Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Fox

Niamh Cuina
SilverFoxThief
Niamh Cuina
SilverFoxThief
henrypoptart

O.O should I not use it then? *confused desu*

Hm? o.o Well.. In French saying bonsoir ("good night" ), is a greeting like saying "Hi! Good to see you!" That sorta thing. But also in French saying bonsoiree ("good night" ) is a farewell, as in "I'm probably not going to see you until tomorrow, so have a good night! See you later! Sleep well!" etc. In English, saying "good night" is almost always a farewell like bonsoiree. I've never actually heard "good night" used as a greeting before myself, but someone might use it that way.. o.o However...saying "good evening" is usually a greeting like bonsoir. =3 Do...Do you understand what I mean? redface There might be something like bonsoir/bonsoiree in German, but I'm afraid I'm nowhere near familiar enough with the language to know.. redface

@,@ okay next time I better say sleep good? I mean Gute Nacht means that o.o even behind its like see you next day whatever too... but I never thought about that before *smile* When I say Good Night I mean have a good one, nothing more 4laugh

Really? It kinda looks like "good night".. o.o *asks google and goes German greeting/goodbye research* Yeah, it says gute nacht means "good night" too. Good night works in that case, like..tschuss. =3 I didn't see anything like bonsoir in German..although I did read something I did find kinda funny too. You might like it! ^///^

Quote:
After arriving in Germany, I quickly realized something. Young Germans never used the greetings I learned in class. The only person who said Guten Abend to me was an old man in an ice cream shop who looked old enough to be my great-grandfather.

Is Guten Abend really that formal? o.o ... lol

But...French is a funky language, Nia, it's always following its own rules like English does.. redface I didn't mean to confuse you..I'm sorry if I did.. >///< It sounds like you're using "good night" right already! ^///^

...Guten tag! Omg! Where have I heard that before! It sounds so familiar! o.o

we are really talking here.. where so many ppl are redface
Na, it's kay süße.. as long as I don't hurt someone.. maybe it's how you see it? o.o'' Like I said I never thought about Gute Nacht as something like see ya .. or bis morgen... its a wish for a good night... redface but if it's better I will try to say schlaf gut, or wünsch dir eine gute Nacht.. *smile*

Hm~ think when they need a job, they say Guten Tag too in front of the person who will be later maybe the boss lol instead of Hey, or Hoi whatever is popular rolleyes Or when they visit first time the parents of their girl/boy friend.. I mean hey Alte(r) won't look so good.. lol

Good day? o.o Grüß dich... visit Germany and you will get a lot of Greetings.. don't think I understand what a Bayer says, or a Hamburger, when they use dialect. lol

That reminds me, when we visit Bayern long ago, as I was still in school redface ahem.. we were wandering around in the Village, trying to find the Restaurant Wastlhuber whatever... all ppl we asked answered, wastelhuber? Don't now... after a very long time finally we had luck .. we got the answer: Wastlbuber.. don't know... burt I now a Wastlhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuber... great.. where was the diff? rofl

Y-Yeah, you're right... redface

Peep! ^///^

A Bayer? o.o Oh, is that like a specific part of Germany? Oh, I understand. I feel the same way about some English accents. Some accents get so thick, it's like another language! o.o

Haha, maybe they just needed the inflection to understand? xd Er, inflection is emphasizing a specific part of a word.. redface

Shy Fox

Niamh Cuina
SilverFoxThief

Maybe I should...clarify as best in German as I can.. redface

French - bonsoir (good night) = hallo
English - good night = tschuss
French - bon soiree (good night) = tschuss
French - bon matin (good morning) = tschuss
English - good morning = hallo

...Do you understand what I mean? redface

O.O okay I send all French and english teacher away to learn language and meaning right rolleyes
scream I wasted my time learning French rofl redface *cough*
Yes, *points above post* will use it not again so...
Okay Guten Morgen is like a hallo too o.o so far I use it... like Guten Tag or Guten Abend. 3nodding

I may not be explaining it well, to be fair..but I did my best! ^///^

Okay... redface

Guten..I know it's German, but it kinda sounds like gluten to me, haha. ^_^ Gluten is...basically part of wheat. It's kind of a trend to be "gluten free". =3

Shy Fox

Queentintin
SilverFoxThief
Queentintin
SilverFoxThief
Queentintin
SilverFoxThief

Yeah! And hi! ^///^

bonjour ou bon soir? good day or good night? biggrin

Hehe, its kinda funny-ironic how in French bonsoir is a greeting but in English saying good night always is a farewell. ^///^

yes , but good morning=)

Gosh, the notifications didn't warn me about this quote! o.o Weird.. confused

Peep! ^///^ ...Also kinda funny how "good morning" is usually a farewell, haha. ^///^ ...I just find French to be an interesting language, that's all.. redface

I like your hoodie costume! ^///^

well good morning is not a farewell really, but yes I agree the French language is interesting, harder to learn as well! ask my kids lol you don't need to be shy =) no worries biggrin

Wait, what? o.o A friend of mine from Quebec told me bon matin is kind of a...something that you could say to a maintenance person who came to your house and left after doing their work in the morning. ...Although, I understand it's not a phrase heard often in French - it's usually bonjour if anything. redface

Peep! redface ...Gosh, I agree with them! I mean, why are there so many silent letters in French? It seems completely disjointed with the way French sounds.. sweatdrop

Shy Fox

Queentintin
SilverFoxThief
Queentintin
SilverFoxThief
Queentintin
SilverFoxThief

Yeah! And hi! ^///^

bonjour ou bon soir? good day or good night? biggrin

Hehe, its kinda funny-ironic how in French bonsoir is a greeting but in English saying good night always is a farewell. ^///^

yes , but good morning=)

Gosh, the notifications didn't warn me about this quote! o.o Weird.. confused

Peep! ^///^ ...Also kinda funny how "good morning" is usually a farewell, haha. ^///^ ...I just find French to be an interesting language, that's all.. redface

I like your hoodie costume! ^///^

almost forgot, the kitty kigu costume it's pretty awesome ya there's also a bear and squirell costune too^^

Nice, haha! ^_^ It looks pretty cozy! =3

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
The Solarised Night
Queentintin

A wish list made by Tintin^.^ *It's Christmas time, it's Christmas time! emotion_bigheart

I think I've been good this year, with the buying a a house, and the dealing with 2 teenagers at home lol therefore could you find it in your heart to possibly gift me a few items <3 one or 2 is good xp

1. Danse du Lune
2. Seraphic Fox
3. Tricky Vixen
4. Cereus
5. Secret Retreat
6. Danse du Crepuscule

Maybe just chose items that aren't so costly *smiles* and thank you for hearing me out!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

Hello!
Lovely to see you participating.
I just wanted to check if you had reviewed the rules about the wishlist. I only ask because I noticed that only one of the items on your list is under 3B but there is no current listings.
I wouldn't want you to miss out based on the pricing

ohh well ty will make sure to check that out thanks^.^
Hi I think I was decently almost alright this year...most likely almost nearly nice list. Does being overworked, not sleeping, and procrastination at the same time count as being good? I will be awake most likely when the old man breaks into my house and gives me things. Here is my wish list.
1)Jekyll's Atrocity (Any)
2) Novice kings agent
3) crime scene
4)Ivory Baronet
5) Black Maggie,

Gifted Genius

16,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Generous 100
LadyEvinrude
KaosBringer
crying Not gonna be able to make it to the midnight release of pokemon from the looks of it on thursday night... KB is a sad panda. crying

Sorry to hear that.

It's ok, it's just one day. I'll have it friday afternoon so no worries. Ty though 3nodding

Fluffy Healer

NocturnalVeil
Joshiko Kaino
but not in best mood for some days, thats what I mean *smile*
*nod* Kay, looks like what we have here since many years, with all holidays. ^_^°
Would be nice to be around when you have Midsummer Eve. whee

It is a pretty unique holiday, probably fun to watch for an outsider. lol

gefunden~ whee
Sounds great *_* fun is one of the best medicine, right. *smile* Wish I could. whee

Niamh Cuina rolled 1 100-sided dice: 46 Total: 46 (1-100)

Fluffy Healer

let's try it, if I can share a smile with Elf-chan redface

TeaTimePrince's Partner

Eloquent Man-Lover

39,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
User Image
Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, c** possit, iubet.
Mistress of Darkness88

Oh sooo true, I start to want to stay home more and more as the days get closer to things like black Friday>.<

Oh gods tell me about it....
Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus

Niamh Cuina rolled 1 100-sided dice: 94 Total: 94 (1-100)

Fluffy Healer

Niamh Cuina rolled 1 100-sided dice: 30 Total: 30 (1-100)

Fluffy Healer

emotion_bigheart emotion_kirakira emotion_bigheart

Animal Consumer

II ur_candyland II
Nidorous
II ur_candyland II
BAH HUMBUG

THIS!

User Image x-mas music already! emotion_donotwant

lllloooooolllll no STOP christmas music is awesome
omg especially those classic elevator or shopping department tunes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO emotion_donotwant

Animal Consumer

Cat Sapphire
Nidorous
II ur_candyland II
BAH HUMBUG

THIS!

User Image x-mas music already! emotion_donotwant

I refuse to listen to xmas music until after Thanksgiving, if I can possibly help it! I did sneak in a Hallmark xmas movie today though.... cat_redface

emotion_puke No, no, no, nooooooo!

Animal Consumer

Lumbee Wolf Lady
hey Nid i bought you cake and ice cream

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Devours the cake, shoves icecream onto floor emotion_donotwant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas