Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Uhhm, well i'm not an economist or know very much at all about the economy
but the idea came to me

what if gaia implemented a feature where you get a notice saying that you have been undercut (from selling an item in the MP)
I think it would cause a lot of people to be more aware of the lowest price of something, and therefore they would try to sell their items for cheaper?

but I also know a lot of people would not like this idea.

just a thought. so sorry if i'm in the wrong forum > ,<

Familiar Shapeshifter

17,125 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Brandisher 100
Would have been nice around when I was selling unused stuff back then for quick gold and people quickly undermine me. Not really a fix but sure a nice feature.

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
I don't see that really helping. People may undercut, but they're only willing to go so low.

Enduring Shapeshifter

Wouldn't help any.

It's a nice thought but let's be realistic here.

Flynn's Booty/Chest released billions into the economy.
SmashBlox releases a billion gold a DAY into the economy.

Tipsy Sex Symbol

cnoisy
I don't see that really helping. People may undercut, but they're only willing to go so low.

I feel like it might encourage a lot of users to go a little lower
maybe

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Pyres
Wouldn't help any.

It's a nice thought but let's be realistic here.

Flynn's Booty/Chest released billions into the economy.
SmashBlox releases a billion gold a DAY into the economy.

Siiiigh :c yeah
People tend to undecut by 1g so it wont make any difference.

though just the other day i was undercutting by 1,000,000 on inflated item.
gold is worthless now so i dont really care if i win some or lose some

Shameless Shounen

20,975 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hero 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
I proposed a gold runned IM system. That has business opportunities as well for Gaia. It also ha the ability to suck gold from the economy.

Shy Cat

15,925 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Pet Lover 100
I have a solution:

Fire the CEO and COO. New management has been a disaster from DAY ONE. The Board of Directors needs to realize this and cut their losses before this site goes down in flames. All these new Chiefs are doing is pissing off most of the userbase, making short-term profits at the expense of any long-term hope of this site surviving into the future. That is not a way to run any business, and the only reason they are getting away with this is because they probably don't plan to stay around long.

Replace them with one non-greedy businessman who has a heart and who actually intends to take an interest in Gaia and our community. (There are people out there who aren't motivated by pure greed). Either that, or put Lanzer back in charge. Use the salary money saved to hire back one of their wonderful Devs who was laid off and an economist, like Sagger-AT3, who will (a) get the economy under control, (b) improve morale, and (c) get this site back on the right track again before it's too late.

They have too many Chiefs in that place anyway. They got along fine without a COO in the past, and they were a much bigger company back then. I'm sure with the trimmed-down company they have now, less than ~50 employees, that one competent person could do both jobs.

Gaia might not make as much money in the short term, but it sure will last a lot longer, and maybe some people might return (if they think Gaia has finally come to its senses).

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
That's ok, whoever Gaia's 'economist' is not an economist either. lol

I like the idea, maybe an optional thing, because for me it would just get annoying, for those who want a quick sale in the MP. But I don't think it will help with the current inflation. There's just too much gold everywhere. emotion_facepalm

Blessed Regular

pfft cut the amount of gold every gaian has in half, problem solved heart

Sparkly Kitten

IVIiku
I proposed a gold runned IM system. That has business opportunities as well for Gaia. It also ha the ability to suck gold from the economy.

Then... basically, people wouldn't use it. : P

We're already dealing with a situation without an IM, and many use free alternatives.
If it charged gold, or g-cash, we'd simply not use it.

But nice suggestions! c: At a point, if I was desperate for an IM system(which I still am, but since gaia looks like its going down-hill, I'm not hoping for one) I would pay gold for it.

But not in this situation. :c

Sparkly Kitten

The Last Goddess
pfft cut the amount of gold every gaian has in half, problem solved heart

xD I think we'd do anything... to kill inflation.

Shameless Shounen

20,975 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hero 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Sasu-Temtem
IVIiku

We're already dealing with a situation without an IM, and many use free alternatives.

But nice suggestions! c: At a point, if I was desperate for an IM system(which I still am, but since gaia looks like its going down-hill, I'm not hoping for one) I would pay gold for it.

it might be rude but heres a somewhat thorough explaination >click

Sparkly Kitten

IVIiku
Sasu-Temtem
IVIiku

it might be rude but heres a somewhat thorough explaination >click

c: Its not rude~ And I get'cha. xD And I hope I'm not coming off rude~ I'm just discussing. xD

But, why pay, for something that you formerly could use for free?
<o > Or go to other sites, and use. Most people like to hoard their gold, or spend it for a higher purpose. xD

But it is an interesting idea, and I would go for it, depending on exactly how much they would charge. Perhaps, instead of a: "Per line" they could give a set amount for the day, or week. Payments, y'know? xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff