Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
casual  |  semi - lit  |  literate  |  adv. lit  |  one-on-one & discord  |  guilds & off-site  |  link out

click an anchor link above

HOWlTHISlWORKS

User Image
              What you're looking at is a collection of on-going role-plays submitted by other role-players that are in need of members. These role-plays are listed with concise snippets of their plot, organised by “literacy level,” and labelled by length. This thread is updated on a weekly basis to clean out any role-plays that have been inactive (both ic, and ooc) for two or so weeks and the coloured circles used to indicate how far the role-play has gotten is also updated at this time.

xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx
needs members to start x|x one to three pages x|x four or more pages x|x more than 10 pages x|x exclusively on discord
red xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx deepskyblue xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xx lime xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx limexxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xx mediumpurple

DETERMININGlLITERARCYlLEVEL

User Image
              Not sure what 'Casual', 'Semi-Lit', 'Literate', and 'Advanced Literate' mean? Not sure what category your role-play fits in? Fret not. Below I have outlined the definitions of each according to the Roleplaying Guidelines Sticky Thread on the top of this forum.

Casual
              ----
              Listed in the sticky as "Non-Literate", Casual role-plays tend to be fast-moving with very short posts and occasionally use asterisks (*) to declare actions.

Semi-Literate
              ----
              Actions and thoughts are written out in posts with complete sentences and decent grammar. Players typically don't write out more than a few sentences as grammar is the main focus. Because of the short-nature of these posts, semi-lit role-plays tend to be quick moving.

Literate
              ----
              Majority of the role-plays in Barton Town. Here grammar standards are higher and posts tend to be one to three paragraphs in length. Literate role-plays have a good sense of character and plot. Overall this equates to a decent-paced, yet challenging, role-play. It is also implied that role-players at this level already know basic etiquette and standards applied to the role-playing community.

Advanced Literate
              ----
              The more serious vein of role-playing, grammar must be near-perfect and posts tend to be three to four paragraphs in length -- or however long the thread moderator asks for. The aim of Advanced Literate role-plays is to build compelling plots, believable and interesting characters, and to be able to describe everything in fluent detail. These role-plays tend to get bogged down with flourish resulting in a rather slow-paced advancement through the storyline.

lSUBMITTINGlAlROLE–PLAY

User Image
              There is a proper process to having your role-play listed on the front page of this thread. All you have to do is fill out the form below and post it in the thread. That's it! Remember to follow the specifications listed in the form or else your advertisement may be edited to fit onto the front page.
User Image
    • [size=24][color=see chart]•/○[/color][/size] [size=17][url=link to your role-play here]Name of Role-play or a banner no taller than 100px[/url][/size][list][list][list][size=11][b]OP:[/b] RP Creator
      [b]Genre:[/b] The Genre of your RP. Think Movie/Book Genres ([i]Casual, Semi-lit, Lit, Lit+/Adv. Lit[/i])
      [b]Description:[/b] Please provide a BRIEF (200 words max.) description of your RP. Hook your audience.
      [b]Notes:[/b] Anything else?
      [/size][/list][/list][/list]

EXTRAS

User Image
                Tips for gaining members:
              • Don't just advertise in one place.
              • Keep an active OOC thread.
              • Don't wait until all the slots are taken. If there's enough to get the role-play started, new IC posts can help generate interest in the role-play as well.
              • Decorated layouts are great for drawing attention, but remember to keep your thread organised and legible.
              • Navigation should be easy to find and within the first two posts.
              • If your role-play's story exceeds a few paragraphs, place a short teaser in the first post to lure RPers in.

User Image
    If you like this thread, give it a bump! If you like this thread a lot, we have TWO banners.

User Image
    [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.97762339/][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/xB8RlGg.gif[/IMG][/url]

User Image
    [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.97762339/][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/stPmA6D.png[/IMG][/url]

Last cleaned up: February 5th, 2024

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx CASUAL
User Image

User Image tab Dark Maliced Haven
                    OP: Lady Lai
                    Genre: Casual, Semi-lit | Walk-in
                    Description: A constantly evolving island with magical powers that never cease to stop growing. Lots of wear and tear has seen this island, the Manor and it's Changling Mistress. It's a Safe Haven or even a place to come out and wreck IF something massively wrong hasn't happened to the beings trapped inside. Many people travel to this island through a portal, ship or other happenstance.
                    Notes: Evolving Story arcs, all are welcome! This Haven has been around for a while and has steady people, just trying to appeal to more. Thank you!

█████████████████████████████████████████████

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx UNSPECIFIED
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx SEMI–LITERATE
User Image

⊰ Ascension of the Seasons ⊱
                    OP: Larimar_Panda
                    Genre: Fantasy/Adventure (Semi-lit)
                    Description: The Spring Sovereign is dying. With death imminent, it was time for another Ascension to take place. Eyes full of hope or malice are looking for the crown. A war is coming and the Heir of the Seasons have arrived. Can you protect them? Will you protect them?
                    Notes: A fantasy roleplay that wants you to bring your imagination to each arc! An active discord and great group of roleplayers. We need 2 guardians atm.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx LITERATE
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ADVANCEDlLITERATE
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx DISCORD
User Image

🌠 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐑
                    OP: titty mcnipples
                    Genre: original character chatplay (casual - lazy literate)
                    Description: 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐑 primarily operates like an online chat. time passes as close to real time as possible because the passing of time is crucial for development. everything changes day by day and interactions are affected by ripples and consequences. the muses you bring in have the chance to constantly develop without being stuck in a RP purgatory loop. you'll be using your own worlds and timelines. being caught forever in a starter that takes 3 months of real time to complete is a thing of the past.
                    Notes: if you're familiar with oc or x-over chats, you'll fit in nicely!

User Image
                    OP: Kikiro16
                    Genre: All Genres (Casual to Lit+/Adv. Lit)
                    Description: Infinitum is discord for your original characters as well as an RP community for all experience levels. Build characters, worlds, and original lore, all contained within the "app" Infinitum. Characters of all genres and backgrounds can interact in real time in the public channels or even visit another character's world beyond theirs. Events, background lore, and more can be found here.
                    Notes: This server is 18+ only. Please read the START HERE channel for a full overview of the ins and outs. Questions or comments, feel free to pm me here on Gaia or ask in the WELCOME CHAT in the server.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒 𝐖𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐃
                    OP: sleepy_spud
                    Genre: zombie / post apocalyptic (Lit/Lazy-Lit)
                    Description:It has been 10 years since the initial discovery and creation of patient group zero. The United States dissolved into chaos within the first year. With more and more of the country turning into zombie shells of their former selves. Even the president himself was not immune. From that chaos, rose a group of survivors. They called themselves The Patriots. A reminder of the country that was and the hope for rebuilding. Less than a year later, another group rose to challenge them, The Syndicate. A group of bandits with no hope or light, simply the need for survival and to make sure that they always had the best goods for killing what wanted their bodies for food. The people amongst these two groups were either immune or those who never had the chance to get the miracle cure in the first place.

Other small communities have popped up across the united states. Branches that claim to be associated with either the Patriots or the Syndicate, or even communities that beat no affiliation at all. All these groups arose with the same purpose. A need for order and direction. The differences between them are what set them apart. Who keeps the order, why the order is needed, etc.
                    Notes: Have any questions feel free to join and ask <3

Honua, Jewel of the East
                    OP: Riddle Juliano/The Chronicler#5869
                    Genre: Medieval Fantasy/Action/Adventure (Semi-Lit to Lit)

Description: The cosmopolitan hub of the free east, Honua's rich history dates back over two thousand years to the dawn of the Second Era. Founded by the seafaring vahi people to serve as a trade outpost with the continent, the powerful merchant guilds and commodity barons who run Honua value commerce and common enterprise over petty racial squabbles and shifting political loyalties. Currently, the city serves as the Bond of the Rising Sun's defacto capital.

But not all is peaceful across the land. Since time immemorial, omnipotent avatars shaped the land and its people, guiding them through turbulent times. But after the defeat of the primeval ice dragon Glacia, the avatars decided their time had passed. They ascended to Mount Everor, to watch us from on high. And so began the Age of Mortals.

Now, with tensions rising across Atheros, the apolitical stability of the Jewel of the East is more important than ever. Adventurers, emissaries, and freeblades alike swarm Honua, eager to tap into the metropolis' thrumming pulse and deep well of opportunity.

Notes: Hey everyone on Gaia! Long time no see. Finished college and I have the summer off, so I'm looking to stuff it with as much roleplay as I can before I start work in the fall.

I'm running a D&D game over Discord these days. Lots of afk jobs, quests, and other roleplay stuff you can do. A couple bots handle a lot of the damage calculations, coins, and inventory tracking and so forth.

It's just been me and some of my regular players so far, but now that I worked out the kinks, I want to open it to the public. So, welcome all of my Gaia people!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ONEllONllONES
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx GUILDSTHREE WEEKS
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx OFF-SITE
User Image

User Image
                    OP: A Team of Mods have been running it for over a decade!
                    Genre: Harry Potter. All literacies and roleplay sizes depending on your preferences (generally small threads with 2-4 people at a time).
                    Description: Sick of roleplays that die before the first five pages? Sick of a thread ending before the main plot even hits? Virtual Hogwarts (VH) has the solution for you! Here you make an account as your character where you keep your character for the long run and move them around from thread to thread! Perfect for anyone who likes group roleplays or intimate 1x1's. With functional shops, dueling systems, Quidditch teams you can tryout for, and clubs/classes; you can level your character throughout the years and build a rewarding storyline for them where you really watch them develop and grow as a person. This is a true long term solution to fulfill your roleplaying cravings! Head on over and give it a try. I guarantee you'll love it!
                    Notes:
                    ▶ Sorting is currently open! The new class of EA4 (current year: 2001) will begin on June 13th where you find out what house you're in. Make sure to get your SORTING FORM in by June 11th!
                    ▶ While you're waiting to find out what house your character is and ship them off to school: Feel free to buy school supplies in Diagon Alley, meet your first set of friends on the train, and join some of the community events at Gambol Community Centre!
                    ▶ Join the VH Discord located HERE! Feel free to @Solomon Tawnee. I'm more than happy to give you a warm welcome, point you in the right directions for plots, and send you to the smaller year discords (with the students sorting for your specific year). Consider me your VH mentor and let's get you going!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx LINKSlOUT
User Image

User Image
                    OP: Arrinae_Maeya_Tsuki
                    Description: Just some tips and advice on How to create a role play. Includes: Choosing your rules, formats (both thread and post), Combat systems, Powers and Abilities, Whitelists and Blacklists, plot creation, OOC/Recruitment threads, Profile threads, and much much more!
                    Notes: If you have a role play search thread or a format shop you'd like to advertise simply post a banner, link included and I will add it to the list!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                    Created by: THE Grapey Mango
                    Description: A very helpful thread to role-playing. I suggest a thorough read. The owner no longer signs on so it won't be updated, but some advice never gets out-dated.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx PREVIOUSlPOLLS
User Image
              User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

User Image

For those of you who are seeing this and are thinking "Wow, this looks familiar"
Yes. I really did just copy it all from my old topic here.

On that note, this thread is officially open for business.
classified_bapecow

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces