Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Friend

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
       (  ELIJAH CHEN*  )        x        (  THE BRAZEN LIGHTNING-USER*  )

Timid Friend

• User Image
                                                  ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《  CHARM WAS A SCHEME FOR MAKING STRANGERS LIKE AND TRUST A PERSON IMMEDIATELY, NO MATTER WHAT THE CHARMER HAD IN MIND: KURT VONNEGUT
                                                  xxx ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

❛Hey there! I am a student from the sister school of Vires Academy for Exorcists. Our school trains female
                                                  exorcists so when the opportunity to interview the ho- umm, I mean students from Vires, I jumped at the
                                                  opportunity. ♥ So first of all, a quick run down of who you are~

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ " th` name's elijah chen. nice to meet ya, sweetheart  ■↓HIS LIPS SETTLE INTO A WRY SMIRK. ) "
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ " most folks just leave it at eli or li, you know? "
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ " i'm going here, so i gotta be male. it doesn't matter much to me. guess i'll go for whoever appeals to me .. ~ "
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ " turned eighteen years old on may 27th!  ■↓FLASHES A PROUD GRIN. ) "
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ " going solo, kid. i'm not allied with any of these other nobles  ■↓THERE'S A QUIET SCOFF, SNEERING ALMOST. ) but my flame's lightning, just like nǎinai. "
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ his crazy grandmother was a solo exorcist and collected the names of numerous creatures she defeated, placing them into a book. she was exceptionally powerful and the demons and monsters whose names are in the book are no laughing matter. since her death, the book of names has passed into his hands and the segal family has been fervently hunting him down to possess it.

❛How would those that know you closely say about your personality? What about strangers like me?

" those that know me closely?  ■↓LEANS BACK IN HIS CHAIR, EYES CAST TO THE SIDE AS HE RACKS HIS BRAIN FOR SOMEONE TO FIT THE DESCRIPTION. WHEN HE FINDS THE PEOPLE IN PARTICULAR, HAZEL EYES LIGHT UP WITH CHILDISH DELIGHT. ) that's gotta be my family. couldn't be anyone else, not that i'm not friendly. i like to think i'm fairly sociable. `least i've gotten you hooked on wanting to know more, right?  ■↓LAUGHS. ) in any case, parents always said i was like nǎinai. the black sheep of the family. they say we mean well. we fight well. but we come off as too overbearing and too reckless. they were always critical of us  ■↓THERE'S A FLICKER OF EMOTION IN HIS EYES, BUT AS SOON AS IT'S COME, IT'S GONE. ) my little brother though, juli, i think he understood us better than most. he knows we're the type of people who are independent. that when we have a goal set in our mind, you are either with us or against us yet regardless of what you think, we'll go on our own path. i know where my loyalties lie though and if someone i loved ever needed me, i'd be there for them. i think that makes me reliable enough to make up for doing whatever. when it comes to strangers ..   ■↓PUSHES HIS GLASSES BACK UP ON HIS NOSE, AND HIS EYES GLINT WITH AMUSEMENT BEHIND THE LENS. )

well, what do you think of me? "

User Image
                                                  ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《  THE WEIRDER YOU'RE GOING TO BEHAVE, THE MORE NORMAL YOU SHOULD LOOK: P.J. O'RYOURKE
                                                  xxx ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

❛Ahaha, your shirt probably doesn't do your handsome body justice. //staresintensely So what kind of
                                                  build, would you say that you have?

" eyeing me like that won't get you any closer to seeing it  ■↓DOESN'T MAKE ANY MOVE TO THREATEN HER THOUGH, SEEMINGLY PLEASED BY THE ATTENTION. ) i'm not ripped, but i have enough muscle to be considered toned i guess. some people say i look kinda lanky too since i have long limbs. it's something that comes with being tall, but geez, you don't think i look that awkward when i move, do you? "

❛Awesome, so I can obviously tell that your eyes are hazel and that you are a brunet.
                                                  However those hidden features... ew, I hope that you did not just take that the wrong way! Anyways, any
                                                  tattoos or scars that are noteworthy?

" ew?  ■↓RAISES AN EYEBROW. ) i know i'm no model but i don't look that bad. there's some general scars from stuff back as a kid like scraping my legs when i fell, but nothing big. as for tats .. well, you gotta keep it a secret between you and me, alright? no telling my parents  ■↓LEANS FORWARD SLIGHTLY, A FINGER TAPPING AGAINST HIS LIPS AS HE WINKS. ) i got one on my back. "dream as if you live forever, live as if you'll die today." it's a reminder to myself, and well, anyone who sees, to always live life to the fullest. i wanted something cool, interesting, but inconspicuous. the last thing i need is for my parents hounding me about my own skin and getting turned away from everywhere just because of a tattoo. "

❛What is your weight and height if you do not mind me asking? //looksslightlyembarrassed

" last i checked, i was 6'2" ... oh, yeah. in centimeters, that's 188. i might've grown a few inches though  ■↓LAUGHS. ) can't remember what my weight was, but it's definitely changed over time so no point in keeping track. i just know i'm in the range of an average, healthy weight. "

❛Of course, we can never forget fashion. Now Vires requires uniforms (white shirt and black slacks) to be
                                                  worn while in class. What do you prefer to wear when you are out of class?

"   ■↓TUGS ON HIS BEANIE. ) wanna take a guess? it's usually loose, casual clothes. jeans, hoodies, tees. i pretty much always have a beanie or other hat to finish it off. it's a pretty lazy style but i like it plus it works best with my t'ai chi. "

Timid Friend

• User Image
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《  IN THREE WORDS, I CAN SUM UP EVERYTHING I'VE LEARNED ABOUT LIFE. IT GOES ON: ROBERT FROST

❛Everyone has to start from somewhere or should say I from some certain people. So tell me about your
                                                  parents or at least parent figures //smiles

" you want to know about my parents, huh?  ■↓BLINKS AS HE PROCESSES THE REQUEST BEFORE RUBBING AT THE BACK OF HIS NECK GINGERLY. ) not much i can say on `em. my dad and mom were usually off working, a neuro-surgeon and a kindergarten teacher. unlikely pair, right? apparently, they met as kids though and were high school sweethearts. they're ... they're good people. i guess it seems like i don't like them, but i do. i love my family. ... i must seem like a sap, huh?  ■↓HIS CHEEKS ARE TINGED PINK THOUGH HE ATTEMPTS TO LAUGH IT OFF. ) it's just i spent more time with nǎinai than i did with them.

nǎinai and i were the only flame-users in our immediate family, so she took me in as her student. it was hell  ■↓GRIMACES AT THE MEMORIES. ) she only ever spoke in mandarin, knowing damn well i could barely speak english much less that! everyday after school, she'd teach me chinese on top of my schoolwork, and then still expected me to train with her. she said it was all necessary though. she said she knew i'd have a flame, that she could see it waiting to ignite. no wonder people say nǎinai was crazy but .. turns out she was right. that's how it was with her. she might've seemed totally loony, but she was on top of her s**t and if you ever got to see her fight ...   ■↓THERE'S NO LONGER ANY TRACE OF A FROWN, INSTEAD REPLACED WITH A GENTLE SMILE. ) nǎinai wasn't all bad either. she was a strict teacher, but she had her gentle moments too like whenever she talked about yéyé or when she was proud of me for getting a technique right. i think i liked her smile best because it made me feel as if ... as if i really was worth something. like i'm important too, and i can do something with this power  ■↓ALLOWS HIS HAND TO UNCURL IN FRONT OF HIM. SMALL SPARKS FLY ACROSS HIS PALM. ) nǎinai was a brash person. blunt, overbearing, ruthless. but she was also admirable and kind-hearted. i'm glad that i was able to know her  ■↓HIS FINGERS CURL INTO HIS PALM AND HIS SMILE STRETCHES INTO A WIDE GRIN. ) "

❛Wow~ interesting. How was your childhood? Tragic, adventurous, happy? I love hearing exciting or unique
                                                  stories by the way! But there are always completely normal people like me. Oh crap, I am starting to ramble...

" it's alright to ramble, it's cute ~  ■↓LAUGHS LIGHTLY. ) my childhood wasn't tragic .. unless you were my parents at the time. ma ma always tells me i was a tiny terror when i was a baby, climbing on walls and getting into everything i could. i got better about it when julian was born or maybe i got worse ... i just remember i had a little trooper to enlist in my reign of destruction. he'd always follow after me or cling to me, and when we ended up going to school, i finally had an outlet for all my energy. in other words, beating up anyone who was mean to him  ■↓SHRUGS HIS SHOULDERS AS IF IT'S A COMMON THING. ) you try staying calm when you see someone messing with your cute little brother. anyway, i think it must've been around .. when i was six?  ■↓TILTS HIS HEAD, COUNTING ON HIS FINGERS BRIEFLY. ) that's when nǎinai decided it was time for me to be taken up under her wing. she knew i'd get my flame sooner or later, and she wanted to observe the changes over time. it started off with her just teaching me mandarin and then cantonese, and whenever i'd want to talk to her, i had to speak in either one. she'd just ignore me if i spoke english or, if she was in a bad mood, shock me  ■↓SHUDDERS AT THE THOUGHT OF BEING ELECTROCUTED AGAIN. ) nǎinai also made me practice t'ai chi with her back then. i remember thinking it was boring as hell, moving all slow but ... as time passed, it provided a sense of calm to experience the world slowly. i always wondered why she wasted her time with me when it was clear nothing was gonna happen.

or at least, i thought nothing would happen. i was ten years old in gym class and we were running laps. i wasn't tall or anything back then, so i ran at an average pace. but i was feeling down that day .. and before i knew it, i realized everyone was passing me. you know those moments where you're already depressed and the tiniest thing makes you upset? it felt like it wasn't just the race, but that there were already kids who'd awakened their flames or who'd gone on to do something amazing. and here i was, nothing. last place where it seems i'd always be  ■↓CLOSES HIS EYES, LEANING BACK IN THE CHAIR. )

so i thought, "i want to do better."

i closed my eyes when i thought that .. but when i opened them again, i was at the finish line and everyone was staring at me like i was an alien  ■↓SNICKERS. ) that's when i first realized my passion for running as well. i passed out soon after so my cool factor probably went down a little from that but from what the others told me when i woke up, lightning had flashed all around my legs and feet when i ran. that was the first time i used my flame. sure did a number on the body  ■↓SCRATCHES AT HIS CHEEK. ) when i got home, nǎinai .. she grinned at me. she already knew. at that time, i remembered she believed in me long before i believed in myself. when we finally got back to training together, it was worse than ever before. it was the first time she showed me her book of demons. i always knew nǎinai was an exorcist but seeing all those names at once ... it wasn't a joke. she was on a different level from me. i was still too in shock to know what was happening next. i heard her murmuring vaguely, and next thing i knew, i felt myself thrown across the yard. i looked up and it was this .. demon looming over me, staring down into my eyes like it was ready to kill. i still remember every detail because that was my first time seeing one before  ■↓FOLDS HIS ARMS LOOSELY ACROSS HIS CHEST. ) it was a wolf made of lightning. it came and went like it too. if i recall right, it was named raijuu ... nǎinai summoned him right back though and she walked closer to me. if there was ever a moment i was terrified of her, it had to have been then but i'll always remember what she told me.

" what did you feel just now? excitement? fear? remember that feeling well. it is what your comrades and yourself will feel when overwhelmed, and you will be overwhelmed. .. however, as the lightning, you are there to counter that feeling. you must be strong to protect yourself and others. to inspire their own strength. "

i was scared to death, but she was right. i never wanted to feel that weak again, and .. i didn't want for anyone i cared about to experience that feeling either. after that, we began training seriously together. she taught me how to use a halberd in use with my t'ai chi, and, not that my parents knew, but she'd take me with her on missions sometimes too. that was my introduction to the world of exorcists .. "

❛Out of curiosity, were you a rebel during your pre-teen and early teenage years? //sighswithadreamygaze

" mmm ... i guess you could say i was. it wasn't anything charming though and it didn't happen for a while  ■↓PLACES HIS HANDS IN HIS POCKETS. ) following the appearance of my flame, chief came shuffling along into my life. i was taking a stroll as usual and saw her out on my run. the girl followed me back home and i just got used to having her around. she'd leave but she always came back to me, so i decided she'd be my pet. grandma seemed to know something about her though she never said anything ...   ■↓GLANCES OFF FOR A MOMENT BEFORE LOOKING BACK. ) nothing much happened after that though. i ended up joining the track team at school since i wanted to experience that feeling again. the one of complete euphoria with the wind rushing past me and not a care in the world  ■↓SMILES SOFTLY. ) i ended up getting my growth spurt and getting taller, so that helped out a lot with having longer strides. i got a lot of experience, so that's why i'm capt now ~ life went well after that. a few years down the road, when i was fourteen, it .. kinda took a turn for the worst.  ■↓STARES DOWN AT HIS FEET INSTEAD. IT'S DIFFICULT TO LOOK AT OTHERS WITH A CALM FACE WHEN THE MEMORIES RESURFACING BRING ALONG TROUBLED EMOTIONS. ) i should've expected it. people don't live forever after all, but i didn't think she'd leave me so suddenly, you know?  ■↓HIS VOICE CRACKS SLIGHTLY AND HE HESITATES. HE WAS SURE HE'D GOTTEN OVER THIS, BUT IT STILL CATCHES HIM OFF-GUARD TO THINK OF HER DEATH. ) nǎinai .. got ill and passed away ... i got to see her off at least which was enough for me. in her last moments, she smiled more than i ever saw her do before. i think .. she was alright. with leaving this world, i mean. she said she'd done everything she needed to, and that i could take care of the rest for her. she left me her halberd and her book. of course, i cried like a baby when i got home, but i smiled for her in those last moments. that's all we could do for each other really.

after nǎinai left, i had too much free time and no outlet. track team only took up so much time, but even outside of that, i ran a lot. i ran to get away from my problems. away from people. not even juli could help me out. i was just .. unsure. i didn't have anyone to guide me. i tried to train on my own, but it never turned out that well. staying out of the house a lot was as rebellious as i got, and i remember getting into arguments with my parents when i'd get home late but it never got too bad. as expected though, i wasn't the only one caught up on nǎinai's death. the segal family sent several people to our house a few weeks later to collect her book. i remembered her mentioning them before, something about pests. that was enough for me to know not to give them anything. unfortunately, they were more persistent than i thought. they threatened my family and i ...   ■↓BITES DOWN ON HIS LIP. ) i couldn't just let them do whatever. i tried to fight them off, but i was still too weak. they had the book in their hands, they were going to take it away from me ... and i panicked. i said the first thing that came to mind.

" come forth, raijuu! "

... looking back on it, it was a dumb move but i knew it could do what i couldn't. i just didn't think it could go out of control like it did. it got rid of the segal family sure but .. it went after julian next. it wouldn't listen to my orders until i figured out how to call him back. julian lived, though he had burn marks from the attack, but it made me think of the worst: what if i couldn't save him next time? what if i couldn't control myself or any other demon? i ... didn't want that. ever since, i haven't summoned another demon from the book. don't get me wrong, i'm not letting anyone else have it either  ■↓SNEERS. ) call it selfish if you want, but it's something i had to do. i promised not to use it again until i could control my abilities and the demons. to do that, i even went as far to leave canada and come here to the academy in japan. "

❛Have you ever had anything else, you know, life-shattering happen in your life?

" mm ..   ■↓STROKES HIS CHIN LIGHTLY IN THOUGHT. ) not that i can think of. i'm pretty sure i covered everything. besides, anything that's happened couldn't have been life-shattering when i'm living and breathing right now. anything that doesn't kill you makes you stronger. "

User Image
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《  THE THINGS THAT MAKE ME DIFFERENT ARE THE THINGS THAT MAKE ME: A.A. MILNE

❛............... //wondersifsheshouldaskmorequestionsaboutthepast

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ " stunned ya, huh?  ■↓LAUGHS HEARTILY ALTHOUGH WHEN IT DIES DOWN, HE ATTEMPTS AT A REASSURING SMILE. ) if it's fine with you, we can move on. "

❛So as a future potential friend or lover, what kind of things do you like in general? What kind of hobbies do
                                                  you enjoy doing?

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ RUNNING / WALKING
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ LOUD MUSIC ( TRAP, DUBSTEP, ETC. )
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ ACTION / ADVENTURE MOVIES
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ THUNDERSTORMS ESPECIALLY IF IT'S A BLACKOUT
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ AFFECTIONATE GESTURES
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ MEETING NEW PEOPLE

❛How about dislikes and pet peeves?

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ SWEETS
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ EXCESSIVE HEAT ESPECIALLY DURING NIGHTTIME
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ BEING LECTURED OR ORDERED AROUND
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ AVARICIOUS PEOPLE
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ COOKING
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ FEELING WEAK

❛I hope to be the wife of some famous exorcist clan! What are your aspirations and dreams for the future?

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ TO MAKE A NAME FOR HIMSELF AS AN EXORCIST, NOT JUST AS THE DESCENDANT OF HIS GRANDMOTHER
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ TO BE STRONG ENOUGH TO CONTROL HIS FLAMES AND DEMONS PROPERLY
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ TO LIVE A FULL LIFE -- FALL IN LOVE, FIND HAPPINESS, EXPERIENCE EVERY BIT OF THE WORLD HE ASPIRES TO, ETC.

❛Now although I would love to have a man... or woman... who is simply perfect, everyone has a weakness of
                                                  some kind. What are your fears? Oh! Some blackmail material couldn't hurt? Any secrets you care to share?
                                                  I promise I won't tell a soul~

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ FEAR: COMPLETELY TERRIFIED OF GETTING SHOTS OR INJECTIONS
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ SECRET: ALWAYS WISHED HE COULD'VE HAD A DIFFERENT FLAME TYPE
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ FEAR: PASSING AWAY ALONE, WITHOUT ANY IMPACT ON OTHERS

❛What about some clubs that you have joined or groups that you are a member of?

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ TRACK&FIELD: CAPTAIN
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ DISCIPLINARY COUNCIL: MEMBER

❛Quick! Before I end this interview, any last minute words?

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ " well, you never did tell me your name  ■↓LOOKS TO HER EXPECTANTLY. ) gotta know a friend's name for whenever i see you around again. or maybe it'll just stay a mystery?  ■↓TILTS HIS HEAD. IT'S AN INTERESTING IDEA, TO TRY AND GUESS AT IT INSTEAD OF BEING TOLD DIRECTLY, ONE HE THINKS HE'LL GO ALONG WITH. ) i'll figure it out next time. until then ~  ■↓LIFTS HIS HAND IN A LAZY WAVE. ) "

Timid Friend

• User Image
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《  THE MEASURE OF A MAN IS WHAT HE DOES WITH POWER: PLATO

✽ FLAME/WEAPON
                                                • ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉

lightning flames are also known as thunder flames and their characteristic is hardening. their abilities consist of hardening, protecting, and solidifying, making it a flame that is both defensive and offensive in the nature. in contrast to the storm flame, the center of offense, lightning is at the heart of the family’s defense.

elijah utilizes a ji ( 戟 ) incorporated into his fighting style. the ji is a halberd, a two-handed polearm formed of two curved blades topped with a spike mounted on a long shaft. the various components allow for slashing, hooking, and stabbing which makes the ji itself a versatile weapon when used efficiently. although the ji has fell out of style as a military weapon, it's still often used in chinese martial arts. elijah chose this weapon in particular as his grandmother used the same weapon; he found it easiest to use out of any weapon due to being her pupil.

✽ ANIMAL FAMILIAR
                                                • ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉

elijah's animal familiar, in contrast to the usual large animals of lightning-flame users, is a nine-banded armadillo who's the size of a house cat at best. he's affectionately given his familiar the name chief for her strong-willed personality. she goes about her own business, leaving and coming back at times of the night, and generally makes her own decisions; elijah rarely has to worry about her and always trusts chief to return to him when he needs her. in spite of how they both seem to do their own thing, they have a close bond evident when they are together. she keeps close to elijah, nestled in his lap or on his head, and nuzzles up to him from time to time. while it's difficult for her to warm up to other people, she'll ease up to them over time.

✽ MAIN ABILITY

lightning solidification is elijah's primary ability from which all his other attacks stem from. this ability focuses on control of the lightning flame, manipulating its form through the hardening attribute.

■ OFFENSIVE: LIGHTNING CONSTRUCTS
                                                  elijah hardens his lightning flames into a tangible form through the use of this ability. it can either be used to form direct constructs as makeshift weapons or the flames can channel through his halberd. soft lightning flames coat the halberd to act as a passive defense mechanism, shocking anyone who touches it or conducting the electricity through any metal that touches it, and can be shot out upon elijah's command. however, the flames can be solidified briefly into hard flames after being fired to act as an extension of the weapon.

■ DEFENSIVE: LIGHTNING BARRIERS
                                                  this ability solidifies a mass of lightning flames into platforms. the stability of the platform depends upon elijah's concentration. force-fields of lightning are easiest as it only requires concentration in the particular area where an attack strikes whereas solid platforms or barriers exhaust his energy from having to maintain the shape and form.

✽ SUB-ABILITIES

■ DEFENSIVE: ELECTRICAL EXOSKELETON
                                                  this passive ability coats elijah's body in lightning flames to both electrocute anyone or anything that touches him while also enhancing his physical strength and mental reflexes through nerve stimulation. although it greatly improves his fighting capabilities, elijah refrains from overusing this ability too often as it can "fry" his nerves which requires time for him to appropriately recover. elijah can also cover others in lightning flames to stimulate their strength, however he isn't exactly sure how to take it away yet.

■ OFFENSIVE: LIGHTNING BOLT DIRECTION
                                                  one of elijah's deadliest attacks, the sub-ability focuses on utilizing hard lightning flames to emulate real lightning. he can project these bolts from his hands, however it's a very lethal and volatile attack as the lightning bolts can reach tremendous temperatures and kinetic force, averaging over 50,000°C (5 times hotter than the surface of the sun) with at least one billion volts, moving at 1/1000th of a second. he can slightly regulate the voltage discharged and speed, but he stills needs to master the technique before being able to control the strength of it.

User Image
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《  EVERYBODY IS TALENTED BECAUSE EVERYBODY WHO IS HUMAN HAS SOMETHING TO EXPRESS: BRENDA UELAND

✽ TALENTS

■ TRILINGUAL
                                                  elijah can speak several different languages as a result of his background. hailing from the us yet growing up in a chinese-canadian family, he's most fluent in english as it was one of the first languages he learned. chinese came second after feeling pressured to keep up with his grandmother's pace who only ever spoke in the language. mandarin is the version of the language he's fluent in, however, he knows cantonese loosely. when invited to join vires academy in japan, he took up the challenge of learning japanese as well. he can speak well enough in the language to make his way around after three years of struggling through the country, but he isn't as fluent in it as he'd like to be. his accent still slips out from time to time as well which can leave him a bit flustered.

✽ OTHER

t'ai chi ch'uan ( 太極拳 ), more commonly referred to as t'ai chi, is elijah's official fighting style however he uses the chen variant of the martial art. this variant focuses on continuous, flowing movements of different speeds and bursts of power. although elijah is most familiar with the halberd form of t'ai chi, the weapon itself only acts as an extension of his body therefore, his movements differ very little even without the usage of his ji. t'ai chi in itself is a slow-paced martial art that follows the concept of not meeting force with force, but instead, following the motion of the attack and redirecting it; elijah's lightning flames allow for him to use the style's defensive capabilities to their fullest extent.

Timid Friend

• User Image
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《  THE MEETING OF TWO PERSONALITIES IS LIKE THE CONTACT OF TWO CHEMICAL SUBSTANCES; IF THERE IS ANY REACTION, BOTH ARE TRANSFORMED: C.G. JUNG

(  DON'T GIVE IT TO ME EASY            _____ I LIKE A LITTLE CHALLENGE!
                                                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                      :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

the adjective sky-user
                                                                           & ██NAMEHERE ❜

lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. in consequat augue id pretium ultrices. nulla scelerisque vehicula porta. phasellus suscipit bibendum augue, nec suscipit arcu malesuada nec. suspendisse gravida sem a vulputate lacinia. donec eu justo in risus vestibulum cursus. in vel odio nulla. class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. quisque mattis fringilla urna, sit amet ullamcorper risus ultrices nec. pellentesque consequat dignissim velit, a feugiat lorem rutrum at. sed vitae iaculis turpis. ut vestibulum urna et sollicitudin ornare.

( ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ )  ( ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ )  ( ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ )

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

User Image
                                                                        the reclusive sky-user
                                                                           & ██MAKOTOFUMIO ❜

makoto seems the type who'd get annoyed fast, but he turned out to be a chill guy. eccentric, but adorable too if you catch him in the right moment ~ more often than not, we usually end up finding our way around each other whether it's to lounge around together or to talk. it's just easy to relax with makoto. ironic how it's easiest to talk to the person who can't hear, right? but i can tell he pays close attention and i know i can count on him if i need to which is all i need really.

User Image
                                                                        the narcissistic sky-user
                                                                           & ██BARUCHTIELE ❜

lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. in consequat augue id pretium ultrices. nulla scelerisque vehicula porta. phasellus suscipit bibendum augue, nec suscipit arcu malesuada nec. suspendisse gravida sem a vulputate lacinia. donec eu justo in risus vestibulum cursus. in vel odio nulla. class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. quisque mattis fringilla urna, sit amet ullamcorper risus ultrices nec. pellentesque consequat dignissim velit, a feugiat lorem rutrum at. sed vitae iaculis turpis. ut vestibulum urna et sollicitudin ornare.

User Image
                                                                        the dedicated storm-user
                                                                           & ██THIERRYLAHAYE ❜

User Image
                                                                        the repressed storm-user
                                                                           & ██PASCALIBARAKI ❜

the reckless storm-user
                                                                           & ██TAVISHLYNCH ❜

the blase rain-user
                                                                           & ██GIOVANNISICACCIA ❜

User Image
                                                                        the serene rain-user
                                                                           & ██LUCASARTINO ❜

the effulgent rain-user
                                                                           & ██HAKUSEKISAKURABA ❜

the insolent sun-user
                                                                           & ██ITSUKIFUMIO ❜

the indomitable sun-user
                                                                           & ██GREGORYDOMINTANUS ❜

User Image
                                                                        the whimsical sun-user
                                                                           & ██EMYRVAUGHN ❜

User Image
                                                                        the languid cloud-user
                                                                           & ██SHOUHIMURA ❜

the adroit cloud-user
                                                                           & ██PAOLOGESATTI ❜

the irritable cloud-user
                                                                           & ██ADRIANOLABUE ❜

the snide lightning-user
                                                                           & ██CAEUSMONTRI ❜

the steadfast lightning-user
                                                                           & ██KAILIZHOU ❜

the playful mist-user
                                                                           & ██JUNTESSARO ❜

User Image
                                                                        the daydreamy mist-user
                                                                           & ██YUEZHENG ❜

the audacious mist-user
                                                                           & ██ELYSARON ❜

User Image
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《  FREEING YOURSELF WAS ONE THING, CLAIMING OWNERSHIP OF THAT FREE SELF WAS ANOTHER: TONI MORRISON

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

1ST STAGE: FRIENDSHIP.

(  ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ )  you're just one of the worst types of people, aren't ya?
                                                    ( ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ )  pain in the a**.
                                                    ( ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ )  i've seen you around, right?
                                                    ( ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ )  huh? you aren't all that bad, haha.
                                                    ( ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ )  let's walk together sometime. it's always calm with you.
                                                    ( ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ )  ride together, die together! i'll always have your back.

2ND STAGE: ATTRACTION.

(  ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ )  ugghh, my skin crawls when i look at ya.
                                                    ( ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ )  .. meh.
                                                    ( ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ )  you're alright. i'm just not into you is all.
                                                    ( ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ )  hmm, you're kinda cute.
                                                    ( ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ )  damn, didn't know we had models on campus.
                                                    ( ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ )  i actually wouldn't mind a night with you ... ~

3RD STAGE: ROMANCE.

(  ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ )  haha, i'd rather stab myself in the foot than be around you, to be quite honest.
                                                    ( ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ )  still not feeling it.
                                                    ( ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ )  i think we work best as just friends. catch my drift?
                                                    ( ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ )  there ... might be something there.
                                                    ( ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ )  `s weird. i've never had a crush on anyone before, but if you're the first ... i don't mind.
                                                    ( ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ )  if there's anyone i'm meant to be with, it's gotta be you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff