-Luca Ignazio {Livewire}
-Alexei Dementyev {Wildfire}
-Aspen Valerian {Kidnapped}
-Justine Anastasie {Kidnapped}

Ice-Cold Prophet

Sample

User ImageUser Image
                                              User ImageUser ImageUser Image
                                              The world was seriously ******** if Cain, of all people, was trying to make everyone wake the ******** up. What sort of weird blessing was that? It couldn't be that simple. Cain wasn't actually going to allow this, he had to be plotting some weird revenge scheme that ended in fire and tears and blood and acid. Luca refused to believe it would be that simple. But that didn't make it any easier when Tilden got up and walked away.

Numbness seeped into his bones, his posture rigid as Tilden put a hand on his shoulder and spoke empty words. He didn't move as he turned his back and left, pushing his way through the small crowd forming to try and leave. Everyone wanted to leave, and didn't that just ******** figure? You'd think he'd be used to getting left behind, but it never seemed to hurt any less. He was so, so tired of people just... walking out.

Luca stood, chair scraping the floor as he rose slowly from his seat. He reached out, fingers gripping the edge of the delicate soup bowl. Staring at it a long moment, he took note of the beautiful floral pattern on the rim. Not a single chip. He lifted it closer to his face, drops of leftover soup sliding around the dip of the bowl.

His arm was a blur as he pulled it back and threw it as hard as he could across the room. It whipped past Roman's head, shattering against the wall beside the door. He didn't waste time picking up his empty salad plate, pitching that against the wall too. After the salad plate was the wine glass, then the water glass, and then the pretty vase from the center of the table. All shattered, shards gathering in little piles on the floor.

Angry tears streamed down his face. He reached for something else, Tilden's soup bowl spilling it's contents when he picked that next and threw it just as hard. Biting the inside of his cheek was the only thing keeping him from screaming, the taste of blood flooding his mouth as his teeth tore flesh. He was running out of tableware, and the small pieces of destruction were losing their therapeutic effect.

The table would probably be too heavy, and so he instead picked up his chair. That got thrown against the wall as well, but when it didn't break, he stalked over and picked it up by the back. He swung it against the wall, one leg breaking off, and then two, and then it was splintering apart. Shards of wood dug into his hands, but the chair was finally broken and that made him feel just the tiniest bit better.

Oct was staring in horror, but he didn't make a move to stop him, and so Luca went back to the table and broke the rest of Tilden's place settings, and then Abel's, and then Roman's. He threw the silverware on the floor, kicking over Roman's chair on his way to Abel's. He dropped into the empty chair, crumbling almost immediately; his hands covered his face, and he bent completely over at the waist until the back of his hands were almost touching his knees and just cried. What a ******** mess.

[Location: The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, dining room] [Company: ew]

Ice-Cold Prophet

Sample

User ImageUser Image
                                            User Image
                                            Oct hugged his alpha hard, glad to see he was in relatively good spirits. He laughed at the comment on his family. "They're in Arizona with my brother and his family. I didn't want to leave you all for so long." Mostly because he was genuinely concerned about what might happen without him around to keep everyone from killing each other, but he didn't say that out loud. He didn't need to.

"I'm hoping he does." Tilden was always a bit of a wild card, and Oct had a lot of trouble predicting him. Though really, Oct just seemed to have a lot of trouble with Tilden when it came to pretty much anything. It was kind of upsetting, really; he had a lot of respect for the beta, even if he was a little... unhinged. That seemed to be a pattern in their pack.

And then Cain was bitching about Roman, and Oct bit back a sigh. "Abel seems intent on keeping him around. I thought maybe if we all got to know each other, it could clear up a lot of tension and hostility." Always the optimist. It probably wasn't going to happen, but at least Roman would get some food and fresh air out of the ordeal, even if he would have to deal with Cain glowering at him all through dinner.

"Happy Thanksgiving, Abel. Roman. I'm glad you guys could make it." His smile turned stressed as Cain immediately lit into the other alpha, and again Oct found himself restraining a sigh. As long as everyone was relatively well behaved- and nothing got physical- he was going to bite his tongue and smile and thank them all for coming.

He'd noticed Niko and Luca hesitating outside, relieved that at least one other interaction seemed to be going relatively well. That was promptly ruined by Tilden showing up and goading the smaller beta, but at least it had been going well for a few minutes. Right?

This time Oct did sigh, pushing a hand through his hair and wanting to tug it out. Maybe a "family" dinner had been a bad idea, but it was way too late to decide that now. "Happy Thanksgiving, Tilden." He forced himself to smile again, though it didn't quite reach his eyes. Not that Tilden of all people would notice anyway.

"Dinner will be served soon."

Octavian looked over his shoulder, locking eyes with a smiling hotel employee. He returned the expression. "Thank you." The woman nodded, smiled again, and stepped away to see to her other duties. Probably. Oct honestly didn't know what she did, except work for the hotel. "We should head to the dining room. Could someone grab the two outside? I don't want them getting lost."

[location: Ritz-Carleton ] [company: Cain, Abel, Roman, Tilden ]

Ice-Cold Prophet

Sample

★⇠┈━━┈⇢ чυмα єʟםяιםɢє ⇠┈━━┈⇢★

Take a look at me, from one side I seem to be
So calm, so cool, collected
And on the other side
I'm melting down.

User Image
                                                  tab Yuma looked about ready to pass out, but he kept himself awake long enough to answer the questions thrown at him. He shrugged at Sky's, perching on the edge of the pull out bed. "He gave me a key for emergencies. I'd say this qualifies." he yawned, raking a hand through his hair to get it out of his face. "Even if he did mind, he's on a completely different continent and isn't due back for two months. He's finishing up some secret tour or something." the military wasn't super keen on giving out details for these things, though he wasn't all that sure that his brother would be giving them all the details anyway. Even if Connor walking in the door any minute was something to be concerned about, he'd probably just shrug and pack a bag to go spend the week at his fiance's. His second oldest brother was a private person, and asked few questions in return.

The apartment would do, at least while they sorted things out. The utilities were kept running in case Yuma or one of his other siblings ran into trouble, or at least that's what he assumed; knowing Connor, he'd just forgotten to turn them off and figured it wasn't that big a deal when his apartment was being covered by the military anyway. Max shuffled the food into the fridge, which had certainly explained why she'd been in their kitchen earlier, and was dragging Sky off to the bedroom by the time he'd collected his thoughts. That simplified things, he supposed. He was glad Max seemed to be taking charge so that at least one of them seemed to have everything under control; Yuma was not running at his highest capacity, though even if he was he could never claim to be the smart one in the group. No, better leave that one to Max.

"Yeah. Looks like." he spared the other a small smile, absently tugging at the ends of a few locks of hair. While he was quietly pleased that it had turned out this way, sharing a bed with the cute boy next door could hardly be a bad thing, he also didn't expect anything to happen; they were both exhausted, and it wasn't as if he was much of a catch anyway. Rubbing his hand over his tired face, he stood from his spot on the edge of the bed to disappear into the bathroom for a few moments before returning with a box of tissues and an empty plastic garbage can, setting the latter on the floor on Raph's side of the bed. "For your allergies." he offered the box to the other man before moving back around the bed, shaking his head in response to the statement about sleeping. He was tired himself, and he didn't think he would last long once he actually laid down.

Raph was already in bed by the time he'd come back, so he wasn't completely sure what was appropriate to sleep in; was it okay if he slept in just his boxers? I mean, it wasn't like Raph had never seen a man in boxers before- Yuma was very much aware that he had seen plenty of naked men, including his ex- but somehow it felt like it would be... different. There had been too many intimate moments between them today, and while normally he would try and analyze them to gather meaning, he was far too tired to do that now. It was barely dinner time on a normal day, but he felt like he could sleep clean through the rest of the week. Deciding he didn't care, he undid his belt and slipped out of his jeans and folded them neatly onto his duffel bag; his brother might not be there to nitpick, but somehow he felt like leaving them lying around would end poorly. The flannel shirt he'd thrown on followed shortly after.

Climbing into bed in just his boxers and a t-shirt, he slipped under the blankets and fidgeted a bit until he was comfortable. He could hear Raph turning over, and he rolled over to face him. Clearly the allergies had hit him hard, his eyes were watery and his nose appeared to be running, but Yuma couldn't bring himself to care. They were all safe, and somehow Raph was here in bed with him, and that was all that mattered to him right then. A tiny smile spread across his lips, and hesitantly he reached out to brush away a few stray strands of hair where they were hanging in front of the other man's eyes; the pads of his fingers hovered on Raph's cheek before a faint pink dusted Yuma's cheeks and he pulled his hand back. Something had been said about his brother, something he should address, and it took him a few moments to collect himself enough to respond.

"It's not a big deal. He won't mind." he gave a one armed shrug, trying not to think about how little space there was between them. "Besides, he won't even be back until long after you guys leave." the plan had only been to stay a week, after all, leaving plenty of time between the group's eventual departure and Connor's return. Yuma, of course, had no plans to actually leave, not when his family was possibly in danger. That was the downside of having a history with the villain of their little story, but that was his cross to bare. He would address it when the time came, though the phrasing of his last statement would probably hint that he didn't actually plan on going with them when they left. Biting the inside of his lip, he did his best not to frown and chided himself to be more careful. Now was not the time to talk about difficult things, not when they should probably be sleeping.

Until then, I will choose to display
                All these feelings that I hate
                You think you know me, but you don't
                So look who's laughing now.

Ice-Cold Prophet

Sample

abriel lexander

User Image

Try to say live, live and let live
    But I'm no good, good at lip service
    Except when they're yours, mi amor
    I'm coming for you and I'm making war

If Gabriel hadn't been too drunk to consider it, he might be surprised at how well this seemed to be going. He hadn't even been looking for a hookup, and yet here was a golden opportunity presenting itself. How was he supposed to turn down such a pretty young thing who knew what she wanted? There were fingers hooked into his waistband, and his smile widened briefly; girls who knew what they wanted were always his favourites. He bent down just a bit, to speak directly into her ear. "Lead the way." he smirked, only getting more riled up from that wide-eyed look.

She backed away, and Gabriel was more than eager to follow her. At this distance, he could really get a look at her; she wasn't as small as she seemed when they were pressed close, and he was kicking himself for forgetting about her. Not remembering names wasn't too uncommon for one night stints, but he'd thought he was better about remembering faces. Whatever, it wasn't important, especially not when they were off to complete the act once more. He'd remember this time.

Stepping outside, he could feel just a bit less sloshed. Clean, cold air without the stench of sweat and cheap beer always seemed to work wonders, and he was pleased to find that he wasn't too far gone. There were kids on the lawn, one could tell they were too young to drink just by looking at them, and Gabriel almost stopped to chase them off; giving alcohol to pledges and friends was one thing, but noticeable minors was a whole different can of worms. At least he wouldn't be here in case of a crackdown, that would not be pretty. He paused only briefly before the redhead turned and winked at him; ******** it, his brothers would deal with it if they were smart. If not? Well, that was their problem, not his.

Sliding into the passenger seat of her car, he leaned his head back against the headrest. "Nice ride." he ran a hand along the interior, admiring it. Gabriel was definitely not okay to drive, but he also had no idea how many drinks his lady friend had had. Hopefully, not too many; he wasn't exactly up for getting pulled over by the cops, or worse, an accident. He rolled down the window, breathing in the crisp night air in an attempt to sober up even more before they arrived at their destination; he'd never had problems before, but if the stories his frat brothers had told him were true, being too drunk before an encounter made things significantly more difficult for the dude. Honestly, Gabriel was not very interested in finding out.

The ride to her house was fairly short, five minutes tops, for which he was grateful. Going on past experiences, he would wind up walking home, but at least this time that meant no more than twenty minutes or so. If he was lucky, the house would be empty and at least partially clean by the time he got back. Climbing out of the car, he took a minute to stretch his back and run a hand through his hair to admire the place. Not as big as the house he lived in, but still a cute little place. Something about it seemed vaguely familiar, but he chalked it up to having apparently spent the night with her before. Taking the little steps up to the front door two at a time, he turned to flash another charming smile. "Aren't you going to invite me in?

{{Nah bro, s'cool. c: Timeskip it is. I hope you like my super vague descriptions of her house.}}

Ice-Cold Prophet

Sample

User Image

[Location: Tour Bus] [Mood: Relaxed] [Company: Naya]

It's just a game that we play
      And for heaven's sakes
      Looking for a better way to play it!
      Life is for keeping score and forever more,
      Stop complaining and start changing it.

Today was the day.

They were excited, but they would be lying if they said they weren't a bit apprehensive about the whole deal. Ronan and Benji were going at it again, and this seemed like the worst spat yet; on top of that, Stefan seemed pissy for some reason or another. Honestly, it was a bit of a hassle when there was infighting among the band, even if it was inevitable. Five people, crammed into close quarters for extended periods of time? Yeah, conflict was going to be part of the deal. It was inconvenient more than anything, really. If they waited it out long enough, Benji and Ronan would make up and go back to being pals again.

Until then, they would enjoy poking the bear a bit. Rather than turn in early to get extra rest before the tour started, they'd chosen instead to stay up late to put the finishing touches on a piece of music written specifically for the band's personal drama queen. Now, was a three page triangle solo necessary? No, but they had to show their displeasure somehow. It's not that they didn't like Benji, they got along decently most of the time, but when it came down to it, they just liked Ronan better. That, and picking on Benji always got better reactions. Teasing their drummer was always a tricky matter, the strangest things seemed to set him off. Marco was a bit of an a**, they could admit that, but sending the poor kid into panic attacks was not a thing they would ever do on purpose.

Taking a break from the band was just what they needed before getting crammed into a tiny bus with them for months on end; it was only a week, but it was a week they'd spent sleeping and keeping their mind completely off of music. It had been an excellent destressing period, if a little short. Part of them was glad that they were getting back on the road. It would help keep their mind off the internal struggles, especially with little miss super fan tagging along. They had almost forgotten about her, but as they climbed out of the cab as it pulled up outside the studio, there she was. A cute little thing, built like Wynn, but clearly younger. She was a college kid, if they remembered correctly, but that only gave an approximate age. Ah well, they'd find out soon enough.

Grabbing their backpack, they stepped around the back of the cab to pull their duffel bag from the trunk. Slinging the strap over their body, they slammed the trunk and paid the driver before the cab drove off. Shoving one hand in his pocket, they allowed themselves a moment to take in the sight of the building and the tour bus before their eyes settled back on the girl. What was her name again? Noya? Maya? Something like that. They'd have to be careful going about this. As they drew closer, they threw up a hand in greeting. "Hey. You must be our tag along. they grinned, dropping the hand as they drew closer. First moving to shove the larger bag into the open storage area under the bus, they leaned casually against it a reasonable distance from Naya. "Looks like you're the first one here. At least someone has the decency to be on time. they chuckled lightly, their expression making it clear that they were only joking. Kind of.

"I'm Marco. Marco Trann. Nice to meet you." they stepped forward, sticking out a hand to shake in greeting. "I'm not sure how great a prize tagging along in a crowded bus all summer is, but I hope it doesn't turn out to be too dreadful." personally, they thought the contest prize was a little odd, but hey. If the kid really wanted to suffer cramped spaces with a bunch of strangers, then that was her choice. Hopefully, she wouldn't be too scarred by the experience.

Ice-Cold Prophet

Sample

Charlotte Wynn Wyatt

User Image

[Location: The Bus] [Mood: Anxious] [Company: Naya, Marco, Ronan, Benji] [Outfit: x]

Wish I could find a crystal ball
        For the days I feel completely worthless
        You know I'd use it all for good
        I would not take it for granted

With a whole week off, and most of her band mates dropping off the radar or going home, Wynn hadn't quite been sure what to do with herself. She didn't really have any friends outside of the band, and going home hadn't seemed worth it for the few short days she would have spent there, so she'd mostly been holed up in her apartment. Her bags and been packed and repacked at least half a dozen times over the week as she kept changing her mind on what to bring. She might have asked Benji for his input, but since he'd gone home for the weekend, she'd decided it had been better not to bother him. He was home with his family, he didn't need Wynn's incessant nagging about not knowing what to pack.

Eventually, she'd just shoved as much clothing into her suitcase as possible and tossed it into the back of her van where she couldn't keep changing her mind about what to bring. Picking guitars had been surprisingly easy, considering the label insisted on sending one of theirs. Wynn wasn't too keen on playing anything she hadn't broken it, but it was supposed to be there as a back up; as long as her band mates kept their grubby hands off her instrument, she wouldn't need it. They'd learned the hard way not to touch her things, when one of Marco's teasing gestures had gone too far, and she'd basically tackled him. She got along with them all, really, but there were just some things that no one could mess with. Not even Benji.

Speaking of Benji, she'd been dismayed to find her inbox full of messages when she'd woken up just twenty minutes before they were supposed to meet. If they weren't going to be crammed on a bus all day she might have skipped a shower, but this really wasn't the day to risk it. Rushing through her shower, she was hurriedly applying eyeliner when she remembered they were bringing a fan on the bus with them. How had she forgotten that? Her stomach sunk, an uncomfortable pit forming in her abdomen at the memory. She went for simple make up, her hand shaking just a little too much for anything fancy now. Dressing quickly, she tied her still damp hair back into a messy ponytail. It would have to do.

Meeting strangers was never really an enjoyable experience for Wynn. There was always some unnecessary comment or disgusted look or something. Since this girl was a fan, she held out the hope that it would be accepted, or at least understood. The last thing Wynn needed was to be shoved in a tour bus with two people that tried pushing her to speak. Marco meant well, they were kind of friends, but sometimes she just wanted to punch him in his smug face. Which, she supposed, really wasn't going to help with the already high tensions in the group.

Rubbing her palms on her sweater, she snatched up her purse and slung it over her shoulder, reaching carefully to pick up a guitar case with each hand. Did she need three guitars for a tour as short as this one? Not really, but she didn't care. One was for shows, arguably a necessity, and the other was... a good luck charm, was the easiest way to describe it. Whatever it was, there was no way she was leaving it behind. Taking the steps two at a time, she was just closing the door after packing her guitars in the back of the van when the door banged open. She assumed it was Benji, it was just about time for them to meet up, and she climbed into the driver's seat as he came into view.

He seemed irritated, that much was clear from his stance, and Wynn's smile faded a bit around the edges. She grimaced at Benji as he climbed into the passenger seat, pointedly pulling her damp ponytail around to drape over her shoulder. She'd overslept, barely managed to shower and dress herself to get down here on time. As she started up the car, she glanced briefly over at him and cocked a brow. He was upset, and she wanted to know why.

The drive to the studio wasn't long, but she was relying on Benji to fill the silence as usual. Probably complaints about Ronan, that seemed to be the big thing recently, and she'd nod or give him sympathetic looks when they hit red lights. Soon enough, they were pulling up to the building, and she parked carefully in her usual spot. Wynn was a cautious driver, even if she did have a bit of a lead foot when the roads were clear; driving in the city was still odd compared to the roads she'd learned to drive on. Hopping out of the van, she locked her door before pulling open the side door to retrieve her things. Slinging one case across her back by the strap, she picked up the next one more carefully and dragged her suitcase out to smack loudly against the pavement. It was heavier than she remembered, and she was glad it had wheels, even if the sound of it bumping along the rocky pavement was kind of annoying.

Casting a quick smile at Benji, she waited for him to retrieve his things before slamming and locking the door. Picking up her things, she took her time moving across the parking lot. Marco and Ronan were already here, which was really not the turnout she was hoping for; she loved them, really she did, but she had been hoping for a decent introduction to Naya without having to pretend that they weren't all secretly at each other's throats. Too late for that, and she let out a small sigh as they drew closer. Stowing her suitcase and one of the guitar cases in the luggage area, she waited for Benji to do the same before stepping over with her best attempt at a smile and a small wave. She was really, really hoping that she wouldn't regret going along with this contest thing.

Ice-Cold Prophet

Sample

User Image
          [Location: Beach] [Mood: Bored] [Company: Beach People] [Outfit: x]

You've got your father messing with your head
          You've got your mother wishing you were dead
          You've got your sister sleeping with your friends
          Sometimes you wonder if it's ever gonna end

Why his parents chose to buy a cottage in the middle of the goddamn woods, he would never understand. Sure, it opened right onto a small {mostly} private lake with their own pier, but the long dirt path back to the main road curved in all the wrong ways and you'd be hard pressed to find a less populated area of the "resort". Calling it a resort was stupid, it was really just a bunch of lakes surrounded by cottages owned by snobby rich people, Sterling's family included.

Speaking of said family, this summer was starting off as one big season of family fun. His sister was roped into a camp at her college, the ******** athlete. Sterling had been hoping she'd skip it, this was his first summer home in years, but there was nothing to it, and he couldn't bring himself to ask her to; he knew how much it meant to her, even if he secretly thought he was more important. Dad, as usual, had been called away on an "emergency business trip", which really just meant that he hadn't bothered to tell the rest of them about something that had probably been arranged months in advance. Then there was mom, ever his biggest supporter, draining their wine cellar like it was all going bad. His father had wanted the cottage alcohol free, to remove the temptation, but dear old mom couldn't go a day without her wine. ******** hell.

He had been unceremoniously booted from the house promptly at eight; his mother was having guests for brunch and didn't want her troublesome son sticking his nose somewhere it didn't belong. He'd spent the morning wandering the woods around their tiny lake, reacquainting himself with the trees he'd been stuck with every summer for years. It hadn't been so bad when he was little and his sister was around, they'd spend hours climbing trees or trying to catch the critters that lived in them. Growing older, their interests had shifted; Lia liked staying home and swimming laps or reading books, while Sterling preferred going and out partying. At first, it was fine and well in control, but after a couple years of that... well, it had come back to bite him in the a**.

He was better now, that time was done. He could do this, he'd been sober for months now. Technically speaking, he was supposed to have been sober for a good three years now, but there were very few places you couldn't obtain what you wanted with the right amount of money. Actually getting it through his head that he needed to clean up was the most difficult, and staying that way now that he was living with his mother again was another big obstacle. He still had the whole summer to go and saying he was anxious about it was an understatement.

Before he'd been kicked out, his mother had shoved a flier at him for some beach party that was supposed to be going on; the fact that it wasn't going on for several hours had seemed to escape her, if she had actually noticed. Ah well, too late for that now. He had already circled the lake and the forest surrounding it at least three times, and even though it was still a couple hours until the party, he started making his way towards the center beach. That was where the events were usually held, including this one if the flier was correct. He might have been content to just hide in the woods or the cottage all summer if he didn't have people he wanted to see and apologize to. The last time he'd seen them, he'd been at a very bad point in his life, and he hadn't exactly been courteous. Addie had seemed chill when he reached out to him earlier that week, but he had always been the more forgiving one. Jensen, on the other hand... well, he had responded well, but Sterling was less sure of his sincerity.

The walk to the beach was a long one, and he was regretting not grabbing some sunglasses before he left the house, but it was too late for that now. Maybe if he wandered the shops for a bit, time would pass quicker. He pulled out his phone to check the time, and sighed. Still so long. Maybe Addie was free? He debated texting him, thumb hovering over the contact listing before he finally caved. Addie being actually free was probably unlikely, what with Jensen always stuck to him like glue, but maybe he had just been imagining things.

Hey bro, are you and Jensen going to the party later? Hit me up, we can chill. There, that was friendly and bro-ish. He even included Jensen in the message on the high chance that they were together. They could hang out, just like the old days... Well, maybe not exactly like the old days, but something like that. The part where they were together and having fun, at least. Yeah, that would be good. A small smile played at his lips at the thought, hands shoved into the pockets of his cargo shorts as he approached the outskirts of the shops area closest to his house. He walked slowly, peering into the shop windows as he went. Might as well try and find something to entertain himself while he waited for Addie to get back to him.

Ice-Cold Prophet

Sample.

User ImageUser Image
                                                          User Image
                                                          Working at the strip club wasn't all bad, especially when so many of his friends were working the same area. He definitely felt safer working there after joining up with the group, knowing that there was always at least one other person in the immediate area that he could count on to come running if he needed them. Wednesday was usually a pretty quiet night, considering it was the middle of the week, but he'd been lucky that there had been a bachelorette party in with a taste for the exotic. He hated that word, he was ******** Asian, but they tipped well and paid for more than one private dance for the bride to be, so he'd kept his mouth shut. He'd been anticipating a night with a john, but he'd made out like a bandit with that bridal party, and so tonight he got to go straight home.

Min and Bray's shifts usually ended around the same time, but right at two he'd seen the guy sneak off with a customer, and so he hadn't bothered looking for him after he'd finished scrubbing off his make up and putting on his street clothes before ducking out the back. His pockets were padded with his haul, and he moved quickly and quietly back to the warehouse; he hated walking home alone after a shift, but there wasn't always the option of getting someone to walk home with him. He could have called Joseph, but it was pushing three in the morning and he wasn't sure if the other was out or sleeping or what.

Managing to get home safe, he ducked in as quietly as possible. Dumping half his earnings into the pool, he secreted away the rest for his own expensive food needs and emergencies into a slit in his mattress until he'd be able to deposit it. Min was very territorial of his mattress, quick to anger if someone tried sleeping on it without him. It was kind of old, but thick and comfortable; he'd bought it off one of his coworkers a few months back when they'd bought a new one and had convinced some of the guys to help him carry it from the club to the warehouse. Min was small and skinny and there was just no way he was lifting that mattress without a lot of help.

Reassured that his money was safe, Min stripped down to his briefs and crawled into bed under far too many blankets. It would heat up, and he would shed a few of them, but Min sleeping with no blanket was blasphemy. Popping a few pills, he settled into his nest and was out cold before he could really settle in. People came and went, but Min was dead to the world. The pills always knocked him out cold, which was a godsend, but they didn't always keep him asleep. He was actually pretty exhausted from keeping a full bridal party entertained all night, and managed to stay out for several hours. He'd have to get more soon, though probably not from Bray; he was starting to get suspicious, but Min was doomed to total consciousness without something to put him under.

Nine rolled around, and Min resurfaced into the waking world far too soon. He groaned, rolling over and hiding under the single sheet he had left and curled in on himself. It was futile, which he was well aware of, but he still waited a good ten to fifteen minutes before giving up and getting out of bed. He dressed himself and headed towards where they stashed the groceries, ecstatic to find something fresh for once. God, did he miss fresh fruit. A lot of the crap they resorted to buying because it was cheap and wouldn't go bad made him sick to his stomach, and he'd had to start keeping a bit more of his earnings to keep himself fed. Tearing through an apple, he carefully pulled off the stem and picked out the seeds before eating the core as well. Taking another, he started in on that one too as he went to survey who was home. Joseph and Bray, and he was pretty sure that was Lloyd tucked up against Bray as well. Finishing off the second apple, he considered following Lloyd's lead and crawling into someone's bed; the pills always left him drowsy as hell, and maybe if he was lucky, he'd be able to grab another few minutes at least. Choosing a body at random, he shimmied out of his pants and crawled in next to them to try and sleep again.

{{Free bedmate to good home.}}

Location: Warehouse, in someone's bed. Company: sleepy dudes Outfit: boop

Ice-Cold Prophet

Sample.

User Image

N O A HxxxM O O R E
                                User Image
                                Visitors to the asylum had decreased rapidly. In the seven years since the purge, the patient population had started to dip. By this point, the staff had either fled or been killed trying to maintain order after making it barely six months since the purge hadn't ended. There had been a few hangers on, trying to keep the lot of them safely medicated, but the numbers had continued to dwindle until a patient revolt. Noah hadn't involved himself in that, it was much too bloody. Plenty had left, but plenty more had stayed; the building was relatively well fortified, which wasn't surprising considering it had been exclusive to criminals. There was a hierarchy among those that remained, though Noah preferred to keep to himself. The bosses were mean and demanding and yelled so much.

Honestly, he wanted to leave. Surely some of the organized prisoners would have liked to have him out of their hair, but Noah wasn't so keen to leave. His father had given him strict instructions that he was to stay put until the nice policemen said otherwise. Noah hadn't seen a policeman in over five years, and his father in even longer, but he wasn't willing to risk it. Father had always known when he'd misbehaved at home even when he wasn't around, so Noah was taking no chances. Well. Mostly no chances, as he did venture out once in a while for supplies or under the supervision of friends.

Visitors to the asylum were rare, but Noah always liked to see the new faces. More often than not, they'd be here to try and steal from the building, but that had never ended well. The sound of a motorcycle echoed in the front hall, the large double doors left open. Noah peeked over the rail from the second floor, face lighting up at the sound of his name. "Josh!" he scrambled up from the floor, taking the stairs two at a time on his way down. "Things for Noah?" he was clearly surprised, but he took Josh's arm and guided him away from the front hall. Friend would be safe with Noah, for he and his housemates had a sort of mutual understanding. Let Noah do as he pleased, and he'd be happy to do as told; touch Noah's friends, and Noah would lose his bloody mind.

"Come, come." he tugs Josh into one of the small offices off the main entrance, closing the door behind them. Once safely inside, he ushers Josh over to the old chairs in the center of the room. "Josh has excellent timing, look what Noah has!" he pulls a small orange bottle from his pocket, giving it a little shake. Little white pills rattle around the inside. "Henry was trading them, so Noah traded all the food." he nodded sagely, as if forking over his share of food for god knew how long was totally worth the pills in the bottle. "Matheldome, just like Josh needs." Noah was obviously very pleased with himself, holding out the bottle with a broad smile.

[Location: The Asylum - Front Office] [Company: Josh]

Ice-Cold Prophet

Sample.

★⇠┈━━┈⇢ Conall Kim ⇠┈━━┈⇢★

User Image

[Location: Hathaway Living Room] [Mood: ] [Company: Sybil] [Outfit: x]

Last night had been wild.

Maybe a little too wild, now that he thought about it. There had been a few too many shots, a few too many brightly coloured pills, and a few too many unfamiliar hands in places they really shouldn't have been. He'd been rudely awakened at four am, finding himself on the floor of a stranger's bathroom where he must have passed out barely an hour prior. Gathering his clothes from their scattered places around the strange apartment and dressing quickly, pulling on his jacket as he stepped out into the street. He took out his phone as he started the long trek home, flipping through his contacts as he went. Actually going home was probably a bad idea, his ribs still ached from the last time he'd gone home this early in the morning, and so he'd have to call in a favour. Or, you know, just sleep in the park again.

It was six in the morning by the time he managed to make it back to his own town, but the first few people he'd attempted to ring up had either dodged his call or told him off for calling so early in the morning. The only person he had left to call was probably the last person he should have considered, but he really did not want to sleep on the park bench again. He pressed his phone to the side of his face, free hand shoved deep in his pocket as he strolled up the sidewalk. "Yeah, hey. Sorry for calling so early." his voice was rough from whatever he'd been doing the night before, and he ran a careful hand through his hair. "I ******** hate to ask you this, but could you let me crash there for a bit?" he paused, waiting for the quiet voice on the other end to answer as he nodded. "Yeah. Thanks. I'll be there in ten." he hung up, shoving his phone back into his pocket as he continued his way across town. At least he'd get a safe floor to sleep on, maybe a shower.

When he awoke again, he was tucked neatly into bed in what was quite obviously the bedroom of a teenage girl. He sat up, combing his hair away from his face with one hand. Across the small room, he could see the probable owner of the room curled up in a cushy chair shoved between two crammed bookcases. He yawned, throwing off the blankets and climbing out of bed to stretch. "I didn't kick you out of your bed, did I?" the blonde across the room shook her head in response, turning the page of her book. She pointed at a bag placed at the foot of her bed, and he peeked inside to find clothes that must have been retrieved from his house while he'd been asleep. He grinned. "Thanks, sugar." the girl rolled her eyes in response, and he laughed. "I'm stealing your shower," he picked up the bag, stepping out into the hall and into the bathroom to shower. He moved quickly, being careful to lock the door behind him.

Once he was clean, he shoved his dirty clothes into the bag and moved back to his friend's room to find her missing. Looking confused, he dropped the bag where it had been before and made sure to check the room over to make sure she was gone. Maybe she'd gone downstairs? He moved up the hall, taking the steps two at a time to land in the living room. The box under the TV told him it was just about noon, and one glance at the front window found him his target. "Way to ditch me, Syb." he earned a small smile in response, but she didn't look up from her book. "Mind if I stick around for a bit?" he didn't want to head home just yet, and he was relieved when she nodded in response. He flopped down on the couch, picking up the remote and turning on the TV. What was on wasn't important, he just needed to zone out for a bit.

Ice-Cold Prophet

Sample

User ImageUser Image
                                                              User ImageUser ImageUser Image
                                                              Hunting was a dangerous sport, especially when your prey was as intelligent as Alexei's. Humans were widely considered to be the most dangerous game, but only the blissfully ignorant believed that; there were creatures prowling the night far more dangerous than mere humans, and that was what had brought the blonde so far north. His leather jacket was inlaid with silver, his skin rife with the scent of it. He couldn't contain the grin the played at his lips as a growl ripped through the night, alerting him to the location of the creature stalking him. Normally, Alexei would never think to sink his fangs into a creature that he couldn't prove had drank blood from the innocent, but that courtesy didn't extend to those that attacked him first.

The wolf pounced, and Alexei's knife slid home between his ribs; the creature was still young, reckless, and had clearly underestimated hunters. Hot blood poured from the wound, soaking Alexei's arms as he held the beast away from his body. Throwing the body to the ground, he wiped his wrist over his forehead, leaving a smear of blood. The wolf convulsed, body slowly returning to his human form. It was a shame, the kid really was young, but there was nothing to be done about it now. Wiping the blade on his jeans, the blonde sheathed his knife and turned to limp home. This had been a detour, a waste of time in his pursuit of a bigger target, but at least it was something to keep him in practice. He was going to need it if he was going to be walking into the lion's den.

Manhattan, November 1st

Removing his helmet, the hunter tossed his head to get the hair from his face. The wind was starting to pick up, and the smell of ash was still fresh. He'd followed a hunch, searching out a hunter he'd heard had moved into the area. The news was fresh, but that didn't mean the guy would still be kicking around; more often than not, hunters didn't stay in one place for too long. Unfortunately for him, it seemed that Alexei was a little too late to check in. He hadn't dared get close enough to the mess of emergency services on the street, but there was no doubt in his mind that the charred remains of a house was the building he was looking for.

Bright yellow tape had cordoned off the area around the house, but Alexei had found a bit of cover behind an abandoned car. His eyes scanned the license plate, a slow smirk quirking his lips up at the very edges. The hunter he'd been looking for wasn't here, but maybe there was something else he would find useful. Sliding off his bike, he set his helmet carefully on the seat while he prowled around the side of the car.

Sending up a silent thanks to the gods, he yanked open the driver's door and slide inside. Running his hands over the steering wheel, he could tell this car belonged to a wolf, and not just any wolf. "Wayne." he breathed, smirking dangerously. The scent was unmistakable, cigarettes and trees and delicious southern dirt. Reaching for the glove compartment, he rifled through the glove compartment for something useful.

Humming in pleasure, he looked over the insurance card bearing the name he needed. Pressing it to his lips, Alexei inhaled to ensure the scent was right. Yes, this was exactly what he needed. Replacing everything as he'd found it, he climbed back out of the car and quietly closed the door. The car had accompanied Wayne all the way to New York, and had made following him so much easier. Checking to ensure that no one had looked his way, Alexei skipped around the front and popped the hood. He just needed to plant a little something to ensure that, should the wolf return for his car, it would be easy to find him once again.

Once he was done under the hood, he pulled out his phone to ensure that the device was working. When that was done, he slammed the hood and climbed back onto his bike; jamming his helmet back on, the engine on his bike roared to life and then he was racing out of the suburbs. There was nothing else for him to do there; clearly there was nothing he could do for Malik, or whatever his name was, though why Wayne's car had been left at the scene bothered him. Had he been caught? It would be a shame if the wolf had been taken out before Alexei had gotten a chance to evaluate him, but he would find out soon enough. The area had smelled faintly of blood, but none of it had that earthy scent reminiscent of a wolf. He would just have to see.

[Location: NYC] [Company: nah]

Ice-Cold Prophet

Sample

User Image
              чυмα єʟםяιםɢє

tab Take a look at me, from one side I seem to be
              tab tab So calm, so cool, collected
              tab tab tab And on the other side
              tab tab tab tab I'm melting down.

tab Yuma didn't want to sit back, didn't want to see the look of pity or even disgust that was surely on the other's face, but he caved to the gentle pressure. His free arm went around Raph's waist, tugging him closer so that maybe he could be spared seeing that look. A kiss was pressed to his cheek, and he frowned before tucking his head between Raph's and the couch. "Don't be sorry." his voice was barely a whisper, and his hold tightened for just a minute before he pulled away. There were calls for showers, and after a hesitant kiss to Raph's forehead, he disentangled himself to go get clean.

Honestly, he would have been surprised if there was any decent amount of hot water left, but it seemed that whatever mystical sky being people believed in these days saw fit to show him mercy; it wasn't long before the bathroom was steaming up again, the hot water working wonders for his muscles. He rolled his shoulders, trying to get rid of some of the tension from his muscles as the water peeled the dried blood from his body. His clothes had been shoved into the garbage can with Sky's, nothing he'd worn had been particularly important or worth saving, though he was hoping to get the blood out of his bracelet. Normally, he didn't wear jewelry in the shower, but he didn't think his roommates would appreciate him taking the time to scrub the item clean, so he was hoping that it would just wash off with the rest of him. His hair was easily his highest priority, and he washed it three times before it finally seemed clean. Yuma considered skipping conditioner, but he figured it would take time to scrub the rest of him clean, so he decided it wouldn't be too much of an extra hassle.

Patches of almost clear skin could be seen on his legs from where most of the blood had peeled away with his jeans, but they were few and far between; briefly, he wondered if this would be easier if he shaved his body hair, but that wasn't really an attractive idea to him, even if he did have to scrub harder to get it to come off. By the time the water was running clear, Yuma felt like he'd scrubbed off three layers of skin, but at least he was finally clean. Taking an extra minute to run his hands through his hair a few times just to make sure it was clean, he shut off the water and toweled off quickly. In his eagerness to get to the bathroom, he hadn't thought to grab any clothes, though he figured that wasn't a big deal. He was almost positive that Max had seen him walk around the apartment in just a towel before, and he hardly thought Sky or Raph would be ones to care. The idea of Raph seeing him naked- well, mostly naked- made him blush, and he rubbed a hand over his face to try an hide the expression as he wrapped a towel around his waist and slipped quietly through the hall to his room.

Max was in the kitchen, but with her back turned, he managed to move by unnoticed. He dressed quickly, deciding that layers would probably be his best bet, and pulled on a t-shirt and a flannel shirt along with a pair of jeans nearly identical to the pair he'd been wearing that morning. Rifling through his closet, he managed to find a gym bag he'd used when he was on the track team in high school, figuring it would work well enough. In went a menagerie of clothing, jeans and t-shirts and boxers and socks, tucking his laptop in among the soft clothing to try and keep it safe in the car. After a moment of hesitation, he tossed in one of his bead organizers as well, shoving it in under an extra pair of jeans. He probably wouldn't need it, his friends would probably think he was dumb for packing it, but it was important to him; it was a comfort thing, and it wasn't like he had a lot more clothing to try and shove in there anyway. Deciding to shove a pair of his canvas sneakers in the end pocket, he packed that full of more underwear and socks before having to fight to get the zipper closed. Heading back to his closet, he pulled out his spare jacket and a sweatshirt, tossing them over the top of his zipped bag.

Now packed, he gathered his bag and jackets and headed back to the living room and set them by the couch. Seeing no sign of any of his roommates, he peeked into Sky's room to find him and Max curled up on the bed, Salem squished around them. Letting out a light laugh, he noticed the bags on the floor of groceries. Had Max made sure to grab Salem's food? Deciding to double check, he rifled through the cabinets and found that she had, of course, remembered. After a moment of consideration, he grabbed the whisky from where Max had put it that morning and slipped it into the large inner pocket of his jacket for safe keeping. Folded blankets and the pillow from his bed were added to his pile, just in case his brother's apartment was as basic as he was expecting. He wasn't sure what else they'd need, he was far from the brains of the operation, so set about trying to remember the things he'd forgotten before they actually left. A few more items were shoved into the empty side pocket, left in that condition for exactly this situation. Sky and Max could have their couple moment, at least for a little bit longer.

Until then, I will choose to display tab tab tab tab
              All these feelings that I hate tab tab tab
              You think you know me, but you don't tab tab
              So look who's laughing now. tab

Ice-Cold Prophet

Sample.

abriel lexander

User Image

A look of disbelief crossed his face, what did she just say? Calm down? She wanted him to calm down? "I'm being ******** kidnapped and tied to a bed, and you want me to calm down?" he asked, looking flabbergasted. He stopped thrashing, just watching her a minute. "Where do you get off, telling me to calm down? You're trying to [******** kill me." his lip curled in a look of disgust, as if she'd asked him something highly offensive. Which, quite honestly, he did think was pretty offensive; she was trying to kill him and wanted him to be calm? He didn't quite see how she expected that, considering the number of brain cells she'd probably killed while choking him, but at least she seemed to have balls. Well, kind of; she had sort of failed in her first attempt.

"Oh, did I hurt your feelings? Sorry, I'm not exactly used to being strangled." he snapped, watching her warily. One of his kicks had managed to connect, he had felt it, and he had never been more thankful for not skipping leg day. "But considering I've seen your face and you haven't denied trying to murder me, I'm betting my chances of getting out of this one are pretty slim. So excuse me for not wanting to be nice about it." he sneered, waiting for her to come close again. If she wanted to play rough, then he would play rough; there would be no chivalry for an attempted murderer, especially when he was the victim in question.

Like I'll let you get close enough to try again.

That was not in the cards, at least not while he was conscious and alert. "What the ******** did I ever do to you, anyway? Or do you usually just pick up random people and lure them into your basement? ******** hell, I'm never going home with a chick again." he almost sighed, having noticeably calmed since she first came downstairs. He was ready to lash out the moment she came in range, but she was probably right; he wouldn't get anywhere if he kept screaming. Well, maybe he would, if there were neighbours, but it was probably best not to rile up little miss crazy. If he got out of this alive, he was never going home with a stranger again. Maybe it was time to give women a break, they always seemed more trouble than they were worth. "I'm really hoping there's a damn good reason, like I ran over your grandmother or something." he could keep her talking, or at least try to. That seemed like a decent enough way to keep her hands away from his neck. "Which I totally don't remember doing, and since I'm not the one here that drives while intoxicated, I'm pretty sure wasn't me. So now that that's all cleared up, you can untie me and we can all be on our merry way." he was babbling now, trying to press down on the panic that had been bubbling in his stomach since she first wrapped her hands around his throat. "I can go home and drag my drunk friends into bed and pretend I wasn't kidnapped by a psycho and you can... do whatever it is you normally do, like torture cats or something. Budding serial killers are into that kind of thing, right?"

{{You're fiiiiine~ I can't seem to get out more than three paragraphs anyway. ._.}}
                                                              {{Gabriel needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut. ._.}}

Ice-Cold Prophet

User ImageUser Image
                                                                              User Image
                                                                              Back against the door, Duncan didn't move until he heard footsteps in the hall. The telltale creak of the stairs told him that he didn't need to worry about Larry busting in on him, and he sighed in relief. It seemed a silly worry, like Larry would want to see him naked, but he just couldn't figure the guy out. Did he really have no concept of privacy?

Balling up the sheet around his waist, he set it on the sink counter and turned the shower on as hot as he could handle. He moved sluggishly through the motions of a shower, scrubbing at his skin for much longer than necessary. Like he could get it to stop crawling if he scrubbed hard enough. It wasn't working, but the heat was relaxing his muscles and he was starting to feel just a touch warmer.

His skin was starting to prune by the time Duncan finally climbed out of the shower. He hadn't brought a towel, but there were spares in the bottom of the little cabinet that would do just fine. Towel around his waist, he picked up his sheet and moved quickly up the hall to his own room. He locked the door more out of habit than the hope that it would do anything.

Finding Spick in his underwear drawer was as expected. Duncan moved him just enough to retrieve a clean pair and pull them on. "You two really don't understand privacy, do you?" Anger wasn't communicating what he wanted, and Duncan found himself slipping into a resigned depression. Maybe if he spoke frankly with his grandmother, she'd stop pushing for him to stay here.

Duncan finished dressing quickly, pulling on jeans and a loose fitting sweater. Putting on his rings took the most time, as he looked them over and put on several only to immediately put them back. Once he was satisfied, he picked up Larry's bird and headed downstairs.

Finding Larry asleep on the kitchen table and fresh coffee just finished brewing was more than he could have asked for. He set Spick on the table by the witch's head and moved to pour himself a cup of coffee before retreating to the living room.

Duncan settled into the couch, taking a sip from his cup and ignoring the scorching heat on his tongue; it was something for his mind to focus on instead of simmering over the mornings invasion. Ushering the customer book over, he decided it best to try and familiarize himself with the rest of the day's activity instead of stewing over the morning.

He'd just finished his coffee when the phone started to ring. He'd forgotten about Larry sleeping on the table, and was content to ignore it. But then it just. Kept. Ringing. Tims had curled up in his lap, making moving downright impossible. He waved a hand, the living room handset flying into his open palm.

Larry was already handling the screaming customer by the time Duncan picked up. Oh, that was good; Duncan hated dealing with customers. Especially angry ones. He could already feel the licks of rage in the pit of his stomach. That a*****e had gotten exactly what he'd paid for. And more, now that Duncan thought about it. Murder houses were a thing. Sure, it sucked that those two people had died, but that wasn't his fault.

Duncan hung up about the same time as Glenn, tossing the phone onto the far side of the couch. He didn't take kindly to being threatened, especially by people dumb enough to try and monetize the paranormal. A murderous ghost was exactly what that a*****e deserved.

Scooping up Tims, he held the cat to his chest as he headed for the kitchen. He stopped in the doorway, watching Larry a long moment before he spoke.

"We're charging him for the exorcism. I'll even throw in a free curse." On Glenn, of course. He was going to find that ghosts could be the least of his problems.

Location: Home, living room Company: Tims

Quick Reply

Submit
                Manage Your Items
                Other Stuff
                Get GCash
                Offers
                Get Items
                More Items
                Where Everyone Hangs Out
                Other Community Areas
                Virtual Spaces
                Fun Stuff