Welcome to Gaia! ::

No Winner

33,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • Magical Girl 50

User Image
Name of Color Scheme
Still a WIP, leaning towards Muted Earth/Muted maybe add some alt-codes just for a e s ✝ h e ✝ II c sake
Muted Earth is the full name of the scheme and the descriptive name is Muted or Tone(d) or Diminish(ed) or Muffle(d)(haven't decided which--leaning towards diminished or toned since they can have double entendre to both music & art)

There's a really cool sound in Scottish Gaelic (read the first spoiler of the last post to see why this means so much to me!) that has no true equivalent in English and that is the ɯː sound! Since the character kind of looks like an upside down 'm' I could definitely use that character for the word. ɯːuted

Although, it does kind of look like a w, don't want people to get confused and start calling it "Wooted" lmao

So maybe... I could use upside down letters? pǝʇnɯː

ayyeee I kinda like that (would those characters even work? I've seen emojis in item titles before, if those simple af letters don't work that would be ridiculoso, mane)

Disclaimer: This is mostly just a creative outlet for me to brainstorm and ramble. And for fun, of course! I don't think this will ever become a thing unless multiple people really like this and are willing to help me make it become a thing.

No Winner

33,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • Magical Girl 50
User Image
Description and idea story

Update:

Whenever I've been attempting to create a pǝʇnɯː avatar lately, I've been using Miserable purple in place of the mournful sky blue/lily/perwinkle gradient thing. This has caused all of my avatars to lose the more blue side that I originally included in this color scheme. HOWEVER, I do still want to include that sky blue color, I just won't be using it in my avatars because it is so tedious looking for mournful/cabochomp/skyblue/lily/periwinkle/winterstorm/whatevertheheckelse items while trying to make a pǝʇnɯː avatar. Just imagine each Miserable purple item has a sky blue gradient attached to it.

I'm also thinking of maybe making the blue color a gradient with the gray instead of the purple. The blue, when placed in a gradient with gray, almost looks just like a highlight on the gray. This would create the perfect "silver gray"!

x~*silver gray*~x

eh? whatd'ya think?

And back to the old stuff:

Okay, I'm going to try to explain this in color scheme talk. Ahem. Muted is a color scheme with seabreeze green, mournful sky blue/lily and periwinkle and silver gray (is that even a thing?) Well, I tried. I feel like I would be the worst guide keeper ever lol

The origin story went a little something like this.

My favorite colors are bluish pastel purple (lavender) and a gray pastel green. I also really like cool light gray (or silver) but I didn't think about this until later on. So I really started wondering what this mix of colors would look like in a color scheme.

The green color already exists on Gaia and that's seabreeze. 75% of seabreeze items are soooo super expensive omg. And if it weren't for that, I probably would have never even thought about making a scheme. I would just be buying up all of the seabreeze items.

At first, I thought that the scheme might be a little too close to Melty and jokingly named it Meltybreeze. It's also kind of close to Cursed/Stagony! Cursedbreeze?

Then, I realized that the specific shade of lavender I was trying to go for is not even close to the lavender in Melty and the purple in Cursed is too warm. And then I remembered the Cabochomp item actually has something really close to the type of lavender I'm looking for. But... when you search Cabochomp you only get... this. Not that many items go by "Cabochomp." Well, it turns out, the color I like goes by "sky blue." And... "ghostly." And... "winterstorm." And "periwinkle" and "mourning"/"mournful." Wow, the specific purple I like goes by a lot of freakin names. So, for now, since you get the most consistent and the most volume of items from searching Periwinkle, I'm going with Periwinkle. (thank goodness I chose Astral in the Halloween event!)

So periwinkle and seabreeze. Peribreeze.... Seawinkle *snorts* Maybe not.

I eventually ended up researching other usermade color schemes and realized that most of them had a third (or even fourth) sort of... stability color. For this one, since it's all about muted colors, I went with gray. Or, to make it more fancy-sounding: silver. I also came up with a just-in-case fourth color: the blue that you sometimes see in periwinkle items as well.

So, basically what I have in mind is Melty but waaaay toned down to a silver-ish lavender and the already existing seabreeze color. More intricately, with gray and/or a light grayish blue to help the cool, muted effect.

Here is my actual though process with coming up with a name:

Maybe "Earthykiss" would be better or... Mutedkiss? lol I don't know, I've never been good at names. Maybe I shouldn't play off of somebody else's name, I mean the base colors are the same but the actual colors are quite different from the melty scheme. So maybe just Muted Earth or Muted Sea (I kind of like the way Muted Earth sounds better reminds me of this gif.)

User Image

A thing I never really thought about until recently: Similar schemes

Edit1: Hold the phone, it seems there is a color scheme that already exists on Gaia kiiind of similar to this called: Seasalt. It seems to be usermade. I didn't even know this was a thing until 11/18/17 so don't blame me. The only thing, though is that it doesn't include that gorgeous lavender color, so I'm still keeping this thing up.

Edit2: We have found another similarity. I repeat, we have found another similarity. Gloomy is a thing. It's a mix between a usermade color scheme "Verdigris" green and "Miserable" purple. Again, we're missing a very important color in there but also, the verdigris color is a little too opaque for my taste. If it were seabreeze, this would pretty much be the scheme but without the gray and blue "stability" colors.

Edit3: omg, how in the world do I keep finding similarities, jeez. This time, I came across Saiphic. The colors, according to this guide are ivory, wintermint green, agate blue, lily purple, and light dusk. I actually am not as fond of this one as the other two I found before. I think it's the white, not too big on white in color schemes. But otherwise, this color scheme is reaaaaaally close to Muted. The green isn't necessarily right and the colors are overall too bright, but yeah, wow. Saiphic.

Edit4: So, this entire time, I've pretty much decided that the right shade of gray I like doesn't exist on this site. However, I came across the tag, "graphite" and that shade of gray might be the one I had in mind. Still, how awesome would it be to name my own shade of gray.
Edit4(pt2): The shade of gray I was talking about looks like it's 'Dove' not 'Graphite' according the Concrete Jungle Color Scheme guide

Edit5: oh nooooooooo... *lesigh* went on a hiatus and it seems like Gaia has taken the descriptive name of my color scheme. At first I thought it was a usermade scheme and I almost got soooo angry, but it looks like it's all Gaia's doing. Thank goodness I am a uniqueness/detail-nerd, though because I still have the full name: Muted Earth and the upside down/phonetic characters. So let it be known, in case someone wants to be a jerk and try to call me out on using a similar title as Gaia's color scheme, that the first official "Muted" item came out on 2018-06-20 while I created this post on 2017-11-12. I've been looking for new descriptive names and taken confidence in the fact that color schemes sometimes have two completely different names for the Title and for the Descriptive name (like how sometimes the Fafnir color scheme is described as Draconic in a lot of items that use it or how items that use Seabreeze are described as Salty).

No Winner

33,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • Magical Girl 50
User Image
Inspirations

Kind of inspired by natural seasides that aren't artificial/altered(green seafoam, gray rocks, lavender-blue accents in the water) because I find beaches with rocks and vegetation majestic as heck.

User Image
User Image

I reckon a lot of people won't like it because people seem to like vibrant colors, while I'm over here like "GRAY IS THE BEST COLOR."

It's actually very hard finding good examples of what I have in mind and this is the closest I got (which is actually very close!):
User Image

No Winner

33,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • Magical Girl 50
User Image
Swatches/Palettes and Moodboards

I originally went in with a very basic sampling of colors
User Image

But then I decided to find a good automatic color sampling website and this was the only one I really like:
User Image

Then I decided to manually take my own samples from the same picture to get closer colors and I marked my favorites with a heart:
User Image

Moodboards

No Winner

33,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • Magical Girl 50
User Image
Mocks and Concept Art

WIP Mocks for 'Untitled #1' (who knows how long will stay a WIP...)
Full Item:User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
With my base: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Seperate poses: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Concept art:

Title: pǝʇnɯː Street Oni Onna
Description:
Tags:

WIP Mocks for Spring Aries Recolor

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

WIP Mocks for tribute/memorial item for my bf, Dylan

Full item:
With my base:
Separate poses:
Concept art:

Title: I love you babe!
Description: Your pillsburry doughboy, Dylan
Tags:

pǝʇnɯː version:

Title: I'm sorry you felt pǝʇnɯː
Description:
Tags:

No Winner

33,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • Magical Girl 50
User Image
Attempted Avatars

Watch this color scheme evolve:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.*User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.*User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

✝ an example of ɥʇoƃ pǝʇnɯː
* pǝʇnɯː with gold/brown?

No Winner

33,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • Magical Girl 50
User Image
Other Ridiculous Ideas I've Had To Accompany This Color Scheme

Regardless of whether or not this scheme actually becomes a thing, I am having lots of fun pretending that I actually have the 5 quintillion gold I'd need to make this become a thing. And with that, I've come up with a lot of ridiculous ideas.

//Description idea//

This idea originally came from a dream, so it's bound to be kind of odd, but... I don't know... I kind of like odd. I decided to take on the recent Japanese/other language item description trend. I've been seeing it everywhere and I really like the idea of it, even though I hate bandwagoning... but hating bandwagoning is also a bandwagon these days, too, so I said eff it and just jumped on the bandwagon. But, instead of Japanese, Korean or... Chinese? (I think I saw one in Chinese), I will be typing out a sentence in normal English sentence structure and translating each word into one of the 5 languages I have learned/started learning:

English (English)
Spanish (Español)
Japanese (日本語)
Scottish Gaelic (Gàidhlig)
and
Korean (한국어)

So far, I'm just thinking of taking the sentence and revolving through the languages chronologically in the order that I started learning them. So if the sentence/phrase is, say, 16 words long, it would be

English español 日本語 gàidhlig, 한국어 english español. 日本語... gàidhlig 한국어 english. Español 日本語 gàidhlig 한국어 english.

At first, I was a little weary of the idea but... it started growing on me. Especially with the dichotomy between "mute" and being multilingual, I really think I could make a statement with it while also making it very special to me (instead of me just jumping on a bandwagon). The first description I came up with was something along the lines of: "Mute the colors, mute the Earth, amplify the music." My most recent (wip™) description idea is "People try to mute me, so I learned 4 more languages. 5 languages speak louder than 1, and if I try hard enough, their combined screams can help me break through that barrier." So there is a recurring theme of, "I like my colors muted but my voices deafening."

//Tags idea//
To accompany the ongoing theme of "music", I'll just randomly add some lyrics of my favorite songs to the tags. Unless that can't be done, then, oh well. But if it can be done...! Here's some of my favorites:

"You're right, there's nothing more lovely. There's nothing more profound than the certainty, than the certainty that all of this will end" -OK Go "The One Moment"

"And I, yeah, I still need you... but what good's that gonna do? Needing is one thing and getting... getting's another." -(also) OK Go "Needing/Getting"

"All the stores are bored with all your money. We follow what's to come. That's what they sold to me." -Two Door Cinema Club "Are We Ready? (Wreck)"

"Save up all the days, a routine malaise, just like yesterday I told you I would stay." -Grizzly Bear "Two Weeks"

"Do you have the time to listen to me whine about nothing and everything all at once?" -Green Day "Basket Case"

"It ain't the money and it sure as h3II ain't just for the fame, it's for the bodies I claim and lose." -My Chemical Romance "I Never Told You What I Do For A Living"

"But couldn't good be good enough? 'Cause nothing ever doesn't change but nothing changes much..." - OK Go "White Knuckles"

Now that I think about it, (and it might make more sense since I don't think you can repeat words in tags) I could probably get away with translating these lyrics to my 5 languages and putting them in the description. Maybe...

¿¿¿Themes???
As I've come up with more and more ideas for the behind-the-scenes type stuff for this color scheme, I've noticed a few themes popping up. Those are:

Languages
Music
Speaking up/Keeping silent
Being introverted (or independent?)
Being yourself
Standing out
Grayness

More so than not, these would probably be just a sort of structure for the types of things I want to say and put in the description (maybe even a title). I should also say another theme is "Moot"ness since most of the descriptions would be unreadable unless you also know Korean, English, Japanese, Scottish Gaelic and Spanish, are really good with google translate/translation apps (or, I guess, have read this post)

//Title stuff//

I think if muted were to become a thing, it would be mostly recolors (at least at first) and maybe one original item. With that being said, I'm not sure if the recolors would be able to be called pǝʇnɯː or if they would have to be reduced to Muted. Because, if I'm not mistaken, you don't get much say in it at all if they decide, on their own, to recolor an item in your color scheme. Right? But if I turn in a ticket to recolor an item, I can call it anything I want with the title. If that's true, any item I recolor to Muted will be called pǝʇnɯː _______ or ______ pǝʇnɯː so at least you'll know it's from me and not just a Gaia recolor or, I guess, a different user's recolor? (honestly, if this process ever gets to that point, I would be both amazed and discombobulated).

Edit (12/201 cool : So, that whole spiel I just went on about whether it should be Muted or pǝʇnɯː is thrown out the window since Gaia decided to release their own color scheme with the descriptive name [Muted. Well, good thing I came up with pǝʇnɯː amirite?

...The tickets that would need to be used...

I've lost count of the massive amount of usermade tickets that there are since the introduction of, like, the 5th ticket. So, I'll definitely have to do some studying to see which tickets would aid the creation of a color scheme best.

brb

Back from researching! Wow... so many things have changed I.... Anyways, I think these are the tickets I would end up using the most for this:

Golden (6 pose item)
Mini Golden (3 pose item)
/Baby Golden (add a pose to one of the above)
Baby Platinum (1 pose item)
Golden Scissor (single custom hair with 28 different colors: 4 items with 5 standard colors (I'm guessing it's the cool, warm, dark and light schemes), and another item with any 8 colors)
Silver Scissor (single custom hair with any 8 colors, so like Golden Scissor but without the standard color items)
Rainbow (recolor an item up to 10 poses)
Prism (recolors 6 poses of EI or REI)
Rainbow Parcel (choose any color scheme to recolor 4 items in a bundle, I can only choose one of those items and the other 3 are up to Gaia)
Beautician License (recolor a single hair or hair extension 8 times)
Accessory license (recolor single accessory 8 times--knowing me it would be all chokers, piercings and stockings)

I'm still waiting on that Frankenticket though. The one where it allows you recolor multiple poses from different items? Get on that, Gaia, I'm telling you, you're missing out!

//The type of items I'd want recolored//
Extensions and bangs
Face mods/Make up
Punk related items
Flower crowns (I'd love to see a silver flower crown omg)
Fox items
Owl items
Sheep items
Sheep Horns
Any Horns, really
Antlers
Items with Japanese culture influence
My own item, of course

I'm usually not too big on hair recolors but I do have a couple wigs/hair items that I really like and would love to see in pǝʇnɯː(this list has slowly been getting bigger, causing the point to be lost lol):
The Spring Sheep Heavenly Hair User Image
The ____ Pop Hair User Image
The Picnic Curls Hair User Image
The Got Buns Hair User Image
The Hop Off My Carrot Hair User Image
The Kinokoyi Hair User Image
The Breksta Hair User Image
The Arborem Fera Hair User Image
The Princess Kaguya Hair User Image
The Hex Education Hair User Image
The Night Shepherdess Hair User Image
The Sugar Star Kiss Curls Hair User Image
The Best Love Hair User Image
The Crescent Coiffure Hair User Image
The Ring Ring Hair User Image
The Concertino Tempo Hair User Image
The Gardealle Hair User Image
The Soultaker Hair User Image
The Geist Gatherer Hair User Image
...I think that's it?
Hmmm... there was also this one item that looked like really long wet-style hair and it was super expensive but I can't remember the name of it
Edit: I FOUND IT IT'S MITENALA
I mean...
The Mitenala Hair User Image

And specific items I want to recolor:
Daytime Snooze(mostly so I can recolor the glasses to gray or even black)
Shoe Collection
Undereye Eyeshadow (there's eight so... sky blue, seabreeze, periwinkle, silver, gray, dark gray... off black? and...???)
Catharsis Lucem
Your Dilemma (I might do muted goth for this one)

//Tags idea, pt 2//
Okay, after getting some research done, I definitely won't be able to do the music tagging idea that I had before. The rules state that the tags have to be relevant to the item. I guess that makes sense but... uggh. So, I'll be keeping that idea stashed for descriptions.

For tags I'll put my username (ha I wonder if cosmonecronomicornicon would even fit lmao), cosmo, muted, mutedearth, the colors (seabreeze, periwinkle, lily, sky blue, and whatever I decide to call that shade of gray), and then just some obscure thing slightly relating to the item. So when recoloring, say, the Got Buns hair, I could tag it with: my crazyhair cant be silenced tbh

???Another Stability Color???
Ok, so I feel like pǝʇnɯː is already doing too much but... I've been wondering what would happen if I add that light brown color that showed up in my color sampling to the scheme. Whew, I mean, pǝʇnɯː is already 4 colors deep: Sky blue, periwinkle, seabreeze and silver gray... but what if I add miori/sketchbook brown (or maybe my own version of brown) just as a back up? A lot of color schemes I've seen so far have said something along the lines of "This color scheme is this color, this color and this color, sometimes paired with off-black and/or gold." So, I think I'll keep sketchbook brown in my back pocket for whenever I feel like this scheme just needs that extra bit of... something.

Pt 2: I've also thought that perhaps I could use a slightly darker gray (almost like an off-black sort of deal) for the same effect.

Pt 3: So, I made ɥʇoƃ pǝʇnɯː a thing. I used off-black in this avatar, but I could switch it up with dark gray if that makes it work better.

Pt 4: I finally decided to try to incorporate that brown from the color sampling into my muted avatars! I ended up using what looks like it called "sable brown" the most. I actually think this works even better than ɥʇoƃ pǝʇnɯː but I'm unsure what I'd call it.

Poses that I would use with this color scheme
I've had this slowly growing list of poses I want to make into an item/items since 2013 (the year I got the golden ticket). The ones I've decided are the most important to make a thing are:

Oversized sweater that layers as a jacket (because Gaia doesn't have a lot of sweaters that layer this way, if any)
Suspenders at the sides (something that's a staple in my irl outfits so I neeeed it)
Chuck Taylor type shoes that aren't clunky (all the high top sneakers I've seen are either so old they clash with modern items or are so big they look awkward)
Docs that aren't clunky (we need more non-legmod work boots in this style tbh)
Tucked behind ear haircut (cuts just the ear out, might need multiple for different types of ears. This is a huge one for me, since I love my ear piercings and so many hairstyles cover the ears)
Ripped jeans cut (how many times have you just wished you could cut the knees out of your jeans on here? well, I've wanted it too many times to even count)
Sock length cut (when I first came up with this, there was 0 options for this type of thing but We Three Bears has one. I however, imagined a much simpler design [so no random bear thing on top of the cut] and varying lengths from ankle to calf to knee to above the knee/thigh)
Curly bangs that have at least one pose that matches the brown in ESoaG (curly bangs, nuff said. I really like the way the artist who made floofie bangs adds highlights to hair, so I'll most likely go for that style)

Also, being the ridiculously obsessive person that I am, I reckon I'll end up making homage items to some of my top fandoms such as:

Final Fantasy
Harry Potter
Doctor Who
Sherlock
Legend of Zelda
Youtube Personas like Dan&Phil, Rhett&Link, Game Theorists, Pewdiepie, jacksepticeye etc etc
And my HUNDREDS of bandoms, including, but not limited to: 2DCC, MCR, OKGO, AM, STROKES, FOB, WNH, W+M and that's not even touching all of the KPOP

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff