Hey Jude, don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better

Hey Jude, don't be afraid
You were made to go out and get her
The minute you let her under your skin
Then you begin to make it better.

"What you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." -Goethe

Girl-Crazy Explorer

5,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image
                                              My mama gave me [ t h i s ]
                                                My name is A N D YxxV A NxxD E RxxR O O R K. My last name sounds pretty pretentious, right? When you hear the name alone. But matched with my first name and/or nickname ( which is F I N C H, after my flighty tendencies as a little kid ) it is quite obvious I am no East Ender.

Nobody calls me A N D Y, nobody so far. I am sort of... saving it. My mama and best mates call me F I N C H, and just about everyone else calls me R O O R K. Teachers tend to want to call me A N D Y, which I would really rather they not, so I usually instruct them to call me R O O R K by the first day of classes.

Would you light my [ c a n d l e s ]
                                                I am a S I X T HxxY E A RxxR A V E N C L A W. At first I thought it was pretty neat how the ages of the students correlated to their year. Which, in turn, means I am S I X T E E N... well, sort of.

I'm a C A P R I C O R N; I read it in a book. My birthday is on the E I G H T H of J A N U A R Y, according to my mama. Or, rather, not so much according to her as according to me- she did not exactly choose for me to be born then...

Touch-a touch-a touch [ m e ]
                                                I think I must be one of the only ones in this entire school. You know. The... persuasion... that people gossip about in the hallways and corridors, then stare pointedly at you with closed lips and strange looks in their eyes as you pass by. Yes, I am quite really and most definitively G A Y. I have yet to hear the gasps, because, well, face it. I haven't quite told anyone yet. That being said, it should be fairly obvious that I am S I N G L E.

Preference-wise, I like them T A L L, mainly. Everything else comes after- like the ones who are U N A F R A I D of taking charge of situations, who are P O S S E S S I V E of everything they own, and those who will S U R P R I S E you in every way.

Girl-Crazy Explorer

5,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image
                                              I'm starting with the man in the [ m i r r o r ]
                                                Papa Bear was displeased with my size from the very moment I was born: five pounds, thirteen ounces, seventeen inches long. That's what Mama told me, anyway. So, long story short ( no pun intended ), I have always been small. S H O R T and S K I N N Y, with small extremities and a tendency to be the one shoved into tight places. Obviously, that part of me was not inherited from my father. It is not that I do not like it, it is just that it was disappointing as I grew to an age where my height gave me an apparent disadvantage in the world. But Mama... oh, her eyes are marvelous. I gained her P A L E skin, tiny build, and her beautiful B L U ExxE Y E S. From Papa, everything else. So my P I N KxxM O U T H and near-white B L O N D E hair are his, my S N A G G L E T O O T H and my rough palms and heels his too. All-German Papa gave me his gentle-looking R A W N E S S. He was everything but gentle, from what Mama has told me. And she does not tell me much.

Insofar to speak of my style, I must say that I am fairly C L E A N - C U T and C L A S S I C. I wear corduroys, I wear khakis, I wear pleated trousers. Everything I wear is usually pressed, ironed, and wrinkle-free, either by me or by house-elves ( as that was a constant wonder of mine when I first entered Hogwarts. I soon found out that the house-elves did take our clothes and wash and iron them. Needless to say, I solved the mystery of where our last socks went. ). I usually wear my House vest ( blue and bronze, of course ) over a white linen button-up, or just a regular vest when not in school. But ties... oh, I love ties. And armwarmers! I must have at least several dozen of each. Good-quality ones, too, not those cheap novelty ties you buy a Housemate for a gag present over winter holiday or just socks off of which you cut the toe. T I E S and A R M W A R M E R S. My favourite things ever.

I feel bad that you feel [ b a d ]
                                                I have a bit of a Rubik's complex. When I say a bit, I mean it, because I try to stay P O S I T I V E and R E L A X E D instead of going around trying to find patterns in the ceilings and the flooring. I am an only child, and I suppose you could say I take after neither my father ( due to his lack of presence in my life ) nor my mother ( it being improbable that I would become obsessed with the maintenance of household appliances and the upkeep of my surroundings ) in personality, rather being influenced by my peers. Sure, I strive to be my very best at everything and anything I do, but it is not obvious straight away. At school I am different than I am with Mama; I am the one with my back pressed against the wall ( usually and hopefully of my own accord ), silently watching the various scenes unfold. In my opinion, the scene is better from the sidelines.

I take my life very seriously, so you have to really try to be my friend. Some say I am L A I D - B A C K, which I try to be. I am O U T G O I N G, yes, but a partier? Not so much. I simply enjoy the company of others. I smile at those who say hello to me in the corridors, and hopefully I will see them again. It is really that easy, at least to me. I suppose C A R E L E S S is a good way to describe me, and it is generally how most people do. I should suppose that I am R E C K L E S S in a C A R E F U L way, if that could ever make sense in one person. If that idea was manifested in a figure, that figure would be me, I think. I am not one to spit out detailed analogies; a choice swearword can probably do the trick in any conversation, in my opinion.

Papa was a Muggle, and Mama a witch. I was already a bit of an O D D B A L L, considering my mum was born from two squib parents. And then, everyone thinks I am not related to anyone in photographs from family reunions, because, you see, everyone- and I do mean everyone- in my mama's family has dark, dark hair. And due to the non-presence of my dad, I am the only blonde. Back when I went to Muggle school, when I was little ( I was probably around nine or so ), certain kids used to call me a Nazi. Of course, I did not know what that was back then, but they said it with the meanest looks on their faces. It was horrible.

My best subject is Herbology, even though it is supposedly a 'Hufflepuff' class. I am quite easy with the plants and readily understand and learn new things about them all. I love the plants, even the poisonous, dangerous, and toxic ones, and I don't mean to brag, but I think I am great at handling them. A definite Ravenclaw, my mama says I was Sorted as much because my main traits are being able to set high goals and being I N T E R E S T E D in achieving them. To me, schoolwork does not always come first; I believe my place is possibly already set in the path of ensuring my place in the Wizarding World as an adult.

I love animals, but Mama is allergic to most of them, so at home I only have eight fish, named Martha, Vivienne, Maureen, Eponine, Claudia, Heidi, Polly, and Millie. However, at school I have a cat named Spock. Spock is a tortiepoint, which means he is a differently-coloured Siamese cat. He is not so sleek as he once was, it being that I have had him since I enrolled, but he is quite C H A R M I N G- just like the real Spock himself. To be honest, my mama got me into the science fiction, and she named my fish ( that is why they have names from old, old musicals. Not even from the West End! Well, some of them were. But anyhow. ) . Spock is marvelous. He is so L O G I C A L, but he lets his emotions take over from time to time, especially where Uhura is concerned. I like to think of myself as somewhat like him. S I L L Y, right?

And all shall know the [ w o n d e r ]
                                                Mama had me when she was nineteen years old, fresh out of her secondary school, with a man named Nicolas Gittelberg. Back then he was not my father, he was her partner; her partner who let her go a lot farther than they had ever intended. He was from Germany, of course, and the duties of his family drew him back. Or, rather, that is his story now. He does not like to communicate with us; I think he works in the German political world.

As a Muggle, I think he was ashamed of my mama for whom she probably should have been born from. Her parents were Jewish, but that really had nothing to do with it. And I think it is not that she was no less a witch than if she had pureblooded parents, but I feel as if she felt she did not live up to his expectations. And apparently I did not, either. Mama was heartbroken when he left, which I remember to be around the time I received my Hogwarts letter. We lived in East Berlin until I was four, so by the time I got my letter we must have been living in... Carlisle, I think. That is in North West England.

After Papa left, it was pretty hard. We moved to Lhanbryde, considering Papa was the real, monetary owner of our Carlisle residence. Living in Scotland, there was a wide real estate market open for business when Mama was looking for a place to live with me. However, Mama and I moved into a quaint little two-story brick house with a turret and a solid-wood, white-picket fence surrounding the front and back yards. The plot of land is luckily grassy and fertile, giving way to Mama’s old fondness for planting various flowers and other plants.

My room is the uppermost room, in the turret, which I am extremely fond of. Rabbits come and go as they please in the backyard, as Mama and I have little need for it now. She pays for the rent by working in a bead and knick-knack shop in the Muggle counterpart on the outside of Diagon Alley. The store she works in pays well, and as she is a witch, she is able to supply little things to various stores in Diagon Alley ( mainly Flourish and Blotts, as they use the beads and such to decorate bookmarks, quills, and fountain pens, among other things ).

I did not exactly fit in when I first arrived at Hogwarts. The train ride was hard enough. I was nervous as hell. I had heard from Mama ( who was a Hufflepuff ) that the Sorting Hat saw everything in your mind. I was not sure whether he would tell anyone about my little secret. ( Even by then I knew I had feelings for boys. It was intense and quite discomforting, knowing that the other wizards had the ability to delve into my mind and dig up material to use against me. At the Muggle school I had already been called a queer, and I had little to no interest in going through that at Hogwarts. )

Luckily, the Hat did not do anything I dreaded. He knew my panic, he told me so. He actually hemmed and hawed for a while, trying to figure out in which House I would fit best. He ( it? ) first eliminated Slytherin. The Hat did not say much about that first decision, but the little 'Hmm' he made in my ear worried me, that he thought I was a freak too. Eventually that fear drove Gryffindor out the window, too, and I was becoming very self-conscious of the time he spent on me. I believe my eagerness to do well overrode my fear of being found out, which is what I think drove him ultimately to place me in Ravenclaw.

I still have not made too many friends; I had hoped to have a few, and that I have. But all in all, I wish I had more. Well, if I look on the bright side, at least I do not have any enemies.

Brothers and sisters, babies [ t o o ]
                                                F A M I L YxxT R E E
                                              • [ Mama ]
                                                Gabrielle Kensington ( Witch ). Easily fooled. Pale. Loving. Dark hair.

• [ Papa ]
                                                Nicolas van der Roork ( Muggle ). Stern. Disapproving. German. Blonde hair.

• [ Mama's Mother ]
                                                Michelle Kensington, nee Forrest ( Squib ). Tired. Fragile. Baker. Dark hair.

• [ Mama's Father ]
                                                Hunter Kensington ( Squib ). Kindly. Weak. Carpenter. Dark hair.

• [ Papa's Mother ]
                                                Anna van der Roork, nee Bessell ( Muggle ). Thin. Pinched. Uncomfortable. Blonde hair.

• [ Papa's Father ]
                                                Georg van der Roork ( Muggle ). Firm. Generous. Strong. Blonde hair.

• [ Mama's Brother ]
                                                Melvin Kensington ( Squib ). Workaholic. Indifferent. Forgetful. Dark hair.

• [ Mama's Sister-In-Law ]
                                                Wendy Kensington, nee Newhall ( Muggle ). Motherly. Smiley. Energetic. Dark hair.

• [ Mama's Brother ]
                                                Ernest Kensington ( Wizard ). Carefree. Genius. Player. Dark Hair.

• [ My Cousin ]
                                                Lisa Kensington ( Melvin/Wendy's child; Muggle ). Gothic. Serious. Uninterested. Dark hair.

Girl-Crazy Explorer

5,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image
                                              Two houses, both alike in [ d i g n i t y ]
                                                In case you have not really been paying attention, the Sorting Hat decided ( after much weighing of options ) to place me in the House of Rowena R A V E N C L A W.

Remember to follow your [ h e a r t ]
                                                My wand is P L I A B L E and Y E W, with an A U G U R E YxF E A T H E R core. It is N I N E and a Q U A R T E R inches long to correlate with my unfortunately diminutive stature.

No man can [ s u p e r s e d e ]
                                                Must I pick a side? I would rather just stay out of any trouble that is brewing. But if I must, I would rather make less specific enemies. I will change sides if anything... drastic... happens, but right now, I think I will be on the side of the O P P O S I T I O N.

Please just know that we [ b e l i e v e ]
                                                My Patronus takes the shape of a F I N C H, in accordance with my nickname, build, and personality.

About the dark I know [ w e l l ]
                                                My boggart takes the shape of my M A M A, D E A D, or K I D N A P P E D by Papa. It changes every time I look at it, but my greatest fear is something happening to my beloved mama.

And then there were [ n o n e ]
                                                O . W . L .xxS C O R E S
                                              • [ Herbology ]
                                                O

• [ Charms ]
                                                O

• [ Transfiguration ]
                                                E

• [ History of Magic ]
                                                A

• [ Potions ]
                                                P

• [ Defence Against The Dark Arts ]
                                                A

• [ Muggle Studies ]
                                                O

• [ Astronomy ]
                                                E

• [ Divination ]
                                                P

• [ Care of Magical Creatures ]
                                                E

Fly, dove, sing [ s p a r r o w ]
                                                C L A S S E S
                                              • Herbology
                                              • Charms
                                              • Muggle Studies
                                              • Transfiguration
                                              • Astronomy
                                              • Care of Magical Creatures
                                              • History of Magic

Girl-Crazy Explorer

5,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image
                                              I get by with a little help from my [ f r i e n d s ]
                                                P E O P L ExxI NxxR A V E N C L A W
                                              • [ R o s e WEASLEY ]
                                                I do know her; fairly well, actually, but the fact of the matter is I just cannot seem to form an opinion. She has no problem forming an opinion of Alex, though. .__.

• [ T a r a DEVINE ]
                                                A very studious and dreamy girl. She is enchanting, really, and I find that it would be prudent to ask her for help in Potions- if I were still taking it, of course.

• [ N a t h a n i e l GREY ]
                                                This boy is really mysterious, and he really has a bit of a tendency to make people around him feel either ignored or unwanted. Not that I don't like my alone time, but to outright ignore someone is kind of rude in my book.

• [ V i c t o i r e WEASLEY ]
                                                A fellow Ravenclaw, I think she feels the same way I do. A little bit of an outcast, but she is easy to be around. I am eager to ask her questions- not advice, I am sure she gets enough of that already.

• [ R a v i DOSANJH ]
                                                He seems to be foreign to the utmost degree, but I find that it just takes a little time to get to know someone. I intend to find out how alike we are- though it does seem like he has a bit of a more-more personality.

• [ M a t t GREEN ]
                                                He is quite the little flirt. Much like Sabine, if that matters much. He hangs about a lot, but it is endearing, how he never lets go of that camera of his. What I want to know, however, is how many photographs he has of me...

• [ C e c i l i a NOTT ]
                                                We are all right, I suppose. It is surprising that we rarely interact, especially because we are in the same year and the same House. But I suppose that is just fine, because we are perfectly nice to each other anyhow.

• [ M e l i n d a FINNIGAN ]
                                                What an adorable girl. I think she has so much potential- that I feel is being wasted by dating James. But that is quite all right, she can make her own decisions. But she could actually do better, in my opinion.

• [ O w e n HIELBRON ]
                                                We are okay when it comes to associating. I suppose I am not as secretive as I would like to think, because he seems to know I am gay. But that is all right, as we do not associate much anyway.

P E O P L ExxI Nxx H U F F L E P U F F
                                              • [ D o m i n i c ALVAREZ ]
                                                He seems nice enough. It is just that we have not had the chance to be acquainted. A Hufflepuff, I believe. He seems quite introverted, as well.

• [ K u m i k o SAITOU ]
                                                Such an exquisite face, this one has. I do not think she has many friends, and I hope I will eventually be able to change that. She is quite the trickster, however.

• [ M a r i a HOWARD ]
                                                I cannot imagine what it would be like to live with three opposite-gendered siblings, and you the youngest! I believe I would have much to learn from this girl, though hopefully we could sustain a non-Quidditch conversation.

• [ G e o r g i a n n a ROMANO ]
                                                She is quite a character. I find it easy to talk to her and I am sure I am not the only one to want to be in her presence whenever she leaves a room. She is also with the Opposition, too, like me.

• [ S a m a n t h a EVANS ]
                                                Maxwell could not have a sister who is more his polar opposite than Samantha. She is quiet and doesn't say much, so I feel as though she is always judging me. We haven't interacted much, but she's steely.

• [ M a x w e l l EVANS ]
                                                He is quite friendly. I believe we could be on good terms with one another, even despite our many obvious differences. However, friendliness and loyalty are both qualities I value to the utmost degree, and he has both.

• [ A l b u s POTTER ]
                                                I do not know about this guy. See, he seems as if he would be perfectly kind ( he is actually quite cute ) but I am not so sure. I will have to keep an eye on him, but if something good can be found, perhaps we can be friends.

• [ N a t h i f a SHERITI ]
                                                She reminds me of my mama, how she loves the plants and the flowers. Nathifa is like a flower herself, just waiting to bloom and surprise everyone with her radiance. We get along quite nicely, and I find her purely beautiful.

• [ T u n d r a GOLDBERG ]
                                                I find this girl's endless energy to be quite amusing. Her antics are quite surprising half the time, but I feel as if she needs to tone herself down sometimes. She might hurt herself one day if she does not.

• [ M a r s h a l l ROMARCO ]
                                                I do not care too much about him, to be honest. The rocker thing gets me going sometimes, it is quite attractive, but other than that, I am not all too bothered to ever go and talk to him.

• [ B r a d e n WALTON ]
                                                We are kind of awkward around each other. I mean, we are good friends and everything, but we are constantly running out of things to say to each other. We end up just sitting there, staing at our feet.

• [ W a d s w o r t h JONES ]
                                                He is certainly one to watch. He is so nervous around teachers, and girls, and intimidating boys... it seems like he needs some Prozac or heavy drugs. Or group hugs. But he is fun when he is not shy, and I am glad we are friends.

P E O P L ExxI Nxx G R Y F F I N D O R
                                              • [ J u n n i f e r SULLIVAN ]
                                                One of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen. She is so energetic, when one is around her one finds it impossible not to smile, or to dance, or to be happy. Ah! I've found the right word to describe her. Infectious.

• [ G i l l i g a n THOMAS ]
                                                words about him

• [ J a m e s POTTER ]
                                                He seems to be, to use common terms, a douchebag. He is quite proud, and there's nothing wrong with that. He just seems a bit full of himself. More than that, he seems like he would not accept what I really am.

• [ L u c y KNIGHT ]
                                                I find it funny that James Potter isn't dating Lucy when she seems to be him, only in female form. That must be why she is a little less than favourable in my eyes. But that is just my opinion.

• [ W i l l i a m KRUM ]
                                                Oh, right, this one is that famous guy, right? I do not much keep up with world Quidditch, as I am not a fan of flying, but he seems to have talent abound. I really do not know much about him, to be honest.

• [ M i c h e a l WALSH ]
                                                The only things I know about him are that he is friends with William (also known as that famous guy) and that he is in Gryffindor. He seems the right sort, personality-wise, so that is promising.

• [ D o m i n i q u e WEASLEY ]
                                                She is so beautiful; I love her in the utmostly platonic way. Unfortunately, I barely know her, but she is absolutely wonderful, even though she is a Gryffindor. I am eager to become her friend, however, so that is promising.

• [ T e d d y LUPIN ]
                                                He is a definite Marauder, that is for sure. I mean, I have no problem with that whatsoever, it is just good to know where allegiance lies, you know? He is nice enough, though.

• [ P e t e r KRUZE ]
                                                He is all right, I guess. We never speak to each other, so maybe that could be it, but really, I do not care about this boy. He can do whatever he likes- I most certainly am not going to try and stop him.

• [ S a b i n e DRAGONETTI ]
                                                We get along like flowers and dirt. We mesh nearly perfectly. It is quite adorable how energetic she is, and I have a lot of fun hanging out with her- planning parties and talking about nothing.

P E O P L ExxI Nxx S L Y T H E R I N
                                              • [ S c o r p i u s MALFOY ]
                                                It is not that he is a Slytherin- as mentioned, I have a bit of affection stowed away for another Snake- it is simply that it is just that he is quite intimidating. Also, I believe he still carries that 'blood-purity' thing.

• [ A l e x YI ]
                                                There is something about him that intrigues me. As a Slytherin, he is not so bad, especially compared to the others. Plus, he spends time at the Ravenclaw table. He is rather good-looking, though, I must say...

• [ S k y e DEANGELO ]
                                                This one is almost as scary as Scorpius, but to a bit of a lesser degree. If anyone were to challenge this girl for her 'ice queen' title, they would be found Petrified.

• [ J a c k ARACELI ]
                                                I am very wary of him. I feel like he is practically a time bomb waiting to happen, simply because he is so calm almost all the time. I mean, I am not scared of him, per se, I just... I just tread carefully.

• [ L a c e y PARKINSON ]
                                                Airhead is what I thought of her, first off, but after you get to know her it is obvious that she is not what her body implies that she is. She has a mind that seems to be brewing up a plan... and that frightens me a little.

• [ C a l e b NOTT ]
                                                Is he dating that Lauraine girl? I think so. Well, good for him for trying to control that beast of a girl. You would have to be crazy to try and handle someone as crazy as she is.

• [ L a u r a i n e TRISCOTT ]
                                                She is freaking weird. Like, sometimes she will wink at me or something, and I say to myself, 'Does she know I am gay?' and then I say, 'Right, no she does not.' So that is always weird.

• [ M e l o d y TRILL ]
                                                words about her

• [ E m i y u t e n e w e h TRILL ]
                                                There is something wrong with her but I cannot think of quite what. I do not ever use contractions when I speak, so I find the whole we-us-her-I-them thing that she has as adorable.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff