Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think the return of the LOTR cast in The Hobbit will "cheapen" the movie(s)?

Without a doubt 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I don't think so 0.61904761904762 61.9% [ 13 ]
We'll see 0.23809523809524 23.8% [ 5 ]
Undecided 0.095238095238095 9.5% [ 2 ]
Don't care, I just want to see it! 0.047619047619048 4.8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

11,800 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
User Image
Our Facebook Page

User Image
Pixels Made By: Baagaa

Welcome | Information | Rules | News | Contests | Past Polls | Links | Reserved

11,800 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
User Image

Hello, and Welcome to the Official Hobbit Movie Fan Thread! I decided to make this thread because I love The Lord of the Rings movies and I know The Hobbit movies are going to be just as epic. While we are in waiting for the first movie to come out, feel free to wait in this thread with me. There will be contests, good conversation, and friends to be made so grab a pint of ale and enjoy your stay!

User Image

If you are curious what The Hobbit is or just want a reminder of what the movies will be about, here's a short description: "Local Shire hobbit Bilbo Baggins, uncle of Frodo Baggins, is living a quiet, peaceful life until Gandalf the Grey knocks on his door. A band of wandering dwarves shows up one or two at a time. The goal? To hire poor Bilbo for a quest (as a burgler) that entails defeating a dragon and recovering (burgling) a treasure. Along the way there are adventures with trolls and elves, a battle with goblins, the naming of Bilbo's sword as Sting after a battle with some spiders, escaping from Wargs, and a barrel ride in a river. There is a great battle, The Battle of Five Armies, which includes men, dwarves, elves, goblins with Wargs, and more. Most importantly of all, part of this story leads Bilbo into Riddles in the Dark where he meets Gollum and in the process acquires a peculiar ring that has had and will have a great impact on the future of their world." - IMDB

Release Date:
December 19th, 2012 (Rumor) & December 2013

Director: Peter Jackson
Writers: Philippa Boyens, Peter Jackson, Guillermo del Toro, Fran Walsh

Bilbo: Martin Freeman

Gandalf: Ian McKellen
Gollum: Andy Serkis
Elrond: Hugo Weaving
Frodo: Elijah Wood
Galadriel: Cate Blanchett
Saruman: Christopher Lee

Thorin: Richard Armitage
Dwalin: Graham McTavish
Fili: Robert Kazinsky
Kili: Aidan Turner
Gloin: Peter Hambleton
Oin: John Callen
Bombur: Stephen Hunter
Bofur: James Nesbitt
Dori: Mark Hadlow
Ori: Adam Brown

11,800 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
User Image

Here's all of those nasty rules that you have to follow. If you break any of these you will be warned and/or banned from the thread.

Read all of these:

• When showing spoilers*, mention that it's a spoiler and post it in white. DO NOT quote them or they'll show!
          ___* A spoiler is a description that reveals a piece of the plot that will reveal the outcome or ending.

• Do not quote anything from the front page or stretch the page.

• No l33t speak or TALKING IN ALL CAPS! I'm trying to make a nice environment here, thanks!

• Do not advertise your own shop here or beg for gold/items.

• Feel free to talk about whatever, but Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit / J.R.R. Tolkien conversation is preferred.

• If you have something negative to say about the movie, go ahead as long as you make your argument intelligent and not just "It's stupid".

11,800 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
User Image

If anything is happening in the thread or in Middle-Earth, you can find out here!

Latest News:

January 12th, 2011: Even more updates about the cast! Sir Christopher Lee has signed on to return as Saruman. There are rumors about Orlando Bloom and Dominic Monaghan returning but the rumor also says they're asking for $1 Mill for their 2 minute cameos. If this is true, do we really want them back?
          January 11th, 2011: There's a lot of updates about the cast as of the past 2 weeks. Sir Ian McKellen officially signed on to return as the role of Gandalf the Grey, Andy Serkis is rumored to return as Gollum and will hopefully sign on soon, and Elijah Wood has signed on to return as Frodo Baggins! The question now is, do you guys think the return of past characters who weren't in The Hobbit will ruin the movie? I am thinking they'll go for a "flashback/story telling" angle.
          November 5th, 2010: I went MIA ever since all the good news started to happen so here's quick overview of what has happened. The Hobbit will be filmed in New Zealand and production is rumored to start soon. They are announcing all the actors for the movie and I updated it on the front page.
          September 29th, 2010: Looks like we have some more bad news about The Hobbit. You can read about it here because I don't want to summarize it: Article Here. At least us Hobbit fans have PJ to back us up!
          September 24th, 2010: No new news about The Hobbit production starting. There's been talk between PJ (Peter Jackson) and our 4 loved Hobbits (Elijah, Dominic, Sean, and Billy) that they may make an appearance in The Hobbit movies. Dominic doesn't like this idea but Billy is very excited about it. They are thinking of having them play their fathers. What do you guys think about this? Do you think it'll cheapen the movie or just be nice to see them in their Hobbit outfits again?
          September 11th, 2010: Rumors about the movies have been going crazy lately and Ian McKellen (Gandalf) himself announced that production should start in January 2011.
          September 6th, 2010: My good friend, Baagaa, made the adorable pixel hobbit hole that's in the front page for the thread!
          August 22nd, 2010: Searching for someone to make banners for the thread.

11,800 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
User Image

Current Contest:

Predict Release Date

Prize: 7,500g
          Entry Fee: FREE!
          End Date: Whenever the answer is announced
          Do you have a guess on when the release date for The Hobbit will be? Well, why not let me know your guess and enter this contest? Give me the exact date that you think the movie will be released and the person who guesses the closest day will get a prize. If multiple people choose the same day, the prize will be split up among the winners.

11,800 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
User Image

I'm going to try and replace the poll every one in a while so if you're interested in seeing the past results this is the place to look!

Past Polls:

Poll # 1:
          Do you think Martin Freeman will make a good Bilbo Baggins?
          Total Votes: 32

Yes - 37.5% [12]
          No - 15.6% [5]
          * Undecided - 46.9% [15]

Poll # 2:
          According to the recent news, PJ may be relocating The Hobbit to be filmed in Eastern Europe. What do you think about this?
          Total Votes: 6

* If it's not New Zealand, it's not the right location - 50.0% [3]
          IDC as long as it gets made - 33.3% [2]
          This whole situation is crappy - 16.7% [1]
          Undecided - 0.0% [0]

Poll # 3:
          Are you happy with the cast of The Hobbit?
          Total Votes: 20

* Yes - 70.0% [14]
          No - 0.0% [0]
          Some of them 10.0% [2]
          Undecided 20.0% [4]

11,800 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
User Image
These links will lead away from Gaia!

theonering.net
imdb.com

Links In:

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.65487125_1/][IMG]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j271/Kirinoko/88x31animate.gif[/IMG][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.65487125_1/][IMG]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j271/Kirinoko/200x40animate.gif[/IMG][/url]

Links Out:
88x31 and 200x40, Only! Please PM all affiliate requests.
If you want to trade links, make sure you add my banner first. Thanks!

User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

11,800 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

11,800 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

11,800 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

4,900 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
First to post (Cuz Im cool Like that heart )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff