Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Exhibitionist

Below are some of my samples.
Please do not post, please do not steal.

Posts on the last page of the thread will be more recent.

Shy Exhibitionist

Quote:
1x1, reply - 472 words (from another site, so no layout)

Trent propped his arms on his knees while he kept his attention on the pond, unable to bring himself to look at Judd. The silence made it clear how much he just crushed the man, and that hurt him just as much. He wasn't normally the type to do this to someone--in fact, often the opposite--but this had to be done. There was no getting back together. But his heart broke even more at the sound of his voice. He could pick up on the uneven edges, and this got him to look back at the man. His eyes went wide at the realization of his words--in a way, Judd did it because of him. It wasn't because of something as shallow as giving in to temptation.

"I don't deserve it, but I need that, but more than that, Trent, I need..."

You.

Through lightly watery eyes, Trent suddenly saw the lifeline dangling just in front of him. Right beside him sat the man he had fallen deeply in love with, the one whose arms he had wanted to spend countless hours in while they forgot about everyone else and simply enjoyed the moment. "I..." He wanted to embrace him, express his apologies for even trying to suggest they stay separated, tell him the words he couldn't begin to say at the restaurant. And breathe in that familiar scent he came to know as Judd's. All he had to do was reach out.

But what if he's lying?

The light burnt out, and Trent found himself hugging his knees, pulling them close. "I hate you," he choked out, a couple tears suddenly spilling out of his eyes and down his face. Hate--that word tasted so ugly. He rarely used it, but this time he caved to the anger. "Do you hear me?" He kept his trembling voice low, but he felt the flames shooting from his eyes. "I hate you, Judd. I hate you for what you did." Trent pushed himself up off the ground. "You're a cheater, Judd, and once a cheater, always a cheater."

Now fully realizing the sharpness of his words, he shut his mouth. No, he didn't mean most of it--but he did. I don't know anymore. Looking at Judd, he could only see what once was, and how much he wished to go back to that, but somewhere in the haystack the needle to sow them back together had gotten lost.

He couldn't face him anymore. Trent turned toward the parking lot, his hands cupping the back of his head as he fought back the rest of his embittered tears--he was sensitive, but even he didn't like crying in front of someone. "I-I'm sorry, but I got to go." Dropping his hands to his sides, he would have tried to walk away.

Shy Exhibitionist

Quote:
1x1 intro - 941 words (from another site, so no layout)

The brunt of the morning crowd had shuffled out some time ago. A few stragglers came in or stayed behind, but, for the most part, it would be smooth sailing until lunch rolled around. And truthfully, Trent was thankful for these quieter periods. It made things a little easier for him to manage. Compared to dinner, maybe this shift wasn't the best in terms of money, but the twenty-year-old college student was still thankful for whatever he earned. Besides, he never really had the best memory in the world, and while he worked hard to keep on track with things at work, there was still the occasional table that slipped from his mind for a few minutes. For this reason, he had no qualms about not getting a dinner shift.

After fixing up the drinks for the table of four in the corner--a grandma, mom, and two little girls--Trent picked up the tray. On his way over, he scanned his section. The elder man would still be eating, so he knew he didn't have to worry about him right now, but he wanted to keep tabs, make sure there weren't any new customers.

And that was when he saw him.

Trent had to stop himself from tilting the tray, a little of the Diet Coke for the grandma spilling down the side of the glass. He had to look again, partly to make sure this hadn't been a trick of the mind, although he knew it couldn't be, and mostly for seeing that face for the first time in so long. But even with the surprise, Trent had to tear his gaze away. "No," he found himself whispering as he looked around. Not here. This wasn't supposed to happen. He'd been avoiding the Jameson household for this reason--he didn't want to see Judd.

After taking a slow, deep breath, Trent started walking again, his eyes glued to the floor as the memory started bubbling up. That week following Judd's departure for basic had been torturous when he couldn't be around the guy he loved so dearly. So of course he was ecstatic the day his name came up on his cellphone--until he learned why he was calling. When people described their whole world crashing down around them when they learn about their lover's unfaithfulness, Trent considered that to be just a little bit of an understatement. With his head spinning, he had broken up with Judd, and had spent the next few days mostly cooped up in his room until he got over the initial hurt.

What might have made his ex's transgression so bad, though, was that Judd was the first person he truly loved. He had one other relationship before that--it was with a girl who had showed interest in him. Most gays would say they would do it for the coverup, but for Trent, it was because he truly wanted to reciprocate, to make her happy. Of course, he wasn't able to do that so well when he had trouble doing anything more than hugging her as far as physical intimacy, but in the end, that didn't matter, because she lost interest in him a couple of weeks later when she told him he was too sweet. That breakup didn't hurt, but with Judd, when he was so emotionally invested, it crushed him.

As he neared the table with the family of four, Trent put a smile on his face, hoping it was at least almost as warm as the one he had given them when he first walked up to them. "Here are your drinks," he announced, and as he started to set the glasses down, his eyes met with the grandma's. He looked away, trying to ignore the slight curiosity he picked up on. After asking them if they were ready to order and writing it down, he returned to the kitchen long enough to give it to the cooks.

Even though he wanted to, he knew he shouldn't put off going over to Judd, but he lingered in the back for just a few moments longer so he could compose himself. Once he felt ready enough, he walked over, his gaze once again falling on the man who hurt him. His face was old and familiar, yet new; he thought he could sense a new air about him. Idly he wondered if Judd would feel the same, though Trent didn't think he himself had changed too much. Maybe not as immature, since roughly three years had passed, but if anything, he'd say the only noticeably new thing about him was the hairstyle he sported. A girl friend had gotten a hold of it a few months ago, and surprisingly enough, Trent never got burnt out of spiking it.

When he neared, Trent looked from Judd to his son, finding it easier to start with him first. "Hiya, JJ!" he chirped with a large grin on his face, standing to the side--the one opposite of Judd--of the highchair so the boy could easily look at him. He bent down a little, hands on his knees, so he could be more level with him, and stopped short of ruffling his hair like he occasionally did. "How's my little buddy doing today? You been being good for your gramma?"

Trent straightened his posture, his attention finally returning to the father. His smile faded. He opened his mouth once, twice, then shut it. For him, he was speechless, so he went with the one thing he knew: "How about I start you two off with drinks? What can I get for you?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff