Visitor count <3

+1 1 100.0% [ 157 ]
Total Votes:[ 157 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 104 105 106 > >> >>> »|

User Image

:: Movin' On Up :: OC Art Contest

User Image

Welcome to Movin' On Up, my graduation art contest~
Pull up a chair, grab some punch, and let's get this party started!

After four long years, I'm finally ready to graduate and kiss high school goodbye.
I've had both good and bad times over the last few years, but one thing is for sure: I'm going to miss it, at least a little.
So in memorial of the supposed "best years of my life," I'm holding this small art contest. ^^
This is also, for all intents and purposes, a celebration of my high school graduation.

What is this contest all about?

There is a bit of a story behind this art contest, one which involves my original characters at their best.
Due to a freak accident involving one of Seiko's crazy inventions (see The Story),
the trio finds themselves ten years younger and ready to go back to high school,
and their poor nephew, currently a freshman, is dragged along for the ride.

Thus, the goal of this contest is to capture my characters in all their pubescent glory and, hopefully, to capture the essence of high school itself.

Now I welcome you, talented artists and chatting travelers alike, into what will become my humble home for the next few months.
So hang with me if you would like, look over the rules, share your high school stories, and most importantly, have fun!
User Image

User Image

07/08 - Gave the thread a make-over : D
07/07 - Added a new link button
05/02 - Added new banner and side images
04/25 - Changed contest name
04/22 - New Giveaway added
04/20 - Character information updated
04/18 - Thread created ^^

I would like to thank chipyun, deathshadowEXE, ll - d i s c o - ll, Ornithogale, Sizerly, Raine Swordmaster, OffSide7, and Kenichi Seiji for the art featured here. I would also like to thank PatBenatar1 and Sin Marai for the edits featured here.

User Image
User Image

The contest will run from...
May to August 31st

The contest will not end until at least 15 entries have been submitted.
Therefore, these dates may be modified as needed.

User Image

1. Follow Gaia's Terms of Service.
2. No page stretching.
3. No harassing the creator of this thread.
4. Do NOT insult any of the artists.
5. Absolutely no begging.
6. Do NOT enter art that is not your own.
If I find out, you will be disqualified and reported immediately.
7. Do NOT steal/copy any of the art that is submitted.
8. Look over all of the references provided.
They are there for a reason.
9. Read this entire post carefully.
If you have questions not answered here, please ask.

I reserve the right to add rules as deemed necessary.

User Image

How many entries can I submit?
As many as you would like!

Can I win more than one category?
A single piece cannot win more than one category, but an artist can.

What types of media are you looking for?
Being the art whore that I am, I love all art.
Anything you can put together that resembles my characters is accepted.

Can I submit avatar edits and/or dolls?
I'm not really looking for avatar edits or dolls of my characters for this contest, but I'm always looking for these and would love to commission you.
Just talk to me if this is something you would like to do.

What should my entry be of?
Your entry should pertain to one of the categories.
This means that the subject has to be one or more of the characters listed here.

Can any character be in the same picture as any other character?
Yes. You can view their relationships to each other by clicking the button with the faces on it in each of their posts.

Can I come up with new outfits for them?
Most definitely! The Outfits and Hairstyles reference in each post can be used as a guideline for the kind of style the character has, but feel free to create your own outfits for them.

Is it okay if my entry is watermarked?
If you would like to watermark your entry for display in the Entries post, that's fine.
However, you should send me an unwatermarked copy, as well.

Will anyone be directly linking to my artwork?
Nope. I will save all entries to my own computer and host them myself.

May I do a collab with a friend and enter it?
Of course! Just make sure to include both names in the submission form and have a plan ready to divide up any prizes the entry may win.

*How do I submit my entry?*
To submit your entry, fill out the form below with the appropriate information and PM it to me, broken_angel. Please use my UserID, 91498, to send all PMs.
Make sure your art isn't copied or stolen!

[color=gray]Hey, look, I drew something! <3
[b]Name(s):[/b]
[b]Character(s) shown:[/b]
[b]Theme:[/b] (if applicable)
[b]Title:[/b] (optional)
[b]Image URL:[/b] [/color]

User Image
User Image

Main Categories

First Place
The best piece of art submitted will win this prize.
This can be of any character(s) and can involve a theme or not.

User Image
:: 200,000g ::

Second Place
The second best piece of art submitted will win this prize.
This can be of any character(s) and can involve a theme or not.

User Image
:: 100,000g ::

Best Group
The best piece of art that features more than two characters will win this prize.
It can be of any combination of characters and can involve a theme or not.

User Image
:: 100,000g ::

Best Couple
The best piece of art that features two characters will win this prize.
It can be of any combination of characters and can involve a theme or not.

User Image
:: 50,000g ::

Other Categories

Most Creative
The piece of art that stands out as the most unique and creative will win this prize.
Any piece is eligible for this prize, including group, couple, and themed pictures.

User Image
:: 10,000g ::

Best Character
The piece of art that best portrays the character(s) featured will win this prize.
Any piece is eligible for this prize, including group, couple, and themed pictures.

User Image

Funniest
The piece of art that stands out as the most clever and amusing will win this prize.

User Image

Most Adorable
The piece of art that seems the cutest or portrays the best "aww" moment will win this prize.

User Image

User Image

These themes represent some of the important events and activities in high school
that my characters would probably participate in.
It's completely optional to use one of these themes for your piece.

Best Sports Game
User Image
:: 25,000g ::

Best Theater Production
User Image

Best Prom
User Image

Best Graduation
User Image

User Image

No artistic talent? Bored? Hungry for gold?
Join the bumping contest!

The person with the highest number of bumps by the end of the contest will be declared the winner.

Rules:
1. You may only bump once per post.
2. Number your bumps. Do NOT try to cheat!
The first miscounting will result in a warning; the second time will result in disqualification.
3. Try not to bump excessively when conversation is going on.

Prizes:
First Place :: 10,000g
Second Place :: 5,000g

Top Bumpers:

xXxMiseryxXx - 120
shade_kid_01 - 105
Lilmisteek - 95
Chii_Asakura - 45

User Image
User Image

User ImageJames took another sip of his tea as he skimmed through the newspaper.

It was a peaceful day in the Bryant household, which was a particularly rare find in a house inhabited by a book-loving ninja, a gun-wielding vigilante, a demonic boxing champion, and a knife-throwing teenage kid. All was well today, he thought; his brother, Anomen, was watching some wrestling match on television; his nephew, Caine, was doing his algebra homework; and his wife, Seiko, had been working on a project, probably some new little invention, for the past few days. James wondered for a moment what it might be, but he knew that she would tell him soon enough. She's too proud of her inventions to let them go unnoticed for long.

Just as he was about to return his thoughts to the paper, he heard a yell coming from her "laboratory," as she called it. Right on cue, he thought.
"Oi!" she yelled, "James, Ani, come here. I've got something to show you!"

Upon entering the messy, wire-strewn room with his brother reluctantly following behind him, he noticed at once the enormous arch-like figure in the center of the room. The second thing he noticed was Seiko, beaming over her completed invention, covered in stains of all sorts. He frowned slightly; she was wearing one of his favorite work shirts.

"So, what do you think?" she asked, neither noticing nor caring about his expression.

"Er...what is it?" responded Anomen hestitantly. James was a bit glad that he asked, for he was just as stumped as his brother.

"It's a time machine, of course!" she exclaimed as if it was as clear as if she had shown them an apple, and they both winced. She went on, "To put it simply, you just step in the middle there, input the coordinates of where you want to go on the time-space continuum, and press go. With this machine, we could take a vacation to any time period, any at all. We could go back and visit the dinosaurs, watch the American Civil War, or even see the world three hundred years in the future. Sounds fun, yes?"

His brother nodded enthusiastically, but James wasn't going to buy it; he always had to be the voice of reason in this family. "That sounds very interesting and all, honey, but how do you know that it works? After all, you're not the first one to try to build a time machine."

"Well," she started in a matter-of-fact way, obviously unfazed by his doubt in her abilities, "we're going to try it out ourselves."

He thought that sounded like a very bad plan. "Honey, I really don't..." he tried to protest, but she had already grabbed both his and Anomen's arms, pulled them under the arch with her, and started typing into the console beside it. "Let's start with something simple, shall we? Ten years should be sufficient..."

The machine started making a whirring sound as the air around them started shifting. He shut his eyes tight against the air whirling around them, but fortunately, it stopped a moment later. Filled with apprehension, he slowly opened his eyes only to discover with a great deal of relief that they were still in the same room and nothing had changed.

Before he had the chance to look around and make sure that Seiko and Anomen were alright, the door opened and Caine walked in, his head buried in his algebra textbook. "Hey, Aunt Seiko, I was wondering if you could help me with this..." He stopped mid-sentence as he looked up. "Woah...what happened to you guys?"

James quickly looked at the others, then down at himself, and realized that the machine had, in fact, worked, though not quite the way his wife had intended. Rather than their surroundings being sent back ten years in time, they themselves were ten years younger.

"Hmm...this is an interesting complication," she said simply.

"What the heck happened to us?!" exclaimed Anomen. James smirked to himself; his brother obviously wasn't very happy about suddenly needing to change his dinner plans. After all, his date probably wouldn't believe him if he told her that he had been turned into a seventeen-year-old boy after a freak accident...

"It seems that the plasma particles were redirected within the arch instead of the surrounding space. This is most unfortunate," she replied, seeming more concerned about the malfunction of her machine than their current predicament. Upon seeing the looks they gave her, however, she said, "It'll take a while to fix to where the machine can safely age our cells to their original position."

A large grin suddenly spread across her face; she must have thought of an idea, James mused. "Until I can fix the machine, we might as well enjoy ourselves," she said cheerfully.

He had almost forgotten about Caine, but it was difficult not to notice the look of horror on the poor boy's face as realization dawned on him. It wasn't long before James knew that the same look was mirrored on his own face. She couldn't possibly be thinking that they actually...

"High school, here we come!" she proclaimed, pointing her finger in the direction of the school as if commanding an army. Caine groaned, Anomen grimmaced, and James simply rolled his eyes. It always amazed him how he managed to get himself into these situations.

And so it began...

User Image

User Image

Here is a quick key for the icons and symbols used on this page.

User Image Background
This gives a brief history of the character. It includes bits of information such as where they were born and where they grew up, how they came to be where they are now, etc. Information may change at my discretion.

User Image Character Sheet
This shows a good, general reference for the character. It points out physical features as well as specific details, such as tattoos and important accessories. This is a must-see reference for any artist planning to draw a character.

User Image Outfits and Hairstyles
This is another important reference that shows various outfits, costumes, and hairstyles for the character. It gives a good idea of the character's style, and artists are free to mix and match outfits and hairstyles or even make up their own.

User Image Relationships
This is an important tool for any artist who is planning on drawing a couple or group picture. It shows how each character is connected to the others and describes how they interact with one another.

User Image Weapons
This is a simple picture and description of the character's weapon, plus a few added references of poses and such in some cases. It will be helpful for artists interested in drawing action poses.

Thank you to Stonewaltz for the awesome buttons. <3

User Image
User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Click the buttons to view important references!

User ImageUser ImageName: Seiko Inumi Bryant
Hair: long, black
Eyes: emerald green
Personality: She is curious, intelligent, very proud, and remarkably strong-willed.

Hobbies/interests: reading, inventing, experimenting, loves to tinker with machines
Favorite color(s): black and green
Favorite place: the study, which she calls her "laboratory"
Favorite subject(s): math and science
Favorite sport(s): tennis and gymnastics

Love interest: James
Random fact: English isn't her first language, so she sometimes has a hard time reading books written in English, but she loves the challenge of trying to read them anyway.

User Image User Image User Image

User Image
User Image

User ImageUser ImageName: James Bryant
Hair: straight, blonde
Eyes: bright blue
Personality: He is generally serious and polite, though amusingly sarcastic at times,
honorable when it counts the most, and very adventurous.

Hobbies/interests: reading, writing, hiking, loves to watch people interact with each other
Favorite color(s): white, silver, blue
Favorite place: outside, specifically the yard or a nearby park
Favorite subject(s): English and psychology
Favorite sport(s): baseball and tennis

Love interest: Seiko
Random fact: He has traveled to over a dozen different countries and knows how to speak several phrases of the languages of each.

User Image
User Image

User ImageUser ImageName: Anomen Lector
Hair: medium-length, black
Eyes: bright blue
Personality: He is tough, aggressive at times, a little sentimental at others,
and all too aware of his handsome appearance.

Hobbies/interests: boxing, playing guitar, cooking, loves to flirt and joke around
Favorite color(s): black and red
Favorite place: a nearby bar cafe
Favorite subject(s): P.E. and music
Favorite sport(s): football and wrestling

Love interest: Aukinora (ask for info.)
Random fact: He's completely blind in his left eye, even though there's nothing physically wrong with it.

User Image
User Image

User ImageUser Image
Name: Caine Watson
Hair: short, brown
Eyes: dark blue
Personality: He is clever, independent, a bit depressing, but has an extraordinarily strong sense of duty.

Hobbies/interests: sketching, reading, debating, loves to walk around and draw what he sees
Favorite color(s): brown and purple
Favorite place: the graveyard
Favorite subject(s): art and history
Favorite sport(s): track and swimming

Love interest: none, make one up ^^
Random fact: His favorite objects to draw are trees because they represent strength and stability in life.

User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
User Image

All of the entries submitted to the contest so far will be posted here.
Thank you to all of the wonderful artists~

Overall

"James on Art" by iHomosapien
"Rose" by kezia of the chains
Caine by Maricrism
Seiko by Maricrism
"Bookworms" by ClearWillow
Seiko by Erlyn
Seiko by arashi-chan12
James and Seiko by Kenichi Seiji
"Off to High School" by Hikarisoul16
Seiko by Orenji Remon
James and Seiko by FIZZELLET101
"Let the Music Breathe" by DJ Hykitsune
Seiko by FIZZELLET101
Seiko by yumiko6a
James and Seiko by Labyrinth Daedalus

Themes

"Seiko and the Tennis Game" by Cazey07
"Go Anomen Go" by elyshamira
James and Seiko by siti_hajar

User Image
User Image

A Prize for Every Entry!

I believe that every piece of art I receive is special, and the artist is entitled to get something for it.

So for every entry you submit, I will send you a free, graduation-related item. ^^
These are mostly exchanged prizes from the Word Bump game.

Here's how it works:
1 entry :: Bachelor's Cap
2 entries :: Bachelor's Gown
3 entries :: Master's Cap
...etc.

As soon as I receive your entry, I'll send you the item as a gift.
I may forget, so if I do, just gently remind me and I'll send it right away. :3

Snag an Ani Scribble!

The first poster (other than me) on every 10th page will receive a free Ani Scribble of their choice. ^^

There are two style options available for the winner: headshot or chibi.
The art can be of either an avatar or an OC with a good reference (preferrably a TekTek avatar or avatar edit).
The winner can also choose what color they would like it to be. :3

Winners

LilMisteek - pg. 20
LilMisteek - pg. 30
LilMisteek - pg. 40
Chii_Asakura - pg. 50
shade_kid_01 - pg. 60
elyshamira - pg. 70

Guess the Number of Halos!

In the jar below, there are somewhere between 1 and 2009 Mythrill Halos.
Guess the number correctly and the Mythrill Halo is yours!

Please post your guess in the thread and tell me that that's what it is.
You only get one chance, so make it count!

User Image

I'll keep track of the guesses posted and whoever gets the closest by the time the contest is over wins.
If someone guesses it exactly, then the contest will end automatically and that person will win.

Current Estimates

1-800-Hell - 1
shadami - 37
kezia of the chains - 387
ClearWillow - 666
Pony Juice - 888
Midnight Colored Sharppi - 935
Namien Kan - 1500
shade_kid_01 - 1991
elyshamira - 1995
Elamye - 2003
siti_hajar - 2008
iHomosapien - 2009

User Image
User Image

300x200
User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.49187521/]
[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/MaskedBunny/Schools Out/MainBanner.png[/img][/url]

280x115
User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.49187521/]
[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/MaskedBunny/Schools Out/ContestLink.gif[/img][/url]

200x40
User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.49187521/][img]http://tinyurl.com/cwfhf2[/img][/url]

88x31
User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.49187521/][img]http://tinyurl.com/db2g8b[/img][/url]

User Image

If you would like your thread to be linked here, just let me know via PM or in the thread. ^^
I would prefer only 200x40 banners, so if your banner is larger than that, I'll make a small one for you.

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image

- reserved -

- reserved -

Posting allowed~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items