Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
scullylam
lilloulou
The more I think of it, the more I think that I've seen the first pose of "Cat Burglar's Treasure" somewhere in some artwork of DNAngel... I'll try to see if I can find it smile

i think the whole item is dn angel.

1. the set up is that the entire family are burglars so there are items locked away everywhere.
2. if i remember right, there was a note left around whenever dark planned to steal something.

now i want to rewatch the series again.. (and look up if the manga even completed >>;;; )

I know D.N.Angel. Never saw the whole thing thought.

About the stealing notes... I have to admit I can't remember which one was leaving some behind.
Kaito Jeanne from Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne (by Arina Tanemura), the guys from D.N.Angel or Saint Tail? Oh wait... actually, maybe all of them were leaving behind those notes biggrin

Anyway, about the second pose, it's a golden angel statue... the logo for the serie is gold and well.... angel themed too biggrin

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
lilloulou
Rubai Sora
scullylam
lilloulou
The more I think of it, the more I think that I've seen the first pose of "Cat Burglar's Treasure" somewhere in some artwork of DNAngel... I'll try to see if I can find it smile

1. the set up is that the entire family are burglars so there are items locked away everywhere.
2. if i remember right, there was a note left around whenever dark planned to steal something.

now i want to rewatch the series again.. (and look up if the manga even completed >>;;; )

The problem is that it's been so long that I can't remember if Dark was referred to as a magical thief. If no, then there is another male thief in anime that left notes that was also a magician: KID from Magic Kaito.

Weren't the character changing appearance? Isn't it enough to be considered as "magical" thief? Magical as in magical girl transformation wink

True~ It's just that KID was known for his magic tricks. I might just be forcing it since we got a Detective Conan reference, I'm just hoping for a Magic Kaito to go with it since Conan and KID are rivals in a way.

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
scullylam
Rubai Sora
scullylam
lilloulou

The problem is that it's been so long that I can't remember if Dark was referred to as a magical thief. If no, then there is another male thief in anime that left notes that was also a magician: KID from Magic Kaito.

well, the nerdy kid with glasses, seems he is enchanted too and he either was to stop the stealing or something. man, i should watch the series tonight! xd

Like I said in my other post, I'm probably forcing it because of the Detective Conan reference item.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Rubai Sora
True~ It's just that KID was known for his magic tricks. I might just be forcing it since we got a Detective Conan reference, I'm just hoping for a Magic Kaito to go with it since Conan and KID are rivals in a way.

His white outfit would have probably be nice biggrin

Malevolent Kitten

22,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nerd 50
Quote:
Majokko Dorobo - Reference to the manga Saint Tail

AHA! I knew it!!! lol. It was the ribbons that made me think of it at first, then I saw the rest of the outfit was like her's as well.

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
lilloulou
Rubai Sora

His white outfit would have probably be nice biggrin

Actually, I could do with just a better hat or monocle. I already have everything else for it. Heck, I have Cursed Diamond for Pandora.

The only reason why I say it's not KID is because the note is way too simple. KID's notes tend to be riddles.

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
Rubai Sora
scullylam
Rubai Sora
scullylam
lilloulou

well, the nerdy kid with glasses, seems he is enchanted too and he either was to stop the stealing or something. man, i should watch the series tonight! xd

Like I said in my other post, I'm probably forcing it because of the Detective Conan reference item.

i took it detective conan is child prodigy.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I really don't think the Cat Burglar's Treasure description is a reference to DNAngel specifically. The "phantom thief" is a character type who appears frequently in anime and manga (Dark from DNAngel being just one). They're characters who leave a warning that they're going to commit a heist before they actually do it. Kaito Kid from Detective Conan is another example, as is Frey from Matantei Loki Ragnarok.

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
scullylam

i took it detective conan is child prodigy.

It is. Even one of the poses is labeled as his catch phrase (at least in the English version).

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Lazarus Larkin
I really don't think the Cat Burglar's Treasure description is a reference to DNAngel specifically. The "phantom thief" is a character type who appears frequently in anime and manga (Dark from DNAngel being just one). They're characters who leave a warning that they're going to commit a heist before they actually do it. Kaito Kid from Detective Conan is another example, as is Frey from Matantei Loki Ragnarok.

Exactly. It's just the term "magical thief" that throws me off.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
...also the Junior Professor item looks nothing like Luke at all, how disappointing!

Diligent Defender

39,725 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Who watches the watchers? 25
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
The third pose of the frosting hats reminds me of where the bust Tim Allen out of jail in "The Santa Clause" and gag the cop with a doughnut.

Diligent Defender

39,725 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Who watches the watchers? 25
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Rubai Sora
Lazarus Larkin

I think the statue in the second pose is one he actually does steal though. Could be wrong.

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Sweet Sentiment
Rubai Sora
Lazarus Larkin

I think the statue in the second pose is one he actually does steal though. Could be wrong.

Maybe. It's been so long since I even read the manga.

Feral Vampire

10,325 Points
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
Thursday Noon
Hi-Potion
I googled the quote from "Further Investigation and it lead me to Robots Of Dawn: http://www.e-reading-lib.org/chapter.php/71162/9/Azimov_3_The_Robots_of_Dawn.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elijah_Baley

the character, Elijah Bailey, is a detective.

I think it's also a Blade Runner reference, considering the description.

i hope not...its a poor tip of the hat to that great movie.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff