Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wind-up Waffles

Faithofthefallen
Yes thats what it is! My boyfriend is an extrovert but he just likes to relax and unwind after work, he's irritated by the situation but it has definitely affected me to a much higher degree, partially because our roommate is my friend of more than 10 years so he's known me twice as long and feels very comfortable bouncing ideas off me. At parties we would always sit and talk and I liked it because I like weird detailed conversations, so I would be more than happy to talk to him, just not for two hours and not when I'm drained. But he is very thrown off by how much quieter I am at home. He was expecting that level of conversation and when it ended up not being that way, he has resorted to trying to force me instead of adjusting. He literally has said he plans to just keep throwing conversation topics at me until I 'bite' and start responding to him. I basically just want to be able to say "I'd love to talk later but right now i just need a couple hours to myself." and have him respect that, and when I'm done talking, I'd love to be able to tap out before I start feeling like screaming. I get that its mentally unhealthy for him to feel isolated when he need to talk to feel grounded, but we are his only social contacts for the most part right now so its a big load to place on our shoulders. I'd love to help him find a day job so he could spread it out more, but even then he only talks with people he feels really comfortable with and I'm one of the only people he has known long enough to be at that point with. I feel for him, I do, and I do try to meet him halfway. I talk to him way longer and way more often than I usually talk when I'm at home, but I need to be able to say, okay, this is all I have to give right now, let me recharge and we'll pick this back up later xD. Sounds so silly to be freaking out so much over talking. Thank you for the ideas, I'm definitely going to be trying some of these!

Ah, yes I see. He needs to understand that at home you are much more quiet than the times you went out together. Maybe you want to do just that: go out together, to a cafe or something. Then you have the perspective difference between the two places. Right now he's out of his element and does not understand the boundaries, as well as feeling rather lost. I also agree that approaching him as a united front is best, as long as it doesn't seem like a confrontation, I suppose? I wish all three of you the best. This can turn out just fine or strengthen your bonds, if you all communicate about your situation, needs, etc. (not just random fun topics) back and forth.

Tara de Draiocht
Melomar
*needs to actually set up plot thread*
Is it customary to quote/link people, who were interesting in plots/breeding/etc, to a new plot thread?

Personally, I would do it because it lets those know what you plan to do or just basically gives them a heads up. 3nodding

That sounds like simple common sense when you put it that way! And that's what I will do. Thank you. :3

The Sarkka x Terrin baskets are gorgeous!

And the Love of Nox contest is tempting.

@Kara Asumie: Congratulations!

Shy Regular

*pokes her head in*

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
Dea and #Teddy#
*pokes her head in*
*hugs the dea* sup girl

Summer Raaven's Husband

Ice-Cold Codger

heart heart heart heart

Shy Regular

Ryghann
Dea and #Teddy#
*pokes her head in*
*hugs the dea* sup girl

*hugs back* Doing alright here, how are you?

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
Dea and #Teddy#
still icky......but slowly getting better methinks.
*i looooove your wolf* reminds me i need to hang out there more...

just looking forward to my upcoming 4 day weekend

Shy Regular

Ryghann
Dea and #Teddy#
still icky......but slowly getting better methinks.
*i looooove your wolf* reminds me i need to hang out there more...

just looking forward to my upcoming 4 day weekend

Well, good to hear you are getting better.

And thanks smile
*Lurks* cat_ninja

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
Ryuu's Cert Drops
For corrections, please feel free to PM me, or post again in the relevant certing thread.
General Cert Request Thread | Free Familiar Certing Thread
Amirynth (Soquili Only) | Kara Asumie

General Certing Thread

User Image User Image

Free Familiar Certing Thread

User Image

Troll's Certing Thread

User Image User Image

User Image

Kara's Certing Thread

User Image User Image

User Image

And LOLLY and Vis!

User Image User Image

User Image User Image

Quote:

Ryuu's Drops
Click certs for uncerts!

To request certs and corrections, visit my certing thread!
Note that all files in the Original folder will be periodically wiped;
if you direct-link, please use the URLs from this drop. Thank you!

- --- ---------- ---- -

Prehistoric Event

User Image

Baby Bump Thread

User Image

Custom

User Image User Image

June 2016 Customs

User Image User Image

User Image User Image

Akai104's Wife

IRL Shoujo

14,250 Points
  • Party Machine 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
mini customs!! emotion_kirakira heart

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
mindsend
Mindsend signing in!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

MINDSEND`S MINI MINIONS: Mini only July Customs is officially open!

Soq Certing Thread | Soq Plots | Soq Singles
My Flock Plots | Plot Resources

Mindsend signing out~

Just to make absolutely sure. I am off my custom cooldown in July (won twins from you in March)?

Amirynth's Prince

Familiar Shapeshifter

Lunarflowermaiden

Just to make absolutely sure. I am off my custom cooldown in July (won twins from you in March)?

I think you'd be off in Aug. I don't think March is counted in the cooldown. There should be a list somewhere to look it up. *goes to find it*

Dangerous Demigod

-Waits for the answer for Lunar since it will count for Wyv too- OoO

Anxious Goat

-curls up in the thread-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items