User Image

»xxx Y V E T T E K L E I N

» FULL NAME :: Yvette Klein
                                      » AGE :: Twenty-two
                                      » BIRTHDATE :: April 4th
                                      » BLOOD TYPE :: O
                                      » OCCUPATION :: Nurse/Technician
                                      » STATUS :: Single ;D

Why, hello there! I'm Yvette. There's not really a cute way to shorten my name and I hate being called Yve, so if you'd just call me Yvette, I'd appreciate it! I work as a nurse and technician in the same hospital as Nate! Isn't that exciting? Never a dull day at the office. But how would you find me? Well here's what I look like. I'm close to 5'8" or so. It's been a while since I've measured, but when I'm not in the hospital, I'm usually wearing low heels. They're adorable, aren't they? Moving onwards! My hair is an auburn sort of color that borders on brown. It's all rich like cherry wood! I also wear it long and typically with its natural wave, but I'm not beyond straightening it or curling it more. Now, I know that you'd think a girl like me would probably frequent a tanning booth or something, but I have very fair skin that causes me to burn at the thought of it. I'd prefer to be pale than to be the color of cooked lobster! My eyes are also a chocolate brown kind of color. I've heard it said that I look dark and mysterious some of the time...which I really don't mind. I suppose the other things that you should know is that I'm usually make up and my hair is usually styled. I take pride in my appearance and I also wear clothes that show off my assets. Yes. I'm thin, but I'm not without subtle curve! And it's all natural, I'll have you know. Not that it's any of your business.

███████#8A778D
███████#C46A76
███████#66364E

Invisible Conversationalist

User Image

» Fill in the blanksxxxxxxx

Right. Quick and easy history time. I was born to my parents, obviously. My mother teaches French (as she’s actually French. Native French…teaching French. You put the pieces together) and my father is a doctor. Don’t look too surprised there. I guess the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree after all, hm? Now! I’m the only child. I know, bask in my glory. I got all of the attention and all of the praise. Naturally, my parents thought I was some kind of prodigy child and I took on dance and music and all those typical girly things that you hear rumors of parents doing all the time. I aced recitals for ballet and performed fabulously in the mini concerts they had for us in the afternoon. I wore those poofy dresses and went to the extent of having my hair done. Not that I asked for it, but forgive me if I seem a bit like a princess.

So, that was my childhood, plain and simple. Not a lot happened that was all that drastic. I would go to school and come home to practice whatever it was and I found myself moving from piano to violin to whatever else I could put my hands on. I even taught myself harmonica. Totally sexy, right? But still, it didn’t earn me too many points. My dad got onto me for not being ambitious enough and my mother just thought I was being amusing. I think he eventually got over it once I brought home perfect marks on all my progress reports and report cards. At school there’s always one kid that’s called the ‘teacher’s pet’. All through elementary school, that’s what it was. Not that I minded. What was wrong with helping the teacher? What was wrong with knowing the answers?

It didn’t really change as I grew up either. My hobbies rarely altered. I kept up with music more than dance though. Blame that on a broken toe and the fact that puberty was destined to make me not a dancer. It just made more time for music. And French. I started languages pretty early on and my mother really wanted me to know French for some reason. I’d learned it right along with English though. Not that it matters, but I’m fluent in French and Spanish on top of English. I sort of…forgot the rest of whatever it was. Latin. She tried really hard with Latin. Little did I know there was a reason she wanted me to take French. Apparently there were some kind of powers involved with her family that were kept super hush-hush. I don’t blame them either because I was ‘blessed’, and I use the term lightly, with the traits of lightning. Scary, right? She figured it out around the time I was thirteen and we started making annual trips in October back to her home town where I had to go through cleansing at this relic…temple…thing. Still not my cup of tea, but that’s what it was. Call it training on the go, but it was to be kept an absolute secret even though I didn’t know what all I was capable of.

Beside the point! I was aces all through school. I had friends and I had people that picked on me. It was pretty quick that I learned there were two categories of people. There were the pretty people who were popular and had all the cute clothes and got invited to the parties and had the boyfriends…and then there were the smart people who stuck to their books and generally had no social skills. So, I guess it could be that you were considered a stupid pretty girl…or a smart ugly girl. I didn’t believe in that crap, believe it or not. I had my string of boyfriends that were merely temporary because they would treat me like garbage once I told them they couldn’t have my notes. By my junior year, I was labeled ‘unattainable’ and didn’t mind it one bit. Call me high strung if you’d like, but I prefer being able to choose rather than have life chosen for me.

My father had other plans, though. I went to the local college for a term and took a music class and fell in love. I wanted to major in music so badly, but my father just pulled me aside and gave me this whole talk about how I needed to have something strong to base myself on. I’m a sucker for my dad, so I quickly looked into being a doctor. He wanted someone to take over his practice eventually, but as soon as I started looking into it, I realized I didn’t want to be a doctor, but a nurse. I made friends with pretty much everyone in my classes leading all through school. It wasn’t like it was hard. I had study groups and everything, but I just wanted to get out of there, honestly.

Then I realized it wasn’t really for me. So I moved schools. I moved away from home about two hours away to this other college that was a little larger and better. I had my small apartment and a new campus to learn, but I ran into some luck by way of a student that was studying at one of the tables. There was this group around him and it was just like I was a moth drawn to the flame too. Another check on the luck that those were all medical books on that table and he was talking just like he’d been in some of the same classes I’d been taking…only he was much more interesting. When he took notice of me, I’m sure I blushed, but he introduced the table around and pointed to himself. His name was Nathan, but everyone called him Nate. It was a quick catch on and he jumped up when I mentioned I was looking for a professor’s office.

He rambled on like it was nothing and I really couldn’t help myself. Something about the way he was just made my heart flutter a little and then…we got the office. But it didn’t end there! I got my schedule from that professor and then Nate showed me around. There was a lot of laughing, but it turned out we had a class or two together as well! I promised I would buy a lottery ticket on the way home. My luck was turning out to be ridiculous! We parted ways, but we saw each other often and we were in some of the same study circles. His friends slowly became my friends and I even went on a date with a few of them, but really…I had eyes for Nate. Then I found out about the girlfriend…and the brother…and the roommate…and everything as soon as he and I started talking and being in the same smaller classes and whatever. You can imagine what the shock was when Nate just sort of up and ran off for a while. I mean, we were in the middle of a surgery! No one leaves at that, but I guess the phone call was important.

I covered for him the best I could until anyone heard anything and as soon as I heard he’d come back, I darted off to the office that one of our pal’s said he’d gone to. Standing outside, I learned that his brother had been in some accident. Poor thing. Nate, I mean. His brother too. He loved his brother to pieces from the way he always talked about him. So I backtracked down the hall and ran up on him soon after he left the room. I tried to make it seem like I didn’t notice anything from before, which was easy because I was so excited to see him. Soon enough, I was offering to help him in catching up and even after that, I was allowed to come by the apartment once in a while. I knew not to overstay my welcome, but still. We went over notes and things and soon enough he was caught up and we graduated. Now we even work in the same hospital, but I stay my distance. We have fun at work and sometimes we’ll grab lunch together, but he finally seems…stable. I was worried about him for a while, but now I just need to stop worrying so much about him and worry about myself…or just the fact that we’re okay being friends for now. Perhaps that will change, but I doubt it.

Though now that you mention it. It’s a little strange that I don’t shock him when I touch him, isn’t it? Hm. Totally weird.

User Image

» Beneath the Surfacexxxxxxx

» Competitive :: There's this little thing called competition that I take very seriously! My parents weren't too sure I'd even be able to get my way through med school. Weren't they surprised, hm? But even then it's not just that, but anything. I don't like being told that I've lost when the battle's only just begun.

» Helpful :: This should be pretty obvious, right? I mean, I'm a nurse. It's my job to help people, but even outside of work I like to help people. That includes telling people that colors look awful on them and they should really rethink the size on that dress.

» Energetic :: Don't let life get you down! Life is always buzzing all around us and I'm not going to let it get away from me! I like keeping busy, though there are days when I just melt into bed after a long shift at work. Ask Nate, I'm sure he knows exactly what I'm talking about.

» Confident :: I like how I look. I'm not afraid of flaunting how I look either. Though I suppose that sounds a bit shallow, doesn't it? You have to be sure of yourself when you're put in tough situations all the time, so the confidence might come off as arrogance and I apologize if you're offended by that.

» Flirtatious :: Now this is something that comes naturally. I flirt my way out of things and into things all the time. Could it be trouble? Absolutely, but I'm not beyond batting my eyelashes and telling a few white lies to get my way or a free drink.

» Secretive :: I'm not always upfront with what I tell people. Sometimes I try to adjust to someone they would like before I go asking for everything, but there are some things that other people simply don't need to know.

» Defensive :: I'm quick to jump on the defensive side of things. I can probably cry on a dime if I needed to...I've gotten out of traffic tickets that way, matter of fact. Don't come at me with your accusations and expect me to go along with it.

» Thumbs Up!xxxxxxx

» Jewelry :: Earrings, necklaces, rings, bracelets...all of it. If it's shiny and I can put it together with an outfit, I'm in for it.

» Shoes :: It's a weakness. I love shoes. I buy pairs of shoes and plan on clothes to buy or wear with them. When I feel awful, I go shoe shopping. Typical girl, right?

» The Beach :: The sand in your toes, a drink in hand, sunscreen enough to go around, and all those cute swimsuits? Those attractive half dressed men? Sign me up.

» Parties :: Well, I guess this should be more like 'nights on the town'? I like going out and dressing up and dancing and getting boys to buy me drinks. Whether its on my own or out with the girls, I'm bound to have a good time!

» Guitar :: It's an instrument I picked up in high school and I've still not given it up. Not that I don't know others as well, I just like guitar best right now. My father thought it was a bad life choice to think I could go on with a music degree or anything, but I play it from time to time and I really enjoy it along with singing and writing some songs...sometimes.

» Teaching :: Little known fact, I tutor kids when I have free time. Sometimes the kids in the hospital need help and I love helping them out! My mother was a teacher, so I grew up learning from her. I guess you could say that I took on some of her traits when I started doing this.

» Cooking :: Now I'm not experimental to just throw things around in the kitchen, but I like trying new recipes and things! It's something to focus on and it's fun. Plus you can watch what it is that's going into your food. I like going out as much as the next girl, but there's something to be said about being able to cook for yourself too.

» Thumbs Down!xxxxxxx

» Sweating :: I feel disgusting when I'm all sweaty and gross and I'm not planning on it. Humidity is not my friend and neither are these long runs or doing anything that physical. I don't know what kind of lady would be that way, actually.

» Making Mistakes :: Well, I don't like making mistakes and I don't like being caught making them. There's not much of a difference in my head, but would you like it if you were caught giving someone the wrong dosage of the wrong drug? It's the worst feeling in the world..and then you have to go back and fix it.

» Getting Caught :: Like I said before, I don't like being caught in little lies and making mistakes or pretty much any other occasion. Unless I'm falling. Then please catch me.

» Screaming :: That shrill noise of a woman screaming is one of the worst. Kids are really bad for it. I don't like it because it usually means fear, pain, or fighting. Not a fan of either three options.

» Storms :: This is a little trickier to explain. I get really bad headaches during storms and the pressure isn't good for anyone. Plus, it raises humidity and you know how bad that is for hair, right? I just like to curl up in bed and sleep through storms so I don't lash out on accident.

» X Marks the Spotxxxxxxx

» Loss of Control :: Around those that are close to me, I'm especially afraid of losing control of my powers. Not many know I have them. I'm not even sure my parents really know I have them or if they're just guessing, but it's hard. It's hard to keep it together sometimes.

» Loss of Sight :: I would hate to be blind. My life would just....be awful.

» Beyond Normalityxxxxxxx

» Positive/Negative :: My powers lie in electricity. Scary, right? Now, I can take the electrical power of something and drain it into my body or I can take the charge in my body and push it into something else. Neat, right? Not so much. I can only take so much or be drained so much before problems start to rise. It also means that I can throw shocks at a distance. Kind of like...balls I can lob at an enemy or something obnoxious.

» Build Up :: I can use the built up electricity in my body for different things, actually. If you touch me and I'm surprised, I'll often shock you. Nothing major! Just like static. So it's usually overlooked. Weird how I don't seem to shock Nate even when I want to. Anyway! I can use electric things even when there's no electricity! Really comes in handy when I'm getting ready in the morning and the lights are out. I can still use my hair dryer! Though it has its bad points too. If I get angry on the phone, my phone usually gets fried because I lose that little bit of momentary control. Best not to get me angry when I'm freshly charged then~

» Deference :: This one's easy. I can call electricity away from people and pull it into myself. Yes, there are limits, but I act as...the tallest steel rod in the middle of a field, if you will.

» Circuit :: Busted wire? I can jump in the middle of it and act as the completed circuit. Creepy, right? But it just passes right through me.

User Image
                                » Nathan Bennettxxxxxxx

Ahh. Nate. He's darling, isn't he? Not only is he handsome, but he's super nice and always willing to lend a hand. I mean, sometimes I'm afraid that he's wearing himself out being so nice to people, but that's his business, isn't it? I wish I could say it wasn't so, but I'm smitten with him. I have been ever since medical school and I transferred. I mean, he was so nice to me when I was looking all sorts of lost and its thanks to him I have most of the friends I have now. It makes me wish that Mallory wasn't in the picture because so many people call us the 'hospital couple' even though I know it couldn't be further from the truth. Won't keep me from trying though, I'm afraid. He really is amazing...to be taking care of his brother the way he is takes something...I don't know where he gets all that strength.

User Image
                                » Jonathan Bennettxxxxxxx

Nate's little brother! He's adorable, right? I can't help but feel he's afraid of me sometimes, but it doesn't stop me from giving him hugs! When he first moved in with Nate, I got to see him a bunch because of the little cram study sessions I'd have with his brother. The boy can cook! That much is for certain. Most of the time he keeps to himself, which is fine, but I wish he'd open up a little more. He looks like he could use another friend! Plus~ He's close to Nate. Plus in my book!

User Image
                                » Mallory Trimblexxxxxxx

Hmm. You know how you've got those people that just...don't like you? I feel like Mallory feels that way toward me. Granted, I'm not all sunshine and daisies toward her, but that doesn't mean I don't try. I mean, mostly for Nate's sake. I don't want to cause him trouble, but it is fun to get her riled up. Once, I touched Nate's arm while he was with her and the look on her face! It startled me so much. I didn't know she could be so....so....hmmm. Uncute? Is that too mean? Ah well. She works at some gym or something. Perhaps that's where she can work out some of that anger.

User Image
                                » Micah Cameronxxxxxxx

I haven't heard too too much about Micah, though Nate's mentioned him a few times. I know that he's a student and that he's blond and he's a lot nicer than Mallory makes him out to be. It makes me wonder what's really up. I mean, I've met him in passing once or twice, but we've not had any super long conversations that I remember. Doesn't mean I couldn't have had a glass of wine or five in the instance~ I do think he's handsome, no? Mallory's lucky to live with all these good looking men! At least that's one thing she has going for her.

xxxxxxxxxxყʋҽȶȶҽ ӄℓҽɩɳxxxxxxxxxx
With the v o l t a g e running through her skin...
User Image

”Yeah…Mom, I just landed. I’m walking out to the cabs now…”

The click of the rolling suitcase on the tiled floor of the airport was beginning to get more and more rhythmic as she walked in a straight line. The chatter made it hard to hear who was on the other side of the cell phone, but it wasn’t too hard to guess what the questions were. ”Yes. The flight was long, but I’m glad to be home. You know I’m always glad to go and always glad to be back. Yes. She sends her love and she’s sad you couldn’t be there this year. Yes, she understands. Look, Mom, I’m getting in the cab now. I’ll call you tomorrow. Let me get over this jetlag, okay? Haha. Tell Daddy I’m back too, okay? Love you guys.” Clasping the phone shut in just another moment, she tossed it into her purse and hefted her bag into the trunk with a little effort. Once in the backseat, she rattled off her address and then leaned back.

Home. She was home. And in enough time to actually do something for Halloween. Her original tickets had been scheduled for two days from now, but through some shifting around and an impossibly timed flight, Yvette Klein had set foot in the United States once more. Now all she had to do was get home and find some semblance of a costume so she could head over to the party. Nate already knew not to expect her mostly because she’d asked him to take over her shift for the day. He never could say no, could he? Thinking of him made her giggle a bit as she got out of the cab after paying and hauled her luggage upstairs. To think that it’d been another year and one of her first years going to the cleansing on her own. If her mother hadn’t had the lectures lined up how they were, Yvette would have had company, but it was almost better without the added distraction.

Letting herself into her apartment, she sighed and flopped on her bed. Next thing she knew, she was rolling over all wrapped up in a blanket and looking at her clock with widened eyes. ”Shoot. Shoot shot shoot.” Having no intention of falling asleep, she scrambled to her closet and threw the doors open. Shuffling through hangers and clothes all neatly hung, her dark eyes narrowed as she tried to find some kind of costume in the clothes she already had. Eventually, she automatically tugged on what looked like a school girl’s outfit with a plaid skirt, white button down tied up to bare her midriff, stockings, heels, and a cardigan. It was chilly out, after all. Sliding into her bathroom, she tied her hair up into pigtails that rested behind her ears and then shoved her feet into a pair of black high heels that set off the white thigh high stockings, lace tops somewhat visible underneath the hem of the skirt.

”Maybe this is a bit much…” She muttered lowly, giving herself a once over in the mirror. Pushing a pair of glasses on her face, Yvette wasted no more time in grabbing her purse and throwing her suitcase open to retrieve the gift she’d brought back for Nate. Yeah yeah, it wasn’t allowed, but Yvette was beyond it. If you knew how to handle it, you could get away with lots of things. Still, she rummaged through the things on her small kitchen table and grabbed the bag of candy she got before she’d left on the trip just in case. Satisfied with that, she smiled and backed out of the apartment before heading over to the next apartment complex. It was always exciting to surprise someone, though when she finally arrived, the door was closed. Voices were easily heard on the other side, but it didn’t stop her from tilting her head curiously. Adjusting her top, realizing now she should have grabbed a necklace or a pair of earrings on the way out, she cleared her throat and knocked at the door.

Hearing Nate’s voice on the other side, she grinned and then wasted no time in pulling her arms around him. ”Nate! I just got back! They switched my ticket for me so I could come!” Finally looking at his face, she laughed at his Britney Spears jab and gave him a playful punch in the shoulder. “Here! I brought this back for you guys to share. And I didn’t know if you’d have enough candy, but you know…it can never be too sweet for a Halloween party! You look awful, by the way.” Reaching to his face to poke at some of the scars, she crinkled her nose and leaned in a little closer. ”I expected better from you, Nate! And it’s your party.” Unable to help the pout on her lips, she crossed her arms over her chest.

”Well, if you’ll remember correctly, I was taking over someone else’s shift.” The way his eyes bore into her just made that pout turn into a sheepish grin before she swatted at him playfully. ”Fine…fine. Now, where’s Jonathan? And all the others? Are they all here?” Getting her answer, she smiled widely, handed over the gifts, and started on her prowl. Now, Jonathan was really her target, though it would be nice to know where to avoid in case of Mallory showing up and chewing her out for some unknown reason. What was it that Nate had said? Big colored hat? Skimming the room with narrowed eyes, she grinned in delight as she spotted him and her shoes clicked with every step over to him on the couch. No doubt he couldn’t see up to see her through the brim of that hat, so she simply took the edge between forefinger and thumb and leaned over so she was nearly upside down peeking down to him. ”Anyone home?~ Nate told me you were over here and I wanted to come say hello~” Slumping down on the couch next to him, Yvette was quick to pull her arms around him in a hug and smiled brightly. ”How are you, Jonathan? I just caught a peek at the kitchen and it looks amazing! Nate wasn’t lying when he said you were quite the cook. And you make an adorable witch too.” Reaching to fix a fold in the costume, she smiled on and then turned all of her focus to him, tilting her head in wait for an answer. However long it took, she would wait. Jonathan certainly deserved that.

xxxxxxxxx
She's got the p o w e r in her hand to s h o c k you like you won't believe

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas