Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Hello! I thought it would be helpful to have a place for people to submit their queries in advance for the next Ask the Staff event. Feel free to post your questions here, questions answered will go in OP of the next event. For those of you who's questions did not get answered, you may post your question here.

Please be sure to follow the Rules and Guidelines posted below. These apply not only to this thread by all Ask the Staff events!

Thread will close on 8/11/2015 at 9:00am PDT!!
Ask the Staff Rules & Guidelines

1. Please keep your posts constructive.
    Posts that are overly abusive towards management, staff or other members of the community will be deleted without warning. Gaian's who are overly negative in Ask the Staff may be permanently removed from participation in this and future events.

2. One question per post.
    Please only ask one question in your post. Asking more than one question in your post may result in your post getting skipped for not following this.

3. Repeat posts will be deleted.
    Please only post your question once. Repeated posting of the same question may result in the additional posts being deleted. This is to help keep the noise in the thread down and allow questions by others to be seen.

4. Do not post support issues.
    Do not post issues regarding account bans, billing issues, warnings, and other support issues. Instead, please file a ticket about them at our Help Center. Questions about support issues may result in your post getting skipped.

5. Not all questions will be answered.
    This may occur because at present- they do not have an answer, it was already answered, because it was missed, or because the proper format was not followed in posting the question.

6. The thread may get locked periodically.
    Should the thread posts grow faster than we can handle, we may temporarily lock the thread while we catch up. We will post if the lock is because of us catching up, or due to the event being over.
Questions should follow the following format...

[b]Question Category[/b]

Question

The categories are:

• Art
  • Items
  • Features
  • Games
  • Shops
  • events
  • manga

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
ADVERTISEMENT

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

See all of the answers Gaia Staff have given in Ask the Staff!
Sorted by date and by subject!

WitchyKit's Fangirl

Insane Villain

62,025 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Gazing into the Abyss 500
  • Abomination 100
Features- Alchemy
Currently, the following components are very very very rarely available through the daily chance and fish drop [lite]:
User Image Angel's Sweat
User Image Ashes
User Image Burnt Filament
User Image Chalk
User Image Chiffon
User Image Cutin
User Image Demon's Sweat
User Image Eggshell
User Image Fabric Swatches
User Image Gum Rubber
User Image Harmless Spores
User Image Irradiated Stone
User Image Magnetic Chip
User Image Microchip
User Image Shy Duck
User Image Superduperglue
User Image Toggle
User Image Weak Acid

Given some of these have formulas calling for upwards of 5 and 25 of them is there any way to bump up their availability? I've got a few thoughts on possible ways depending on what's easiest.

1) When originally introduced the drops for lite fish were teased to give exclusive alchemy components. Perhaps those drops could be re-coded to only drop the above components as opposed to the random assortment of daily chance items?

2) Their own Philosopher's Cache. Introducing Philosopher's Cache: Opal, could have around a 5% drop rate to keep some rarity to the components. If going this route maybe pull percentages away from the Aquamarine and zOMG caches...

3) Seeing as Lake Kindred drops components that are in the standard caches, why not include these components into the drop table.

4) Make them craftable, either by GoFusion (5-10 heart charms per component) or via alchemy formula (Like what was done with Leathery Egg).

5) I know the item list is getting crowded, but given Shy Duck is in Ye Olde Trunk, would it be feasible to include the other components listed above.

6) Sell them directly in The Bifrost. 10-20k per component seems to fit with the other components for sale there.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
Geminai The Baby Paw
Did ATS seriously get cancelled again? If so the pre-event thread from last week should just have been extended for the next week...

They could still start it any time in the next few to several minutes.

Lord DoomRater's Darling

Light Dragoon

40,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dragon's Path 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Platonix
Geminai The Baby Paw
Did ATS seriously get cancelled again? If so the pre-event thread from last week should just have been extended for the next week...

They could still start it any time in the next few to several minutes.
They have me a bit worried here, because normally ATS threads have a timestamp of being set up around quarter of, not quarter past...
Also, there is no reason to post up the pre-event thread for next week this exact moment when ATS hasn't happened yet for this week gonk

But yeah... I'm still hopeful we see it tonight. Have a bit of a burning question that I really want to put out there (affects multiple users) before filing a ticket, because there may actually be no circumstance/problem to file a ticket for. Just need something cleared up from earlier today sad

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
Geminai The Baby Paw
Also, there is no reason to post up the pre-event thread for next week this exact moment when ATS hasn't happened yet for this week gonk

I had this explained to me a few weeks ago...Ask the Staff is the last thing they do before going home for the night. Putting up the Pre-event thread for next week before AtS, instead of after, ensures that they actually remember to do so. xd

Lord DoomRater's Darling

Light Dragoon

40,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dragon's Path 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Platonix
Geminai The Baby Paw

I had this explained to me a few weeks ago...Ask the Staff is the last thing they do before going home for the night. Putting up the Pre-event thread for next week before AtS, instead of after, ensures that they actually remember to do so. xd
Oh PHEW. Thank you for that.

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

Items / Tags
there's items that belongs to 'demure' list that are missing the proper tag, can be possible to add the tag to them? is hard to find the demure list without all of them heart heart heart

links to items added! 4laugh

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

heart heart

amayajane's Husband

OG Husband

8,300 Points
  • Married 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
I think i stand for all of us when i say this: Why did the marketplace get inflated so much

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff