Castor/Zuse 0.072916666666667 7.3% [ 35 ]
Jarvis 0.016666666666667 1.7% [ 8 ]
Rinzler 0.070833333333333 7.1% [ 34 ]
Gem 0.052083333333333 5.2% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 480 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 188 189 190 > >> >>> »|

GREETINGS PROGRAMS!

User Image

**This thread now contains SPOILERS. As well as conversations Surrounding spoilers. Beware!**

Welcome to the world of Tron and All that is Tron. Here we'll discuss the two Tron films as well as anything and Everything that relates to the franchise/fandom. Everything from merchandise, actors, favorite scenes to Tron Movie news, fanart and fanfiction. We love it all. And of course we wanna discuss the current addition, hot off the press, Tron Legacy. Bring it on, man.

Don't mess up my Zen thing, man...and follow the rules.

1. Be a good little program and RESPECT other programs and users here, we don't wanna make waves around here.
2. Listen to the thread creators, namely myself and Alan Bradley and anyone else we deem important to the security of this thread.
3. No stealing anyone's personal creations.
4. ASK us before conducting anything here that you are unsure of is appropriate for the business of the thread.
5. Command currently run by Creator Flynn, Alan Bradley and TRON - Quorra. Respect their authority to rectify.

That's about it for now. Follow these and we're cool. We don't want to have to Derezz anyone here!

Cosplayers on the Grid

Creator Flynn = Flynn/CLU
Alan Bradley = Alan/Tron
TRON - Quorra = Quorra
Relatively Dimensional = Castor/Zuse
TRON - Rinzler = Rinzler
Sinclair Solutions = Gem
Ethelos = Castor
Creator Kevin Flynn = Older Flynn

Current line up for 1982 TRON midnight screenings across the country.

Quote:
The original 1982 TRON movie is making a fantastic return to the big screen for filmgoers with a 70MM screening in Los Angeles on March 5th at 7:30 PM at the Aero Theatre -- a showing that marks the first time it will be shown theatrically since being placed on moratorium over the past couple of years (during TRON: LEGACY's production and release).

Attendess will also be treated to a unique discussion following the movie with Writer-Director Steven Lisberger, Visual Effects Supervisors Richard Taylor and Harrison Ellenshaw, Director of Photography Bruce Logan, A.S.C., VFX Computer Animator Bill Kroyer and VFX Crew Member John Scheele -- and Cindy Morgan (Lora Baines/Yori) may also be rezzing up there for the evening...!

Landmark Theatres will be hosting midnight screenings of the original 1982 TRON movie in multiple cities - here is a current list with the dates and locations:

April 22 Nuart - Los Angeles
April 30 Ken - San Diego
May 6-7 Esquire - Denver
May 13-14 Uptown - Minneapolis
May 20-21 E Street - Washington D.C.
May 27-29 Sunshine - New York
June 10-11 Inwood - Dallas
June 17-18 Egyptian - Seattle
VIDEOS.

Tron 3 Teaser!

Tron: UPRISING Animated Series Trailer.

ElecTRONica currently at Disneyland California

Vid provided by Nekojen

Very nice fan-made video.

Daft Punk's "Derezzed"

Epic Original Tron Trailer for Modern day audiences.

LEGACY REVIEWS, NEWS AND VARIOUS

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2010/12/24/tron-uprising/

Animated Tron: Uprising

http://www.hecklerspray.com/film-review-tron-legacy-digital-botox-and-surprising-depth/201053878.php

http://www.examiner.com/movie-reviews-in-minneapolis/tron-legacy-review

Reviews it deserved.

Fandom submitted by thread Users and Programs

By Courtesy of program "TRON - Quorra"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.68098789/][IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/9gypdu.jpg[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.68098789/][IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/n4eekn.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Banner courtesy of program RINZLER

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.68098789/][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/4zaurgn[/IMG][/url]

Also, I have other links relating to Legacy/Tron in general!

There is a group on dA: [click]
Their Facebook page: [click]
And the soundtrack page, where you can order the deluxe package for the glow in the dark Daft Punk poster!: [click] (Psst: If you type 'derezzed,' a clip of Derezzed will play over 'Armory!')
Behind-the-scenes, clips for those who haven't seen everything, etc.

Here are some more Links provided by Quorra!

First off, we have some active "Plz" accounts. These people are 100% IC and they're a real joy to "talk" to.
Castor
C.L.U.
Jarvis
Rinzler
Sark (He's brand new.)

This is #Clu-Minions, a budding group on dA that needs some more members. For 2 weeks, 38 or so members is pretty darned good!
A more popular group is #Flynns-Arcade.

A chat I was asked to advertise is this one!
It has a core group of 8 people, including myself. They draw while some of us write, and I was in tears (laughter. LAUGHTER.) for some of the time we were together as a group.
I MEAN COME ON SAM HAS AN ANGRY a**

Very, VERY cool!

[click]

Affiliates

Got a Facebook and want to help the Campaign of TRON LIVES? Go here and join the group!

TRON LIVES
PICTURES

User Image

FANART

Artist: agamble07
User ImageUser Image

Would you like your fanart posted up here? Upload it onto your personal photo sharing album and post us the link.

4,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
the movie was amazing!
Fayown
the movie was amazing!

Hello again, welcome =D!

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Tron Legacy was perfect.
LOLCHUCK
Tron Legacy was perfect.

That's some high praise, glad you enjoyed it! What do you think about all the mixed reviews?

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Creator Flynn
LOLCHUCK
Tron Legacy was perfect.

That's some high praise, glad you enjoyed it! What do you think about all the mixed reviews?

I'm not really one to read reviews so I don't know any negative opinions.
What is some of the criticism people are making?
LOLCHUCK
Creator Flynn
LOLCHUCK
Tron Legacy was perfect.

Here's a quote that's pretty well rounded as far as a LOT of negative reviews given by critics.

Quote:
Tron: Legacy is an entertaining movie. It's exciting at times, and even manages a (small bit) of connection with it's characters. But aside from an eye/ear gasm and Jeff Bridges there really isn't that much to recommend. Lovers of the original movie may be equal parts vindicated and disappointed. I really don't know. I suppose it all depends on what your looking for.

Spoiler = Oh, incidentally, Tron(the dude the film is named after) appears for about 3 and a half minutes. First he is good..then evil, then good again for absolutely no reason. Then dies with a helmet on. Tron there. In a film called Tron : Legacy. Brilliant.

Anxious Shapeshifter

Loooved iiiit. >3> I've seen the original several, several times and Legacy was absolutely beautiful.

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Creator Flynn
LOLCHUCK
Creator Flynn
LOLCHUCK
Tron Legacy was perfect.

Here's a quote that's pretty well rounded as far as a LOT of negative reviews given by critics.

Quote:
Tron: Legacy is an entertaining movie. It's exciting at times, and even manages a (small bit) of connection with it's characters. But aside from an eye/ear gasm and Jeff Bridges there really isn't that much to recommend. Lovers of the original movie may be equal parts vindicated and disappointed. I really don't know. I suppose it all depends on what your looking for.

Spoiler = Oh, incidentally, Tron(the dude the film is named after) appears for about 3 and a half minutes. First he is good..then evil, then good again for absolutely no reason. Then dies with a helmet on. Tron there. In a film called Tron : Legacy. Brilliant.

Hmm... Well, in my opinion, it was an extremely entertaining movie and I loved it. I suppose people were expecting something with extreme depth like many top rated movies that have been recently coming out (such as Inception). It may have been a semi-basic plot but the overall point of a move is entertainment. Spoiler: As for Tron not really being in the movie it self. If I remember correctly, the first movie was centered around Flynn.
@LOLChuck: Yes, yes and yes. It feels like to me that a lot (not all) of the negative reviews are from critics who honestly.. just don't get it. As cliche' as that sounds. I honestly thought it was fascinating the way they built on the story of the first Tron. I was excited that they weren't just going to attempt to reboot the original Tron film with younger faces in a Real shallow attempt to make a buck. I don't think the story was lacking at all.

Sure the Legacy prequel comics were more in depth and added to the plot before the movie was even released, but it did, I believe, have an intriguing storyline! It shouldn't be compared to Inception or least of all AVATAR, which a lot of people and critics alike are comparing it to. Which I find, RIDICULOUS, by the way. For one it's not going to be as complicated as Inception, that's not Disney's audience target.. and Avatar.. WTF to that, man.

IF they want something deeper then they Do have Inception, District 9, a lot of other Sci-fi films that offer a 'Deeper' story. Tron was fine. And for Tron Himself...

Spoiler = You're right, the first Tron may have been called Tron, but Flynn was the main character. So critics attempting to be clever and jab at the fact that there wasn't much Tron in a movie called Tron..don't know wtf they're talking about and should be discredited. Even I would have liked more Tron, and hopefully we'll get more in the next installment. But he didn't Die like that critic said. He fell into the Sea of simulation and his coding changed back to normal, if anything he was fixed! The sea didn't explode with Flynn's explosion. Critics who get s**t wrong, Fail.
Relatively Dimensional
      Loooved iiiit. >3> I've seen the original several, several times and Legacy was absolutely beautiful.

I used to watch that movie over and over when I was little for some reason.. I got back into it in September and have been watching it again and again since. I took it with me to work and would watch it so that I could keep myself from getting bored during the day. confused
Relatively Dimensional

Alright! Glad to hear you enjoyed it as much as we did! Your Castor/Zuse cosplay there is awesome..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff