Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Firestarter

Just the Basics
Name: [Chloe, Natalie, Lupus]
Birthday: [04/29/1986 (The current date at the beginning of the RP is September, 2010.)]
Nationality: [U.S. Detroit, MI]
Profession: [Former CIA, Field Agent]
Picture: Pic

Physical Traits
Height: [5’10”]
Weight: [138lbs]
Eye Color: [Blue Grey]
Hair: [Medium Length Black hair]
Physique: [Tall and Thin, Yet Muscular. Wirey Muscle tone. Strikingly pale skin. Slightly above average chest size.]
Tattoo's, Scars and Other Markings: [Numerous scars cover her porcelain skin. As well as several tattoos. A large star on her left shoulder and several smaller ones on her right hip. A large revolver on her inner right thigh facing towards her. Numerous ear piercings are covered under her hair. Attempts at remaining an individual during her time as a spook.]
On the Inside
Personality: [Her work and after hours behaviors are quite different, while at work she is ruthless in pursuit of her objective, professional, yet blunt and direct. Her after hours behavior is quiet, caring, and careful. On certain occasions, brought about by similarities to the case and her own past, she becomes sadistic and callous.]
Sexual Preference: [Bisexual]
Biography: [Her childhood was a maelstrom of misfortune and abuse. Her mother was murdered as a civilian during a robbery. Her father sustained an injury while on the job, a Detroit p.d. officer, fell into depression and alcoholism. She spent her childhood acting out all the while sustaining high academic scores, eventually running away once her father became abusive. Living on the streets, and still attending school. Her high school teacher took her in during her freshman year.
Her hope restored, she strived to the top of her class. Though soon after graduating tragedy struck again, her guardian(the teacher) had been killed by an interstate pile up. The cause, a high jacked plane landing on the freeway. She grew tired of this life style and signed up for CIA field ops training fresh out of high school. Working a job on the side she reached the top of her class in firearms and information gathering exercises.
Two and a Half years later she graduated from CIA field ops training, and soon began real field ops. Two years later, and a dozen missions under her belt. She had risen to fairly high clearance level. Now this new agency presents itself, her superiors recommending her for the spot on its first mission.]
Abilities: [Currently Level 0(uninfected), though if infected. Her abilities will include and are limited by:
Level 1: Enhanced agility/reflexes. Seemingly no problems other than fatigue and increased dietary requirements. As well as a curious increase in natural body temp.
Level 2: Pyrokinesis. Ability to start flames by simply gazing and focusing on a target. Of course the normal requirements for flames apply. Extreme inability to control the flames or power. Emotional outbursts may cause accidental use. Use of power is incredibly straining on the body, nausea and fatigue after prolonged use.
Level 3: Advanced Pyrokinesis. Gaining immunity to the flames, she is now capable of controlling not only her own flames but those of other origins. Capable of increasing potency of all flames, to white cone levels. Extremely high temperatures ensue. Extreme caution, even though her flames do not harm her at this level..suffocation could be immanent in confined spaces. Fatigue and unconsciousness may result after prolonged or over use of abilities.
Skills:[ CQC training, firearm training(exceptional scores), Can drive a stick, Demolitions training, stealthy infiltration training from years of CIA training. Mutli-lingual: Spanish, English, and French. Adept at conning marks, palming, and a few other skills gained from her days on the streets. ]
Dislikes: [Fools, Press, and Superiors.]
Fears: [Birds, Clowns, and Dying Alone.]

4,900 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Just the Basics
Name: Kelby Lapis Ahmes
Birthday: August 3rd, 1988
Nationality: English/Egyptian
Profession: Former agent of the Mossad
Picture: Kelby

Physical Traits
Height: 5'
Weight: 115 lbs
Eye Color: Blue
Hair: Dyed Silver
Physique: Small framed and slender, but still had curves in all the right places. Well toned from years of having maintaining herself for her previous work. Short and compact, which makes it easier for her to become 'unseen' and fit into smaller places.
Tattoo's, Scars and Other Markings: Across her upper back written in Hebrew was a line that translated to 'An assassin never rests till her work is done'. On her right side is a poem written in Hebrew, and this one very personal to her, and therefore not freely shared.

On the Inside
Personality: Kelby isn't a soft spoken person. Never has and never will be. Though she has had to learn to bite her tongue over the years, and despite knowing the taste of her own blood well she knows when to shut up.
Strong willed she doesn't stop till her work is done since that ethic was ingrained into her. Albeit that she could be quiet when it called for that wasn't how she was normally. She's not scared to let her thoughts and opinions be voiced. All in all she has a don't ******** with me attitude, and the skills to back it up.
Yet she can have a soft side. Though that is a rarely seen fact as she focuses on her job fully. Never straying from what she's been told to do.
Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Biography: Kelby's mother and father were from two very different worlds. Her father was a high ranked officer in the English Military, and lived a comfortable life. He had been assigned to a post in Egypt, which he didn't mind at all since he did fancy seeing the world. A man with strong ethics and morals he was known to cross lines without thinking, and even more so when he was deep in his cups.
Her mother had been the promise of her family. A young woman raised strongly in the Islamic faith she carried herself with the subdued pride her kind was allowed. Yet all of that changed when she set eyes upon the English Officer one day. He captured her interest, and so she set out to pursue him. All for her family though since she knew he would be a provider that her and her family would need.
So they both agreed to see one another, and after a few months he asked her to go back to England with him. She said yes, and was swept away with her family's permission. They lived happily, but yet no ring was offered to her. Even after she told him she carried his child. The fact that he didn't sealed the deal for her.
Soon as their daughter was born, and she was well enough, Kelby's mother fled back to her homeland to leave him to raise her. Kelby's father did the best he could, but his daughter never seemed to take to England. So he moved them back to Egypt, and it was there that he watched his daughter flourish with an ease that astounded him.
Kelby ran rough with the boys whenever she got the chance, and even was allowed to start learning to fight at the tender age of twelve. She excelled at both hand to hand and weapon fighting. So must so that the Mossad took an interested in her at a young age. Once she turned sixteen she was offered to join their ranks. Seeing what this meant she said yes without a hesitant thought.
Her years were spent training, and finally killing as was her objective. She had an analytical mind. Which served her well over the years. She supported her father as he grew older, but sadly he came to be with sever cancer. The doctors did what they could, but she lost him at the age of eighteen. At that point she threw herself fully into her work, and climbed in the ranks of the Mossad.
After the 9/11 attacks the Mossad found themselves having to tred lightly, and they began to 'loan' out their own agents. They started on the lower ranks, and worked up from there. Now Kelby found herself being transferred to California, USA of all the places in the world. The UTF had requested her, and so she had agreed to go. After all she had nothing better going these days.
Abilities:
Skills: Firearms training, Bladed-weapons fighting, Exotic weapons[Bo staff, Star of God], Code cracking, CQC training, Demolitions training, Survival training, Poison training, Multi-Language skills[English, Hebrew, Arabic]
Flying
Shooting guns
Dislikes:
Chaos
Snooty people
Dirty rooms
Fears:
Heights
Drowning
Being alone
Theme Music: [Optional, but it's always fun to have some links to songs on Youtube that fit with your character.]

4,900 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
User ImageLiliya Tatyana

I'm not as innocent as I look

____________My I.D.
My Names»» 【Lily, Pascha】The first one was gained thanks to the fact that her first name literally translates into 'Lily'. The second one was given to her when she was in combat training, and it translates into 'Small'. Given to her due to her short stature.
My Day»» 24 Years Old → August 3rd
My Weight»» 120 lbs
My Height»» 5'2"
My Choice»» ____Bisexual Female
My Race»» Human, Russian
My Mech/Ship»» Gustav, Personal Mech
The Dirty Ivan, Personal Ship

____________My Life
My Mirror»»Innocence is only as pure as one thinks it is.
My Looks»»Liliya mainlys prides herself on the knee long black hair that she maintains like nothing else. Dark brown eyes light up at the mention of mecha, or anything that has to do with being a gearhead. Small stature made for a rather innocent look, but that was only to fool those around. After all dynamite comes in small packages.
My Type»»
【Demanding】- Liliya isn't one to take no for an answer, and she will push till she gets what she wants. No matter what it is.
【Prideful】- Pride is ingrained into her thanks to her upbringing, and her training
【Gearhead】- She's a total gearhead, up to the point that she'll cry over a mech if it's not properly taken care of.
【Trusting】- She's a very trusting person, and that can be a fault. Though her trust isn't so quickly given as one might think.
My Story»»
Liliya had lived a simple life on Earth 1. Her home country of Russia wasn't that bad off since it produced several lines of mechs. Which meant that for a gear loving woman work was easy to come by. She went to college and got her degree, and soon found herself as an engineer on a line, and rather happy at that. She ran her job for a good four years, and took any type of training she could get. From piloting, to combat, to OS systems she knew it all. Till finally one day her boss came to her and handed over a pink slip. He aplogized, but said that they were downsizing, and they no longer had room for her. So she packed up her belongings and started to leave.
It was as she was walking past the assembling line that she got an idea, and one that steered her towards a very different path. Saying ******** it all she chose a mech, a nice male one at that, and without a second thought she stole it. Knowing the machines as she did it was no problem for her to escape with it. Then once she was out and leaving Earth 1 she spotted a cargo ship. Well she'd already stolen a mech, and so she decided to commandeer the ship.
Within time she set up the ship to be her home, and her own personal playground. She worked on her mech constantly to keep it as updated as she could. Even though it was a couple of generations behind it wasn't one to be ******** with. So she was often found turning wrenches in her 'garage'. Always willing to help out others she'd welcome then into her home, and upgrade their mecha as was needed. Yet she also took on odd jobs to help keep her well outfitted in parts, junk, and tools that she needed.

_________My Secrets
My Likes»»
    Working on Mecha
    Relaxing
My Dislikes»»
    Unmaintained mecha
    Having to talk nicely
    Having to put up with people who won't do what she wants
My Songs»» My Heaven's a Lie
My Occupation»» Former Mech Engineer on Earth 1

___________My Soul

My Master»» WitchRobin21

4,900 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Gustav / Dirty Ivan
Combat Mech/Cargo Ship
I am a Mech/Ship, This Is Me In A Nutshell
Medium Sized/Medium armor complete with ion coating for added resistance against laser weaponry. The Gustav was a state of the art mech, at the time of her procuring of it.At this current time, it is 2 generations of mecha behind. Though it can contend with even the most state of art mecha due to her constant customization and upgrading of it.

Medium Grade Cargo Ship. Procured roughly after the Gustav, making The Dirty Ivan rather behind the times. The old ship can still run and put up one hell of a fight. Liliya has turned this former transport ship into her home as well as her mechanical playground. Junk, Tools, and parts of all kinds litter its empty former cargo cells now referred to, by herself, as her "garage".

My Attacks
Gustav's weaponry:
[Melee Weaponry]Double edged plasma saber on a dense alloy handle. Capable of separation. Deploy-able from left arm cargo space.
[Main Weaponry]Large High Velocity Anti-Ship Laser Rifle, high recoil single shot. Charge time in between shots is upwards of a minute and a half. Stabilized by the above saber's handle as a bi-pod. Holstered on back.
[Support weaponry unit #1]Shoulder mounted dual miniguns, capable of full movement. Fires high velocity tracer rounds which enable precise aiming and tracking of targets.
[Support weaponry unit #2] Full-Auto Sub-Machine Guns, one in each hand. Deploy-able from each hip. Protected belt fed ammunition from under the forearms. Fires the same rounds as unit #1.

Dirty Ivan's Weaponry:
[Main Gun] Large self-loading high velocity rail-gun capable of tearing through almost all hulls and shields.
[Support Guns] Four laser turrets line the hull of the Dirty Ivan; top, bottom, right, and left. Controlled by ship's computer, manual override is possible. Mostly used for luring or baiting targets.
[Defense Tactic #1] Radar/Comm Jamming unit.Area of Effect is roughly 3km, Effects only those close enough to do harm to the Ivan. Can be toggled off for discretion due to it's illegal nature.
[Defense Tactic #2]Magnetized Proximity EMP Mines. Designed to power down or corrupt enemy mecha and fighters. Has less effect on large vessels, causing minimal outages to systems. Will attach themselves to the alloy hulls of most enemies once within 5m of the mine. A large cache of these little darlings exist in the stockpiles of the Dirty Ivan, deploy-able from 4 rear hatches.

I Answer To
WitchRobin21/ Liliya Tatyana

Aged Firestarter

Riot Mk. 2 "Scarlet Marauder"
Combat Mech
I am a Mech, This Is Me In A Nutshell
Medium Sized Mecha/ Light Armored Unit. Upgraded and customized Riot Mk.1. Codename "Scarlet Marauder" Capable of extreme speed and feats of agility; due to lighter alloys used in hull, upgrading of joints and servos beyond that of what were originally available at time of production, as well as the addition of multiple small booster units along the backside of the mech and it's joints. Maintains the use of the custom cockpit setup with a few tweaks; such as accelerating the synapse responses and upgrading the efficiency of the core. Now capable of long bursts of speed, stripping off the majority of original hull. A flowing fire retardant cape goes down the length of its backside for flair as well as protecting the environment from the heat the now multiple high powered thrusters give off. Capable of pinpoint dodges and boosts utilizing the numerous thrusters.
My Attacks
[Main Weapon] Large Axe with a contained photon wave blade, Causing a resounding buzzing sound as the blade which is trapped and constantly trying to escape pushes back on its target vibrating at higher and higher frequencies with increasingly intense heat. Searing and tearing through most all substances. Wielded mostly with two hands it also has a large pivoting thruster at the back of the axe, powered by the mecha itself, for added velocity and crushing power. Holster-able on back.
[Reserve Weapon] Chest cavity opens up to reveal a large oval tram rail. On this rail are six pivoting and revolving dual barrel shotgun style guns. With ammunition being protected and self-loaded in the center of the system. Fires from a selection of armor piercing slugs to high explosive rounds or even flare rounds in bursts of up to 12 slugs at a time. Capable of extensive damage in close combat.
[Auxillary Drive] Overdrive Core, Boosting the output of the boosters lining the body of this mecha. Thus increasing speed and strength considerably for a time limit of 3 minutes. After use the mecha's boosters will be offline for roughly 45seconds, considerably slowing its movements.
[Defensive Armament] Force Repulsion Emitters. Large generators built in the uniquely shaped shoulder pads create kinetic energy which can be shaped by the synapses and special venting pads which line the sides of the arms. This kinetic energy is capable of exerting great force within a confined and controlled area near the mecha. Enabling full protection from ballistic damage. Essentially creating a large ballistic shield in fractions of a second. The drawback to this is it renders the arm, from which the energy is being vented from, incapable of doing more delicate or complex actions aside from simple movements.

I Answer To
Navar Geist/ Karen

4,900 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Terra's Survival
Background

The stars. They have dotted the night sky for as long as man has recorded history. It was also one of the places man desired to be. After all who wouldn't want to fly among burning balls of gas? Yet in the year of 2012 flying among the stars was nothing more then a dream without wings. That was until the first of the artifacts were discovered.
The first artifact was found in the Colombian Glacier in Alaska. More specifically in a crevice. The glacier had been melting over the past several decades, thanks to global warming. Once the artifact was retrieved it was placed into the hands of American scientist. Who studied the artifact for nigh on eighteen years. During that time America was able to make leaps in technology that amazed the other countries of the world.
Though after a compromised intelligence mission back to the glacier America was forced to come clean.
Did a run through for you, streamlined it all so it read smoother without taking out anything that seemed important. Read through it and tell me what you think. When you're done with this and want it gone, just shoot me a message via PM or something else and I'll delete this from your forum. Hope you like. 3nodding

A Troubled Past

The stars. They have dotted the night sky for as long as man has recorded history. It was also one of the places man desired to be. After all who wouldn't want to fly among burning balls of gas? Yet in the year of 2012 flying among the stars was nothing more then a dream without wings. That was until the first of the artifacts were discovered.

The first artifact was found in the Colombian Glacier in Alaska. More specifically in a crevice of the glacier. The glacier had been melting over the past several decades, thanks to global warming, and once the artifact was retrieved it was placed into the hands of American scientists who studied the artifact for nigh on eighteen years. During that time America was able to make leaps in technology that amazed the rest of the world.

After a compromised intelligence mission back to the glacier, America was forced to make a press release about the artifact and other countries began to wonder if that was the only one. America stated that it had been the only one they had found, although, through research unearthed during a cleaning operation, it was revealed that the Colombian Glacier had migrated to Alaska from Antarctica and these artifacts seemed to be from a more advanced civilization prior to our own. This news set off a gold rush to see if there were other artifacts buried within the frozen land of Antarctica.

Russia, China, Britian, Spain, and Japan were able to fund expeditions to search for the artifacts, but after a year of fruitless searching everyone these countries were about to pull the plug on their searchs. That was until Russia hit pay dirt. Within a single year the major superpowers laid claim to artifacts buried in their own corners of the globe. Exponential advances in technology, space exploration, and even in human evolution took place due to the knowledge gained by these artifacts, although what these artifacts looked like and what they could do were kept under lock and key. This advancement would lead to the longest world wide peace that the earth had seen in it's history; lasting almost four decades. This was held in place all due to a project named Aegis.

Aegis, was to act as a shield to protect the, so called, peaceful society that Earth had become. The Nations of the world united in order to terraform a newly discovered, and highly resourceful, planet to be used as a prison for those society deemed undesirable. The project was to be overseen by a system of AI's, but human guards were also put in place to ensure the prison's sense of humanity wasn't lost, as well as to make sure that the entertainment was always on time. Yes, far from being a jail where prisoners could be fed and relax for the rest of their days, the planet had been outfitted with several arena's where those sent from earth would have to fight for their survival, all for the entertainment of a rich few.

Meanwhile Earth's peace grew fractured as jealousy and distrust swept over the world. Those who were classified as "Evolved" were to be immediately captured upon discovery studied by their respective governments. Those deemed fit were militarized and used as soldiers in a shadow war between countries to gain information on one another's technologies. However, the evolution of humanity had grown to levels beyond containment as nearly all of the newest generation found themselves born different from those before them. Humanity fell into it's most primal of reactions of fear and distrust which eventually lead to an all out war over Meta-Human rights. This war would shatter the peace that lasted nearly half a century and would leave the Earth lifeless and baron.

Any hope to revive the once fruitful planet was crushed and the survival of humanity now rested on the shoulders of Aegis.

The Present Situation

On the prison planet only convicts, guards, and a small amount of survivors who fled Earth remain of what was a great race of people. The guards, after receiving no communication from Earth for several days, soon panicked at the knowledge that their home was gone forever. This information spread throughout the planet's prisons causing those captive to riot and even the guards joined in the mutiny. Law and authority no longer mattered, for what was the point of holding those separate from a society that no longer existed. Those lucky enough to escape from Earth were the ones that made it away before the "event" that brought complete devastation to the planet. Those that survived range from civilians to military personnel. Their pasts are unknown but one fact remains, those on Aegis are now all that is left of humanity.

After arriving on the Aegis the survivors found themselves on a planet with abundant resources and self-sustainable power. The survivors also found themselves in the midst of absolute anarchy. What remains of the Earth military is in a constant struggle with factions of former prisoners and surviving Meta-Human Revolutionists. The tempers from the war that consumed Earth still flare high and, left unchecked, threaten to consume Aegis as well.

Aegis

Aegis is mostly covered in a vast wasteland, though areas such as savannas, deserts, volcanic mountains do exist. The water supply is mostly found underground, leaving life on the surface devoid of lakes and oceans. Weather is almost always a problem; if its not a thunderstorm to pound and soak you, then the high levels of humidity and fog will leave you anything but dry. Precipitation is heavy yearly and it is a large factor in the colonies' water reservoirs. Although the days last longer than nights on Aegis, the nights can be considered the most alien portion of this world because if you can glimpse through the clouds, you'll find the sky illuminated by not one but three moons.

Being first and foremost a prison planet, the only urban areas are those surrounding the arenas with only a scant few mining settlements to offer hope of life. Most civilians stick to these urban areas since most of the planet sits untouched. Large scale battleships and transportation frigates, the last remaining from Earth, can often be found at the center of some settlements.

How Far We've Come

Technological Advancements have lead to progress in the fields of Cybernetics, Artificial Intelligence, etc.
--Cybernetics are common place and applied in many ways, whether it be implants for amputees or upgrades to improve the senses or other factors of human body.
--Mecha, machines of war piloted by an individual, are commonly deployed in military sorties.
--Artificial Intelligence systems are used in vehicles, handheld devices, and even housing centers making for a very easy experience with most daily activities.
--The Internet of this age has advanced into large virtual world, that anyone may lay claim to with the proper equipment or implant.
--Energy sources are mostly solar, plasma, and electricity. Ways to convert these energy forms are commonly practiced.
All and all this world is in a golden age of technology, yet the poverty line is much higher than Pre-Aegis life.

Human Evolution has also advanced rapidly since the early cases. Reported abilities range from psychic manifestations to physical manifestations all the way to elemental manipulation. Mutations do occur, though are extremely rare and do not live through infancy. Meta-Human politics are still very new and most Meta-Humans are still viewed as freaks.

Rules

Literacy is required. Though this is an Advanced Literate Roleplay, most posts are expected to be at least Three to Four Paragraphs long. Proper grammar is preferred. As for spelling, if I can't read it and you refuse to edit...I will delete your post. No One Line Posts are allowed.

Playing more than one character is allowed, though no more than two per RP'er.

Send your completed profile to myself and title the pm "Am I Forsaken?" If not all guidelines or criteria are met I will deny your character and ask you to change it.

Bland Posts are frowned upon. I prefer bright colorful posts. Though if you are in a hurry, feel free to post what you have as to not keep others waiting. Just be sure to edit it later.

I allow any type of photo to be used... Just be sure its of pg-13 content.

Which reminds me; Follow Gaia ToS. Romance is allowed, but do so tastefully.

If any verbal assaults begin in OOC, I will report you and kick your character(s). I will not tolerate discrimination of any kind.

No godmodding, I will ask you to leave immediately. Over-powered characters are pointless and will be deleted upon my realization of such ability existing. If the player wishes to continue RP'ing they must contact me with their edited profile.

If no post is made within four days of your profile being accepted, I will send you a pm giving you three days to post. If still no posting is seen you will be kicked, though you may ask to join again. If you take a hiatus be sure to leave no one hanging, I will be forced to NPC your character or kill them off.

I will post all accepted profiles in the profile thread upon my reviewing of them.

All rules are subject to change by me at anytime.

Profile Skeleton

[align=center][IMG](photo link here, remove parenthesis)[/IMG][/align]
[align=center][size=24][Last name, First name][/size]
[color=white]--------[/color][size=18]⇢[/size][/align]

[list][list][size=10][color=white]..............[/color]✖ ✕ ✖ You should know

° ●[b] You May Call Me[/b] » [other aliases here]

° ●[b] Decaying [/b] » [age]

° ●[b] Not My Choice [/b] » [race - human, Meta-human, A.I.]

° ●[b] You Certainly Noticed [/b] » [gender]

° ●[b] A Hard Shell [/b] » [Physical Description]

° ●[b] My Chosen Vocation[/b] » [(Job)]

° ●[b] Shouldn't Have to Ask[/b] » [Sexual Orientation]

° ●[b] Play It Close to the Chest[/b] » [Faction affilliations]

° ●[b] How I ended up on Aegis[/b] » [Aegis Born, Survivor from Earth, Former Prisoner, or Former Guard.]

[color=white]..............[/color]✖ ✕ ✖ What Most Never See

° ●[b] Gift or a Curse[/b] » [Evolved Abilities, if any and their effects. Limit of three, keep it reasonable. They must be associated and described.]

° ●[b] A Chrome Stare [/b] » [cybernetics, if any and their effects. No limit, though keep it reasonable]

° ●[b] Skills[/b] » [Mundane skills your character may have (Piloting, basic mechanics, combat training?)]

° ●[b] The Wings of Dread[/b] » [character's history, at least two paragraphs]

° ●[b] My Psyche[/b] » [personality, at least a paragraph]

° ●[b] Take it or Leave It[/b] » [likes & dislikes as a list, separated with a space]

° ●[b] My Own Beat[/b] » [theme song (optional)]

[align=right]° ●[b] The Human Behind It All[/b] » [gaia username][/align]
[/size]

Characters

Aged Firestarter

A Troubled Past

The first artifact was found in the Colombian Glacier in Alaska. More specifically in a crevice of the glacier. The glacier had been melting over the past several decades, thanks to global warming, and once the artifact was retrieved it was placed into the hands of American scientists who studied the artifact for nigh on eighteen years. During that time America was able to make leaps in technology that amazed the rest of the world.

After a compromised intelligence mission back to the glacier, America was forced to make a press release about the artifact and other countries began to wonder if that was the only one. America stated that it had been the only one they had found, although, through research unearthed during a cleaning operation, it was revealed that the Colombian Glacier had migrated to Alaska from Antarctica and these artifacts seemed to be from a more advanced civilization prior to our own. This news set off a gold rush to see if there were other artifacts buried within the frozen land of Antarctica.

Russia, China, Britian, Spain, and Japan were able to fund expeditions to search for the artifacts, but after a year of fruitless searching everyone these countries were about to pull the plug on their searchs. That was until Russia hit pay dirt. Within a single year the major superpowers laid claim to artifacts buried in their own corners of the globe. Exponential advances in technology, space exploration, and even in human evolution took place due to the knowledge gained by these artifacts, although what these artifacts looked like and what they could do were kept under lock and key. This advancement would lead to the longest world wide peace that the earth had seen in it's history; lasting almost four decades. This was held in place all due to a project named Aegis.

Aegis, was to act as a shield to protect the, so called, peaceful society that Earth had become. The Nations of the world united in order to terraform a newly discovered, and highly resourceful, planet to be used as a prison for those society deemed undesirable. The project was to be overseen by a system of AI's, but human guards were also put in place to ensure the prison's sense of humanity wasn't lost, as well as to make sure that the entertainment was always on time. Yes, far from being a jail where prisoners could be fed and relax for the rest of their days, the planet had been outfitted with several arena's where those sent from earth would have to fight for their survival, all for the entertainment of a rich few.

Meanwhile Earth's peace grew fractured as jealousy and distrust swept over the world. Those who were classified as "Evolved" were to be immediately captured upon discovery studied by their respective governments. Those deemed fit were militarized and used as soldiers in a shadow war between countries to gain information on one another's technologies. However, the evolution of humanity had grown to levels beyond containment as nearly all of the newest generation found themselves born different from those before them. Humanity fell into it's most primal of reactions of fear and distrust which eventually lead to an all out war over Meta-Human rights. This war would shatter the peace that lasted nearly half a century and would leave the Earth lifeless and baron.

Any hope to revive the once fruitful planet was crushed and the survival of humanity now rested on the shoulders of Aegis.

The Present Situation

On the prison planet only convicts, guards, and a small amount of survivors who fled Earth remain of what was a great race of people. The guards, after receiving no communication from Earth for several days, soon panicked at the knowledge that their home was gone forever. This information spread throughout the planet's prisons causing those captive to riot and even the guards joined in the mutiny. Law and authority no longer mattered, for what was the point of holding those separate from a society that no longer existed. Those lucky enough to escape from Earth were the ones that made it away before the "event" that brought complete devastation to the planet. Those that survived range from civilians to military personnel. Their pasts are unknown but one fact remains, those on Aegis are now all that is left of humanity.

After arriving on the Aegis the survivors found themselves on a planet with abundant resources and self-sustainable power. The survivors also found themselves in the midst of absolute anarchy. What remains of the Earth military is in a constant struggle with factions of former prisoners and surviving Meta-Human Revolutionists. The tempers from the war that consumed Earth still flare high and, left unchecked, threaten to consume Aegis as well.

Aegis

Aegis is mostly covered in a vast wasteland, though areas such as savannas, deserts, volcanic mountains do exist. The water supply is mostly found underground, leaving life on the surface devoid of lakes and oceans. Weather is almost always a problem; if its not a thunderstorm to pound and soak you, then the high levels of humidity and fog will leave you anything but dry. Precipitation is heavy yearly and it is a large factor in the colonies' water reservoirs. Although the days last longer than nights on Aegis, the nights can be considered the most alien portion of this world because if you can glimpse through the clouds, you'll find the sky illuminated by not one but three moons.

Being first and foremost a prison planet, the only urban areas are those surrounding the arenas with only a scant few mining settlements to offer hope of life. Most civilians stick to these urban areas since most of the planet sits untouched. Large scale battleships and transportation frigates, the last remaining from Earth, can often be found at the center of some settlements.

How Far We've Come

Technological Advancements have lead to progress in the fields of Cybernetics, Artificial Intelligence, etc.
--Cybernetics are common place and applied in many ways, whether it be implants for amputees or upgrades to improve the senses or other factors of human body.
--Mecha, machines of war piloted by an individual, are commonly deployed in military sorties.
--Artificial Intelligence systems are used in vehicles, handheld devices, and even housing centers making for a very easy experience with most daily activities.
--The Internet of this age has advanced into large virtual world, that anyone may lay claim to with the proper equipment or implant.
--Energy sources are mostly solar, plasma, and electricity. Ways to convert these energy forms are commonly practiced.
All and all this world is in a golden age of technology, yet the poverty line is much higher than Pre-Aegis life.

Human Evolution has also advanced rapidly since the early cases. Reported abilities range from psychic manifestations to physical manifestations all the way to elemental manipulation. Mutations do occur, though are extremely rare and do not live through infancy. Meta-Human politics are still very new and most Meta-Humans are still viewed as freaks.

Rules

Literacy is required. Though this is an Advanced Literate Roleplay, most posts are expected to be at least Three to Four Paragraphs long. Proper grammar is preferred. As for spelling, if I can't read it and you refuse to edit...I will delete your post. No One Line Posts are allowed.

Playing more than one character is allowed, though no more than two per RP'er.

Send your completed profile to myself and title the pm "Am I Forsaken?" If not all guidelines or criteria are met I will deny your character and ask you to change it.

Bland Posts are frowned upon. I prefer bright colorful posts. Though if you are in a hurry, feel free to post what you have as to not keep others waiting. Just be sure to edit it later.

I allow any type of photo to be used... Just be sure its of pg-13 content.

Which reminds me; Follow Gaia ToS. Romance is allowed, but do so tastefully.

If any verbal assaults begin in OOC, I will report you and kick your character(s). I will not tolerate discrimination of any kind.

No godmodding, I will ask you to leave immediately. Over-powered characters are pointless and will be deleted upon my realization of such ability existing. If the player wishes to continue RP'ing they must contact me with their edited profile.

If no post is made within four days of your profile being accepted, I will send you a pm giving you three days to post. If still no posting is seen you will be kicked, though you may ask to join again. If you take a hiatus be sure to leave no one hanging, I will be forced to NPC your character or kill them off.

I will post all accepted profiles in the profile thread upon my reviewing of them.

All rules are subject to change by me at anytime.

Profile Skeleton

[align=center][size=24][Last name, First name][/size]
[color=white]--------[/color][size=18]⇢[/size][/align]

[size=10][color=white]..............[/color]✖ ✕ ✖ You should know

° ●[b] You May Call Me[/b] » [other aliases here]

° ●[b] Decaying [/b] » [age]

° ●[b] Not My Choice [/b] » [race - human, Meta-human, A.I.]

° ●[b] You Certainly Noticed [/b] » [gender]

° ●[b] A Hard Shell [/b] » [Physical Description]

° ●[b] My Chosen Vocation[/b] » [(Job)]

° ●[b] Shouldn't Have to Ask[/b] » [Sexual Orientation]

° ●[b] Play It Close to the Chest[/b] » [Faction affilliations]

° ●[b] How I ended up on Aegis[/b] » [Aegis Born, Survivor from Earth, Former Prisoner, or Former Guard.]

[color=white]..............[/color]✖ ✕ ✖ What Most Never See

° ●[b] Gift or a Curse[/b] » [Evolved Abilities, if any and their effects. Limit of three, keep it reasonable. They must be associated and described.]

° ●[b] A Chrome Stare [/b] » [cybernetics, if any and their effects. No limit, though keep it reasonable]

° ●[b] Skills[/b] » [Mundane skills your character may have (Piloting, basic mechanics, combat training?)]

° ●[b] The Wings of Dread[/b] » [character's history, at least two paragraphs]

° ●[b] My Psyche[/b] » [personality, at least a paragraph]

° ●[b] Take it or Leave It[/b] » [likes & dislikes as a list, separated with a space]

° ●[b] My Own Beat[/b] » [theme song (optional)]

[align=right]° ●[b] The Human Behind It All[/b] » [gaia username][/align]
[/size]

Mecha Profile Skeleton
[color=white]..............[/color]✖ ✕ ✖ [b] Forged in Hope and Blood [/b]
° ●[b] Model Number and Function[/b] » [Mech model name and what it was intended for.]
° ●[b] The History of this Machine [/b] » [How the machine was obtained and its appearance.]

[color=white]..............[/color]✖ ✕ ✖ [b] Equipped Armaments [/b]
° ●[b] Wired Capabilities[/b] » [Heavy-Light Armor, Speed Low-Very High, Manueverability low-Very High. Keep it reasonable and give an explanation. May be subject to my disapproval and asked to change.]
° ●[b] Weaponized Abilities [/b] » [No limit on gear, but too much will slow down your mecha. Especially if in places that will off balance the mecha. Just keep it reasonable.]
° ●[b] Non-Standard Features[/b] » [Special Abilities of your Mecha. Barriers? Over-Drive? Telescoping Limbs? Wings? As Always Keep It Reasonable, but do try to be creative.]

[align=right]° ●[b] My Pilot [/b] » [gaia username and Character name][/align]
[/size]

Characters

4,900 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

4,900 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
User Image
~*~Zahra O'Rourke~*~

We're all that's left out here

WHOOOOOOOOOOO! This be my post format. So yeah eek

How will we ever survive then?

Aged Firestarter

User Image
tab KorynnMirrenTorvasa

tab tab tab tab tab tab ╚════════►"Flower Tongues Wilt With Too Much Sun."

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
N A M E / N I C K N A M E S tab "Korvasa", Mire, Kore

A G E tab 24

G E N D E R tab Female

O R I E N T A T I O N tab Pansexual

P O S I T I O N / J O B tab Former Botanist turned Prostitute.

R A C E tab Devou'Nav

W E A P O N tab None needed, her body and mind are all the weapons she needs.

F O R tab A L I E N S tab O N L Y

T Y P I C A L tab P H Y S I C A L tab C H A R A C T E R I S T I C S
tab Devou'Navs are a humanoid race, characterized by their distinct protuding bone structures. Their skeletons are made of a dense alloy-like compound. These skeletons protrude from their every joint round for those joints that are commonly in movement while sharp and obtuse for those that aren't so commonly used. The majority of their skeleton is visible through their pale pink skin. Their hair colors are usually of a vibrant color in contrast to their pale skin and dark silvery skeletal structure. Their limbs are elongated, their extremities are as well and coated in their own skeletons. Though their species appears light and wirey in build their weight is immense, due to their denser skeletons and extra skeletal mass. Despite their weight, their dexterity is naturally high due to their skeletons being not only denser but far more flexible than ordinary bone. The majority of their vital organs are covered in a layer of bone mass directly under their skin. Their jaws are of a dual layered design, the outer jaw is merely for protection and appearances while their inner jaw is used for mastication and consumption. Their age is usually depicted by the length of their tails which are segmented bone that continues growing even after they reach full maturity. In addition to this defensive evolution, their race has also developed natural sixth sense augmentations as well as their skull protrusions are unique to each individual.

C U L T U R A L tab O V E R V I E W
tab The culture of the Devou'Nav is deeply connected to the tribal roots of their ancients. Though has since developed from a patriarchial society to a non-sexist society in which those who break the law are simply exiled into the wastes. The skull protrusions of their race are generally looked up on as to a sign of what characteristics the newborn will posess once matured, as it is generally similar to the skulls of the creatures on their planet. Since such a close bond to nature is prevalent in their anatomy, they have a deep understanding and sense of preservation for wildlife. That sense of preservation did not extend to fellow Devou'Navs during what is referred to by her people as the Tribal Wars. They warred with each other for several thousand years, only recently was a shaky peace formed with each of the numerous tribes. Their religion is based loosely upon the five elements they believe exist within all life and the understanding and expression of their bonds.

L E V E L tab O F tab T E C H N O L O G Y
tab Due to their warring past, the Devou'Navs weapon technology developed rapidly. Their weapons catastrophically wounded and changed their planet, which is the true reason for their truce. Since the depletion of their ozone, their atmosphere became super heated and made most life impossible to sustain. Before it was too late they constructed large domes which would absorb energy from as well as protect their major cities from the twin suns circling Nal'Umbra(their home planet). Their cities are domed gardens full of life, a sharp contrast to their dust covered and baking soil outdoors. As a result of their domed living, they developed a mild allergy to solar light.

E X T R A
tab N/A

H E I G H T tab 6'2"

W E I G H T tab 209lbs.

S C A R S / B I R T H M A R K S tab Her right horn has been broken off near the root and will take some time to regrow. Her tail has been severed at the base, whether or not it will regrow is yet to be seen.

T A T T O O S / P I E R C I N G S tab She has several tattoos, All of which are of tribal origin to her people. A long tattoo runs from her upper right thigh and ends just under her left breast. A pair of matching tattoos are on her biceps just above the elbow and on her ankles up to mid-calf. Piercings are all but impossible due to her skeletal protrusions.

O T H E R tab P H Y S I C A L tab A P P E A R A N C E N O T E S tab Her hair has take on a bright blonde almost white hue as well as grown to her shoulder blades since the profile photo was taken as seen here. Her skeletal protrusions wrap around her chest, leaving a fleshy center for her breasts.

P E R S O N A L I T Y
tab tab Cynical
tab tab Strong-Willed
tab tab Direct
tab tab Quick-Witted.
tab Her life has been devoid of any hand-outs, as such she finds charity to be a waste of time and an insult. She is persuasive, sadistic, and aggressive; its what has kept her alive.

A B I L I T I E S
tab Pyrokinesis- Can start and control flames, provided the object she sets her sight on is indeed flamable.
Heightened Empathy- Enables her to sense the emotions and true intentions of those around her. Extends to plants and animals as well.
As per normal for her race, she was trained in an ancient form of meditation and martial steps. Making her more than a little skilled unarmed combat. Her claws can rip through most soft metals with ease. She is well trained in the science of plant life, as it was her chosen profession.

H I S T O R Y
tab Her parents were both killed in the final year of the Tribe Wars, Orphaned as long as she can remember. She developed a deep interest in the gardens of her domed home. Choosing to study in botany, she thought she would be content, though restlessness swirled within her. A desire for something more, She ended up searching for excitement by taking the riskiest jobs she could on the side. Somehow becoming an illegal companion to the right buyer. Though she completed her studies, she was unable to find a job as most of her bosses simply wanted to pay her for her company. Eventually she became exhausted with the way her life had turned out, she chose to take the path of so many exiled before her. She fled her dome, with a small collection of belongings. Thats the last that she remembers.

S E C R E T / E X T R A
tab N/A

O W N E R
tab Navar Geist

4,900 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
User Image
~*~Illian Kos~*~