iymcool
Navean

Remedy Forgotten
Theme: 7/10
Creativity: 6/10
Style: 3/5
Overall: 6/10
Total: 22/35
Comments: I, personally, don't understand what "power" you were trying to portray. It all just looks jumbled and sloppy to me, like you were trying to hide the base; I can't see the base eyes at all. :/

Creativity: 8/10
Overall: 7/10
Total: 25/35
Comments: I like the clutter. It reminds me of the evil entry I made for the round prior to the finale last season. It's nicely made, however, the upper torso has a bit of green that's sticking out.

Theme: 6/10
Total: 21/35
Comments: I'm neither impressed by nor hating this avatar. I don't see the purpose in some of the clutter. The torso is awkwardly layered. Aside from the wings and tail, I can hardly see any elements of the original base at all. It just doesn't feel like everything's incorporated well.

Total: 68

Deoxtri
Theme: 9/10
Creativity: 4/10
Total: 23/35
Comments: I just wish you'd pushed a little harder. The thing on the chest is very distracting and the hair is contrived. You could have done so much more, it feels a bit half-assed.

Theme: 5/10
Style: 2/5
Total: 19/35
Comments: The Let It Snow was a nice idea, and the flow works well. However, the Sapphire Plume is extremely distracting. I wish this had been pushed a bit more.

Total: 25/35
Comments: I like where this is going, but it feels unfinished and a bit unbalanced.

Total: 67

Swift
Overall: 8/10
Total: 28/35
Comments: It's nice. The face is a little too cute; I'd like to have seen some intensity, but overall the whole look works well. And I like that you really made it look like a creature, with the "tail" instead of legs. :3

Theme: 8/10
Style: 4/5
Overall: 9/10
Total: 29/35
Comments: This is expertly done! The colors flow well, and the subtraction of legs works great here. If only her face was a bit more animated, however, that's a small complaint for an other wise great entry.

Creativity: 9/10
Total: 30/35
Comments: It's cute, although there's something about the shape that I'm not quite into. Most items are flowing in that backwards/upward direction, but then there are a few spots sticking out in the opposite direction that I find jarring. I like the bubbly. floaty theme.

Total: 87

fart
Disqualified

D!sco~'s Wife

Lavish Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User ImageDeoxtri
User ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
One day Thilda finds a magic sketchbook which makes all of her drawings come to life. Now she and her big brother have to fight the evil Dr. V. Ile Thilda created and get him back into the world of drawings.

Swift
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Sophie(Main) -- Artemis(Support) -- Rose(Villain)

Remedy Forgotten
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Bianca find a door in her favorite garden leading her to a world of fantasy. Kethi says Bianca is the only one who can save their kingdom from the corrupt Mapleton.

D!sco~'s Wife

Lavish Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image
marwolfer
iymcool
Navean

Deoxtri
Theme: 10/10
Creativity: 5/10
Creativity: 7/10
Style: 5/5
Total: 78/105
Comments: Your story works well as a children's movie concept, though I don't find the group very cohesive at all. Thilda is so bright and colorful compared to her brother and her clothing is more whimsical (though I don't like the dress with shorts thing). The brother is a solid avatar, and in fact he's my favorite of the group. I like the bad guy's expresion, but his clothing is really bulky and sort of diminishes what a great face he has. I just wish that your entries were more streamlined as a group, because these three almost don't seem to belong in the same movie.

Overall: 10/10
Creativity: 10/10
Total: 95/105
Comments: Story-wise, I could definitely see this playing Disney Channel. It's an adorable concept, and you definitely fulfilled the requirements for this challenge. The main characters are simply designed and loveable. The villain is wonderfully designed with that hint of quirkiness that makes him less psychotic, and more kid-friendly. Thilda is adorable. That wonder-struck look that she has this magical device is quite cute, and I love her expression. The outfit's simple and realistic, which adds to your overall appeal. However, and I understand why you chose it, the Momo Backpack's ear appears to just be floating there, distracting my eye a tad, and making me have to work a bit harder in looking at Thilda as a whole. I also wish there was a bit more consideration for her top, the blouse is a tad large on her and doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the outfit. Thilda's brother is wonderfully designed. He's quite realistic and the expression is priceless. There's enough here to show you worked on him, but not to much to suggest that he would take the limelight away from Thilda. Dr. V. Ile is perfect. The shape of the avai is unique, and the legs add more to the look instead of subtract. He has height, character, and as I said before, a devilish character this borderline psychotic, but not overly frightening for children.

Total: 84/105
Comments: You have quite an interesting set of characters here. Your hero is funny and kind of strangely cute, although I think mismatching in that fashion to portray the free-spirit quirky dork is a bit predictable. The brother is a solid avatar so no complaints other than it's a bit plain. The villain is funny, but I'm not a fan of the layering which looks a bit awkward to me. I know he's a doctor and all, but the white coat is just a bit too much for me. It would have been interesting if you'd tried to incorporate the sketchy looking skin to better show him as a drawing come to life. I like that they are all very expressive characters. As a set, they're cohesive and work well together.

Total: 257

Swift
Total: 99/105
Comments: I'm sorry I had to cut out your description, but I think the story is pretty easy to see. I think these avatars are gorgeous, but the one thing that would have really clinched it for me is if Sophie had some magical aura about her like the other two. I really don't have a lot to say, because I don't have much to criticize! Rose is a little unsteady with all that detail on her chest/neck and those tiny little feet. Otherwise, excellent work.

Total: 87/105
Comments: Daaaaaaaaamn, these are gorgeous! I just wish there was a description tied to them. gonk However, I think I see the story here: Evil witch gets power, needs to be brought down by young sorceress and her mentor? I love Sophie's outfit. Thought definitely went in to planning it. The blues work well, and you did a beautiful job of including small details like the beads. Her expression is a bit confident, however, I feel this could lend to a strong female protagonist for young girls to look up to. Artemis is fantastically designed! His magic is nicely shown, and I feel you captured the action perfectly. The outfit is lovely, and you used the differing shades of blue well. Compared to Sophie though, I see him as more the scrappy main character with untapped potential, and her as the wise and insightful friend. Rose is my absolute favorite of the three. She has that wicked mystique about her that I love to see. The outfit is "evil" and not to provocative. This is incredibly smart and works well for showing children darkness in a children's movie is not always tied to sexual promiscuity or risque appeal.

Group Cohesion: 5/5
Total: 94/105
Comments: You mentioned that you think they stand alone even without the description and I have to agree. I love the mix of blues in your hero and that you continued the blues into the sidekick without making the sidekick a carbon copy of the hero. I'm definitely most impressed with the hero whose layering and shape are the best constructed, but I can definitely see elements which bring them all together. I wish you had included some sort of swirly power thing around the hero (though perhaps that was explained in the story?). Because the sidekick has one while the hero doesn't, it would be easy to confuse who's in what role - Sophie has the stature of a hero, but Artemis is showing the power. I think the chest area on your sidekick is a bit sloppy. The villain is lovely if a bit top-heavy. I do wish she had a slightly more sinister expression, but I find that a minor detail as the overall presentation works well. Your use of colors in all three avatars is very pleasing.

Total: 280

Remedy
Total: 91/105
Comments: I love the little story you created; instead of trying to do something completely new (which is nearly impossible), you've taken some of the greatest elements of classics and thrown them together. While I must say that Bianca looks a little disjointed from the other two, she is my favorite as a stand alone avatar. I love the wide-eyed expression she has and the colors you've used are phenomenal. I'm just wondering what kind of magical world she already lived in to look like that! Your fairy is cute, but those tiny legs make her top heavy. :c It's hard to balance slender legs with wings. I'm not such a big fan of your bad guy. He's a little too muddled and I lose a lot of what is supposed to be going on. I will give you props for creating a non-humanoid character, though.

Total: 93/105
Comments: Peter Pan meets Secret Garden with a dash of Bridge to Terabithia? Love it. This is adorably made and I could not stop myself from looking at your entry over and over again. I do feel though, your movie may be geared towards tweens given the expressions...That's just me though. Bianca is ******** adorable. Enough said. She is my favorite of your three for a variety of reasons. The first is the color palette you used. The colors work not only on a basic level, but also on a textured one. You used items that all have a realistic texture that I could see a young girl wearing while on an adventure. The expression is realistic, and I appreciate that. However, would an audience to a children's movie prefer that, or a more animated look? Kethi has the spunk that is always nice to see in a side-kick/supporting character role. The layering is flawless, and I can tell she was designed to be a tiny character in terms of height. She is very reminiscent of Tinkerbell though, and I'm a tad hung up over that, as I feel that if you gained inspiration from her, it may have come across as a bit more literal than you had anticipated. The idea of a sentient tree, or tree-like antagonist, was a smart card to play for this round. Everyone chose human characters so this really made this one stand out. My favorite part of him, albeit a small part, is the little mustache. For some reason I find this ridiculously adorable.

Theme: 6/10
Total: 80/105
Comments: As a group, I find yours to be the least cohesive. While I get the connection between the sidekick and the villain both being nature related and somewhat cluttered stylistically, the hero just kind of stands out. I get that she's supposed to be just a girl who finds a door in her garden that leads to a magical place, so she should be a bit apart, but I feel there could have been something to still connect her, be that in the styling or in the color choices. In terms of style, the hero looks too fantastically dressed to be of the "normal" world but not fantastically dressed enough to be wearing new clothes from this other world. I don't like her face layering - she looks like she's got some weird black eye going on. The sidekick is a really beautiful avatar who looks just delicate enough to be a fairy while still carrying a spark of personality and strength. The villain isn't bad, but not great either. It's a bit top-heavy, but I can understand that thematically since he's like a tree thing, but the mixing of the dark and bright spots doesn't work in some spots, like the bright green on the face. It's also hard to say whether he's exactly evil or not. I love the idea and the creativity behind your entries, I just wished they worked together better.

Total: 264

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces