" I was born in a thunderstorm..."
User Image
"I grew up overnight..."
User Image

A V E R Y ☾ W I N T E R S
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈═☆
I played alone...I played on my own.."

Where? In the cafeteria Wearing? This Feeling? Confused

Avery was careful not to share much of her past with anyone, and in fact, was careful not to get close to people in general, as she was terrified of causing people pain or being unable to help someone as she was unable to help her mother and then later her father. But it was really against her nature, she was drawn to people. She wanted to help them in anyway she could. She wanted to protect them and make them happy, like she had always tried to do for her brothers and sisters. It was hard to act against one’s nature, then again, most things in life were hard, especially when locked up in a facility like Aurora Heights.

Covering her mouth as a yawn escaped, Avery found herself shrugging in response to Desmond's question. “The doctors know about my insomnia...But I’ve already told them I don’t want medication for it, as I’m already taking medication for other things. Plus...It’s not hard to guess what will happen if I were to get addicted. “ She shook her head, not really wishing to think of that possibility, after all, the facility had already done so much to alter her ability to do many things...Giving her the ability to actually sleep would not come without its costs. Better to keep something out of the twisted, ugly hands of the facility. “Ah, yeah...It would be wonderful if this sign was a good one...But, I’ve never been really good at guessing whatever signs and things mean.” Avery laughed a bit, hoping to further alleviate Desmond of some of his worry.

Desmond was a really kind man, that’s for sure. Out of everyone in the facility, she probably felt most comfortable with him. He was easy to talk to, which was always appreciated in situations where you feel so hopeless and alone, like the life the facility created. Avery opened her mouth to speak, but realized now that they had other company, so she just smiled at Otter and Vincent as they approached the table and greeted them with a cheerful tone. “Good morning you two.”

As soon as Otter started to speak of his dreams and especially when she saw Desmond’s smile drop, Avery’s did as well. And suddenly, as talk of the sugar pills made its way into conversation, she felt it. Confusion, hers. Concern, Desmond’s. Protectiveness, Vincent’s. Nerves and anxiety, Otter’s. She felt everything…./Everything./ Her empathy was back in almost full swing, she had to remind herself how she dealt with her sibling’s constantly changing emotions just to keep from freaking out. Stay calm, stay calm….Don’t let it get to you. Don’t let the emotions of others control you.

Wait, what? Escape? Avery’s mind started to race...On one hand she had nothing outside this facility anymore...On the other hand she wouldn’t have to be in the facility anymore. No...No she had to go! She had to be free. To be able to once again be in the outside world...She thought it was just a dream. But now it could be a reality? She couldn’t pass that up. Plus...She wouldn't want to lose someone like Desmond again “No...I’ll come. If there’s even the smallest chance...We have to take it.” The woman spoke with a firm tone, signaling her resolve to join them.

"I survived."

Anxious Demigod

User Image
                        User Image

Eɪʀᴀ Nɪʟᴀᴋsᴅᴏᴛᴛɪʀ
                                                                    " Tԋҽ ƈσʅԃ ɳҽʋҽɾ Ⴆσƚԋҽɾҽԃ ɱҽ αɳყɯαყ..."

████████████████████████████████████████████████

Music Feeling: Excited and nervous!Elsa
                                                                    Thirteen year old Eira had never been away from her father before. He was her best friend, the person she shared everything with. The person who built snow-Pokémon during the long winters back home in the Crown Tundra, the person who taught her all about food and how to pay attention to what different Pokémon liked, the person who encouraged her, read her to sleep, made her laugh, held her when she cried- And now she was away from him for the first time. Eira gulped down a shaking breath. It wasn't that Pallet Town was cold, and even if it had been- The Crown Tundra, where Eira was from, was much colder. No, no. It was all nerves. Eira wrung a lock of her white hair in her hands to keep them from shaking as she slowly walked up to professor Oak's lab. Despite how nervous she seemed, and in fact, was- Eira was also jittery with excitement. She wanted to make friends, to see the world, but most of all get her very first Pokémon! A partner of her own! All her life she had watched her father interact with his partner, a wild Sandslash he had treated while on assignment in the Alola region, and how perfectly in sync they were. Eira wanted that with her partner, and she would be doing her best to make that dream a reality. She even had already gone out and bought a little snowflake charm to give to her Pokémon when they met! It would be a little awkward if her partner ended up being a grass or fire type, but she would love them all the same. It was almost time to meet them- Eira just had a few steps separating her from the start of her journey.

"Just a little further. You can do it."

The encouragement Eira gave herself was hardly over a whisper, only audible to her. But it was enough. Soon she crossed the threshold and made her way into the room. Eira was taken back by the group- She had never been around so many people her age before. There weren't many people at all in Freezington, let alone children. And as for Cerulean city- Well, Eira was homeschooled and spent most of her time with her father at the Pokémon center anyway. The young teen observed friendships being made around the room and the excitement started to beat back the nerves. She could hardly contain herself as she stepped up to the console, carefully putting a hand to the surface. "Let's see what fate has in store for me." Eira muttered, again under her breath, as the machine did it's work and soon enough, produced a pokeball. The white haired teen gingerly picked up the ball and followed Professor Oak's instructions to the area where he was allowing everyone to meet their partners for the very first time.

When Eira found a spot to stand, she looked down at the pokeball in her hand and gave a small smile. "I can't wait any longer to meet you. Come on out!" And sure enough, as soon as her finger released from the center button on the pokeball, a beam of light flashed and subsided to reveal a perfectly posed, fluffy little eevee. An eevee! How amazing was that?! Eira beamed as she took a seat, carefully tucking her skirt beneath her before she held out her hand for eevee to give a sniff to. Sure enough, the perfect little thing gave a cursory sniff before leaping into Eira's arms with an enthusiastic call. The teen, not expecting that, fell back a bit, giggling. "Haha! It's so nice to meet you eevee! What a sweetie you are!." She exclaimed, hugging eevee close and relishing in the softness of her fur and the way she nuzzled up to Eira, already affectionate. It was a fortuitous meeting indeed, as Eira already loved her partner so much.

Reluctantly, Eira set eevee down in front of her before petting her head. ""You need a good name, don't you eevee? How about...Elsa?" Eira asked, smiling down at her partner. Eevee gave a chirp of approval, nuzzling her head into Eira's still outstretched hand. "Elsa it is! I'm very much looking forward to the road ahead with you by my side." And with that, Eira gingerly attached the snowflake charm to Elsa's left ear, symbolically solidifying their bond as partners."Okay, Elsa, let's wait around a little bit...See if we can make some friends, okay?" Elsa wagged her tail, giving another cheerful call of affirmation. Eira giggled and picked up her partner, finally getting to her feet once again. "Easier said than done, I'm afraid...."

Anxious Demigod

(( UNFORMATED. NOT POSTED ON GAIA))

Since waking up, Link had two modes. Run right into danger, shield surf if possible, or overly cautious. Parts of him wanted to be friendly, always- But that just wasn't possible when the Yiga were always trying to get him. Still, he was curious by nature- Even more so after waking up with no memories.
He did make a habit of talking to people by campfires- Most of the time they weren't Yiga and it was a nice respite from being alone all day to make small talk with people. Or, rather, he would sit and listen to them talk or would hope they knew Hylian sign language. He spoke only when totally needed, but he certainly did not prefer it.
This man didn't seem like just a traveler, but Link did lower his weapon, though he kept a stance that would allow to fight or flee at a moments notice. But he crept forward, coming into the fire light. The person's appearance surprised him, as it was quite similar to his own.
He decided to be friendly and lowered his guard once he took a seat.
'Become a monster? What do you mean by that? I have never heard of someone becoming a monster. Though, my memory is shaky in the best of times. '
Link's hand movements stopped as he reconsidered his greeting. He hadn't even said hello. Or said anything at all. He should start with speaking and hope the stranger knew sign.
"Sorry about that. I'm Link- Do you know sign, by chance?" His voice was raspy from underuse, and he found it quite unpleasant to talk at all.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Link was relieved, and so even though it might be slightly different, he gladly switched back to sign once the stranger told him he could understand.
His brow furrowed. The cursed undead? Like stal creatures? Or like things coming back under the blood moon? Link paused again on the soldier's fate phrase.
'I died, I think. Or...I was supposed to. I only have a few memories but one of them is a memory of an incident that should have been the death of me.'
Link paused, the sensation of rain pelting against his battered skin, the blood oozing from his wounds, the water soothing the burns left by the guardian's lasers all coming back and leaving him with a shiver down his spine.
'Sorry, that was a bit morbid. I know what you mean about having to be cautious though. It seems like everything is trying to kill me these days. ' And perhaps it was the same long ago, but Link hardly remembered.
'The moon is so mysterious. Sometimes I find it's light so comforting...And sometimes, it's scary. I wonder why that could be. Any theories?' The stranger was already the most fascinating person Link had spoken to in a while. Though, it wasn't a hard lift when most of the people he talked to were merchants and people dumb enough to go foraging for hearty truffles when bokoblins were around.

Anxious Demigod

((UNFORMATED. NOT POSTED ON GAIA ))

"Link...Link...open your eyes…"

He didn't want to, though. He wanted to keep sleeping, suspended somewhere dark and wet- but it wasn't unpleasant, Link- at least that's who he assumed he was- found it soothing.

"You've been asleep for one hundred years…"

Really? That seems like an awfully long time to sleep for. What could a few more minutes hurt if he'd already been slumbering for that long? Though, the disembodied voice was persistent, and Link doubted that it would allow him any more rest. And so, he obeyed the command, he opened his eyes and woke up for the first time in a century. The soothing waters of the shallow bath drained and he was left feeling cold without it's warm embrace. He glanced at himself, noting his lack of clothing probably had something to do with being so cold. The voice spoke again, prompting the male to action. So, with few other options, he obeyed. Link reaped some rewards for his obedience- a strange device the voice called a Sheikah slate, and a set of ragged clothes that didn't even fit. Oh well, at least it was better than being in his undergarments. The voice told him it was time to leave his resting place, time to rejoin the world. And so, with some difficulty, Link climbed the short wall out of the cave and into the blinding sunlight above. Once his retinas adjusted to the bright, new world he had been thrust into, Link took a moment to survey the landscape. Beyond where he stood was a sea of trees, opening up into a vast field- A volcano jutted out of the earth, great plumes of black smoke rising from it’s open mouth. And there, at the center of it all, was a castle. Even though it was far in the distance, it stood clear as day, giving Link a pretty good guess that the thing was massive. Tearing his gaze away from the sprawling landscape, Link’s attention was captured by a figure that had suddenly appeared down the hill from him- Well, it’s likely the person was there before, they just escaped his notice. With one last look at the looming castle, Link made his way down the hill to where the figure was camping. In all honesty, what brought Link to the mysterious person was only a little because he wanted to know what was going on, and mostly because of the mouth watering scent of cooked apples. The figure turned out to be an old man in ragged clothes, not unlike Link’s own set. Though, he wore a cape and held a strange lanturn on a stick. He regarded Link with some level of amusement as the younger took a seat at the campfire, hungrily eyeing the apples that were left scattered around. “Hungry?” The old man inquired, prompting a swift nod from Link. “Go right ahead, I have eaten my fill.” Not needing anymore permission, Link grabbed an apple, finding it was still hot. He tossed it back and forth for a few moments,the skin on his hands still tender from being submerged for so long. Not too much more time passed before he was able to devour the apple, savoring the soft texture and burst of flavor. “What is your name, young one?” The old man asked once Link was done chewing. He opened his mouth to speak, but found his voice would not obey. Speaking felt wrong somehow. His hands moved to compensate, and he found himself relieved that his body remembered what his mouth did not.
“L,i,n,k. Link, I see. A fine name.” The man hummed, once again relieving Link that he seemed to understand the hand movements. “You probably don’t know what you did. That’s Hylian sign language- Some people still know it, though I do warn you it won't always be understood.” The old man informed Link, who tilted his head, still confused. “No matter, no matter. Why don’t you keep exploring? Seems to me a young man such as yourself should be able to find some interesting things.”

Link was frustrated by the lack of transparency from the old man, but seeing few other options, decided to take him at his word. He gave the man a nod and stood from the spot, eyes trained on the horizon once more. His eyes were sharp, and they quickly found an odd creature- It was an ugly thing for sure- wrinkled red-brown skin, sunken eyes that glowed with unnatural light, a single horn protruding from it's hairless head,and a nose that resembled that of a pig's. Link pointed at the creature, tilting his head at the old man. "Hm? Oh that. It's called a bokoblin. Not a particularly intelligent creature but a ruthless one. Take that axe from the stump, yes that's the one. You will need to defend yourself against such creatures. These and many other kinds roam Hyrule." Link nodded at the old man, plucking the axe from the stump it had been stuck in. It was kind of heavy, especially for someone who had only started holding things again. Whatever muscle he had from whatever life he had before must have atrophied within his hundred year slumber. Still, Link gave the axe a few cursory swings and shrugged. Even with his lack of memory, he could tell this wouldn’t have been his weapon of choice. The old man seemed to be certain that Link would need to defend himself, so why should he question that? He strapped the axe to his back and nodded to the man, stepping out onto the precipice of the unknown. He walked cautiously, not wanting to alert the bokoblin or whatever the old man had called the thing- But his lack of remembered experience and the heavy weapon upon his back made that nearly impossible. Link winced when he felt a twig crack under his foot, silently cursing his miserable luck when the creature rounded at him with those beady, glowing eyes. It snarled and raised it’s weapon at him, a club made of wood- But since it was a one handed weapon, it meant the creature could move faster than Link and his two handed axe. Still, the young man took the axe from it’s mount upon his back and held it in front of himself, backing up and away from the wildly swinging bokoblin. The thing swung its club over it’s head a few times, before making itself very dizzy- Link took this serendipitous moment to strike. He reeled the axe back then slammed the blade into the creature, making it drop it’s club in the process. Link swung again, and with a cry of pain, the creature died-disappearing in a plume of purple dust. Link was a little short on breath, the heavy axe was unwieldy but did a good bit of damage, allowing him to kill the creature swiftly. Still, having more options was for the best. He plucked up the bokoblin’s club, wondering where he could store it, when the thing started glowing a strange blue color. It vanished from his grasp and he heard the Sheikah slate give a small beep. Brows furrowed in confusion, Link unhooked the slate from his belt and turned it on- to his shock he saw the club he had just confiscated from the dead bokoblin. He selected it, and the weight of the axe vanished from his back, having been replaced with something much lighter and not nearly as cold as the metal he had been getting accustomed to. Once Link had put the slate back in its place on his belt, he reached back and gripped the handle of the club, giving that a few swings as he had done with the axe. It was much easier to swing, but he knew it wouldn’t pack the same amount of power- Still, it was better to have a weapon that could be drawn quickly in case more strange and hostile creatures appeared. Link started moving again, though he didn’t get very far when a strange, blue blob fell from a nearby tree. It blinked at him, but started moving in a way that made Link know it was prepping an attack. He gripped the club, slamming it into the blob with ease. The thing exploded, leaving behind two pulsing objects that jiggled when Link investigated. He didn’t truly have a reason for storing them in the Sheikah slate, but it felt right to collect such things. Perhaps there would be a use for them somewhere along his journey. He also stopped to pluck the apples off the tree the strange jelly had come from, delighting in the fact he could store food within the Sheikah slate. Satisfied with his spoils, Link continued to meander, content to soak in this unfamiliar world at a leisurely pace. But...the voice inside his head wasn't having it.

"Link….Head for the mark as indicated on your Sheikah slate."

The voice was gentle, but there was the slightest undercurrent of annoyance that made Link change course towards where the glowing dot was indicating.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff