been told, Jada worked hard. She knew most of her letters already, since Daddy had taught them to her, but she still got S and Z mixed up sometimes. She knew her numbers and colours, too. Her teacher said she was very smart. Jada was just surprised that some of her classmates didn't know them yet. How could anyone mistake red for yellow? During playtime she played with Allison, since her favourite friend Becka was home sick. She liked Allison well enough, but she was super bossy sometimes. Everything had to be her way. Today was especially bad. Eventually Jada gave up and went to play cars with the boys.

Then it was time to be picked up. Jadana squatted by the door, arms around her knees, waiting with barely-concealed anxiety. Jonathan would be there. He never forgot. And sure enough, he arrived. Jada grinned and ran forward to grab his hand. Yes, she'd had a good day. Yes, she'd been good. No, she hadn't hit anyone in the eye with a racecar like she had last week. But Tommy deserved it! He was mean!

They went to the park, which was one of Jada's all-time favourite places. She played on the slide. Then she made Jonathan push her on the swings, since she had yet to figure out the whole pumping thing, even when an older boy tried to show her. She ran around and played until finally she just flopped down, too tired to play anymore. Then they went home and had a snack, and finally curled up for a nap. Jada curled up into a little ball, pushed right up into Jonathan's ribcage. She liked having naps with him. She didn't have nightmares then.

Jonathan had to shake her gently awake some time later. She mumbled sleepily, stretching and squirming like a cat that had just been disturbed in the middle of a nap. Then she got up and followed him to the kitchen. Jada wanted to play checkers, so they found a checker board. Jada didn't know how to play though, so Jonathan taught her. It was actually really easy! She just had to remember that the checkers couldn't go forward, backward, and sideways, and had to stay on the one colour. She had just gleefully captured one of Jonathan's checkers when the front door opened and shut, and then Micah was calling Jonathan to come out to the hallway.

Jadana frowned. She knew that tone. They were going to talk about things they didn't want her to know about. She didn't like that! Shouldn't she get to go talk too? When Jonathan had gone out into the hallway, Jada slid quietly off her chair and padded over, peeking around the doorway.

She screamed. Blood. Micah was covered in blood. Was he going to die? Mommy and Daddy had been covered in blood, and they never woke up again. Micah couldn't die. He wasn't allowed to! "Don't die!" she wailed, sobbing. "You're not allowed to die!" She ran over and grabbed onto his pantleg, trying to drag him farther into the house as though that would somehow save him. She was terrified. Micah and Jonathan were all she had now. She liked Micah. If he died... if he died... Somewhere, glass shattered. She wrapped both arms around his legs, clinging in desperation as she wailed. She'd grabbed and was digging her nails into his flesh in the process, but she didn't notice or care. Anything to keep Micah from leaving.

Precious Blob

User Image

TAINE

n a m e ;; Taine Alfred Dion
                                          o c c u p a t i o n ;; Vampire hunter
                                          n i c k n a m e ;;

a g e ;; Twenty-five
                                          r a c e ;; Witch / Faerie
                                          s e x ;; Male
                                          b i r t h d a y ;; October 4th
                                          b l o o d t y p e ;; B-

p a r e n t s ;; Vanita Dion (Witch, deceased), Wilder (Faerie)
                                          s i b l i n g s ;;

l i k e s ;; Sharp weapons, strawberries, oreos, singing, cooking, cleaning
                                          d i s l i k e s ;; entering in a normal fashion, engaging in common social conduct, his inability to lie (curse you, faerie blood!)
                                          f e a r s ;; Iron,

m a g i c s p e l l s ;; Tracking and finding, concealment, opening, broomstick flight.
                                          f a m i l i a r ;; A blue jay. Rachel/Raia.
                                          a b i l i t i e s ;; Speed, concealment, mesmerization

Precious Blob

User Image

T A I N E D I O N

Taine and Jada sat side-by-side on the roof of an abandoned gas station, quietly eating their ice cream cones. Jadana had black cherry, and Taine had vanilla. Both had them on waffle cones, agreeing that the regular kind tasted like cardboard, so waffle was so much better. They had been sitting in companionable silence for some time now. It was Jada who broke it.

"This is when Jonathan picks me up," she said quietly. Taine glanced at her. She was quietly licking her ice cream cone, staring out over the rooftops. She was definitely worried about it. Taine sighed.

"About that..." he began, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. How could he interrogate her about her new guardians without her realizing he was doing it?

"Uh huh?" Now she was looking at him with wide, innocent, expectant eyes.

"Those guys... their names are Jonathan and..." Crap. What was the other one called?"

"Micah." Jada supplied helpfully.

"RIght. They're vampires. You know that, don't you?"

"Well, yeah," Jada said, a little hesitantly. She frowned into her ice cream cone.

Taine inhaled deeply, completely filling his lungs. He didn't want to push his six-year-old cousin, especially not when she was in a fragile state, but this was important. "The ones who killed your parents were vampires too."

"I... know that." She licked her ice cream again, but she didn't seem interested in it anymore.

"Then why do you live with those two? How are they different from the people who killed your parents?" Vampires were selfish and violent. He knew that better than anyone. Hunting them was his occupation. 'Know your enemy' or however the saying went.

Jada seemed to seriously contemplate this question, pursing her small lips. "Jonathan says they're defective."

That hadn't been what he expected. "Uh, what?"

Jada shrugged. "I don't know what defective means though."

"It means that they're broken, or not working properly..." Taine replied.

"Oh. But they're not really like other vampires. Not like... those ones anyway." An involuntary shudder ran through the little girl. Taine immediately put his arm around her, and she leaned into the crook of his elbow. "Jonathan's really nice. He makes me pancakes!" Jada beamed. The little girl did like pancakes. "And Micah's nice too, but different." Her face darkened. "He got hurt the yesterday. He was all covered in blood, and Jonathan had to pull splinters out. It was really scary."

"Huh." Splinters. So someone had tried to off them already. He bent down slightly and brushed Jada's hair away from her neck. No bite marks... Why would two vampires keep a little human ( or rather, witch ) girl around if not as a food source? It didn't make sense. "So, do you guys go to church or anything?" he asked casually. A seemingly innocent topic change.

"Nuh uh." Well, that was disappointing. "But Micah's kosher."

"...Kosher? You mean Jewish?" As a vampire wasn't keeping kosher kind of... impossible?

"I dunno. He just eats different."

"Oh." Good to know. Good to know.

"Taine? Can I go home now? Jonathan and Micah will be worried about me... and it's getting dark." Jada looked fearfully up at the sky. "I don't like it when it's dark."

Taine was torn. On the one hand, he didn't want to send his cousin back to some scummy bloodsuckers. On the other hand, his lifestyle didn't really facilitate caring for a child. And his profession meant that he had enemies. He couldn't mix Jada up in that. But what could he do?

"...Okay," he said reluctantly. She'd been safe there so far. Hopefully she'd continue to be safe until he thought of something better. Until then, he'd keep a close watch on her, and an especially close watch on her vampire guardians.

"But Jada, you have to promise me something," he said seriously, transferring the girl to his lap and brushing her hair out of her face. She stared up at him quizically, but nodded. "If anything scary happens, or anyone tries to do something bad to you, I need you to call me through this." Out of his pocket he pulled a small silver disc on a chain. He fastened it around Jada's neck, and the girl picked it up and examined it. There were strange, tiny letters inscribed delicately in the metal, but they seemed to shift and fade whenever she tried to focus on them. She tucked it into her shirt.

"How?" she asked, fascinated.

"Just squeeze it really tight, like this," he mimed clasping his hands together in front of his chest, "and think my name really strongly. I'll hear it, and I'll come get you no matter where you are." He pulled a matching disc out from under his shirt and showed it to her. With this, his mind would be put at least a little at ease.

"Now, let's get you home." He picked her up, and jumped lightly down from the roof. Jada grabbed tightly onto his sleeves, but didn't cry out.

Soon they were on the street where Jada's house was on. Taine stopped a few houses away from the vampire house, as he thought of it, and set the girl down. "This is as far as I go, kiddo. Think you can go the rest of the way yourself?" he said, ruffling her hair. Now wasn't really the time to meet the vampire pair.

Jada looked down the street and took a big breath. It was dark, and he knew she didn't like that, but she nodded bravely. "Yeah. I'll run really fast." She said determinedly.

"All right. Then get going, little miss." He patted her on the back, and she took off, running as fast as her little legs would carry her until she banged into her own front door. Panting, she looked back at where he cousin had been standing. He was gone.

v a m p i r e h u n t e r f a i r y w i t ch

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff