• Harvest Hazard 500
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

Romero Wicker

S P I R I T in the S K Y - ✦ !

come a little closer ↺  ✖   ↻ Stay a little longer 

User Image
User ImageUser Image
    •    Tongue-tied and tentatively stepping forward into the unknown, Romero had no idea what awaited him in the darkness of the ocean's depths. He was never one for swimming, but awaiting cautiously at the shore as a deep voice beckoned him would have been more out-of-character. So he swam. And swam. And swam. His body continued even as his lungs screamed for oxygen, for something more important than his own mortality awaited for him just out of his grasp.

"B-R-R-R-R-R-ING." With the deafening sound of an alarm, the murky river below dissipated into nothingness, and reflexively Romero threw the alarm, smashing it against the farside wall. His eyes glowed in feral rage. Several regions list the most notable description of Primeapes as their love for sleep and hatred for being awoken, and that never truly changed for Romero. He hate being woken up from his dreams, and Arceus save whatever soul would ever try such an attempt.

After a moment to collect himself, the white-haired man rubbed his head and self-apologetically got up, retrieving the alarm clock. His new years resolution was to decrease the amount of objects he destroyed in his anger, and yet that's exactly how he began the year. Oops. But the time was of the essence, for he knew his alarm clock was set at 7 AM for a reason. No matter how much alcohol he had the night before at the new years celebration, he still had a life to attend to. With a quick breakfast of a reheated quiche and some milk, he was already fueled enough for the morning; and with a quick stretch and change into a loose red jumpsuit, he was already out the door to the daycare.

No neo-Pokemon so far has laid an egg or train with pokemon, but the humans on the island did bring their own pokemon, and there are still young neo-pokemon not quite of age to go to school, so there is still a need for daycare service on the small island. For the holiday, most trainers checked their pokemon out, but there were still a small amount of eggs in incubators that needed to hatch soon, a feature unique only to Wicker Family Daycares. After all, with all of his bustling energy, the neo-primeape was the perfect person to get pokemon as close to hatching as possible before their trainers arrive to pick them up. For today, however, Romero planned to simply do a check-up on them, making sure everything was running smoothly.

Aside from checking on the eggs, there was a more pressing matter at hand--his charts. Paperwork is probably one of Romero's least favorite parts of his job, but that's part of the reason he's made a loophole in the matter by making graphs and charts via arts & crafts with the children who come in. With a new egg showing up the other day, there was a chance to add a new set of pokemon to the compatibility charts he's been making, all with pictures of pokemon illustrated by the majestic art styles of children. It would seem nearly incomprehensible to anyone but Romero and the very children who drew them, but it was a helpful resource. After all, for a man who wants children of his own someday, he has to figure out the strange science behind egg compatibility rates.

Fairy Type pokemon and their eggs are among the rarest. Adding the cotton ball dipped in pink paint (aka Swirlix) and egg shaped pink smiley face (aka Chansey) to the small chart was a small sense of relief. Only a handful of other pokemon were added to the paper, including a pink eraser reshaped to look like a Jigglypuff and a mostly green foliage made from outdoor grass and dirt to illustrate Florges. In spite of the small progress that's been made in the short time the island has existed, Romero still felt proud of what has been accomplished.

But just as quickly as he arrived, the time came for him to leave. After all, he had an appointment with the Big Boss in town, the whole inch taller Mayor Phoi. When he wasn't working, he was exercising, and nothing made the daycare owner happier than having someone to exercise with. Sure, he was a short-tempered mess most of the time, but exercising was a new outlet he has been attempting to use to drive his anger into a more productive format. It seems like it's been semi-productive, but there's always room for improvement, and luckily there's at least one patient person willing to be around until then.

"Yo, Big Boss! Morning to ya," He shouted halfway from his home, as soon as the Minun neo-pokemon was in sight. He grinned excitedly as he got closer, scanning his jogging partner's body for jewelry. Luckily, he spotted the necklace quickly enough to understand today was a she/her day. It's something he's gotten much better at through time. Granted at first he used neutral pronouns, the use of a physical for of identification helped the visual learner pick up her pronouns much faster than normal. "It's been an exciting morning! Added a new set of pokemon to an egg group chart and it's just the beginning of the year. I wanna believe that's an awesome sign!"

User Image 「 Location 」 Home
                                            User Image 「 Company 」 Mayor Phoi
                                            User Image 「 Mood 」 Pumped!(★^O^★)

OOC: n/a

Romantic Gardener

13,125 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Harvest Hazard 500
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image
What strangetrails 《《《
   ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ᴡᴇ ɢᴇᴛ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ   

User Image With (the party) at (school) User Image
User Image Feeling (confused) in (garbage) User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
    •    Just as Jay had finally managed to hit a note of complete apathy for falling asleep in class, a booming voice echoed in front of them. The culprit was, unsurprisingly, Finn Yusei. Jay rolled their eyes, ultimately deciding to stay up. Naps would have to wait for AP Chemistry next period, where no distracting classmates are expected to pry.
         "Dumbass," they murmured while turning their attention back to Slaghorn. Most would expect Jay to be content with Finn. After all, both had a knack for getting into fights and ending up with far more enemies than friends, and yet Jay has never so much as spoken a word to Mr. Popular during their brief time together as students. Something in Jay told him working together for a class project would lead to disaster in one way or another. Besides, Jay often managed to find a way to work alone in group projects. Unnecessary cooperation wasn't Jay's strong suit. Even before their brother died, they were a shy kid with little to no desire to talk to others outside their family.
         Class drudged onward faster than before, Jay finally grappling random topics Slaghorn was attempting to discuss with the class. He almost attempted to even crack a history joke somewhere in between the lines, but it was crudely executed and only something someone who grew up reading The Histories would even catch up on. Fortunately, it appeared as though time had continued,
      in spite of feeling as though it stood still in Slaghorn's continuous lecture. With the sound of the bell ringing, Jay immediately stood up, grabbing their already packed backpack. They were too focused on considering chemistry class that, for a moment, they didn't realize time had frozen. A quick and studious glance with their beaming eyes darted across the class. Sitting in the back, they could see everything in a better lens. It wasn't just the vast majority of the class. It was also objects. The clock stopped ticking, pencils stayed mid air, bell stopping mid-tone, Slaghorn's lecture book remained still in spite of being flipped through just a moment ago. Jay looked at the only others who were not frozen. Of all people, it had to be such an odd bunch. People they could never see them self cooperating with on a constant basis.
         "Heroes! Help us!" Jay looked around, attempting to locate the source of the voice, but it had been so loud, they could almost swear it was from inside their head. Just as quickly as time had stood still, everything continued back to normal. It all seemed like some well-planned practical joke made on the four most disagreeable people in the graduating class. Had the grand senior prank just been operated? Sure, last year they managed to get his mother's car dismantled and rebuilt on top of the roof, but this felt...much smarter in execution.
         “I’m not the only one that saw that…right?” Cameron seemed to ask the rest of those who bore witness to the recent...event. Jay slung their backpack onto their back before crossing their arms in irritation at such an odd situation.

'Talk about necessary cooperation,' They contemplated how to respond vocally, only responding with a nod for now before considering how such an elaborate prank could even be planned. Perhaps...Jay shook the idea of their mind that anything remotely supernatural could have occurred. This was reality, not some elaborate fantasy world. Physics, rules of time and space, it all had its place. But...
         "It's probably the working of some theater department kids. I know they're fond of wire-trapped effects," Jay finally managed to come to some logical explanation. It barely worked in their head, but it worked more than any fantasy involving magic.

Romantic Gardener

13,125 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Harvest Hazard 500
  • Conventioneer 300
User ImageUser Image
      ᴍᴀʀᴋᴜs    
      ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ : : marketplace
      ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ  : :  iless
      ᴍᴏᴏᴅ  : :  curious

ʟᴀᴄɪᴇ   
      ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ : :   Tavern
      ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ  : :  klonus, xago, zuki
      ᴍᴏᴏᴅ  : :  calm
User Image 📚 User Image

• The purple haired girl's demeanor came off as generally soft-spoken and shy to Lacie at the moment. Her fidgeting behavior was perhaps the main reason behind Lacie's judgment, but the way she spoke seemed to further her opinion.

"Well...actually,"
    Lacie eyed the 'help wanted' sign left out front of the tavern that was now in the girl's hand. The tavern keep crossed her arms and nodded in understanding. "I came here to inquire about getting a job?"

As the girl approached, Lacie relaxed her demeanor ever so slightly, remaining in the rigid posture she had developed after centuries of practice. Her face seemed less tense, however, as her consistently furrowed eyebrows loosened into a more relaxed and raised appearance.

"I would hope you are the ones I would need to talk about it?" Lacie nodded yet again.

"I am the keeper of the tavern, Lacie Shields. So I am the one you would need to talk to about such a thing," She admitted, controlling her voice's natural influx to add more vocal emphasis than necessary. The girl seemed normal, human, and friendly. As far as Lacie felt, she seemed like a decent enough person to work at a tavern. It might require the girl to grow a bit of a thick skin and figure out how to handle more testy customers, but aside from that the job of a tavern employee didn't require much experience.

"You are till looking for help, correct?" The girl inquired, to which Lacie nodded her head again.

"I have temporary help for tonight, but I am looking for a more consistent set of employees, so yes." Lacie's voice remained consistently at the same tone.

"I don't know what you're looking for...b-but I am sure...I can be of some assistance." Lacie would be lying if she didn't admit to having a softer side for girls, particularly when it came to their determination. She let her guard down easier around women and fellow female warriors. She seemed almost enthusiastic--almost--to hear the girl's willingness. As Klonus came down and asked for a drink, to which Xago responded, allowing Lacie to remain focused on the girl at hand. Lacie grabbed the help wanted sign and placed it inside one of the bar drawers.

"Working in a tavern generally does not require previous experience. It truly only needs patience and the ability to fend for yourself and others when the crowd gets rough," She explained, her eyes drifting to the fire. The list of employees who died while on the job was longer than most would expect, but Lacie decided to take it upon herself to act as the muscle of the tavern. Defending the defenseless for an entire nation had been her job for several centuries. Decreasing the amount to simply those inside her tavern should be much easier. Even so, having employees that can fend for themselves would be a benefit on her behalf. Focusing back on the idea of hiring the young girl, Lacie looked at the two men in the room with them. "I admire your will. It says much about a person--more so than appearances ever could...This is Xago and Klonus. They are currently hired to assist me in the grand re-opening tonight. May I ask for your name?"
    User Image
    “You certainly do have a way with words, don’t you, Markus?” A chuckle escaped the deity's lips, stirring a wide grin on Markus' own face. Being a bard, it had been a part of his travels to be seen as a soothsaying diplomat or scholar. Even before, the art of being a performer for several centuries was more than enough to make him suave in diction and tone.

“I’m sure you’ve used such lines on others before.” The tone was teasing in a comfortably familiar tone. Almost as if Iless was an old friend come to banter with the egocentric Markus yet again after ages of separation. Markus simply shrugged, his beaming smile feigning innocence. It was his own way of not denying the claims of his flirtatious nature.

“As to my reason for being here…well, it’s a complicated matter. But it’s a matter of my own emotions rather than a great battle.” Markus was curious as to how Iless would continue to explain. A god of war coming to the realm for an emotionally driven conquest was something out of folklore. “I’m looking for someone. Someone to be my partner through the ages…to a god, it is foolish. But I was never known for being smart.”

Markus almost wanted to laugh at such a childish desire, though his cocked eyebrow was more than enough to explain his sentiment on such a plan. One partner? Through eternity? It sounded impossible. People change regardless of their age, especially as society evolves. Mindsets, politics, desires--they all change so often, Markus couldn't imagine adding another soul on top of that. Even so, belittling the desires of a god was still rude in his mind. While he could perhaps live forever, a god such as Iless could find a way to slaughter him so elegantly, he wouldn't know his soul had passed until the looming shadow of Death himself hugged him and greeted him as his grandson.

“We are acquainted, but perhaps we could become more so.” Now was the time for Markus to let out a laugh. Pursuing a partner for eternity was none of Markus' business, but believing he could be such a thing? Nobody on this continent or the next would even attempt such a difficult trial.

"I could not promise to be a candidate in your search for an eternal love, but perhaps tonight may suffice," Markus boldly offered. He was not a man to hide his own intentions to those who already understand the game he plays. Eternity was not his game plan, even if the strings of fate state otherwise. For now, his face looked down upon Iless' own. He was a handsome man indeed. Mortals wane in comparison to such genuinely ethereal features.

“I’ve heard of a marvelous dancer living here, I can only assume that it must be you. You have a most exquisite form." It was Iless' turn to observe Markus, bringing a sense of pride in the (relatively) young half-fae man. His performances were one of the few things Markus could gloat about in front of his parents, but for a deity to have such knowledge did more than stroke his ego.

"I see I'm not the only one who caters others with flattery, though the words of a god are perhaps more meaningful than that of a bard." Markus ruffled his locks as Iless continued to observe him. "I perform tonight at the Wood Shield Tavern. Perhaps you could grace us with your presence?" His eyes glinted with excitement, so lost in the thrills of compliments that he had completely forgotten a previous engagement he offered to a beautiful redhead.

[x]

Out Of Character: this is self-explanatory.
  • Romantic Gardener

13,125 Points
    • Buggin' 500
    • Harvest Hazard 500
    • Conventioneer 300
    User ImageUser Image
    X X L O C A T I O N ▪ ▪ Home X X X X C O M P A N Y ▪ ▪ Annabelle ▪ No One X X X X M O O D ▪ ▪ Frustrated X X

─────────────── ───────────────

Victoria eyed her concerned daughter, placing down her empty wine glass onto the coffee table, the bittersweet taste of white zinfadel still rolling along her tongue. It perhaps would have sat better with her had she consumed cheese and crackers with it as per usual, but she was not in the mood for comfort. She was in the mood to allow such a bitter sensation remain, keeping her in the state of wallowing she needed to remain in.

“A confidential source texted me to tell me to keep things behind curtains. I don’t know if they were hired to have a look and didn’t want to risk seeing me get out of the shower, or if they heard about someone watching the place and thought I should know. Either way, best to make sure no one has a chance to go peeking at us until we can find out who, and what is going on.” Quickly, Victoria's fury shined in her blue eyes. The idea of them being spied on wasn't surprising, but it remained appalling. She scoffed while looking at the closed window curtains.

"How dare they liberty of viewing the night sky. Must be a Hale," She snickered, though uncertain in all truth. Such a claim would most likely cause Anna to shake her head. She was always a good one for not falling into the assumptions game, but her youth and inexperience in the political ties between the families was her downfall in rationality. What the rest of the family knew about the Hales and the Raines heads' relations were bare minimum, having both previous generations remaining privy. It wasn't until the newer head came into power that dynamics changed truly. As Anna sat down, Victoria prepared to listen to what had been bothering her daughter.

“Someone broke into Uncle Marcus’ place, and attacked Jess. Thus the increased security. If they are coming here for something, they won’t acquire it easily.” While giving the same face of discontent, Victoria shook her head in what seemed to be worry for Jess' well-being. However, it was her men who were sent, and she knew just what they were looking for. “Jess found a police report talking about the time shortly after father’s death.”

The only police report which could hint at Alice's involvement. The moronic young girl shot the driver on accident, and beloved Gregory pushed her out of the car before impact. The report discussed the witness report claiming one of the back doors was found open upon discovery. If found, it could lead to the family getting further clues on just what had happened. It wasn't much, but it was enough to get people to ask about hair samples in the car, which Victoria was all too certain could still exist. The man she sent was supposedly an expert on covert operations. She was going to be sure to deal with him later. Now that Marcus has it, he'll be quick enough to put two and two together on why it was going to be stolen.

"Poor Jess...I hope she's alright...I'm not quite sure she knows what she got herself into, falling for a Raines man," She drifted off, considering how to approach the girl in a concerned manner the next time they meet. It's likely Marcus would keep her around more at this rate. She's lasted long, despite being so young and non-influential in their world.

"What is the point of being nice to the mayor, and getting neutral persons assigned so that we can avoid an unnecessary war if I’m just going to have to do the work, anyways?” Anna's question allowed Victoria a moment to truly act as a mother, embracing her daughter with a gentle and warm hug.

"It all works out best in the end, my dear, if we keep someone out of our families on the job. The Hales want Raines blood and the Raines want Hales blood. What you're feeling here...they're feeling there, as well. Everyone wants answers, but the answers will remain unskewed if we have someone neutral," Victoria explained, as she perhaps had twice before. The exhausted look in her daughter's eyes mirrored her own. As Anna sent a text, Victoria turned her attention back to the original idea behind hiring a neutral detective. Rosales was a good one, but he despised the mafia for a reason. Keeping him at bay with as little information as possible was the best plan of action. Unbeknownst to her, he was currently getting what puzzle pieces he needed to crack open this case...

“A lot has been going on. We’ve all been nearly overwhelmed with so much work to be done. How are you feeling?” Anna's concern was welcoming, yet it brought a tint of sorrow in her own eyes.

"Losing the love of your life isn't easy, even if the life we chose granted him a shorter life sentence than most...but I manage, I've kept myself busy with the little things. It's these family meetings that really bring me back, though...they just feel so hollow without your father. He was a great leader, and for as great as Marcus is, he just isn't his brother." The words in her soft accent began to slur from the exhaustion and alcohol. With a glimmer of love in her eyes, she turned to Anna.

"My dear, I love speaking with you, but I believe we both need to at least attempt to get some rest. I know we'll be needing to look our best tomorrow. We'll most likely be going to Marcus' estate tomorrow to find out what's...going on," Victoria yawned while speaking, rising up and walking towards her room. "Rest well, my sweet Annabelle."

Victoria, however, was not ready for rest. Upon going into her room and locking it, she quickly tip-toed into her closet to pull out a burner phone, dialing the only number on it. With the knowledge that their home being watched, a satellite scrambler was quickly turned on to keep her line safe.

"I failed."

"Bloody s**t you failed. The entire family will know of this by morn. Your head will be wanted on a platter for what you did. Attacking the woman was unnecessary."

"She saw me."

"Did she see your face?"

"No, ma'am. I wore a mask."

"Then you nitwit she didn't see you entirely. Running off with the paper was all you needed to do. It was our only time to be covert and you ruined it."

"..."

"Just...wait for your next instructions come nightfall."

"Yes ma'am."

Victoria hung up the phone and massaged her temples in frustration before taking off her attire,
                                      changing into a comfortable nightgown before collapsing on the all-too-big bed meant for two.

Romantic Gardener

13,125 Points
    • Buggin' 500
    • Harvest Hazard 500
    • Conventioneer 300
    User ImageUser Image
    𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸'𝚖 𝚏 𝚞 𝚛 𝚝 𝚑 𝚎 𝚜 𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏   ᶠ ᵃ ʳ ᵃ ʷ ᵃ ʸ 
    𝙵𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 🇨​​​​​🇱​​​​​🇴​​​​​🇸​​​​​🇪​​​​​🇷 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚜 《     ʳ ˢ     
    𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚟𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 d̸̪̺͓̀̈́ a̴̙͓̞̽̀̿ r̵̼͓̞͛̾͝ k̸̫̝͎̐̀̕  ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ᵉˢᶜᵃᵖᵉ
    𝕋𝕣𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕘𝕟𝕚𝕫𝕖 𝕞𝕪𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕗 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕀 𝕗𝕖𝕖𝕝 𝕀❜𝕧𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕣𝕖𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕖𝕕

𝕃𝕠𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 Bike Path Cafe ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕒𝕟𝕪 DENIAL Alone 𝕄𝕠𝕠𝕕 Daydreaming 
     𝕎𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 cold fingertips to know I still feel ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕪𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕥 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑖𝑒𝑟

User ImageUser Image
       Somewhere along the way towards town, Ozen found himself drifting--both physically and mentally. His haunting nightmares often didn't find themselves butting into his thoughtscape when he was still conscious, and yet, he began to worry. Invasive thoughts were commonplace with his particular chemical imbalance in his brain. The urge to lunge off a cliff just to see what it would feel like to fall onto the rocky shore below. The desire to bury himself in a desert full of sand just to experience the sensation of drowning in something that isn't water. The impulse to flip off everyone in his life and disappear into the obscurity of a small island supposedly haunted by former settlers. He rolled his eyes at the thought of spirits. If he knew anything, it was that descendants of colonizers feared the wrath of the ghosts whose lives were cut so painfully short by their ancestor's doing. After all, isn't that the gist of most "Native American Burial Site" horror twists?

Losing track.

He needed to focus on the issue at hand. His own impulses. Harming himself had always been a pertinent theme, but hurting others? It felt entirely foreign. Self-deprecation and isolation were the way to go, not going about destroying the lives of others. Even in his most harmful eras in his life like his marriage were remediated for the other involved party only so long after. Delilah was the one who left him, after all, and she ended up pregnant with someone else's child shortly after. The harm he caused her was minimal compared to the isolating harm he caused himself in the end...right? So, with everything considered, why was he dreaming consistently about murder and being murdered?

He almost dissociated completely for a moment, until a particular shadow crossed his head. He skirted a moment in surprise and the puddles of water beneath his tires. The unexpected drift underneath his feet caused him to be cast off his bike, almost landing headfirst. He caught himself quickly however with his hands. A quick intake of breath and wince in pain from the shark pebbles that make up the old road pierced his skin. he quickly got back up and looked up to see what could make such a large, abnormal shape. A bird? The object was too far away now to fully see, but just as the shadow appeared it had faded farther away. He shook his head and concentrated on the road ahead. His mental decline would have to wait till later. Right now, he needed caffeine. It was back onto his bike and into town he went.

---

The cozy cafe seemed to already have a guest in the shape of June. He gave her a quiet nod before tossing his usual change onto the counter and disappearing into the recesses of the cafe. He always ordered the same thing--one mug of green tea, one mug of matcha tea, and one to-go cup that could fill both liquids. The conflicting flavors were bitter and earthy and full of just enough caffeine to keep him going.

Tomorrow's book club was going to be about Mexican Gothic, written by an up-and-coming Latina-Canadian author. Her writing had definitely piqued his interest in her own attempts to reclaim a culture lost through generations of reeducation and colonial thinking, but the horror aspect was definitely something she unexpectedly exceeded at. The book had been off the shelved for weeks after it came out from how quickly it sold. Goes to show the silent minority of young Latine readers craved something Rainbow Powell or Sarah Maas couldn't provide.

He prepared several talking points, though he knew the conversation would easily be taken over by folks like Jalen and June, both of whom had loud opinions and loud ways of expressing them. Still, it helped to have talking points that could steer into something semi-intelligent. As his drinks came over to his table, Ozen quickly stirred the two solid teas into his abomination and focused on the work he has ahead, wincing again as the warmth of the drinks stung his scarred hands.

( 𝑂𝑢𝑡 𝑂𝑓 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠 n/a )

Romantic Gardener

13,125 Points
    • Buggin' 500
    • Harvest Hazard 500
    • Conventioneer 300
    User ImageUser Image
    User Image

•  Location Residential Block
         Company No One
         Mood  Content

Bu-dump.

Bu-dump.

Bu-dump.

A slow placed heartbeat echoed in Caeb's ears, keeping his undivided attention on the gentle rhythm with his keen senses. After a solid half-minute, the doctor turned his head to stare at the patient before him; a six year old halfling boy. Faded streams of tears were prominently displayed on his dusty face. Watery eyes focused on Caeb's own small, beady ones. With a non-human face, he couldn't necessarily smile in the same manner the child is used to; instead, he would have to tilt his head and fold the epidermis of his face's plant-based exterior into a w-shape, squinting his eyes as a sign of friendliness.

"It appears you're doing just fine, Viro. Your body accepted the antidote. Next time, though, don't antagonize a Zirothian," He teased the child, rubbing the child's head with his petal-soft tail. Viro nodded, still obviously upset and in pain. The child's mother cradled her small son into her arms before turning to the doctor.

"Thank you, Caeb. For everything," She spoke softly, her human smile shining brightly. Caeb simply nodded back at her before putting away his supplies.

"Anything for you and Donnyth," He packed his bag quickly, before looking at the clock. "However, I do have to go. Time to switch one job for another."

"Oh, right, of course! And how much do we owe you?" The mother asked, about to grab her card before Caeb could stop her.

"Please, it's no need, Sharaha. We're friends. It's what friends do," He interjected, seeing slight relief on her face only for sorrow to mask over her shortly after.

"You're too kind, Caeb...I'll make you some unch next time you and Donnyth work together!" Sharaha offered, making the plantoid smile.

"I'll take you up on that offer," He responded before making his way out the door. Closing it, a small exhale escaped his breathing holes. It was a close case for the kid. Had he appeared any later, Viro could have gone into a permanent vegetative state. The child was certainly hot-headed, much like his father. He grew up close to the two parents-correction, he grew up close to a lot of the fellow voyagers born and raised here. With so few kids on board you had to. Sharaha and Donnyth were the first to couple and the first to have a child. Being a biologically asexual creature himself, Caeb always saw the conception of sexual beings as exhaustive, but still, he remained happy for his two friends and their young family.

With Viro, however, Caeb's medical shift was over. Now, it was time to clock into his mechanical shift. A much less social job, being a mechanic surprisingly brought in more money to the table for him. Perhaps due to his more giving nature with fellow attendants, or perhaps because he was an expert mechanic in spite of his soft exterior. Dropping off his tools of trade at his small home only a block away from his last patient, and switched them out for another bag of different tools. Out the door and ready to go, Caeb made his way to the control room of the ship.

Romantic Gardener

13,125 Points
    • Buggin' 500
    • Harvest Hazard 500
    • Conventioneer 300
    User Image
    xxx Location: Campsite | Mood: Contemplative | Company: "The party" minus Toya xxx

User Image

W H E N x T H E x W O R L D x I S x N O x M O R E x

T H E x M O O N x I S x A L L x W E ' L L x S E E

I ' L L x A S K x Y O U x T O x F L Yx A W A Y x W I T H x M E

User ImageUser Image
                                                    ϟ xxxA silence emitted from the large group for a short time until finally Hanako made the decision to speak up, even if it was just to herself for a moment. "My soul," she whispered within his earshot, before looking up to him, her vibrant pink eyes twinkling from the bright night. "the rest of that phrase is 'my soul'." The strong conviction of her words sunk into Kain's mind, piecing it all together. It was then he began to recall a hazy dream--or perhaps it was reality he had long since forgotten.
                                                    User Image
                                                    Sweat dripped from Kain's face as though he had been drenched in the rain. However, the day was cloudless and bright. His hands appeared bruised and calloused from hard labor, something he was not used to from years of shoving his head into books to study and then years further shoving his head into journals to write the very studies a child will have to read in the future much like himself. Kain quietly escorted...someone to the back of his home, closing their eyes and guiding them. He couldn't remember the face, only the expression of curiosity.

"Open your eyes," He declared quietly, his voice at a gentle whisper that he used to be much more comfortable with. The person had obliged his request, opening their eyes to see Kain's hard work--a handmade greenhouse.

"I know...I'm difficult to understand...but I want to change that..." He placed the shadowy figures hand upon his chest where his heart beats. "I promise you my heart, even if you already have my soul..." the world began to slowly melt in his memory to go from the day to the night.

A genuine smile crept upon his lips, talking passionately to the same figure as they cuddle up on the couch next to the fireplace. His long strings of dialogue were about his travels and cultural studies, information about lands far away from their own. Beyond this one memory, Kain had never experienced anything similar to the physical affection he had towards the person in his arms, and yet it felt more natural than anything else. As the smaller person fell asleep, he cradled them gently and lifted them to bed, where he would kiss their forehead and whisper sweet words into their sleeping ears.
                                                    User Image

Kain's face began to glow a soft red, whether it was from the memories he recalled or the illumination from the campfire was left for those around him to contemplate themselves. Staring into the campfire, Kain's thoughts focused as Hanako continued.

"I remember that I lived in a woodland area with wetlands near it. There was a garden next to my home as well.. I also guess that I had learned sign language before coming here since I seem to be able to sign and read signs." Piece by piece, it all sounded like it could connect. Why he got into gardening, how she knew sign language, the timing of his purchase of a cabin for a home. Maybe they all did know each other, but ho could he forget someone that would be so important to him? Kain attempted to beat himself up for what he wanted to consider as his own negligence, but his efforts were quickly ended by a small diversion

"Salad is ready. It will take me longer for the boar but I'm working on it. I wanted everyone able to eat something as its going to take me time. Only one guy." Kain took this momentary distraction as a reason to get up and move towards Emory, giving a small smile and patting the younger man on his back before looking around for something they perhaps should have considered a bit ago--plates.

"Ah...plates..." He spoke softly to Emory, so as to not disturb the flow of the conversation. He wasn't even sure the man would have any, but Kain considered the black haired teenager as his only salvation. Kain hadn't noticed until no just how hungry he had been, but he remained a proper child, preparing to serve the women and those younger than himself first--so everyone.

"Now or before....just waking from a coma it doesn't feel different to me. The only change is I remember less than before we came here." As Emory quietly added to the conversation, Kain nodded in understanding. Kain always saw a little of himself in the young Emory, with both of them being very soft spoken but for different reasons.

"Everyone you all need to see this now!!!!" A familiar lovable loud mouth spoke up, turning Kain's attention to what needed to be seen. "Your not wrong Raven but you all need to see this now cause this is freaky but it clear shows each outline of the missing woman in the picture is clearly the gem dragons...... So we all do have a connections here but why can't we remember why Raven?"

"Bullshit."

Immediately, the the previously distracted Toya took the spotlight.

“It’s all crap…How can we actually know that the picture is even real? That’s it's not some trick from the so called “Demons” that supposedly run this world…or wherever we are? Besides…if this was true how come we don’t have any memories of them?” Kain bit his lip, deeply questioning if perhaps the demons had a plot in this, after all. It would be excessive, but would it ultimately be worth it for their plans? Recollections of the demon's plans to eat the girls came to mind. If the men lost memories of people they knew prior to this situation, then they wouldn't have the motivation to save random strangers that they obviously felt chemistry towards.

'Not to mention the voice...' Kain contemplated, remembering the benevolent voice of a female telling them precisely what to do to escape. Without that voice, they wouldn't have had the guidance they needed for this foreign hellscape.

“And besides why are even saving them? They seem more than capable of saving themselves?” Kain pursed his lips for a brief moment, agitated from the even more agitated Toya, before finally taking a look at the picture. In it, everyone seemed...so happy, it was almost strange. Kain barely recognized his own face with teeth showing in a smile. In his arms was a much smaller figure, and at the center of their shadowy physique...

"Rose quartz..." Kain whispered to himself, before looking at Hanako, remembering her mentioning she was the rose quartz dragon.

"...I trust them," He spoke up, turning to the fuming Toya. "Even if we didn't know them...I trust them, and we need to stick together. The more of us against these demons, the better...agh, stop making me step up and talk here, guys. I'm not the only one who sees this, right? Xion?" His voice went from serious and determined back to a lazier tone as he tried to give the floor away to Xion, a man he trusted to be tactful above the others if he was being honest with himself. While a part of him had become frustrated with how excessive he has used his voice, he felt the odd strength to speak.
                                                    xxx ϟ

U N T I L x T H E x S T A R S x A L L x F A L L x D O W N x x x

T H E Y x E M P T Y x F R O M x T H E x S K Y x x x x x x

B U T x I x D O N ' T x T O x M I N D x x x x x x x x x

I F x Y O U ' R E x W I T H x M E x T H E N x E V E R Y T H I N G ' S x A L R I G H T x x x x x x x x x x x x

User Image

OOC: N/A

quote folks here

Romantic Gardener

13,125 Points
    • Buggin' 500
    • Harvest Hazard 500
    • Conventioneer 300
    User ImageUser Image
    S T A N D I N G x I N x T H E x H A L L x O F x F A M E x

A N D x T H E x W O R L D ' S x G O N N A x K N O W x Y O U R x N A M E

C A U S E x Y O U x B U R N x W I T H x T H Ex B R I G H T E S T x F L A M E

A N D x T H E x W O R L D ' S x G O N N A x K N O W x Y O U R x N A M E

A N D x Y O U ' L L x B E x O N x T H E x W A L L S x O F X T H E x H A L L x O F x F A M E x

User Image

xxxLike clockwork, the slow morning began to pick up speed. Calls poured into Tim's desk far faster than even he could handle. With the assistance of John to delegate phone calls, things slowly became easier. No matter the influx, Tim managed to remain composed.

"Yes sir...no sir...I promise you sir that it will be safe...." Most of the calls came from fishermen and local bait shops, upset with the local push for shark conservation. Shark meat was an expensive delicacy that often brought in quite a bit of revenue, so for the Cousteau kid to say something against shark hunting was badly hurting the business. The young man exuded poise nonetheless throughout each phone call, especially as CORAL director Benjamin Jergen kept his eye on the office floor. Just as the situation seemed to calm down around lunch break, Timothy stretched and began to pull out a homemade meal from his mother when--

"Mr. Cousteau, a word in my office please." Quickly, the young man rose from his chair and adjusted himself before following the older man into his office. He remained standing as Jergens began to take several folders from his desk. It was eerily silent for a solid minute, save the paper shuffling, before finally Jergens spoke up.

"Tim, when I first hired you two years ago, I honestly tried my best to keep my expectations low. You are a Cousteau, but I didn't want that to cloud my basic judgement. I looked up to your grandfather and his children, so to hear that a Cousteau wanted to work in my lab...well..." A chuckled escaped the older man's lips. "It was like a fever dream. You've not only excelled in your work, you completely changed the town's perception of us. Us old folk, we just--we just don't get all that social media, and sometimes it feels like the world is leaving us behind. You helped not only make our name common enough for the younger folk to know, but you also made those younger folk inspired enough to pursue a future in conservation and biology."

Tim remained quiet at his boss spoke, feeling vaguely bashful at the compliments.

"You're not your grandpa, kid. You're Timothy Cousteau." With this, Jergens revealed Tim's employee observation records, showing none other than consistently good scores. "I know you're leaving us come the end of the summer for school. Nothing's going to change that. But with your record...I want to give you an opportunity not generally granted to high school graduates. I see the way you look at the marine biologists that come around...how would you feel like becoming one?"

Immediately, Tim beamed up in excitement. "Sir, this is the opportunity of lifetime." Jergens chuckled yet again, his low growl of a voice echoing in the office.

"Now, now. I want you to be working in the biological research and conservation department. The entire department will be yours alone for the summer. I'm sure you know what the job entail," Jergens lifted his brow, and with utmost poise, Tim began to answer.

"Yes sir. It is the department's job to collect and observe dna from local marine life and to determine the need for life conservation," He spoke eloquently with a smile on his face, bringing yet another laugh to his boss' voice.

"Very well. You will begin your duties tomorrow. Here's the key to your lab, now off you go eat," Jergens commanded as he placed a key into Tim's hand and gently shooing him out.

"Thank you so much, sir," Timothy departed, closing the door behind him. Looking around to make sure he's alone, Tim did a small dance in excitement on his way back to the desk. Grabbing his items and looking at his phone. One missed phone call from Maxwell Thompson and one voicemail, presumably from Max as well. With a huge grin on his face, Tim listened to his voicemail.

"You're being a butt. Anyway, tonight's party is going to be a hit. We got the Erickson girls coming. And they know how to have some fun. You better be fun tonight no stick in the mud old man personalities allowed around here. All party poopers get thrown in the pool. See ya!" Tim shook his head, still grinning as Max's words added more reassurance to a great day. The Erickson sisters definitely had their own reputations, all vastly different from each other. Nonetheless, if all three were to come, then perhaps the stars truly are aligning. Quickly, Tim grabbed his coat and hat from the rack and headed outside for lunch, ringing back Max.
                                                              xxx

OOC:n/a

Romantic Gardener

13,125 Points
    • Buggin' 500
    • Harvest Hazard 500
    • Conventioneer 300
    User ImageUser Image
    B E E N x T H E x N U M B E R x O N E x D I V A x I N x T H I S x G A M E x F O R x A x M I N U T E
    x x x I x K N O W x T H A T x Y O U x R E A D x T H E x P A P E R
    x x x x x x T H E x O N E x T H A T x T H E Y x C A L L x A x Q U E E N
    x x x x x x x x x E V E R Y x R A D I O x ' R O U N D x T H E x W O R L D x K N O W x M E x ' C A U S E x T H A T ' S x W H E R E x I x B E
    x x x x x x x x x x x x I ' M - A , x I ' M - A x A x D I V A x ( H E Y )
    x x x x x x x x x N A
    x x x x x x N A
    x x x N A
    D I V A x I S x A x F E M A L E x V E R S I O N x O F x A x H U S T L E R

User Image x ( k i t c h e n ) x User Image x ( k y l a n ) x User Image

xxxGiving a soft nudge to Andy as a playful 'thank you' for helping her pull out the seasonings from the cabinets, the singer quickly turned her face in the direction of Thomas and Kylan. Whether she had intended to or not, Beatriz first focused on Tom's face, only for her immature old flame of emotions to be swiftly shot down.

"...I.. I'm not really hungry, s-sorry, Bea." Thud. A strange emotion of sorrow filled her. She quickly brushed it off as her disappointment that food might go wasted--a bad pet peeve developed from years of living in poverty--but a part of her knew it perhaps had to do with another person in their company. Either way, Bea recovered from the little blow with eloquent grace.

"Don't worry about it, I can always pack leftovers in the fridge...I think," She giggled at the end, uncertain of whether they had containers for leftovers in the kitchen. Her mind attempted to distract itself with a new train of thought--plastic containers.

"I should go unpack, too." And with that, the man of high school Bea's dreams tucked himself out of the room, much like a shy artist after an open mic night performance. She couldn't help but smirk to herself in amazement. How was it that she harbored a crush on someone like him in high school when he was a polar opposite compared to her, their only similarities drawing at their creativity.

Just as he had left, however, softer voices echoed in the distant hallway, undoubtedly feminine. One of them was undeniably one belonging to her old best friend. The artist stiffened, still uncertain on how the next few minutes will play out.

"Er.. I see the girls have arrived..."

'Oh poor Andy,' Bea bit her lip, nodding her head in agreement to the obvious. She fondly remembered the relationship between him and Ember, but like everyone else she remembered the bitter breakup that followed. She never chose a side, and even if her own personal life choices would hint that she would have sided with Em, the fact remained that Bea never would have gone through a romantic relationship with someone who would prefer settling with a small town lifestyle, not wanting to break her own and someone else's heart when she would have ultimately left to pursue her dreams. She didn't need that kind of karma in her life.

"That is, I think I should go up and call Ben and Mi to let them know the food is ready." Bea waved at Andy as he quickly departed, wording 'GOOD LUCK' despite the fact that he couldn't see, too busy attempting to act incognito. And with that, it was simply Kylan and Bea. Being the gentleman that he was, Kylan took the opportunity to clear the air by coincidentally clearing his throat.

"Was it something I said?" Beatriz laughed whole-heartedly and without filter as Kylan simply shrugged and started to scavenge through the cabinets. "It smells fabulous, Bea."

"Aww, thank you. You flatter me," She proclaimed, the echoes of her laughter still voice. She had seen he managed to find something she had yet to--plates! How could she be so distracted as to forget about plates.

"Just the thing I think we’ll all need after the flights over here. Mine alone was almost thirteen hours, but… well. I hope it’ll be well worth it.” Bea's smile stayed strong, but she nodded in agreement. Going through her friends in her memories person by person, she knew it wouldn't be cheap for some of them. Heck, if she wasn't already touring here and had been able to stay in a hotel courtesy of the tour sponsors, she definitely would have had to pull out of her savings. Not to mention the need to call into work, close down shops, finding a babysitter on Kylan's part. Bea had it easy compared too her friends. Heck, she would have offered to pay for most of them if she didn't remember how independent they all acted. Besides, it wasn't her place. Not anymore, at least, since she went practically ghost on them for quite some time.

Bea was at least happy that her friends were still the same as always--to an extent. Kylan's positive vibes were great company for her, enough to distract her from the hallway echoes of a haunting burden that was hers and Roni's alone to bear. Bea stepped aside from the stove, admiring the plates as Kylan served himself.

"Is this what we’re going to be treated to over the next two weeks? Honestly, Bea, I think I’ll go home fat if it is. Though, I have to wonder what Vae will think of a soft Daddy," Kylan's humor never ceased to amuse the music artist as she began to laugh all over again.

"They say the dad belly is 'in'," she added with a hint of her own confusion. She didn't bother too much with romance articles, but for some reason they persist to shadow her e-mails and Snapchat until finally Bea gives in to read them.

"I would love to cook for you all, seriously, because cooking for myself all the time has been lame, but I think I'll leave it to the people who are being paid to stay here for now." The last thing Beatriz wanted to do was leave the chef hired to help the place go out of a salary for the next two weeks, and while she will be as courteous to them as possible, they are paid to cook.

Bea glanced at the plates again, momentarily contemplating serving herself before quickly shutting down the idea. After all, it's an informal rule that the chef always eats last. For now, she settled with searching through the fridge and grabbing a wine cooler. 'Viva le France' she amused herself, grabbing a few wine glasses and pouring one for herself, offering some to Kylan as he spoke.

"It's been since my wedding, hasn't it? Since we last saw each other I mean?" When he looked up, she nodded softly.

"Yep, never seen a man as dashing in a tux ever since," she teased, careful to not discuss the ex he had the misfortune of experiencing.

"I've heard about you in the news and all, but that really doesn't give a good sense of you. What have you been up to?" Oh my, what a loaded question. Before thinking about answering, Bea quickly drank a sip of the chilled Cabernet Sauvignon.

"Welp, outside of my career, nowadays everything you do, the media covers. Just last week, they made several articles about how I dared to wear clothes from a British fashion designer into the Paris airport as a symbol of 'rebellious thinking'. I just wore it because it was comfy, cozy, and courtesy of my mom who packed my bags," she joked at her own situation, sighing softly at the ludicrous acts of paparazzi press. "But genuinely, I've just been really busy with my career and community service endeavors. Let's see...I just finished my world tour last week, a new album is coming out next week, I'm currently working on a new one. I'm salty that Game of Thrones asked Ed Sheeran to show up on the season premiere instead of me, but aside from that it's all Gucci."

Bea didn't want to talk an earful off of Kylan, so she kept her life update brief. After all, she was an artist. She has to talk about herself all the time, and after so many morning shows and radio special interviews, it sounds like the same repeated rubbish. She took another small sip before giving a small shrug and smiling cheekily towards Kylan.

"But I actually want to hear about you. I want baby pictures, high school teacher stories, the hole nine yards of The Life of Kylan York," creating an invisible star wipe with an extended arm and a glass of wine, Be quickly turned her attention back from her joke to her friend. "Tell me about Nevaeh. I haven't seen her yet, but I've seen pictures and she's so cute."
                                                              xxx

User Image

Romantic Gardener

13,125 Points
    • Buggin' 500
    • Harvest Hazard 500
    • Conventioneer 300
    User ImageUser Image
                                          ˟ ˟  ᴀ ᴛʀᴜᴇ ʜᴇʀᴏ ʟᴏᴠᴇs ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛs ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ
                                          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                                           ᴀʟʟ ᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ   ᴀʟʟ ᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ   ᴀʟʟ ᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ   ᴀʟʟ ᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ   ᴀʟʟ ᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ
                                           ᴀʟʟ ᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ   ᴀʟʟ ᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ   ᴀʟʟ ᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ   ᴀʟʟ ᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ   ᴀʟʟ ᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ
                                          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                                              ɪᴛ's ʜᴜᴍᴀɴ ɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ  ˟ ˟
     User Image ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ● UA Stadium
     User Image ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ ● Civilians, "Evac Team"
     User Image sᴛᴀᴛᴜs  ● Uninjured, Concerned
    User Image

She wasn't supposed to be there that day.
                                                         The day of All Might's ultimate demise, she was supposed to be preparing for the coming semester's new curriculum. She was supposed to visit her mother in prison. She was supposed to be cooking yakisoba for her sisters. She was literally suppose to be anywhere but there that day, but when a friend calls, she answers. Evacuating civilians and stopping buildings from toppling over occupied locations, the request sounded simple. Whatever threat was throwing themselves at a group of heroes, surely All Might could have handled it on his own.
                                                         And then he didn't. The single snake she sent to keep an eye on the battle to make sure things wouldn't escalate to more occupied locations of the city watched in horror as Paradox took a fatal blow from All Might, shortly before he himself met his own demise. The unconditional love of a sister, the justified regret of a hero. It all read in her head like a fantasy novel. The sorrow never came for Kazue. She had to remain focused to make sure the civilians could escape the building she had focused her energy on before it collapsed on them all. She let the battle for vengeance be fought by those with the true emotions of loss pouring through their veins. She could almost smell their increased pulse a mile away, those heroes with adrenaline-filled minds. The sudden death of Paradox and All Might almost tipped them off a level of insanity, the hero license on their persons being the only thing truly differentiating them from villains or vigilantes at such times.
                                                         She herself had seen All Might as a friend and hero, and his loss was tremendous, but the Shinomiya blood running through her veins would not allow her to mourn. Instead she moved towards a new mission. Just like that, Kazue Shinomiya became the next teacher for the hero course at UA Academy. Politically, it would remind the people that there is a streak of hope in even the darkest of situations, via having a first generation villain-turned-hero family become a teacher for students possibly questioning their morals and goals. Academically, it would allow the students to understand the inner workings of the villains they will face every day. Personally, it gave Kazue a means of coping with the new change in society that is soon to come.

- Pʀᴇsᴇɴᴛ Dᴀʏ -

The funeral was one thing that did piss off the new teacher. All Might remained the pure focus for the entire event, completely ignoring the important details like Paradox's demise, how the public should handle the new threat of Legion, how being a hero comes with its risks and even the strongest of them all could meet their end any moment in a fight for justice. Kazue would prefer a discussion about how justice is defined in society over another speech on how great of a man All Might was. It's what he would have preferred, too.
                                                         She was almost going to be put on the list of people giving speeches until her actual speech was proofread and decided as too "off-tangent" (read as brutally honest) for anything outside of the classroom. That was fine, she decided. She'd just have to express the truth in the next generation of heroes she was looking forward to teaching tomorrow. Many of them she could identify throughout the crowd. They were all promising, albeit perhaps on the reckless side. With proper training, the new generation of heroes was bound to surpass the current generation, but the question remained on which would become the next All Might. Surely the idea had to of been in their little heads. With the best pro hero gone, somebody bust take up his throne. With this year's sports festival, the answer may become clear.
                                                         But for now she had to focus on the present. Black clothes as usual, stuffy high heels, and her snakes hidden in her hair if only to be less intrusive for those she sat next to--the fellow pro-heroes and teachers. She avoided unnecessary conversation, but kept an eye on each if only in mere observation. It was comforting knowing that there was a large amount of pro-heroes on the scene in case of any incidents, but the lack of general security was more than infuriating. There was no way some petty villains wouldn't see this as a prime opportunity to atta-
                                                         The suddenly intruding voice and ruckus proved her suspicions true. Instinctively, pro-hero Black Boa worked to save civilians and configure the situation. It didn't take long to realize the culprits, their motivation, and how they were attacking. This was something the pro-heroes and the few licensed students students could easily stop, but the civilians were caught in the middle as additional collateral. She pulled off her scarf and froze it in lengths as it allowed her to move above the ruckus, like a makeshift platform. If there was anything she learned from her predecessor Aizawa, it was that a good scarf makes a good improptu object on the battefield. Kazue made her way to the students, her number one priority and resource for extra hands.
                                                         "Students without hero licenses evacuate or assist in the evacuation process!" She commanded the few students left that didn't go off to fight or assist already. As villains poured into the stadium, she focused her efforts on preventing casualties and injuries. The press was going to have a field day as is about this entire ordeal for another week with just UA allowing such a petty crime group attack such a high profile event; preventing further injury to protect its namesake was key. Not to mention the underlying ethical ideal that each person deserves to live.
                                                         Attacking villains came easily. If they had a weapon at hand, freeze it with her sight, causing the villain to jerk back as a snake coils around their body and bites them, both paralyzing them and knocking the wind out of them. No student within her sight was going to get injured on her watch, regardless of how unrealistic of a goal she had in mind. The only issue at hand was getting people to listen to evacuation efforts without a speaker or somebody with an amplification qui-
                                                         “Do not trample each other! Use the designated exits! The heroes and UA students are here to help you!” Speak of the devil, Bassex was a useful person to have around for the time. She kept her eyes on the seats of the auditorium, assuring all citizens and students were on their way to the exits when the first floor suddenly collapsed. She quickly attempted to make use of her quirk, freezing what rubble she could spot from stomping over people as they attempted to escape. Freezing the rubble midair was going to require more focus than she liked as she still had to knock down several members of the Break Squad using the same methods. Their strength was in their numbers, not their brains. Luckily for her, she was good at dealing with numbers by using her own. Several snakes would lash out of her hair to mercilessly bite at those attacking that were unarmed. Sure, their venom was non-lethal, but it was still painful and caused horrendous paralysis that would last longer the more you get bitten. She made herself a prime target to distract the criminals from those evacuating, her cold red eyes calculating the moves of the petty enemies before her. Weapon at hand, they were frozen in place, weaponless and soon they would find themselves constricted by the terrifying sight of a black boa.
                                                         There was no time to relax over the situation, however, as her mind continued to analyze the situation. While there were more quirkless members of Break Squad than otherwise, there were still the heavy hitters unaccounted for. She kept her eyes peeled, stressfully assessing each possible candidate that came her way.

User Image Oᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ Cʀɪᴄᴋᴇᴛs: n/a User Image
                                                      Quote:

Romantic Gardener

13,125 Points
    • Buggin' 500
    • Harvest Hazard 500
    • Conventioneer 300
    User ImageUser Image
           This boar is a s t a r
    ˟   STOPLISTENREWIND
     come a little closer ↺  ✖   ↻ wherever you go 

User ImageUser Image
    User ImageWith Nobody in the kitchenUser Image
    User ImageFeeling Ecstatic in pinkUser Image

•    The crisp morning air kept getting colder and colder with each passing day. Soon enough, it'll become too cold for even Yumi to wake up with a bright expression. This morning, exhaustion was visible in her soft green eyes━likely due to the long night of dancing around singing Disney songs━and tangled messy hair from a long night of tossing and turning. With squinted eyes and an expressive yawn, the boar tiptoed out of her bed. The cold wooden floor was more than enough to cause Yumi's eyes to widen in surprise, making a small squeaking noise before putting on her slippers and glancing outside her window.

'It's barely dawn...'

Slowly, Yumi attempted to tuck herself back into bed, nuzzling her star-shaped pillow before closing her eyelids in an effort to get more rest. Frustratingly enough, however, her efforts were in vain. The sun only grew brighter and brighter, finally pushing the fatigued youth to accepting defeat and rising from her bed, stretching and yawning. Staring blankly at the pale pink wall before her, Yumi's mind finally awoke enough to realize that she had made plans for herself today━plans she had been attempting to accomplish for some time that she knows will get done today!

Jumping excitedly, Yumi made her way into her personal bathroom to prepare herself, only to grimace immediately at the sight of ombre tangled hair pointing wildly in each direction gravity could permit. A quick, warm bath could assist with her hair endeavors!

User Image

Two hours and three outfits later, the boar appeared decent enough, deciding on a lazy slip dress with cute pink overalls and thick, black tights to insulate herself. With a coat prepped for the cold air, Yumi made her way towards the main house with a slight skip in her step. After all, they were all focusing time and energy to hold a celebration for Susumu, the residential tiger who wasn't fond of being locked up in the cage that is a family unit in Yumi's eyes. She still wanted to show him that, regardless of his own actions, she still cared for him deeply.

Unfortunately caring deeply meant she wanted to take on one of the more difficult tasks of cleaning, which was the floors. Since the residence consists of━well━animals, it's no surprise that the floors often become the dirtiest part of each building and remain as such. Staring bleakly at the wooden planks stained by what looks like years of abuse and mishandling, even if it had been only a few days age when she attempted to clean it before. But Yumi no knows what needs to be done! Each endeavor has brought her slightly closer each time to a new answer on how to solve the predicament of permanently messy floorboards. Perhaps polishing it and fixing the root problem of people accidentally keeping on shoes in the house or going sock-less might help, even if it's by a slight margin.

For now, though, Yumi simply had to remain focused on the task at hand, which was simply cleaning the current mess that exists…after some food perhaps. The loud growl in the young girl’s stomach sounded almost like a boar itself screaming for food. Clenching her stomach with an expression of embarrassment, she ducked into the kitchen, feeling slightly upset no one appeared to have been in the process of making breakfast just yet. With a small sigh of defeat, Yumi began to un-peal one of the recently picked ripe kaki persimmon from a fruit basket in the fridge, biting into it while glancing at the floors with a thoughtful expression. The vaguely citrus flavor from the fruit allowing her to contemplate which scented polish should be used in the house to further add to the autumn environment.

User Image
        Out Of Chords: n/a

Romantic Gardener

13,125 Points
    • Buggin' 500
    • Harvest Hazard 500
    • Conventioneer 300
    User ImageUser Image
       🇹​​​​​🇪​​​​​🇪​​​​​🇳​​​​​🇦​​​​​🇬​​​​​🇪​​​​​🇷​​​​​🇸​​​​​ S C A R E​​​​ 🇹​​​​​🇭​​​​​🇪​​​​​ L I V I N G S H I T 🇴​​​​​🇺​​​​​🇹​​​​​ 🇴​​​​​🇫​​​​​ 🇲​​​​​🇪   
     🇹​​​​​🇭​​​​​🇪​​​​​🇾​​​​​ 🇨​​​​​🇴​​​​​🇺​​​​​🇱​​​​​🇩​​​​​ 🇨​​​​​🇦​​​​​🇷​​​​​🇪​​​​​ ˡᵉˢˢ​​​​​ 🇦​​​​​🇸​​​​​ 🇱​​​​​🇴​​​​​🇳​​​​​🇬​​​​​ 🇦​​​​​🇸​​​​​ 🇸​​​​​🇴​​​​​🇲​​​​​🇪​​​​​🇴​​​​​🇳​​​​​🇪​​​​​'🇱​​​​​🇱​​​​​ ᵇˡᵉᵉᵈ  
    ( 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬​​​​​ ) ✖​​​​​ ( 𝑆𝑇𝑅𝐼𝐾𝐸 𝐴 𝑉𝐼𝑂𝐿𝐸𝑁𝑇 𝑃𝑂𝑆𝐸 )
    ˟ ˟ ˟   🇲​​​​​🇦​​​​​🇾​​​​​🇧​​​​​🇪​​​​​ 🇹​​​​​🇭​​​​​🇪​​​​​🇾​​​​​'🇱​​​​​🇱​​​​​ 🇱​​​​​🇪​​​​​🇦​​​​​🇻​​​​​🇪​​​​​ 🇾​​​​​🇴​​​​​🇺​​​​​ 🇦​​​​​🇱​​​​​🇴​​​​​🇳​​​​​🇪​​​​​ 🇧​​​​​🇺​​​​​🇹​​​​​ 🇳​​​​​🇴​​​​​🇹​​​​​ 🇲​​​​​🇪   ​​​​​˟ ˟ ˟

User Image 𝕃𝕠𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 Greenhouse ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕒𝕟𝕪 Lumi 𝕄𝕠𝕠𝕕 Playful Binch Mode User Image
    User Image 𝕎𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 Uniform  ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕪𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕥 𝐼 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑑 𝑝𝑒𝑜𝑝𝑙𝑒 User Image
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────
     𝕃𝕠𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 Entrance Garbage Can ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕒𝕟𝕪 Jonathan 𝕄𝕠𝕠𝕕 This Gif 
     𝕎𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 Dumb Uniform (Abridged) ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕪𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕥 Bunny or Bear? 

User ImageUser Image
       Should a different outcome have been expected? Likely not. Does that change the fact that Akira still felt surprised that they were so easily grabbed and yeeted into a trash bin? Eh. Their small tanuki body was thrown with such force, the rotating garbage lid span several times before they were plopped below into the trash where they belong. It smelled of banana peels and cigarette butts, some of the worst smells imaginable. Adding salt to the wounds were Jon's harsh words of boredom. Maybe they have become too predictable for traditional means.

Banana peel on head, Akira jumped out of the bin and transformed back to their human form, watching Jon calmly dismiss them. He was acting too cool. And it was pissing them off. The cigarette butt Jon threw on the ground was still where he left it. 'b*****d. Even I don't litter,' Akira picked it up, about to throw it away before creativity struck them where they stood. It was similar to moves in the past, but maybe with a little tweaking...

"What? Weren't raised to pick up after yourself?" Akira asked as they threw the cigarette butt, watching it transform midair into an all-too familiar boulder. It was one of the few illusions they had mastered. It was also one of the illusions Jon had already seen multiple times. Every time, Akira would be right behind the boulder, ready to punch him in the face. But...what if...they did something else?

Grabbing the banana peel off their head, they threw it and transformed it into a clone. Once tossed, they moved to mimic their clone. There was a solid 1/3 chance they could either nail a hit, get banana peel on Mr. Mightier Than Thou, or not think things through. After all, they were good at math, not thinking about math.

User Image

If there was one thing Yumi was good at, it was disappearing. Not only as an ability as a necromancer, but socially. Most teachers don't really notice if she sneaks out. It's why she was able to sneak off campus so easily on the very first day of school and stay the night at the local cemetery. It's why no one asked questions like where she was last night or where she got the skull in her hands during class today. One of the perks of being a socially awkward necromancer is, like death, you don't exist if they don't acknowledge you.

After classes today, there was nothing Yumi looked forward to most than being reunited with the campus plants. While she preferred acquainting herself with the plants across campus, the ones in the greenhouse were just as friendly. She placed the skull she mysteriously acquired last night down beside the hydrangea starts and surveyed the seeds Adra had bought for them to work with this year.

With the sound of footsteps approaching, Yumi disappeared, watching Yumi walk in and through her to talk to the plants. A small smile crept up on the girl. The girl, one year her senior, had a touch with plants reminiscent with the one she had with death. She could communicate with ease to the small sunflowers and snake plants, and just like that, they looked more alive. She observed for a short while before she turned her attention back to the skull Lumi hadn't paid attention to. She lifted it, so as to make it appear as though it were floating in air, and quietly moved right behind her senpai.

"Anno, miss. I don't want to alarm you, but you must know! There's...a skeleton in your body!" The skull moved as though to talk, screaming in laughter after the terrible joke Yumi came up with.

( 𝑂𝑢𝑡 𝑂𝑓𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑒𝑟 n/a )

Romantic Gardener

13,125 Points
    • Buggin' 500
    • Harvest Hazard 500
    • Conventioneer 300
      •    The demeanor of the girl before him shifted from confusion to absolute fear as she stared down the barrel of his flintlock. "I'm not a witch or a demon. I'm human," She defended herself with wavering words. She looked like she was on the verge of tears based on how shook up she was, internally he felt bad for her. Nonetheless, he's the captain of this ship and a foreign entity with unknown origins and intentions has invaded their little place they call home. Colson contemplated that perhaps she stowed away on their last stop on the Chinese coast in Zhanjiang, but the small fisherman port had no clothing like the one she had on. The possibility of her being a Chinese nobleman's daughter could be on the table━she did appear to have some Asian blood in her, and mixed noble children were known for being rebellious. Even so, it was still a stretch in his mind. Just as he was about to ask, the young girl came up with an explanation of her own.

"I have no weapons on me. I kind of fallen onto your ship.. I did not mean to ruin your apples! That was accident." Her tone resembled that of Motya's when he catches the boy slipping up. As she reached into her pocket, he kept his single eye focused more on her body language than her actions. Under pressure, anyone will reveal their true selves. For Colson, pressure is pointing a gun at the head of a stranger━and luckily this time it seems to be a poor girl at the fate of whatever magic brought her here. "H-Here. This should cover the apples.. At least I think.."

Looking at the paper in Bramble's direction, he notice several key notes. First of all, it was written in what seemed to be a variation of the Japanese letter system. Second, an Asian man had his portrait attached to it. Third of all, it was easily destroyed by Elias, so it couldn't be a curse. Just as he was making out numbers on the paper, Motya got in line of the gun."Ah, um, monsiur Colson perhaps ahm," Now, the cool and calm appearance of a pirate willing to kill an intruder was flustered with one of caution. "Motya!" He shouted, less out of anger and more out of concern and shock. He's gonna have to teach this boy about gun safety. For now, Colson moved his barrel to the open sea. "we do not have to hurt her, yes? See she is offering...apology paper."

"Er, I think maybe I'm with Motya, here. She looks very strange, but I don't think I feel threatened, and maybe shooting her without figuring out why she's here is not a great idea. Y'know, despite the apples." Bramble inserted himself into the fray. Not that spilling blood in front of either of these two crewmen was something Colson would actually do, their concerns, he knew, would add confusion to whatever makeshift interrogation was going on

"She is but a human... not inherently magic...I have had enough of cursed necklaces. Do avoid getting yourself shot." Adra added his two cents before leaving the hectic activities of what was supposed to be a normal day. The mention of cursed necklaces made Colson turn his attention to the Amulet with the girl. While he doesn't have the magically perceptive skills of a demon or Elias, the very fact alone that it seemed of this era when this girl was not, and that it had been broken in half, left the captain intrigued. Perhaps he did not have to explore the Japanese isles to find treasures that hold immense power. Perhaps it was already here. Nonetheless, he turned his attention to the young men and turned his demeanor back to its normal relaxed form. What little of an interrogation he had done was over now, and he knew it. He's gonna need Vira's help to extract any more information.

"Tout d'abord, tu ne vous mettez jamais dans la ligne d'une arme à feu," First of all, you should never get in the line of a gun He lectured Motya directly, the tone of a concerned parental figure just finding out their kid went swimming unsupervised. Now, holstering his gun entirely, he turned to both men and sighed. With more of a whisper, he spoke to them. "I'm not going to shoot her. I needed to make sure she wasn't a danger to the crew. I'm not upset. I'm just a little disappointed you guys didn't get a grasp on the situation. Don't worry, I'll handle this. You can go back to your posts if you like."

He hated using the 'not upset, just disappointed' term, but his crew's feelings matter to him, and he always wants to make sure they know he doesn't hate their guts. Now, he looked back at the girl, who was clearly still shaken up. Whatever powers the amulet holds, it probably wouldn't be safe to keep it in the hands of a stranger. "Elias, what do you think?" He asked the young man, pointing particularly towards the amulet, not expecting many words as an answer. Likely a shrug or a nod was to be expected, but a second opinion. If Hira was on the scene, it's likely he'd have more of an understanding. As for now, he just hoped Vira would hear the commotion and help him figure out what to do about their stowaway problem.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

LOCATION ☽ ☾ Main Deck
        COMPANY ☽ ☾ Bramble, Adra, Motya, Elias, & ???
        MOOD ☽ ☾ Captain dad hates to lecture

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas