Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Streaker 200
User Image

User Image
Welcome to Scattered Pages, my second art contest here on Gaia! Please pardon the dust, I am still tidying things up and getting character pages up. But feel free to chat and welcome to the thread!

Start Date: February 6th, 2013
End Date:March 10th, 2014

User Image

1. Navigation
2. Intro and Rules
3. Prizes
4. Mini Contests
5. Entries
6. How to Enter
7. Storybooks (What to Draw)
8. News
9-15. Reserved
16. Links

5,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Streaker 200
User Image

There are stories scattered through the traces of time, written by people and brought to life by imagination. Then there are pictures that bring these moments to life, capturing a place that is real only to the mind. These are the scattered pages of some of those stories, and these are the moments we seek to be preserved by art.

Welcome to Scattered Pages, an art contest hosted by myself, The Clockwork Mouse. I'm an author and an artist, and I have been on Gaia for gees, seems like forever now! This is my Second art contest! Well overdo, I believe. I have been saving up for this, and will continue to until the contest ending. I hope to hold monthly contests up until the end just to inspire some creativity along the way!

For this contest, there will be several 'Books', which feature characters from stories, RPGs, or characters from here on Gaia (like my beloved avatar!). I will keep tidying this up as I go along.

User Image

Annnd the boring part.

1) Please listen and respect people. This is more than a contest to me, it is like inviting a bunch of my friends over for dinner! While we can have fun, please don't get out of hand and trash the place! Use appropriate language, don't be mean to others, and have fun.

2) Don't steal my work!!!! I think that's a given. I put a lot of work into my characters and if I find out you took them I won't be very happy. I won't steal yours, so don't take mine!

3) Please read the character descriptions carefully. The challenge is to capture who they are, and the description can help you do that

4) Don't plagiarize! I feel this is a given, but give credit where credit is due. If you're using references, don't copy them, and let us know what you used. Keep in mind, photography is art too. If you're using pictures heavily to compose your piece, you are copying someones art so be careful about it.

5) I have the right to add to the rules. This rule is just because i don't think I covered everything, and I don't want to be caught without a loophole. ^-^ I'll try to let you know when there are new rules though. I'm not mean.

5,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Streaker 200
User Image

Prizes are constantly being added, so make sure to check back! I still have a few extra letter sets and such, but I really want YOUR feedback on what prizes you'd enjoy.

Prize values may fluctuate! If a main prize ends up being worth less than a minor prize, I will adjust to make sure it's worth more, either by adding more gold or more items!

Overall prize value so far: 73,000,000 gold gaia_gaiagold as of December

━══════════════════════☆
Best Overall Prizes
☆══════════════════════━

User Image
Angelic Scarf (14,000,000 gold!)

User Image

First Place
Set of 2006 Letters (11,581,449 gold)
Set of 2007 Letters (4,073,886 gold)
Set of 2008 Letters (3,968,950 gold)
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Letters include:
January: Damascus Armor or Gift of the Goddess, February: Celebrity Date or Celestial Wrap or Dark Star, March: Mythic Hair or Spirit Falcon, April: Lunar Scythe or Aquatica or Oculus Magica, May: Yokai's Treasure or Demonic Anklets, June: Western Zodiac or Cloud or Mythrill Halo, July: Fire Flower or Enchanted Strings or Mecha Form, August: Summoning Tome or Plasma Gear, September: Gift of the Gods or Superior Form, October: Grunny or Gothic Veil or Vampire Hunter Hat, November: Wild Things or Autumn Glory, December: Frostbite Blade or Snow Witch or TM (Time Piece)
January: Assassin's Guise or Masterpieces, February: Magical Girl or Four Horsemen, March: Wonderland or Samurai Yoroi, April: Rock Puppy or Rock Hard, May: Oculus Mythica or Elemental Wings, June: Radiant Prism or Black Ops Gear, July: Head Case or Holy Gauntlets, August: The Lusty Scoundrel or War of the Warlords, September: Red Riding Hood or Super Powers, October: Kong Sang Scarf or Dreamer's Dust, November: Toadstool or Stone Gauntlets, December: Snow Feather or Starry Night

Second Place
Set of 2009 Letters (4,345,000)
Set of 2010 Letters (6,012,998 gold)

Letters include:
January: Scarlet Sprite or Order of Atlantis, February: Heartbreaker, Grizzly Hoodie, March: Spring Nymph or Techno-Mage, April: Cherry Blossom or Voracious Fog, May: Pride of Hera or Lightning Lash, June: Angelic Lace or Demonic Armor, July: Koi or Black Wolf, August: Nitemare Sash or Uncanny Form, September: Goti the Kid or Gothic Butterfly, October: Golden Fleece or Will-o-the-Wisp, November: Royal Wizard or Unicorn, December: Ice Prince or Silver Laurels

January: Majnun or Layla, February: Grim Reaper or Scarlet Rose, March: Sapphire Plume or Frog, April: Harbinger of Pestilence or Princess Kaguya, May: Bani the Bunny or Lunar Sash, June: Electric Knight or Serpentine Priestess, July: Bacchus or Prism Armor, August: Nitemare Crown or Solar Sash, September: Muramasa or Light Spirit, October: Mwee the Dragon or Ruby Pendant, November: OMG Scarf or Gilt Thorns, December: BuBu Kitty Plushie or Seraphic Bow

Third Place
Set of 2011 Letters (7,523,999)
Set of 2012 Letters (15,292,009)

━══════════════════════☆
Themed Prizes
☆══════════════════════━

These prizes may be one in addition to other prizes! That is why they may or may not be worth MORE than 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, ect. Think of them as bonuses. heart

Best Gemini Twins
Best art of Thall and Mar
Zodiacal 12th Generation (1,330,000)
User Image

Best Theme Song Art
Best art embracing a characters Theme Song!
Shibuya Nobody (3,880,000)
User Image

Best Wonderland Rendition
Draw any of the contest characters in an Alice in Wonderland Theme.
1,000,000 gold = 1 mil PURE!

5,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Streaker 200
Mini-Contest!!

LAST CONTEST TO COME!

5,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Streaker 200
User Image

All Entries: Click Here

Bribble: [ ━═☆][ ━═☆][ ━═☆][ ━═☆]
Tanabata Wish: [ ━═☆]
Chiara20: [ ━═☆]
KonekoKitty123: [ ━═☆]
Dominamano: [ ━═☆]
PandasSins: [ ━═☆]
kiku_michi: [ ━═☆]
Kiara_the_keyblade_master: [ ━═☆]
Elyralith: [ ━═☆]
Onion Life: [ ━═☆][/url
Twinkiiex:
[ ━═☆][ ━═☆][ ━═☆]

5,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Streaker 200
User Image

My Criteria:

My criteria for your drawings is on this:

Effort: I know some people do fast drawings, and won't be counted down for that. But effort is a big thing for me. How much work you put into it regardless of how it looks matters to me.

Likeness of Character: Who they are as a character is very important to me. I want to see you capture their true selves. ^-^

Presentation: Overal effect of the entry, sums up the other two. ^-^

And overal awesomeness. ^-^

Entering
First of all, feel free to watermark your entries, but do submit an unwatermarked one via pm. While I do support the right to protect your work, it is hard to judge with giant signatures stretched across the pieces.

Please also send 1 WIP with your entry, that way I can verify you drew your work. This is to help prevent some forms of cheating I have seen in past art contests

--- Use this format for submitting:
[align=center]
Username:
Did someone refer you here?:
Medium Used: (paint, color pencils, pencil, ect)
Are you eligibleble for any special prizes?: [back on the horse again]
May this work be used for promotional purposes?
Url to image:
Comments:[/align]

5,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Streaker 200
User Image

User Image

Shortcut to Major Characters:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Shortcut to Minor Characters:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Still to come:
Silverline City
Shortcut to Characters
User Image User Image

5,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Streaker 200

5,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Streaker 200
━══════════════════════☆
Character Songs
☆══════════════════════━

This section will eventually have it's own prize category, but these are some songs that I feel represent either groups of characters, a story, or individual characters.

Lilly - Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson
Cory - Savin' Me by Nickelback

Cory and Evelyn - Monster by Imagine Dragons

Firestone Students - What I've Done by Linkin Park

Archipelago - Hero by Skillet
Archipelago - Awake and Alive by Skillet

Tses - Burnin' In the Skies by Linkin Park, A light that Never Comes by Linkin Park
Ryden - Bonfire Hearts by James Blunt

Evelyn: Castle of Glass by Linkin Park

5,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Streaker 200
heart Reserved

5,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Streaker 200
heart Reserved

5,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Streaker 200
heart Reserved

5,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Streaker 200
heart Reserved

5,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Streaker 200
heart Reserved

5,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Streaker 200
User Image

Link Back:

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.45746359_1/][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/jfffrog/scatteredpagesbanner_zps76f70433.png[/img][/url]]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.45746359_1/][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/jfffrog/banner1_zps72ef69d8.png[/img][/url]

Links In!

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas