Melodious Angel

25,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Winged 100
User Image
                                                      ○○ The Basics

Nickname » Ohrin
                                                          Age » Three hundred and seventy three years
                                                          Gender » Male
                                                          Birthplace » Fae realm
                                                          Sexuality » Prefers men, but occasionally is attracted to women.

○○ In the Mirror

Measurements » 5’7” 140lbs
                                                          Eyes » The right has a bright green iris and the left is solid black with no discernible pupil or iris.
                                                          Hair » Blue and purple
                                                          Markings » None

○○ About Me

Personality »

• Curious
                                                          • Absentminded
                                                          • Meddling

Biography »
                                                          Ohrin was born by another name, one which he keeps secret from all but his parents. From a very young age he developed an interest in humanity though he and his kind were kept separate in their own realm. He found humanity to be fascinating though he had no particular love of them. He was merely curious about them and what made them work. As he grew older his interest turned to creation; he wished to make a human like automaton if only to see if it could be done. But after years of research from afar, slipping into dreams to push and prod subconscious minds, he had not met with true success. His dolls were merely that; animated dolls with no true soul. He continued his painstaking research, hardly caring or seeming to notice the effect of his intrusions. While he was not malicious, the inventor was not always too careful about damaging the delicate psyches he invaded.

But that was then; Ohrin was content for many years to think of humans as little more than lab rats. He held neither hate nor love for them and used them as he thought necessary. But with the disappearance of the Jade Dragon, he was convinced as many others were that humans were the logical culprits. The inventor became enraged at such a bold and vicious action and he vowed that he would not let that injustice stand. He hated to put his work on hold, he felt so close to a breakthrough, but the fate of the Jade Dragon was far more important. And humanity would have to be punished; let them be torn from the very fabric of their worlds as seemed most fitting. But no one could have expected that some of the captured humans would develop abilities to control their surroundings. It was a setback… but Ohrin was not one to let a small setback deter him.

○○ If You Must Know

Power »

• Portal Master
                                                                Ohrin is a master of bending and folding space; he can fold space to open portals from one place to another. His portal access is limited to places he has at least seen before. The changing nature of the dream realm does create the risk that opening a portal to a place previously familiar to him could be dangerous.
                                                              • Puppet Master
                                                                Through his research, Ohrin has learned to create automatons of differing levels of strength, ability and intelligence. None are completely independent and so he can only use a limited number of these constructs at a time. The most complex can only be called one at a time, but his simpler creations can be summoned up to five at a time. They are difficult to destroy as Ohrin has so mastered assembling them that he can use his power to repair them on the fly and almost without effort.
                                                              • Beast Tamer
                                                                While Ohrin prefers to study higher forms of life, he has spent some years studying the ways of beasts as well. There are many he has tamed and can command at his will. Even a beast new to him can be quickly turned to his cause. But he cannot force them to completely ignore their nature; some beasts will not work well together and others will try to flee his control if he loses concentration. Some of the larger, more dangerous beasts resent his control and may even attack him if his concentration slips.

Likes »

• Creating his dolls/automatons
                                                              • Observing sentient creatures, particularly humans
                                                              • Travelling to new places
                                                              • Learning secrets
                                                              • Meeting new people

Dislikes »

• Too much quiet
                                                              • Small spaces
                                                              • Being alone
                                                              • Being ignored
                                                              • Being interrupted at his work

Fears »

• Dying alone
                                                          • Misjudging a portal and ending up seriously hurt or dead
                                                          • Losing control over a beast he can't subsequently put down or escape

○○ Just a Bit More

Extras » Whenever he moves, he is followed by the sound of softly clinking keys. He never seems to have these objects on his person, however.
                                                          Username » Chandra Panesar

Melodious Angel

25,500 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Winged 100
╔══════════════╗
E c a p l o n
The Untamed Wilds
╚══════════════╝

User Image
Ohrin Thorpe’s xLiving Laboratory
User Image x User Image x User Image
The x Realm ofx Ecaplon
The realm of Ohrin’s creation.
His lands are wild and untamed, populated by the mystical creatures of nocturnal imagination.
Most of the areas are overgrown and left natural, but there are small pockets where Ohrin’s automata can be found quietly gathering materials and tending the land.

Melodious Angel

25,500 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Winged 100
User Image

___Ohrin _ Thorpe

___▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅

Ohrin sighed as he leaned against the railing of his snailtop terrace, the gargantuan, tamed beast continuing to lumber forward with its weighty burden. At first blush, the fae was seemingly surrounded by humans who were laughing, eating, drinking and chatting amongst themselves. But if one were to watch for a moment too long, they might notice that all but two of the figures strewn about the festive scene were actually in motion. One was Ohrin himself and the other was the most advanced of his dolls who stood perhaps just a touch too stiffly at his side. This one was no more real and living than the others, but the portalmaster still kept it near at most times and treated it as though it was an actual companion of his. “Such a bother, my Adam. It is all such a bother. Why must some humans be so troublesome? But for all that, they are still interesting. Perhaps I will have time for observation before I must bring our finds to the castle. At least then I might gain some benefit from this entire, troublesome venture. Ah, but that is surely wishful thinking… I cannot think that my own desires are more important than the task we have taken upon ourselves. You must forgive me, dear boy; you will remain an incomplete doll until this matter is resolved, Such a waste of time… If only humans could emulate you instead and be so well behaved.”

The fae paused in his rambling and sighed as he looked to his silent companion. He had given his Adam a voice, but rarely ever allowed the automaton to speak. There was no point to it as the creation could only utter what he wished it to. It spoke flatly with no emotion and no soul regardless of what expression might adorn the handsome face. In reaction to the mildly depressed thoughts of its creator, Adam’s soft lips tugged into a smile that brought no warmth or light to his vacant eyes. It was no use; he was still only a doll and not nearly enough like the humans he was meant to emulate. “What is it that gives them such spark, my Adam? What is it that makes them so interesting? Lt us hope it is not the same trait which makes them so foolish; so… recklessly arrogant. I would not wish to create anything that would give me no choice but to destroy it.” The fae’s mismatched eyes faced forward again, roving over the overgrown landscape of his beloved Ecaplon. Creatures that could only exist in dream crossed their path and rustled in the bushes; to one side was a great, antlered and fire-eyed dragon of nightmare and to the other a fanciful flock of blue colored birds whose feathers glinted in the light much like cerulean flames. But the fae overlooked these; he sought the human dreamwalkers.

“How hopelessly tedious and aggravating.” Ohrin muttered under his breath, continuing to mutter to the doll at his side. The fae had a tendency to ramble even when alone and felt no embarrassment at all to phrase his frustrations to what was essentially an animated object. “How will I even know which of these humans are the dreamwalkers I seek? How shall I test them? Well, I suppose I will have plenty of time to decide… I have plenty of room to confine them here for interrogation. Interrogation… the word itself is tedious. I am a scientist, not a sentry. What am I to do in such times as these? How bothersome. Ah… how many times have I said that now? If I’ve lost count them I suppose I have complained too long.”

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff