Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone liked the Alchemist event. It's the first time we can actually offer a good book title for Gaians to read. Well, reading's not as sexy as watching the latest anime, but there's just something I love about reading. smile

What are your favorite novels?

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Hey, guys! Hope everyone had a good weekend, and that you've given some gold to those poor, poor shopkeepers.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)
Didn't have time to read the book. >_> Too busy playing zOMG!

1: A lot of Gaians have been wanting a music shop and a weapons shop for a while now? Is there anyone considering adding these shops to the list of NPC stores that we currently have, anytime soon?

2: Can we start getting more items of neglected colors? (specifically teal, orange, pink, purple, green, and pastels) / Will we ever see the inverse shoes, cap, top, and pants recolored in a simple black/white, in a (now long overdue) store update? / Will we be getting more plaid clothes in any shop updates, soon?

3: Will we ever get hair in more than one color again, like the Punk Streak styles?

4: Since a lot of people have been asking for free Gaia Cash, will the Decided Issues sticky ever be updated with reasons why this would be impossible to implement?

To other staff:

1: How do you feel about Jehovah's Witnesses?

2: If you were stuck on a deserted island, which NPC would you want to be stranded with, and why?

Dedicated Gaian

11,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
Hiya everyone!
FIRST PAGE >: D
Woo First i would like to say HI Hope You Guys
had a good Week 3nodding and I have a few Questions I must have answered : D!
For starters I was wondering why other devs and admins don't come to the AtA is it
because they don't have time or they choose not to?
Also I was wondering if it was possible to maybe be able to add a note to when
someone try's to add you for example "I only add people i know" and stuff like that?
Well that's about all i have to say...for now that is ;D
This is my first ATA, but I was wondering,
This question is for any developer who knows the answer:
I don't come by a lot of money, so when I can get a Cash Card, it's a big thing for me. However, being that there are so many items, and not enough GC, I sometimes have to quest or have items donated to me. I was wondering if you were going to have anymore of those EI and Aquarium bundles at a low price, probably 1000 GC or so. I definantly would buy them when I had the Cash, and I think it would allow even those with not so much GC to have at least one of each EI.

Also, for Lanzer:
I am an aspiring game designer, but one thing I also wanted to do was CG video animation, but I lack a bit for inspiration, when a question hit me:
What are your plans for the arenas? I had some ideas for some submissions, but I was thinking in terms of animation, rather than houses or art. If someone created a fan-made animated video for Gaia using avatars or NPCs as characters, only in CG, what would you do?
First page, w00t!
Hello, hope everyone’s having a nice day.

I have a few questions.

1. The new Aquarium Quest has not been working for many of us since it came out. Is this going to be fixed? And, if this quest doesn’t work now, will future Aquarium Quests not work for me either?

For the first 12 days, I was stuck at “Accept Quest”. Barrett wouldn’t show up for me after that no matter how many times I clicked the “Q”. Now he’s stuck on me naming the fish. For some reason he doesn’t recognize that I’ve named them. Plus the names do not stay saved. Which I guess is why he keeps telling me to name them.

2. Are you going to keep sell-back in the shops just as it is now? I hope so. Putting sellback in the inventory is ok if you want to do that. But I have to wait for the entire list to load before I can click on anything and I have 2 pages in my equip tab alone. I prefer the simple sell-back in shops where with one click of the back arrow I’m right at the items I’m most interested in selling. I like the feature as it is now in shops. Please keep it.

3. Could you please put cheap sell-back prices for items that we get flooded with in the DC and Overseer? I’m talking about items like Leviathan’s grace etc… that do not sell for gold in the shops. We get soooo many of these that they don’t sell in the market and end up clogging up our inventories. We just need a way to clear up the excess. I’m not saying you need to sell them for gold. Just let us sellback for even a small amount of gold to clean them out of our inventory.

4. Will you be able to make it possible to Arranges items in my inventory in tabs like “Equip” and not only the overly massive “ALL” tab?

I do want to mention that I am very happy to finally be able to get into my Inventory Arranger. It has been months and months since I last got in. Now with the new updates to the arranger, I’ve finally started to tidy up the mess it’s in. Though I do wish I could arrange in the “Equip” tab and not just the “All” tab. The game, house, car, aquarium, and zOMG items really slow down my efforts. I’d like to be able to arrange each of them in their own separate tabs. There are so many of them, it takes forever to get my equip items passed them and put them where I want them. It is literally taking me days and weeks to try to tidy up my inventory.

Thank you.

Friendly Sex Symbol

11,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

Question 1
The department which is working on GIM (Gaia Instant Messenger) what is their current priorities list for either updates or bug fixes. I must ask because since the launch of zOMG the "Clan Chat" game feature which runs from GIM is always experiencing strange bugs the most common are chat lag or no functionality to users.

When can we see better performance from GIM?

Question 2
How exactly does the community spotlight work these days. I mean I have seen several features on public threads which promote something in general like friendship etc

Will battle clans also get a chance to be featured? *cough* points at signature banner *cough*

Question 3
Are the Admins or developers allowed to join zOMG battle clans? If yes would you join one if you (directed at all staff) are playing zOMG.

7,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Voter 100
Why hallo ther!
This is my first AtA. biggrin
That book was an event? O.o

These questions have been buggin me. And I know they aren’t terribably important.

Where did Ian’s Trial forum go? Will it come back somewhere on the site. It’s not in the memorable threads where the other event forums are.
Are you ever going to fix the broken pictures in Gambino’s journal?
I know most people don’t care but is the Deluxe boquets ever going to be fixed? Some poses currently layer behind the avatar.
Will the loser shops disappear if the fail to reach the goal?
Can we get moar pokemonz?

Oh, and can I come visit the Headquarters sometime seeing as I go to school in Santa Cruz? Do you ever come down here? And what's that Great America theme park like up there?
User ImageLast week i asked if we were ever going to get another active item your answer was: "what's an active item?"

Seriously lanzer how could you forget this guy:User Image

Ok now that you know what an active item is cool i'll ask again....

Are we going to get more active items?

Extragalactic Officer

15,240 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Partygoer 500
Hey Gaia Crew.
How was everyone's weekend? Are you guys ready for summer?
Anyway done to buisness.

1. Will there ever be a darker skin for vampires?
2. Has the titan's legacy actually finished evolving?
3. When will the next event start?
4. Will gaia ever have jobs?
5. When will zomg move out of beta?
6. Will there ever be a legit manga based off of gaia?

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
First, I would like to thank the team for being so dedicated. Regardless of all the whining from your users (seriously, put on a helmet when you come into SF, guys!), you all genuinely seem to care about what your users want, and I think the community has flourished for that reason. In rough times, Gaia has always been my home, and I look forward to being able to repeat that in the years to come.

OKAY MUSHY MUSH OVER. QUESTIONS NOW.

RE Towns & Homes
• Will there ever be a way to “reserve” neighborhoods on Towns so that friends can group their homes together again? I would pay cash for the privilege to have 24 hours to have several friends place their homes near mine. gonk heart

• Will there be any cash shop house items in the future? (I hope so!)

• Any plans to allow users to expand their houses even further?

RE Guilds
• Any plans to add guild posts to users’ past posts? Perhaps having an option to hide posts from certain guilds (or hidden/private guilds or posts in crew-only subforums) from your post history?

• Any plans to allow users to purchase ad time to perhaps advertise their guild? I vaguely remember having ads for threads in the past.

RE Items
• CLIPBOARDS. Please, please, give me some clipboards. gonk You know I love you, artists. Love me back.

• I desperately hope there are some ideas for some new Harry Potter themed items (knock-offs, I should say.) If you dumped a bunch in the Cash Shop around the sixth movie’s release (this July) for a range of prices, I can almost guarantee users will suck them up like pixie sticks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff