Welcome to Gaia! ::

Luxury Starshine's Princess

Precious Blob

THIS THREAD IS FOR CHARACTERS I'VE PLAYED BEFORE.

If you've arrived at this thread because you'd like to draw one of my OCs, then thanks so much!
            Please don't post in this thread.

Precious Blob

NAME: Locklyn Heather Davies
        SEX: Female
        BIRTHDATE: August 13
        RACE: Witch
        BLOOD TYPE: B

APPEARANCE:
        Of course. The first thing people notice when they meet someone is how they look. Me? I've got blonde hair, and no, I don't tolerate dumb blonde jokes. Go get a better sense of humour. Or better yet, keep your mouth shut in the first place. Moving on, I've got reddish-brown eyes which are quite a bit more red than brown. I've been told that's creepy. I've told those people to go die in a ditch. Recently I injured one of my eyes, so I wear an eye-patch now. Yippee for me. I'm tall and slim, with peachy coloured skin. I have my hair cut so that it's short around my face and the sides of my head, but grows long out in the back. For the most part its straight, though it does sometimes flip up at the ends.

As for how I dress, I guess you could describe it as 'gothic'? I like earrings, and I have a couple lip piercings. Mother cringed when she saw it. Mouth piercings give her the crawls. I like collars, and chain necklaces and chokers. I wear black a lot. I guess you could call it a 'rebellious teen' style? That's what Dad calls it. The eyepatch kinda fits my style, so I don't mind it most of the time. The depth perception issues I could do without.

SKILLS: Potions, broomstick flight, potions, hexes and curses, charms.
        FAMILIAR: Familiars are important, both in magical workings and as companions. Mine's a snake. His name's Peter. When he's around, spells go more smoothly and I just generally feel stronger. Familiars also have longer lifespans than other animals.
        DISLIKES: Bright light, holidays, peppiness, clowns, mammals.
        FEARS: Hospitals, octopus, masks.

PERSONALITY: Competitive, sharp, stubborn, vindictive, petty, confident, secretive, resentful.

BIOGRAPHY:
        I was born the oldest of six children in an isolated witch community. Six seems to be the ideal number of children among my relatives. My mom was one of six, and each of her siblings had six children. It's a little creepy, actually. I don't know how they decided on six. It seems to go way back. But that's not really super important. I just thought I'd let you know.

Another unimportant thing that I'm gonna tell you anyways is that my parents seem to have some sort of fascination with entrances. For example, in order, their children are named Locklyn, Keyen, Dora, Widdy, Latchley, and Knobbim. Don't get it? Man you're stupid. But you do agree that those are ridiculously stupid names, right? Good.

All right, now back to the main story. Magic is used freely in witch communities like ours. Humans rarely venture there because they find the locals "creepy", so we're free to do whatever we wish. This includes flying around on broomsticks, brewing potions, talking about the most bizarre (to humans) things, and sacrificing goats (but only on "Hallowe'en" ). The school was tiny, a so everyone knew everybody else. I wasn't well-liked, so I got heckled a lot. That's when I developed my interest in voodoo. Sure showed them!

I got Peter, my snake, when I was, you guessed it, six years old. He was just a little guy back then, but being a boa constrictor, he got really big really fast. It was awesome. I took him to school with me a couple times, but the teachers quickly put a stop to that. Apparently he "scared the other students." Wimps.

After that, life was pretty well uneventful. I got into trouble a lot. Recently I got into some trouble that cost me my eye, but it was the curse I cast as payback that got me in major trouble. After that, my parents pretty well banished me to go "cool my head" a bit.

SIBLINGS: Keyen, Dora, Widdy, Latchley, and Knobbim
        COUSINS: Jerah, Vivian, Caroline, Jezzie, Virgil, and Claude.

RECEIVED ART
        Sexy Vampire Mojo Sage Holwell Vaginal Box Rize-chan

Precious Blob

NAME: Jezebel Fiona Darling
        NICKNAME: Jezzie
        BIRTHDATE: October 30
        BLOOD TYPE: B-

APPEARANCE:
        Jezzie is 5'6" tall. She's on the slim side and doesn't have much in the breast department. She has bust-length dark brown hair with layers that she loves to play with by braiding it, sticking it up in ponytails and pigtails and buns. She loves ribbons, pins, laces, and knitted and crocheted items that she makes herself. Her eyes are big and rounded, and a red-brown that is more red than brown. She's very girly, but also very quirky. Skirts and dresses are her most common attire, but she also loves leggings and overalls. She never wears jeans. Other items she likes to wear are blouses, jewelry, gloves, boots, flats, heels, quirky pins, anything patterned with cats or bats. Her favourite colours are black, purple, and white.

SKILLS: Potions, broomstick flight, charms, curses, knitting, crochet, handicrafts.
        FAMILIAR: Not all Witches have them, but most do. Familiars are important because they enhance magic and make cast spells last longer. It can't just be a regular animal, though. It has to be an animal with magic properties. Technically, any animal has the possibility of being born this way, but it's very rare and almost unheard of for many species. The most common types are toads, owls, rats, and cats, with black being the most predominant colour. Mine happens to be a black cat named The Emperor, though sometimes I shorten it to Em or Empe. Why did I name him that? Because, and don't tell him I said this, he's kind of a snob. Shhh, he'll get mad if he finds out I said that. He takes himself very seriously. No joke.
        LIKES: Handicrafts, animals, singing, water, singing, accessories.
        DISLIKES: Sunny weather, being hungry, the colour yellow, cameras, and cooking.
        FEARS: Bush monsters, witch hunts, and garborators.

PERSONALITY: Naive, gullible, competitive, cheerful, clingy, vengeful, hot-tempered, sweet, energetic, enthusiastic, holds petty grudges.

BIOGRAPHY:
        I was born and grew up in a Witch community, as the fourth of six children. Let me tell you, growing up around all Witches is an interesting experience. If there's no regular humans to witness the magic, then they tend not to be careful. I grew up accustomed to seeing things that would cause most people's jaws to hit the floor, or possibly make them faint from shock. I grew up unaware of the fact that magic is not the norm. Other than that, we were a pretty regular family, though large. What can I say? My parents like kids.

Our community had its own school, though a small one. Since we didn't have to cater to non-Witch students, a lot of charms, potions, and spells were taught at school. Though they tried to teach me fortune telling, I never had any skill at it. Not once have I ever had an accurate reading. That disappointed me a little bit, since one of my older sisters was a very successful fortune teller, but I eventually got over it, as most children get over great disappointments.

I got the Emperor when I was about seven years old. Most Witch children receive their familiars from their parents, who find them for them. This was not the case with me. Empe found me on his own, surprisingly enough. I was playing in our backyard with my two younger brothers. I don't remember what game we were playing. It's entirely possible that we were making it up. Anyway, I was concentrating on scribbling something in the dirt with a stick when my youngest brother Claude suddenly shrieked. I looked up in surprise to see a kitten on his back, digging its claws rather harshly into his back. Startled, I froze. The cat was staring right at me, its unblinking amber eyes seeming to stare right into me. Then, the cat slowly loosened its grip on my brother, lightly hopped down, and trotted over to me.

Empe really carries himself like royalty, as though he's the highest being in the universe. It left me awestruck back then, as this little fluffy kitten circled around me, like a buying checking out the merchandise. When he came to a stop, I did the first thing I could think of. I introduced myself. Then I introduced my brothers. I didn't even know why, I just did. Then I picked the cat up and showed him to my parents. At first, I don't think they realized that he was a familiar, because they made me put him back outside and ordered us to wash up for dinner, and we did as we were told.

The next day, he followed me to school. He spent the day sitting on the classroom windowsill, watching me as I sat at my desk. Then he followed me home. For four days it went on like this, before my parents decided to give him a closer look. When they realized that he was a familiar, they tried to give him to one of my older sisters, who didn't have a familiar yet. But he wouldn't stay with her. He would always come back to me. I don't know why, since her magic is stronger than mine, but he chose me. We've been inseperable since then. He seems pleased with his choice, so I don't question it too much.

Life progressed fairly uneventfully. I got my first boyfriend when I was fifteen, but he dumped me two months later for a blonde girl with dimples. I grieved, and I got over it. The Emperor seemed pleased, though. He's not the type who likes to share, and having my attention occupied by a non-family member was really grating on his nerves.

Eventually, I graduated. I was in a panic because I didn't know what I wanted to do with myself. I knew I wanted to be a Charmcaster, but how could I reach that goal? In the end, my father decided to send me to my oldest sibling, a brother that's eleven years older than me. Since he'd moved out when I was six and rarely came back to visit, I barely even knew him and was extremely nervous when he came to pick me up. To make matters worse, he was in the middle of moving, so I wouldn't even be going to a settled-in house. Even so, I put my brave face on. He seems nice so far, and the neighbours seem to be pretty interesting. But he lives in a human neighbourhood, and I'm scared I'll screw up. Stories about being burned at the stake are still told to Witch children, you know.

SIBLINGS: Jerah, Vivian, Caroline, Virgil, and Claude.
        COUSINS: Locklyn, Keyen, Dora, Widdy, Latchley, and Knobbim.

User Image User Image
        RECEIVED ART
        December Frost reviali Foofee Kacino x-LunarKandy-x Chunese Voldemort is Sexy
        StarrKoala rher002 hicalcium artittack

Precious Blob

NAME: Beryl
        RACE: Death Spirit
        SEX: Male
        POWERS: Life absorption

APPEARANCE:
        Beryl is very small, standing at only 5'4" tall. He has a tiny frame to go with, being slight of build with very small hands and feet. His hair is white and thick, with tons of soft, loose curls. He usually leaves his hair loose, but will sometimes tie it back. His eyes are a very pale grey, almost white, and his skin is almost paper white. His eyes are slightly pointed at the corners, and he has thick, pale eyelashes. He's very careful to dress so that all of his skin is covered, because he absorbs other the life force of other creatures through direct skin contact, and he has no control over this power. He wears long-sleeved turtle-necked shirts, long pants, boots, gloves, and sometimes wraps a scarf around the lower half of his face for added protection. He dresses all in black.

PERSONALITY: Mistrustful, lonely, distant, cautious, kind, anxious, accepting, low sense of self worth.

BLURB:
        You've lost track of how old you are. You can't even remember the name you were given at birth. It's not a matter of memory loss, but time. You are ancient, immortal, and so much time has passed that these things no longer seem important. Most of your immortal life has been spent alone. How else can it be when you kill with a mere touch? So you wander, never staying in one place more than a month. You gain and discard names for every place you enter and leave. What else can you do? There are people who know what you are. You cover every inch of your skin to protect people from your lethal touch, but accidents happen. When they do you get chased out of town. It's been so long since you've trusted someone, you're not sure you remember how. You know you should stay away from people, but you crave companionship. You're drawn to places where people gather. Like festivals. There, you can blend in with the crowd and pretend you're one of them. And just for a little while, you won't be quite so alone. But actual friendship? That's out of the question. Even if you could make a friend, you've accidentally killed too many people you liked to risk it. You're used to being on your own anyway. A little loneliness won't kill you. Nothing does.

SIGNIFICANT OTHER: Valerian
          NAME: Valerie / Valerian
          NICKNAME: Ian
          PHYSICAL SEX: Hermaphrodite
          CHOSEN GENDER: Male
          RACE: Water Nymph
          POWERS: Water control and healing

APPEARANCE:
          Valerian is 5'10" tall and has a slim build. His hair is a bright aquamarine colour, straight, and cut short. His eyes are blue-green. He's fair-skinned. He dresses like a guy, in pants, shirts, vests, boots, etc.

PERSONALITY: Playful, sensitive, lax, stubborn, impulsive.

BLURB:
          (written by Fai)
          Long ago you were born an anomaly among nymphs. Nymphs are female, you are...but aren't. You refuse to explain how it works, but you're both genders simultaneously, and from a young age, you've always felt male. Your rather large family has rejected that idea from day one, insisting you to be female and to be like them and have lots of children. It disgusts you. Sure, men can be attractive, that side of your being a nymph is something you can't ignore, but the very thought of shoving a child from between your hips sends you running for the hills, and let's not ever get into showing what's beneath your clothes to someone else...no. Not going to happen. Because of all this, instead of seducing men, like your "sisters" do, you talk and play sports with them, whatever it is they do for fun. The best part is that no matter how fragile you look, they don't have to hold back when they play. Immortality does that to you, you know? They can hurt you every which way and you simply...get over it. Injury doesn't kill you, illness doesn't kill you, and time sure as hell doesn't even touch you. It's all a little boring though, after the first hundred years or so it gets repetitive, and people you like keep dying, but what are you supposed to do? There's no one else even remotely like you. Live and let live, right?

PLAYED BY: Mage Fai D Flourite

User Image User Image User Image
        Beryl - Beryl - Valerian

RECEIVED ART
        PrinceKuma [Chinese Tea] InnocenceIsMine Grim Luminosity cookievampire itsaprilfools Banika Pie Artisti
        goldcadet

Precious Blob

NAME: Oege
        RACE: Werewolf
        POWER: Transforms into a wolf, during the full moon and when enraged.
        APPEARANCE:
        Chihari the Kiwi
        But no. Between him and escape had appeared a large, if not especially tall, man with thick bushy black hair with curls that stuck up at all angles. There had clearly been some effort to tame the mass by tying it back, but half of it had escaped and was curling every which way, and fell to just above his butt. The eyes that peeked out from under bushy eyebrows looked to be a kind of honey colour, not quite brown and not quite gold. He had a wide, flat nose, but any other distinguishing facial features were hidden behind a beard that put even the man's monster hair to shame.

HEIGHT: 5'7"
        PERSONALITY: Kind, gruff, hardworking, resilient, loyal, mellow most of the time, but can fly into rages, simple.
        BLURB:
        As a born werewolf, pack is very important to you. Family, trust, loyalty; all these things you value above all else. Your father was the alpha of your pack. And, as is pack law, when he was killed and a new alpha took his place, you and your siblings were driven from the pack. Nothing personal, really, just to defend against against retaliation. At first the three of you tried to stick together, to replicate the pack that you were no longer a part of, but an avalanche separated you from them and now you no longer know if they're even alive. And then you were alone, and the loneliness near killed you. You were pretty lost there for a while, constantly wandering, never staying in one place, never really knowing what you were searching for. A handful of years later you wound up at a rough-and-tumble tavern in a tiny port town... just in time for some redheaded idiot try to take on five guys twice his size. And being the good Samaritan you are, you punched a guy in the head, grabbed the bleeding redhead, and ran. You've been stuck with the crazy goof ever since, and recently the two of you have fallen in with a crew of pirates. Pirates aren't quite the kind of people you're used to, but... pack is pack, right?

RELATIONSHIPS:
          NAME: Taylor Keith Dawson
          RELATIONSHIP: Best friend / Pirate Captain
          RACE: Part Selkie, part human, part immortal witch
          POWERS: Night vision, strong lungs, transformation, alteration
          APPEARANCE:
          Messy dark red hair that falls into his eyes and down the nape of his neck, but doesn't touch his shoulders. He has dark green eyes.
          BLURB:
          (Written by Clomp)
          You're something of royalty. Rich. Powerful. Good-looking. Blessed with long life. There is the not-so-small matter of a curse, but the compulsion to obey a woman's word alone does not explain your wanderlust, rough-and-tumble manners, and complete disregard for convention, not to mention how carelessly you've abandoned both family and respectability. Truth be told, you haven't been home in years, though every now and then, you still feel mother-dearest calling. You're more than willing to pay the price of not obeying, simply out of spite. You spend more time at sea than on land these days, though that's to be expected, given your heritage. Lately you've taken to a boat that does less legal business than most, but it's not like it's your first experience with piracy. It is a little strange that you've become attached to someone the last few years. You've always been a bit of a lone wolf, but ever since the guy saved your a** in a barfight a few years back, you've stuck close. It's kind of nice having your own big, bad, protective wolfhound watching your back, though sometimes you'd swear he's almost more trouble than he's worth. Ah, well. What are friends for?

PLAYED BY: CLOMP-a-saurus

RECEIVED ART
        -FatefulRising-Dame Ephelia

Precious Blob

NAME: Vladimir Gerhold

APPEARANCE:
        Vladimir is tall and lanky, at about 6'4" tall. He has very long, light purple hair that is naturally wavy, but he often straightens because it goes nuts during humid weather. He has narrow, pointed purple eyes that are a couple shades darker than his hair. His skin is a peachy colour, and a bit pale due to his sickly nature. He has sharp, somewhat regal features.

SKILLS: Clear sight, disillusionment, and observation.
        LIKES: Reptiles, crowded streets, capes, compliments, contact, and rain.
        DISLIKES: Furry animals, fire, shy people, humans, his own weakness.
        FEARS: Being burned, helplessness.

PERSONALITY: Vain, bold, friendly, straight forward, arrogant, stubborn, playful, childish, serious, and refined.

BIOGRAPHY:
        First, I will say that my parents are both witches. How they met is not known to me, as they never shared that information with me. All I know was that they met, probably fell in love, got married, and were fairly content with their lives. I was not the first child born to my parents, nor was I the second. I was born third, though I only have one older sibling. My brother, who was born just a little of a year before I, was stillborn. That left me and my elder sister, Marjorie, to continue on the family line. Marjorie was born five years before me, and was my primary nurturer. My parents were of the aloof sort. I am sure they loved us, but they seemed to assume that we knew so, and thus made no effort to show it.

As a family of witches, staying in one spot was not really an option for us, especially since my sister's magic... had a tendecy to be explosive. Because that's what she did, explode things. Not always on purpose. Sometimes she would get mad, glare at something, and it would spontaneously explode. I found this hilarious, humans found this alarming, and my parents found this a good reason to move again. So away we went.

I will not bore you with stories of our many moves. Just know that we moved often, sometimes every few months. My sister and I were the best of friends, despite our age differences, and spent a great deal of time playing in whichever spot we had designated for ourselves in our current home. Sometimes it was an attic, other times it was a basement. Sometimes we shared a room, sometimes we hid ourselves away in a large closet. We played all sorts of things, her dolls and my toy dragons. Some days her dolls would be damsels in distress captured by my bloodthirsty dragons, other times they were companions on a marvellous adventure. The two of us lived in a world of our own for the most part, though sometimes we allowed other children to join in our games, but not often. Our parents were wary and suspicious of other children, and did not allow any of them in the house. Besides, I was almost always sick. Being confined to bed meant that I couldn't go out and play, and my sister's role as my constant companion meant that she was always inside to play with me.

On that note, my parents were quite strict. There were a whole bunch of rules that we had to abide by, which in hindsight were probably for our own protection. Should we ever leave the house, we had to be back by five o' clock each day. Both of us were homeschooled, to reduce the number of "accidents." Friends were not allowed in the house. Magic was to be done inside the house, and only inside the house, and shown to no outsiders. The words 'witches' and 'magic' were never to cross our lips, especially not in reference to ourselves. My sister had a terrible time of it, since she had so little control over her magic. As for me, I do not think it was even realized that I was a witch until I was at least eight years old. My magic does not show outwardly, so they probably assumed that I was just an odd child when I went on and on about how certain emotions looked like certain colours, and how I knew Marjorie was really, really mad that I broke her favourite cup, because she was glowing a really dark, fire orange.

When my sister and I were able - and well enough - to sneak out, we never had any trouble befriending the human children in our area. Both of us were personable, friendly children, so they tended to like us. And that's why we had to move so often, because these children would witness my sister blow something up. Anyway, we knew all the tricks to wiggle our way into people's affections, because neither of us liked to be lonely, and we did not have the time to make friends slowly. Both of us were very careful not to reveal our status as witches.

The only people other than my immediate family that I had any sort of strong connection with were my cousins. They were the children of my mother's only sister, and her husband. Between them, they had seven children. Seven! They were always coming over to visit, and were a happy, cheerful family. I loved them very much, and it was nice to have people that were completely trustworthy to talk to. Not all of them were witches, some of them had been born with no magic ability whatsoever. They were not as careful about what they said and did as my parents had trained my sister and I to. Some of the things they said in public made my sister and I cringe and glance around nervously to make sure no one had heard.

We tried to explain to them that it was dangerous not to be careful, that if they were discovered, bad things would happen. We were not able to tell them what, since our parents had never told us, and their parents were determined that they all live without worries and so had never told them, either. So they did not believe us when we told them it was dangerous, because we could not supply a reason, and so continued on as they had.

It was not long after that we found out what that "bad thing" was.

One morning, we heard a huge commotion. My sister and I had been playing in our bedroom when Father suddenly raced in, told us to grab anything we needed and come downstairs. It was not the first time such a thing had happened, but it was the first time that he had looked so scared while doing so, and the commotion coming through the window was enough of an indicator that something was very, very wrong.

With an uneasy glance at each other, my sister and I hauled out the backpacks we kept under our beds and shoved in anything we felt was necessary or valuable. Within a minute, we were racing downstairs and out the back door, joining our Mother and Father who were waiting there for us. They didn't explain what was going on, just took off running as soon as we joined them. We followed, feeling very frightened. I had fallen ill again, so I was having trouble keeping up. We were climbing up a hill when we heard screaming. Father yelled for us not to look back, but we did.

Our cousin's house was on fire, the whole building. I could see some of them trying to get out, either through the doors or climbing out the windows, but there was a mob of people surrounding the house, refusing to let them out. All of the breath whooshed out of my lungs and I tried to turn back and go help them. Mother grabbed me and hauled me back, telling me there was nothing I could do. I was about to scream at her when I realized that she was crying. So I bit my lip and followed, now understanding why they were so strict, why we were never allowed to say that we were witches.

After that, life progressed pretty much as it always had, though things were a bit more forlorn. My parents were even more distant than they had been previously, and Marjorie no longer made any attempts to leave the house. The burnings had instilled in her a terrible fear of both her magic and humans. Now I'm the one who must look after her, and I do. I also look after whatever fledgling witches the Witches' Council decides to dump on me.

RELATIVES: Marjorie

User Image User Image User Image

RECEIVED ART
        Amazing Spaghetti curlie qt December Frost December Frost
        December Frost hito_ritabi tea_daiquiri Lunar Inaba

Precious Blob

NAME: Marjorie Gerhold

APPEARANCE:
        Marjorie is a tall woman, standing at about 5'11". She has long wavy black hair, falling to about mid-back, that is often disheveled. Her eyes are dark purple and narrow.
        :
        :
        :
        :
        :

Precious Blob

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash