Welcome to Gaia! ::

this is a layout for KANDAISY, made by SPECIFICS.
        so don't steal anything, otherwise we'll both come after you and kill you.

███████████████ #241625 #241625 #241625
        ███████████████ #5B3440 #5B3440 #5B3440
        ███████████████ #715F53 #715F53 #715F53
        ███████████████ #7A836C #7A836C #7A836C
        ███████████████ #7FA591 #7FA591 #7FA591

give me: well, a mix of style one and two.
it's for: a roleplay about a group of young monsters that get lost in our world.
they meet up with humans and they get help trying to get it back to their world
with out eating or killing any humans or each other. linkerz.
text title: Under Your Bed

sections:
-first post
-story
-rules
-monsters
-humans
-apply
-setting
-reserved
-reserved
-open

colors: colors from this palette.
design: can it be like scary? i'm not really particular on what it should look like, but
i do like swirls and stuff. but it has to be scary. also, can the character banners be
little circles? side banners as well, plz. um, i'm much better at showing than describing.
specifics: here's a link to the picture i want used.

total ========= 25k
kandaisy

User Image

{ under your bed! }
                                                              ROLEPLAY CONCEPT: kandaisy
                                                              INSPIRATION: the uglies ; monsters
                                                              GRAPHICS&CODING: specifics
                                                              IMAGE: littlefear @ deviantart
                                                              COLOR PALETTE: monsters hearts me! @ colourlovers
                                                              LYRICS: "monster" by meg & dia

INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO INTRO
                                      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image

《 《 !MONSTERxxxx☣ 》
                                          xxxxxxxxxxhow should i feel? creatures lie here,
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx LOOKING THROUGH THE WINDOW

No matter the advancement of human civilization, people will always fear the darkness, shadows and the idea of monsters. No matter the ideas, humans will be determined not to believe what they cannot see. However, monsters, just like many things that people cannot see, are very real and they do lurk in the darkness of our closets and under beds. The concept of a monster is a tricky one, because many questions arise their being and how they work. For instance, where do they go when you look under your bed or go into your closet? Do they really eat little children? What do they look like? Like green blobs with sharp teeth and one giant red eye?

To explain the existence of a monster, we have to explain the SHADOWS.
                                          The Shadows is a dark, dark world where the monsters roam. It’s like a giant city, think Manhattan and Tokyo smashed together, with millions of inhabitants; but the inhabitants aren’t just the monsters, it’s other creatures as well, demons and other vile things that cannot be described. Only the monsters, luckily for us (in some twisted way), can enter our world. The buildings in the Shadows are old and decrepit—some are even falling apart. It’s a dark place and it’s a miracle that the monsters themselves can survive. You might be wondering that if they have their own world—why do they come to ours? Monsters live on the flesh of humans. They come to our world to feed. We’re not talking about some over-sized lizard with razor-sharp talons, monsters look like you and I. They stand on two feet and have two arms with two hands and two eyes and two ears and one nose and one mouth. The things that set them apart from humans are what they can do. They have inhumane strength, speed and agility that would make them dangerous to even the most advanced human.

However, while the Shadows stays glued in its own time period, the human world has developed far into technology. After a plague that almost destroyed the world, the humans stopped their destructive lifestyle and people decided to create a life that would keep killing as an unwanted sour taste on their tongues. Money was no longer something fought over—money itself actually went extinct. Everyone shared everything they got and technology was created so that everyone could have what they needed or wanted by a snap at the fingers. A surgery was created to make people beautiful. At the age of eighteen, the young human would leave the home of their parents and they would go to the hospital for a whole body remodel. The remodel wouldn’t only make them beautiful; it would also make them a little more stronger and agile than that of a normal human. After living in “college” for four years, the human would move to their apartment and would live the life they always wanted. With a future where you get whatever you want and you’re desires are settled by whatever you want to do, the idea of monsters and scariness gets fainter and fainter. The humans stop believing in other worlds and other species besides the animals that roam their worlds—a monster? A story from the past.

Well, the past unravels and now is its time. Five young monsters are introduced to the human world for their first time ever. At the human age of seventeen, these monsters are allowed to spend one whole day on the human playing field where all they have to do is capture their selected human. This is like a rites of passage for young monsters and these five are so excited, chances are they’ll pee their pants (and yes, they wear clothes just like you and I). Yet, while the five monsters are tracking their humans their portal disappears and leaves them stuck in the human world (this is actually unheard of, monsters normally stay only a day in the human world) and now, instead of killing their human, they have to use them to help them survive the world they know little about.
User Image

User Image

《 《 !MONSTERxxxx☣ 》

xxxxxxGENERAL CONTENT
                                          Let's just get a few things straight right off the bat. Everyone is to follow Gaia's TOS whether you are posting in-character or out of character. I’m not going to be getting in trouble for your mistakes. But on the other hand I want to warn anyone reading this that there can and probably will be some things people don't agree with in the role play. There will be violent fighting, so if the thought of reading about people fisting others in the face, sending teeth onto the floor and breaking bones bothers you than you might want to just turn around right now. Other situations may arise, though there are limits on what you can and can't do. Excessive gore/violence will have to be toned down and sex... Well, if it happens I don't want any of it happening HERE. Kay? Kay.

xxxxxxLITERACY AND POSTING
                                          Mmkay, so. I don't want to have to tell people that their posts aren't up to par. But that doesn't mean I am expecting you to post a novel every time you post. 2-3 paragraphs at the very least seems fair enough to me, but really all I ask is that you give us something to reply to. A large post is great and all, but when nine out of ten paragraphs are internal monologues with no interaction whatsoever it can get quite annoying. If you don't get your character involved then you can't expect anyone to respond to you, which also goes the other way. Don't leave anyone out.

I want this to be a long term roleplay. Do NOT join if you plan on posting once or twice, then vanishing. I would absolutely love if everyone was capable of posting once a day or once every other day, but I won't make it the law. Post as often as you can, I'd like for this to be an active RP, but I do understand that LIFE gets in the way sometimes and can put you behind. If you're going to be away for a prolonged period of time, just let us know. <3

If you don't post within a week I WILL PM you asking where you've gone. I don't want anyone left hanging because you decided you don't feel like posting anymore, which leads me to—

xxxxxxQUITTING
                                          I know how it goes, you join a roleplay only to lose interest after awhile. All I ask is you LET ME KNOW. If you are going to quit then at least have the decency to PM me and tell me, I'm not going to bite your head off, nor am I going to tear you a new one. I will get angry if you don't tell me and just leave us waiting. It's hard to pick up and continue in the middle of the RP if you lose a person; if you are thinking of leaving because the RP has been boring you perhaps we can create some kind of event to spark interest. Plot with your fellow roleplayers in the OOC, it’s there for a reason! It's quite fun.

xxxxxxPROFILES
                                          I have left the character creating up to you all. The only reason I did this is so the people will be original, ya’know? Notice, I said “original”, that means I do not want to see the pictures or scene/emo kids. I don’t want to see celeb pictures, go to Myspace or steal your best friend’s face—as long as they look like people. It also means to try and be creative with the character’s personality/history. I’ve seen a lot of girls that are princess tomboys, and I quote, ‘that don’t like fighting, but will fight if needed to.’ Does that make any sense to you? Because it’s seriously not getting through to me. Don’t do that, okay? Try not to do anything else stupid when creating your character, but if I do tell you to fix something—fix it. I’m not being mean; I’m just helping you out. So when you pick a person—be the person. Thanks. NOW, when you pm me, title it "Chowder!" I will not answer to any pms without that title.

xxxxxxETIQUETTE
                                          Only the characters will fight, alright? Please keep the drama in the roleplay. Don’t be over powerful and win every fight or be the strongest person with super powers on the planet. Don’t have them fall in love a soon as they meet each other. As for relationships, i don’t care what preference that your character has. Homosexuality is accepted here, but if you don’t like that, then just make a heterosexual character. It doesn’t bother me, so don’t you dare b***h about sexual preference. Or anything that’s stupid to b***h about. That’s annoying. so, if you join, please stay—the only reason roleplays do not continue is because people don’t post like they’re suppose to and let it die! Don’t be a killer; it literately took me a long time to make this roleplay, mmkay? And remember your common sense; what you’re parents taught you apply to anytime you meet people—on and off the internet.

do not steal anything or i will report you. someway, somehow. i'm not shy of the report button. trust me.
User Image

User Image

《 《 !MONSTERxxxx☣ 》

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
                                          namexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxnamexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxnamexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxname

** i can make the character graphics for you
User Image

User Image

《 《 !MONSTERxxxx☣ 》

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
                                          namexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxnamexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxnamexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxname

** i can make the character graphics for you
User Image

User Image

《 《 !MONSTERxxxx☣ 》

Applying to this is real easy. First you will pm me some of your best work (samples) and what you want to apply as (female monster, male human, ect. ect.). I will accept or deny. If accepted, you may continue on to make a profile in the test forum. This profile will consist of the following items:

PICTURES
                                          xxxxAT LEAST ONE
                                          name
                                          xxxxFIRST, MIDDLE, LAST
                                          race
                                          xxxxHUMAN OR MONSTER?
                                          personality
                                          xxxxPARAGRAPH FORMAT OR YOUR OWN INNOVATIVE WAY
                                          history
                                          xxxxBULLET FORM
                                          abilities
                                          xxxxBULLET FORM W/ EXPLANATION
                                          strengths
                                          weakness
                                          job
                                          xxxxHUMANS ONLY
                                          height & weight
                                          dislikes
                                          xxxxBULLET FORM
                                          fears

You can add whatever else you want as well. Please remember, you have artistic freedom when it comes to formatting your profile.
User Image

User Image

《 《 !MONSTERxxxx☣ 》

MONSTER NAME = HUMAN NAME

MONSTER NAME
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxlocation location

MONSTER NAME

MONSTER NAME

MONSTER NAME

MONSTER NAME

HUMAN NAME

HUMAN NAME

HUMAN NAME

HUMAN NAME

HUMAN NAME

THE CITY
                                          holds a million people
                                          in the middle is the city
                                          around it are the suburbs where families live
                                          around it old people estates
                                          then a forest surrounds the city

the year is 2309.
                                          the future has hoverboards.
                                          and hover cars. but the hovercars are for government officials and families. most young adults use hoverboards anyways. all homes have a hole in the wall where you ask for what you want and it gives it to you. no one writes anymore, we type. wallscreens replace reading books and staying "bubbly" is what every young adult wants.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff