It's always so lovely when you love the theme
I was able to get some of the references but others stumped me
so I'd really appreciate the help

Other Final Line Links:
Final Line Item List
Final Line Art Thread
Final Line How to Play Guide
Final Line Y/N Thread

Does anybody know what Little Law might be referencing?

User ImageChild Prodigy - Detective Conan/Case Closed

User ImageClueless Lady Feathers - Mrs. Peacock from the game of Clue

User ImageCook Note - Death Note

User ImageDetective Princess - Milky Holmes as well as Magical Detective Loveline from Persona 4 the Animation

User ImageFemme Fatal - Reference to the Femme fatale character trope and perhaps Fujiko Mine from Lupin the III

User ImageJunior Professor - Luke Triton from the Professor Layton games

User ImageMurder from the Heart - The story The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe

User ImageBad Cop and User ImageGood Cop - Reference to the style "Good cop, Bad cop" used to question suspects where one cop plays nice and the other opposite

User ImageSmooth Criminal - Reference to the Michael Jackson song of the same name the description of all 3 items are reference to the the song "Criminal" by Britney Spears

User ImageOfficer Fairchild - Alice from Superjail

User ImageDarwin's Honorable Mention - Reference to the Darwin Awards as well as the You Tried meme

User ImageCrime Scene - 3rd pose is a reference to one of Lady Gaga's outfits in her music video for Telephone

User ImageKiller's Call - The movie "Dial M for Murder" by Alfred Hitchcock

User ImageFuture Investigation - Elijah Bailey from the book "Robots Of Dawn"

User ImageGreat Detective Chester - d**k Tracey by Chester Gould (the description references this particular comic)

User ImageBlack Dahlia - Reference to a real life murder case of the same name

User ImageLizzie Rose - Lizzie Bourdan who was a real person who murdered her father and stepmother with an axe

User ImageProud Prosecutor - The description is a quote from Miles Edgeworth from Ace Attorney Investigations

User ImageMysterious Train Station - Possibly a Harry Potter reference of Kings Cross Station (?) or "Murder on the Orient Express" by Agatha Christie

User ImageChocolate Frosting Cop and User ImagePink Frosting Cop - the stereotype that cops love donuts

User ImageDramatic Noir - The bandage pose is a reference to Marv from Sin City

User ImageJunior Gumshoe - Nancy Drew

User ImageCat Burglar's Treasure - Reference to the series D.N.Angel (statue pose) and to Magic Kaito

User ImageMajokko Dorobo - Reference to the manga Saint Tail

User ImageMadam Zelle - Mata Hari

User ImageNorthtown Ghost Story - is a companion item to Southtown Ghost Story based on a ghost story

User ImageBig Sister - A recolor of Little Sister and a reference to the manga Ibitsu

This is only the start of them
Like I said I'm curious to find out what other items are referencing too

Additional gaia_spoons
Where you happy with the items referenced?
What other items were you hoping to see in this RIG that weren't here?

Chatty Regular

One of the poses in Crime Scene (First day on the job) could be a reference to Lady Gaga's police tape outfit in her Telephone video.

question

In a relationship with a fleshlight

Ladykiller

I'm pretty sure Killer's Call is a reference to the Alfred Hitchcock movie, "Dial M for Murder"

Because of this scene:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And it is a classic murder mystery~ ;D

Tricky Cat

Criminalistics scene reminds me of Dexter.

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Darwin Award also seems to be a reference to popular tumblr meme, the You Tried star.

User Image
A Hitchcock reference? <33333

Stubborn Gifter

Konan Tatsuhiko
User ImageSmooth Criminal - Reference to the Michael Jackson song of the same name

I was thinking of Michael Jackson too when I saw that item, but I also remember that the description has the same lyric as Britney Spears' song "Criminal." >>;

Dedicated Bunny

Don't know if anyone else sees this but the first background in Mysterious Train Station reminds me of the Paperman animated short.
I could be wrong, but Junior Gumshoe reminds me of Nancy Drew. @__@;

With the whole mystery theme going on with this RIG, I was kind of hoping for Ace Attorney stuff. Some of them remind me of some characters, but it's not like I can say for sure. u__u

Thieving Tactician

10,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Brandisher 100
The description used on the Sleek, Suave, and Smooth Criminal items reminds me of Mack the Knife (or The Ballad of Mack the Knife).

Fistrick's Partner In Crime

Gracious Beau

20,825 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
I was thinking the cook note referenced the novels of Joanne Fluke.

Firebreathing Dragon

23,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Dragon Master 50
The recolor Black Dahlia is reference "The Black dahlia" a nickname given to Elizabeth short. source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Dahlia

Detective princess is definitely Nanako Dojima in Persona 4 animation when she wears her detective outfit.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fistrick's Partner In Crime

Gracious Beau

20,825 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
And wouldn't Lizzie Rose reference Lizzie Bourdan?

King Cutie-Pie

Yulania
With the whole mystery theme going on with thsi RIG, I was kind of hoping for Ace Attorney stuff. Some of them remind me of some characters, but it's not like I can say for sure. u__u
            x
            Proud Prosecutor's description is a Miles Edgeworth quote ( "I was hoping to come up with a question while I was objecting, Your Honor... I didn't." ) but the item itself doesn't really resemble him. User Image
The Earth King
            x
            Proud Prosecutor's description is a Miles Edgeworth quote ( "I was hoping to come up with a question while I was objecting, Your Honor... I didn't." ) but the item itself doesn't really resemble him. User Image
Ahaha, I see. Some of Gaia's item's references are solely based on the item description rather than the poses themselves, so this must be one of those. Thanks for confirming! :'D

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff