Welcome to Gaia! ::

iKaze Arashi's Husbando

Stellar Star

Hey look! I'm a lazy lit. - adv. lit roleplayer, depending on my prompt, the others in the roleplay, and my mood.

Listed here, I have various samples of my roleplaying prowess. I am advanced literate, though I'll roleplay with anyone who is literate and above. I can play both female and male parts (or anything in between!), with no preference.

I enjoy playing series-related roleplays that have something to do with fantasy or slice of life. I like to be familiar with the series, but it isn't necessary. I also enjoy original roleplays, typically fantasy related as well. Fantasy, medieval, "dungeons and dragons", Pokémon, Fairy Tail, My Hero Academia, mystery, dystopian, apocalyptic, and post-apocalyptic roleplays typically interest me as well.

If you're interested in roleplaying with me, feel free to send me a PM -- I'll roleplay in a guild or in the forums. I've never roleplayed over PM, but I would be open to doing so.

I'm fairly active, but I do, in fact, have a life. I am employed full time and my work will always come before Gaia. Other than work, I enjoy spending time with friends, reading, writing, drawing, designing things, and overall being a fairly social person.

Thanks for reading!

-Neptune

iKaze Arashi's Husbando

Stellar Star

Roleplays I'm interested in:

General Things
        - I only go for canon ships - anything noncanon is difficult for me to play
        - MxF // MxM // FxF // ??x?? all fine
        - Able to play all genders/sexualities/races/etc.
        - Native English speaker
        - Anime faceclaims preferred, real faceclaims okay
        - Smaller groups (< 8) preferred, larger groups okay
        - 1x1 okay
        - Lit./lazy lit./adv. lit. partners only
        - AU preferred (I don't like playing canon characters)
        - PM me if interested (DO NOT post in here)

Anime/Manga
        - My Hero Academia
        - Fairy Tale
        - Pokémon (main series, Mystery Dungeon, original regions all preferred, fakemon okay, non stat based preferred)
        - Assassination Classroom
        - Orange
        - Daganronpa

TV Shows/Movies/Series/Video Games
        - Harry Potter (no next gen. or Marauders, please - I'm a little tired of those RPs)
        - Sherlock
        - Bojack Horseman
        - Archer
        - Bob's Burgers
        - Undertale (I'm hesitant to add this but I do have interest in it. See above rule of ships)
        - Don't Starve (I have yet to see this roleplay anywhere but I'd love to see one)
        - Little Inferno (see above note)

Genres
        - Arranged Marriage
        - Action/Adventure
        - Mystery
        - Romance (I will not tolerate cybering)
        - Western
        - Slice of life
        - Suspense/horror (I'm not the best at writing it but would love practice)
        - ORIGINAL ROLEPLAYS ARE WONDERFUL

Current Roleplays (last updated: 12 Apr 2017)
        -Leading (prioritized)
          - Go Beyond! PLUS ULTRA! - A MHA Roleplay

- Active RPs (usually 1-3 posts/week)
          -

- Semi-active RPs (1-3 posts every 2-4 weeks)
          - Go Beyond! PLUS ULTRA! - A MHA Roleplay
          - ⌞DE GRATIA ⌝ ᴀᴄᴀᴅᴇᴍʏ o.a
          - : ↭ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ....ᴀᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛɪɴɢ
          - ♡.   ━━ Lovesick!」*c/a

- Hiatus (either definite or indefinite)
          - 𝔇𝔢𝔩𝔦𝔯𝔦𝔲𝔪 [o/a]
          - Ultra Danganronpa: The New Semester's Killing Game // Before Ultra Danganronpa
          - █║  𝑠𝑤𝑎𝑛 𝑙𝑎𝑘𝑒
          - T H E 𝕯𝖊𝖛𝖎𝖑 H U N T E R ' S
          - ⊰beforethe❀wilts
          - Pokémon: Mysteries of the Moon
          - мтv's яєαℓ ωσяℓם
          - ✪--■ aetiaros
          - ██ ❧ COURT OF SEASONS
          - Out Of Our Element

iKaze Arashi's Husbando

Stellar Star

Roleplay Sample - Entry Sample of [ROLEPLAY NOT FOUND]
ORIGINALLY POSTED 05 JAN 2013;; 1222 WORDS

Marketplace bustling as usual, Iren passed silently through the crowds. He searched for a specific merchant, though between the peasants selling their farms to provide their families with food to last the upcoming winter and the buyers greedily inspecting the offered goods, this particular person became rather difficult to find. The elf grew increasingly frustrated as he tried to no avail to find his friend, and it seemed as though the masses flooded Ironvale streets quicker when Iren's temper started to rise. He turned sideways in order to slip between two lines and found himself in the midst of yet another group.

The shopkeeper appeared to be less of a shopkeeper and more of an instigator, in Iren's opinion. Instead of leaning on a cloth-covered booth, she perched herself precariously on a crudely crafted wooden crate. The woman herself looked to be made of twigs; her flesh clung stubbornly to her bones, and Iren thought she looked more a beggar, a recently released prisoner, an outcast among the typically well-fed merchants. While most cowered under tents that kept the autumn wind from disrupting their products, this peculiar woman stood in the daylight, eyes bulging with excitement, a knobby finger raised to the heavens as she preached her nonsense. Iren shook his head and began to make his way through the streets once more before the woman's words caught his attention.

"-- Dragonkin must have surely had an egg to call their own, though, don't you think?" Iren shifted his eyes and, sure enough, the woman's pupils met his own. As she held his gaze for a brief moment, Iren couldn't help but notice the woman in closer detail. Though she dressed as nothing more than a peddler, certainly there was something more about this woman. However, try as Iren must, he could not identify her. She was neither elvish nor human, orc nor goblin. Her race wasn't his only question: what about the woman's eyes? As she peered at Iren, surely they were a vibrant silver, yet as her face turned to the crowd, Iren swore her eyes were a simple brown.

Her maps appealed to him as well; what if what she said wasn't nonsense? What if it were true, this second dragon egg? Every child of this kingdom and the next kingdom over knew of the Dragonkin and their final egg. However, Iren had yet to hear a story about a second dragon egg, much less from a woman who obviously had more knowledge than the common storyteller. Compulsively, Iren dropped a few coins in her cup. Immediately, the woman turned to him. "Oh, you will buy a map, kind sir?" Iren nodded stiffly, and the woman's lips opened to a toothy grin. Iren couldn't help but notice multiple holes where teeth once sat, and the remaining were colored almost a mossy green. "Right away, sir!" she exclaimed, hopping from her perch and landing much more gracefully than Iren expected. She trotted over to her selection of maps, pulled a piece of the aged parchment from the rack, and returned to Iren, fists rolling the paper nimbly. She slipped a small leather band around the purchase and handed it to Iren. "Use it wisely," she rasped. Her breath stunk of rotting fish, and Iren received another look at her eyes before she leaped back to her crate and echoed her earlier speech.

As Iren searched the crowd once more for his merchant friend, his mind couldn't help but stray to the map. He had failed to get a good observation of the drawing, and now he started to regret doing so. What if the map held nothing more than a few childish doodles, and the woman merely had a way with words? What if it was of a different country entirely? But what if, his mind countered, ever curious, the map really does lead to the lost dragon egg? Or it holds the key to discovering the rest of the dragon eggs? Iren's kind oftentimes referred to the Dragonkin as a tricky, misleading race -- more than once, they had been known to fool the elves into believing they held one of these rare eggs, when it really was nothing more than a rock decorated by magic. Who was to say there remained only one egg, and not two, or ten, or hundreds? "Ah, Iren!" the elf's friend called, waving a stubby hand over the people. Ponderings interrupted, Iren bowed through the crowds and greeted his friend. The dwarf-like merchant welcomed Iren into his tent and closed the curtains.

"So, Iren, what brings ye ter Ir'nvale?" the man asked, his accent catching Iren off-guard as usual. The merchant, Hirvin, folded thick fingers, knuckles caked with dark dirt. Iren found the man pleasant, trustworthy, and he also knew a little about everything, not to mention an exceptionally talented swordscrafter. Although elves were often thought of as wise, Iren knew all too well that they got caught up in the past easily and usually missed recent events. The elf gave Hirvin a gentle smile before answering. "Official business, Hirvin. By order of Her Majesty," By mentioning royalty, Hirvin's mind flew to the queen of Northland. However, the man soon realized Iren meant the elf queen rather than the royal family. Once Hirvin jerked his head in understanding, Iren continued. "Though I couldn't help but find you in this mess; I need my sword balance checked, if you wouldn't mind."

Hirvin grinned, eager for business and a chat with his companion. "Ah, o' course! Anythin' fer ye, Iren!" The elf slid the blade from its scabbard and handed it to the merchant, who immediately started to examine the weapon. The well-trained eye of Hirvin soon recognized the problem, selected a tool from his belt, and adjusted the sword. Meanwhile, Iren couldn't help but peel open the map. Hirvin, though deep in his work, noticed the parchment. "Aye, ye git that from Missus Weizburl, down th' way?" He nodded in the scrawny woman's direction, and Iren grunted affirmatively. "Can't say I'm too fond o' her. Always yabberin' on abou' this 'n' that. Think th' woman would learn to shuddup now 'n' then, but nope! Just keeps righ' on talkin' abou' eggs, 'n' whatnot." Iren tuned out his friend to get a first look at the map. The parchment, though aged, felt surprisingly sturdy. Iren knew a fair few parchment papers, though for some reason he found it difficult to place this one. The map itself was indeed of the continent, but still something felt off.

"Well, that's done!" Hirvin exclaimed a few minutes later, presenting the blade to its master. Iren rolled up his map and accepted the sword. As usual, his friend had done an excellent job. He thrust an invisible enemy, threw it in a small arc, and caught the handle. He broke out into a grin. "Thank you, Hirvin." After sheathing the sword, he gave Hirvin a generous payment and left the tent, promising his friend supper after the marketplace closed for the evening. However, seeing the map gave Iren a familiar feeling, though the sensation felt odd due to its extended absence. For some reason, the map called to him, instructed him to follow it, decode it, discover its secrets. I'll sleep on it, he reasoned, and disappeared through the cobblestone streets.

iKaze Arashi's Husbando

Stellar Star

Roleplay Sample - Entry Sample of [ROLEPLAY NOT FOUND]
ORIGINALLY POSTED 06 JAN 2013;; 1902 WORDS

The west wind whistled through Aria's blonde hair, creeping through her lightweight hood and threatening to push her backwards. Luckily for the petite woman, the wind blew softer today than it did most days, and so she dared to venture outside to do her errands. She had already been to the marketplace, and the few fruits, breads, and cheeses in her basket showed both her social standing in the community as well as her pocketbook. The woman closed a palm over her head and made her way through the streets, not daring to look up. She had two more places to visit before the weather changed, and she didn't want to cause any trouble.

Her first stop was the post office. She pushed aside the skin that served as the door and ducked inside the darkened stone building. At the counter, a man stood patiently, skimming through the files as though he was either looking for something or wasting time. Aria cautiously approached the counter. "Excuse me, sir, may I please --"

"Top o' the morning to you, Jarvis!" A large, burly man whose beard took up most of his face stood in the doorway. The light from outside made him look rather dark and intimidating, so Aria felt almost afraid as he entered the room, beaming eagerly from ear to ear. He strutted to the counter and, had Aria remained in her spot, she would have been shoved aside by the massive man. Instead, she had retreated to a corner, her back pressed against some barrels. The man at the counter, Jarvis, promptly switched his attention from Aria to the newcomer. "Ah, Stevenson! I've been meaning to ask you about..."

The girl tuned out the conversation; she could care less about Stevenson's farm or the current shopkeeper excitement or even about which royal figure was rumored to visit the village next week. However, she felt injured, almost like the little child who ran too quickly, skinned his knees, and then turned around to find his mother lost in the crowds. She always felt like this: insulted, inferior, a rude being of the human race. Of course, it was not her place to speak up. She was a lady with her obvious sins. What little standing she had in society had been completely destroyed over a year ago, and she knew she simply had to close her mouth, back away, and know her place.

"...why the cows have been so damned dry?" Jarvis finished, and both men laughed enthusiastically. "Ah, Jarvis, y'know always how to spell it out!" Stevenson exclaimed, and their boisterous laughter filled the room again. Jarvis placed a large crate on the counter, which Stevenson accepted. He hoisted it over his shoulder and gave another chuckle before waving to the counterman, belching, and leaving the building. Aria crept forward as Jarvis returned to his filing.

She was silent for almost a complete moment before Jarvis looked up at her. His expression spelled out his feelings for the woman: distrust, disapproval. Aria almost found herself cowering once more by the barrels, but she hoped to return to her home quickly. In order to do so, she had to make sure she had no post. "S... sir, do you know if there is any mail for an Aria Glandaur?" she asked timidly. Her voice trembled, and the girl had to use all her willpower in order to keep her hands steady.

Jarvis grunted before turning to search through the large pile of post. "Glandaur... glandaur... grandeur.... grandis...." he muttered, his skillful fingers flipping through the envelopes. Aria bit her lip; though she wanted to remind the man of her name, she felt it would be rude to do so. The girl waited patiently, praying that he would remember her name and she would receive her proper mail. That is, if she had any letters. Most of her family either had passed away or refused to speak with her. She didn't have any lovers to speak of, and the only man she could think of who should speak with her lived in the same town, avoided meeting her eye, and laughed loudly when she was the butt of a joke.

Finally, the man pulled a single letter from the pile and handed it to her. "Gland-err, right?" he asked, and Aria found herself not knowing if he mispronounced her surname intentionally or mistakenly. After glancing at the tidy scrawl, she recognized her name. "Thank you, s-sir," she stuttered, and gave a small curtsey before dropping the letter in her too-empty basket, gathered up her skirts, and exited.

Intrigued by the letter, Aria made her way to an alley and pressed her back against the wall. The alley she had chosen smelled suspiciously of sewage, and she was afraid to explore much further than the few steps off the main street. She stared once more at the handwriting. It looked unlike that of any relatives', and when she examined the envelope more closely, she realized the author had not put a note stating his or her identity. The girl placed her finger under the seal and tore it gently, wondering if this was some kind of a mistake. She set the empty envelope in her basket and unfolded the letter, which revealed more of the same lettering.

Dear Aria,
I am certain that you are wondering whether or not this letter was intended for you. Yes, my dear, you are indeed the correct recipient; I promise I have not made any mistake in selecting you, or any of the others I have chosen for this task.

As you know, the Dragonkin of ages past had in their possession a single dragon egg, that now remains lost to today's current races. Many have tried and failed to find this artifact. Now, it is my turn. I am assembling a group of the finest skillsman: warriors, hunters, thieves, fighters, healers. These members, if they so choose, will go on a journey to find and return this lost dragon egg.

You will be greatly rewarded if you can locate and safely return the egg to an undisclosed location. Should you accept, you may find me in Eruna. Please forgive my secrecy... This is a matter of dire importance, and could mean terrible consequence, should word be held in the wrong hands or heard by the wrong ears. I need to know if there are people who I can trust.

The letter was signed "A mysterious benefactor", and although the letter stated Aria was chosen properly, she immediately began to question it. What skills do I have? What can I contribute to this group? Why was I chosen? These questions and many more raced through her head, including one that was much more urgent: What about Demetrius?

Upon her child's name reaching her mind, she stuffed the letter back in her basket and, head down, returned to the streets. She shuffled through the crowd, determined to finish her final errand. Now, the weather was not on her mind so much as time. She needed to make her curfew.

As Aria rounded the corner, she almost flew to the all-too-familiar door. She knocked twice on its wood, and the seconds inched by before a woman opened the door. "Oh, it's just you," she said sourly, her face distorted by her displeasure. Aria felt her eyes almost tearing up in despair. "Please, can I see my baby?"

The woman rolled her eyes. "For five minutes. I'm busy making dinner, and don't expect to be invited to stay for any. I'm having enough trouble feeding my own family, not to mention your little --"

Aria pushed past the woman, eager to see Demetrius. She twisted through the house, which was much larger than her own but felt almost as familiar, and came to a wooden crib. Inside, her little baby boy slept. Just the child's face brought joy to the woman, and Aria felt her eyes grow hot with tears. Her heart felt swollen, not with pain, but with love for her son. She stroked his warm cheek, smiling. "Hello there. Did you miss me?" she asked quietly. Had he not been sleeping, Aria would have picked him up, held him close, let him know that he was loved.

The woman from before now stood in the doorway. "Pay me what's due, and then you can spend time with him." Her voice reminded Aria of that cat that kept waking her up in the middle of the night, yowling for who knew what. The girl pulled her small leather bag from her basket, opened it, and pulled out the final few coins. "Th-this should be enough for the next few months."

An eyebrow popped up. "Months? Why, you must've made a fortune somewhere. Tell me, what'd you have to sell?" The woman gave Aria a knowing look before continuing. "Why're you paying me up front, anyway? Going somewhere? You know I'll throw him out onto the streets if you don't pay me."

Aria nodded. "I believe -- I think -- I might be going on a journey." She glanced over at the sleeping child. "I... I figured I needed to say goodbye for a little while."

Shaking her head, the woman pocketed the coins before leaving the room. Aria returned to her spot by the crib, and she leaned over to kiss her child. "Don't worry, I'll be back. And I'll be able to care for you... for both of us." She stayed a while longer, silently watching the sleeping boy, before the caretaker came and forced the mother out of the room. Aria left the house quickly and walked the roads back to her own abode. All the while, the letter's words ran through her mind. Promised riches, safety for herself and for Demetrius... Aria's only problem was that she was a pacifist. She did not know how to fight. Instead, she had studied herbs and medicines and potions for years. Though she knew she could survive in the wilderness, if there was something as highly sought after as the dragon egg, she would need to know how to protect herself.

And what of these other members of the group, anyway? What skills did they possess? And what would they think of her... a healer, a lady, a woman with a child and no husband? A lady so poor she could barely pay to give her son housing and food, never mind food for herself. And yet, she kept remembering the letter. If she were to receive such payment, she could buy enough to at least provide for her son, if not take him back and raise him herself.

With that on her mind, she entered her house and immediately began gathering her things. Her herbs, her notes, her potion-making ingredients. She had a single sack, rough and worn around the edges, but it would have to make do until she could purchase another. The final thing she brought was the letter. You may find me in Eruna. Maybe she could actually meet this mysterious benefactor, and discuss payment upon the egg's arrival. If this person had enough money to find such skillful people, maybe he or she wouldn't mind helping out Aria.

Aria packed as many provisions as would fit in her bag, ate a small piece of bread for her dinner, and went to sleep with Demetrius's future on her mind.

iKaze Arashi's Husbando

Stellar Star

Roleplay Sample - Entry Sample of Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP
ORIGINALLY POSTED 08 JAN 2013;; 1247 WORDS

Having patiently stalled in the local Pokemon Center for hours on end, Alyx couldn't help but feel adrenaline rush through her veins as the shadows slowly extended and the sun disappeared behind the buildings. Twilight was her favorite time of the day, and the time when she felt the most confident in her skills. It was a time of calm, a time of mystery... and a time for goons, as a too-young-to-be-bad teen crossed in front of the window. He was in a dark blue hoodie, his hands shoved deep in the sweatshirt's pockets. His hood was up, concealing his face. So, what made it so Alyx could recognize him as a member? In the upper right shoulder of the hoodie, there was a small emblem, specifically mentioned by the leader before she was assigned her first mission.

Alyx watched at the window, waiting until that familiar swoosh! of doors occurred, when she could slip outside unnoticed by the man. He was standing a few feet away, near a mailbox that was positioned exactly between two streetlights so he appeared to be almost a shadow himself. The girl rolled the Pokeball in her hands, her heart fluttering. She was ready. She was prepared.

A small bell jingled against the door, and Alyx strode toward the automatic doors. She had to get there before they closed so as not to make it obvious she was leaving. She wasn't overly familiar with Goldenrod, and she prayed the element of surprise be on her side this evening.

The cool air felt refreshing compared to the increasingly stuffy air in the Pokemon hospital. Alyx allowed herself a few seconds to inhale the chilly oxygen and felt an invisible finger creep down her spine. She shivered to rid herself of the experience, but she felt odd all the same. The member still stood by the mailbox. In the time that it had taken Alyx to exit, he had pulled out a cigarette and a lighter, and from her position Alyx saw one spark, two, then a small flame followed by the gentle orange glow of the nicotine stick.

As she (nonchalantly, she hoped) strolled down the street, she finally heard the teen's voice for the first time: "Little late to be wandering around the city, isn't it? You should be getting home."

Frowning slightly, Alyx turned to realize the teenager had approached her. He had jaywalked across the asphalt, and now he stood opposite her. The sickly-sweet smell of the smoke surrounded him, and as he took another drag on his cigarette and exhaled, the smoke snaked around him, blown into a beautiful pattern by the breeze. It gave him an intimidating appearance, like a distant figure in the fog.

For the first time, Alyx felt slightly afraid. "I... I was just.... --"

"Cut the crap. I know what you were doing," the boy interjected. He paused for dramatic effect, inhaling nicotine and then puffing out a smoke ring towards Alyx. The girl coughed and her eyes watered, rejecting the irritation. "They've sent you after the gang before. Don't act like I'm unprepared." The teen smirked. "I'll let you in on a little secret."

Alyx looked up at him, unsure of whether or not to trust him. She gave him a look. Go on.

"They haven't managed to snag my Pokemon yet." Acting quickly, the boy threw his Pokeball into the air, where it spun twice, hung suspended for a few seconds, then popped open. A white bolt fell to the ground, taking the shape of a Pokemon. The boy caught his Pokeball and looked at Alyx smugly.

Alyx glanced at the Pokemon. It was a small fire type, bipedal, and reminded the girl a little of a tyrannosaurus. A small flame perched on its tail, fluttering in the breeze. It was her turn to release her Pokemon now, and she tossed her own capsule into the air. A brown, whiskered rat appeared from her Pokeball, its tail whipping back and forth. Alyx could tell the Pokemon was eager to battle.

The member of the gang gave Alyx a half-grin; obviously, he didn't consider her Pokemon to be much of a threat. "Ladies first," he invited, gesturing with his free hand.

"Funny, I was about to say the same thing." Alyx's eyes flashed down to her Raticate, to the boy's Charmander, then to the boy himself. Her mind raced, matching the pace her heartbeat set. "Raticate, Super Fang, now!"

"Raticate!" The Pokemon lunged for the Charmander, locking its jaws down on the fire Pokemon's midsection. Its fangs pierced the fire lizard's skin, and Alyx saw her borrowed Pokemon draw blood.

The member of the gang didn't react. He didn't panic. There was a reason he'd beaten down these new recruits earlier, and he planned to do the same to this one. "Flamethrower, Charmander."

The fire Pokemon opened its mouth and flames erupted from between its teeth, effectively scorching the normal-type Pokemon and sending it spiraling off and back towards Alyx. An angry growl rose from the Raticate's throat and it snapped its teeth in response to the Charmander's attack.

New plan of attack, then, Alyx realized. She couldn't send Raticate diving in head-first again; the Pokemon would just get hit with another Flamethrower, and with a repeat performance, Raticate would be out of the battle. She needed to think outside the box.

"Raticate, Quick Attack, then get out of there."

Responding to the barked order, the Raticate sped towards the fire newt, its position indeterminable by the human eye. The only indication the Pokemon gave to a successful attack was when the Charmander suddenly flew backwards.

The boy nodded slightly. "Counter it with a Scratch attack."

This was what Alyx needed. She watched as the fire Pokemon raised a shining hand and ran toward her Raticate. She waited, ever patient, keeping her mind in the game and only in the game. Finally, the Charmander drew close enough for her to utter her command: "Sucker Punch."

Raticate went to work. It spun around and slammed its long, snake-like tail into the Charmander, sending it recoiling backwards. Wasting no time, Alyx ordered her Pokemon once more. "Finish it off, Raticate. Bite."

The normal-type Pokemon chased after the fire Pokemon, snapping down on its tail with its sharp teeth. The fire Pokemon's eyes bulged in pain, and Alyx had to stifle a giggle; the Pokemon looked ridiculous, and its trainer seemed to be sporting the same look.

She was almost done with her mission. Now came the capturing. She ensured that the Snag Machine device was indeed attached to the Pokeball, and she launched the capsule toward the Charmander. The Pokeball tapped the fire type on the head and sucked it inside. The Pokeball clicked closed and shook a few times before beeping to signal a complete capture. Raticate retrieved the Pokeball and took it back to Alyx. She returned the Raticate to its Pokeball and allowed herself a brief moment to give the opposing trainer a look. That's right. I just beat you at your own game.

The trainer seemed frozen. His cigarette lay on the ground, forgotten. His mouth gaped, his fingers jerked, and his right eye seemed to have developed a twitch. Alyx nodded; the boy seemed to have learned his lesson. "Might want to move, otherwise your face could freeze like that." And, with that, she pocketed her two Pokeballs and took off at a brisk pace toward the Goldenrod Train Station.

iKaze Arashi's Husbando

Stellar Star

Roleplay Sample - First post of My Hero Academia: The Day Has Come
ORIGINALLY POSTED 14 SEP 2016;; 1365 WORDS

No no no no no no no! The girl knew she was late -- that was just how the day was going -- but she'd always thought she'd be able to make up for it somewhere along the line.

She'd started off her day excited as ever. She was moving into her dorm at U.A.! She was ready to start her life as a hero-in-training, before setting off to save the universe! Hopes high and aspirations airborne as always, Hoshiko leaped out of her bed at her parents' house bright and early. She'd hardly been able to sleep, and it was a relief when her alarm finally went off and she could put her extra energy to good use. Unfortunately, the movers showed up an hour late. "Couldn't they have just been on time?" she mumbled to herself as the company moved to and from her room. She didn't even have that much stuff, she just wasn't the best at packing efficiently, and more than once she had to open up one of the boxes to ensure she'd packed what she needed. The overall process took a half hour longer than Hoshiko had planned, and while her parents kept telling her to calm down, she could do little to let her nerves relax.

Then there was the traffic. Oh, the traffic. She knew it'd be there, there was never any relief from the busy buzz of downtown Tokyo, but that didn't mean she wasn't anxiously drumming her fingers on the dashboard of the car the entire ride through the stop and go of downtown. She'd allotted for a thirty minute delay, but Hoshiko managed to eat up that time thanks to her incessant insecurities. Once they'd finally reached the academy, she was a full two hours behind her original plan.

Lucky for Hoshiko, she'd planned to arrive an hour early. That still put her an hour behind schedule, and as she assisted the movers in their trek to and from her fourth floor dorm room, she couldn't help but compulsively check her watch. Why oh why didn't I choose to move in a day early? she cursed silently. As the minutes ticked by, she became more and more anxious. Finally, finally, finally, the movers transported the last box to her room. She gave a quick thanks before tearing into the first box of clothes, upon which she found her school uniform. Checking her watch, she saw she was already five minutes late for her first class. She grimaced before making a snap decision. She was at U.A.... she could use her Quirk freely now, right...? And it wasn't like they'd be using their Quirks straight away... right...?

"I call upon the power of Mercury!" she said with determination, and felt the familiar rush of power through her bones. Without wasting a second, she tapped her side to check for her keys and ID, then bolted out the door, letting it slam closed behind her. She felt Mercury's full power coursing through her veins, and her skin felt hot to the touch. Her heightened speed made her lose her breath for a second; much as she enjoyed running as fast as (in)humanly possible, she had yet to get the hang of holding her breath before taking off.

She also had yet to look at a map of the building, and before long she found herself lost. s**t! she thought, zipping from building to building. Rather than going inside, she peered through the windows at the classroom numbers. The entire time, she kept questioning herself. Certainly Mercury was the right choice here, yes? ...3-D... But what if they test us over our Quirks? No, they wouldn't do that, not right off the bat, would they? ...2-F... But this is U.A., so wouldn't it be obvious if they tested us over our Quirks? ...1-A... No, they did that in the entrance exam, so surely they've already seen them...! ...Wait, did that classroom just say 1-A?! Feeling her seconds waning, she peeled through the door to the building and grasped the brass handle of the classroom. She gave it a twist before bursting through the door exclaiming "I'm sorry, sensei, but I -- !" before realizing the classroom was empty.

She paused. Surely this was the correct classroom, right? She glanced at the papers on the podium at the front of the class, noted the padlocked doughnuts on the table and the number of desks in the classroom. She made her way behind what surely was the teacher's desk, feeling concerned she was in the wrong classroom, and noted that her name was indeed on the class roster. Perhaps she had shown up a day early anyway? But then why was the classroom unlocked? Or maybe this was all a horrible nightmare, and she was to wake up in a minute or two still in her parents' house?

It was then she checked the door once more. There was a note there, written in sharp but clear lettering: We have gone to the Field. If other members of this year's class 1-A show up, please join us for your first test.

Cursing her bad luck, Hishiko took off once more and made it to the girl's locker room before feeling Mercury fading from her. She grimaced. She hadn't had the time to bring her gym clothes to the locker room, but she knew she needed to be dressed appropriately. I suppose a less-prepared version of me is better than one who isn't prepared at all. Biting her pride, Hishiko selected the least-stained, best-smelling gym clothes from the spare gym kits (though the set she chose still had odd-colored pit stains and smelled vaguely of tomato juice and mildew) and changed into them. They looked worse on her slim figure than she'd hoped. The shirt was a touch too small on her and clung to her chest tighter than she would have liked. The shorts kept riding up as well, which could have been worse as they prevented her from fully revealing her midriff. She hated the feeling of someone else's sweat on her body, but it was better than looking like she had never taken a gym class before. With the prospect of a shower as soon as possible, Hoshiko made her way to the Field, steeling what little determination and confidence she had left at this point.

She was taken aback by the sight she happened upon. A man clearly older than the others stood in the middle of the field, and Hoshiko could only assume he was the class's teacher. Others stood around him -- her classmates, Hoshiko presumed -- but he didn't seem interested in them for the time being. One student, a boy with -- were those bull horns?! -- stood off to the side, looking slightly off balance. Hoshiko noticed the teacher toss a dark jacket towards a bush for reasons that she could not quite place. Should I apologize...? No, he already knows I'm late; I mean, how could he not? I can count the students present on both hands, unless there's a high number of students with Invisibility Quirks? But what if I don't apologize and he thinks I'm rude? Wouldn't that be a way to start off the school year, late and rude and -- Hishiko's thoughts stopped dead in their tracks. She glanced at her watch, dreading the knowledge that had just dawned on her. I can't use Call of Planets for another ten minutes! She groaned and brought her hand to her face, trying to hide her obvious shame behind her digits. She needed to stall for ten minutes if she wanted to be able to properly showcase her Quirk. She shuffled her feet, then stopped, feeling she needed to remain quiet in order to stay as inconspicuous as a late girl possibly could.

She heard the teacher call for the next two students, and she looked up. She had a chance to let herself recover. If she didn't go in the next round, she might be able to gather up enough time to be able to show off her Quirk better. She'd already embarrassed herself enough today, and she couldn't bare to continue making a bad impression.

iKaze Arashi's Husbando

Stellar Star

Roleplay Sample - First post of Out Of Our Element
ORIGINALLY POSTED 14 SEP 2016;; 767 WORDS

Cyril awoke early in an unfamiliar bed. He'd shown up late in the evening the day prior, and had avoided most of the others before he went to sleep. He'd felt restless, despite the travel tiring him out. He'd never slept well in a new environment, and he hoped he'd adjust soon. The prince turned over and spotted his raven familiar perched on the windowsill, and he could see the grey of dawn peeking through the glass. He'd never wanted to lock up his raven, and she much preferred the freedom at night as well.

He sat up, running a hand through his hair and readjusting his night shirt. Usually, he'd have a servant nearby who could bring clothes or a bathrobe as needed, but no one in the castle knew Cyril's schedule yet, so the room was quieter than the prince was used to in the morning. He'd have to be certain to inform the staff of that later today. For the time being, he was on his own.

The prince decided to explore the castle. He had arrived too late to justify exploring the night before, and his mind itched uncomfortably when he didn't know the ins and outs of a place. He dressed himself smartly and buckled his cloak around his neck, doing the top latch but leaving the rest open. As a final thought, he attached a small knife under his shirt, being certain to hide the weapon under the fabric. He doubted he'd need it, but he'd rather be safe than dead.

Moving swiftly but quietly, Cyril stepped inside, with Whisper in close pursuit of her master. The large door to his room closed silently behind him. He gave a curt nod to a passing servant and looked around the hall. The gods certainly chose a picturesque castle, he thought. He'd missed the color of the stained glass windows, having arrived after sunset. They were well kept and spotless, and the deep red carpeting captured echoes of their images thanks to the sun. Gold framed paintings hung majestically from the walls, and Cyril couldn't help but breathe a little quieter every time he passed one. Even Whisper seemed to be in awe of the building as she flew silently behind the prince.

From there, the prince chose to explore the first floor and work his way to the top of the castle, taking mental note of the darkest corners, the largest pillars, and the most advantageous viewpoints. He sent Whisper off on her own to explore the second floor and to report back when she was finished. His familiar screeched, then took flight, her black form rounding the corner before disappearing from Cyril's sight. Each corner the prince turned, he saw servants hurrying from room to room, carrying various linens, pitchers of heavenly drinks, and trays of more food than Cyril thought necessary. The scent of delicious food wafted through the air, and his stomach turned in hunger. He hadn't had much to eat before leaving for the god's castle. Before he knew it, he found himself following his stomach to the kitchen, then following a servant to the dining room.

The dining room was filled with a long table set with fine silver plates and delicate china. He could tell that the utensils had been well polished the night before, as they glimmered in the light. One wall was entirely glass and displayed a magnificent view of a courtyard; not even a fingerprint interrupted the view. The other had many bookcases, packed with all sorts of scrolls and texts, and the bookcases were separated by various flora in jewel-encrusted vessels. Whisper was already present in the dining room, and she relayed her information to the prince while perched on the back of a chair. He gave a nod of thanks, but did not take a seat or load his plate with food. Hungry as he was, he wasn't about to eat some strange food, even if it did come from the gods. He wasn't about to predict their plan, and he'd learned enough about poisons from his mother. Instead, he chose to browse the bookshelves in the room. After some thought, he selected a book titled A Studie of Magicks and chose a comfortable armchair in the corner. He paged through the book, caring little for the contents and instead seemed more focused on keeping his eyes glancing around the room. His raven soared from a table chair to Cyril's armchair and perched on the arm. The bird began preening her feathers and waited patiently for her master to do something.

iKaze Arashi's Husbando

Stellar Star

Roleplay Sample - First post of T H E 𝕯𝖊𝖛𝖎𝖑 H U N T E R ' S
ORIGINALLY POSTED 2 OCT 2016;; 1377 WORDS

The dawn was all that accompanied Akio as he made his way to the gym. He liked to keep his life fairly scheduled; perhaps that was habit from before he died, or maybe he felt as though by scheduling what little free time he had, he could keep the rest of his life under control. As if, he thought pessimistically as he entered the building. He always tried to build cardio during his workouts as well as perform a variety of strength-building exercises. He started his workout with a brisk run around the track at the gym, followed by utilizing various machines to further build his muscles. He finished with a spar against a punching bag. While the sack of sand was rather poor at dodging which made it rather predictable, it gave Akio the satisfying feeling of knuckles against something solid resulting in the bag swinging wildly. He then took a hot shower. He had work next, and figured his coworkers would appreciate it if he didn't show up smelling of sweat. Not to mention, if he showered at the gym, he could save a bit of money here and there. Six Shinigami all bathing under one roof built up a hefty water bill, so if he was going to pay for a gym membership, he was going to utilize it to its fullest extent. He ran his arms over his muscled arms, and he had to appreciate how much bulk he'd been able to build up over the past few months they'd been awake. All the Shinigami excluding Michura had been asleep for years, and what strength he'd built up from when he was first resurrected had faded. As soon as he'd learned the Shinigami were being called upon once again to lend a hand to the human race, he'd started doing what he could to build up strength once more. As leader of the Shinigami, Akio felt obligated to provide a certain physical appearance. The humans wanted a hero to protect them from the devils, and Akio and the rest of the Shinigami were there to provide that glimpse of hope, even though no human knew what their heroes looked like, or even that they had a team of heroes fighting to protect them. Aside from desiring strength to fight the demons and providing a certain heroic image for the humans, Akio had his own reasons for building up strength. He had a certain demon to kill, if he could ever track the damned thing down. It was stronger than him the last time he encountered it, and he couldn't fail to bring the creature to justice. Not again.

Finished with his workout and having showered, Akio dressed himself in his clothes: a pair of dark slacks (easy to move in and well-made to prevent wear from daily use), tall boots (he left his slacks untucked for now), and his black and grey work t-shirt. He'd left his coat at home; he'd realized early on in his resurrection that he'd attracted quite a bit of attention when he wore it, and while it was already tough to blend in with hair white as the moon when the majority of the population had brown or black hair, it was quite a bit more difficult when you were also wearing a brilliant blue jacket, chain mail, a dark black shirt, and tucked your slacks into your knee-high brown boots. Add a katana and you transformed from an "enthusiastic cosplayer" (whatever that meant) to "a threat to the general public excuse me sir what are you doing please drop your weapon" (Akio was thankful Kotone was around to help him get out of that one). Once Akio was dressed in his work attire, he ran a hand through his still-wet hair, grabbed his gym bag, and gave a nod to the attendant as he left the establishment. He worked a full shift today, assuming someone didn't call in sick fifteen minutes before they started again, and he figured he may as well schedule someone to have lunch with. The simple building the Shinigami called home was on his way anyway.

After a brief walk, Akio approached a basic apartment complex. From the outside, it was fairly unassuming, which was precisely why they'd chosen to camp there for the time being. It wasn't glamorous, but it was out of the way, and it was certainly warmer than their previous camp thanks to the glass in the windows. Few humans passed through the neighborhood as well, giving the demons little reason to scout it out. Nevertheless, he was always cautious around it. If the demons spotted them entering and exiting the building on a regular basis, it'd be far too easy to ambush them. They'd been there for a few weeks already, and Akio already was scouting out other base options. As a guerrilla band of warriors, they were fairly effective against the demons, but with their numbers quickly growing, Akio couldn't be certain they'd be able to hold their own if taken by surprise by a few of the stronger hellspawn. Once he'd verified he was alone, Akio slipped inside the building and climbed the stairwell to their room. He opened the door and stepped inside the unadorned room. They'd kept the decor fairly simple; one of the side effects of moving base a lot was few personal possessions. The spots each Shinigami had claimed for their bedrooms were silent, so Akio could only assume that they had left or were still sleeping. Wishing not to wake them, Akio scribbled a simple note on a piece of paper -- Lunch? I have a break at 12:30 -- and slipped the parchment under Kotone's door. While he cared for the other Shinigami, Kotone was special. She and Akio knew each other before they died. While he knew the others were loyal to the group's cause and all had their reasons for rising once more, Akio trusted Kotone above all others. There was a reason he'd chosen her to act as his second-in-command. With that, he exited the establishment and made his way to work.

"Welcome to McDonalds, will this be breakfast or lunch today?" Akio's feigned pleasantries rang over the intercom. He'd gotten stuck working the drive-thru window today, just his luck. He usually worked as a line chef, which was certainly his preferred position. It was the one he was hired for, not to mention having to sound cheery for hours straight was particularly tiring. He also never liked dealing with customers. For every decent patron, there were about fifteen bad ones, being indecisive or picky with their order or pushy or just flat out rude. It took every ounce of Akio's willpower to keep him calm, and given his temper and general hot-headed attitude, he'd come close to snapping at them more than once when he was working the job. The few things keeping him sane were the paycheck at the end of every fortnight (rather important to keep the Shinigami alive -- even if they left their current apartment, they still needed to have enough money on them to eat), taking his anger out on demons when they came across them, and his breaks. He enjoyed eating with Kotone; even though he and the fox Shinigami agreed they needed to keep their relationship professional given the constant danger they were in and the fact that they didn't want to make the others feel as though they were putting each other before anyone else, Akio still had to admit that talking with Kotone helped him calm down. As he repeated himself a dozen times over, he felt the minutes creep by until finally, finally, finally, he was allowed to step outside for his break.

Akio removed his work hat and shook out his hair. He ordered meals for both himself and Kotone, paid the cashier and felt grateful for his employee discount, then stood off to the side as they prepared the meal. He gave a nod to Chiho the cashier (he noticed she turned a little red when he did so) and obtained drinks for himself and Kotone. He thanked them for the food when it arrived and picked up the tray, looking around for his silver-haired friend.

iKaze Arashi's Husbando

Stellar Star

Roleplay Sample - First post of Go Beyond! PLUS ULTRA! - a MHA Roleplay
ORIGINALLY POSTED 22 JAN 2017;; 1326 WORDS

Kokoro sat patiently in the U.A. auditorium. She could care less about the speech (frankly, she felt it was like the speech was written late in the night when someone should have been sleeping), but she felt it important to at least look like she was paying attention. She was dressed in the standard U.A. girls uniform: a white collared button down shirt, a red tie, a gray blazer with teal stripes, a teal skirt, black tights, and brown low-heeled shoes. She quite enjoyed the skirt; it showed off her well-toned legs and made her feel very feminine. She crossed her legs and decided to reflect on the morning as the vice principal spoke.

She'd woken up at her parents house early that morning. She remembered she'd charged all her portable chargers and stuffed them in her bag to carry around between classes. Between her cell phone and the three chargers, she could power up four times, though she preferred to only drain her cell phone in an emergency. She'd posted a selfie that morning of her in her school uniform, hair pulled back in a ponytail with the front left loose, and during the assembly she couldn't help but refresh the page multiple times to see if she'd gained any new followers. First day of school at U.A. Next stop, front page headlines! #UA #firstdayofschool #uniform #theenergyvampire #nofilter the caption read. She'd have to update it again later after classes.

After a simple breakfast, the movers had arrived and Kokoro had instructed them in moving her belongings. It was a relatively straightforward process, and she was pleased that everything went smoothly. The movers had taken her stuff, and Kokoro and her parents followed them to U.A., where they unpacked all her boxes and taken them to her room. She'd unboxed all her things and while she was disappointed that she didn't have the time to decorate her room, she was pleased that at least the majority of her things were put away and the boxes were broken down and taken outside. The room itself was comfortable; she was pleased to see she didn't need to buy furniture, though it was less chic than Kokoro would have preferred. She decided to decorate sometime later so she'd have a room worth showing off. She made her way to the assembly after a brief goodbye to her parents. She promised she'd see them again soon and call regularly, though that was mostly to keep them happy.

Kokoro faded out of her daze when she heard "first years". The tail end of the speech instructed them to change into their gym clothes and make their way to the Field, then concluded with the school motto. She couldn't help but grin; the words made their way into her being and made her feel excited. It finally registered with her that she was here. The best high school in Japan, perhaps even the world, beginning her training to become a professional hero. She was going to fine tune her skillset to become the best possible person -- the best possible hero -- that she could be. And today was her day one. Here was her starting line.

The girl stood up to her full height and found herself unable to see. Usually, she enjoyed being one hundred fifty two and a half centimeters (and the half was very important), but she was reminded of her shortcomings in crowds. She crossed her arms, wishing she had some sort of growing Quirk, then decided to stand on her seat. That added very little, but by balancing on her tip toes, she could make out the exit she needed. With determination, Kokoro made her way through the crowd, ducking under elbows and past bodies with ease. At least my height is good for something. She eventually made her way to the locker room and found her locker. The gym uniform was standard enough: navy blue, long legs and short sleeves, with white and red accents. Made of a stretchy, breathable material, Kokoro noted. She slipped out of her uniform and into her gym clothes, and swapped her brown school shoes for white tennis shoes. Everything fit perfectly and she was pleased the school had managed to order the proper size for her. She brought her bag outside with her; she had no idea if she'd need to demonstrate her Quirk (hadn't the teachers all seen it at the entrance exam?), but she wasn't going to be caught unprepared. She double checked her bag to be sure she had her three portable chargers and her phone. With the rest of her current classmates and future competitors, she walked outside and was greeted by three identical but separate obstacle courses and an assortment of teachers and students, each with their own unique Quirks.

The teachers introduced themselves, then directed the students into the A, B, and C-sections. As Kokoro was with the A-level students (as she'd proudly tell anyone who would listen regardless of whether or not they cared), she joined the other eleven students as they made their way to one side of the field. She was in 2-A with Shida-sensei, who listed off the names of her classmates. Kuro Setsushi... I know him! Ichinose Mioshi, Honoka Hiromi, Fuyu Shiisaa.... wait a minute, Haru Nakatomi? He got in? Kokoro did her best not to pout; as she glanced around, she didn't see the boy's characteristic cat ears, so maybe it was a different Haru Nakatomi.

"Hi, Koko."

At the sound of her name spoken by a familiar voice, Kokoro turned to see Kuro. She'd met him a while back and they texted off and on. She didn't mind him, though she found his apathetic and aloof attitude rather bizarre, though fitting for his Quirk. Despite that, he was usually willing to go along with her suggestions, and he had reasonable music choice, so she didn't mind striking up a conversation with him. And hey, knowing one of the eleven other members of the class gave her a leg up in befriending everyone! His half-smile looked a little forced, but Kokoro couldn't help but smile back. She'd perfected her own smile so regardless of whether or not she was happy, she knew how to make herself look happy, and it was rare for anyone to be able to see through any faҫade she might have up. She waved, eyes closed, grin spreading across her face. "Hi, Kuro-chan!" she said happily.

"Hey there Kuro!"

At the sound of that familiar voice, however, it took all Kokoro's strength to not let her smile fall. Of course he's here. She took a deep breath, straining to keep her smile. Just who I need to bring down my energy. Haru's anxiety drove her up the wall. Even being around him made her feel tired. But clearly he knew Kuro, and he must know her. And there was no point in starting the year off on the wrong foot. Maybe his anxiety problems had improved over the summer. Kokoro decided to answer his question.

"Oh hi, Haru!" she said, her voice slightly higher pitched than when she was just addressing Kuro. She smiled kindly, doing her best to avoid looking like she was gritting her teeth. "You didn't miss much! We had the entrance ceremony and the vice principal gave some speech, and now we're competing in the obstacle course against our classmates!" She gestured at the course nearby. "Last one to the end loses and will be expelled, though, so better be on the top of your game!" Kokoro was pleased her Quirk gave her a boost in speed. She worked out often enough that she wasn't concerned about not being able to finish it. In fact, she was excited to see that she'd be able to use her Quirk to show off her skills. This is going to be a piece of cake! Not even Haru's presence could bring her down.

iKaze Arashi's Husbando

Stellar Star

Roleplay Sample - response post of ⌞DE GRATIA ⌝ ᴀᴄᴀᴅᴇᴍʏ
ORIGINALLY POSTED 09 APR 2017;; 752 WORDS

Miyu was disappointed that they wouldn't have time to find a bite to eat prior to class and she actually pouted a little as Yuki guided her to the classroom. She made a mental note to wake up a little earlier tomorrow; this human thing was more difficult than it looked, and Miyu wasn't near familiar enough with having to sleep and how to feed herself at regular intervals to start skipping meals on a regular basis. But Yuki seemed very kind; she even invited Miyu to sit next to her in class, and called her the familiar -chan honorific. The first year was so pleased that she'd made a friend so quickly. "Thank you, Yuki-chan!" she replied with a smile, and the goddess plopped down on the chair. She had no idea what to expect; the class only consisted of role call, however, before they were called for orientation. Yuki joined Miyu in the auditorium as well, and Miyu was happy they sat next to each other. While this human thing might be a bit of a change, hopefully it'd be easier with a friend. Miyu thought a little about this, and then her thoughts were interrupted by the start of the orientation.

- - T I M E S K I P - -

"School was really short today!" Miyu commented as they walked out of the auditorium. "But I suppose that's just the first day." She was about to suggest they get something to eat when Yuki practically read her mind. At the mention of food, Miyu's face erupted into a grin.
"Yes! I'm hungry, let's eat!" Yuki commented that the cafeteria was likely going to be full, then suggested they go to the kitchen instead.
Miyu's eyes lit up at the idea of someone making her a meal. She almost cut her new friend off in agreeing to a homemade meal, then paused. Humans could actually die from not being full enough? Although she'd realized it, as a goddess she'd always hoped that humans would feed each other if they didn't have enough to eat. She knew that'd be a thought for later, though; they were going to eat! "I'm sure your cooking will be fine, Yuki! I promise I'll enjoy whatever you make!"

The pair headed back to the dormitories, but instead of turning down the hallway where the rooms were located, they walked the other way into the kitchen. Yuki suggested Miyu could put her bag away, but Miyu shook her head. "It's fine, Yuki-chan! It's not that heavy. Plus I wanna watch you cook! I haven't had a meal prepared for me before!" she said. After looking at her phone for a bit, Yuki started cooking. Miyu couldn't help but smile the entire time. The food smelled amazing, and her stomach grumbled audibly as a result. She couldn't wait for the meal to be done.

Once Yuki presented the food, Miyu picked up the chopsticks and was about to dig into the meal. She was just about to take her first bite when Yuki spoke once more.
"Itadakimasu!" she said, then started eating.

Miyu paused. Should she say that? Should she repeat it? It didn't look like a prayer,
but she couldn't be certain. And she was the goddess of food -- wouldn't she know if people were praying to her? She set down the chopsticks, repeated "Itadakimasu!" like Yuki, then picked up the chopsticks and bowl, then started to eat. She knew she was hungry, but she didn't realize how hungry she was! And the textures, the flavors, the the smell! It was such a glorious experience! And to think that all this at some point came from her! Part of it, the rice, was combined with apples of the forest, and that was just the main flavors!
She tasted chicken from some of the animals she'd created, and onions, and --
what was this? They'd taken the flavors of olives and made them into some sort of liquid! It was like Yuki had managed to add the flavor of an olive without adding any olives!

Miyu finished her meal quickly and was tempted to lick the bowl clean. Yuki didn't seem to be doing that, though, but Miyu did allow herself to lick the part of the sauce that remained on the chopsticks. "That was so incredible, Yuki!
You'll have to let me cook for you sometime!"
She smiled towards the second year. "Thank you so much!" She was still a little hungry, but she felt the hunger in her belly feel sated... for now.

iKaze Arashi's Husbando

Stellar Star

Roleplay Sample - first post of ♡.   ━━ Lovesick!」
ORIGINALLY POSTED 23 APR 2017;; 915 WORDS

The week had been one of massive change for the author, more so than she could remember experiencing in her life. She'd moved from her apartment (she recalled people murmuring "I didn't realize someone lived in that room" and "Have you ever seen her before?" and "Is she a criminal or something? Why does the government care about her?" to each other as she was dragged escorted from her home of nearly four years), moved into the hospital, and undergone the shock of a lifetime when she realized her government-provided laptop did not have access to the internet. In fact, aside from Microsoft Word, there wasn't much of use on the machine, at least from Leocadia's point of view. There wasn't even a story on the author's mind to keep her busy. Thanks to the initial response to Heartfelt, she'd decided to take a couple of months break as a reward for herself. Besides, her father had called soon after the book's release to inform her that he'd signed her up for Project K.I.S.S. and that she'd be moving soon, and that news was traumatic enough to cause Leo to just about shut down entirely. While Leo was inclined to follow her father's instructions, it was difficult enough for the quiet girl to open the door to sign off that she had received her groceries for the week, never mind actually leaving the apartment. And so, the government had to go about removing her by force.

Leo had to admit the room they'd selected for her within St. Valentine's was to her liking. The walls were painted a lovely sky blue, and the furniture was at the very least stained a warm cherry color, if it wasn't cherry wood itself. Her room was located on the second floor, in the Daffodil Wing, and the Love Recovery Center even gave her a little balcony. The view was internal, though, not that Leo would have wanted to step outside. She was perfectly at home in her room, though she was disappointed that the Center didn't have her meals delivered. In fact, that was probably the most difficult discovery Leo had made so far, aside from the lack of internet in her room. The entire first week had consisted mostly of Leo working up the courage to go outside for a meal, dashing out of her room, down to the first floor of the hospital to the doors of the cafeteria, grabbing as much food as possible, and returning quickly to her room while making as little eye contact as possible. She didn't care that she looked ridiculous, she didn't care that the others were judging her, but she needed to do what she could to survive until this project came to a conclusion and she could return to her apartment far, far away from here to write her novels in peace.

Her plan had been going flawlessly, too, despite the boredom she experienced throughout the first week. That is, until she received notice of a Karaoke night, with her presence mandatory. Attending wasn't even on her mind, seeing as it required her leaving her room. So when the clock struck seven, Leo was still in her room. She lay on her bed, her current favorite place in the entire hospital, and stared at the ceiling. There was a loud series of knocks on her door that sounded more like someone was trying to break in than someone was trying to get her attention. The knocking was followed by a series of clicks of metal against metal before the ker-chunk! of the lock made Leo almost jump out of her skin. She wasn't expecting the government agents to actually bring her to the event, but here they were.

In a split second decision, she decided to go with them quietly. She had never been one for confrontation, and she really didn't mind going, she just much preferred the solitude in her own room to anything else. She sat up and wiggled her nose to adjust her glasses. She didn't recognize the agents who arrived to escort her this time, though she had to admit she didn't particularly take note of the agents who moved her from her apartment to the Center. Leo and the agents made eye contact (or, at least, she assumed they did; it was hard to tell when they were wearing sunglasses) before they walked calmly towards her, hoisted her from the bed with ease, and stood her on her feet. They placed their hands on her shoulders and gave her a gentle push forward, not enough to topple her over, but plenty to encourage her to start walking. "Can... can I get my shoes before we -- " she started to ask, but they were already out of the room and Leo padded along the hallways in her stocking feet. The odd ensemble walked down the stairs at the end of the hallway and to the first floor, then to the Entertainment Center. She saw others had already gathered, and some were assisted by government agents, much like she was. Once the agents released her, she made her way to the back of the room and sat at a table. Maybe she could duck into the shadows for most of the night. At least she might be able to avoid having to sing in front of other people. She rubbed her stocking feet together nervously and glanced around. Wait! Was thatsomeone approaching her?

iKaze Arashi's Husbando

Stellar Star

Roleplay Sample - first post of The Kimchi Region - A Pokémon RP
ORIGINALLY POSTED 15 MAY 2017;; 1037 WORDS

Thanks to her background of working in what used to be the Pokémon Tower, Aimi had managed to secure a job at a flower shop in Seussville shortly after moving to Kimchi, and living together nearby. On one particular instance, she even assisted Ryou with some particularly restless spirits. She had a natural affinity for working with the ghosts, and thanks to their help, the town commended both of them. One of the spirits, a particularly shy Gastly, had taken a liking to her and started following her around. While she still phased through the Pokémon, she still liked attempting to pat it, and the Gastly seemed to enjoy the feeling, whatever it was.

One day, the professor contacted her and summoned both her and Ryou to his laboratory. Ryou went earlier, but Aimi had to work. She told her thanks to the shop owner and that she'd see her tomorrow. "Oh, we'll see about that," she replied, smiling a mysterious, knowing smile.

A little confused, Aimi made her way to the research laboratory with Gastly floating behind her, where she was greeted warmly by the professor. "Hello Aimi! So glad you could make it!" Aimi couldn't help but smile. The professor had a kind personality and was very expressive. He made her feel comfortable almost instantly. "Hello Professor Hawthorn! So nice to be here!" she said, returning the smile. The professor continued: "Please follow me into my laboratory.

"As you may or may not know, I study Pokémon as my profession. I also distribute starter Pokémon to prospective Pokémon trainers, and select candidates to help me with my field research. I extended the offer to Ryou, and now I'll extend it to you: will you take up the offer of helping me with my Pokémon research?"

Aimi almost choked a little in surprise. She felt butterfrees in her stomach, and she felt a smile spread across her face uncontrollably. "Y-yes, Professor, I'd love to!"

The professor grinned. "Lovely! I was hoping you'd say yes. Your friend Ryou agreed as well, by the way. I only thought it fitting to make the offer, partially as thanks for helping the town with Stoker Tower, and partially because you and your friend's talent with Pokémon is natural. I saw he had befriended a Shuppet, and it seems a Gastly has taken a liking to you, as well." In response to this, the Gastly burbled a bit in what Aimi could only describe as some sort of expression as happiness, still floating next to Aimi's right shoulder. "I should let you know, though, that it looks like it might prefer a more permanent home." The professor extended an open hand containing a pearl and crimson sphere: a Poké Ball. Aimi took it and held it out, and with a happy noise, the Gastly disappeared inside. The Poké Ball shut only briefly before the Pokémon emerged again, and the Poké Ball returned to Aimi's hands. The professor chuckled. "It seems your Gastly prefers to be out and about rather than cooped up in a Poké Ball. Which I can understand. But now it's officially yours! Any ideas on what you'd like to call it?"

The name came to Aimi almost instantly. "Ophelia," she stated, and the Gastly closed its eyes and appeared to grin. Aimi knew she'd spoken correctly and that her Gastly was already forming a close bond with her.

"Anyways, that was only a little of the gifts I have for you, as thanks for helping the town, and as help for your journey as one of my research assistants on the field." The professor stepped aside to reveal a screen with twenty-one Pokémon on it. Aimi recognized some of them. "These are some of the starter Pokémon that I can provide you to assist you on your journey." The professor started off on a little speech, providing information about each Pokémon. One stuck out to Aimi...

"...Then there's Froakie, the bubble frog Pokémon. It secretes flexible bubbles from its chest and back. The bubbles reduce the damage it would otherwise take when attacked. It protects its skin by covering its body in delicate bubbles. Beneath its happy-go-lucky air, it keeps a watchful eye on its surroundings."

"Ooh!" Aimi said, almost interrupting the professor. The man paused, a sparkle in his eye. "It seems we have a winner." He looked at her kindly and retrieved one of the Poké Balls behind him. He handed the Poké Ball to Aimi, who proceeded to release the Pokémon within. A little blue frog erupted from the capsule and croaked in response. The professor's eyes lit up.

"Oh! It looks like you have a shiny!" the professor exclaimed. He glanced over and saw the confused look on Aimi's face, and proceeded to explain. "Nothing's different with the Pokémon aside from its coloring, but they're exceptionally rare! You're lucky to have one. Many trainers go through their journey and never see a shiny Pokémon." Aimi beamed. "Well hi, Froakie! You look like an Augustus to me. Is that all right?" The Pokémon croaked happily in response.

The professor nodded, then handed more items to Aimi. "I also have a PokéDex for you, which you can use to find any information on Pokémon that you encounter. I'll also gift you two Poké Balls and a Z ring, which can be used in conjunction with Z-stones to unlock a Pokémon's ultimate moves." Aimi smiled and accepted the items and placed them in her bag. "Thanks, Professor. Is that all?" she inquired. The professor shook his head slightly. "Not so fast, Aimi. I have one final gift for you." He turned to reveal a large ovoid, cream colored with tan spots. "I want you to look after this Pokémon egg for me. It needs to be kept around Pokémon, and as a research professor, I find myself giving away more Pokémon than I keep. I'm sure you'll take good care of it," he commented.

Aimi gave a little bow. "Thank you so much, Professor!" she responded. He smiled. "You're very welcome. Good luck on your journey!" he said, and Aimi returned his smile. "Thank you!" Aimi said, and left the research lab with Augustus and Ophelia in tow.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff