Yarr! This is an art request made by me, blue, for whatever-it-is-I-want at the
current moment. The front page has minimal information, primarily just my
most urgent 'want'. The second and third pages will be more filled, containing
biographies and more information to do with all these characters, primarily for
me to reference whet ordering art from other shops — but if you want to have
a read and draw someone, feel free!

I currently have over 10 mil pure and much more than that stored up in
various items. I'm looking primarily for non-anime art, and have very little
interest in 'cutesy' styles. If you're really good, I might consider chibis, but
generally I'm interested in a more cartoony, interesting, unusual type of art.
Big shiny eyes? Not really my thing. Also be aware that most of my chars
are male, and they look like men; none of them terribly pretty or effeminate.

I also like pirates.

Noraboo's Spouse

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
User Image
CURRENTLY I WANT...

This post will house what I'm looking for in particular at this moment; however, I'll pretty much always accept art of anyone on the next two pages, so feel free to make an offer if you are bored and read up on them!

and be blue
User Image
EVER AMBRODIEL...

Name: Ever Ambrodiel
Setting: Modern Fantasy. He's a vampire. He doesn't sparkle.

Appearance: Ever looks like a scrawny, pale, half-starved teenager. He tops out at 5'11" and 125 pounds -- for the record, this is pretty severely underweight, all skinny limbs and big hands and feet. His features are sharp and hawkish, his nose about a size and a half too large for his face, with a bend in the bridge from where it was broken once and never properly set.

Skin color is very pale, with almond-shaped black eyes - not brown but black, wide and unfocused, like the pupils have dilated up to completely absorb the iris, behind bulky black glasses. His hair is a snowy white, soft and fluffy, and is usually cut into wild spikes. It varies in length, sometimes cropped closer to his head and sometimes longer, but it never grows past the bottom of his ears. He has a spiderweb of slashing scars up the insides of his arms, from the elbow to the wrist and continuing up his palm to the tips of his fingers.

Sometimes, when he's smiling too big or trying to be threatening, you can catch just a glimpse of pointed canines.

He usually wears all shades of black and white, his clothing worn soft with holes in the most commonly used areas - knees, the hem/elbows of his shirt, around the bottom of his pants - like black jeans or sweat pants and layered shirts/hoodies. It's generally big enough to hide the skinny frame, heavily layered to make him look larger, and it's always comfortable. His boots are black, sturdy and ancient, held together with duct tape. He carries an old black messenger bag over one shoulder, with emergency supplies [like a change of boxers] in it.

He always wears a slim silver lightning bolt pendant on a long black cord around his neck, though it might be tucked into his shirt.

He is almost always smoking.

Personality: Ever is a d**k. Snarky and somewhat fatalistic, he likes to push peoples' buttons and is willing to accept the consequences of doing so. He's extremely social, partly because he goes hunting in social places - like bars, clubs, restaurants - but he also isn't completely connected to reality. He manipulates people, but it's still surprisingly easy to manipulate him, since [despite his jaded and cynical demeanor] he's so damned trusting. When he smiles, it's more of a crooked wry expression, as opposed to a joyful smile.

Relationships: Gay with a godawful commitment problem, Ever has had a lot of boyfriends, and even more one-night stands — delicious dinners. I'll try to get up some info about some of them here, so you can draw couple art if you're interested!

References:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

and be blue
User Image
LUKAS KAUFMANN...

Name: Lukas Kaufmann
Setting: Modern Fantasy

Appearance: Lukas is an acrobat and it shows -- in the lean, strong lines of his body, in his relatively short height, in the easy way he moves. He is not tall, nor exceptionally strong, but compact and quick and completely comfortable in his body in a way that makes him a dangerous opponent, when he choses to be. His hair is auburn and cropped short, with just a faint curl to it; his eyes are a cool, muted blue-green. Stubble lines his squared jaw because, no matter how often he shaves, it never seems to be enough. His nose is a bit too strong, perhaps, his eyebrows too heavy, and his smile [when he smiles] is shark-like.

Beneath his right ear, along the side of his neck, is a neatly calligraphied German phrase: Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen. It translates to "No master has yet fallen from the sky", which for him has a double meaning. Both 'Practice makes Perfect' and also an excellent motto for a catburglar who spends a great deal of time scaling buildings and entering through windows.

These days, he usually wears suits, as benefits the position -- but he prefers military-style, unusual blazers to a full out three-piece, frequently with turtlenecks or t-shirts replacing collars and ties. He hates a tie.

Personality: Lukas's generally policy is to live for himself and no one else -- which, thus far, hasn't served him exceptionally well, but that hasn't changed his heart.

His eyes are closed off and serious all the time, but whatever he's thinking is hidden behind that too-sharp smile and a quip that slides past friendly teasing and into the realm of the mean, even if it's only a little bit. He frequently makes up for this, as best he can, with a pat on he shoulder and a wink that doesn't entirely take the sting out of his words.

Instead of being quiet and introspective, he fills social occasions with talk that isn't exactly meaningless, but isn't exactly productive or important, either. He is private by dwelling on non-consequentials, not by shutting his mouth. Silence is only greeted by questions. Chatter is greeted with a desire for silence.

Relationships: His partner on the job, Zachariah, is a frosty pain in the a**. I'll add more info about that!

References:
I have no art yet, but imagine he looks a bit like Michael Fassbender.

and be blue
User Image
LESLIE WARWICK...

Name: Leslie Warwick [Warwick]
Setting: Wardwood; Regency-Era Fantasy

Appearance: Warwick is slightly taller than average, and built like an acrobat -- most likely because, well, he is. Normally pale skin is tanned dark from long days spent in the sun, and adorned with faint freckles everywhere that sticks out. His eyes, usually laughing, are a faded ice-blue, bright and narrow. His face, usually grinning, is long and sharp, planar, with defined cheekbones and a wide mouth. His ears are kind of big.

The crest of his hair, naturally black but usually bleached to pale or henna'd toward red, obviously cut by hand and on the road, is wild and uneven, standing up in the center, and woven through with brightly colored pieces of cloth. This matches the wild, piecemeal, heavily-layered clothing he tends to prefer, a rag clown dressed up in rags.

He is made all the stranger by the assortment of tattoos he has collected over the years, from neck to navel and down his arms.

The most important tattoo is across the back of his right shoulder, old and faded; at first it seems to be some kind of wildcat, arched back and hissing mouth. After a moment, like magic, the word pops out and into focus -- 'Reese', his brother's name. Beside this, stretching down his arm, a half-coiled snake, a handful of fish. There is a gem at the inside of his wrist, a diamond cut.

There is a solid black band around his left bicep, the ink broken by a smattering of skin-colored stars. Around his wrist winds the shape of a beaded bracelet. There is another gem here, on the inside, this one more circular.

The tattoos across his back begin as stalks of grain, slashing diagonally, the bottoms turning to crossed swords. Settled among them, at the small of his back, is one spiral rose, with a scattering of highly-stylized flowers around it.

Wrapping around his left hip is a sleek, bright-eyed fox. It's still rough, outlined, unfinished. His other hip is bare, but above that, across his stomach, is a sharp-edged, stylized tree that follows the shape of ribs below the skin. On his chest are two very black hand prints that look much like someone slapped paint-covered palms against his skin.

Personality: By nature and personality both, Warwick is a clown -- a traveling acrobat with everything he needs for a wandering show, and a sharp memory for news and information to supplement his income. He is cheerful and enthusiastic and perhaps overly energetic, unable to sit still. For all that he looks like a vagabond and a gypsy, he prefers not to supplement his income with the thievery that comes with this sort of work.

At least not anymore.

He tends to think the best of people and, as a result, is also rather easy to goad into doing favors, and gets into troublesome situations as a result.

Relationships: Warwick is bound to a Guardian deer named Wren, who frequently performs in his act! She wears a bell around her neck.

References:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Noraboo's Spouse

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
User Image
DRAW ME SOMETHING...

Current Funds: About 10 mil pure, as well as a lot of items I'm willing to pay with!

Real life Commissions? I'm not interested in RL commissions through gaia.

Pricing/payment: I am willing to pay quite a bit of gold, since I have quite a bit of gold, so even if your prices are a bit high, that's fine! However, I do ask that you please price yourself. If you don't price yourself, I'm going to offer/pay you 50k, no matter how good your art is!

Preferred Styles: I have samples of art in quite a few of these posts that give a clear idea of the styles I love, but to give an idea: I love color. I love bold shapes. I like weird/exaggerated features. I like a lot of focus on details. I love vectors, and textures. I don't like generic, effeminate males. I don't like pretty boys who lack any character but 'pretty'. I don't like super cutesy puffy chibis, but I do like noodly/weird/flat-shaded ones.

If you're an artist: Please fill out the form below when you post in the thread. Please be sure to provide samples of your work, as well as your approximate pricing. Tell me who you are interested in drawing. Don't start until I accept, however, as I may turn you down, or I may have more details I want to provide, such as clothing or themes!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/7xb2B.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/7xb2B.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/7xb2B.png[/img]

[quote="and be blue"][b]Your username:[/b] Self Explanatory.
[b]Samples:[/b] Links to particular pieces, please!
[b]Gallery:[/b] This can link to your dA or your shop on gaia or tumblr or whatever!
[b]Pricing:[/b] Please for the love of god help me out by filling this in!

[b]Character:[/b] Who are you interested in drawing?
[b]Details:[/b] Headshot? Full body? Color? Black and white? Couple? Duo? Group image?[/quote]

Noraboo's Spouse

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
User Image
RECEIVED ARTWORK...

Received Art!

Noraboo's Spouse

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
User Image
OTHER LOCATIONS...

Link to this thread!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
      [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.81327699_1/][img]http://pixel-blueberry.com/hipster/200x40.png[/img][/url]

Check out some other people!

User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I don't affiliate unless I know people personally. Sorry!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff