Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                          xxxxxxBUILD ME A ↷H↺ME UNDERGR↺UND ◞*
                          D O W N x I N x T H E x O L D x T O W N x W H E N x M Y x M I N D x W A S x W A N D E R I N G x R O U N D x E M P T Y x H A L L W A Y S
                          ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
                          xxxx▰▰▰▰▰▰⊹◣IN THE OLD TIME ▬▬▬ YOU`LL NEVER BE IN AND YOU CAN NEVER GET OUT

User Image
                                                  ♕: pontmercies & bunilla kiss
                                                  ♕: gfx & coding by secretly a goat
                                                  ♕: image credit: x, x, thq, ea, sony, pixiv, zerochan
                                                  ♕: a harvest moon & pokémon rp
                                                  ♕: a lazy/lax production of fun (hopefully)
                                                  ♕: closed and accepting

O

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

• It's been years since the event occurred. One night, years ago, Pokémon - both wild and trained - began to change into human forms. They were caught somewhere between a Pokémon and a human, later given the names gijinkas, and were suddenly thrust into a life entirely different from the one they had spent battling for survival or living beside a beloved trainer. Unsure how to proceed, some managed to integrate into society, living side by side with humankind, while others retreated to the wild in an attempt to find their unchanged kinsmen that might still be wandering wild through the woods.

As time went on, one thing became clear: each Pokémon was changed for a reason. That particular Pokémon was turned into a gijinka by an unnamed entity, though some whispered rumors of the harvest goddess's involvement in the affair. Whatever the case, it became the priority of each gijinka to find his or her own purpose. The first to do so was a Geodude who found his calling in life working among humans to better a small mining town's industry. It has been said that the night after he found his so called 'purpose' in life, the harvest goddess appeared to him in a dream. She offered him a choice: return to his life as a Pokémon, or continue to live among the humans as a gijinka. The choice was his, but once it was made, there was no going back. He chose to stay human, and thus, the story was passed on from village to village, traveling far across the endless seas and boundless expanses of land until it had become widely known that each gijinka was there for a purpose, and once it was obtained, they were allowed to revert to their Pokémon form and return the the lives they once knew.

Since the event, which is acknowledged each year on the fifth day of the spring season, gijinkas have integrated into society and have begun working among humans. They own businesses, run farms, and attend the same schools as human children might, creating a peaceful bond between humans and gijinkas.

Which brings us to Durinvale.

Far to the east, where the mountains rise up over a vast valley and kiss the sun, there is a small town called Durinvale. Settled on the edge of the valley, with the mountains at its back and the sea to its west, Durinvale has become one of the many communities to spring up across the region, offering land to those who are willing to settle it and bubbling up into a real town of substance. To the north lies the prosperous metropolis of Andora, a high functioning city only a few days worth of walking from the remote town. To the south, acres and acres of unexplored land and forests spread as far as the eye can see, waiting to be settled. The town itself is small, but houses residents of all sorts looking to build it up into a town of prosperity. With residents moving in day by day to the ever growing town, nothing is stopping it from becoming a gijinka's - and human's - paradise. So what are you waiting for? Welcome to Durinvale!

tab tab ◣⊹ O1. KEEP IN MIND ◞*
                        don't be afraid of making suggestions! if you have a cool/cute idea for something, please feel free to drop it in the OOC thread. we don't bite. WINK! but no, seriously. you don't have to be the thread creator or a mod to try to throw some interesting things into the RP. just run it by us first. we're all creating a story together, so don't feel like you can't offer anything!

the most important thing is that we're all here to have fun while writing and rolling around in each other's creativity, so if you're the type of person to be haughty and snub others' writing because it isn't pretty or long enough, please turn back now. this is supposed to be a fun role play where we don't have to stress ourselves out about impressing each other. remember: role playing is a hobby, not a job, and hobbies are supposed to be enjoyable! there are no writing contests here. this isn't a place for you to stroke your e-peen. write your best and have fun; that's all.

this RP is posted with a mule account, so if you need to contact any of us privately don't hesitate to send a message either to pontmercies or bunilla kiss!

oh, and, of course, Gaia TOS applies! please make sure you are familiar with it.

tab tab ◣⊹ O2. POSTING IC & OOC ◞*
                        for your IC posts, please try to aim for a minimum of about 4OO words. you're certainly very welcome to write much more than that, though! some people might even really enjoy it, but i just want to leave a little reminder that durinvale isn't some "adv. elite" role play. leave all your superficial judgments at the door! it's the content that matters most, anyway. all i ask, really, is that you all try to give each other something to go off of. i'm not perfect and you probably aren't either, but the important thing is that we try to make the role play enjoyable not just for ourselves but for each other as well!

i do want you to include your character's location and company in your posts, but i think that's the most i'll ask other than no bright colors on text that's supposed to be your actual post. but yeah, seriously, don't sweat it if your graphics are simple. you're here to write, not show off post layouts. :)

no one wants to hound y'all for a certain number of posts during a certain time frame, but i'm not asking for novel-length posts so i am going to ask that you try not to take longer than one-to-two weeks to post once it's your turn. if you take too long to post, please understand that it discourages others and contributes to the death of a role play. just make sure you stick around in the OOC, and, if you're going to be disappearing for a while, let us know what's up! seriously, communication is important. PLEASE do not join and then never post in the OOC.

allow me to reiterate: YOU MUST POST IN THE OOC. do not be a gloomy antisocial butt! i don't care if you're awkward or anxious; most all of the people who put their heads together to make this RP are the same way to some extent! in any case, if you join and never pop into the OOC it seems like you don't even like any of us, and why join if you don't like us! ;A;

in the OOC you're free to talk about life, talk about the RP, post gifs, plot, tell us what you're up to, tell us what you're not up to, but one thing i DO NOT want anyone doing is ignoring anyone. do not do it. if someone has poked you for plots and you don't want to plot with that person, please tell them why, but don't straight-up ignore them. it's rude. don't be rude. rude is an ugly way to be toward people, and bunilla does not encourage it at all.

that said, no cliques! accept each other for our too-seriousness, charistmaticness, obnoxious cuteness, awkwardness, anxious tendencies, dorkiness, not-good-at-communicating-because-i-come-off-rude-but-don't-intend-to-ness, whatever. we're all different, we all like different things, we all have flaws, but we're all drawn here to do one thing: enjoy writing while exploring our own and each other's creativity no matter how limited or expansive it is!

if you have an OOC problem with someone, do not bring it to any thread. keep it to PMs. who knows, maybe there's just a misunderstanding & y'all can be great friends!

tab tab ◣⊹ O3. YOUR CHARACTERS ◞*
                        don't be afraid to make your human and gijinka characters ethnically and culturally diverse! try to make as many characters with roots already in durinvale as possible, though. while it's okay to have trainers just stopping by or people recently moving in, we do want several characters to already know each other. let's make fun childhood friendships/rivalries!

there's not much else to say other than the obvious: don't make perfect peeps. everyone has room for development! but that doesn't mean they can't be talented; maybe they're really awesome at _____ but their social skills suck really old, nasty bologna. have them work on that! it's totes cool. but please, please, for the sake of me not throwing a hissy fit in secret, PLEASE look at the characters that have already been accepted and try not to make them too similar. if you need help, search the web for personality types or even base your character off of western/eastern zodiacs, or tarot archetypes, or anything that helps inspire you.

if i feel your character is too similar to someone else's, i might ask you to make adjustments (or subtly point that out and see if you do it yourself butplsdon'thurtme). i really don't want to, though, so please, like i said already, make sure you look at characters already accepted! our profiles should be relatively quick-and-easy to skim through, so it shouldn't take too long to glaze over the characters.

aand, as long as you feel you can handle multiple characters, i'm going to say you're all allowed two to, maybe, four characters. i don't know yet. we'll see how it goes. i know some people are exploding with creativity and some of us aren't, so...yeah.

concerning gijinka characters:
                          tab please watch the misc post below to avoid any hassle for your characters! only one of each pokémon species will be allowed. for example, if someone has made a flareon gijinka then please don't make another one! if you need help to find a picture, bunilla kiss may be willing to spend hours going through everything on zerochan for the hundredth time. just ask!
                          tab only one legendary gijinka per role player will be permitted.
                          concerning pokémon in a trainer's party:
                          tab although i encourage you all to diversify your pokémon teammates, it's okay for trainers to have a pokémon that someone else already has on their team UNLESS it is an eeveelution. there will be only one of each eeveelution allowed in the role play. in edition to that, similarly to the legendary gijinka rule, only one eeveelution per role player will be permitted. for example: sue has two characters and she wants one of them to own a vaporeon. if someone else hasn't claimed vaporeon for one of their characters already, sue is free to do so! however, even if it's for a different character, she cannot take another eeveelution.
                          tab absolutely no legendary pokémon!

tab tab ◣⊹ O4. RESERVES & PROFILES ◞*
                        head on over to the application thread to find instructions and the coding for both your reserves and profiles!

• unavailable gijinka ◞*
                  tab charizard, lucario, samurott, xerneas

unavailable eeveelutions ◞*
                  tab espeon, umbreon

limited character ideas ◞*
                  tab these are up for grabs after the first two or three people join maybe
                  ⊹ retired gym leader/elite four member of whatever region. maybe one of both.
                  tab note: these two i suggest actually living in durinvale so they would not be under the misc roles.
                  ⊹ a regional champion visiting for upcoming tournament (either traditional battling or coordinator).
                  tab there are only three misc roles available so i may prefer that this kind of character take up a temp job role rather than a misc spot (maybetheyendupstaying) but i don't think i'll say no -- as long as the misc roles aren't the first being taken. we may add more in the future, maybe, but...we'll see.

notes & questions! ◞*
                  tab note: our role play characters are not the only people in town! that means there are lots of NPCs, so your character doesn't have to be the one at their workplace all day. swap things around with NPCs to give your chars more free time! it is OKAY to not be at work all the time, 'cause that'd be really boring if no one's visiting your character, lol. i don't want anyone to feel stuck, so yeah, pick a handful of hours that can be during any time that their workplace is open and have fun!

tab also note: in edition to the town having a decent NPC population, the roles listed below are definitely not the only jobs/stores/places/whatever in town. there IS a school, bunilla decrees that there IS an aquarium, there ARE other ordinary shops for things like clothing, video games (woo, arcades!), other electronics, antiques, and etc. so feel free to use your imagination! in fact, if you want, your character can work two (part-time) jobs: one of the listed roles, and, say, an (unlisted) sales rep at so-and-so or a waiter/waitress at something-restaurant-or-other or maybe even a janitor or mechanic!

tab note: it's okay to have your character room with someone else's character whether they know each other or not. this especially applies to apartments and condos! just make sure everyone involved is okay with it OOCly first (they don't have to be OK with it ICly winkwink). also, other RP characters besides the mayor may live in the mansion if he/she wants! it's super easy to add someone to the mansion, so yeah, don't be afraid to ask. it's also okay to fill wherever your character lives with family members! or, if you're the mayor, lots and lots of maids/butlers~ (you can even ask if someone else would like to snag control of one of these "NPC" characters for you)

tab i don't know what else to put here, but just in case, don't be afraid to ask! ;u;

derpadoop p.s. we need a diddly on battling just in case people do want to do that

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

tab CAFÉ && BAKERY◞*
                                    tab tab OWNER - BAKER - WAITER/ESS
                                    User Image User Image User Image

tab INN && TAVERN◞*
                                    tab tab OWNER - MAID/BUTLER - BARTENDER - WAITRESS
                                    User Image User Image User Image User Image

tab TOWN HALL◞*
                                    tab tab MAYOR - SECRETARY - MAILMAN

tab POLICE DEPARTMENT◞*
                                    tab tab CAPTAIN - OFFICER - OFFICER

tab CLINIC◞*
                                    tab tab DOCTOR - NURSE
                                    User Image User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

tab GENERAL MART◞*
                                    tab tab OWNER - FLORIST
                                    User Image User Image

tab CHURCH && GRAVEYARD, LIBRARY◞*
                                    tab tab PRIEST - GRAVEDIGGER - LIBRARIAN

tab OUT-OF-TOWN JOBS◞*
                                    tab tab FARMER - RANCHER - FISHERMAN - MARINER

tab MISCELLANEOUS◞*
                                    tab tab TRAVELING MUSICIAN - CHOOSE - CHOOSE - CHOOSE

User Image
                              ██ █ NORTH DURINVALE ◞*♕
                              the hub of the town, this is where most shops are located. it is a fairly central location with a large,
                              open square that street vendors and merchants use to sell their wares from time to time. this is
                              also the very place where most festivals are held.

:café & bakery ▬▬ tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab x :inn & tavern ▬▬
                                  tab ▰▰▰ 10AM - 8PM; CLOSED on Thurs. & Sun. tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ▰▰▰ 8AM - 12AM; CLOSED on Sat & Sun.
                                  User Image tab tab tab tab User Image
                                  tab OWNER | BAKER | WAITER/ESS tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab OWNER | MAID/BUTLER | BARTENDER | WAITRESS

:town hall ▬▬ tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab :police department ▬▬
                                  tab ▰▰▰8AM - 5PM; CLOSED on Sat. & Sun. tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ▰▰▰8AM - 10PM & on-call; CLOSED on Mon. and Sun.
                                  User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. tab tab tab tab User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                  tab MAYOR | SECRETARY | MAILMAN tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab CAPTAIN | OFFICER | OFFICER

██ █ WEST DURINVALE ◞*♕
                              a quieter, more rural community of durinvale, and much less of a shopping hub than the north. this
                              small, secluded area holds a few select shops as well as the church and library. this is a wonderful
                              part of durinvale to spend a quiet day, or make a stop into the clinic if need be.

:clinic ▬▬ tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab |:general mart ▬▬
                                  tab ▰▰▰8AM - 8PM & on-call; CLOSED on Wed. and Sun. tab tab tab tab tab ▰▰▰7AM - 12AM; CLOSED on Tues. and Sun.
                                  User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. tab tab tab tab User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                  tab DOCTOR | NURSE tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab . OWNER | FLORIST

:library ▬▬ tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab xx:church & graveyard ▬▬
                                  tab ▰▰▰9AM - 8PM; CLOSED on Mon. and Sun. tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ▰▰▰8AM - 2PM; CLOSED on Thurs. & Fri.
                                  tab LIBRARIAN tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab PRIEST | GRAVEDIGGER

██ █ SOUTH DURINVALE ◞*♕
                              known to some as the art district, south durinvale is centered around a large, lush green park that
                              holds durinvale's wishing fountain. here you can usually find travelers or street performers looking
                              to make a bit of pocket change, or a few street vendors selling delicious goodies. just beyond
                              the park lies durinvale's coast and beaches.

:miscellaneous ▬▬
                                  tab ▰▰▰work on own time
                                  TRAVELING MUSICIAN | CHOOSE | CHOOSE | CHOOSE

██ █ OUTSIDE OF TOWN ◞*♕
                              just outside of durinvale lies endless expanses of lush, green scenery. to the south, the ocean
                              washes up gently against the shores of sandy beaches. on the horizon lies a small island where
                              a few festivals are held in the summer. to the west one can find the dense durinvale forests,
                              where the remains of an old tree house are hidden, along with some mysterious ruins that tend
                              to draw the attention of the children. to the north, just beyond the town hall, the mountains can
                              be seen rising in the distance. following the path out of town will lead you there, where the town
                              of andora is settled a few days away on foot. and finally, to the east lie the farmlands that span
                              most of durinvale's countryside. miles and miles of green and grazing animals are all that can be
                              seen in this rural part of the community.

a note about the mariner: one of his/her obligations is to ferry people from durinvale to (islandname) and preferably -- although he/she doesn't have to -- give any tourists a mini tour. during rp, though, he/she probably won't be doing a lot of ferrying except during events, so, the rest of the role will be left up to the role player! and by that i mean: he/she can be licensed or unlicensed; a ex-navy sailor; a fishing boat captain; just a plain-and-simple captain of the ferry; or something else that you think will be fun. it's up to you! he/she can be lazy and just mess around when nobody is around to ferry, or he/she can have another (unlisted in character roles) job, such as something to do with an aquarium (hehebunhehe) or a boat/bait-and-tackle shop, e.g. mini gander mountain! just let us know what you decide and we'll change this tidbit up to let other RPers know for quick reference.

:farmlands ▬▬ tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab x :docks, coast, & sea ▬▬
                                  tab ▰▰▰work on own time tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ▰▰▰work on own time
                                  tab FARMER | RANCHER | tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab FISHERMAN | MARINER

:forests ▬▬ tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab o :mountains ▬▬
                                  tab ▰▰▰abandoned kids' tree house tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ▰▰▰spooksy mountain trail
                                  tab ▰▰▰spooksy forest trail tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ▰▰▰mysterious ruins

User Image

east durinvale is better known as the housing district, and while it lacks the shops and attractions
                              that the other sections of durinvale provide, it is where the apartments and condos reside. houses
                              are spread around the districts, one per each section of the city with the exception of the west
                              district, where there are two homes built fairly close to one another. the mayor's mansion can be
                              found in the north district, close by the town hall. each of the beach houses is located in the south
                              district, directly on the coast of durinvale. the cabin in the woods lies hidden just outside the west
                              district, settled in the thick forest behind the library.

██ █ DURINVALE INN ◞*♕ tab tab tab tab tab tab tab t██ █ HOUSES ◞*♕
                              User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. tab tab tab tab .User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

O1: resident tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab o O1: resident
                                  O2: resident tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab o O2: resident
                                  O3: resident tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab o O3: resident
                                  O4: resident tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab o O4: resident
                                  O5: resident tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab o O5: resident

██ █ APARTMENTS ◞*♕ tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab t██ █ CONDOS ◞*♕
                              User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. tab tab tab tab .User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

O2: resident tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab o O2: resident
                                  O3: resident tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab o O3: resident
                                  O4: resident tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab o O4: resident
                                  O5: resident tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab o O5: resident

██ █ BEACH HOUSES ◞*♕ tab tab tab tab tab tab tab O██ █ CABIN IN THE WOODS ◞*♕

O2: resident

██ █ MANSION ◞*♕

O1: mayor

◞{ AUTUMN } *
                            tab SPOOKY DAY!

01 02 02 04 03 06 04
                            05 09 06 07 07 08 08
                            09 16 10 18 11 20 12
                            13 23 14

███ █ TODAY'S WEATHER FORECAST ◞*♕
                        "Gooood morning, Durinvale! In case you haven't checked your calendars this morning, today is Autumn 13th, and you know what that means! Iiit's Spooky Day! Are you excited? I sure am! There's a bit of an overcast this morning -- ha, how fitting -- but don't worry: later on the sky will clear up and we'll be having beautiful weather the rest of the day! Be careful when you're out trick-or-treating tonight, though, because it's going to get a bit chilly. Have a spooky day, folks!

Oh, and don't stay out too late tonight if you're planning on going to the Spooky Ball tomorrow!"

███ █ && RIGHT NOW IT'S... ◞*♕
                        ...still morning, and there's definitely an overcast! Good thing the weatherman didn't say anything about rain...

███ █ THIS SEASON'S FESTIVITIES ◞*♕
                        EVENTS
                          03: Renaissance Fair
                          09: Harvest Festival
                          13: Spooky Day
                          14: Spooky Ball

BIRTHDAYS
                          07: Orion Hikari

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff