6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image~
User Image~
User Image
Welcome to Grow Gaia Week!
(( Originally Bring Your Friend to Gaia and Be Naked Week. But that's way too wordy so we're now simply Grow Gaia! ))
Do not quote ANY post from the first page! Ever!
You can quote pieces (A sentence or two) but do not quote the first page. Anyone found doing so will be added to my ignore list which will keep you from posting in here again. Thank you. :3

Art for the Staff Contest has Ended!
Check out the winners~ :3

We have an Icecream Parlor! Happy Tragedy has loaned us her house to use for Grow Gaia's Ice Cream Parlor. Come in and hang out with us! :3

I've noticed a lot of people are voting that they do not understand this event even after reading the first page. So, I'd like to let you know that you can always PM me and I will let you know what this is all about. Feel free to PM me anytime with any questions you have. :3

I would also ask that you all would post about what you like about Gaia or anything nice to the Admins. I will post it in the Letter to Gaia post so our admins can see how much we appreciate them!

We're incredibly glad you're here and we all extend our welcome to you. It is my honor to let you know that by your participation we are bringing in more much needed revenue for our favorite community, Gaia. We figure that if we bring more users, those users will potentially spend money thus helping keep Gaia afloat.
The good news, however, is that even if you don't spend any money here, advertisers see that Gaia has so many people here and they'll pay even more just to advertise here on Gaia. So any and all support is needed and helpful!

And since you're here, why not check out the many contests we have going? Prizes vary from underwear items to the 100,000g art contest we have. So be sure to see if there's something you want to join in. All contests are ongoing now.

I read every single post in this thread so I am constantly updating the first page to put more information for everyone to see. So if you ever have a question about something, I will answer your question and edit whatever you were curious about to make it more understandable. Please acknowledge that I am doing this event by myself so any help is always loved. 4laugh

There seems to be a lot of people with the same issues about Gaia. The same reasons they're hesitant about supporting Gaia completely. So I am making a Questions and Answers post on the first page to help ease your mind about Gaia. If you see anything you'd like to add, questions or answers, post them hear and I will be happy to add them. I also lack a lot of sources for my information, so if you can provide links to anything, please do. I know I've read or seen these answers but I don't remember/know where to find the sources. Any help is appreciated. :3

I am not accepting Friend requests at this time due to the massive amount I am getting at random. My friend's list is reserved for people I talk to regularly and who I want to keep track of. Please understand and thank you for wanting to befriend me anyway. ^o^

Some of the regulars here at Grow Gaia, drawn by Sex Ostrich! <3
User Image

:: Table of Contents ::
1 )) Reasoning Behind Grow Gaia and Be Naked Week//RULES
2 )) Contests
3 )) Donators and Donations
4 )) A Letter to Gaia from the Hearts of GCD
5 )) Signatures and Banners
6 )) Affiliates
7 )) Things We Need
8 )) Art of the Staff
9 )) Underwear Auction
10 )) Referral Contest
11 )) Questions and Answers (About my views of Gaia, not the event so much)
12 )) Houses
13 )) Reserved
14 )) v
15 )) Reserved

~User Image
~User Image

Beloved Gaian

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image~
Why Are We Doing This?

On Monday, June 15th, 2009, Gaia released a series of Announcements. One of which stated that they would now endorse off-site surveys and offers so that we could earn Gaia Cash more readily. This news upset many Gaians and sent the GCD into an uproar. Many threads popped up bashing or supporting this idea.
One Gaian made a thread asking, "What would you do instead?" Answering this question was actually kind of difficult. If I owned a business that also was a community, how would I earn money while keeping every user happy?
So we decided we would make an event to bring more users to the site and hopefully provide a way for Gaia to earn more money. Even if each new member doesn't run out to get a Gaia Cash card, advertisers will still see that Gaia has an enormous amount of users. So if advertisers spend more to get advertisements on Gaia, Gaia gets more money.
This is not a riot against the Cash Offers. We are merely offering a way to help out so Gaia will no longer have to resort to these things. However, some users do like the offers. And I suggest that if you do use them, be safe. Make sure you don't give out credit card information or anything else that they could use to charge you with. If you notice new fees on your card and you don't know where they came from or what they're for, then you should contact your credit supplier. Giving your information out to anyone, a business or not, is dangerous. So read up on the facts.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Now for the Naked part.
------If you would like to keep on items, please limit it to 2-3 items (Minus your underwear). We can't all look equal if everyone still has on 10 items when they're naked. :3 ------
Why would we possibly decide to go naked for this week? Aside from being naked for the luls, we figure that if we bring a lot of new members to the site and these new members see that everyone has so many nice items, they might get disappointed when they find out the cost of said items. So to support our new users this week, we will all either run around in our underwear or wear starter clothing and inexpensive items. Not only are we being helpful, but it's so much fun to be free of clothing for a week!
You can be naked early if you want, since I know Gaia loves to be nude for a good cause. If you do choose to be naked early, just think of it as you're spreading the word about this event! I've already been asked a few times why I'm naked and gotten some supporters that way. So it's great if you stay naked until the 15th too!
We won't be mad if you wear your favorite item though.

Why July 13th-19th?
I think that by July 13th we could have the word spread enough to be able to get at least 100 supporters. The date was actually set to be around July 15th because I want all of these new members to see the opening of the Monthly Collectible, hopefully fueling some of them to purchase one. This date is unofficial so far, so if you think you have a better date then PM me. The date can also change if I feel the event hasn't gotten enough people knowing about it. I hope we do though! I'm pretty sure we'll keep this date, so unless you have a good reason, we'll probably keep the date.

(( The origional date 8th-15th was changed due to interference with Spirit Week. ;3 We don't want to steal their thunder! ))

RULES

1] Be polite at all times
2] Follow ToS. We should already do that. :3
3] Do not quote the first page. You can take a piece but not the whole post. It streches.
4] I cannot stess this enough. Be Polite.
5] 2-3 Items MAX not including underwear. With underwear, there is a 5 item limit. If you are wearing more than this, you will not be eligible for any prizes. Thanks for understanding. ^-^
6] Respect others' opinions. We're all old enough to be mature, so let's be mature. We can agree to disagree.
7] If you have any problems, there is a post at the bottom of the page to show you what my views are. This is not to say that everyone here believes the same, but these are the views I founded the event on. I would be happy to discuss issues with you, but PM me about them and don't make me repeat what I posted in that post. ^-^

~User Image

Beloved Gaian

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image~
User Image

To support our fun event, we will be holding contests to get more people involved. These contests can't be done without some much needed money, so please donate!
There can be multiple winners for the Dice and Random number contest so don't be afraid to try. The contests will begin once I have a prize listed. If you want to try until then, go ahead.

Once all prizes have been won (struck through), if I don't list another prize, then the contest is over. :3 I will most likely be changing the random number contest to 1-500 after all the prizes are won, so keep your eyes peeled. :3

I will also be randomly giving out items and gold when the event week starts. So check your trades! >:3

--------------- exclaim You have to be naked to win a prize! I will PM you if you are not naked and tell you to get that way before I give you a prize. xD 2-3 items (excluding underwear) but 5 items max. Thank you! exclaim -------------------

How to Roll Dice!!!!
Reply to a topic....
Do this
Then fill in like this
Then post in the topic and you've rolled your dice!

:: Dice Contest ::
Roll an 13 or 97 on ten 10 sided die.
PM me with the page number if you win.

exclaim Prize-- Sundae's Treat User Image
exclaim Prize-- Your selection of any Underwear! heart
exclaim Prize-- 1,000g User Image
exclaim Prize-- 2,000g User Image
exclaim Prize-- 3,000g User Image
exclaim Prize-- 4,000g User Image
exclaim Prize-- 5,000g User Image
Winners
+Dinotoes!
+Syhne heart
+proji-chan_thedarkgoddess
+Wishing Teddy

:: Random Number Contest ::
Generate a number 1 to 100 and get a 13 or a 97 to win!
PM me with the page number if you win.
This Contest is Closed as All prizes have been won. Congratulations. Later in the week I may post a new random number contest, as for now, roll some dice! :3

Winners
+HellTutor
+iSexBalloon
+ShePlaysByEar
+xSilent Tears
+xKiwiTastic No U-R-Eshiix
+Xx Drama Angel xX
+i will bite
+PachiiRiisu
+Simply-Amelia-Jane
+ccg_corrin
+THE Officer koru
+wolfiecrazy
+Caramel_mami406
+Pwns Noobs In Teh Face
+Kallori

:: Best Banner Contest ::
Create a Banner to support our lovely cause.
Best one, voted by members, will win!

exclaim Prize--& 50,000g User Image
Winner
+

:: Draw Art for Our Administration ::
This contest is to support our Admins and
Mods to help them see that we love them so
much. We really appreciate all that they've done
for us, so let's draw them! At the end of the week,
the best art, voted for by members, will win.

exclaim Prize--& Alruna's Rose (The Ultimate Underwear!) User Image
Winner
+

:: If you think of any other contests that will help out with our forum, please PM me or post in here! ::
~User Image

Beloved Gaian

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image~
User Image~
User Image

We can't have prizes for our contests without Donations. Please send all Donations to this account. I promise not to use anything for my own greedy purposes. rofl
I now have donations coming out of my ears! xD Thanks to all who have donated. ;3

:: Donations ::
exclaim SDPlus #211 Sukinahito DollUser Image and 15,000g User Image -- Kuma_Wing heart heart
exclaim 100,000g User Image and Alruna's RoseUser Image -- Syhne
exclaim G-Shades Pink User Image -- Anonymous Benefactor (Not Hug Stealer ninja )
exclaim 68 Blue Daffodils User Image and 20,000gUser Image --&PQ and Retrostacja heart heart heart
exclaim Sundae's Treat User Image-- Anonymous Benefactor heart heart heart
exclaim Nicolae's Underwear x3 User Image -- Dinotoes heart heart
exclaim Gee Boi Turbo User Image and 50,000g User Image -- DKnightShipper heart heart heart heart heart
exclaim Our lovely Banners to use as headers for the thread. Aren't we pretty~? -- PQ and Retrostacja heart heart heart
exclaim Gino's Underwear x2 User Image -- LimeSky heart heart heart
exclaim Gino's Underwear User Image -- drowned in a flame
exclaim Ce.Ch.be Embryonic Vial User Image -- Ceberlandon
exclaim 2435 Tokens User Image and 2,000g User Image -- She_jo2010 heart
exclaim SDPlus #186 Zaina Doll User Image -- Anonymous Benefactor heart
exclaim Gino's Underwear User Image, Leather Punk Sock User Image, Chai Tea Time Waitress Dress User Image, Lunar Hairpin User Image, 1,985g User Image -- Par Exemple heart
exclaim 10,000g User Image -- Lar-uhh heart heart
exclaim 5,000g User Image -- Senjo_bunny heart
exclaim 50g User Image and a plethora of items -- Hannah_Swensen2 heart
exclaim Flower Crown User Image, Watermeat Set User Image, and Jack's Bat Clip User Image -- Ice Angel262 heart
exclaim Sparkling Eyes Clown Makeup User Image, Clown Nose User Image, Lovely Genie Silver Bangle Bracelets User Image, Golden Snitch User Image, Tickets x203 User Image -- Xx Drama Angel xX heart
exclaim A Buuuuuunch of items -- Sex Ostrich heart heart
exclaim 10,000g User Image -- Lar-uuh heart User Image
exclaim A buuuuuunch of items as well xD -- PachiiRiisu heart
exclaim Michael's Memory, Skittles Necklace, Golden Snitch, Blue Octopus, and 3,200g -- Simply-Amelia-Jane heart
exclaim Jack's Joy, Soft Pink Undies, Aquarium Space Robot, Aquarium Hermit Cat -- Korn Ninja Seven heart
exclaim A bunch of items and 630g -- shadowdemon of thriller heart
exclaim 3,000g User Image -- Aquadreamer00 heart
exclaim A bunch of items and 3,000g User Image -- Usuratonkachi18 heart heart
exclaim Grace of Aphrodite User Image -- Checkered Catastrophe heart
exclaim Items and gold~ -- snufflezzz heart heart
exclaim 10,000gUser Image -- Stretchyfan heart heart
exclaim 5k and items~ -- masterblaster43 heart heart
exclaim Itemses~ -- Lilly Orpheus Lloyd heart
exclaim 4k and items! -- penny-4ur-thoughts heart
exclaim Golden Snitch -- Master Englishman heart
exclaim Harry Potter stuff and some items! -- elvira1613 heart User Image
exclaim Itemses! -- king_anarchy3 heart
exclaim 3716g -- savior_of_light777 heart
exclaim Items!<3 -- kerli fan90 heart
exclaim Nicolae's Underwear -- fashion_pixie13
exclaim Octopi and a sequined glove. :3 -- king_anarchy3
exclaim 6,500g -- Raven2364
exclaim Mocha Clothes and sponsor items!+300g -- x_Rainbow-Moon_x
exclaim Othersiders EMF Detector, zebra shoes, & heart shaped box of sweets -- angelgirlx22

~User Image
~User Image

Beloved Gaian

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

User Image~
Throughout the week I will be quoting anyone who says something nice about Gaia and putting them in here for all of the Mods and Admins to see. Let's tell them how much we support everything they've done for us!
However, now that we are spotlighted, it will be increasingly harder to get them all here, so feel free to PM them to me as well if you need. :3
~User Image

Syhne
User Image~
Thank you, Gaia, for all you've done for us. Since 2003 you have been my home and I will continue to support you. This event is only a small token of our appreciation to you and I personally hope to make this an annual thing. Even though we whine a lot, we want you to know that we still love you!
Love always,
Syhne
~User Image

Hell_Tutor
Something nice about gaia?

Thank you Gaia artists, for drawing amusing comics and nifty items, specially the items that allowed me to create a fantastic OC.
Thank you Q and crew for zOMG! and thank you LAnzer, L0cke and the other people, for being patient and persistent.

Happy Tragedy
User Image

If I had any friends to ask, I'd invite them. xD

But, I will wear undies and I will maybe even act as a hostess to the newbies. biggrin DD

Anyways, I just want to thank Gaia for giving me something to do, somewhere for me to rant, etc.
I can post all I want, share what i've made, and talk to people. I want Gaia to be able to support the site without going overboard, so I support this thread! ^o^

I want to thank all the admin, mods, developers, and so forth for all they did to make this site as fun as it is! ,3

i R-a-w-r xoxo
>> You made such a wonderful thread, I'm definitely inviting some friends <3
and @ Jesse :: Yes, please remove the quote! D:

Also, I have a little thank-you letter to the admins ::

I know gaia is tough to handle, and it costs a lot of money, and I for one would like to thank you for keeping it this awesome throughout the years. I've seen many people scolding you all for the free cash offers, but I have also seen you change to try to help people get cash.

I'd like to thank you a lot for the phone payment option for many reasons. One of which is that I live in Canada, and it is so very hard to obtain cash cards around here- I don't even think they are sold here. Another is that I can't quite afford like, $25 to $50 worth of cash at a time so I'm really thankful that you let us buy as low as $1 worth! I don't know if this exactly means other members will buy cash more often, but It certainly means I will!! <3

Thanks again for keeping up and holding strong all this time, I really appreciate all the work you all have put into making gaia into the fun, cool, popular ( & not to mention pretty <3 ) place that it is now! <3

Shima Shinji
Okay, something nice about Gaia? The zOMG team!

They talk with members so much, and some of them are willing to be in a group IM with a few people. At least 80% of the time they get their work done on time (more than I can say for other departments), and are good at explaining the reasons why they made changes. Sometimes even stickies are open to allow for discussion! And most of the users even if they don't agree with decisions made, they still support it because we know that our zOMG devs are working hard!

LimeSky
I just have to once again state just how amazing this whole thing is, and how it shows the only side of Gaia, the good side. Since I have joined, I continue to spend more and more time here, as it is a great place. I think that Gaia is wonderful, always has been, and always will be. Despite all the little things that may go wrong, the big things that count Gaia always gets down. I think this thread as well has really brought to Gaians attention how Gaia is a real company that needs to support itself, and needs our support and help to make it prosper.

All and all, thank you Gaia!

Hannah_Swensen2
thank you admins, mods, and all of gaia's staff! blaugh you have made gaia a safe and fun place to be and you have made gaia the above and beyond. heart thank you heart
i would also like to thank Syhne for helping gaia grow (and b nekid! blaugh blaugh ) also when i sent her a pm with questions she answered when she didn't have to, to make sure i understood! blaugh thank you!!! blaugh

jeney
I think Gaia is great! The events are very interesting and fun! and of course I love getting free (earned) items! The games are great too. I spend a good amount of time playing zOMG! Thanks to the Gaia staff! smile

Bluesander

Nice words about gaia's admin?
You guys are always helpful and never leave a question unanswered. I'm glad Gaia has such active and supporting admins! Keep up the good work heart

Tryna Lia
Well... it's not exactly inexpensive, but I'm in my undies, right? xD I don't think I've done this simple an avi in ages.

Anyways, I thought I should write my little note to the admins too. ;D

To my lufferly admins;

I remember when I was just a little thing, fresh off of Neopets, and I came to the world of Gaia. I remember the old banners, the old art, the old sushi errors that forced me into the habit of copying and pasting my every post before I posted for a good few years after that. But, what was best about the whole experience was that I really grew up on Gaia, joining when I was 12, and now here I am turning 18 at the end of the year. That's almost six years now (oh my!). I've met a ton of great people here, and I have made a lot of fun memories of the times we've all goofed off together; spelling things out in Towns, raiding rallies as animals, and crashing Proms when it wasn't supposed to be open (ahaha, I got all jealous that I missed seeing Fleep there).

So, thank you Gaia for giving me a place on the internet I could enjoy in my spare time, new friends to talk to, and the wonderful memories. <3

The Emoholic
User Image 282/750
Donate Please?...

The gaia admins are the most hard working people in all of the internet!
They work so hard and are great at what they do!

...I'll Love You Forever!
User Image 16/750

angelsnap
for 2years, 2 months and 11 days you gaia have been their to help me express my real me, thank you very much for all the gifts, the golds you gave that made me a better gaia, i know that it was so hard when you put the whole cash thing, because theirs no cash cards selling here but its ok, thank you for the Christmas, Halloweens, Easter, gaia spirit day and all the other events that you have given us thank you very much

jokerMOFO
I would like to thank Gaia and it's staff for giving me somewhere I can escape to. I love the art, I love the games, I love [most of] the people!

heart THANK YOU GAIA heart heart

i'm gettin naked

Darkest Strawberry Angel
Note to Gaia Staff <3
Before I found GaiaOnline, I constantly searching for games or a way to pass time faster. Then I decided to find some online communties. I found lots of WikiQuestions, one of them was stating something like this: "What are some good online communties, like GaiaOnline?" So I decided to join GaiaOnline. I did pass my time, fast! Maybe a little too fast..... Anyhow...The staff created great avatar items <I would love if you created more strawberry items xd > zOMG!, hilarious manga, and events. GaiaOnline provided me with goals, dreams, and ways to express myself. All in all, thank you guys soooooooo much for the wonderful community!!!!!

Always trying to beat zOMG!,
DSA

BrokenBallerina
It has been a wonderfilled experience to be involved with the growth of Gaiaonline. The Gaia original-guys have always focused on what they could do with the community in mind. They think of us first, and profit second, and that is why this community has succeeded. The seeds were planted with love.

One seed can bear an abundance of fruit, and all of us have been rewarded with the fruits of our excellent team of artists - whether it was a programmer of zOMG! or someone who has a cool house in Barton.

My suggestion: On profile-type pages for MSN or Myspace, etc., we can contain a linkie for GaiaOnline or zOMG! Let your friends on your profiles know about GaiaOnline. And, especially tell your grandparents. Seriously - they have $$.
(I know, because I'm one!)

Hopefully we can continue to demonstrate that success is when one cannot tell the difference between their work and their fun.

Thanks so much to allll the folks who participate here,
from the watchers to the doers. *Hugs for our special community.*

Tevokkia
Thank you to the entire Gaia staff for working so hard to make nice items, fun events, and great features for us, and also for putting up with a lot of users' complaining. Just because we b***h and whine sometimes, it doesn't mean we don't love you!

Hug Stealer
::: Thanks for giving us a site that brings joy. From zOMG to Fourms. Those are all great, Sure sometimes some-of-us get mad, but that's because we want this site to improve and be the best! Some-of-us might also be Elitist or worse. You can't fix that, so I forgive you. I hope you guys stay on the interwebs forever. As Me and Many Other people are totally addicted.
Love, Hug Stealer~ :::

:3

Sparklykiss
You know, I haven't done a special message for the admins and creators yet. >.<

Um, hm. I'm horrible with eloquent speeches, so I hope a "YOU'RE SO COOL AND AWESOME! <3 <3 <3" will do.

Keep up the awesome work, Gaia. ;D Not other website has been able to keep my attention and get me to spend like you guys could. ;D

-Sparkly

ysnwkhbs
::Yo Gaia (to the admins, mods, and everyone who makes Gaia what it is today)::

Thanks for keeping gaia alive all these years - although I've been a member for only 2 years (oh shyet, only 2 years?), I'm glad I joined. I know I haven't been a total loyal member - I've been here and away - but Gaia (at times) has made me a happy . . . well, me!
To the zOMG team, thank you for making this interactive game where we can all grow closer together as a community. Although I don't go on a lot (due to the fact that it's very very very slow on my laptop), I appreciate the effort, time, and work put into the making of this game.
I understand how hard it is to keep this site running, with all us immature members always complaining and whining. And you're probably going to continue hearing all those, but we want you to know we love you (member-to-admin/mod/etc way) and that we're very grateful.
Thank you for developing Gaia,
ysnwkhbs (:

(P.S. I'm sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes I made in this letter. ^_^ )

Massacre Night
I absolutely love Gaia and I throughly support this.

Gaia has been a great website since I first joined in 2004. Even now, halfway through 2009, this site is fun. I've met many friends and learned many things. This is a great place to go when your bored. I've made many accomplishments here. I will always support Gaia.

Thank you staff!

Pale-Broken-Wings-2
the gaia staff is very hard working, and even though i hate the new ways to get gaia cash, i will still support them ( i haven't bought gaia cash for a while...) they need to make money too! ^^

Checkered Catastrophe
oooooh~ sumtin' Nice about gaia... hmmm 83

Thanks gaia for being here. you helped me communicate with my friends i havent seen in years!
Ive been here since 06, and Ive loved it, especially all the cute new items you release! >w<
Even though you may have a couple of problems here and there, your still the most visited place i goto! ( exept youtube xD; i go to youtube almost every 15 minites... "orz )

thank you Gaia for being here!
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER 8D

<333333 Checkered Catastropheeee~

ps: imagine im nekkid!!! x3

Caramel_mami406
I dunno if Demon Halo counts as nakie...(come on its super nakie)-lol

gaia has been the perfect outlet for me to express music, poetry, theology and keep in touch with my friends, and its definately more fun (funner?lol) than facebook and myspace put together(tho we can't bash Facebook too much because they have a gaia application-lol).....we don't have homes, cars, and aquariums on myspace nor events like christmas and halloween on facebook, things provided to allow us to meet new people and come together....we more than chat and more than blog and more than fight inanimate animated monsters together here...we learn and have intelligent conversations with people across the world....GROW GAIA!!!

GrannyD
I just love threads....of all types!
Thanks for every little and large thing, Gaia team!

xXAzure KillerXx
i love this idea Gaia is the Best ive never had this much fun on one site i love the admins they are soooo nice if i had a chance to help them out i definitely would cuz they help me everyday thx gaia i love u and ima gonna get nekkid!!!!

VV2234
Giaonline Is Awesome!
heart I Lub Gaia! heart
dramallama

Tekiva
User Image What a great idea! I have had the honor of meeting quite a few of the staff in person and I have to tell you they are truly amazing, hardworking people. I love our staff! Never have I met such a fun and dedicated group of people, they really do try hard to make us all happy. Not an easy thing to do....as we all know. Thank you so much for all you do Gaia, you are all appreciated, every one of you!. heart User Image heart
Much love, Tekiva.

Sabrine_Saiketsu
I'll support this thread. But I can't be nekkid until after tomorrow. I am also doing the Bon Fesitival and I have to be in this outfit or the dead will get mad at me.

Oh and I just wanted to say that what I like about Gaia most is that it lets me keep in touch with my friends when I am visiting my mom. My mom lives in London, UK right now with my step-dad and I live originally in Indiana near the city so when I leave my friends for the summer and Christmas I love having a way to communicate and have fun with them. We can do things like go to movies and walk around towns like we do when I am in Indy here so it makes me less sad when I have to leave them behind because I am not really leaving them behind. I can talk to them anytime on my laptop here on Gaia. That makes me very happy! heart

Also I would invite someone but it was my friends who told me about this place. I was the last to know about Gaia. lol

jokusan13
^__^ Gaia has helped me keep my sanity. I spend so much time working, doing research, and going to school, it's nice to sign on every once and a while and play around. Dressing up my avi is one of my favorite things to do. heart

bobbyp123
*gets naked* whee!!! whee

Thank you staff of Gaia for making such a great game! I have only played a few days and I love it! Please keep making it better and have fun with zOMG, cause I know whatever you do I'll still be addicted to it like a drug!

wolfiecrazy
Dear Gaia staff:
Thank you for making this wonderful site to play on. It is amazing in every way I can see, and then some. I came here after neopets and discovered that this is more amazing than 'virtual' pets will ever be. I have had so much fun in the past three months that I've been here. Thank you.
~Wolfiecrazy

Funkiie Chan

Oke doke....this might sound really cheesy > w <!

Okay...here I go~
I remember that it was the first day of summer of 2006
and I finally got an e-mail address! It was so cool!
I kept on emailing my best friend, but she seemed really busy
because she didn't reply right away. So I asked her what she was doing
and she answered "gaiaonline." At first I was like what is that? so I checked it out
asking for the link from my bestie. When I saw the website[when it was still...oldish. xD]
I was like "WHOA! That is so cool!", but I was still a internet noob back then and I didn't
know how to sign up. Soooo...my friend help me and got me signed up. At first I only PMed
and commented my bestie, but one day I ventured out into the world of forums~ It was
so awesome! I quickly got attached to the art freebies and started drawing. Remember, I was
a internet noob so my art was horrible, but now it has improved 10x! Then I found out about
Towns and then all the other wonderful things that I've been to and made friends with there.

I am really thankful that I joined this website that brought me so many happy memories,
thank you gaia admins, helpers, artists for making my life better in so many ways~

funkiie chan <3

Seshihia
I absolutely love forums like these. And I have been a Gaia lover for almost 5 years now. I absolutely fell in love with this site and the amazing people I find on here every single day.

But that's such an understatement compared to the work and dedication of the staff, zOMG makers, and everyone positively involved with promoting and helping Gaia become a safer, more fun filled place for the tons of new years, past quitters, and people who are tired of all the other personal websites. It's just amazing. This site has grown into something incredible, and I just want to thank the staff and everyone before I start trying to spread word with my friends.

Simply put, Gaia has taken up a huge chunk of my life. But will never wish to take back one minute of it. Because... well. Words seem inadequate to express my feelings. It's either that or I have writer's block.

Growing Gaia for a better community.

~Marlon

smokey5
The admins have done so much for us for so long. I love the changes they've made over the years. I hope to keep Gaia alive for a long time.

Saw Rose
Thank you Gaia Administration for doing such a wonderful job. I have been enjoying this site since Dec. 2008. <3 smile

Cecily17
Gaia has been great for me and my friends to talk freely. And for my less social friends to make friends. I really appreciate Gaia for how it's for everyone.
Love,
Cecily17

11-Beast Boy-11
This is my letter to the gaia admins

Dear gaia admins,

I truly love Gaia! As much as I complain or argue, I will always love you. I joined in 2005 when Gaia started to grow in popularity; it even took over my school!, to the point that Gaiaonline's website got blocked at my school due to everyone literally being on Gaia! That's how popular you were becoming. To me this was a little private sanctuary in the far corner of the internet, it was a diamond in the rough! A place were I could go to have fun and feel safe at the same time. Sure we have problems with hackers, and botting but that's the life of the internet. Yet even with that stuff Gaia still made you feel safe, the best part was that the admins actually listened (and still do XD) and that they care for their users. The second I signed up I was hooked; myspace, twitter, facebook can not even begin to compare on how great and loved Gaia, and it's users are. I've met awesome friends here, i've talked to people from all over the world, I even met my first crush. If someone ever thinks Gaia's admins don't care then take a look around Gaia. They put so much hard work into everything they do here, all the way from the holiday events, to the little updates around the site. Sure we have our disagreements now and then, but no matter what; Gaia will always be Gaia: a fun and safe place to hang, chat with friends, play games, and just be yourself. As lame as this sounds you could say Gaia even helped cure my depression! Gaia has been a wonderful experience and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us here! So I would have to say Thank you Gaia for giving us a free place on the internet to be ourselves, to chat with people, make new friends, offer new opportunities, for listening and caring for your users, and most important: thank you Gaia for just being you! Keep up the good work, I'll be cheering for ya!
heart

sessiseshadow84
hello...i think giaia is a great place to bring and make firends. there's so mush to do here i think it's a great thing. the aquarium is a great touch too. i LOVE gaia!!! heart heart

Naiyala
Thanks for the memories. The Grow Gaia event was fun. 3nodding

And something I can honestly say about Gaia:

I spend most of my time on Gaia, even after the -almost- three years that I've been here. It's a great place to hang out and meet new friends. Sure, there are a few people who act like they need a good kick in the rear. But it's been an enjoyable three years. The avatar system has helped me develop character designs in the past as well as helped me grow as an artist. I definitely shall continue to spend time on Gaia whenever I get the chance. 3nodding

Im A Deamer x_O
i'm sorry if this is too late... but i have something to say, too.

There can not be just one thing that's the best about gaia, but this
is close to that level for me: being part of a world that exists outside of reality. Where people can be friends with others from all over the world with no prejudice between them; and voice their individuality while at the same coming together as a community that cares about it's people and environment-- on-line and off. A place busting with creativity and talent. Not to mention full of color and art in a leauge all it's own. A place lead by an awesome admin, one that never stops working to keep it's wonderland running so smoothly, you forget the even this world's not perfect.

That's why i keep coming back for more. Thank you Gaia Administration and Volunteers, Artists and Crew.
User Image~

~User Image
~User Image

Beloved Gaian

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image~
User Image
This thread looks so lame with me being the only one designing it. I'm an organizer, not a designer. So please help me pretty up this thread to attract the eyes of many.
We also need banners for our signatures to we can get others informed of our idea. There will be a prize for the best banner sig at the end of the event week!
Contest ends Wednesday and a poll will be set up Wednesday. Good luck to everyone! Be sure to get your banners in by Tuesday night at midnight PST. We simply have too many banners already so voting will already be difficult. To dull it down a little, I will get 2 other Gaia members to help me narrow down who the best is then we'll post the top 10 or so in a poll for user voting. I will also disqualify those that are too big to be used in a signature. Thanks to everyone who has made one and I'm sorry to end the contest so early. It's just far too many to keep up with!

Contest is over! Any Entries not already posted or PMed to me will NOT count. Thanks for all who entered and good luck!!

Winners have been Chosen!
Quote:

1st place! 50k User Image
By Ah Key You Key :: Shrunk By A Purple Duckie :: Idea and Payment By Syhne ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/demon_yuki/smaller2.gif[/img][/url]

2nd place!Pirate Sando's Vest User Image
By x-stefii ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q212/Steffihearts/growgaia.gif[/img][/url]

3rd place! Grace of Aphrodite! User Image
By cast the shadows ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu123/midnightonyxwolf/gaiastuff.jpg[/img][/url]

By Dinotoes ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg187/iMuffins/Banners/welcomegaiabanner.png[/IMG][/url]

By Hug Stealer ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-projects/bring-your-friend-to-gaia-and-be-naked-week-july8-15/t.51041487/][img]http://tinyurl.com/n8otyl[/img][/url]

or
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm73/Ryannapu/banner.png[/img][/url]

By prettypaws2000 ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/DogsLuvr35/GrowGaiaBanner01.jpg[/img][/url]

and
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/DogsLuvr35/GrowGaiaBanner02.jpg[/img][/url]

By Ah Key You Key :: ((Paid for by Syhne)) Made Smaller By A Purple Duckie :: (thanks so much!))
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/demon_yuki/smaller2.gif[/img][/url]

By Dinotoes ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg187/iMuffins/Banners/growgaiabanner-1.png[/IMG][/url]

and
User Image
[url=url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg187/iMuffins/Banners/growgaiabutton.png[/IMG][/url]

By Lar-uhh ::
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i44.tinypic.com/d9w6g.gif[/img][/url]

and
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i42.tinypic.com/5pq805.png[/img][/url]

By MinaMouse ::
(This is too big by 300 width and height for your signature, so I would suggest you place it in your profile. ^0^ )
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/minasouris/growgaia.jpg[/img][/url]

By Willamena ::
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/nrcur3[/IMG][/url]

By ShePlaysByEar ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n217/elfin_shadow/NEKKID.jpg[/img][/url]

By xKiwiTastic No U-R-Eshiix ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g152/xoxnarutoxox/GetNakedGrowGaia-1.jpg[/img][/url]

By Wildstarberry ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt254/Wildstarberry/Yay.gif[/img][/url]

By Monster-Kun ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/ghost-love/growgaia4.gif[/img][/url]

and
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/ghost-love/growgaia2.gif[/img][/url]

By The Pepermintcandy ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n157/pepermintcandy/growgaia.jpg[/img][/url]

By PachiiRiisu ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww37/KiaraLu/Other Friends Stuff/growgaia.png[/img][/url]

By faire du leche-vitrine ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/phat_llama/growgaia_faireduleche-vitrine.png[/img][/url]

By TheSilverExplosion ::
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/9325/mybannerglittere8d1e93c.gif[/img][/url]

By i R-a-w-r xoxo ::
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/1668/85755740.png[/img][/url]

and
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2540/19392906695194113.gif[/img][/url]

By Slowly Fading Away ::
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://tinyurl.com/growgaia[/img][/url]

By myarukawa ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp123/myarkw/growgaia.gif[/img][/url]

By Sushi-kaichou ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/AIRanimechiic/growgaia.jpg[/img][/url]

By cast the shadows ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu123/midnightonyxwolf/gaiastuff.jpg[/img][/url]

By Kawaii-Fluffy ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e355/koolkatchynna11/IMVU/growgaiaweek3.png[/img][/url]

By x-stefii ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q212/Steffihearts/growgaia.gif[/img][/url]

By snufflezzz ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm5/agent_old/banner.jpg[/img][/url]

By twilight teacher 101 ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg6/RhiaLenee/banner-1.png[/img][/url]

By bubblexteaangel ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv313/bubblexteaangel/bannergrowgaia.gif[/img][/url]

By ii-Smilezz ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss199/LazyFun/hello-1.gif[/img][/url]

By A Heart Broken Teenager ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/_-Nyoko-_/GROWGAIA.png[/img][/url]

By xVampire-SaKu ::
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://th03.deviantart.net/fs42/300W/f/2009/086/2/b/Happy_Nekkid_Day_by_f8e.jpg[/img][/url]

By Lynneesha ::
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.51041487/][img]http://i29.tinypic.com/29lk606.png[/img][/url]

By Neon-Natzi ::
User Image
[url=http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr82/Neon_Natzi/264589wud7f9xsat-1.gif][img]http://i29.tinypic.com/29lk606.png[/img][/url]

~User Image

Beloved Gaian

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image~
User Image
I want to inform everyone of other events that support Gaia. (Or any other thread you want people to know about. xD ) If you would like to be an affiliate just PM me with a link or your banner and I will send people your way! heart

User ImageUser Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Click to help support a supporter!>>
♫♪♫♪♫
Questing For KiKi Kitty Plushie
200k/700k
Help me and you will be Greatly Appreciated
<<

This is a wonderful thread, there to help out new users. Please visit it if you need anything. :3
F.F.A.N.S.
FF and PA Threads Supporting Newbies
Giving away free stuff!
Newbies, claim your items today!

~User Image

Beloved Gaian

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image~
User Image
Since the actual week isn't for a few more weeks, we need some things to get started.

exclaim So far few have drawn art of an Gaia Staff member. That's one of the biggest things we have to show the staff we support them, so if you can draw (even if you can't) make up a picture of your favorite Gaia Admin or Mod and send me a picture! exclaim
idea If you can't draw then write! I want to quote people telling Gaia how much they love them. Write out a story of how they've helped you before, or just tell them what and why you love about Gaia! They'll appreciate it. :3 idea

exclaim Supporters. They are our biggest need. Without support, we'll fizzle out!
exclaim Donations. I can't do contests without prizes. Please help!
exclaim Banners and Headings. We could use some more pretty things for the first page. Help me spruce it up.
exclaim Anyone who wants to help me keep this organized and under control. I would love to have some help to make sure all of this is running smoothly so PM me if you're willing to work this thing out.
exclaim Ideas. If anyone thinks we need something, tell me! I'll be sure to work something out if possible.
exclaim We need to be an affiliate in some popular threads. Find someone and ask to be affiliated so we can get the word out!
~User Image

Beloved Gaian

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image~
User Image~
User Image
And the winners are....
Gaia Staff Art
1st Place
User ImageAlruna's RoseUser Image
Milliuth
User Image

2nd Place
User Image20,000 goldUser Image
Wildstarberry
User Image

3rd Place
User Image10,000 goldUser Image
Innocently Yours
User Image

Art of the Admin
1st Place
User ImageBox of Totally Innocent ObjectsUser Image
Marfcake
User Image

Contest has been extended due to a misunderstanding!
Here's all of the art drawn for the Staff here at gaia.
I want you to draw art for any staff member at Gaia you want. Examples would be Lanzer, V0, kaia9, and more. There are plenty of Staff members to choose from, so take you pick! If you're having trouble finding one, just go to any forum and click on the View Forum Moderators at the top. :3 (Or check a sticky/announcement!)
I also wouldn't be opposed to art of me. ninja
I will be the one voting on the best art since the poll will be saved for the signatures. I will announce a winner on Friday. So all submissions must be in before 2 AM PST on Friday. :3 (California Time)

User Image You could win Alruna's Rose! heart User Image
Please PM all art to me!
exclaim exclaim You weren't supposed to draw the NPC Admin, so for all of those who did, you will be in a seperate contest. The prize for this contest is less as by drawing the NPC, there is no support for real people shown. Don't despair, and you can always enter more than one piece. :3 exclaim exclaim
-Please draw the staff of Gaia. As in the real live people that work their. The point of this is to show our appreciation to the real people that work there. Thanks to everyone who's drawn so far! :3 -

------------------------Staff Art------------------------

sinonyx :: [x][x][x][x]

Sparklykiss :: [Lanzer+Sparkly]

PachiiRiisu :: [Fleep] [SimplySimone]

Hug Stealer :: [SimplySimone]

DJ Techell :: [Lanzer]

Nara Saya :: [Chibi Halo]

Dine with the Damned :: [DJ Helsing]

SexayPanda :: [Admin+Female Staff]

Mossstripe78 :: [Bellevi]

exlibris007 :: [Siskataya]

JadeXHime :: [Lanzer]

XxMusic_Feeds_my_SoulxX :: [Siskataya]

Innocently Yours :: [ethe]

daisukiotomodachi :: [Siskataya][Lavi]

pocky_lover14 :: [Chibi Halo]

Wildstarberry :: [Lanzer]

DEATH HAS COME FOR U :: [Yuufa]

Milliuth :: [SimplySimone]

--------------NPC Admin Art--------------

User ImageYou could win a Box of Totally Innocent Objects! User Image

Milliuth :: [Admin]

EquineEquus :: [Admin]

Marfcake :: [Admin]

Darkly_Doomed :: [Admin+Self]

Sex Ostrich :: [Admin]

Wildstarberry :: [Admin]

----------------Art of Me!----------------

bubblexteaangel :: [Syhne!]

Nara Saya :: [Syhne~]

sabrinacat415 ::

~User Image

Beloved Gaian

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image~
Underwear Auction
Don't like the same old gray underwear? Nothing to spend your money on? Not sure how to help the cause?
Then buy some underwear from us! We have all sorts here so take your pick! Auctioning starts now and will end July 13th so you have some underwear to brag about.

Every pair not bid on at by July 13th will be donated to a new member who needs nice underwear to be nekkid in. >;3
All bidding is over. I have sent trades to everyone. Please accept them now. :3

Key
Bold bids :: I have sent a trade*
Italicized bids :: They have accepted the trade*
Underlined bids :: I have confirmed the trade*
Strikethrough bids :: They have canceled the trade
*Key can be stacked as each phase is completed

:: Stock ::
--Underwear--
User Image Bid :: 100g -- girl_princess
User Image Bid ::
User Image Bid :: 200g -- doctorfaria
User Image Bid :: 3,000g --memyselfiamweird
User Image Bid :: 300g -- Satsuki_15
User Image Bid :: 100g -- Hannah_Swensen2
User Image Bid :: 250g -- i R-a-w-r xoxo
User Image Bid :: 150g -- Sparklykiss

User Image Bid :: 200g -- marshmellowchef
User Image Bid :: 450g -- doctorfaria
--Bras--
User Image Bid :: 200g -- doctorfaria
User Image Bid :: 300g -- Satsuki_15
User Image Bid :: 100g -- saksak96
User Image Bid :: 100g -- Hannah_Swensen2
User Image Bid :: 150 -- Sparklykiss
User Image Bid :: 200g -- marshmellowchef
User Image Bid :: 300g -- doctorfaria
--Boxers--
User Image Bid :: 10,000g -- Hug Stealer
--NPC's Underwear--
Nicolae's Underwear User Image Bid ::
Nicolae's Underwear User Image Bid ::
Nicolae's Underwear User Image Bid :: 5,000g -- Hug Stealer Outbid :: 6,000g -- leadninja5
Gino's Underwear User Image Bid :: 2,000g -- faire du leche-vitrine
Gino's Underwear User Image Bid ::

~User Image

Beloved Gaian

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image~
Referral Contest
We have some banners for you to put in your signature. So if you were referred here or clicked on someone's banner in their signature, post their name here and they get a chance to win a prize!
For every referral you get, you'll get one ticket to win the prize. On July 19th, I will do a raffle and whichever person I pull will win the prize~

++Referrals++
1] Sinsario
2] HugStealer
3] PQ and Retrosacja
4] prettypaws2000
5] xKiwiTastic No U-R-Eshiix
6] Syhne
7] x-Electric-Love-x
8] Artemis Solie
9] Artemis Solie
10] Syhne
11] Hug Stealer
12] prettypaws2000
13] Sparklykiss
14] Sparklykiss
15] Tadalicious
16] Sparklykiss
17] Tadalicious
18] Dinotoes
19] Dinotoes
20] Syhne
21] LethalEcstasy
22] Dinotoes
23] LethalEcstasy
24] Sparklykiss
25] xSilentTears
26] watreera
27] xSilentTears

Click here to see my rolling!

exclaim Prizes exclaim
+ Ce.Ch.be Embryonic Vial User Image -- 10! Syhne
+ Gee Boi Turbo -- 6! Syhne
+ 30,000gUser Image -- 3! PQ and Retrosacja<3
+ 10,000gUser Image -- 17! Tadalicious~
+ 10,000gUser Image -- 27! xSilentTears!!
Um, so I won the top two prizes...So I'm going to be giving them away today at random! xD Good luck on being chosen by me~ :3

~User Image

Beloved Gaian

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image~
My Views on the Issues
of Gaia
I have had to post and repost why I believe what I do and it gets me heated and unnerved to do so. I enjoy debating but I'm really quite tired of explaining the same thing over and over. So, I'm making a nice handy package for people to refer to so I don't get upset so much.
---------------------------------------------------
exclaim NOTE exclaim
These are my views alone. These are not the views of everyone who supports this event, this is just how I feel on these subjects. I understand if it interferes with you wanting to join, but please don't let how I feel make you not like the idea. :3
Q:Sponsor offers are evil. They give us viruses and we don't want them. How can you be ok with Gaia having these?
A:This is one of the biggest questions lately and I have had to answer a form of this many times already. I am not supporting these offers, I think it would be better if they didn't have them. However, I will not run around bashing them and making my life miserable over it. First, Gaia does need the money and this is a way for them to get it. Second, even though Gaia did it, they got a company that allows filtering. One moderator stated that they looked at many companies and none would let them filter which offers were available. This company makes it so that if you do get scammed or get a virus, you can submit a report to Gaia and they will shut down that offer so no one else has to go through with it. I personally have filled about 10$ worth of offers and have not gotten a virus or scam. Not even junk mail. If you are safe about it, you can do them just fine. However there are only about 10$s worth or offers that you can lie about your name, address, and phone number on. They do not require any other information. I advise against offers needing a credit card, cell phone number, or social security number. You should know not to give out personal information to anyone. Even if it's a company, they are still strangers. Your personal information is PERSONAL. Keep it that way and you can make a few quick bucks without any harm. :3

Q:Gaia is money hungry! Why do you think that they aren't?
A:I live in Florida and here to live a middle classish life it costs 30k per household. In California, for the same lifestyle, it costs almost double that. Gaia has hundreds of workers at their head quarters, almost all of which live in California. So hundreds of people times 60k equals quite a bit. Gaia has to pay each of these workers. They are not being money hungry, they merely need the cash to do what they do. The money they need to travel and do cons adds to this as well. Not to mention the servers they buy and the maintenance costs they pay for. Visit Fleep's journal for more information on this. He makes it quite clear that they do need the money they work so hard for.

Q:The new shop fronts don't work for a lot of users. It causes some users to not be able to use the gold shop at all. Gaia has to change something about this!
A:I do think it would be a nice feature for them to make it optional, however, a few user's misfortune is not worth just doing away with it altogether. An artist put a lot of work into creating the shop fronts in hopes we would enjoy them. And they get negativity in response. Until they do make it optional, you can still access the store inside. The first way is to use the tek tek toolbar. It gives you the option to select the shop directly from the toolbar so you skip the fronts. Another way, if you do not have the toolbar or firefox, is to go to the marketplace. And I don't just mean that you can buy from other users because I am away a greedy few like to place items at a higher cost than the shop. However, when you search an item, Gaia tells you where it is available from in the item info box. It gives you a lovely link to the store that holds the item and even has the item ready for you to preview or buy inside of the shop. It's more work than just browsing around, but it's a good way to make due until the feature is made optional.

Q:EI's are constantly being made. They aren't putting any effort into the gold shop. What should Gaia do about this? How can this be justifiable? Clearly it's more proof of them being money hungry.
A:I do agree that they should do more in the gold shop. My idea is that they should make some evolving items purchasable in the gold shop. However, by being available in the cash shop, it offers buyers the chance for their profit to grow as the rarity and age of an item increases. Gold shop prices are stagnant and offer no profit. But an EI anyone can get seems like a nice idea. :3

Q:It's not fair to have the cash shop. It just allows users to "buy gold."
A:Some users have jobs and families and some users are teenagers that go to school and have the rest of the day and summer to spend on Gaia. The latter of the two users has the time to post and poll and booty grab to get the amount of gold they need for an item. The first one cannot put in the same time and effort. So, the money they earn from their jobs that they have to spend their time at can be used to help better their Gaia experience. I personally have only spent 10$ of my money in the cash shop since I joined in December of 2003. However, I was 12 then and I had the time to post and post and post some more. So I was able to make about the same as the other users. I understand that there are users with the time to post and their parents buy them Gaia Cash but that's just how it is. Some people can get cash and some can't. I've noticed that the majority that cannot get cash are against cash. And I personally feel this is selfish. I cannot afford cash and I am going to college so I cannot put in the same amount of time I used to be able to. But I will not go around arguing with other users because they have something I don't. They earned it one way or another and I will respect that. As much as I hate to admit it, life really isn't fair.

Q:The two percent tax on the MP keeps users from earning the fair amount they deserve. It is unnecessary and I don't agree with it being there.
A:Now I really feel people are fetching for an excuse to be angry when they bring this one up. First of all, it's 2%. If you do not like it, you can always sell it in the exchange. And some people are willing to PM you to buy the item removing the tax so no one loses money on it. As well, it was put in place to help with inflation. The tax helps keep users from wanting to price something say in the millions because their tax will be in the hundreds of thousands. I'm not completely sure this is the reason it helps with inflation, but that's my take on it. If anyone can help me out with this (or provide a link for where the moderator stated why we needed that tax) I would love you forever. ;3

Q:Gaia cares too much about cash and doesn't try at all to make the community better! We should have administrators in the forums reading around for feedback on the site all the time to make Gaia a better place as we see it.
A:Gaia -always- works in our best interest. They do everything to make sure we want it that way. As well, Gaia needs the money they push so hard to get. If we were to get new staff for this instead of making new items or updating zOMG!, etc, then they would need more money to pay the new staff to skim through the forums. Thus they would have to push harder to get more money from us. Mmm, cycles. If you want them to pay more attention to the community, why not do something to help them get the money? So you can't throw your wallet at them. So you can't put all your time into helping users out so the administration has time for other things. So you can't work for Gaia to help them out. That's what this event is all about. We are going to bring our friends to gaia. We hope that this will give more income to Gaia so they don't need the offers or need to push so hard with the cash shop.

Have more questions? PM me! I'd be happy to add them here. :3

klubkyd
I have been involved in both sides of the debate on Gaia. My initial perspective was that Gaia was a money hungered uncaring corporate conspiratorial demagogue interested only in stuffing its voracious maw with as much cash and drinking as deeply as it could from the credit cards of its unknowledgeable members parents. This idea was only countered when I began working with a group on my campus. This group put together a cable show and internet blog. What I discovered was that the costs attributed to the internet blogging matched and at times exceeded the cost of the cable show! Armed with this knowledge, I revisited my favorite hangout. Since this change of heart I have posted on several occasions how the cost of running Gaia far outstrips the contributions of its members, and I have done as much as I could to aid Gaia with my monies.
I apologize for quoting some of the questions I saw without acknowledging the persons (I rewrite and spell-check all my posts in a different program). I will say emphatically the views I am listing are my own and not attributed to any other person or individual. With this in mind please feel free to contact me if you have any issues or comments I am always open to debate. Now to respond to some of the most common inquires…
Q: Sponsor offers are evil. They give us viruses and we don't want them.[ /b]
A: While I am sure many people will doubt this, I am sure that Gaia checked the sponsor programs prior to releasing them. Furthermore, (although I have not used them) I know several people who have utilized these sponsor programs with no adverse issues.
Q: Gaia is money hungry!
A: I live in California where I have a first row seat to the largest meltdown of a state in the history of our country. The cost of living here has soared, the cost of healthcare has skyrocketed, the cost of transportation has exploded. This COMPANY has EMPOYEES cannot afford to work on the pittance which a handful of members chooses to donate of (often times) their monies on a sporadic monthly basis. The last time I checked the majority of users was not contributing fifty to one hundred dollars monthly to maintain Gaia. Fleep's journal is a great resource of information about the in and outs of Gaia as well as the other employee journals. Reading these will clarify what is being worked on and the reason things are taking the time they are in simple terms read before you complain.
Q: EI's are constantly being made. They aren't putting any effort into the gold shop. How can this be justifiable? Clearly it's more proof of them being money hungry.
A: Gold shops versus EI’s seems to be a common thread, but perspective and common sense can aid with understanding this complex and misguided situation. GOLD SHOP ITEMS REQUIRE MUCH LESS WORK AND MAINTENANCE THAN DO EVOLVING ITEMS. As the name states these items must evolve, so this means they must be checked, rechecked and then checked again to ensure that they will work when they are released to the 1million plus Gaia members. Whereas gold shop items only need to be made once and checked twice (male and female) before they can be released. Furthermore, there is a desire for the items to be more and more androgynous, more colorful, more bright, more dark, more, more, more… whatever.

Q: It's not fair to have the cash shop. It just allows users to "buy gold."
A: I doubt that most people reading this could keep up with my daily schedule (classes from 10:30am – 6:00pm followed by 4 hours of study 4 days a week, and 8-10 hours studying on the “off days”), I have done quite a bit of posting on Gaia but I have a college degree I am perusing so there are many occasions when I do not have a few free hours to hang out on Gaia posting in the forums, and playing the games and hanging in zOMG or any of the other things people do to make gold on Gaia. I therefore make my contribution by making purchases and selling the items I do want after a time in the marketplace. Is it fair no…

Q: The two percent tax on the MP keeps users from earning the fair amount they deserve. It is unnecessary and I don't agree with it being there.
A: 2% are you joking…you are really complaining about 2%, let’s see 2% on 1 gold hmm Gaia doesn’t calculate that, 2% on 10 gold Gaia doesn’t calculate that either. 2% on 100 OH 2gold, well the least amount one receives from the daily chance is 5 gold. Hmmmm, let’s look at the reasons this tax was implemented (I apologize I could not find the original post either). I have a really cool item from the dc, say a fish. I know it is not very populated in the mp, I can charge 1,000,000 for mine and get rich right now well when I see the 20,000 fee I pay (if someone buys it) I will think twice. There were other reasons as well but that was a major one.

Q: Gaia cares doesn't try at all to make the community better, administrators should be in the forums reading feedback.
A: Fleep just released an upgrade to the dc. The issues in town were handled with most users not even knowing there was ever a problem. The Easter event was enjoyed by all who participated, as was the Prom. There was an upsurge of users during these events did Gaia crash? People who make these types of comments never seem to consider the fact that each and every time they sign into Gaia it loads. I have heard it said that Gaia always works in our best interest; I know this is true because when me or my family turn on the computer in whatever state we are in we can find each other. Gaia pays their staff, supplies original artistic items, generates and maintains a free MMRPG, offers storage space for over a million clients and never charges them a cent. Of course they need money. They need money to update zOMG, to keep the forums and guilds and dc and mp all running. Why not do something to help? I do. That's what this event is all about. Bring your friends from facebook, and myspace, and twiter and all of the oher hanfouts you go too to Gaia. The hope is that by you bringing your friends to this community Gaia staff can concentrate on bringing us the besty world possible and spend less time asking for our support.

darkdoom227
You noted that you would appreciate if anyone could PM you with more information regarding why Gaia taxes sales in the marketplace. Here are my thoughts. I've formatted them so you can quote them directly if you wish.

Gaia, like the real world, has its own economy. Money on Gaia is not unlimited. Some of you may think that Gaia Moderators and Administrators can just "create" more gold and hand it out to the users, but this is not true. Consider this: if every user had 1,000,000 gold, then anyone could get Alruna's Rose with ease. Thus, as in the real economy, Alruna's Rose would no longer cost 120K, but 120,000K. >.< The starter clothes that you get for free with your avatar? They'd grow to cost 1,000,000 gold. Yes, it is true. Inflation is present even within virtual economies such as Gaia. Now some of you may ask "What does this have to do with the tax??" I want you to ask yourselves where the money for the Daily Chance comes from, or where the Overseer's gifts come from, or prizes for games... The Gaian Economy pays for those. If you consider Gaia to be a society, then the moderators and administrators would act as the government. Like any government, they need to have income as well as expenses. The tax in the marketplace serves as Gaia's income. Without it, we could not receive all of those wonderful gold bonuses we get just for surfing the site. Not without serious inflation, anyway. So before you complain about those taxes, consider: Would you really want to lose all of the free stuff Gaia gives out? Would you really want Alruna's Rose to cost 1,200,000K??

Hope this helps you out.

~User Image

Beloved Gaian

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image~
Houses!!

Syhne's House :: [x]

Happy Tragedy's Ice Cream Parlor :: [x]

i R-a-w-r xoxo's House :: [x]